(unsponsered) retain 2, mass fx, hyperdrol: my quest for ten pounds

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
On Tuesday I am going to begin my quest for ten pounds of muscle in 140 days. (days until football) I had hernia surgery two weeks ago and the last couple days have been high volume workouts to try and get my body back to where it was. Before surgery i was 6-2 223, 9.4% body fat. Right now im at 218-219 and i dont know what my body fat is. I would guess 9.8%. I am going to run mass fx, hyperdrol and retain 2 for 8 weeks take a 4 week break and then run x factor and mass fx until football starts. I will also cycle on and off of creatine mono and AAKG. I take AAKG on all workout days for 6 weeks and then 4 weeks off. I take creatine mono for 6 weeks, 20 grams for three days off three and so on.... The goal of this stack is to gain 10 pounds of muscle. I know its a long shot but hopefully i can make it a reality.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Cool stack Pav should see some interesting results. Gonna follow along to see what happens because some of these products have been calling my name to try out. Good luck

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10lbs? With that stack? Dude, if your diet is good and you train hard, you DEFINITELY HAVE THIS!!! :head:

We're here for ya. Any help you need along the way, just call out!! Best of luck to you, and may you reach that goal and then some!!! :head: :head: :lol:

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ten pounds is what im hoping for and to do it while maintaining my body fat. My diet is very strict so hopefully i can do it. Im posting pics on monday

sbrb12898

Awards
so ur usin 2 bottles of each for the first 8 weeks?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah i got two bottles of hyperdrol and two of mass fx and one of retain 2.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
is cycling mono 3 days 20 grams, 3 days off(repeat for six weeks) the best way to do it?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Ran a mile this morning in 7:38. Kinda slow, but taking it easy til i feel my left inner hammy/abductor is healed up. I caught a bunch of balls this afternoon and felt great, just a little tightness in my stomach from where my surgery was. Im about to do biceps in the garage considering my gym is closed.

Breakfast: Egg whites, two pieces of whole wheat bread with peanut butter, a glass of 2% milk (dont have skim) and bowl of oatmeal.

Protein shake

Lunch: Turkey, Potatoes, a little ham. Protein Bar

Havent eaten to clean today, but its hard being home when everything isnt available to you like it is at college.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hyperdrol is legal in collegiate sports? I have to think not. Apparently, they don't make you go to class, either. ;)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
why would it not be legal? Cross reference the banned substance list for NCAA and you dont find anything corresponding. Also i wouldnt be taking it in season.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Before I started my log i wanted to be more specific about my workouts. I workout in a 14 day split with two days off. I also take two days out of these 14 to do Biceps which i consider to also be a break for my body. I know biceps are pointless for football, but u look good, u play good. Each week i front squat once, do some clean variation (hang or power) and deadlift depending on how my hips and hammys feel. I workout chest three times over the 14 days and workout my tris once. I do shoulders with chest two of the three chest workouts.

Ive realized how important rotating exercises is and the order of them as so my muscles dont get used to anything. I will also rotate reps up on primary exercises every 4 weeks, but ill go light if thats how im feeling. My biggest error in the last 6 months was going way to heavy for to long and destroying my hammy and getting a hernia. I also never took a break and it ate me up not only physically but emotionally. Hopefully my new workout will yield great results and you guys will get the jist of it quickly.

CARDIO

My cardio up until July 3 ( 5 weeks til practice) is 3 times a week of sprints and jogging (1 mile). I rotate distance up from 20 yards (explsoive) to 40 (top end) to 60 for some endurance. My mile time should be below six soon enough also. 3 times a week is the most i feel i can run and recover for lifting and i dont want to strain my hammy again.

