Strategicmove's Partly Sponsored IGF-2/Lean Xtreme/Activate Xtreme/AP/P-Slin Log

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strategicmove's Partly Sponsored IGF-2/Lean Xtreme/Activate Xtreme/AP/P-Slin Log

Start: Friday, February 1st, 2008
Planned End: Saturday, March 1st, 2008
Total Duration: About 30 days.

Vital Statistics (February 1st, 2008):

Height (m): 1.9
Height (ft) 6.3
Weight (kg): 107.8
Weight (lbs): 237.7

Objectives:
1) The core objective of this stack is simple: to shed as much fat as possible while preserving as much lean mass as possible. Losing up to 2% BF within 30 days may be realistic.

Success Criteria (Important Things to Measure During the Stack):
- Fat Loss
- Increased Anti-Catabolism/Preservation of Lean Mass
- Increases in Strength and Endurance

Frequency of Body Parameter Measurements:
I will measure my Weight, BF%, Lean Mass %, and Body Water % at least three times during the stack.

Frequency of Log Update:
About three times a week.

Overall Comments:
My workout will consist of weight training and cardio. I will do cardio three times a week, preferably prior to workout (for warm up) and at the end of my workout. I will do full-body, not split, training. The key for me is to ensure my base metabolic rate stays elevated, and to ensure the existence of supportive conditions for anabolism.

I will eat three meals per day.

I would like to thank:
1) Applied Nutriceuticals for the free IGF-2.
2) USPLabs for the free Anabolic Pump and P-Slin

Products in my Stack:
- IGF-2
- Activate Xtreme
- Lean Xtreme
- Relora
- Anabolic Pump
- P-Slin

Other supplements to be used daily:
Multivitamins, Gut Health, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Whey-Soy Protein, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Forskolin (Forslean), Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea Caps, Trisorbagen, Post Cycle Support (for Resveratrol), Osteobolin-C, and PowerFULL (1 capsule before bed, Mondays-Fridays only).

Justification for the choice of products in stack:

Shedding fat, preserving (and enhancing) lean mass, and increasing endurance, strength may be approached from different angles for optimum results. The following are of importance in this setting:
1) cAMP boosting, cGMP boosting, muscle contractions, endurance, strength (achieved by icariin, safed musli, rhodiola, forskolin, dodder seed, ashwagandha, green tea, OPC. Compounds are partly contained in Activate Xtreme, Post Cycle Support, and IGF-2 and used as standalone)
2) Glucocorticoid antagonism / prolactin inhibition / growth-hormone release / testosterone modulation (achieved by icariin via increased dopamine, rhodiola via increased dopamine and serotonin, mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa), PureSap, PureDopa,
safed musli, 5-AT, 7OH, Divanil™, basella alba, Relora, Ashwagandha. Compounds are in IGF-2, Activate Xtreme, Lean Xtreme, PowerFULL, Relora, Post Cycle Support)
3) Glycogen and creatine-phosphate boosting / insulin modulation (rhodiola, Tannis Complex (Lagerstroemia
speciosa), Gymnema Sylvestre, Phellodendron HCL. Compounds in IGF-2, Anabolic Pump, P-Slin)
4) Protein synthesis (icariin, green tea extract. Compounds in Activate Xtreme, Lean Xtreme, Post Cycle Support)
5) Aromatase Inhibition (Icariin, OPC, Indole-3-Carbinol. Compounds in Activae Xtreme, Post Cycle Support, and standalone)
6) Thyroid metabolism, fat metabolism, appetite modulation (green tea extract via CCK, forskolin. Compounds in Lean Xtreme).
7) Adrenal support (Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Resveratrol, Grape Seed Extract. Compounds in IGF-2, Post Cycle Support, standalone).

My Supplementation Protocol:

Non-Workout Days (Non-Gym Days)

Before Breakfast (empty stomach):
4 IGF-2
1 Lean Xtreme
2 Activate Xtreme
1 Relora
Ashwagandha, Forskolin (20mg), Trisorbagen

About 15 Minutes Before Breakfast:
1 Anabolic Pump

About 45 Minutes Before Lunch (On Empty Stomach):
2 Post Cycle Support
1 Grape Seed Extract

About 15 Minutes Before Lunch:
1 Anabolic Pump

Before Dinner (empty stomach and about 45 minutes before dinner):
4 IGF-2
1 Lean Xtreme
1 Relora
Forskolin (20mg), Grape Seed Extract, Ashwagandha, Green Tea Caps (500mg EGCG), Trisorbagen

About 15 Minutes Before Dinner:
1 Anabolic Pump

Before Sleep (30 - 45 minutes; empty stomach):
4 IGF-2
1 Lean Xtreme
2 Activate Xtreme
1 PowerFULL (Mondays-Fridays only)
1 Relora
Ashwagandha, occasional ZMK, Trisorbagen.

