Borobulker's NIMBUS NUTRITION BLAST Sponsored Log

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First and foremost I would like to thank both prld2gr8ns from Nimbus Nutrition as well as all other applicants for this position, for this opportunity.

Blast™ Kinetic Energy Releaser With Poseidon Complex
New and Improved Citrus Flavor!!!
We have all tried some sort of “Energy Drink”. They are everywhere these days, convenient stores, grocery stores, Bars, health stores, gyms… everywhere you look there is some sort of drink promising increased energy and vitality. But for many of us that have consumed this “liquid energy”, we’ve experienced either immediate disappointment or a short lived boost followed by a crash of epidemic proportions. Finally, one company has “done energy right”.

Riding on the coattails of the wildly popular performance supplement – Poseidon Complex™, Nimbus Nutrition introduces the all new Blast™.

Nimbus Nutrition’s improved version of the “Energy Drink”, Blast™, boasts the most impressive, REAL Energy Boosting formula available. For the first time energy and endurance live harmoniously together in one nutritional supplement. Blast™ combines the hydrating and mental acuity properties of Poseidon Complex™, with the safe yet stimulating ingredients such as Caffeine, Tyrosine, Glucuoronalactone, Yerba Mate, White Willow Bark, Phenylethylamine (PEA) and Theobromine. This is in addition to the fact that Blast™ contains over 4300 mgs of Poseidon Complex™, to ensure proper hydration with your Energy Release.

Blast™ is another testament to the integrity and dedication that Nimbus Nutrition insists on in every supplement they produce. Yet again that old Nimbus motto, “simple yet synergistic”, has worked to perfection. In the Nimbus Nutrition tradition of excellence, Blast™ is proudly introduced to all athletes that know...”Performance is Everything”!

Blast Highlights

o Increased Energy Levels
o Maintained Hydration
o Prolonged period of Vitality
o No Annoying, Performance Destroying “Crash”
o Increased Mental Acuity
o CNS Rejuvenation
o Decreased Neuron Depletion

Nimbus Nutrition Blast can be found at Nutraplanet.com!
---------------------------------------------

Over the next few weeks I hope to cover many things, my diet, my supplement protocol, my training protocol and most importantly the correlation of all of these elements and how Nimbus Nutrition Blast contributes.

Today will be my first day trying Nimbus Nutrition Blast. I will drop all other pre-work out stimulants or attitude manipulators for this experiment. I hope to compile a non-biased opinion to help steer potential purchasers one way or the other.

Please check back often as I chart my progress with this groundbreaking new pre-workout supplement.

Wish me luck!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck man i'll be following

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1: 03/31/2008

Today was my first day taking Nimbus Nutrition Blast. I will go give a short description of some of my other supplements i take pre-work out then i will give my initial opinion of the product.

Pre-Workout
30g Waxy Maize Starch
1 scoop Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate
4 scoops of Scivation Xtend
6g Nutraplanet Beta Alanine Powder
3g Nutraplanet Taurine Powder
3g Nutraplanet Creatine Monohydrate
2 scoops Nimbus Nutrition Swell
1 scoops Nimbus Nutrition Blast

I slowly sip this concoction starting approximately 1 hour before we go to the gym. Our normal gym time is 5pm. I will usually finish up the drink before i get out of the car in the parking lot.

Tomorrow i will cover my post workout and nighttime/nocturnal supplement regimen.

Initial Product Opinion and First Dose
The packaging is awesome as it is with all Nimbus Nutrition products. It has a distinct look, they are a "family". I like the label is stylish but retains its legibility.

I did mix this with my normal pre-workout cocktail but i did drop all stimulants. I quickly realized that this was not an issue. I usually heavily rely on some type of pre-workout stimulant, usually Applied Nutriceuticals RPM or ErgoPharm AMP. With Nimbus Nutrition Blast, i felt a calm feeling. Much more controlled stimulation, i had no jitters or shakes like many expeirence with stimulants. I noticed no stomach discomfort or any other problems. I look forward to using this product to assess the amount needed. I felt like 1 scoop was a little low for me, although i weigh 270lbs. I will try 2 scoops tomorrow and reassess.