Supplements
Creatine Mono
AAKG
ALA
Acetyl L Carnitine
Weight Gainer protein
Whey portein
Flax seed
BCAA
Citruline Malate
Beta Alanine
Glutamine
Glucosamine
Cheleated Zinc
Green tea extract
Lysine
Taurine

DOSING

MORNING
400 IUS of Vitamin E
500 MG of Vitamin C
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral
5 GRAMS L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketogluterate- 6 weeks on and off

MID MORNING
40-50 GRAM Whey Protein Shake
1 GRAM Flax Seed Oil
1 Pinch of Olive Oil

BEFORE LUNCH
5 GRAMS L-Argine-Alpha Ketogluterate -------30 Min Before
1,000MG of Vitamin c with AAKG- 6 weeks on and off

PREWORKOUT
1 GRAM Calcuim Citrate
2 GRAMS Beta Alanine
5 GRAMS Leucine
5 GRAMS Taurine ------- 30 Min Before
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Acetyl L Carnitine
5 Grams Citruline
5 Grams creatine - 6 weeks on and off

200 MG of DMAE --------15-20 Min Before
200 MG of Panax Ginseng

DURING WORKOUT
3 GRAMS Beta Alanine
5 GRAMS Leucine

POSTWORKOUT
2 GRAMS Beta Alanine
5 GRAMS Taurine
1 GRAM Acetyl l Carnitine
40-50 GRAMS Whey Protein Shake
1.5 GRAMS glucosamine
200 MG Alpha Lipoic Acid
5 grams of creatine – 6 weeks on and off
GATORADE 20 OZ

WITH DINNER
400 IUS of Vitamin E
Beta Carotene
Multivitamin
Mineral
Flaxseed Oil
pinch of olive oil

NIGHT
5 GRAMS Glutamine
1 Gram Lysine
Green Tea Extract
30 MG Chelated Zinc

HYPERDROL, MASS FX, RETAIN 2

Hyperdrol dosing:
1 in the morning
1 mid day
2 before bed (or 1 with dinner, 1 before bed)

MassFX dosing:
1 in the morning
2 PreWO - absolutely crazy intensity in the gym
1 later in the day

Retain dosing:
1 in the morning
1 PreWO (that is unless you workout in the morning)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Today is going to be an off day. Im sore as hell today, my lats and chest are killing me and my legs are pretty sore from running yesterday. Hopefully this stack will help with recovery and allow me to push harder without getting hurt. Since tomorrow is the first day of the log and my first day back to college i would like to address my diet.

My diet is very clean but not immaculate. Every morning i eat an egg white omelet two pieces of wheat toast, an apple and three egg whites from hard boiled eggs. Between breakfast and lunch i drink a weight gainer shake with 400 calories and 40 grams of protein. I also eat a nutri grain bar and maybe another apple. I then go to lunch and eat a turkey sandwich on two peices of wheat bread with no mayo or cheese, a bannana, a glass of skim milk, bowl of fruit, some chicken, egg whites from hard boiled eggs and a bowl of raisin brand with skim milk. I then have my preworkout supps. I eat a nutri grain bar during workouts and then drink a 20 oz bottle of Gatorade and a 50 gram whey shake immediately afterworlds with my post supps. Dinner is about an hour later and i eat clean depending on what there is. I dont ever drink alcohol, eat pizza, frys, chicken fingers, fast food or any bad food, just meat potatoes and fruits. If i go out to eat all i have is a steak and potatoes with no butter. Before bed i eat two egg white omelets and im deciding whether or not i should drink a whey shake. What do u guys think?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I would switch out the egg white omelet before bed and try to get in 2-3 whole eggs (forget the whey.) Also it may just be me but that seems a little low on calories for someone looking to gain 10 lbs of lbm. Any idea what that equates to daily, seems like it would be around 2800 (do you try to hit a certain amount of cals a day?)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
oh calories, id say closer to 4400. when i say like chicken or meat i mean like 14-16 ounces. I have my sandwich for lunch and eat whatever the days food is, usually chicken or turkey sometimes flank steak. Why would u say whole eggs before bed instead of egg whites and is three enough? i love my sunny side up eggs.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Egg Whites are going to be readily digested. Whole eggs would be a great source of protein and nutrients while digesting slower due to the fat content. 3 would be plenty (its actually what I'm doing right now with 2 tbsp of flax to go along with it.)

