Newb here looking for help - AnabolicMinds.com

Newb here looking for help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.

Newb here looking for help

i am fairly new to this and have been training for almost two years with little gain in strength or mass.
    I found some comments posted on testonate 50 and want to get more info on this product. I am 22, 5' 10, and 160 lbs and cant seem to make the gains i want.
    I am looking for info on something to help get my mass up yet stay lean. Looking into legal stuff, like testonate 50 but need more info. I am kinda nervous about side effects.
    I weight train 5-6 days a week with bodybuilding theory and am currently doing no cardio.
    I try to eat 5-7 meals a day and am supplementing with only truemass (first thing in morning bc i have no appetite and pst workout), no explode pre workout, and creatine monohydrate (off and on).
    I dont understand alot of this posting jargon and would like some help getting started on something.
    Can you help me with the testone or point me in the right direction to other stuff (Superdrol, etc.)?

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by cousinwalter2 View Post
    i am fairly new to this and have been training for almost two years with little gain in strength or mass.
    I found some comments posted on testonate 50 and want to get more info on this product. I am 22, 5' 10, and 160 lbs and cant seem to make the gains i want.
    I am looking for info on something to help get my mass up yet stay lean. Looking into legal stuff, like testonate 50 but need more info. I am kinda nervous about side effects.
    I weight train 5-6 days a week with bodybuilding theory and am currently doing no cardio.
    I try to eat 5-7 meals a day and am supplementing with only truemass (first thing in morning bc i have no appetite and pst workout), no explode pre workout, and creatine monohydrate (off and on).
    I dont understand alot of this posting jargon and would like some help getting started on something.
    Can you help me with the testone or point me in the right direction to other stuff (Superdrol, etc.)?
    I would completely stray away from the idea of any steroids. Superdrol is a steroid. Avoid them. Why you ask?

Easy, you dont know how to put on mass naturally how the hell would you be able to keep them when you come off? I went from 170-220 within under a year of training. Just eat. AM is here to help you. You can ask for some advice to get your lifting and diet in properly fixed. Think of it this way. Steroids are like inflating a balloon. They will allow more air to be put into the ballon but eventually if your diet and training isnt in check you can pretty much think of the air coming out and deflating the ballon. All you end up is a stretched up ballon(which in this term means you just end up with the sides)

Learn to bulk up properly first. I must say that bulking up to a nice reasonable size requires A LOT of food. You say to yourself that you eat a lot but your comparing it to what your used to eatting, which is probably like 1000-1500 calories per day. Try 4000 calories of good clean ****ty tasting food per day. That will bulk you up real good.

The key to bodybuilding/mass gaining is to take it one step at a time. Your already trying to fly a plane but you dont know how to turn the plane on. If you have any questions ask.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    I would completely stray away from the idea of any steroids. Superdrol is a steroid. Avoid them. Why you ask?

Easy, you dont know how to put on mass naturally how the hell would you be able to keep them when you come off? I went from 170-220 within under a year of training. Just eat. AM is here to help you. You can ask for some advice to get your lifting and diet in properly fixed. Think of it this way. Steroids are like inflating a balloon. They will allow more air to be put into the ballon but eventually if your diet and training isnt in check you can pretty much think of the air coming out and deflating the ballon. All you end up is a stretched up ballon(which in this term means you just end up with the sides)

Learn to bulk up properly first. I must say that bulking up to a nice reasonable size requires A LOT of food. You say to yourself that you eat a lot but your comparing it to what your used to eatting, which is probably like 1000-1500 calories per day. Try 4000 calories of good clean ****ty tasting food per day. That will bulk you up real good.

The key to bodybuilding/mass gaining is to take it one step at a time. Your already trying to fly a plane but you dont know how to turn the plane on. If you have any questions ask.
    My prblem is that i have such little appetite and am afraid of "bulking" and putting on ****ty mass. I train hard but cant seem to get it right.
    Any good links to some good diet/regime posts?
    •   

4. Professional Member

My prblem is that i have such little appetite and am afraid of "bulking" and putting on ****ty mass. I train hard but cant seem to get it right.
    if your appetite is "little" stimulate it. It's not that your appetite is small. Its just that your giving excuses already. I used to have a really small appetite too. My frame was EXTREMELY small. I used to weigh in at 155 at 5'11.

Im close to 6'0 and holding about 190 pounds of LBM on me.

The key is to start slooow. Everything takes time. Ill PM you some really good sites for diet regimines. It will just be a repeat of what Im telling you in a more specific manner.

EATT!!! Thats the key, steroids dont do **** to you if you dont eat. Try to increase your appetite by eatting more. Try to eat 6 times per day but healthy.

Heres a sample of my diet. This is what I ate for today. Not exactly super clean I guess but its the best I could do as a college student/part time worker

Meal 1: WHole wheat bagel with one tablespoon natty low GI index Peanut butter, 1 cup cottage cheese, Whey protein isolate shake with milk

Meal 2: 2 cups cottage cheese, 1 banana and a bunch of reduced fat 100% whole grain wheat thins. (I think it was wheat thins. Either that or triscits ) 1 scoop Whey protein isolate.

