Norwegian's Pre-contest Prep w/IntraStack [sponsored]

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

1. Another insane workout, sounds pretty similar to how my night went.

One note, you can take out one of the doses of IXL on workout days if you like. Between 1serving of IA and 1/2 serving of IXL your daily dose of BA is sufficient. Unless you want to use that as a sort of loading phase.

I'm really impressed with everything, and I've been wondering whats with the insane, borderline mentally, high volume?? Do you just feel you respond better?

2. Hmm.. So what exactly is the purpose of the POST-work out dosage ? For lactic acid and recovery purposes ? I have not yet gotten the tingles from my post-workout dosage, so I guess 2 grams isn't an 'obscene' dosage for me ..

Tomorrow, I may try out all six caps prior to working out - two full dosages. It depends on how I feel as far as soreness and energy, but with 40-50 grams of carbs per day and the amount of cardio I do, I've got a feeling I'll be craving 6 caps ! LOL .. What do ya think DaveGabe24 ?

And what's with my workouts ? Haha, depleting glycogen storages prior to my weekend carb-load. It's an edited version of the Ultimate Diet 2.0 diet AND training program. It yielded great fat-loss results for me last semester when I ran it for 5 weeks, and I preserved most muscle and strength.

****in a, the workouts are painfully long and tedious, but few things feel better than to lay down on the floor with your head spinning after completing a solid workout ! haha ..
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Hmm.. So what exactly is the purpose of the POST-work out dosage ? For lactic acid and recovery purposes ? I have not yet gotten the tingles from my post-workout dosage, so I guess 2 grams isn't an 'obscene' dosage for me ..

Tomorrow, I may try out all six caps prior to working out - two full dosages. It depends on how I feel as far as soreness and energy, but with 40-50 grams of carbs per day and the amount of cardio I do, I've got a feeling I'll be craving 6 caps ! LOL .. What do ya think DaveGabe24 ?

And what's with my workouts ? Haha, depleting glycogen storages prior to my weekend carb-load. It's an edited version of the Ultimate Diet 2.0 diet AND training program. It yielded great fat-loss results for me last semester when I ran it for 5 weeks, and I preserved most muscle and strength.

****in a, the workouts are painfully long and tedious, but few things feel better than to lay down on the floor with your head spinning after completing a solid workout ! haha ..
    Haha I hear ya on the semi-dying feeling post-workout.

I'm more of a heavy weights, 5-8 reps kinda guy, mostly due to me on a never-ending bulk lol. Obviously you know your stuff, and seems like it's doing a damn good job for you.

As far as the doses go, the idea is that because of the body's state of depletion post-workout it may help with the absorption. Obviously there will be a bit of a remaining pump, which means increased blow flow, driving beta-alanine into the worked muscles.

I just wanted to point out that a full dose of IXL is not necessary on workout days. Many studies have shown that a dose in the 4-5 gram range provided the same benefits as those around 6.4 grams. So we usually recommend something like this:

Workout Days - 1serving IA + 1 serving IXL (pre or post)

Nonworkout Days - 2 servings IXL, can be taken with carbs to help blunt the tingling sensations. Although from the looks of things the silly amounts of carbs you take in may not doing anything

Hope this addressed most of your questions, keep up the good work, and feel free to keep the questions coming. Things are looking great in here!

4. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Haha I hear ya on the semi-dying feeling post-workout.

I'm more of a heavy weights, 5-8 reps kinda guy, mostly due to me on a never-ending bulk lol. Obviously you know your stuff, and seems like it's doing a damn good job for you.

As far as the doses go, the idea is that because of the body's state of depletion post-workout it may help with the absorption. Obviously there will be a bit of a remaining pump, which means increased blow flow, driving beta-alanine into the worked muscles.

I just wanted to point out that a full dose of IXL is not necessary on workout days. Many studies have shown that a dose in the 4-5 gram range provided the same benefits as those around 6.4 grams. So we usually recommend something like this:

Workout Days - 1serving IA + 1 serving IXL (pre or post)

Nonworkout Days - 2 servings IXL, can be taken with carbs to help blunt the tingling sensations. Although from the looks of things the silly amounts of carbs you take in may not doing anything

Hope this addressed most of your questions, keep up the good work, and feel free to keep the questions coming. Things are looking great in here!
    I LOVE doing that rep range - 5-8 reps - but I find it easier to cut with lots of reps and sets. I could've tried out a 'classic' pre-contest prep where I do reduced carb and still work each body part ONCE per week - only changing up the rep scheme from exercise to exercise, but I'm sort of in a rut with time, and I find this method to yield the best gains/losses [whichever way you want to put it] in the shortest amount of time.

