HitStick is cutting on a budget!

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Hey everybody, this is my first log that i will be publishing. I hope to provide indepth reviews at the end of my log. I am currently in my 2nd week of cutting with the chosen supplements.

Primary Stats:
Age- 22
Weight- Beginning-205, Now-199
Height- 5'10.5''
Experience- 4 years in HS, now going for 1 year STRONG!!!

Secondary Stats:
This time last year i was 265lbs., then i cut for 7 months to 180. I dipped below 180 acouple times during the summer. Then i bulked back up last semester to 205, having great success during my X-Factor run (9 lbs.).

Goal: My goal for this log is to significantly cut BF%, while retaining as much LBM as possible. Now, id like to keep alot of my strength gains as well and will be lifting heavy to try to keep those gains. Hopefully ill be able to see my abs again, but i still have alot of loose skin from being 260+ since 8th grade....yeah i was big.

Supplements Using:

Now for the good stuff. My title says im cutting on a budget because i am a poor college student, so i chose these supplements because i found them the most cost effective.

Universal Storm: It has 5 grams of a creatine mixture, along with 3.75 grams of Citrulline Malate, L-Taurine, BA, AAKG, ALA, and other goodies.

I will take 1 serving 30-min. before workouts. It is 29.99 and it has 80 servings equalling .37 cents a serving. Cheap.

Nutraplanet ATD: it has 90 pills of 25mg of3,17-keto-etiochol-triene.

I will take 1 pill with good fats about an hour before bed. At 16.95 for 90 servings, it equals .19 cents a serving. I will only run for 30 days. So thats 3 cycles worth. Cheaper.

Bulk PureDopa- 1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol (3,4 diol)

I will take 1 gram at night as a sleep aid. This is the sleep and GH booster in USPlabs Powerfull. 100 servings for 19.95 equals .20 cents a serving. Cheap again

I will also be taking my normal staples:

Scivation Xtend- before and during cardio only workouts
Whey protein- I have ON Rocky Road, and will probably buy some All the Whey later
Multivitamin- Nothing special here 2x a day
Fish Oil- 6x a day

Well thats about it. Ill post some pictures later of me at 205 and maybe i can find some beached whale pics as well....:blink:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, I'll be watching

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
My Diet is going to be a simple low-carb diet. Im aiming for 50/30/20 in a protein, carb, fat ratio. But, i rarely reach that. I try to get 2-3 protein shakes in a day, and alot of lean fish, chicken, beef, etc.

I usually eat small meals around 200-300 calories around 6-7 times a day. I will try to aim for 2400 calories, with about 300g protein = 1200 calories, 180g carbs = 720, 50g fat = 450.

I looked into things like the anabolic diet and others but this works decently well for me. I just love carbs too much. I get up every morning to a big bowl of oats, yummy.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Training will be a modified program that my roommates and I thought up.

Workout 1- Chest and Triceps
Workout 2- Back and Biceps
Workout 3- Shoulders and Legs
Workout 4- Total body/ Abs/ Forearms

We will go through a cycle then take a day off and do it over again. I am aiming for the rep range of 8-12, with 4 sets per exercise. I do alot of supersets and compound sets to decrease time and get that good burn.

Cardio----burning it up
Ill mostly do 20-30 mins of HIIT after workouts. I usually jog for about a min. at 5.5-6.0 and then sprint from 9.5-10.0 for a min. I usually will walk for a minute after each 8-10 mins. It burns me up, i can do about alittle less than2.5 miles in 20 mins. If i feel bored, i will play some pickup basketball and just sprint around while tall guys dunk on me....

Sometimes i go back at night since i lift in the morning and will do HIIT for 10 mins, walk on an incline for 5 mins. for about 30 mins. Fun stuff Blah.

