X-factor-->Inflammation behind knee cap

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
Ive been biting my tongue for a while now but only recently was told what was wrong with me. (FYI I also posted this on bb.com a few minutes ago.) I havent done Squats in 8 weeks. Was on for 21 days and then it happened. Couldn't squat my bodyweight. NOT FUN. No structural damage just inflammation. Inflammation =GROWTH right... WRONG. Had it confirmed by my doc and had first physio session. Electrodes to the knee, ultrasound and acupuncture. I expected achy joints not a ****ed up knee. Did I mention I had a week off before I started x-factor. Yup Id reset and was below my working weight from before the break. I wish I'd seen a thread like this when I considered this supplement. DO NOT make the same mistake I did.

/rant over

PS I wish I could sue these fraudulent bastards. How much research could they possibly have done. Get some 175lb twig squatting 200 lbs run there logs all the while popping in to pressure them into positive reviews.

/rant really over

I did not mention that I have been told that extensions and hamstring work is fine with this problem and I did legs for the first time last week. SO I tell you, for your own sake, DO NOT SQUAT ON X_FACTOR. If it happened to me there is a chance it could happen to you. :study:

BTW jjohn I've read your posts and think your a good guy, but I really believe that this product should never have been sold without more stringent testing and trials. There is something really wrong with the supplement industry but I guess noone will do anything until someone dies. The gov't and media villanize roids when they have all this research behind their use. Meanwhile ph's are popping up monthly it seems, along with sketchy supplements from obscure companies. ****ed up.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The treatment you described is scripted for soft tissue damage, not structural damage. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious to find a few things out:
1) Have you ever injured your knee(s)
2) Do you have family history of RA or any chronic inflamm. problems?
3) Did you tell your DR that you were taking AA?

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
I was planning on running X-factor and particularly targeting legs. Hmmmm, glad I saw this first. Subbed.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have not had any aggravaton with X-factor. I think some people are more prone to increased inflammation and some people respond to X-Factor differently.

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
The treatment you described is scripted for soft tissue damage, not structural damage. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious to find a few things out:
1) Have you ever injured your knee(s)
2) Do you have family history of RA or any chronic inflamm. problems?
3) Did you tell your DR that you were taking AA?
Yeah there's no structural damage thank god. And to answer your questions.

1)No
2)Mom some arthritis
3)Yes

I was maybe a little hard on MN I'm just pretty frustrated. I just wanted people to know my experience with x-factor.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What exactly was the diagnosis for your knee?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It is really sad to hear this man, but there are a lot of factors that can cause this. I beleive in this product, and will do my best to help you out. Let me just get this straight: You took a 8 week break, then started X-Factor, and squats with your training and all of a sudden on your first set you got injured?

I just want to make sure i get this.

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
No I took a 1 week break, then resumed training and began x-factor. Was having some mild achy joints starting about day 7. On day 21 I couldn't even squat my bodyweight. (I squat over 400lbs, or squatted I should say) I stopped the x-factor immediately and stopped training legs. I began consuming fish oil and omega's as per usual and did not work legs for a total eight weeks. I was told I could train legs just not squats, leg presses etc that put pressure on the knee so I've started training them with light weight. The diagnosis I got was that I had inflamation behind my kneecap and was sent for a precautionary x-ray and also to a physiotherapist. (I waited 8 weeks to see a doctor hoping it would go away on its own)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I took a 1 week break, then resumed training and began x-factor. Was having some mild achy joints starting about day 7. On day 21 I couldn't even squat my bodyweight. (I squat over 400lbs, or squatted I should say) I stopped the x-factor immediately and stopped training legs. I began consuming fish oil and omega's as per usual and did not work legs for a total eight weeks. I was told I could train legs just not squats, leg presses etc that put pressure on the knee so I've started training them with light weight. The diagnosis I got was that I had inflamation behind my kneecap and was sent for a precautionary x-ray and also to a physiotherapist. (I waited 8 weeks to see a doctor hoping it would go away on its own)
So it was retropatella tendinitis?

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
I was maybe a little hard on MN I'm just pretty frustrated. I just wanted people to know my experience with x-factor.
I'm no doctor and there are much more qualified people on the board to help you with your knee problem and possibly give you some advice or at least come to the conclusion of why ArA had this effect on you. I would first like to say that you need not apologize for being hard on MN reps. I completely understand where your frustration is coming from and I would have probably acted the same way. No hard feelings on this side, I truly hope you heal quickly and get back in the squat rack. I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience... It's good to let everyone know on this board (and I've read your post on other boards...) that every supplement, not just X Factor, contains risks.

The one thing that I can share with all of this is that 400 lbs. is a sh1t load of weight and while I'm sure you've squatted it before, putting that much pressure on your knees can be seriously damaging and possibly cause some underlying problems which X Factor may have made worse.

Again, I would like to send you my condolences and I hope you rebound quickly. Sorry I couldn't offer more.

-cal