The reason for why I will continue using a whole scoop of IntraBolic is because of the BCAAs, and mainly the high leucine content. I loved upping the Xtend dosage when I was using that . . .

Like I mentioned, I do not feel a tingling effect from my post-workout dosage, however, after completing my workout, my vascularity - mainly on my upper arms/biceps/calves/quads - is pretty freaky. My calves have veins running across every direction now, and it feels HELLA good to praise my own calves for once after walking around 21 years out of my life with chicken-legs. LOL.

I could BARELY roll out of bed this morning! I had an 8am class initially, and I finished my night time protein shake at 2am last night. I put on four alarms prior to that class, then another two prior to the one after it. I can't remember hearing the alarm ONCE, and instead woke up at 11.30am. Even then, I was so sore and low on energy that it took me another 15 minutes to get out of bed. I got in my morning shake just now, eliminated carbs completely today (no oats or Trioplex or anything today), and I will proceed with two more cardio sessions today.

This is the amount of cardio I will continue with, and depending on how I feel/look at the end of the week, I will adjust accordingly. Prior to even starting this diet, I was doing cardio maybe 3-4 times per week; now I've got around ten sessions per week, and I'm @ about 1000 calories less per day than prior to diet-start. Hmm, to me, this already sounds like over doing it, but I won't know untill a week has passed, now will I ?! Lol

Monday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Tuesday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Wednesday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Thurday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Friday: OFF ENTIRELY
    Saturday: 45 minutes in the PM
    Sunday: 30 minutes in AM, 30 minutes in PM (cardio and abs ONLY day)

Abs will be done 4-5 days per week (6-8 sets/workout), and calves will be done 3-4 times per week (6-8 sets/workout).

Well, I've got to prepare for the day .. at the moment, I'm considering making my first cardio-session of the day a one-hour long walk with my dog.

To be continued . .

5. Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    I LOVE doing that rep range - 5-8 reps - but I find it easier to cut with lots of reps and sets. I could've tried out a 'classic' pre-contest prep where I do reduced carb and still work each body part ONCE per week - only changing up the rep scheme from exercise to exercise, but I'm sort of in a rut with time, and I find this method to yield the best gains/losses [whichever way you want to put it] in the shortest amount of time.

The reason for why I will continue using a whole scoop of IntraBolic is because of the BCAAs, and mainly the high leucine content. I loved upping the Xtend dosage when I was using that . . .

Like I mentioned, I do not feel a tingling effect from my post-workout dosage, however, after completing my workout, my vascularity - mainly on my upper arms/biceps/calves/quads - is pretty freaky. My calves have veins running across every direction now, and it feels HELLA good to praise my own calves for once after walking around 21 years out of my life with chicken-legs. LOL.

I could BARELY roll out of bed this morning! I had an 8am class initially, and I finished my night time protein shake at 2am last night. I put on four alarms prior to that class, then another two prior to the one after it. I can't remember hearing the alarm ONCE, and instead woke up at 11.30am. Even then, I was so sore and low on energy that it took me another 15 minutes to get out of bed. I got in my morning shake just now, eliminated carbs completely today (no oats or Trioplex or anything today), and I will proceed with two more cardio sessions today.

This is the amount of cardio I will continue with, and depending on how I feel/look at the end of the week, I will adjust accordingly. Prior to even starting this diet, I was doing cardio maybe 3-4 times per week; now I've got around ten sessions per week, and I'm @ about 1000 calories less per day than prior to diet-start. Hmm, to me, this already sounds like over doing it, but I won't know untill a week has passed, now will I ?! Lol

Monday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Tuesday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Wednesday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Thurday: 30-40 minutes in AM, 20-30 minutes post-workout
    Friday: OFF ENTIRELY
    Saturday: 45 minutes in the PM
    Sunday: 30 minutes in AM, 30 minutes in PM (cardio and abs ONLY day)

Abs will be done 4-5 days per week (6-8 sets/workout), and calves will be done 3-4 times per week (6-8 sets/workout).

Well, I've got to prepare for the day .. at the moment, I'm considering making my first cardio-session of the day a one-hour long walk with my dog.