Training - Arms
Cable Tricep Extensions - Light/Warm Ups - 2 sets, each arm
Dumbbell Curl - Light/Warm Ups - 2 sets, 15 reps each arm
Standing Barbell Curls w/ Curl Bar - 95x12, 95x12, 105x10, 105x10
Bodyweight Dips - x12, x12, x10
Single Arm Overhead Tricep Extensions - 40x12, 45x10, 45x10
One-Arm Barbell Eccentric Scott Curls - Bar x8, Bar x8
Standing Dumbbell Curls - 70sx6, 70sx6
Monster Mini Band Resisted Skull Crushers - Bands+40lbs x 12, x2

No cardio today but when we got home we messed around in the garage with some strongman implements we have. EFS Stone trainer, i will post pics at another time.

Thanks again and i will post more info tomorrow!

R

rubberchicken

Awards
I am sold on Blast but always keen to hear other peoples take on it. Will also be watching

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2: 04/01/2008

No training or cardio today, scheduling next semesters classes all day!

I will cover my diet and training tomorrow!

Thanks for watching!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3: 04/02/2008

I will be posting twice today. I woke up this morning to the delightful news that both of my classes were canceled. I instantly gathered a hypothesis...
Effects of Nimbus Nutrition Blast on anaerobic cardiovascular exercise, intra-workout heartrate, endurance, etc.

For one of my classes (Technology Integration in Health and Physical Education) we have been given POLAR E600 mobile heart rate monitors.

I geared up and went down to our living room to start some fasted cardio. We have a generic upright bike, purchased at wal-mart for $88. It surprisingly has withstood any abuse put upon it by the 5 guys (my roomates) that use it.

My only supplementation was 2 scoops of Nimbus Nutrition Blast as well as 4 scoops of Scivation Xtend, sipped 30 minutes pre workout untill 5 minutes post workout.

I began with a 15 minute, moderate paced ride on the bike while maintaining perfect breathing techniques. I felt minor quadriceps fatigue, but this is normal for me.

After 15 minutes on the bike, i stretched for a few minutes and went out to our garage. In the garage i proceeded to do six sets of box jumps to our 20in box. I would usually get around 15-20 jumps, then i would walk away and attempt to control and slow my breathing. The highest i saw my heart rate get to was 160bpm although it could of went unseen at higher levels.

I recorded about 35 minutes of activity and i think it will be interesting to see the levels on a graph.

I do not have the proper software on my computer to be able to pull the heart rate charts, but i will post them as soon as i download them at our human performance lab.

Breakfast

YUM....
I was very hungry! When i came in i cooked up 1.5c of southwestern egg beaters, 1 whole Omega-3 egg, 1.5c of Broccoli, 1 slice of 2% pepper jack cheese and ~2T Heinz ketchup.

This should yield approximately:
355 Calories
7g Fat
20g Carb
49g Protein

I will be posting later tonight, thanks for looking!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice i look forward to the heart rate readings and that looks like a very nice meal :food:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAM!!! This is going to be a nice log.:thumbsup:

( and yes I'm hungry now too.:D)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3: 04/02/2008

Great day... I had my normal pre workout supplementation listed above. I felt great energy, no jitters, pure focus.

Training - Back
Light Band Assisted Deadlifts - 225x6, 315x6, 405x6, 495x3, 585x3, 635x1, 675x1 (youtube video below)
Parallel Good Mornings - 135x5, 135x6, 185x6, 225x4, 275x3
Mid-Grip Lat Pulldowns - 140x12, 160x12, 180x10, 180x7
Single Arm Dumbbell Rows - 125x12, 125x10, 125x9

Standing Ab work...

YouTube - Casey Bard - Deadlift 675 - Light Band Assist

Diet
Normal diet... Again, i will cover this another time.

I had my new favorite meal...

8oz shrimp, 1.5c broccoli, 1oz Almonds, chopped onions, 2T extra virgin olive oil... love it. GREAT pre bed meal...

Thanks for watching!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4: 04/03/2008
Another great day, we went in a little later than normal so i could fit an extra meal in. I had 3 classes today, two big tests... What better way to take out all of your stress...???? HEAVY 3 BOARD PRESSES :)

Training - Chest, Grip Work
3 Board Bench Press - 135x5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x3, 315x1, 365x1, 385x1, 395x1, 405x0, 405x0 (0's = Misses... :frustrate)
Dumbbell Floor Press - 100x12, 110x12, 115x10, 120x8
Incline Bench Press - 185x20, 185x15, 185x15

Various grip work... I have my own little routine i will share at a later time...