The Flash

The Flash

Awards
  • Established
Heard ATD would affect your "log"... lol just a heads up

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Heard ATD would affect your "log"... lol just a heads up
LOL, yeah man i heard that alot too. Its almost affecting my head. My girlfriend came over the other day and i was like well "can i do it?" But, i just stopped thinking about it and went to town. Im only running it at 25mg or 1 pill and for a short time, so i hopefully wont have too much troubles.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Definately look a lot better than you did man. 55lb is no joke.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
thats some nice progress!
I dont think that anything compares to the progress you have made. I read alot on anabolicminds during my "transformation" and recently i decided i should stop trolling....:stick: It helped me stick with it.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
I usually work out in the mornings, but it was a snow delay at our university so i decided to sleep in. Ill be doing my total body workout today which consists of hang cleans, DLs, pushups, chinups, etc.

Oh and i forgot the most important thing to my cut. I'll edit my workout post to add cardio sessions.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think that anything compares to the progress you have made. I read alot on anabolicminds during my "transformation" and recently i decided i should stop trolling....:stick: It helped me stick with it.
I dunno, I think yours is more impressive, cause you are down to leaner than me. Its definitely a long battle. i'm hoping to get to abs by summer.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
So, just got back from the Gym.

Took one serving of Universal's Storm 30 minutes before workout. I must say that it is some of the tastiest pre-workout supplements i have ever had. (I got fruit punch)

Felt good today....real good. Intensity was up, focus was up, strength was ok. I love these workouts especially when im on a calorie deficit.

Weight- 197 (-2) (yesterday did HIIT and had an intermural B-Ball game)

Hang Clean to Front Press
1x10 - 95lbs
2x8 - 115lbs
2 x 5 - 135lbs

Front Dead-lift
1x10 - 135lbs
1x5 - 225lbs
2x5 - 275lbs

Good Mornings supersetted w/ Woodchoppers
4x10

Side Bends supersetted w/ Spiderman Pushups
4x10 65lbs dumbbells on side bends

Back raises supersetted w/ Sit-ups
4x15 w/ 4x25

Hanging leg raises
4x10

Cardio- 2 games of pickup B-ball, 10 mins. jogging

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Since it is in the supplement review, i thought id post some thoughts on Bulk PureDopa. Ive had trouble getting a good nights sleep for the past month. I thought i would give the PureDopa a chance. Ive been taking it at about 800mg then 1g and ive got to say i sleep like a baby. I slept 8-hours straight last night and woke up roaring to go. This is my first experience with any sleep aids and its impressed me fully.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Sorry about the delay. Yesterday was hectic and crazy. I went from the gym, to class, then straight to the library to work on my thesis, and then straight to the grocery to buy stuff for V-Day dinner, then dinner with the old lady.

Here was yesterday's workout. Felt alittle fatigued near the end, but buddy helped push me harder. Took 1 scoop of Storm 30mins preworkout.

Back

Lat pulldowns supersetted w/ kneeling low lat cable rows
1x12- 12(pin) w/ 1x10- 10(pin)
2x10- 13,14(pin) w/ 2x10- 10(pin)
1x8- 15(pin) w/ 1x10- 10(pin)

Reverse-Grip lat pulldowns supersetted w/ Straight-Arm pulldowns
2x12- 12,13(pin) w/ 2x8- 8(pin)
2x10 -14(pin) w/ 2x8- 9(pin)

One-Arm d-bell rows
2x12- 75lbs
1x10- 80lbs
1x8- 85lbs

Rhomboid rows (we call them bat wings)
4x10- 35lbs

Biceps

One-Arm preacher curls
4x10- 35lbs

inside-arm curls
4x10- 45lbs

incline curls supersetted w/ cable curls
4x10- 25lbs w/ 4x10

21s
3x21- 50lbs

Cardio
16min HIIT
Got 2 miles busted some @ss

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Now that i caught up on yesterday's. Today's was a great workout. Great strength, good intensity, quick workout. Rest time is always kept to a minimum, but flew through it today even. I woke up great, really felt like the PureDopa and ATD are helping me maintain strength, and even increased it alittle during my cut.

