Norwegian's Pre-contest Prep w/IntraStack [sponsored] - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Norwegian's Pre-contest Prep w/IntraStack [sponsored]

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Answers

Did my second cardio session for the day at 8.30PM.

Treadmill; 55 minutes; 2-3 degree incline; 3-4mph

I'm SORE AS HELL ! I didn't stretch at all after last night's 5-mile run, and I did some brutal stairmasters earlier today. Tomorrow I'll be doing a full-body depletion. I won't be splitting up my upper and lower body anymore.

Here's my new setup:

Monday: Full-body depletion + 2 cardio sessions + abs/calves
    Tuesday: Full-body depletion + 2 cardio sessions
    Wednesday: 2 cardio sessions + abs/calves
    Thursday: Full-body workout - medium rep range + 1 cardio session
    Friday: OFF - CARBS !!
    Saturday: Low-rep Full-body workout + abs/calves, + 1 cardio session
    Sunday: 1 cardio-session

Argh, grueling amount of cardio !

2. Senior Member
    Answers

You sure 2 full body workouts a week is enough to force your body to hold onto that muscle??

3. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    You sure 2 full body workouts a week is enough to force your body to hold onto that muscle??
    Well, in essence, I'm doing four full-body workout. Monday and through Wednesday are coupled with lots of cardio alongside two full body DEPLETION workouts. I'll be flat as hell by Thursday, then 'endulge' in 20-30 grams carbs prior to Thursday's medium-rep range FULL--body workout, then carb-load for 30 hours on Friday with NO cardio or working out, and one final full body low-rep work out on Saturday.

Like I said before, I'm having to adjust the cardio as I go along. Mainly because I'm trying to get in to contest shape for the first time, and I was severely limited on time. By my current calculations, I doubt I'd be ready for my week leading up to the show by April 19th, so I'm currently uncertain of whether or not to do the competition on the 26th. I hate the uncertainty ..

Anyway . . .

Day 15:

Cardio #1:

9AM - 45 minutes of Stationary Bike - level 5-6 - 90-100rpm - 11 miles

Finally began my EARLY morning workout, as opposed to early afternoon workout upon waking up around noon or 1PM ! Will continue an early AM Cardio session every day this week, and I'm hoping it'll help trim me up real nice quickly.

Weight - 231.8 lbs !!! (I began carb-depletion on Saturday night ..) Monday of last week, I was at 240.8 lbs !!

•   

4. Senior Member
    Answers

That's what I get for posting at 8 in the morning haha, I really have no idea how I missed those other 2 full-body workouts listed.

Anyways, maybe theres a contest another 4-6 weeks after the one you had planned on doing??

P.S.- I was thinking of doing some cardio today, but I decided that you do enough for both of us

5. Banned
    Answers

That's what I get for posting at 8 in the morning haha, I really have no idea how I missed those other 2 full-body workouts listed.

Anyways, maybe theres a contest another 4-6 weeks after the one you had planned on doing??

P.S.- I was thinking of doing some cardio today, but I decided that you do enough for both of us
    Hahaha, I'll make sure to do some Stairmasters for ya tonight !

And yes, there is as a matter of fact a contest coming up early June in Plano, Texas. I honestly would feel much more confident about doing that one, as it's my first bb show to begin with. I don't want to half-ass it -> not that I am by any means half-assing ANYTHING at the moment, but I'd want to be a couple steps ahead of where I'm at now 6 weeks prior. I just think that giving it those additional weeks will make it ALOT easier to make to last-minute improvements on weak spots and the likes. I want to be 'fat-free', man, and with my current workout regime, diet and devotion, I think I could be where I want to be early June, but not late April.

I'm just thinking. It's my first bb show. I want it to mean something. And once I do a couple shows, I'll obviously know the 'flow' of pre-contest dieting and I'll know where I ought to be at at so-and-so said weeks out, so I don't want to risk ruining my first experience on stage by not looking too impressive. If I do the early June show, I will also have one whole month out of school before it - as my semester is over early May - and I think that'd work out easier on so many levels, including being under much less stress.

I'm still pondering on this one ..

Anyway, got to hit that Full-body workout now, then cardio. Something tells me I've got 2 hours coming up ahead right about now. But no worries, I'll get some cardio in for ya ! haha ..

6. Senior Member
    Answers

Lol I appreciate it, and I think the later contest would be the better option. Not that you can't scramble and get in good shape for the earlier, I jsut think you'll be more comfortable and confident going into the second one which is two huge aspects of competing imo.