To be continued . .
    I never meant half-dose the IntrAbolic...I meant half-dose the IntraXcell ONLY on workout-days.
    •   

6. Day 3:

Had an hour long walk at noon in the Texas warmth. Definitely got my metabolism going for the day.

Upped my pre-workout dosage of IntraXCell to 6 caps, and had a flat scoop of IntraBolic in 1/2 gallon water.

Upper Body Depletion #2

Pec Dec Flyes - 120 * 20, 120 * 20, 150 * 20, 150 * 20, 150 * 20 [got a SICK pump after only two of these!]
    Incline Hammer Press - 180 * 15, 160 * 15, 140 * 15, 140 * 15 [My entire upper body was JACKED by now; pec-pump beyond belief]
    Seater Side Laterals - 22.5 * 15 reps * 4 sets [using this weight, I raise them to 45 degrees above shoulder level]
    Upright Cable Rows - 120 * 25, 140 * 15, 140 * 15, 150 * 15
    Front Pulldowns - 140 * 15, 140 * 15, 160 * 15, 160 * 15 [I LOVE high-rep sets of these; slow pulling movement with a squeeze burns like HELL]
    Padded Incline Rows - 70 * 15, 70 * 15, 70 * 15, 70 * 15
    Seated Dumbbell Shrugs - 110 * 20, 110 * 20, 110 * 20

Rope Pressdowns - 40 * 25, 50 * 15, 50 * 15, 50 * 15 [supersetted these with machine curls; HOLY SHIIIIT, I couldn't move my arms after]
    Machine Preacher Curls - 100 * 15, 90 * 15, 80 * 15
    Dumbbell Kickbacks - 25 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 25 * 15, 25 * 15, 30 * 15

Incline Situps - 25, 20, 20 reps
    Machine Crunches - 30, 30, 50 reps

Cardio:
    - 20 minutes on Stationary Bike [level 7(15)]
    - 10 minutes on Rowing machine [level 10(/10]

Weight - 236.6 lbs

I'm very happy with the 4.5 lbs loss I've had in three days. LOTS of fluids gone; my arms are tight and hard, chest and abdomen is tightening. Also, legs are taking better shape from all the time I spend on the gauntlet ->> Stairmaster. It's funny how this diet works .. I'll be depleting my body of water for 3.5 days and lose 4-6 lbs, then force-feed it with 1600 grams of carbs within a 36 hour period starting tomorrow night, and gain back most of the weight, if not all .. but still yield fat-loss within a short period of time .. I'm very excited to see where this is headed within the next couple of weeks, because I did not have this great of a drive last time around [when I ran the U.D 2.0 in September, '07] and also, last time I didn't have the stamina to do the amount of cardio in which I'm doing this time around ...

IntraStack:

Strength -> 3/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 5/5
    Energy/Focus -> 5/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 5/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 4/5

Misc./Notes:
    - I will DEFINITELY try 6 caps pre-workout tomorrow as well, just to see if that was the main reason for why today's work out was much more of a breeze than the other day. My endurance and focus was insane. Recovery between sets was good, considering I only had 45-60 seconds between sets. I tried to stay around 45-50 seconds, and that made every reps gruuueeeling from set to set ! Lactic acid everywhere ... But I got an insane pump from only a couple 'warm-up' sets of pec dec flyes, and my arms got a helluva pump from supersetting biceps and triceps. That only proves the added endurance and energy I had -- the fact that I was able to superset today. On Monday's workout, I was DEAD when I started doing arms ! Whereas today, I was ready for more !!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the continuing results and workouts I'm experiencing with this insane IntraStack !

7. Sorry to come in when your pissed lol but i can't miss this log. Best of luck man!

8. I had great endurance on the stationary bike. Went 5.5 miles in 20 minutes on level 7, staying around 90-95 rpm. Then I realized my missing cardio-factor ->> seated rowing machine. Last semester when I was dieting, I used it as one of my primary cardio-equipments, and I firmly believe it helped tone my upper body within only a short amount of time ! I went rowing for 10 minutes @ level 10(/10), and my body still wasn't exhausted ! I felt great upon completing this workout, and didn't lie down in exhaustion. My energy levels never depleted, and with the intensity I'm working out at, I'm impressed beyond belief thus far !

9. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Sorry to come in when your pissed lol but i can't miss this log. Best of luck man!
    Hahaha, I realized it was a pointless post, so I edited it instead .. Anyway, thanks for checking out my log !

