Recomping with Fig Newtons and Triscuits

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to my Body Recomposition log ladies and gentlemen. This is going to be slightly different than most logs, in that its going to be a three month journey. I'll try to make each update as thorough and detailed as possible. I'll have pictures that I'll post in the next day or two and then again every two weeks.

A little bit of background. I've been lifting seriously for about four years now. Started back in college at about 155 lbs, and am now sitting currently at 175lbs. My highest weight was about a year ago and it was 194 lbs, at the tail end of a Superdrol cycle. Due to changing of jobs, moving across the country among other things led to the decline of my lifting/eating and therefore my drop back to my current bodyweight. However, I've been back in the gym now for a few months, slowly regaining my strength and getting my diet back in order.

Now the idea behind this log is to make it to 185 lbs and to lean out over the next three months.

1) We'll cover diet first as this to me is the most important portion of the log. This is the layout of my current diet.

Meal 1 (6:30 am): 2 Whole Eggs, 4 Egg Whites, 8 oz skim milk, 1 cup oatmeal mixed with yogurt, and a piece of fruit (typically grapefruit or banana)

Meal 2 (9:00 am): 1 Whole chicken breast, 1 cup of rice, 2 cups veggies

Pre-Workout (11:00 am): Cold Fusion 2 scoops

Workout (11:30-12:30 pm)

Meal 3 (1:00 pm): Post Workout Shake (2 scoop whey protein, 1 scoop Herbalife shake mix, dextrose[until I get WMS])

Meal 4 (1:30 pm): 1 Whole Chicken Breast, 1 cups of rice, 2 cups veggies (typically broccoli or green beans)

Meal 5 (3:30 pm): Piece of fruit

Meal 6 (5:30-6:00 pm): 1 Whole Chicken Breast, 4 cups salad w/ dressing (olive oil/vinegar)

Meal 7 (9:00 pm): 2 tblspn Natty PB, 8 oz milk

Now generally this is the makeup of my diet. I will occasionally sub out a chicken breast for one of the following (salmon, tuna, 97% lean ground beef, turkey burgers) . The rice will occasionally be subbed out with whole wheat pasta for variation. And the variety of fruits include (Apples, oranges, grapefruit, organic berries, and bananas).

The total breakdown of the above diet according to fitday is (neglecting the calories of the veggies):

Total Calories: 3089 Breakdown: 41/31/24
Protein: 306
Carbohydrates: 278
Fats: 80

2) Now we'll cover the second most important factor to this Recomp and thats the workout. I am currently in the first few weeks of a 5x5 program modeled off of Bill Starr's 5x5 program. I'm using this program because I want to gain back the strength that I had at 194 lbs. So for those that don't know the breakdown of a 5x5 program (bear with me if you do) here is my workout.

Monday: Squats: 5x5x5x5x5
BB Bench: 5x5x5x5x5
BB Rows: 5x5x5x5x5
Weighted Hyperextensions: 8x8
Weighted Situps: 8x8x8x8

Wednesday: Squat: 5x5x5x5
Incline Bench: 5x5x5x5
Deadlift: 5x5x5x5
Situps: 15x15x15

Friday: Squats: 5x5x5x5x3x8
BB Bench: 5x5x5x5x3x8
BB Rows: 5x5x5x5x3x8
BB Curls: 8x8x8
Tri Extensions: 8x8x8

There is the basic layout of the program. I am currently entering week 3, which is still in the "loading" phase of the program. So far, things have been going well. In another week or two I will also be adding Ju Jitsu classes in the evening (Not sure how many times a week yet). I also warmup for 10 minutes before each workout on the treadmill, although I keep it to a brisk walk as I want to minimize the impact factor on my knees due to all the squats in my regimen.

3) Lastly comes the supplementation that I believe will help me achieve what I'm looking for.

1) Anabolic Pump - USPlabs: I have 2 bottles (thanks to the NP sale), and I started it two weeks ago. I will continue to run this until it disappears, and may even buy more to finish off the 3 month log. This is a favorite of mine as it has already been helping with strength endurance during my workouts.

2) Forskolin Root (i.e. Forslean): I bought this in bulk when I missed the inner circle release of Bolic, as I felt it has promise. The bulk material I bought is 20% active, in other words I am getting 25 mg of active per dose of 125 mg of powder. This I started late last week and have been dosing at 1 pill (25mg active) per day with meal 2. I will continue this for the three month recomp as this is the product that I am basing the recomp around. If I don't have any issues by the end of week 1 of the log, I will up the dosage to 2 pills per day.

3) There are some LG Sciences products that will be added once I receive my package, hopefully this week. I will update this portion once they arrive.

4) Multi-vitamin: Once daily
Fish Oil: 4 grams daily, split into two dosages. (When I dose any higher I get extremely oily skin)

So there you have it. The lengthy post, giving you the detailed background behind this new log. And to think you were wondering why someone would stack Fig Newtons with Triscuits...well because they're both delicious of course!

I will follow up tonight with measurements, weigh in from Day 1 in the gym. The pictures will hopefully follow in the next day or two depending on how willing to cooperate my computer is.

The products I am logging during this time will be:

Anabolic Pump - USPlabs
Forslean
Cold Fusion - LG Sciences
MMv2 - LG Sciences
I-GH-1 - LG Sciences

Measurements:

Shoulders: 46.5"
Chest (across the nipples): 40"
R Arm (flexed): 14"
L Arm (flexed): 14"
Waist (belly button): 33"
R Thigh: 23"
L Thigh: 23"
R Calf: 13.5"
L Calf: 13.5"
Pictures will follow in a day or two

Welcome and let the Body Recomposition begin!

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Good workout today in the gym. It helped that I was a little pissed off that it took 15 minutes of circling the parking lot like a vulture to get a spot.

Squats: 100x5, 125x5, 150x5, 175x5, 200x5

Bench: 85x5, 105x5, 130x5, 150x5, 170x5

Row: 85x5, 105x5, 125x5, 145x5, 165x5

Hypers: 25x8, 25x8

Didn't get a chance to get my weighted situps in as I was already running late and had to get back to work. (I was almost late for my afternoon meeting)

What I've noticed since starting the AP is an endurance that seems to never go away. I feel just as strong at the end of my workouts as I do at the beginning. Which for me is a huge plus, as I'm not that strong to begin with...so any and all additional weight that I can put up is that much closer to getting stronger and bigger.

So far I haven't noticed anything from the Forskolin root. Although I haven't read of any noticeable "sides" other than the super dumps, and I haven't had that.

Weight: 175 lbs

I'll update the initial post tonight with measurements and such.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

No workout today, its an off day. However, last night I received my shipment of of LG Sciences products. So I started dosing I-GH-1 at 4 pills 30 minutes before bed. Had a pretty good sleep overall, but thats typical for me. I also started dosing my MMv2 this morning. Will start this week with one pill with breakfast, and one pill post workout to get an even split time-wise. Then I will work up to three next week, 4 the following, so on so forth. Cold Fusion was a pleasant surprise today, as it was a lightly flavored fruity taste that wasn't overpowering, but completely masked the taste of any of the ingredients. I'm completely stoked to be trying MMv2 for the first time. I have pictures from last night, I'm just have problems resizing them to 800x800. But hopefully I'll have them resized and up tonight.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Today's workout was incredible. The focus, intensity, and strength I had were nuts. Halfway through my workout I was tempted to start raising the weights, but decided to stick to the program. So instead of raising the weights I reduced my rest periods and still blasted through with no issues.

Squats: 100x5, 125x5, 150x5, 150x5

Incline Bench: 95x5, 115x5, 130x5, 150x5

Deadlifts: 170x5, 200x5, 235x5, 270x5

Leg Raises: BWx20, BWx12

I definitely felt the Cold Fusion today, as my core temperature was a little higher, sweating was increased, vascularity a little more pronounced and the BA tingles were with me all workout long. Is definitely a good pre-workout drink for me as I'm very sensitive to pre-workout drinks with heavy stims.

Its too early to judge whether the MMv2 is working although I like to believe that the increased intensity and strength are related, its probably placebo this early on.