7. Banned
    Answers

Agreed ! Two VERY important aspects !

Now for today's workout..

Day 15: Full-body Depletion

Front Pulldowns - 100 * 20, 160 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Icarian Incline Rows - 80 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Pec-dec Flyes - 100 * 25, 150 * 20, 170 * 20, 190 * 20
    Hammer Bench Press - 140 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Seated Side Laterals - 25 * 15 reps * 4 sets

Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 20 reps * 3 sets

Rope Pressdowns - 40 * 25, 60 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    superset with
    Rope Hammer Curls - 100 * 20, 120 * 15, 120 * 15
    Machine Dips - 150 * 20, 200 * 20, 270 * 20
    superset with
    One-arm Machine Preacher Curls - 45 * 15 reps * 3 sets

Hack Squats - 180 * 20, 230 * 20 reps * 3 sets
    Seated Leg Curls - 255 * 20, 270 * 15, 270 * 15, 270 * 15 reps

Cardio:
    40 minutes on Stationary Bike; level 6; 100 rpm

IntraStack:

Strength -> 4/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 5/5
    Energy/Focus -> 5/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 4/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 5/5

Notes:
    I took three caps of AMP two hours prior to working out because I was crashing mid-afternoon. I started sweating within the hour, and warmed up real nicely. Also got my focus up, and allowed me to hit the books with great concentration. I took 3 caps IXL 20 minutes prior to hitting the gym,

It was an awesome workout, and my intensity and endurance levels were above and beyond what they were last semester running the U.D 2.0. Back then I wasn't able to do cardio immidiately after, because my full body workouts would drain me and make me unable to do much but lay down upon completion. It's awesome to have the endurance and stamina I've got nowadays. My drive is great, focus in the gym is on nothing but the weights, the reps and the feel of the muscles. No talking, no socializing. No bull****. I sweated like a crazy person while working out, more than ever before - so I'm partially blaming the AMP obviously. Had some decent vascularity going down my arms, and a pump in every muscle worked. I was impressed with my hack squats - it almost felt light, but the burn was just unreal. My mind-muscle connection has become much greater just the past couple months, and my legs are just pumping/repping out rep by rep by rep with perfect form [not to sound cocky].

I had no problem getting on the Stationary Bike as this mornings 45-minute session seemed to have loosened up my legs considerably from all the running over the past couple days. I forgot to mention that I brought my second dosage of 3 capsules of IXL with me to the gym, and I took those 3/4 through the way of my workout, so after about 5 minutes on the bike, I felt almost like a natural surge of energy.. Not so much energy though, my legs just started taking off by themselves, and I ended up with a more impressive cardio-session that it was this morning. I sweated BALLS on that bike ! After I finished, I got up from the back-supported seat and it was literally dripping drops of sweat off of the bike ! THERE WAS A PUDDLE OF SWEAT 4x4 INCHES underneath my bike, from my thighs and lower back sweating ! Haha, it was pretty nasty ..

Weighed in @ 232 lbs.

That's it for today. Now I got to sit down and pick out other exercises to use for my second Full-Body Depletion workout coming up tomorrow!

8. Banned
    Answers

Oh yeah.. I'm pretty used to dieting, so eating chicken and green beans all day isn't much of a problem. Also use eggs every once in a while. Whenever I got a sweet tooth, I'll throw some protein powder in a huge jug of PB and dip the tip of a fork in PB and vanilla protein powder. It's SWEET !!

9. Banned
    Answers

Day 16:

Cardio #1: AM

40 minutes Stationary bike; level 5-6; 95-100 rpm; 10.5 miles

Weight - 230.8 lbs.

10. Senior Member
    Answers

...I'm starting to think we should hire some sort of training paramedic to follow you around

Really looks like this stack seems to be coming through for you man, I'm glad you can follow through with cardio, and all of your other plans this time around as opposed to last.

Did you read my other post about the competitions? Any decisions yet?

11. Banned
    Answers

...I'm starting to think we should hire some sort of training paramedic to follow you around

Really looks like this stack seems to be coming through for you man, I'm glad you can follow through with cardio, and all of your other plans this time around as opposed to last.

Did you read my other post about the competitions? Any decisions yet?
    Yeah man, now that I'm choking down 3 caps IXL half-way through my workouts, cardio immidiately following my workouts are a breeze.

I've decided to register for my NPC card, then register for the June 7th NPC Lone Star Classic in Plano, Texas. I hate having to bail on the Texas Shredder, but it's just too soon !

