Keto Spring Cut with VPX Meltdown

h22t88

Awards
Background
My name is Jay and I've been lifting on and off for 10 years. This last year I have been lifting harder and more intense than ever. I've done a 1-test cycle and a Epistane cycle in the past year. I've added around 25 lbs. of LBM in the last year along with quite a bit of fat. That's what you get for doing a dirty bulk @ 5,000kcals a day. Anyway, I'm looking to drop around 20 lbs. of fat within 1.5 months. It's quite a bit but I'm determined to knock it out.

Supps
VPX Meltdown Z-14 (3 caps)
Creatine Mono (5-10g)
Chromium Picolinate (400mg)
Omega 3 (10-12g)
Green Tea extract (200mg)
Multi twice a day

Stats
Weight: 218
Height: 6'1"
Body fat: 16%

Diet
I follow a strict, very low carb diet without any carb up days. I try to get in 250+ grams of protein spread out over 6-8 meals to total 2000 kcals. I try to eat as much healthy fat as possible but it's quite a mix. I get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

Training

Weight taining is kept to under 45 min. and Cardio is done in 30 min. periods to keep cortisol levels lower.

Mon - Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
Tues - Off
Wed - Back, Biceps, Legs
Thurs - Off
Fri - Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
Sat - Off
Sun - Back, Biceps, Legs

Cardio: 7 days a week
- Treadmill (1.5 hours total ED - low intensity 3 mph/7 incline)

Goals
To maintain as much muscle mass as possible and lose 20+ pounds of fat in 45 days. Goal weight will be 195.

The reason I am doing this log is to see what effect Meltdown has on energy, fat loss, and mental motivation. I suffer from panic attacks and pretty bad anxiety due to abuse of ephedrine for years so this will be a good test since I don't normally do well with stims. I'll try to update it ED.

Day 1:

Weight: 218

No weights today. Took Meltdown for the first time. 2 caps when I woke up. Made me feel a little shaky after about a half hour but nothing uncomfortable. First two cardio sessions went by really fast. Didn't find myself watching the clock like usual...A little bit more of an upbeat mood. I have to mow the lawn in a little while which I usually dread (it's about a half acre with a push mower) but I'm kind of looking forward to it. It's a nice day too. That's all I have for now.

h22t88

Awards
Day 2

Weight: 216

I took 2 caps of Meltdown on an empty stomach first thing this morning. Did not have any jitters like yesterday. I skipped my coffee this morning because I didn't need it. The lift from the Meltdown comes on nice and smooth. I didn't get the euphoric feeling some report. I'm going to take 3 at a time tom. and see if it makes a difference. I took another cap before going to the gym. One thing that is very noticable about the Meltdown is the increase in body temp. with excercise. After my first set of chin-ups my body felt like it was burning up, but cooled off within a min. or so. I finished my workout pretty quick. I felt a slight increase in energy but like others have said I think it's more of a motivational kind of energy. My cardio went by really fast again today (another noticable effect I really like). It's only day two but so far I am really happy with the effects of the Meltdown.

h22t88

Awards
Day 3

Weight: 216

Today I had about the same experience as yesterday. Took 3 in the a.m. and def felt a differance. I felt more of an actual physical energy boost today along with the mental boost. I've decided to update this log every few days because there isn't a whole lot different to report every day. Still lovin' it though. No problems with anxiety or panic attacks either.

h22t88

Awards
Day 5

Weight: 214

Workout was a breeze today. Still can't believe how fast time flies when doing cardio. Probably my favorite effect of the Meltdown. Weight is dropping about twice as fast as before starting Meltdown. Very happy so far. Starting to notice a little more definition in my chest/back/.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
meltdown definitely has a unique ingredient profile

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
you should gsee good results. this stuff has appetite suppresent like no other ive used

h22t88

Awards
meltdown definitely has a unique ingredient profile
Yeah...it's really hard to explain how it makes you feel. It's way different than any fat burner I've taken.
you should gsee good results. this stuff has appetite suppresent like no other ive used
Seriously. It makes it hard to get in 2000 kcals a day because I forget to eat all the time.

Weight: 213

h22t88

Awards
Day 12

Weight: 209

Weight is still coming off really fast. I have added ALA (300mg ED) and L-carnatine (2g ED). Definition is becoming more and more noticable. Multiple people have told me my face looks thinner or different. I have been getting very slight headaches the last week or so. They don't last very long. Not sure if it's from the MD or not. Other than that, no sides to report. Dropping kcals to 1800 a day.

h22t88

Awards
Day 17

Weight: 207

Weight seems to be coming down slower but the 'mirror results' are better than ever. I'm still lifting pretty hard and eating good so that could explain that. The last week has been pretty dramatic. It seems like I'm getting more definition everyday. I've upped 3 of my cardio days to 2 hours and increased Green Tea, CP, and L-Carnatine dosage X2. Stomach's starting to flatten out!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Great log so far bro! Makin me wish I got this instead of my Redline.. lol I love it tho.

h22t88

Awards
Thanks Wrasslin. I would have loved to have thrown some Redline in to really give it a boost!