Great Board Press Article - CB.com
Board Press - Bench Press Board Presses

NOT ME^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for watching...

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
In before the lock! (had to say it)

I like the food pics, but whats with the brocolli?

Blast is good stuff. :)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In before the lock! (had to say it)

I like the food pics, but whats with the brocolli?

Blast is good stuff. :)

the lock? the lock out???? im not sure what you mean...

i love brocolii? it is a great veggie... watching lbs....

thanks for the look

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Nice log thus far Borobulker your def doing a great job!!!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5: 04/04/2008
NO BLAST TODAY!!!

Heading to Penn State Behrend to see Third Eye Blind tonight... I am pumped...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Ill get you an update tomo...

Thanks!!! :bruce1:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log thus far Borobulker your def doing a great job!!!

thanks buddy

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boxmeman again."

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
" I wish you would step out from that ledge, my friend.... I would understand."

Great song, great band, great log. Have fun tonight boro.:thumbsup:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 6: 04/05/2008

The concert sucked. My girlfriend got kicked in the face. I punched a kid in the throat. My friend got her coat stolen. Way too many drunk idiots, not enough security.
Third Eye Blind was great but we had to go to the back so i did not get arrested. I usually do not lose my temper but i had to enforce.
Enough on that...

Training - Legs

We had a great leg day today.

Squats - 135x10, 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 365x8, 395x8, 405x8 (youtube video below)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 115x15, 185x15, 185x15, 195x12 (picture below)
Leg Extensions - 12x12, 12x12, 13x10
Incline Treadmill - Incline on 9 at 3mph - 10 mins (post workout)

Stiff leg set-up...

I had great energy and focus. I haven't had this level of focus, ever before. It is great. As i stated before, the only thing i have added to my regimen has been the Nimbus Nutrition Blast. I am so excited that this product is affecting me in such a positive way.

I wrapped up for the last two sets.

Post-Workout Meal
Shake - 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Whey, 8g Glutamine Powder, 8g BCAA Powder, 8g Creatine Monohydrate, 5 frozen strawberries. 1 packet "weight control" oatmeal and 1 cup of all natty applesauce...

Campfire tonight, may have a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or two, i will be sure to log it! :drunk:

Thanks for watching!!!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7: 04/06/2008

No training today...

It was a beautiful day today so the girl and i went for a walk and did some spring cleaning...

Training update tomorrow!!!

Thanks Guys!

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
Damn, you're a strong dude!

Blast is a pretty good product, this is my w/o drink:

1 scoop Blast
2 scoops Poseidon
4 scoops Xtend
4g. BA
4g. Taurine

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, you're a strong dude!

Blast is a pretty good product, this is my w/o drink:

1 scoop Blast
2 scoops Poseidon
4 scoops Xtend
4g. BA
4g. Taurine
That is great, resembles mine a great deal!
Thanks for the props!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
April 9th, 2007

I had been a few days since i reported. I have not had any different feelings to note.

I did however dose Blast in a non-exercise situation. I took 2 scoops, mixed with crystal lite and water to my final class yesturday. I slowly sipped it the entire class, i did not notice much before i got up to leave. On the trip home i began to feel a minor rush. This is a much anticipated feeling, i often drink energy drinks before driving just to have the "focus" or stimulation.

This drive lasted approximately 2 hours for me. Keep in mind i am 265lbs, i dosed on a semi-full stomach and i am very insensitive to stimulants.

If i can get my homework done early enough tonight, i am going to do some research on some of the "less known" ingredients (to me) in the Blast complex.

I would like to experiment with this problem more extensively.

Energy Drink vs. Nimbus Nutrition Blast

thanks for watching...

back to a full training log tomorrow...