12. Banned
    Answers

Day 16: Full-body Depletion (50-60 seconds between sets)

I took another four AMP caps in the afternoon as I was beginning to feel tired. Four caps energizes me within an hour, and I warm up from the inside out. Three hours after I took my AMP caps I hit the gym, taking my normal IXL pre-workout.

Curl-grip Pulldowns - 140 * 20, 160 * 15, 160 * 15, 140 * 15
    Hammer Iso-row - 160 * 15 reps * 4 sets
    Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 40 * 20, 50 * 15, 50 * 15, 50 * 15, 60 * 15 reps
    Seated Side Laterals (slight forward bend) - 25 * 20, 25 * 20, 25 * 15, 25 * 15 reps
    Incline Machine Press - 120 * 15, 130 * 15, 130 * 15
    Front Rope Raises - 60 * 20 reps * 3 sets

Front Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 20, 150 * 15, 150 * 15

Leg Press - 360 * 20, 450 *15, 540 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Standing One-legged Hamstring-curls - 50 * 15 reps * 4 sets

V-grip Pressdowns - 80 * 15, 90 * 15, 90 * 15
    Rope Pressdowns - 100 * 15 reps * 3 sets

Machine Uni-arm Curls - 90 * 20, 110 * 15, 100 * 15, 90 * 15
    Standing One-arm Cable Curls - 20 * 15, 17.5 * 15, 15 * 15

Cardio:

30 minutes of HIGH intensity on the Stationary bike; level 5-6. The Intra-workout serving of IXL kicked in after 5 minutes, and my legs automatically began cycling faster and faster without increasing lactic acid or tiring out.

IntraStack:

Strength -> 4/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 5/5
    Energy/Focus -> 5/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 4/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 4/5

Notes:
    - great workout, great endurance, great focus, and cardio was a breeeeeeze; I increased the intensity dramatically, and the BA kept me pushing it hardcore for 30 minutes straight, increasing both level and average RPM. My heart health must be great, because regardless of how fast I'm sprinting, or if I keep sprinting for 2-3 minutes non-stop on and off, my heart rate doesn't exceed 137. And sweat was POURING ! I was wearing short shorts and tight under-armor shorts, and there was a POOL of water under my bike - it was 5 X worse than last night ! Also, I'm experiencing GREAT recovery from day to day, and little to NO soreness from workout to workout. Body's not exhausted, although I've drained myself of 12 lbs in 10 days now. I'm just feeling real good overall, health-wise, in the gym, and so on. Also looking much better dropping a lot of water. Getting better lines in on my abs and obliques. I'm nowhere NEAR where I'm gonna get to, but the fact that I'm seeing the results I'm seeing with the amount of work I'm doing, and I'm not suffering from the diet nor the cardio, so I'm ready for some serious results coming up. I've got Leviathan Reloaded coming in, and I'm stoked about trying that out.

Weighed in @ 228.6 lbs - lightest I've been since November ! I'm stoked !!

Side-note: got some sad news.. I've got two scoops left of IntraBolic. I've never ONCE used more than a flat scoop, so I'm sorry to say it must have been short a couple servings .. I began using this product on Day 1 of this log, and I have not worked out on 16 out of 16 days to put it that way. I will have enough to complete this weeks workouts; one Thursday and one on Saturday, but beyond that I will only be able to continue the IXL.

13. Senior Member
    Answers

Damn, this stacks goin so good for you...that's a little weird it's coming up short. You take two servings one day or something??

I'm going to be doin 2bottles of Levi Reloaded too, so I'll follow you along see how it goes

Good luck with your NPC card man.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  209 lbs.
    Answers

I have been following your log Norwegian and just wanted to say mad props to u. Looking ripped. Best of luck.

15. Banned
    Answers

Damn, this stacks goin so good for you...that's a little weird it's coming up short. You take two servings one day or something??

I'm going to be doin 2bottles of Levi Reloaded too, so I'll follow you along see how it goes

Good luck with your NPC card man.
    This stack IS indeed working for me !

And no, I never exceeded one scoop per serving, so it's a little weird. My very first workout I mixed 3/4 scoop with 3/4 gallon water, and that made me want to barf, but I kept my dosage at one level scoop.

How you planning on dosing Leviathan Reloaded ? 2 in AM and 2 in PM ? I will jump right in to two * 2 caps/day, because I tend to have a fairly high tolerance to stims. (Hence, 4 caps AMP is needed, 3 caps is cutting myself short JUST by a little bit) I will be taking Leviathan Reloaded on Saturday through Thursday , but non on Friday, as I'll be focusing on nothing but my carb-load and ALA on those days.