Today was Chest and Triceps, took one scoop of Storm prewo

Chest

Incline Barbell
1x12- 135lbs
1x10- 185lbs
2x8- 205lbs
1x5- 225lbs

D-bell bench
1x12- 80lbs
1x10- 95lbs
1x6-105lbs (PR)
1x7- 105lbs (Beat it)

Decline Barbell Bench
1x12- 135lbs
2x10- 185lbs
1x8- 205lbs

Cable Flys (2 each angle)
6x10- 4(pin)

Triceps

Cable pushdowns supersetted w/ reverse grip pushups
4x12- 12(pin) w/ 4x10

Overhead rope Extensions supersetted w/ kickbacks
4x10- 8(pin) w/ 4x8- 30lbs

Close-Grip bench
3x8- 135lbs

Cardio
20 mins HIIT. One minute jog at 6.0, one minute sprint at 9.0,9.5,10.0,10.5,11.0, then walked for a minute. Was able to get 2.5 miles in 20 min. Booked it.

I kinda thought last night's meal would have hampered today's workout but it didnt. Didnt get 8 hours of sleep, but hey. Made Chicken Primavera with lots of veggies, and watched Amazing Grace for Valentine's Day.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
On a side note...down to my last bar of Java soap. :sad::sad: I ordered three and i feel like they have really helped with some of my stretch marks. The ones around my stomach used to be darker, so im debating whether or not buying some more.

Also, my samples of All the Whey came into my house, so this weekend im going home to pick them up. Ill review them in this thread and probably create another. Thanks again Marcus.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Todays workout was abs and cardio.

Did a bunch of assorted ab crunches, leg raises, side bends, etc.

Cardio- HIIT for 16 mins. Got 2 miles in, then walked on an incline for 14 mins. 12 degree incline, at 3.5 speed.

Weight was 197lbs (-8lbs for the cut)

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
You did 2 miles in 16 minutes of HIIT?
Yeah, it sucked. I did one minute jog then one minute sprint. The speeds were like 6.0, 9.0, 6.0, 9.5, 6.0, 10.0, 6.0, 10.5, 6.0, 11.0, then i like walked for a min. and picked it back up.

Do you think im overdoing it? or do i need more time on the rest periods?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Todays workout was abs and cardio.

Did a bunch of assorted ab crunches, leg raises, side bends, etc.

Cardio- HIIT for 16 mins. Got 2 miles in, then walked on an incline for 14 mins. 12 degree incline, at 3.5 speed.

Weight was 197lbs (-8lbs for the cut)
That sounds like a horrible workout! Not in terms of effect, just in terms of I hate ab work almost as much as I hate running :) Props for getting it done though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it sucked. I did one minute jog then one minute sprint. The speeds were like 6.0, 9.0, 6.0, 9.5, 6.0, 10.0, 6.0, 10.5, 6.0, 11.0, then i like walked for a min. and picked it back up.

Do you think im overdoing it? or do i need more time on the rest periods?
no, i'm just surprised your heart rate comes down noticeably :) 6 is a pretty fast jog.then again I try to avoid running most of the time :)

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
no, i'm just surprised your heart rate comes down noticeably :) 6 is a pretty fast jog.then again I try to avoid running most of the time :)
Yeah, the treadmills at the gym have a heart rate monitor, so i can usually tell basically where my heart rate is at all times.

I guess my heart is as lazy as i am, always trying to do the least amount of work. :)

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Todays workout was tough. I didnt have my coffee this morning.... but i took my scoop of Storm 30 mins preworkout like usual.

Weight- 196 (-1 from yesterday)

Legs

Leg Press
1x12- 470lbs
1x10- 650lbs
1x10- 740lbs
1x8- 830lbs

Hack Squat
4x10

Leg Extension supersetted w/ Leg Curls
2x10 (one-legged)- 70lbs w/ 2x10 (one-legged)- 50lbs
2x8- 210lbs w/ 2x8- 130lbs

Calf Raises
8x20

Shoulders

Arnold Press
1x12- 55lbs
2x10- 60lbs
1x8- 65lbs

Smith Machine Seated Military Press
2x12- 185lbs
1x10- 195lbs
1x6- 205lbs

Cable Lateral Raises
4x10

Cable Front Raises
4x10

Smith Machine Shrugs supersetted w/ D-bell shrugs
4x10 w/ 4x15

Cardio- 12 mins HIIT

Will take 1 gram of PureDopa and 1 ATD again tonight.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Couple of updates

Upped dosage to 1.25 grams of Puredopa. I woke up today at 6am and felt ready to take on the world for the first time in months. Usually i roll out of bed and hate life, but i thought i must have overslept or something by the way i felt.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Todays workout got switched up because of workout buddy. We did do Chest and Tris yesterday, but was too busy to post. Today was a modified total body.

I didnt take the scoop of Storm. Wanted to see if there was a decrease in strength, recovery, or anything. I really didnt notice much, but i did feel a little lethargic.

Weight- 196

Normal Width Pushups
4x25

Hang Cleans to Front Press
1x10- 115lbs
2x8- 135lbs
1x6- 155lbs

Hanging leg raises supersetted w/ Bench V-ups
4x10 w/ 4x15

Side Bends supersetted w/ spiderman pushups
4x10 w/ 4x12

Cardio- 10 minutes HIIT, 5 mins on a 12 incline walking, 5 more minutes HIIT.

Diet has been good. Trying to get around 2400, but i usually go alittle over. I think that i might up the calories alittle because im afraid of loosing any muscle.

Going to take 1g of PureDopa, and 1 ATD again tonight.

Side note: Still havent noticed the decrease in libido from the ATD.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Funny side note: I work out at my University Gym, and i was running on the treadmills. I was sweating like crazy and it felt good. So i was finishing up and i got off the treadmill, and two sorority girls were on the elipitical behind me. One of them pointed at me, and forgot to realize that she was 1) talking too loud, and 2) i had turned off my ipod, and she said Look at that guys sweaty shirt. The girl beside her mouthed EEEEwwww, and when they turned to look at me again, i was staring right at them. I just waived at them. They looked embarrased, but i would have been embarrased if i were them completing that 1 mile in 20 mins, and never braking a sweat.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Funny side note: I work out at my University Gym, and i was running on the treadmills. I was sweating like crazy and it felt good. So i was finishing up and i got off the treadmill, and two sorority girls were on the elipitical behind me. One of them pointed at me, and forgot to realize that she was 1) talking too loud, and 2) i had turned off my ipod, and she said Look at that guys sweaty shirt. The girl beside her mouthed EEEEwwww, and when they turned to look at me again, i was staring right at them. I just waived at them. They looked embarrased, but i would have been embarrased if i were them completing that 1 mile in 20 mins, and never braking a sweat.
Shoulda rung your shirt out. I hate people like that.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Ive gone through 3 packs of that bulk l-dopa. It's really the **** for sleeping well. It gives me more dreams too.. I usually just take two 00 packed caps before bed.. whatever that dose is lol. I usually wake up to take a piss at night and when I take l-dopa i feel so groggy like I can't even walk straight especially if I take it with melatonin. In my opinion melatonin > l-dopa but i have stoped taking it with melatonin since the ldopa alone is adequate to help me relax and go to sleep. If I'm really having trouble getting to sleep with just the l-dopa i'll take 3mg of meletonin and i'll be asleep in 10 minutes.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Update: Got sick this weekend...blah. Bouts of chills and fevers, went home to rest up and get some meds. Feeling alittle better today, hopefully i will wake up and feel good enough to hit the gym. Sickness sucks. Its the dang weather, it will be 65 one day, snowing the next.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 33
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1