Supplement Advice would be greatly appreciated

E

Eruspoena

Awards
I have been reading a lot of posts on this site and I think many of you know a hell of a lot more about supplements than I do. Could you guys look over what I am currently taking and give me any advice on the products I am taking, the quantity I take, or the timing of them in relation to my meals/workouts.

A little background… I am currently 6’1” and weigh 225 with shoes, shorts, t-shirt. I stopped working out about 3 years ago at the time I was 210. 6 months ago I started working out again; I was weak and weighed 225. I have been trying to get back to 210 but gain strength at the same time. I have made some good strength gains and I am now stronger than I was 3 years ago. Although I have not lost weight I feel good about the fat to muscle conversion that has taken place, I guess if I can keep gaining in strength and stay 225 I would be fine with that.

Current workout schedule (workout with a buddy usually at 6pm-7pm)
Monday – Bench, legs
Tuesday- 30 min cardio, abs
Wednesday- Back, shoulders
Thursday- 30 min cardio, abs
Friday- biceps, triceps
Saturday- 30 min cardio, abs

We have been on this plan for 3 months; we plan on going back to bench & triceps, back & biceps, shoulder & legs next week.

My current supplement plan

Breakfast 7am
AST Nytro Pro40
1 scoop micronized creatine
3 BSN Nitrix
1 AST MultiPro 32x multi vitamin
1 AST DHEA 100
2 Udo’s 3 6 9 Oil Blend
1 Syntrax Radox Free Radical Scavenger
2 AST Myo-D
1 Lipo-6x
Banana
Yogurt

11 am
AST Nytro Pro40
3 BSN Nitrix

3 pm
AST Nytro Pro40
(Sometimes I go out to eat with coworkers and skip the 3pm Nytro)

530 pm
2 scoops AST VP2 Protein (47 grams protein)
3 BSN Nitrix
1 AST DHEA 100
2 Udo’s 3 6 9 Oil Blend
2 Syntrax Radox Free Radical Scavenger
1 Lipo-6x
2 AST Myo-D

6 PM – 7PM workout

7PM
2 scoops AST VP2 Protein
2 scoops primaForce Carb Slam Waxy Maize starch (60g carbs)

8PM
Solid meal, usually chicken

11PM go to bed
3 BSN Nitrix

A couple questions:

Is it a waste to take my 3,6,9’s and antioxidants pre-workout? I only take them pre-workout because it is easier, I know most people take supplements post-workout.
Should I take my last set of BSN nitrix immediately after my workout instead of just before bed?
Should I add vitamin C and E to my post workout supplements?
I have AST’s Gaba which should be taken before bed, should I work this into my routine?

In one week my BSN nitrix will run out I plan to start an applied nutriceuticals RPM/Drive/NeoVar stack. I plan to drop out the AST Myo-D.

I know my supplements are a mess, any advice on how to work the RPM/Drive/NeoVar into my regiment along with recommendations to what I am currently doing would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long post…

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
How old are you? I only ask because I'm curious about the DHEA.

You don't really seem to eat a lot of whole foods. Why an arginine supplement? There are many people on here that don't believe in them. Money can be put towards other things, like food.

Are you taking Lipo6x with food or on an empty stomach at least an hour before a meal? It also looks like you could get a more cost effective fish oil than the Myo-D.

---------------------------
Welcome to the board. I'm not hating on you at all I'm just getting a whole lot of questions put out there so that we can kinda 'think out loud' on this.

E

Eruspoena

Awards
I am 26 and I forgot to mention that I was dropping the DHEA out of my list as well.
I purchased a bottle of it after reading about it on another website, I think it is a waste of money and that is why I was cutting it out.

I take the Nytro because it is easier for me to control my diet and it is quick. Are MRP’s not good for you?

I take the Lipo6x with a Nytro or a protein shake. Should I be taking it differently?

I have Health From The Sun’s “the total EFA” in the fridge but honestly I gag when I try to drink it. I will have to learn to like it, it should save a lot not having to buy Myo-D. Thanks

I have tried to look into many of these products but don’t understand a lot of it, that is why I am here looking for some advice. I welcome criticism I just want to improve.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I think that you'll see more benefits from your lipo6x if you take it on an empty stomach about an hour before a meal.

I'm guessing you're trying to cut? A little fiber wouldn't hurt, in fact, it could help you shed a little.

Do you know how many calories you're getting in a day? Just found a quick calculator on the internet and it says that your maintenance level is 3350cal a day. If you're eating below that your body will go in to storage mode and attempt to store every nutrient that you get, usually as fat, instead of utilizing it as energy.

If you're able to eat around that 3350 mark in a day while continuing to make your strength gains (which is in turn promoting lean mass growth) you will begin to lose some bf. You might not notice it as much on the scale but you should be able to see some results in the mirror as well as around your waist.

As for meal replacements instead of whole foods. Yes they're convenient, I'm just as guilty of it from time to time (used to have em all the time,) but your body definately benefits from healthy whole foods like meats, whole grain foods, vegetables and some fruits.

E

Eruspoena

Awards
I will start taking the lipo6x immediately when I wake up that would make it just about an hour before I drink my breakfast shake.

I have been trying to cut or at least maintain while I add strength, I know the Nytro’s have 5g of fiber in each so from them alone I get 15-20g a day. How high should I target?

I am not at the 3350 mark, on average I am around 2800 cal. I have stayed the same weight and have noticed that I look leaner in the mirror. I will look to add some real food to my diet to up my calorie intake.

When I start the RPM/Drive/NeoVar stack will I need to adjust my calorie intake at all?