Are you stacking it with anything ? I'll be doing Lipid FX by Scivation alongside it, as well as one bottle of Guggulsterones [Guggulbolic Extreme) that a friend of mine was kind enough to give me.

Day 17:

30 minutes Stationary Bike; level 5; 95 rpm; 8 miles

16. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh11 View Post
    I have been following your log Norwegian and just wanted to say mad props to u. Looking ripped. Best of luck.
    Appreciate the kind words! Best of luck back at ya !

17. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    This stack IS indeed working for me !

And no, I never exceeded one scoop per serving, so it's a little weird. My very first workout I mixed 3/4 scoop with 3/4 gallon water, and that made me want to barf, but I kept my dosage at one level scoop.

How you planning on dosing Leviathan Reloaded ? 2 in AM and 2 in PM ? I will jump right in to two * 2 caps/day, because I tend to have a fairly high tolerance to stims. (Hence, 4 caps AMP is needed, 3 caps is cutting myself short JUST by a little bit) I will be taking Leviathan Reloaded on Saturday through Thursday , but non on Friday, as I'll be focusing on nothing but my carb-load and ALA on those days.

Are you stacking it with anything ? I'll be doing Lipid FX by Scivation alongside it, as well as one bottle of Guggulsterones [Guggulbolic Extreme) that a friend of mine was kind enough to give me.

Day 17:

30 minutes Stationary Bike; level 5; 95 rpm; 8 miles
    What I stack it with is sort of up in the air right now. I'm going to be finishing my 4 month bulk at the end of May, and then cutting down for 2 months. I tend to bulk up really cleanly, and cut down too fast, so my main concern on my cut will be muscle retention. Not sure what I should throw in with LR yet to help with that. I was thinking maybe something like RPM/Drive.

18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Thats some great dedication to your cardio. Keep it up.

Calling someone a cardio beast just doesn't have the same ring to it
    NSCA - CSCS

19. Banned
    Answers

Day 17:

Abs:

Non-stop tri-set rotation:
    Jack-knives - 15 reps * 3 sets
    Bicycle Crunches - 20 reps each side * 3 sets
    Crunches - 20 reps * 3 sets

Machine Crunches - 30, 50, 50 reps
    Rope Crunches - 150 * 50 reps * 3 sets

Machine Calf Raises - 150 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Donkey Calf Raises - 240 * 15, 240 * 20, 240 * 20
    Standing Machine Calf Raises - 225 * 20, 225 * 20, 225 * 20

Cardio:

40 minutes on StairMaster - the Gauntlet; level 8

- another long sweaty session of abs, calves and cardio, what more can I say ?

Weighed in @ 227.4 lbs.

- and yes, I'm looking very flat at the moment. My arms look like toothpicks .. haha. Only a couple more hours till carb-loading time !

20. Banned
    Answers

Adding the following supplements starting tomorrow;

* Leviathan Reloaded @ 2 * 2 caps/day
    * Lipid FX @ 2 * 2 caps/day
    * Guggulbolic @ 3 * 2 caps/day

I'm still considering logging ..

21. Senior Member
    Answers

Adding the following supplements starting tomorrow;

* Leviathan Reloaded @ 2 * 2 caps/day
    * Lipid FX @ 2 * 2 caps/day
    * Guggulbolic @ 3 * 2 caps/day

I'm still considering logging ..
    Time to really kick fatloss into drive...any intentions of maybe a final review?

22. Banned
    Answers

Will do for sure !

I've got just enough IntraBolic for the remaining two workouts of the week. Beyond that, I've got IXL solo on the side of my fat burning stack. I'll post a final review on Sunday of the stack.

And yes, it's time to get shredded !

23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

What I stack it with is sort of up in the air right now. I'm going to be finishing my 4 month bulk at the end of May, and then cutting down for 2 months. I tend to bulk up really cleanly, and cut down too fast, so my main concern on my cut will be muscle retention. Not sure what I should throw in with LR yet to help with that. I was thinking maybe something like RPM/Drive.
    DCP and LR would be saaweeet.

24. Banned
    Answers

Day 18:

Cardio: AM (and final cardio session untill saturday evening)

30 minutes on Treadmill @ 6mph

Weighed in @ 226.8 lbs ! (Lowest I've been since OCTOBER '07!!)

I want to log my cutting stack, but I don't think I will start logging until Monday. I may throw a little surprise in there, so I guess I'm still may make adjustments to my upcoming stack..