Workout Days (Gym Days)

Before Breakfast (empty stomach):
4 IGF-2
1 Lean Xtreme
2 Activate Xtreme
1 Relora
Ashwagandha, Forskolin (20mg), Trisorbagen

About 15 Minutes Before Breakfast:
1 Anabolic Pump

About 45 Minutes Before Lunch (On Empty Stomach):
2 Post Cycle Support
1 Grape Seed Extract

About 15 Minutes Before Lunch:
1 Anabolic Pump

About 2.5 hours before workout (and about 15 minutes before pre-workout meal):
1 P-Slin
1 Dose of Advanced Creatine Complex

About 45 Minutes Before Workout:
4 IGF-2
1 Lean Xtreme
1 Relora
Forskolin (20mg), Grape Seed Extract, Ashwagandha, Green Tea Caps (500mg EGCG), Trisorbagen

Before Sleep (30 - 45 minutes; empty stomach):
4 IGF-2
1 Lean Xtreme
2 Activate Xtreme
1 PowerFULL (Mondays-Fridays only)
1 Relora
Ashwagandha, occasional ZMK, Trisorbagen.

Results and Comments:

Days 1 - 5 (Friday, February 1 - Tuesday, February 5th)

Fat Loss

I can already notice some improved leanness around my waist and abdominals. More specific results will be available after taking the first set of measurements.

Increased Anti-Catabolism/Preservation of Lean Mass

I currently do not feel as if I have lost lean mass on this stack. More details will be available after taking the first readings of my statistics. Nevertheless, I fell some broader shoulder definition, as well as some more girth in my upper arms.

Increases in Strength and Endurance

I am definitely seeing some noticeable improvements in these areas. My threshold in resistance training get easier to subdue.

Further comments

I am satisfied with the stack thus far. As is obvious, to lose weight and retain lean mass, caloric intake should stay below maintenance. Consequently, my caloric intake is restricted to about 12.5% below maintenance. This amounts to about 2260 calories daily. The split is 40% carbs/40% proteins/20% fat, or 900kcal carbs/900kcal proteins/450kcal fat. In grammes, this translates to 226gr carbs/226 gr proteins/50gr fat. My plan is to "train" Anabolic Pump and P-Slin on low carbs and slowly ramp up.

Last edited:
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
holy detail!! yea this looks interesting good luck

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results and Comments:

Day 6 (Wednesday, February 6th)

Fat Loss

Optically, I can notice an improvement in fat reduction when I consider my abdominals and my lower back. I will get more precise reading after taking some measurements.

The most noticeable impact of the stack is during and after workouts. The muscle fullness and the definition of the curves around my shoulders and upper arms make it worth my while every time. I hope I will continue to sing the praise of this stack in another week.

I continue to see noticeable improvements in these areas. I do not tire out easily, whether I am implementing physical or mental tasks.

Further comments

This is one of those stacks that make me look forward to looking in the mirror every morning. Although looking in the mirror everyday might make it more difficult to identify subtle changes, it is still an interesting event. As the days pass, I see more and more definition in different parts of my upper body. I might consider doing a before and after photo comparison, before the changes get more dramatic.
I have long office days, with a lot of time spent sitting in different meetings. This is usually a trigger for accumulation of visceral adipose tissue in those stressful situations. This stack appears to have an effective response to that problem. My threshold in resistance training get easier to subdue.

One thing I have noticed on this stack after just six days is a clear preservation of lean mass. I see an important role for IGF-2 here, coupled with Anabolic Pump, P-Slin, and Activate Xtreme. Now, I have my diet more in check than I ever did before, which would be a positive on its own. Nevertheless, I feel my macronutrients are used up more efficiently. I get more hungry these days, likely due to the Anabolic Pump/P-Slin, yet I do not feel that the bloats I used to feel in the past after meals. Part of this is surely traceable to Gut Health and the polyphenols I take with some of my meals, but I take Gut Health only once a day, and Anabolic Pump or P-Slin before meals.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results and Comments:

Days 7 (Thursday, February 7th) - 11 (Monday, February 11th)

Fat Loss

My intake of carbohydrates was under check. I have noticed significant leaning out. I am beginning to get worried that, if I continue at this pace, I would need a new set of clothes within the next two weeks.