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
thanks, i think im gonna do both, egg whites and sunny side eggs tonite (3). It feels like christmas, nutraplanet is the best. I got the rest of my supps just in time and a free shirt, ax hat, shaker and a bunch of free packets. tommorow it starts, i got my pills all organized in a tackle box and i gotta take about thirty a day plus tons of powders, im mad excited. My girlfriend just took a bunch of pics of me and i was wondering how the heck to post pictures from my computer? Cant wait til tommorow guys, hope the alpha male comes out!!! damn all these bottles look perty

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks, i think im gonna do both, egg whites and sunny side eggs tonite (3). It feels like christmas, nutraplanet is the best. I got the rest of my supps just in time and a free shirt, ax hat, shaker and a bunch of free packets. tommorow it starts, i got my pills all organized in a tackle box and i gotta take about thirty a day plus tons of powders, im mad excited. My girlfriend just took a bunch of pics of me and i was wondering how the heck to post pictures from my computer? Cant wait til tommorow guys, hope the alpha male comes out!!! damn all these bottles look perty
Good luck man. I definitely know the excitement that comes from a new supplement.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
occfan, i just chopped up some sunny side up eggs and egg whites and damn that was gross. nobody said it would taste good though. arite well im out. gotta be up early to get some ART and stim on my hammy.......

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
occfan, i just chopped up some sunny side up eggs and egg whites and damn that was gross. nobody said it would taste good though. arite well im out. gotta be up early to get some ART and stim on my hammy.......
I am personally not a fan of eggs but with the switch to a CKD they are a massive part of my diet. I find that I completely dislike sunny side up with runny yolks and instead have them over easy and hard boiled. Actually not bad at all when you find a way to make the yolk hard.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah glad to hear, hopefully i can get the guy behind the counter at school to make me some good eggs. Well todays the first day of the log and im feeling good. Ate egg whites, two pieces of toast, whites from three hard boiled eggs and an apple for breakfast. I got ART treatment on my hammy and did some strengthening excercieses and its feeling much better. Today im going to do chest shoulders and abs followed by 10 min on the bike, sprinting in the pool and form running and a one mile jog. looong workout today.

gym88

Awards
good luck mate.
my cousin did this stack had amazing results in just 8 weeks

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
WORKOUT 1. CHEST TRIS AND CORE

Question of the day: should i do cardio in the morn before workouts or at nite 9:30 after workouts? my workouts are at 3 and 2+ hours of working out drains the system to much.

Arite so i weighed myself for the first time since surgery and was much lighter than i expected, i was 216.3. I guess this makes sense becuase today i wasnt bloated and when i weigh myself i ussually am. Well aside from the weight issue it was an effective workout, ive lost a lot of strength and endurance though. The workout took about an hour and a half. I started out with some corrective excercises for my core back and shoulders and then hit the weights.

Lockout Bench ( placing bar on rails and pressing off and lowering back down. I rasied the rails after each set and started at chest level.)
185-12 205-10 225-10 245-12
Planks 1:00 1:00 1:00

SMITH DECLINE 135-10 185-10 200-10 215-10
SIDE PLANKS 45sec each 45 sec each 45 sec each

REV GRIP BENCH ON SMITH 175-10 190-8 205-5
LEG RAISES 20 20 20 (Left hammy sore)

CLAP PUSH UP 13 11 10
SKULL CRUSH 65-10 65-8 65-7
SIDE LEG RAISE 20each 20 each 20 each

DEC FLY 30-15 35-10 40-7
TRI EXT 100-15 110-12 120-11
LEG RAISES 20 20 20

I dunno if i have mentioned it but i have had some left hammy problems and havent sqauted in a while or done legs. (7 weeks) The hammy is getting better and im getting lots of treatment. Today i went on the bike and ran sprints in the pool and now im icing it. Hopefully it heals fast and i can get back to sqauts and dead. I love my sqauts and deads and hopefully i can start light in like a week or so.....i dunno gotta ask the trainers.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
dinner was crap here, just had turkey on a wheat sandwich, some turkey, whole wheat pasta and some yogurt. I just made a couple ounces of beef and im eating that now. egg whites and sunny side up later!!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
good news AX, ive been wearing around the free hat u guys sent me and talking up your stuff and another kid on the team just decided to buy this stack too.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
WORKOUT 2. BICEPS AND A JOG

217.1 (+.8)

45 DEGREE SEATED CURL 20-15 25-15 30-15 35-7
REV BARB CURL 35-15 40-15 45-15 50-11
CABLE CURL 60-15 70-15 80-15 90-15
HAMMER CURL 20-15 25-15 30-10 35-6
ISOLATION CURL 20-15 25-12 30-6 25-failure 20 failure 15 failure
BARB WRIST CURL 75-20 75-20 75-20
BAND CURL 15 15 10

