All The Whey protein sample review!!!

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
One of the big barriers to changing protein powders is the mystery of taste. Some companies do samples, and others should look giving people a taste of their product.
Big Thanks to Marc at All the Whey for the samples of just about every flavor they make, I think. Seriously, I was expecting just a few samples, and a package showed up that i mistook for something else I'm waiting for. There were probably 20 samples in there or so. :box:

This thread is to rate the samples as I try them. Will be on a scale of 1 to 10 with comments about the flavors.

Whey protein Blend Cinnamon Bun: 11!
This is the best protein powder I've ever tasted.

Whey Protein Blend Chocolate Mint:8
Almost as good as MM Chocolate Mint which I love.

Whey Protein Blend Strawberry:8
Just as good as syntha-6 strawberry; tastes really good

Whey Protein Blend Chocolate:8.5
Look Ma, it's Ovaltine! Or Nestle Quick. How do they do it?

WPB(tired of typing it out) Orange: 7
Kinda an orange creamsicle taste, weakest taste so far. Not to say it tasted bad, far from it, it just wasnt much of a taste to it in comparison.

WPB Vanilla: 8
As good if not better than ON's vanilla, which i ingested 5 pounds of.

WPB Bananna: 7
I thought this might have disaster potential. But it was pretty good. Not my fave in the bunch, but decent.

Stay Tuned to this space for more updates as I try the rest of the flavors.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree, the Cinnamon Bun Whey is out of this world! I almost felt guilty after ingesting such a terrific tasting treat.

Mattcc22

Mattcc22

Awards
My personal favorite was the peaches and cream!! I'll have to try the cinnamon bun sample tonight!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Have you noticed that the they tend to not mix as smoothly as other brands? I've been mixing my samples primarily with milk and they do not seem to mix great. I always get some clumps. I don't experience this with any other brand i've tried.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I find the mixability to be great - I am using a blender bottle, though.

Have you noticed that the they tend to not mix as smoothly as other brands? I've been mixing my samples primarily with milk and they do not seem to mix great. I always get some clumps. I don't experience this with any other brand i've tried.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
the bananna and orange clumped some. The others were fine. I'm using a shaker bottle, and mix all mine with milk. I'm bulking and i hate the taste of whey/water anywheys.

smackshosh

Awards
im using a shaker bottle and ive noticed the same thing, some of it clumps and some is left as residue on the bottle, whether milk or water...

HOWEVER, they taste absolutely fantastic. i mixed peaches n cream this morning with milk and poured it over my oats, ate it cold. i wanted to eat more more more

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Used water to mix the chocolate last night. I ran out of milk :( It tasted good with just water. And usually a lot of proteins taste like poop n a can with water vs milk. This one was good either way. BIG UPS to ATW!!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I prefer milk. If all I have is water, then that'll do, but I prefer milk. It has more of a milk shake-like texture.

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your samples! They're so delicious. I've been downing them like crazy.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I've been downing them like crazy too. I think I like the blends taste better than the Iso. Not sure why. When I order, it will be the blend of Cinnamon Bun.

Once again, a thanks to Marc from ATW.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been downing them like crazy too. I think I like the blends taste better than the Iso. Not sure why. When I order, it will be the blend of Cinnamon Bun.

Once again, a thanks to Marc from ATW.
I can't use water. I hate it. I need milk. I tasted the Cinnamon Bun slightly in the isolate, so I added a little bit of oats and ground cinnamon. That really brought the actual flavor out, but I prefer the blend as well.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Tried the isolates in all the same flavors as above. They seem to foam more when you shake them in a shaker.
I actually like the blends taste a little better than the Iso, thought more protein in the iso is better.

So, for the win....(drumroll here)
Cinnamon Bun blend!!!! (ding ding ding!)

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
Are there any more of these samples available? I love the strawberry flavor, especially in supplement powders! I've tried BSN's Syntha-6 before as well and it wasn't too bad. The thing with the artificial flavors is that...well..they don't taste like the real thing. I'm used to natural flavoring in all so it gets odd sometimes but a great tasting shake after my workouts makes my training that much more satisfying.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are there any more of these samples available? I love the strawberry flavor, especially in supplement powders! I've tried BSN's Syntha-6 before as well and it wasn't too bad. The thing with the artificial flavors is that...well..they don't taste like the real thing. I'm used to natural flavoring in all so it gets odd sometimes but a great tasting shake after my workouts makes my training that much more satisfying.
ATW won't steer you wrong. :thumbsup:

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
I don't doubt unless I'm given reason. A good product speaks for itself--I'm just waiting for conversation :)