Meal 3: 8 ounce turkey 1 cup mixed veggies, 1 cup red potatos from boston market (lean turkey meat. Avoid skin)

Health Class: Made us run and do a bunch of killer cardio exercises. ( I had another protein shake here)

Meal 4: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup of milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey,
    whole wheat bagel with 1 tablespoon natty low GI index PB

Workout

PWO shake: 50g Whey Protein Isolate shake with 1 scoop of dextrose

Meal 5: 1 1/2 cups of rice, 8 ounce steak, and a ton of veggies

Meal 6didnt do it yet but ill do it in a few min )

1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup milk

Thats a sample of what I eat. That was what I ate for today. For you since your much smaller, you wouldnt eat as much. But the point is to eat A LOT. Your appetite will start to increase, your energy levels will as well. Mass grows only when you give it enough to grow. Its like saying you want to make a brick house out of bricks. No bricks or lack of bricks = lack of growth. Hope that helps.
  5. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i agree theres some good advice right there. Your body will adapt and get used to eating more, and it will need it if you are training hard enough...you can check the first page in my log(link in sig) for a sample of how my diet is
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

i agree theres some good advice right there. Your body will adapt and get used to eating more, and it will need it if you are training hard enough...you can check the first page in my log(link in sig) for a sample of how my diet is
    my diet sucks. :P

I didnt calculate any of that mumbo jumbo. 30% carbs/40% protiens and fats. I just eat. No time to think about that stuff when you have work and school and no time for play.

Like bolt said, increasing your metabolism depends on how you eat. by spreading out your meals to 6 meals per day you speed it up like crazy. My stomach will warn me its time to eat 2-3 hours later even after a hugeeee meal. Its great.
  7. Professional Member

could a mod move this so that he may get some more attention? I feel that if I was helped as I try to help people, they might show some more progress. I suffered for 2 months because no one would tell me anything.

P.S Heres a good sticky from another forum for some articles on your diet. I find it very good for beginners

http://forums.bulk nutrition.com/?showtopic=27893

(Take out the space bulk and nutrition. Its one word.
  8. Advanced Member

The above poster is absolutely correct. You really do not want to jump on the ph/ds train yet, if ever. If you have the right diet going for you, you will not need them. A good diet is way more important than any supplement you can take.

I would recommend uping you calorie intake gradually, rather that going from say 1500 cals a day (or whatever you are at) to 3000 cals a day. My reasoning for this is that if your body is only used to getting a certain amount of calories a day and you immediatly double your intake, you will more than likely start putting on fat because of the drastic change. Slowly increasing you calorie intake will help you gain lean weight without putting on too much fat(which is sounds like what you are worried about). You also have to pay attention to what type of calories you are eating. Try to eat good clean calories that are not loaded with bad fats, sugars, and so on. Eat whole grain foods with good carbohydrates in them.(contraty to popular belief certain carbs are good for you) Eat meat that is not loaded with fat but is loaded with protein(Chicken breasts, Sirloin cuts of beef, Fish, stuff like that). You can also supplement with a low fat, low sugar protein shake to help you hit your macros. This will allow you to eat more food and gain weight while minimizing fat storage.

Try keeping track of what you eat so you know where you are at diet wise. You can use the diet tracker here at AM.. It is free and you can add custom foods to it. I use it everyday to keep track of everything I eat and make sure I hit my daily intake of carbs and protein. After you know what you regularly intake you can see what you need to change in your diet.

There are also some good posts in the bulking section. You can also check out the nutrition/health section of this forum for some more help.
  9. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yea get this moved to a better section so you can get more quality feedback...feel free to pm me if you have any questions man
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  10. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    The above poster is absolutely correct. You really do not want to jump on the ph/ds train yet, if ever. If you have the right diet going for you, you will not need them. A good diet is way more important than any supplement you can take.

I would recommend uping you calorie intake gradually, rather that going from say 1500 cals a day (or whatever you are at) to 3000 cals a day. My reasoning for this is that if your body is only used to getting a certain amount of calories a day and you immediatly double your intake, you will more than likely start putting on fat because of the drastic change. Slowly increasing you calorie intake will help you gain lean weight without putting on too much fat(which is sounds like what you are worried about). You also have to pay attention to what type of calories you are eating. Try to eat good clean calories that are not loaded with bad fats, sugars, and so on. Eat whole grain foods with good carbohydrates in them.(contraty to popular belief certain carbs are good for you) Eat meat that is not loaded with fat but is loaded with protein(Chicken breasts, Sirloin cuts of beef, Fish, stuff like that). You can also supplement with a low fat, low sugar protein shake to help you hit your macros. This will allow you to eat more food and gain weight while minimizing fat storage.

Try keeping track of what you eat so you know where you are at diet wise. You can use the diet tracker here at AM.. It is free and you can add custom foods to it. I use it everyday to keep track of everything I eat and make sure I hit my daily intake of carbs and protein. After you know what you regularly intake you can see what you need to change in your diet.

There are also some good posts in the bulking section. You can also check out the nutrition/health section of this forum for some more help.

your absolutely right about the gaining weight part. If your eatting 1500 calories right now try a 200 calorie bump PER day in clean food. If you cannot eat it, try to force it. You dont have to be hungry to eat. You just kinda do it after awhile. Anyway, A good rule of thumb is 1 pounds of LBM gain per week. Meaning If your diet is in check, all the foods are clean and your training is good expect to see 1 pounds of fat/muscle combined per week. 1 pound gain doesnt mean 1 pound muscle gain. It simply means your doing it right. Try not to shoot for too much gain so quickly. Aim for 1 pound per week. 1 pound = 3500 calories. Split into a 7 day period thats about 500 calories surplus PER day. Go from 200 surplus per day and increase UP.

You'll reach a point where your eatting 500cal more than your maintnance weight per day. At that point expect to see 1 pound per week. This is a good rule of thumb to keep the fat gains to a miniumum( you will see fat gains. but if you eat clean you'll keep it to a minimum)

Before you know it in 1-2 months youll see yourself 5 pounds+ in weight. And with that you start to build. Youll notice more energy for lifts and you will be surprised at your numbers once you start to eat more.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Newb here...
    By bowskie69 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
  2. 1-AD newb..Please help..
    By Brentedavis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
  3. newb here
    By brass monkey in forum General Chat