Newbie - What to use...
- 03-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Newbie - What to use...
I'm relatively new to weight training. I do cardio 4 - 5 times per week and started weight training 3 weeks ago. For these past 3 weeks I have been taking MuscleTech supplements which - after reading some peoples posts here, I assume is equivalent to murder.
Hydroxycut Hardcore (2 servings per day)
Nitro-Tech (2 servings per day)
Leukic (1 serving per day)
I've gotten some pretty good results so far, but what do you recommend I use? I'm looking for the best protein supplement along with anything else you think may help.
Thanks a bunch!
- 03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Keep using those for now, since you already have em. no sense wasting them. Honestly, really the most important things are a multivitamin, fish oils, and a good diet + workout plan. That can get you thru the first 6 months with about the same gains as spending $250 a month in supplements.
Protein wise other than maybe having a post workout protein drink you are best off trying to stick to solid foods if you can. Otherwise, we have a couple of good protein company sponsors here (All the Whey and True Protein) and you can never go wrong with Optimum Nutrition either. Muscle Milk is great tasting, but has so much in carbs + fat its not worthwhile if you are looking to get in better shape. Its ok if you are mostly trying to add weight, but some will be fat.
03-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm actually finished with Nitro-Tech and my Leukic will be done in 2 days.
I'm not looking to get a massive body builder physique....just a nice beach bod - like underwear model-esque lol
03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
really diet + exercise are 90% of it. the supplements can help a little, but really don't make a huge difference
03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
spot on advice from easy
Easy is 100% right about the diet. You will see more noticable results with a good diet than supplements alone.
Once you are ready for supplements again I would suggest creatine/Beta-Alanine. Both work great.
03-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Haha I said that at first too.
Look at me now, Im trying to get HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
but the huge type of beach bod
Anyway if you work hard, on fixing the diet and keeping things clean and eatting a LOT you could probably get to that beach bod your aiming for within 1-2 years of time.
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
03-11-2008, 11:34 PM
03-12-2008, 02:11 AM
PS who's nelly?
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Ahhhh. Another Howard fan
It's good to see there are other Howard Stern fans here. I am listening online as I am typing this.
03-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm looking for similar results as in the muscular, underwear model type body. Right now, I'm not far off from what this guy looks like
I just want bigger arms, chest, and more defined abs.
To accomplish my goal I'm gonna run an RPM/Drive/AnabolicPump/IGF-2/NeoVar stack and also use Napalm. If I need more help later in cutting I'll run a DCP/Leviathan Reloaded/Napalm stack to tighten up, and lose some fat.
I'd suggest running a similar stack if you want help with those kind of results too. Sorry for posting some of my goals in your thread, I was just trying to help clarify that looking into those supplements is what I would recommend to you for the results you want, of course with hard work, and a good diet.
03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
AK32408 - Thanks a lot! And thanks for sharing the goals too - they are similar to my own!
Last edited by psaop; 03-13-2008 at 01:15 AM. Reason: typo
03-13-2008, 02:45 AM
~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
- Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )
- Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr
- Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr
- Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.
- Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.
- Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )
- Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
- Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.
- Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze
- Leg press
- Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.
- Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!
Here's some links to get you started:
HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training
Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version
Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet
The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums
Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
03-13-2008, 10:58 AM
03-13-2008, 11:49 AM
03-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By J_MAN in forum AnabolicsReplies: 31Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
- By Warrior in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 08-25-2006, 03:01 PM
- By travbedaman in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-04-2006, 07:05 PM
- By kasket in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:30 PM
- By BackHand in forum SupplementsReplies: 21Last Post: 02-18-2005, 03:18 AM