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
nice comparison. I find that blast gives me a smooth subtle energy, no jitters or anything harsh. Comparing it to an energy drink would work as there is relatively an equal amount of caffeine in both. Blast also has the Poseidon complex and is way cheaper price/serving so IMO Blast would definitely be the way to go...Nice log so far...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice compare and contrast boro. This log is going great!!!:thumbsup:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
April 12th, 2007

Nothing new to report... I have had a few great days in the gym as of late. I will cover some of my highlights.

Arms
Standing Dumbbell Curls - 70s x 6

Shoulders
Single Arm Clean and Press - 105lbs Dumbbell - x5

Back
Conventional Deadlift - 565x2
Dumbbell Rows - 125lbs dumbbell - x18

Chest
Barbell Bench Press - 295x8
Smith Machine Superwide Grip Incline Press - 135x30

Heart Rate Charts
As i posted earlier in the log, i did minor cardiovascular work in the form of upright bike followed by box jumps. The following are two separate days, with same Blast dosing. Please keep in mind that i am making NO comments relating to Blast and heart rate. I simply felt great energy and focus, as i always have with this product.

Note: All dates, times, names and other information is fictional and based off of a a school project.

For this reading i rode the bike for 20 minutes at a moderate pace then walked out to my garage. I did five sets of box jumps, each about 12-15 jumps.

For this reading i rode the bike for 28 minutes at a moderate pace then i walked out to my garage and swept the floor. I then did five sets of box jumps, each about 12-15 jumps.

For this reading i simply recored my resting heart rate, blast free. This time ironically was spent browsing information regarding Nimbus Nutrition Blast.

In addition, Nutraplanet now offers Nimbus Nutrition T-Shirts:

Nimbus Nutrition T-Shirt By: Nimbus Nutrition
HOW SWEET??? I will be adding one of these to my next order and i think you should too!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice charting Boro. You can tell by the pics and the charts, exactly what your major is/or will be.:D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow i like all the charts man. Keep up the good log...and i am wearing a nimbus shirt right now as i prepare to head off to the gym :cool:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice charting Boro. You can tell by the pics and the charts, exactly what your major is/or will be.:D
you mean my numerous food photos? haha i am obsessed with taking photos of my good, nutritious meals. Meal preperation is a hobby of mine...

ill post more...

:hot:

thanks for the props buddy!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you mean my numerous food photos? haha i am obsessed with taking photos of my good, nutritious meals. Meal preperation is a hobby of mine...

ill post more...

:hot:

thanks for the props buddy!
LOL, no problem man. Looking forward to actually "seeing" your nutrition set up. :D:thumbsup:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
04/13/2008

Great training day today... Yum...
I am using this week as kind of a deloading week. I am feeling pretty beat up, time to act like a bodybuilder.... kinda :)

NIMBUS NUTRITION BLAST EFFECTIVENESS
This stuff is awesome. I feel so much energy, so much drive. I think this is an ideal supplement for strength sports athletes. Below is a quote from a post i posted on another forum. It is in reference to strength sports atheletes and the use of conventional "pre-workout" supplements. Nimbus Blast is the answer.

If you are training for PL or SM events like i assume you are i would recommend some other items...

Although "pump" is not all that these products provide, i feel there are much more beneficial and economic ways of achieving better results.

I have seen some issues with "NO" type pre-workout drinks starting when i switched to PL/SM style training. This is not training for pump or size or looks, nothing of the sort. This involves you being as strong and as fast as possible, "efficiency".

Therefore, i would look toward more endurance oriented products while still maintaining a caloric surplus as well as keeping a balanced, structured diet.
I have seen great results from my current supplement arsenal.

Along with basic ancillaries, i currently take:
PreWorkout:
3-4 Applied Nutriceuticals RPM

During Workout:
25g Scivation Xtend
20g IDSWaximaize
2-3g Sci-Fit Creatine Monohydrate

Immediately Post Workout:
25g Scivation Xtend
60g IDS Waximaize
5g Sci-Fit Creatine Monohydrate

Post Workout ~10-15 mins:
48g (2 scoops) Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey - Gold Standard

I think that this program works great for not only "bulking" or "cutting",etc. but is a great all around recomp/strength/muscle builder. This is basic nutritional and supplementation knowledge being refined to suit each "genre" of weightlifting.

Please remember this is in no way my complete supplementation program, nor do i count any dietary sources of protein or carbohydrate for this consideration.
I would be happy to lay that out as well if interest is shown.