I forgot to mention that I've upped my dose to 5 caps a day now also...3 upon waking and 2 more at around noon. A cool trick some of you might want to try if you have a hard time getting up and out of bed early (or just in general). Put your morning dose of stims on your nightstand with a glass of water when you go to bed. Set your alarm 10 min. early. When you wake up pop the pills and pretend like you're going back to sleep. Within a few minutes the stims will kick in and you'll almost want to get out of bed (in my case at least). No more need for a snooze button. Works great for me and Meltdown isn't a very potent stim.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
You'd like Redline man. Not sure if it's as good as this stuff tho..

Good idea with the morning thing, thats what I do. Every morning when I get up before school I have the Redline right next to me so it forces me to go do the cardio cuz after I take it I can't go back to sleep.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i finished a 2 bottle run about a month ago, am on 2nd week of 3rd bottle now. one thing i noticed was i retained water in my gut, about a week after stopping i was leaner than ever. am thinking to add lean extreme to help with the water weight due to the tta. at least i am assuming it is the tta that caused this.

h22t88

Awards
i finished a 2 bottle run about a month ago, am on 2nd week of 3rd bottle now. one thing i noticed was i retained water in my gut, about a week after stopping i was leaner than ever. am thinking to add lean extreme to help with the water weight due to the tta. at least i am assuming it is the tta that caused this.
Wow. I had know idea it caused some water retention. Thanks for filling me in. To me that is kind of good news because it's working great already. When I stop I'll lean out even more!? Sweet! If you add Lean Extreme let me know how that works out.

Weight: 206

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after i finished my 2 bottle run of meltdown i lost and additional 3-5 pounds that week. tta is known to cause water retention, particularly in the gut. won't be adding lean extreme any time soon, getting ready to run a cycle, but you have some extra leaning out coming when you finish your meltdown.:cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm well dang, i'll keep that in mind. what kind of bf level are you at bigT?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hmm well dang, i'll keep that in mind. what kind of bf level are you at bigT?
whats up easy? im at between 13-14% right now, at 225. goal is single digits at <200 by end of summer. hoping my upcoming cycle will put a real dent in it. i was 260 at 15% this time last year, so my weight loss hasn't been mostly fat. but i had to cut some weight, because as you know the older you get the harder it is to maintain good muscle tone.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never been able to tell whether I was holding water or not. now is the first time since high school i've been at 15% bf. trying to nail the next few % downwards. its not easy at all

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've never been able to tell whether I was holding water or not. now is the first time since high school i've been at 15% bf. trying to nail the next few % downwards. its not easy at all
damn ax for pulling original retain. that stuff would dry you out. you shouldn't be holding water on mmv2, eclipse tells me it will dry me out big time and has a diuretic effect. this makes my meltdown run even better as i will bridge into my mmv2/11oxo cycle as soon as meltdown/primal male run is over. btw congrats on all your progress.:good:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i apologize h22, i will shut up.

h22t88

Awards
I just read somewhere that taking 99mg of potassium 3X a day eliminates the water retention in most users. I'm probably not retaining much considering I supplement 750mg of Rx Potassium Chloride ED :( I was looking forward to that extra lean out! Oh well. Good to know anyways.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just read somewhere that taking 99mg of potassium 3X a day eliminates the water retention in most users. I'm probably not retaining much considering I supplement 750mg of Rx Potassium Chloride ED :( I was looking forward to that extra lean out! Oh well. Good to know anyways.
as cheap as it is, you might think about adding some magnesium. better yet find some cheap zma. i see you are getting educated, good for you.:thumbsup:

h22t88

Awards
Yeah, that's actually what I take my Pottasium with (didn't add it to my supps on my log) I figured it kind of fell into the Multi category. At around 8pm I take 750mg Klor-Con, 500mg Magnesium, and 50mg Zinc. Been doing that for about a year (when off cycle). Can't live without it now...and yes, the best part is it's cheap. Prob the best bang for your buck besides creatine. The rate of recovery is definately noticable. Quality of sleep etc.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
looking good man. Sounds like you are leaning up real nice. Are you going to show any pics?

h22t88

Awards
Day 23

Weight: 203

Up to six pills a day now and loving it. I kinda want to take all six at once to see how it would make me feel but I've been splitting them up. The outline of my abs is now visible and I have A LOT more tricep and calf definition. Weight training is still pretty difficult due to the lack of carbs and lower calories. The MD def helps though. It's like a night and day difference when it comes to cardio. Anyway...still no side effects (at least that I've noticed) and very happy. Down 15 pounds in 23 days...and it seems to be mostly fat. Strength is almost the same.

h22t88

Awards
Day 31

Weight: 200

Everything is still going the same except I pulled/strained something in my shoulder this morning pretty bad. I'm gonna take a week off from lifting and just do cardio ed like usual to give it some time to heal. Shoulders are a lot more vascular and my back is starting to look pretty ripped.