I would need to ensure that the fast leaning out I have been experiencing does not lead to loss of muscle tissue. I felt this was in check, though, during this period.

I have had a very demanding work schedule in the past several weeks, yet was able to maintain my energy state at a high level throughout my working day. Good, clean energy.

Further comments

This stack appears to accommodate cheat meals now and then. The effects are not as long-lasting and damaging as they would have been on a different stack. So far so good!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's looking like weight loss taken down to a science. Looking good Ike, I hope you make that 2% drop! :) Are you measuring with calipers or a bioelectrical impedence?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results and Comments:

Days 12 (Tuesday, February 12th) - 16 (Saturday, February 16th)

I was hit by some bout of colds. I continued to take my supplements to avoid any major loss of progress.

Fat Loss

The leaning out was somewhat intensified by my bout of colds. It is not clear how much weight I lost during this period and how much of that was body fat. I decided to increase my carbohydrate intake from next week onwards to ensure the availability of enough substrates for muscle-building.

Increasing my intake of carbohydrates and proteins, coupled with weight training should help make up for some of the lean mass I may have lost during this period of mild illness.

Even though I was not in my optimal physical condition, I did not notice any significant decreases in strength.

Further comments

I continued to take my supplements, even during this period of physical set-back. I have the feeling it was the right decision. I will try to cover any lost grounds in the next couple of days.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's looking like weight loss taken down to a science. Looking good Ike, I hope you make that 2% drop! :) Are you measuring with calipers or a bioelectrical impedence?
Bioelectrical impedance. I measure lean mass, body fat, water weight, and maintenance calories.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How does that work?
I simply step on a flat portable metal scale-like equipment with sensors and it reads off my lean mass, body fat, and water weight, and also shows the corresponding caloric requirements for that body weight, on a small digital hand-held monitor.

As you know, lean tissue has more water content than fat tissue, and is, therefore, a better conductor than fat tissue. The more lean mass in the body, the higher the conductive potential. Bioeletrical impedance method is based on this fact.

Basically, a bioimpedance meter is built-in the equipment. A signal is sent through the extremities (for instance, the feet) to the body. As the current flows through the body, the signal measures the resistance to the current due to variations in muscle density, amount of fat tissue available, and level of hydration of the tissues. Slower signals mean more fat is present, as fat interferes with the signal, as opposed to lean mass.

Bioelectrical impedance, however, has its limitations. It can have a wide margin of error, especially in extremely obese or extremely lean individuals. Dehydration can also impact the readings. Here, the signals become slower, and the individual appears to have more fat tissue than is actually the case. Intestinal content can also be a distorting factor. Bioelectrical impedance is probably less accurate than a well-performed girth/skin-caliper testing.

For good results, no drinking or eating should be done within four hours of the readings; no exercising should be done within 12 hours of readings.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results and Comments:

Vital Statistics (February 15th, 2008):

Weight (kg): 105.8
Weight (lbs): 233.3

Days 17 (Sunday, February 17th) - 19 (Tuesday, February 19th)

Fat Loss

I have not only seen a slight reduction in BF%, but also a noticeable reduction in body weight, while keeping lean mass proportion fairly stable. I have consistently strived for a caloric deficit with this stack, with a deliberate noticeable drop in caloric intake.

The stack continues to excel in terms of muscle fullness and hardness, especially around workout times and the period just after. Given the amount of body weight I have lost so far, it is clearly unavoidable to see a complete preservation of lean mass. My full credit goes to the stack, however, for keeping catabolism at bay.

I continue to see noticeable improvements in these areas, both at the mental and at the physical levels. While I do not keep track of personal records during weight training, I notice that I am able to do more reps with heavier weights, without spending the rest of the workout period recovering from the stress.