Best of luck, now go SFW!!!
Casey

Training - Legs
16" Box Squats (with pause) - 135x10, 135x10, 225x5, 295x5, 315x5, 365x5, 365x5, 365x5, 365x5, 365x5. (Emphasis on speed)
Laying Leg Curls - 12x10, 12x8, 10x10, 10x8, 10x8
Smith Front Squats - 135x10, 135x10, 225x10
Incline Treadmill - Incline on 9 at 3mph - 10 mins (post workout)
TIME TO GO HOME...

Tomorrow i will try and cover my diet in detail, pictures, macro listings etc....

Thanks for watching!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
04/14/2008

Today is a moderate day. Moderate fat, moderate carb and moderate protein.

I try to shoot for a layout the sample below but sometimes it does not workout as anticipated.

Later in my log, i will log a High day and a Low day.

Justin Harris' Macro-Cycling Layout - Easy concept.
This three days are cycled, High, Mod, Low.

High and Mod days fall on training days.
Low days fall on off days.
Cardio is done on Mod and Low days.

The calorie amounts are set up so that you can change foods anytime you want. You only count the protein in the protein foods, the carbs in the carb foods, and the fat in the fat foods.

So, if you have steak as a meal, and you're supposed to add 7g of fat....you only count the protein in the steak, not the fat. The 7g of fat will come from the fat sources. And if you have oatmeal in a meal and it has 8g of protein, you don't count that towards your protein.
Sample
Meal 1 (40g Pro, 40g Carbs)
Meal 2 (40g Pro, 20g Carbs)
Meal 3 ((40g Pro, 40g Carbs)
Training Meal (25g Pro, 50g Carbs)
Meal 4 (70g Pro, 7g Fat)
Meal 5 (70g Pro, 7g Fat)
Meal 6 (70g Pro, 7g Fat)
Meal 7 (2 scoops Muscle Milk)

In a week or two when i begin a serious cut for summer, i will follow the diet perfectly. For now, i am only using it as a diagram, suggestions.

Meals
Below i will post diagrams of each of my 7 meals as well as their macronutrient breakdowns.

Some ingredients were left out because they are calorically insignificant and/or i am too lazy to plug them into fitday...

Estimated Daily Totals
~2900 Calories
~65g Fat
~300g Carbs
~280g Protein

I realize these numbers resemble that of a teenage girls requirements but on mod days, you must be conservative.

Tomorrow will be a low carb day so my protein should be around 400-450gs with only around 100gs carbs. High EFAs.

Training - Shoulders
Nothing special to report, sorry! :run:

Cardio - Incline Treadmill :donut:
I walked @ 3mph at a 9* Incline for 20 mins, post workout.

Thanks for watching!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is an amazing log man i appreciate all the detail :)

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bolt10 again.

No issues buddy, you guys give me an excellent product FO' FREE. I have to take it seriously and present this the best way possible.

I have been using this log as a release from school work. So, in a way this is a form of procrastination. I am sure to excel at something deemed as such. haha

N1mBv$ RaWk$ :cheers: haha off to class! yum!

(can you tell i am jacked up on blast as i type this?)

R

rubberchicken

Awards
In my limited experience I would have to say this is the best log I have ever seen. Excellent job :thumbsup:. I expect a lot of companies in the future would be keen for you to log their stuff on the strength of this effort.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my limited experience I would have to say this is the best log I have ever seen. Excellent job :thumbsup:. I expect a lot of companies in the future would be keen for you to log their stuff on the strength of this effort.
Thank you for your support.
I hope this opens some doors for me. As i said before, there is no reason to not give back for their graciousness.

I really, honestly like this product. I do not want to overstate the obvious, each and everyday about how it provides great energy and focus. Rather, i choose to prove that it works by my desire to continue an unbiased, highly detailed log.

It seems as if this is all i have to do all day but it is not. I am already juggling my duties as a full time student, a part time web designer, part time nutritional consultant and most importantly my valued time in the gym.

As far as other companies looking for me as a tester for their products, i ask that they contact me via PM if this is the case. I do not want to possible taint the validity of this log. I am interested in working with Nimbus more in the future!

