Renegade's 40 Days to Muscles

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Hahaha. I'd imagine leg day is even more dreaded when you're doing it GVT.

Props to you.

I could never last through a GVT workout.
    LOL. I find my body responds best to high reps when it comes to legs. My lower back just doesn't like the heavy squats.
    •   

2. Have you been doing GVT for a while now, have you noticed significant growth over the normal 4-5 heavy sets? I ussually throw in a 20 repper after 3-4 sets but 10x10 sounds like death.

Also do you noticed any insane leg pumps from the size on and the high volume of work?

3. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Have you been doing GVT for a while now, have you noticed significant growth over the normal 4-5 heavy sets? I ussually throw in a 20 repper after 3-4 sets but 10x10 sounds like death.

Also do you noticed any insane leg pumps from the size on and the high volume of work?
    This is probably my 3rd leg workout using GVT. I've done it before though and noticed growth last time. I have skinny legs and this bulks them up nicely. The main reason I do it though is because my lower back is touchy and the constant heavy squats makes it sing.

I take the SizeOn in the morning, and then lift about 8 hours later. BUT I do notice more muscle volume and pumps then normal. That's probably due to the HDx2 as well. The high volume is awesome for pumps though. Especially since high rep squats taxes your cardio, I can usually go and eat a giant meal after a workout and then take a nap I'm so exhausted.

I think the Rippetoe program is one of the best for building the legs up quickly. But it's a pretty demanding routine if you ask me.

Squatting your 5RM three times per week is for sadists.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    This is probably my 3rd leg workout using GVT. I've done it before though and noticed growth last time. I have skinny legs and this bulks them up nicely. The main reason I do it though is because my lower back is touchy and the constant heavy squats makes it sing.

I take the SizeOn in the morning, and then lift about 8 hours later. BUT I do notice more muscle volume and pumps then normal. That's probably due to the HDx2 as well. The high volume is awesome for pumps though. Especially since high rep squats taxes your cardio, I can usually go and eat a giant meal after a workout and then take a nap I'm so exhausted.

I think the Rippetoe program is one of the best for building the legs up quickly. But it's a pretty demanding routine if you ask me.

Squatting your 5RM three times per week is for sadists.

Yea rippetoe has some principles I find would work but overall don't find it practical both on recovery and for people who live in a normal world of stress (also I don't like to negate isolation movements.)

I hear you on the lower back, thats the biggest reason I am contemplating switching to a higher volume leg day when I get back to graining LBM. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on how you do with that as a side note to the real deal of this log, HD2 and SizeOn.

5. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Yea rippetoe has some principles I find would work but overall don't find it practical both on recovery and for people who live in a normal world of stress (also I don't like to negate isolation movements.)

I hear you on the lower back, thats the biggest reason I am contemplating switching to a higher volume leg day when I get back to graining LBM. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on how you do with that as a side note to the real deal of this log, HD2 and SizeOn.

Sounds good bro. Lots of people prefer higher volume for legs. Tom platz kept his around 8-10 reps, and sometimes went as high as 15-20.

If I'm doing heavy deadlifts once per week, the last thing I wanna do is follow them up with heavy squats. That's how I hurt my back a few months ago. It wasn't that my form was bad or the weight was too high, I just overdid those two movements with low reps, and sprained it real good.

I'll make a note to emphasize the leg workouts and results for ya though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Sounds good bro. Lots of people prefer higher volume for legs. Tom platz kept his around 8-10 reps, and sometimes went as high as 15-20.

If I'm doing heavy deadlifts once per week, the last thing I wanna do is follow them up with heavy squats. That's how I hurt my back a few months ago. It wasn't that my form was bad or the weight was too high, I just overdid those two movements with low reps, and sprained it real good.

I'll make a note to emphasize the leg workouts and results for ya though.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

7. Day 7 - PULL DAY

Supplements
    3 caps Hyperdrol spread out evenly
    6 caps SizeOn after breakfast
    200mg Caffeine pre workout

Workout
    3 x 5 Deadlifts
    5 x 5 BB Rows
    5 x 10 DB Rows
    5 x 5 Weighted Chins
    5 x 15 Lateral Raises
    5 x 15 BB Curls

Thoughts
    I'm really looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I had 3 major workouts in the past 4 days. And I'm beat. I'm up 3lbs by the way. You have to understand that I'm coming off a layoff with powerful products and a determined plan. I have a feeling I'm going to make some e****lent gains in the next few weeks. Just in time for summer.

SizeOn is good so far. I have noticed a tiny bit of bloating but basically it increases the volume of my muscle belly. The pills are big and nasty, but once they settle in your stomach they give good pumps and focus. I take them at work, and even at work I notice the pump when I'm not doing much. Aftertaste is something else though. So far they are rating 7.5/10

Hyperdrol is also good so far. I'm finding I'm leaning out and becoming more defined and vascular. My libido is pretty high as well. I took 4 caps yesterday to enhance recovery and growth, and I found my sleep was very heavy and peaceful. So far this is rating a 7.5/10 as well.

Music for the Day

Similar Forum Threads

1. 4 days of HGHPro - 4 days of CT sweeeet slumber!
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 02:47 AM
  2. 6-oxo 3 caps a day 5 days on 2 days off continuous, safe?
    By DanielS3368 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 05:44 PM