I took 2 caps Leviathan Reloaded @ 7AM, and hit the treadmill @ 8.10AM, and within a couple minutes of running @ 6mph, I felt a nice fire burning inside. I love that burning feeling in your stomach, that's when you know the thermo is doing its work !

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Your log makes me want to cry inside. Sick routine you've got going man. Dedicated.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

26. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Your log makes me want to cry inside. Sick routine you've got going man. Dedicated.
    Haha, very much appreciated, man !

So I took my second Leviathan dosage @ 1.30PM today, and about 30-45 minutes ago I began crashing .. Comparing it to AMP in terms of crashing -> the past week when I've taken AMP a couple times, not ONCE did I crash, it was just a long, smooth ride of clean energy that kept you awake.

I like the initial effects of Leviathan Reloaded, by all means, but like I said, after a little over 4 hours I crashed, and my eyes are hurting at the moment. It better not affect my working out, cus that's gonna get me ticked off !!

Well, I had my first combined 25 grams of carbs @ 5PM from a TriOPlex bar, and now I'm about to take off for the gym. I had another sample packet of GreenMag laying around, and I just choked that down with 25 grams of WMS. I better wake up more than I am at the moment, cus this SUCKS !

[I mean CRASH as in the past 45 minutes I've been wanting to lay down and close my eyes ..]

27. Banned
    Answers

Day 18: Full-body Workout (80-90 seconds between sets)

- according to the U.D 2.0 program, today's workout was to be no more than 20 sets total for the whole body. I may have gone beyond that . . . . .

Behind-neck Military Press - (135 * 15), 185 * 9 reps * 3 sets, 185 * 6
    Seated Side Laterals - (30 * 20), 40 * 15, 50 * 10, 50 * 10
    Incline Dumbbell Press (75 * 15), 85 * 12, 95 * 10, 95 * 8
    Pec-dec Flyes - 190 * 10, 190 * 12, 190 * 11, 190 * 11
    Wide-grip Pulldowns - 200 * 15, 220 * 12, 240 * 10, 260 * 8
    Seated Cable Rows - 200 * 15, 220 * 12, 240 * 12, 260 * 10

Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 12, 125 * 12, 125 * 12

Hack Squats - (180 * 15), 360 * 12, 450 * 6, 405 * 10, 405 * 10
    Laying Leg Curls - (100 * 20), 150 * 15, 180 * 12, 200 * 12

EZ-bar Pressdowns (on double pulley) - 100 * 20, 150 * 20, 180 * 15, 200 * 15
    One-arm Machine Preacher Curls - 45 * 15, 50 * 15, 55 * 12, 60 * 12

...... the end .. I don't even want to count sets, but I did realize half way through what retarded amount of sets I did total.

IntraStack:

Strength -> 4/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 5/5
    Energy/Focus -> 3/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 3/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 4/5

Notes:
    - although a decent workout, I didn't get much of a pump. I mean, this workout is the worst one of the week -> I've been on NO carbs since Saturday evening, I've had nine (9) grueling cardio sessions, two full body depletion workouts .. No wonder I had a so-so workout. But I also got to take into consideration that I was crashing from the Leviathan for the full hour prior to my work out. Normally, I'll be sitting there antzy as hell for the hour leading up to my work out just wanting to get off to the gym. Today, I sat at my place for an hour trying to wake up.

Anyway.. I got an energy spurt when I hit them legs, and I did some sick ass hack squats. I've never gone beyond 5 plates/side ever, and last time I did them with 450 they felt a lot heavier. But like I mentioned before, leg movements just feel 'natural' and I've really got the groove in. My breathing, my pace, and deeeeeep reps.. But with no more than a minute and a half between sets, I was STOKED ! I did ONE warm-up set of 180 and I was like, **** this, I'm gonna double that, although prior to starting my workout, I actually wrote down and noted that I considered no more than 325lbs for each set. Haha, I blasted the HELL outta my initial thoughts on the work out, that's for sure !

I won't be too bitter.. Now I've got to go enjoy my carbs

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

Hey I was wondering where I could find some information on the UD 2.0 program ?

I thought that I was the only one who was into high volume, but your training is pretty similar.

I have a tough time doing full body workouts. At best I can do 2 muscle groups strong each day. Sometimes I just go after 1 muscle really hard then toss in cardio. If I try to do more than that, I'm not hitting the additional muscles as hard as I could due to fatigue.

29. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Hey I was wondering where I could find some information on the UD 2.0 program ?