10. Really sounds like you hit a goldmine man. You 2 are a match made in heaven

The way your diet + training regiment is set up it really sounds like your taking full advantage of the IntraStack.

This is where AEN putting out only solid products comes in handy, cause when products get put to the test like they are in here...true colors are revealed

11. gotta follow

12. Day 4:

Just did my first session of cardio:

- 40 minutes on Treadmill; incline 1-3 degrees; 4-5 mph

Got a real good sweat going, and burned double the amount of calories of what I've consumed thus far today. But heaven is right around the corner -> 6 hours away to be fair. Tonight I'm starting my carb-load, and I'm prepared in every way ! Got my bagels, honey/jam, Kashi cereal, oatmeal, grits, MILK, rice .. and everything else ready .. I've got 1,500-1,600 grams of carbs to consume by Saturday morning -> preferably Friday @ midnight .. Come Saturday, I will do moderate carbs in the morning untill my full body workout in the early afternoon, then low/no carb the remainded of Saturday and Sunday.. But more details will come as the weekend is beginning..

Will update after tonight's Leg Depletion workout..

13. Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Day 4:

Just did my first session of cardio:

- 40 minutes on Treadmill; incline 1-3 degrees; 4-5 mph

Got a real good sweat going, and burned double the amount of calories of what I've consumed thus far today. But heaven is right around the corner -> 6 hours away to be fair. Tonight I'm starting my carb-load, and I'm prepared in every way ! Got my bagels, honey/jam, Kashi cereal, oatmeal, grits, MILK, rice .. and everything else ready .. I've got 1,500-1,600 grams of carbs to consume by Saturday morning -> preferably Friday @ midnight .. Come Saturday, I will do moderate carbs in the morning untill my full body workout in the early afternoon, then low/no carb the remainded of Saturday and Sunday.. But more details will come as the weekend is beginning..

Will update after tonight's Leg Depletion workout..
    Hit it hard man, I dunno how your still standing. Making me nervous to start my first cut in May.

14. Damn dunno how i missed this one! How long do your workouts take mate? I was tired just imagining all of those sets.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Damn dunno how i missed this one! How long do your workouts take mate? I was tired just imagining all of those sets.

My workouts prior to cardio take me ~1 hour on avg. That's appx. 30-32 sets on Leg Depletion day (including abs), and 40-42 sets on Upper Body Depletion day (including abs). I found myself completing my last leg workout in 50 minutes, which is why I'm opting for a full 30 minutes of cardio IMMIDIATELY following the workout. I total 60-75 minutes of cardio each day, Monday through Thursday, and two or three 30-45 minute sessions on the weekend. Like previously mentioned, I'm going psychotic with lots of cardio due to an injury that left me pre-contest timing WAYYY OFF - only 8 weeks total.. If I find it flattens me out too much - which I don't feel yet luckily - then I'll adjust accordingly, but to be honest, my body AND mind feel GREAT since I began doing all this cardio and dieting. I feel 'rejuvenated,' fresh, and awake !

16. Just popped 6 caps of IntraXCell with 300mg of ALA.

I will be heading for the gym in 15-20 minutes for legs, and it just feels WRONG the fact that my legs are sore PRIOR to going in and blasting them ! Hahaha .. I'm staying positive though; the 2 hour countdown to carbs starts . . . . NOW !

17. It's Tiiiime !!!!!!

18. Day 4: Leg Depletion Day

Leg Press - 360 * 20, 450 * 15, 495 * 15, 540 * 15, 585 * 15, 630 * 15 [45-60 seconds between sets]
    Vertical Leg Press - 270 * 20, 315 * 20, 360 * 20, 410 * 20 [I got a disgusting pump after these !]
    Seated Leg Curls - 225 * 15 reps * 4 sets
    Leg Extensions - 120 * 15 reps * 4 sets
    Standing One-legged Curls - 30 * 15 reps * 3 sets
    Leg Abductor - 150 * 25 reps * 3 sets

Machine Calf Extensions - 190 * 25, 190 * 25, 190 * 25
    Donkey Calf Raises - 240 * 15, 240 * 20, 240 * 20'

Crunches - 25, 20, 20
    Incline Crunches - 10, 10, 10 [went extra slow on these]
    Ab Machine - 25, 25, 25

Cardio:
    30 minutes on Stairmaster; Fat burning Program; Level 5-6(/20)

IntraStack:

Strength -> 3/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 5/5
    Energy/Focus -> 5/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 4/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 5/5