Thanks again for all the support guys and just keep watching!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Edinboro University of PA - BSHPE/ Performance Nutrition"
From my sig, i go to school in Edinboro... Everybody calls it "Boro"...

good question!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
as i said before, hope this opens up some doors for me.

i will be competing in various ASM (Strongman) comps as well as a possible USBDL (Powerlifting) meets this summer.

I cannot wait to integrate Blast into my strongman training, STARTING TOMORROW! I will have pictures and maybe some movies to post.

All in all, i will be competing against myself. Hopefully i can make something happen!

In contrast, I feel like supplement companies have a hard time finding true athletes on these boards. Many loggers are simply starting or cannot push a product to its full capabilities.

This is why i would like the oppurtunity to test this product in real world trials, competitions, etc.

As far as non-training use, i have used it a few times. I almost DON'T want to use it on non-training days because it works so well as a pre-workout stimulant complex. I will log a non-training day before it is done.

To summarize, Blast is a pretty versatile supplement. I am pushing the envelope with it tomorrow, ill try and find a flaw in the compound...

Thanks again, it means a lot to me...
Keep watching!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice pic boro.:D

Log is looking great buddy!!!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
04/21/2008

Saturday was our first Strongman training day. The whole crew came out to join in the festivities.
:djparty:

We had 3 events; 400lbs (light) Tractor Tire Flip for Reps, Hyundai Accent Car Deadlift for Reps, 390lbs Farmers Walk for Distance.

First, we all took turns on the tire. 6 flips out, 6 flips back. This was not very strength taxing but it was a good warm-up for the day. Warm up every body part with this movement.

We each did this 3 or 4 times.

Then we moved on to the real test. Hyundai Accent Deadlifts. One of the guys lifting with us is a metal fabricator. He fabbed up an apparatus that allowed us to pick up the rear end of his car. It slid into his rear frame rails and can easily be removed for the drive home.

The Accent is his winter beater and is in pretty rough shape as you can see. The car is listed at about 2100lbs but with our leverage advantage we estimated it to be about 550 at the top, after the suspension pre-load. We originally attempted this from the ground and it was way to heavy to start that low. We then put the rear tires up on 3 plates each, and re-tried it. Much easier. Do not take the word "easier" for more than a simple description. haha

After plenty of single reps, feel sets we had a mock competition...

Standings
Steve - 11 Reps
Zack - 11 Reps
Me (Casey) - 7 Reps
Corey - 5 Reps
Sean - 2 Reps
Mark - 1 Rep (@ 160lbs!)

ZACK

YouTube - Steve Tauriello - Hyundai Accent Car Deadlift - 11 Reps
STEVE

ME (CASEY)

MARK

Next, a few of us stuck around for Farmers Walk...

Standings
Me (Casey) - 120 Yards w/ 390lbs.
Zack - 120 Yards (with pause) w/ 390lbs
Mark - 30 Yards w/ 390lbs and 120 Yards w/ 210lbs

YouTube - Casey Bard - Farmers Walk - 120 Yards - 390lbs
ME (CASEY)

ZACK

YouTube - Mark Skritz - Farmers Walk - 30 Yards - 390lbs
MARK

We stuck around a little and just did some odds and ends. Either way it was a really fun day. Great intensity.

Blast Dosing
I dosed Nimbus Nutrition Blast twice throughout the day. I had awesome power, energy, strength, etc. all day. I was going to let some of the other guys try it but before i had a chance to, they had already taken their own stimulant blends.
Next time we have a training day, i am offering Blast samples to the other participants to gather some feedback.

Thanks for watching!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
04/24/2008

For todays post i felt like posting another glimpse into my diet. Below i will post all of my meals in order with a macro chart as well as a brief description of the meal.

Meal 1

Meal 2

Meal 3

Meal 4

I coupled my peri-workout meals into one chart.

Meal 5

The sauce used on the shrimp was kraft low fat italian dressing made with EV olive oil.

Meal 6

As you can see i am trying to eat up some venison i have before i move out for the summer. I normally do not eat this much venison. I wish i did.

Nothing else too notable. If you have preparation questions or anything just let me know!