I thought that I was the only one who was into high volume, but your training is pretty similar.

I have a tough time doing full body workouts. At best I can do 2 muscle groups strong each day. Sometimes I just go after 1 muscle really hard then toss in cardio. If I try to do more than that, I'm not hitting the additional muscles as hard as I could due to fatigue.
    Sent you a PM.

30. Banned
    Answers

So, I'm MISERABLE not working out today ! I've got so much energy and I'm urging to go to the gym. I'm not sore, I'm antzy, I need this carb load to be over -> I feel guilty eating ANY carbs, regardless, and here I am choking down 1,500 grams worth in a day's work ! I need saturday to come, and I need to get to that gym ! I'm was considering running or something, because the weather's perfect and I just feel like it.. **** it, i've got a lot of energy, I've got to do something !

31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

So, I'm MISERABLE not working out today ! I've got so much energy and I'm urging to go to the gym. I'm not sore, I'm antzy, I need this carb load to be over -> I feel guilty eating ANY carbs, regardless, and here I am choking down 1,500 grams worth in a day's work ! I need saturday to come, and I need to get to that gym ! I'm was considering running or something, because the weather's perfect and I just feel like it.. **** it, i've got a lot of energy, I've got to do something !
    Dang, reading this just made ME antzy for the gym
    NSCA - CSCS

32. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Dang, reading this just made ME antzy for the gym
    Lol, I got going the second I made that post. Got about 90 degrees in this nice Texas heat - warmest day so far this year ? - so I took off. Ran a two mile run in under 18 minutes outside on concrete and side walk -> I got a feeling my calves/ankles won't appreciate the no-warm-up later on ! haha. . It was nice, though !

Now I'm sitting here over my laptop, got sweat dripping from my fingers and every other part of my body as I'm typing this. I keep slipping off the bowl cus my ass and thighs are drenched with sweat.. Umm, too much info ?! haha ..

I'd almost call that run a HIT-cardio session, just GO without hesitation, and go hard ! Had music in my ears cus it ALWAYS gives me a boost when the chorus of a good song comes, or when the build up of a trance/techno anthem is over, and the real banging starts.. That happened the second I got out of the gate of my apt complex, so before I knew it, I was 500 meters up the road. Lol..

Anyway, I'm enjoying this, I needed that ! Now I've got to get cookin' !

Enjoy your work out, Volcom ! LOL

33. Banned
    Answers

Day 20: FULL BODY WORKOUT (low reps, 90-120 seconds between sets)

Before I start jotting down my numbers, I just want to say .. I DARE ANYONE TO COME JOIN ME ON NEXT SATURDAY'S FULL BODY WORKOUT !!!!

Deadlifts (raw, no straps) - (225 * 8, 315 * 6) 405 * 6, 455 * 2 (lost grip), 455 * 4, 455 * 3

Incline Hammer Press - (270 * 6), 360 * 4, 360 * 4, 360 * 3

Seated Dumbbell Press - (80 * 10) 90 * 8, 100 * 4, 90 * 6

Wide-grip Hammer Pulldowns (180 * 10) 270 * 6, 225 * 5, 225 * 6
    superset with
    Straight-bar Pressdowns - (100 * 20) 140 * 15, 160 * 12, 150 * 12

Flat Dumbbell Press - 100 * 7, 100 * 6, 100 * 6

Seated Side Laterals - (30 * 15) 45 * 8, 45 * 8
    superset with
    Dumbbell Curls - (25 * 15) 40 * 10, 45 * 10

Barbell Shrugs - 225 * 20, 315 * 15, 365 * 12, 365 * 12

Hack Squats - (180 * 10) 360 * 12, 450 * 6, 500 * 2, 475 * 4, 450 * 6 -> DROP 270 * 10

Weight - 230.0 lbs.

IntraStack:

Strength -> 5/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 5/5
    Energy/Focus -> 5/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 5/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 5/5

Notes:
    - I don't know how, but I managed to forget the IXL both pre- and during workout ! I must've been too anxious to just get out of the door and hit the gym.. I did, however, mix one sample packet of Green MAG with 50g of WMS 30-40 minutes prior to workout.

Today's workout was like nothing I've ever performed before, nor ever seen anyone do. I felt on top of the world this workout ! The IntraStack is superior when it comes to recovering in between workouts, as well as in between sets and exercises. I felt NO soreness in my body prior to starting, and that's just unheard of after this whole past week's worth of working out and cardio, as well as my work out on Thursday !