I felt pretty good today, got a sick pump in. I ran a mile after the workout and my hammy was fine after warming up. I ran a little slow on the track (7:22) but the time is still going down. The hammy is kinda sore now and im considering whether or not i should front squat, clean and box jump tommorow considering friday is an off day. My plan as of now is to run a mile and then do light cleans, box jumps and front squats. Im nervous becuase i havent sqautted or cleaned in 8 weeks, im gonna keep it real light. AX should i take the mass fx and stuff before i run or before i lift, im gonna do them back to back?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
WORKOUT 3. RUN AND LEGS

218.5 (+2.2)

So i had been looking forward to doing legs for a while but today turned out to be one of those really discouraging days. I warmed up and ran a 7:22 mile outside(same as yesterday) and then i came inside to squat. I decided to front sqaut and start with 135 and do nothing heavier. I put 5's on the ground under my heels so my feet wouldnt turn outward and aggravate my left hammy/abducter. I did one set of 10 with 135 and it felt like 405, im really really upset about this. And then my next set was of ten also, but after my hammy just started to feel not right. I stopped that and just finished with extensions and calve excercises. Today way really upsetting for me, as i used to sqaut 405 for sets of ten and dead 405 for sets of ten. Right now my legs just feel terribly weak and cant get through the easiest of workouts. Well tomorrow is an off day, hopefully my hammy wont be to sore in the morning and ill get to 405 soon enough.

At this moment i would estimate my upper body strength at 80% what it was before surgery. I would estimate my speed and endurance to be 65% what it was before surgery and i would say my leg and back strength is 30-40% what is was before surgery. (mostly due to the hammy injury). This was just an overall bad day in the books. I just want the hammy to heal and im hoping all these numbers turn into 110-130%

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
DAY 4. OFF

Ive been notcing lately that my appetite has increased a lot. I woke up this morn and my hammys are both real sore but especially my bad one

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is up with your hamstring? Why not take a week or so off from all leg exercises to give it ample time to heal up then hit the weights hard when its 100%?

When you say your sore are you experiencing after break DOMs or is this a bad type of sore?

gym88

Awards
What exactly is up with your hamstring? Why not take a week or so off from all leg exercises to give it ample time to heal up then hit the weights hard when its 100%?

When you say your sore are you experiencing after break DOMs or is this a bad type of sore?
i aggree take a week or so off from legs.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
i pulled it 4 times over christmas break. I gave it it four weeks of break and then repulled it the day i got my hernia deadlifting 500. Its been resting for 6 and a half weeks now. Taking a week off doesnt necessarily heal anything. Im getting treatment on it and its alrite right now. I run with no problem, but it isnt necassirlly rest that will help it. Its a functional thing and hopefully with treatment and eccentric excercises it will heal up soon. Id take more time off but spirng ball starts next wed at 6 am.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Arite so after doing a bunch of stregthening excercises this morning (ball squats rev weighted leg lifts.....) my hammy is pretty sore. Im going to do chest and shoulders tommorow and i belive if the hammy feels good ill jog a mile, maybe sprint a bit :) and do the stair stepper backwards to get my hammy strength up. Itll be a long workout but my body is well rested from taking today off.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
so i woke up this morn and my left hammy is pretty sore from doing the reverse weighted leg lifts. I think im just gonna hit the bike for half an hour after my chest and shoulders workout and then do some light stretching. (over-flexibility is actaully what led to my pulled hammy) I was wondering if anyone knew anything about REM sleep. Everynite i wake up 2-3 times to take a piss during sleep and i get 9 hours every nite but its disrupted by getting up. Could this hinder my ability to heal??????

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
DAY 5 CHEST SHOULDERS ABS BIKE

218.1 (+1.8)

BENCH 135-10 175-10 190-10 205-8
PLANKS 1:00 1:00 1:00

ARNIE PRESS 35-10 45-10 50-10 55-10
SIDE PLANKS 1:00 each 1:00 each (then my left shouldr started to hurt a bunch so i stopped the side planks.)