Injury
Over the weekend i suffered a slight injury to my lower back. I wonder why? haha

I visited a new chiropractor who was very interested in my sport and wants to be involved with my career as a competitor. This is a great opportunity for my friends and I.

I took a few days off and i went to the gym today to try a quick arm workout. I figured arms would give me some relief from heavy lumbar stress.

I will keep you updated on my status. I would consider myself back to a 90% condition.

Training - Arms
Great arm day today, one of the best. We went back into our bag of tricks and used some movements we had not used in awhile.

Single Arm Cable Pulldowns - Warm-ups
Cambered Bar Cable Pressdowns
Standing Dumbbell Curls - Warm-ups
Incline Dumbbell Curls
Flat Skullcrushers w/ curl bar
Single Arm Dumbbell Spider Curls
Rope Pressdowns for high reps
Hammer bar preacher curls

20 mins on upright bike @ about 80RPM, varying resistance.

Supplementation
I wanted to note this.

Today i ditched all other pre-workout supplements except for:
20g Waxy Maize
24g Whey Protein Isolate
AND
Nimbus Nutrition Blast
Nimbus Nutrition Swell

I dosed each Nimbus product at 3 scoops. This must have had a major synergistic effect. I felt absolutely awesome at the gym. I was very pumped. It was not too easy but when i worked for it, the pump came on strong.

I felt a VERY noticeable effect on my endurance and recovery time. I was within no time constraints but i wasting no time during my workout. I was minimizing break times and pushing my training partner, steve, to drive on. During my cardio session, i seemed to have buffering effect happening. My quads were not burning as they often do with moderate resistance.

I am very interested in seeing if this feeling can be achieved again. I will train in Rochester, NY this weekend and i will repeat the dosing protocol.

Thanks for watching!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice vids boro. Logs looking great, interested to see how the dosing parameters will work for you.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
04/30/2008

Nothing new to report. I have been dosing at about 2 scoops before training and 3 scoops before training and cardio.

Seems to be working pretty well for me. I may take an entire week off of it, during finals and moving. When i move into my new environment for the summer, start taking it at 3 scoops. I still have approximatly 1/3 of the tub left. I will keep the log updated at least every few days.

My diet has been cleaned up significantly. I am only consuming carbs peri-workout. All other meals will be primarily a lean protein with a fiberous veggie. I have been eating a ton of celery, cucumber and summer squash.

I will have some new food pics up in a few days.

Training is hit or miss with finals coming up. I have been spending much less time in the gym and more time in the books. I am sure many of you can appreciate that.

If anyone has any questions, please throw them out there!

Thanks!!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep up the great work in this log...i feel ya on the studying over weight room man. I just finished up exams so i am glad..good luck on it and when its done you can hit the weights with full force again :D

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINALS ARE DONE.

I will try and get a late post tonight as i NEED to squat out my sarrows...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINALS ARE DONE.

I will try and get a late post tonight as i NEED to squat out my sarrows...
Very nice man..i knew you'd be posting soon as my friend from Edinboro heads home today :cool:

hope it all went well and i look forward to your updates

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
05/12/2007

BACK to training tomorrow! I cannot wait. :dance:
I have had something like 5 days off, no training, no blast. Just moving and studying! Im in Rochester now until late August and i hope i show up, leaner, meaner and stronger...

I will be implementing a new training protocol based on a Westside Barbell template. Yum...

This is on the agenda for tomorrow:

Monday – Dynamic Effort, Upper Body
Flat Bench: 10 sets, 3 reps (one minute between sets. Reps should be done explosively but
controlled w/50% of one rep max)
Tricep Movement: 3 sets, 10-15 Reps (one minute between sets)
Shoulder Movement: 3 sets, 10-12 Reps (one minute between sets)
Shoulder Movement: 3 sets, 10-12 Reps (one minute between sets)
Upper Back Movement: 3 sets, 10-12 Reps (one minute between sets)
Abs and/or Neck work

I am going to be big and strong in no time... This is the first powerlifting protocol i have used, hopefully this will work out. I will post tomorrow night, after i get home with some info.

thanks for watching!

PS - This is my last meal in Edinboro until September and it was gooooood.... TUNA PATTIES

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweeeeet boro. Glad to see you've got everything moved and ready to go. I know how big of a pain that can be....