Misc./Notes: Once again, I took 6 caps IntraXCell pre-workout, and YES(!), that does the trick ! My first two warm-up sets of Leg presses with only 2-3 plates each side were HURTING for every rep out of my two 25-rep warm up sets .. But once I hit those non-stop sets of leg presses, my strength, endurance and energy was out of this world. My STRENGTH per se wasn't that great, but I was still able to slap on an extra 45 lbs plate between every set ! The four 20-rep sets of Vertical Leg Presses TORCHED my quads and hams ! I got a hellacious pump, and I didn't stop till I hit 20 on every set ! Once again, 45-60 seconds in between sets, but knowing me, I'm trying to stay with the 45-50 second mark. Kept kranking out lots and lots more reps and sets and exercises, but didn't ONCE get nauseous, nor think I couldn't complete the workout. GOT TO BE HONEST, though, the Stairmaster was awefully painful and boring this time around -> my legs have taken a beating this week ..

I weighed in @ 236.4 lbs today. 4.6 lbs total fluid loss since Monday, which I'm very happy with.

Well, it's time to eat some carbs, enough said ...

HAIL THE INTRASTACK !!

19. Carb-load:

8.15PM: 70 grams dextrose/50 grams WMS with 50 grams of whey protein in post-workout shake. (+300mg ALA)
    8.45PM: 3 cups Kashi GoLean w/10 oz milk - 120 grams carbs/30 gram protein
    9.15PM: EAS Myoplex Deluxe - 40 grams carbs/30 grabs protein
    10.00PM: 1 cup oatmeal/1 cup grits w/4 tbs PB (+3 cups water) - 130 grams carbs/30 grams protein
    11.30PM: 1.5 cups of brown rice, 1 cup fat-free refried beans, 8 oz. chicken. - 100 grams carbs/80 grams (+300mg ALA)
    12.30AM: 1 Bagel, 8 oz. skim milk - 65 grams carbs/20 grams protein

10.30AM: 1 8 oz. Banana Muscle Milk mixed w/6oz. milk and 2 scoops Extreme XXL - 120 grams carbs/50 grams protein (+300mg ALA)
    11.30AM: 1 Tri-o-Plex bar w/16 oz. Gatorade - 80 grams carbs/30 gram protein
    1.00PM: 1.5 cups brown rice/1 cup fat-free refried beans, 8 oz. chicken - 100 grams carbs/80 grams protein
    3.00PM: 2 scoops Muscle Milk (Horchata, MMM!) w/10 oz. milk, one bagel w/honey - 100 grabs carbs/50 gram protein (+300mg ALA)
    5.00PM: Tri-o-Plex bar - 50 grams carbs/30 grams protein
    5.45PM: 2 cups Kashi GoLean w/10 oz. Milk - 70 grams carbs/35 grams protein (+300mg ALA)
    7.45PM: 1 cup rice/1 cup fat-free refried beans, 8 oz. chicken - 80 grams carbs/60 grams protein
    9.15PM: 2 cups Kashi GoLean w/10 oz. Milk - 70 grams carbs/35 grams protein
    10.30PM: 3 scoops Muscle Milk (Horchata), 14 oz. Milk - 35 grams carbs/60 grams protein
    12.00AM: 1 Tri-o-Plex Bar - 50 grams carbs/30 grams protein

+ 2 * 32 oz. bottles of Gatorade - 110 gram carbohydrates.

Totals thus far:
    Carbohydrates: 1,375 grams (out of 1,500 grams by Midnight, March 7th)
    Protein: 650 grams
    Fat: 130 grams

- I cut myself short by about 100 grams of carbs.. not that it should matter. I'm looking big and full, yet defined.

20. I'll be running out of ALA sometime in the middle of next week, and I'm considering substituting it for Glucophase XR, by Designer Supplements, for the remainder of the period till contest. I'm considering investing in 3-4 bottles worth, and I'll be running @ 5-6 caps/day Saturday through Wednesday, and 8 caps Thursday and Friday.

What are anyone's thought on this ? Anyone got any personal experience with GXR ?

21. That is one serious carb-up

I have no personal experience with GXR, but I know that most of the people who take it swear by it.