Further comments

I have now done more than half the time allotted to this stack. I am happy with the results so far. It might make sense, though, to consider upping my consumption of carbohydrates, so Anabolic Pump and P-Slin can come to fruition. I know Anabolic Pump can be used with a low intake (20g - 30g) of complex carbohydrates, and still yield effective results. Yet, even better results in terms of fat loss and addition of lean mass can be obtained by higher complex-carbohydrate consumption.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results and Comments:

Vital Statistics (February 24th, 2008):

Weight (kg): 107.2
Weight (lbs): 236.3

Days 20 (Wednesday, February 20th) - 24 (Sunday, February 24th)

Fat Loss

I decided to increase my caloric intake, to see if my stack would be more effective in terms of fat loss and lean mass. Measurements now show an increase in body weight coupled with lower BF% and greater lean mass %.

The performance of the stack appears to improve with a measured upward fine-tuning of caloric intake, especially carbohydrates and proteins. Slowly increasing my carbohydrate and protein intake not only led to an improvement in lean mass, but also to a reduction of BF%.

I continue to see noticeable improvements in these areas, both at the mental and at the physical levels. Workout intensity has steadily been on the increase.

Further comments

Increasing carbohydrate (and protein) intake seems to have yielded positive results, not necessarily in terms of an increase in body weight, but in the area of reduction of BF%. I will continue along these lines to see if this type of result will be maintained until the end of the stack in a few days.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results look very nice thusfar strat. Great job my friend. :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lookin good SM... looking forward to future updates.

Adams

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up bud!

Nice work stragepedia! Just got a chance to check this one out. Fantastic detail. I will stay tuned to see your final results when you wrap this one up, albeit it is coming shortly...:D. Nonetheless, thought I would check in. Thanks for the reps too bud. I certainly appreciate the kind words coming from a knowledgeable mind such as yourself!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Results and Comments:

Vital Statistics - March 1st, 2008, compared to February 24th:

Weight (kg): +2.2
Weight (lbs): +4.8
Body Fat (%): -1.2
Muscle (%): no change
Water (%): -0.1

Days 25 (Monday, February 25th) - 30 (Saturday, March 1st)

Fat Loss

Interestingly, an increase in my caloric intake did not yield any increases in body weight. On the contrary, I actually dropped 4.8lbs (2.18kgs) since the last update. Overall, this does not bother me one bit, as my medium-to-long-term goal is a total body weight between 220.5lbs (100kgs) and 227.1lbs (103kgs). In terms of fat loss, my BF% dropped from 1.2 percentage points between February 24th and March 1st! :D. Yes, I am grinning from ear to ear! Needless to say, I am very happy with this outcome.

In the area of lean-mass preservation and anti-catabolism, my lean mass % remained constant on March 1st (same as on February 24th). While I would have preferred to have retained the same amount of lean mass in absolute (lb or kg) terms as on February 24th, it is well known that a reduction of body weight is usually accompanied by a loss of both fat and lean mass. Consequently, it is a very satisfying result to have improved my lean-mass:body-fat ratio.

Strength and endurance consistently improved throughout the duration of the stack. This is an experience that one can confirm on a daily basis, regardless of the challenges on hand. Excellent!

Stack Rating, Concluding Comments, and Next Steps

Overall rating of the stack (scale of 1 - 10; where 10 is better than 1): 8.6 (simple average)

Rating of products in stack:

IGF-2: 9
Lean Xtreme: 8 (a rating of 8 does not reflect the quality of the product. Rather, I should have increased the dosage from 3 per day to 4 per day to better match my weight category)
Activate Xtreme: 8 (similar comment as for Lean Xtreme. The next time I use this product, I would aim for 5 to 6 capsules per day, rather than the 4 capsules per day I used. Results appear dosage-dependent)
Anabolic Pump: 9
P-Slin: 9

Goal versus achievement: My goal was to drop body fat by 2% points within 30 days. I ended up with a reduction of 1.7% points versus targeted 2.0% points. Goal achievement: 85%. I am very satisfied with the result. It shows that the choice of products was right. I will recommend the products in this stack to anyone without hesitation.

Next Steps: I have already started my next stack. This includes IGF-2/RPM/Drive/Anabolic Pump/P-Slin.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
You will LOVE that stack.

Glad to see your results are so good Strategic.

Always like to read your posts - simple - detailed and entertaining.

Keep up the good work!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will LOVE that stack.

Glad to see your results are so good Strategic.