It's my first time doing deadlifts since .. hmm, let me think .. Beginning of last semester ! My first set with 405 was LIGHT, and it just didn't make sense. I've never before repped out 405 like I did today (my previous Page Ranking with 405 was 2 reps, and my deadlift Page Ranking is 500 * 1 from a couple years back). I felt like I could've gone for 8-10 reps with 405, but the fact that they felt as light as they did, and that my grip was as strong as it was just made me throw it down and slab on two additional 25 lbs plates instead. I ****ed up on the first set by gripping the bar with my hands too far apart, so after the first rep, I thought I was going to have to let it go, but I forced up a second one before realizing that going for a 3rd would be pointless as my grip was loosing up. I used a closer grip the next two sets, and this time around got 455 * 4 and 455 * 3, which really impressed me -> never repped that before either ! EVER ! SO, needless to say, with my music blasting and the pump arising in my whole body I was in the ZONE. Always look down, always psych myself up before every set, wait for the chorus before I hit my set to get that added little boost (in which I swear by!), gave a couple thoughts back on my ex-gf and I was ready for WAR !!!! Next was Incline Hammer Press, and like I mentioned, my ex came to mind, and it got me raging. I was sitting there with my legs shaking/jumping, waiting for the chorus, envisioned a couple situations with the ex (still a sore subject ya see) and I raised the bar on myself BIIIIG time ! It was awesome; when I began the incline Hammer, it was empty, with no plates on it. This machine is pretty much right in front of 50 cardio machines, right, so i've got people looking. I walk over to the weight-rack, pick up a 45 lbs plate in each hand and slab em on the machine. Do my set, fetch two more .. then two more .. I'm beginning to sense people looking over more .. then I needed by final two plates for a total of 4 plates side, THAT'S when they were glaring, hahahaha .. Grunted like a mad-man when hoisting up that first rep on each set (on days like these I DO tend to have some loud sounds on the 'positive' part of several movements - particularly the first rep .. Ya'll know what I'm saying, lol..). I haven't done that kind of weight on there since back in November !

Next was a shoulder exercise.. I figured, why not do them 'bells, although in the past I would've chosen to go for a machine of some sort since (normally) my shoulders would fatigue quickly after doing heavy presses like the inline Hammers prior. But ****, I had to take advantage of my anabolic state. Got 80 for an easy 10 perfect reps, had veins bulging out of my triceps and biceps, and had some real nice definition in the bi/tri/shoulder area. 90s went up 8 times, but the first rep with 90s took a little out of me, cus I don't use a spotter to get them up. Since I got 8, I KNEW I had to increase the weights to get in the [today's suggested] 3-6 rep range. Got the 100s, and sat down with them resting on my thighs. I wasn't gonna drop the weights and get someone, so I nodded at this little guy behind me - 5'7" 140ish - LOL [not laughing at the size, i'm laughing at my choice of helper]. He wasn't but 16 years old probably .. Anyway, I tell him, push under my elbows on my first rep, cus I just need help getting them up ! He just looks at me in fright and nods hesitantly before reassuring himself where to press. I got my headphones back on, and pitched up the left on to shoulder left and in a fluid motion the right followed. THE KID DID NOT DO MUCH GOOD ! hahah .. As I pressed up the first rep I kept thinking, 'am I even getting this mother$$$$er up ?!' I see the look on his face in the mirror as he's 'curling 200 lbs for the first time in his life - lol' and I got them fully extended. I got comfortable in my seat, and got to my pressing, and I saw the kid in the mirror just stand there looking at me pressing from behind with his eyes wide open with the typical 'WTF-look'. PRICELESS !

Did another round of some upper body work, then standing barbell shrugs. Got a HELLACIOUS pump, and my traps were looked great from the side as well as the front. But I just want to get to my Hacks. I slabbed on 180 lbs and man, as I was warming up, I kept envisioning not going beyond 4 plates per side today, and disappoint myself as those who read my log. **** that. I slabbed on 2 more plates per side - totaling 4 plates/side - and got 12 deep reps. Hacks are my ultimate favorite leg exercise, because I'm not risking my back in the movement. Both leg presses and squats put too much pressure on my lower back for it to be real comfortable for me to go heavy on them, which is why hacks are ideal. 450 went for 6 deep reps, and I knew I had to get ANOTHER Page Ranking today. I envisioned 6 plates for a split second, but that's too big of a jump since I've never gone up to even 500 lbs before, so I thought it safer to go with a quarter per side. Definitely a little disappointing to only get 6 reps, but they were deep, so I knew they were good. I was definitely a little louder than usual over in my leg corner, and when I noticed people looking at me, it ALWAYS give me an additional boost because now, in a sense I've got an audience, and who doesn't want to impress them ?! HAHA.. 475 went for 4 reps which impressed me, and I did an additional drop set of 270 * 10 SLOW ROCK BOTTOM reps with feel together after my last set of 450 for 6 reps. I walked around with my shorts rolled up my thighs the whole workout, and knew I had the mighties quads up there - LOL -> perhaps not biggest, but noone @ my bodyfat level nor height from my gym can compare, and knowing this PUTS ME ON TOP OF THE WORLD !!

