advice for new supplements

skins11jmu

skins11jmu

Awards
I have been working out 5-7 days consistently for the past 6 months (since i got college). I have been taking creatine (Sizeon) and protein (Muscle Milk). I like both of them but I am looking for something else that i could take that could help me reach my goals and give me more of an edge. I dont know to much about supplements so I could use some help. Im 18, 6' and 185 lbs.

ironman0370

ironman0370

Awards
What does your current diet look like? Also, what are your overall goals, and show us your training regimen setup for that goal.

For instance, if gaining mass/strength, there's no reason a solid diet and training regimen, combined with [higher quality] protein and creatine monohydrate shouldn't result in significant positive changes at your age.

My .02

jst

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I have been working out 5-7 days consistently for the past 6 months (since i got college). I have been taking creatine (Sizeon) and protein (Muscle Milk). I like both of them but I am looking for something else that i could take that could help me reach my goals and give me more of an edge. I dont know to much about supplements so I could use some help. Im 18, 6' and 185 lbs.
Drive/RPM are the most harmless, while effective supps I can think. I'm also a fan of the Pslin/AP combination. Don't do Prohormones, you're still a bit young for that.

skins11jmu

skins11jmu

Awards
What does your current diet look like? Also, what are your overall goals, and show us your training regimen setup for that goal.

I'm a college student so I sometimes eat crap, but i try to eat more healthy. I eat a decent amount of meat/other protiens and try to limit carbs. As far as my goals go, they are too get stronger and build mass but more on strength than mass. I lift every day during the week and most Saturdays for 1 and half hours each day. I work chest on mondays, shoulders tuesday, biceps and triceps wednesday, back on thursday, and legs on friday, saterday i usually do a few exercises for each muscle group. I also run 4-6 miles 4 or so times a week for cardo.

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
5 days a week maximum for weight training, everything else is overtraining and will most likely hinder your goals. Design a better workout split so you get everything done each week.