22. Hey norwegian about carb ups do believe they should be on workout days or not or does it matter?

23. Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Hey norwegian about carb ups do believe they should be on workout days or not or does it matter?
    Well, there are so many different methods to do it.. I prefer to completely deplete my glycogen storages, then on the day off load up, and fully charge/reload myself for the following day's workout. Your question is sort of hard to answer, as there are so many ways of running low-carb/no-carb/keto-like diets. Each separate diet has you do it a different way, so you got to find out what works for YOUR body .. And well, this yielded tremendous results for me last semester, and this time around, I'm even more pumped up and dedicated, so I'll be expected even more dramatic results !

24. Day 6: Low/medium rep range Full-body Workout
    (90-100 seconds between sets)

20 minutes pre-workout - 6 caps IntraXCell

Incline Dumbbell Press - (70 * 15), 100 * 12, 115 * 8, 115 * 8, 115 * 6 -> DROP 100 * 4
    Close-grip Hammer Press - 180 * 12 reps * 4 sets
    Wide-grip Hammer Pulldowns - 180 * 10, 180 * 10, 180 * 10, 180 * 10
    Seated Cable Rows - 200 * 12, 240 * 12, 300 * 10, 300 * 10
    Seated Side Laterals - 30 * 12, 35 * 10, 40 * 9, 40 * 9
    Reverse Pec-dec Flyes - 150 * 15, 170 * 12, 190 * 10, 190 * 9

Dumbbell Shrugs - 125 * 20, 150 * 15, 150 * 15, 150 * 15

Machine Curls - 120 * 12, 130 * 12, 130 * 12
    superset with
    Dip Machine - 210 * 20, 270 * 15, 270 * 15

Rope Pressdowns - 50 * 15 reps * 4 sets
    tri-set with
    Machine Preacher Curls - 60 * 20, 80 * 12, 80 * 12, 80 * 12
    tri-set with
    Machine Calf Raises - 150 * 15 reps * 4 sets

- Obviously, the plan was to do a FULL body workout today, but I've had major digestion problems since early evening last night, and due to stomach-issues, I was unable to perform any legs today like I wanted to. I COULD'VE done a superset of extensions and leg curls, but today was time for low-rep compound exercises for legs, and instead of doing some half-ass leg curls, I'll just go in tomorrow, and do 4-5 leg exercises prior to my first cardio session.

IntraStack:

Strength -> 4/5
    Stamina/Endurance -> 4/5
    Energy/Focus -> 3/5
    Pumps/Vascularity -> 3/5
    Recovery (in between sets) -> 4/5

Misc./Notes: I've got a couple ISSUES in my life, and going in to my workout today, I was stressed out and angry, and my stomach issues which seem to stick with me every DAMN time I diet always keep my stomach in a rut.. People say that it's GOOD to be angry at the gym, but to me, it ruins my focus and drive .. So, FOCUS WAS **** today, regardless of 6 caps IntraXCell AND the IntraBolic. However, strength impressed me on incline dumbbell presses, and the way they 'felt' was better than any other exercise I've done in a looong time ! I was able to squeeze out a couple extra reps on every set, and my entire upper body felt tight and just ... it felt natural as hell ! And the Cable Rows were awesome as well .. I've NEVER used 300 lbs on there before, and this is with no straps or anything. Finally, the dumbbell shrugs -> I've never felt it in my TRAPS ONLY like today before. I was strong as hell on them, and my grip strength was very much improved ! I've never been able to grab on to the 150s like today before and do my reps as controlled and slow as I did them today. I got a massive trap pump, and the side laterals made my medial-deltoids stick out nicely out of three layers of shirts.

All in all, it was an OK workout considering I wanted to leave cus of my stomach and all. Tomorrow I'll be jumping on them legs along with two cardio sessions. I endulged in a carb-meal post workout, but I'm already back on NO carbs untill Thursday again. (NO carbs, although I get a couple carbs from protein powders, PB, eggs and green beans)

I didn't weigh in today, cus I figured it'd be a little more than it would've been had I not had stomach issues, so I'll wait till tomorrow to conclude my 1 week weight loss, if anything..

Later!

25. Sorry to hear about the stomach issues man, and I think you're better off holding off on the isolation crap and go for the compounds today. Hit it hard, hope everything gets better asap.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 550
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 11:06 PM
  2. doing my first pre-contest prep for a natual show
    By miller112 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
  3. SPONSORED Finaflex 12wk Pre-Contest Transformation
    By ScottyDoc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
  4. CEL"S PCT is Helping Me For Contest Prep (Sponsored)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 04:59 PM
  5. Matt's MST-Sponsored Contest Prep
    By MB28 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM