All The Whey Samples Review

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:food: All The Whey :food:
Samples Review

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Marcus from ATW. He sent me a lovely package of samples of ATW proteins. The package itself smells almost too good to eat! The selection is amazing. Imagine your own buffet line of protein powders.

The first one I will be trying will be the Cinnamon Bun. We've all heard the rave about it. I must finally try it myself. I've been waiting for this moment for quite some time now. My first review should be sometime within the next hour or so.

Keep checking back here, as I will be reviewing each protein individually.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cinnamon Bun Whey Protein Blend

So, it seems that I've been sent a few different samples of Cinnamon Bun Whey Protein Blend and a few of the Isolate. I'll be starting off with the Blend.

I'm adding this to 8 oz. of milk, which, according to the label, provides 31g of protein and 218 calories.

Taste: WOW!!! That's all I can say. Imagine your usual cinnamon bun (cinnamon-ie, covered in icing), but in liquid form. It's that good! This would be perfect for any time, of course, but especially for a quick morning breakfast shake on the go. It goes down smooth and you savor every sip. The taste of this amazing protein definitely lives up to the hype! This is a must.

Mixability: I didn't mix it in a glass or a shaker cup, but in a blender. Either way, I've heard that the powder easily dissolves and mixes into water and milk. It's hard to rate this on a scale of 1-10, so I should stir the next sample in a glass, then the following in a shaker cup. That way, I can give more legitimate reviews on the product's mixability.

Cinnamon Bun Whey Protein Blend definitely gets a 10 out of 10, in my book! :thumbsup:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Mint Whey Protein Blend

I'm adding this to 8 oz. of milk, which, according to the label, provides 31g of protein and 215 calories.

Taste: If you like green mint chocolate chip ice cream, then you will love this protein. It tastes exactly like it. If you don't like ice cream, then take the chocolate-covered peppermint patties, for example. Imagine the ice cream, or peppermint patties, in milk shake form. There you have it. It doesn't taste too chococlatey, or too minty. It's just right. It also leaves a pleasant minty aftertaste in your mouth.

Mixability: Once again, I got lazy and used the blender. Though, the powder did slightly begin dissolving once I emptied the packet into the milk.

I love green mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I have no choice but to give this protein, a 10 out of 10 rating. The taste reminds me so much of it. :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm adding this to 8 oz. of milk, which, according to the label, provides 31g of protein and 215 calories.

Taste: If you like green mint chocolate chip ice cream, then you will love this protein. It tastes exactly like it. If you don't like ice cream, then take the chocolate-covered peppermint patties, for example. Imagine the ice cream, or peppermint patties, in milk shake form. There you have it. It doesn't taste too chococlatey, or too minty. It's just right. It also leaves a pleasant minty aftertaste in your mouth.

Mixability: Once again, I got lazy and used the blender. Though, the powder did slightly begin dissolving once I emptied the packet into the milk.

I love green mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I have no choice but to give this protein, a 10 out of 10 rating. The taste reminds me so much of it. :thumbsup:
I never could stand chocolate mint anything. I love chocolate, and I love mint but the mix never appealed to me. It's sort of like chicken ceasar salads; I love both on their own but don't mess em up by mixing them together!

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
today is payday for me, and I'll be ordering from ATW, based entirely on the hype that is continually generated by the cinnamon bun flavor. I can't wait :)

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
today is payday for me, and I'll be ordering from ATW, based entirely on the hype that is continually generated by the cinnamon bun flavor. I can't wait :)
I found cinnamon bun to clump much worse than other flavors. The clumps taste good, but it mixes poorly in mind eyes.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
If you mix one or two ice cubes in with the whey, this helps break up the clumps if you are using a shaker anyhow. I really like the cinnabun clumps, sometimes i mix it with whipped cottage cheese and it makes like a cookie dough type texture. Almost taste too good, so i usually ending up spending a lot of money on cottage cheese.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've heard that the Isolate tastes slightly different from the Blend, but I'll make that determination on my own. I've had only the Blend so far.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you mix one or two ice cubes in with the whey, this helps break up the clumps if you are using a shaker anyhow. I really like the cinnabun clumps, sometimes i mix it with whipped cottage cheese and it makes like a cookie dough type texture. Almost taste too good, so i usually ending up spending a lot of money on cottage cheese.
I must try this. Sounds delicious! :food:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, I just mixed up another shake of the Cinnamon Bun Blend. Just a suggestion: try adding oats to the shake. I wanted to try something slightly different and it's just as delicious!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Banana Whey Protein Blend

I've been getting lazy and keep on using the blender, but from what I've been reading, all of the ATW powders are very easily dissolved and mixed. I'll no longer be rating the mixability.

I usually enjoy mixing my protein with milk instead of water. Each blend tends to have a slight variation in the protein and calorie content. When mixed with 8 oz. of milk, this blend also provides 31g of protein and 218 calories.

This particular banana taste reminds me of the filling in banana creme pie. It tastes very good. I tossed a few ice cubes in this time, along with a small amount of oats. It tastes very good. I'd experiment a little bit if I had any strawberries, blueberries, or oranges, but unfortunately, I don't. I'll have to keep those in mind for when I go grocery shopping.

If you like bananas, then you'll enjoy this. The taste is right-on.

10/10! :thumbsup:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Orange Low Carb/Low Cal Lean & Fit

Protein 27g / Cals 140 / Carbs 7g / Total Fat <0.5g

This is an MRP smoothie mix. Milk and ice would've done the trick. It contains a generous amount of BCAA's, 24 vitamins and minerals, and 5g of fiber.

I ran out of milk, so I just had to mix this with water, even though I didn't really want to. I wish I would've had milk. It tasted too watery and I really didn't like it. This is the first sample that I had a problem with. I'm sure that it would taste so much better being mixed in milk, due to the milk shake-like texture. Orange juice, perhaps? Unfortunately, I ran out of that, too. I could definitely taste the orange, but I wasn't enjoying it. I'll rummage through all my samples and see if I have another one of these.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dude you are pounding through these whey samples, you must have a narly gas cloud behind you lol. :gas:
Keep chowing down bro!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude you are pounding through these whey samples, you must have a narly gas cloud behind you lol. :gas:
Keep chowing down bro!
I've been consuming food, too, so that's been helping minimize the gas issue. My appetite was out of whack a couple of days ago, though. I hardly wanted to eat, but I needed something. I ended up whipping up a shake. Some time went by. I still couldn't stand to look at food. So, what'd I do? I whipped another shake up, lol. My gas was horrid! Wow. I get very slight bloating, but protein will do that from time to time. I should get my hands on some digestive enzymes, or maybe even some Gut Health. These shakes truly are amazing, though. If you haven't tried ATW, then you should. I highly recommend the Cinnamon Bun flavor.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cinnamon Bun Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate

Some of the flavors will work in water, but that just doesn't cut it for Cinnamon Bun. There's more of a milk shake-like texture when milk is used. Milk also seems to bring out the flavor even more. Unfortunately, I'm out of milk. I ended up having to use 8 oz. of water. The taste was hardly there, so I added just a small handful of oats and a few sprinkles of ground cinnamon. Wow, did that make the difference! It truly did. I suggest doing this, if you end up having to use water. Once again, the Cinnamon Bun flavor gets a 10 out of 10 rating!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Whey Protein Blend

Well, I did find milk in the fridge, but it's Silk brand soy milk. It's vanilla flavored, but almost unflavored. I used 8 oz. of that for this next shake. It came out frothy, thick, and chocolate-y. It's delicious. Just like drinking the Cinnamon Bun shake, it makes you wanna feel guilty. It feels like you're cheating on your diet. But nothing to feel guilty about, of course! I'm also getting even more protein, using soy milk. This shake is just as I expected. The flavor is great. I love it. 10 out of 10!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strawberry Whey Protein Blend

Wow! Yet another amazing flavor from ATW. If you've ever had a strawberry milkshake, then imagine that, but with the protein and health benefits. I'd toss in some fresh strawberries if I had any, but I'll be sure to keep the idea in mind. I'd even toss in a banana, but I don't have any of those either. This shake came out very thick and goes down very smooth. Once again, I mixed the powder with 8 oz. of Silk brand soy milk. I was expecting the strawberry to taste this good and more. I'm very impressed. 10 out of 10!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Unflavored Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate

I used this last night. I couldn't imagine the plain taste of this by itself, but I chopped up 2 whole oranges and tossed them in. I used 8 oz. of Silk brand vanilla flavored soy milk and mixed it all in a blender. It ended up tasting like an orange creamsicle, which was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of orange flavors, but it wasn't that bad. If you wanna be creative, then get the unflavored protein isolate and make up your own concoctions.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strawberry Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate

I just prepared this. Just as good as the whey protein blend! I prepared it the same way. It was delicious. A very milkshake-like texture and very filling. This just may be my second favorite behind Cinnamon Bun.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Banana Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate

I prepared this last night and it tasted just as the blend did. Very delicious!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chocolate Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate

I'm finally, but sadly, out of the Silk soy milk. I had to use 8 oz. of water, but this actually tastes very good with water. Of course, it doesn't have the milkshake-like texture, but I'm quite impressed about how this tastes. I'd choose this over the chocolate mint any day. Tastes like I should be guilty of something, but the only thing I should be guilty of is not being in the gym right now! I plead the fifth. With that said, this shake is delicious. I'm sipping it right now and I'm sure it'll hold me until I get home from work at midnight. Protein seems to fill me up and give me a lot of energy, especially ATW. I highly recommend this, especially to the chocolate lovers. 10 out of 10!