Nimbus Swell Review - AnabolicMinds.com

Nimbus Swell Review

1. New Member

Nimbus Swell Review

A bit late but I get there in the end....

Nimbus Swell

I ran an unsponsored log over at another site for two months. The experiment was to run Swell as pretty much a stand alone product with only Blast added for a clean pick me up ( had whey / MRP only a couple of times in two months and used Gatorade powder for carbs for early morning workouts ).

Training and Diet

Bodyweight excercises, some cardio and gymnastic rings made up the bulk along with Ashtanga Yoga ( bad back ). No set routine - I work rotating 12hour shifts and have a newborn so I did what I could when I could. I eat as clean as possible when I am hungry. I don't count calories and I don't eat for muscle gain. This is how it has been for years so I believe I can effectively gauge the benefits of a supplement.

The Review

Taste

First tub I had was unflavoured but as they are now all flavoured I will comment on the citrus orange flavour. I would describe it as light and refreshing. Not overpowering and not very sweet. Very easy to get down and could be mixed with other supps without fear of its flavour overpowering others. Had this plenty of times with Blast which together tasted pretty good. As soon as Gatorade powder was added that flavour prevailed.

Mixability

Followed the tried and tested method for supps with powdered amino's of mix / shake, let it settle in the fridge for a while, shake again. Mixed no problems at all.

Effects / What I got out of it

Pumps and vasculariy - didn't see this one coming ( maybe I should have ). Got decent pumps, almost like a muscle hardening - not a soft bloated pump. Vascularity was rather profound. I got veins through the delts and chest that I have never had before. I don't buy products for pumps generally but I certainly enjoyed this aspect of Swell.

Recovery - I believe it improved as I had limited DOMS. Considering I did not eat preworkout meals specifically, or use whey I was impressed.

Performance - dramatic improvement, the numbers speak for themselves. Big gains in all areas but most noticable for excercises where the starting rep range was 8- 12. For example some of my target excercises are as follows;

1 arm pushups ( each arm ) from 12 to 29! I **** you not

chinups 1 set max from 15 to 26 in less than four weeks ( on Armstrong chinup program )

handstand pushups ( against wall, nose to floor ) from 8 to 19

Gymnastic ring dips from 12 to 23

v-ups from 25 to 37

ab wheel rollouts ( arms straight, nose to floor, controlled ) from 15 to 30 *note - got bored of doing these so just stopped at 30*

Basically hit PB's in almost all aspects of my training and found the I was able to do harder workouts on the gymnastic rings. Endurance was great. I didn't really feel much different but when doing an excercise I would sometimes get to my old PB and think to myself 'this is strange - not tired yet'

Overall

Great supplement which has a variety of bases covered. I see this as a great all in one or as a part of a stack. Could see this stacking brilliantly with an intra workout product. Would recommend this to anyone who has the staples covered and would like something to help step up this training. I will use it this way in future but have to fund a Poseidon habit so it won't be a staple for me.

Good job again Nimbus

Hope this helps someone, Cheers

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

great review!!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  3. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

wow very nice review and i am glad you loved it. I see you in a lot of the Nimbus threads and i appreciate your input when others are looking at these products.

Reps to u
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Awesome review as always chicken. Glad to see your getting some good results from Swell.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

5. New Member

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated. Will be doing more experiments with the Poseidon complex for the next few months and then I will probably try the Swell pre and Core ABC intra combo to see how that goes. You can be sure I will add my feedback as I go.

Cheers
  6. Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder

Awesome Review. Glad to see the benefits you got. I love the Veins!!! People look at me weird when I trace my veins in the gym, but that gets me going!!!!
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colden View Post
    Awesome Review. Glad to see the benefits you got. I love the Veins!!! People look at me weird when I trace my veins in the gym, but that gets me going!!!!
    You gotta love the veinage. I really think this is part of what separates Swell from other BA / CM / Amino supps. The fact you get a pump and vascularity supp thrown in for the price is a real bonus. That and fact that you take it pre workout make it somewhat unique.
  8. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rubberchicken View Post
    You gotta love the veinage. I really think this is part of what separates Swell from other BA / CM / Amino supps. The fact you get a pump and vascularity supp thrown in for the price is a real bonus. That and fact that you take it pre workout make it somewhat unique.
    Veinage, endurance, recovery.

What more could you ask for.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gee Willikers, Thats Just SWELL. A Nimbus Swell Log
    By Outside Backer in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
  2. Nimbus Blast and Swell Reviews
    By Gtarzan81 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 05:11 AM