Always like to read your posts - simple - detailed and entertaining.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, bud, for the refreshing comments. I am only a few days into the new stack and am full of optimism. Let's see how things evolve...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice work strat! Good luck with the new stack! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the weight loss Ike :) Keep it up! I'll be watching you next month/log .
Thanks Steve! I am keeping a daily log of my current stack. I am not sure yet, though, if I would run the log here, due to time constraints. We'll see how things go!

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Steve! I am keeping a daily log of my current stack. I am not sure yet, though, if I would run the log here, due to time constraints. We'll see how things go!
You better run it here!! :p

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards
I havent read a lot of green tea info lately, but how does it relate to protein synthesis?

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
how do u feel the lean extreme is working for you??

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the solid work!

Congrats on the results strategic. Keep up the hard work bud.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I havent read a lot of green tea info lately, but how does it relate to protein synthesis?
The answer lies in catechins, the flavonol group of polyphenols found in large quantities in green tea. There are four classes of these in green tea: epicatechin (EC), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate (ECG), and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is the most potent of these. Possessing various important pharmacological activities, EGCG, and to some extent, the other catechins, impact protein synthesis by favourably supporting the use of DNA and RNA to create protein structures, and by inhibiting the angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels from existing vessels) of cancer cells by blocking DNA and protein synthesis in those cells. So, the catechins in green tea support the creation of proteins in healthy cells and inhibit the same process in unhealthy cells.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how do u feel the lean extreme is working for you??
Beautifully! It comes highly recommended. Stacked with Relora and Ashwagandha, it reaches a completely different level. If resources allow, phosphatidyl serine would round up the stack beautifully. The results are definitely dose-dependent.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I was only sporadically online :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The answer lies in catechins, the flavonol group of polyphenols found in large quantities in green tea. There are four classes of these in green tea: epicatechin (EC), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate (ECG), and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is the most potent of these. Possessing various important pharmacological activities, EGCG, and to some extent, the other catechins, impact protein synthesis by favourably supporting the use of DNA and RNA to create protein structures, and by inhibiting the angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels from existing vessels) of cancer cells by blocking DNA and protein synthesis in those cells. So, the catechins in green tea support the creation of proteins in healthy cells and inhibit the same process in unhealthy cells.
Needless to say, I always look out for the EGCG content of any green tea supplement I intend to take. The more (EGCG) the better!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats up Strategic!

I'm very interested in Lean Xtreme and Adrenalean. How's the Lean Xtreme working for you?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats up Strategic!

I'm very interested in Lean Xtreme and Adrenalean. How's the Lean Xtreme working for you?
Lean Xtreme was (is) very effective. Weight-dependent dosing is better, though. For my weight (about 230 lbs), I would do one capsule four times daily (instead of one capsule three times daily recommended) in my next Lean Xtreme use. The addition of Relora, Green Tea (EGCG), and Ashwagandha made Lean Xtreme shine even better.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Well I don't know how I missed this log but loving the results your seeing (and the detail is impressive.)

I ran a similar stack as you know when I began cutting (AP, IGF-2, and recently added in RPM) and had great results. Combo of drive, RPM (for extended use with the others) and P-Slin is going to be fantastic. Can't wait to see how you respond and the reviews. Good luck brother.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I don't know how I missed this log but loving the results your seeing (and the detail is impressive.)

I ran a similar stack as you know when I began cutting (AP, IGF-2, and recently added in RPM) and had great results. Combo of drive, RPM (for extended use with the others) and P-Slin is going to be fantastic. Can't wait to see how you respond and the reviews. Good luck brother.
Yeah! The stack is truly impressive...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
It almost sounds...your surprised?

Yeah! The stack is truly impressive...
Honestly bud it sounds like you were skeptical at first? :D Just giving ya some **** bud...:toofunny:. By all means, your stack is definitely impressive. Beyond that, keep up the hard work. It all starts with your diet and training, but even that doesn't matter without the hard work ethic and dedication...keep it up and you'll get where you want to be in no time! :thumbsup:

-Sean-

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lean Xtreme was (is) very effective. Weight-dependent dosing is better, though. For my weight (about 230 lbs), I would do one capsule four times daily (instead of one capsule three times daily recommended) in my next Lean Xtreme use. The addition of Relora, Green Tea (EGCG), and Ashwagandha made Lean Xtreme shine even better.
I went ahead and bought me a botle of Lean Xtreme and Adrenalean. Thanks for the info Strategic.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!