If you're still reading, damn, that's pretty cool to know, but if not, I understand ya'll bailing on this rant .. lol .. But with the (most likely) BEST workout of my life, I needed to add some detail so that I won't soon forget what I did today ! This is one for [my] history books !

34. Banned
    Answers

Just came back from a 30 minute run outside in this awesome Texas weather. Got one helluva sweat going, that's for sure ! I've got **** I'm figuring out nowadays .. I may need another run tonight, we'll see ..

35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

nice work with the Deads!!! Especially after such a long break, wow....

I'm jealeous about your sweet running weather
    NSCA - CSCS

36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Awsome lift today Quadzilla! I'll take your dare, but I'm no where near Texas bro. Not saying how well I'd do, just saying I'd do it. That would have been great to see that little kid sh!t a brick. Hammer strength's are fun. I'll vouch for the looks you get throwing 8 plates, and it definately makes you work harder...you are putting on a show after all.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

37. Banned
    Answers

Day 21:

I'm sore .. HOLY $hit, I am sore ! My back, from top to bottom, calves are aching from every step i take from running last night, and I'm just overall feeling like I got run over by a steam engine. Funny thing is, I am the steam engine. I did it all to myself ! LOL ..

Now, I'm sitting here pondering; where was this pain last Sunday, following last low-rep full body workout ? Hmm, it only goes to prove how I went above and beyond in yesterday's workout. Ahh, it's a good feeling !

I just popped 3 caps Leviathan Reloaded on an empty stomach, and about to have a morning shake with the rest of my vitamins. 2 caps LR did the trick the first three dosages, but beyond that, 2 caps didn't even wake me up !! I got to say, I'ma be PI$$ED OFF if I'm having to run LR @ 3 caps * twice daily, because that's NOT worth the $ right there. Running out of my fat burner every 15 days ? I think NOT ! I don't want to jump to any rash conclusions, but $HIT, there's never been a thermo/energy supplement I've tried thus far that required me to bump the dosage within no more than 2 days ! Like I said, I hope this isn't something that's gonna keep up .. If so, I'm gonna flame this product like no other, and I'm gonna let everyone know, because god dammit, I'm in my pre-contest stage, and this is what 9/10 people recommended on AM board as well as bb.com boards, and some other personal messages to people on the boards here. I needed an efficient product that'll do it's job, but I won't be patient enough to even let the product do it's thing if i'm having to being running it @ 6 caps/day.

[I don't think I woke up in a bad mood today, but seriously, who doesn't get pi$$ed off when they throw down lots of $ for supplements that just don't work for them ? I'm tired of being a non-responder, dammit !]

38. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Awsome lift today Quadzilla! I'll take your dare, but I'm no where near Texas bro. Not saying how well I'd do, just saying I'd do it. That would have been great to see that little kid sh!t a brick. Hammer strength's are fun. I'll vouch for the looks you get throwing 8 plates, and it definately makes you work harder...you are putting on a show after all.
    And bro, any time man .. haha, good to hear you're up for the challenge, I will keep you posted ! LOL.

39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry to hear about the thermo troubles man.
    WHITE WHALE!

40. Banned
    Answers

It's been over an hour and a half since I took my 3 caps, and I'd be expecting a burning feeling inside, as well as that of no drowsiness. 3 caps failed to initiate either. And quite frankly, I'm pissed off ! That's some REAL legit BS, right there !! [the fact that **** has happened .. and perhaps even the product ? No, I won't go there yet, but it's a product that is pissing me off at the moment !!]

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
  2. CEL"S PCT is Helping Me For Contest Prep (Sponsored)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
  3. Replies: 385
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
  4. Matt's MST-Sponsored Contest Prep
    By MB28 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM
  5. AEN's IntrAstack VS Sapper564 The Rematch!!!(sponsored)
    By Sapper564 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 11:07 PM