MIL DB PRESS 30-10 40-10 50-10
LEG RAISES 20 25 20

DB PRESS 65-10 70-9 75-6
CRUNCHES 50 50 50

FLAT FLYS 30-15 35-12 40-10
SIDE LEG RAISES 25each 20each 20 each

SIDE RAISES 10-15 12.5-15 15-10

SO today i felt pretty good lifting. I did ten minutes of biking and my hammy is still not feeling great. It gets tired and tight really fast. I dont know if it has anything to do with the mass fx, hyperdrol and retain, But i feel so exhausted like never before after workouts.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
subbed.planning this as a 12 week stack in the summer. maybe earlier. isnt it advised to take massfx for only 4 weeks straight?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
the bottle says 4-8 weeks. I dunno i was wondering the same thing. Do any of the reps know what happens right after you stop taking this stack? do estrogen and test return to norma quickly?

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WORKOUT 2. BICEPS AND A JOG

217.1 (+.8)

45 DEGREE SEATED CURL 20-15 25-15 30-15 35-7
REV BARB CURL 35-15 40-15 45-15 50-11
CABLE CURL 60-15 70-15 80-15 90-15
HAMMER CURL 20-15 25-15 30-10 35-6
ISOLATION CURL 20-15 25-12 30-6 25-failure 20 failure 15 failure
BARB WRIST CURL 75-20 75-20 75-20
BAND CURL 15 15 10

I felt pretty good today, got a sick pump in. I ran a mile after the workout and my hammy was fine after warming up. I ran a little slow on the track (7:22) but the time is still going down. The hammy is kinda sore now and im considering whether or not i should front squat, clean and box jump tommorow considering friday is an off day. My plan as of now is to run a mile and then do light cleans, box jumps and front squats. Im nervous becuase i havent sqautted or cleaned in 8 weeks, im gonna keep it real light. AX should i take the mass fx and stuff before i run or before i lift, im gonna do them back to back?
Im not sure what you run on the track, but Ive played basketball a few times after taking a MFX dose, and the pumps in my calves were about to the point where I had to just stop. So thats something to think about.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I dont have any pumps at all really from the mass fx to speak of.............

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
DAY 6. BACK AND JOGGING

218.8 (+2.5) 25% there!!!!!!!!!!

BENT OVER BARB ROW 135-10 185-10 195-8 225-8
REV GRIP LAT PULL DOWN 85-10 115-10 145-10 175-10
SEATED ROW 42.5-15 70-15 90-15 110-10
LAT PULL DOWN 115-10 130-10 160-10 190-10
STANDING DB ROW 75-10 85-10 95-10
SHRUGS 225-10 225-10 225-10 ( This is a lot lot less than i was doing before i got hurt.)
HIGH RAISES 35-15 45-15 55-15
NECK 45-10 45-10
So today i woke up and my hamstring felt much better. After my workout i ran a 7:28 mile and did some ball sqauts. The hammy still doesnt feel right when doing sqauts but hopefully itll heal up and start working right. I cant wait to get back to sqautting and deadlifting!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Todays just gonna be abs. Ussually it would be legs too, but im gonna give them a break until wed morning at 6am when spring ball starts. I caught a bunch of balls last nite and ran some routes and the hammy was bothering me a lil so i took it easy. Oh and by the way the "alpha male" thing is defnitly kicking in.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
DAY 7 ABS AND CALVES

219.5 (+3.2)

So today was just a couple of ab circuits. It kills me that my leg aint ready to sqaut and clean yet. Otherwise im putting weight on really fast. I cant really tell how my abs are looking though becasue all the scar tissue around my belly button. I really have no idea where my body fat is, prob under ten. Im gonna rest my legs i think til wed 6am practice. Tommorow is just gonna be biceps and the next day will be chest and delts. Damn i wana do legs so bad!!!!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah thanks. most of its prob water and glycogen though. It just pisses me off i cant sqaut and dead. Thats where all my mass comes from. I had 27 inch legs before i got hurt and im 6-2.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
subbed...I really wanna try this stack!
same. something tells me i will really like AP when i start it in a few weeks and will add it to this stack as well when i run it in the summer.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yeah its a great stack so far. Ive been gaining lots of weight with not much of a gain in overall calorie consumption.