I have some sad news...I weighed in today at the gym because I had to after a workout like that (hoping to see a magical increase in weight, even though I know I won't) and dun dun dun...170lbs even. Nothing on but boxers and socks. So somehow I've lost weight since 1.5 weeks ago when I weighed in at 175. This is beyond my comprehension as I've slightly increased calories.

So I've slightly altered the diet above in blue to show changes that I'm making to push towards an increase in lbm. The two meals highlighted in green have been shifted since my workout time was pushed to earlier, because I refuse to wait 15 minutes for a parking space.

Another night of restful sleep using the I-GH-1 at 4 caps before bed (approx. 45 minutes pre-bed). We'll see how that goes.

Anyone know of a good picture editor? I can't seem to resize the photos to 800x800 for the board. I have Kodak EasyShare that came with the camera but it leaves a lot to be wanted.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Not much to note. Its an off day for me. I've decided to increase calories to around 3500 roughly. I'm intent on putting some lbm back on, because I feel it was easier to stay lean when I was larger. On a side note I may start using wrist straps for my final set of deads on wednesday and for my final heavy set of rows on friday.

I'm just going to post the pictures as is tonight, and if they're too large maybe someone else can resize them for me.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Good workout today again. Intensity and focus were good, pounded through my target weights. Sweating was definitely more pronounced than it normally is, and I had a cheat meal for lunch before I went to the gym (half a sub, and a piece of pizza for a retirement party). I'm still feeling like the lighter sets aren't doing much for me, however, I'm dedicated to sticking with this 5x5 program. So during these light sets, I'm making the negative very slow, pausing at the bottom, and exploding up while REALLY focusing on feeling the muscle in question. I think this is helping both my form and my mind-muscle connection.

Squats: 100x5, 125x5, 150x5, 175x5, 205x3, 150x8

Bench: 85x5, 110x5, 130x5, 150x5, 175x3, 130x8

Rows: 85x5, 105x5, 125x5, 145x5 175x3, 125x8

Incline DB Curls: 30x8, 30x6, 25x8

Tricep Pushdowns: 60x8, 70x8, 70x8

AP - Is really giving me a full feeling in all my muscles throughout the day, which is a great feeling. It's also keeping me VERY regular...like you really wanted to know.

Forslean - Haven't seen anything yet, but thats why I'm taking it for the three months. I'm looking for long term results

MMv2 - Not sure what to think yet, its only been a few days at a low dosage. I'll up the dosage to 3 pills a day starting Monday.

Cold Fusion - I'm perspiring more during my workouts, and I feel a much fuller pump since I started taking CF.

I-GH-1 - Still deciding on this product, my sleep has been deep. I mean I get knocked out, but I haven't noticed any better energy upon waking. We'll have to see what happens over the next week.

Lastly my intensity has SKYROCKETED. I attribute 50% of this to the fact that I took pictures for this log...which I will post tonight, and I was immediately depressed at how far I've fallen. The other 50% to the MMv2 and Cold Fusion, because before these two supplements my intensity was high, but not nearly this high. So far so good. I'll weigh in again on Monday and see where we stand.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I can't remember exactly when that happened, but it was from someone at work who wasn't paying attention and barreled around the corner of a hallway and slammed into me. Go figure...

Here are some pictures from about a year ago. I was about 10-15 lbs heavier and I think you can tell I was broader and much thicker.

Attachments

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Maintenance level calories = 14-16 x Bodyweight

Maximum amount of calories you can cut from maintenance before you start losing muscle = 31 x LB's of Bodyfat. Subtract that from maintenance. So if you have 20 lb's of bodyfat, then you can cut 620 calories. At 3000 calories, you can go down to 2380 before worrying about losing LBM. Obviously this has to be tweaked slightly for optimum results, but it's a good baseline.

So if 3000 is maintenance, and you do enough exersize from lifting and cardio to burn another 500, and you end up eating 3000, you have a 500 calorie deficit (hopefully all coming from fat and not glycogen), and in 7 days you lose a lb of fat while retaining LBM.

Take your temperature in the morning before you wake up or move around. 98.7 is the average temperature, and for every 1 degree below that, your metabolism is depressed 10%.

Just me thinking out loud. Good luck.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

This weekend was fairly mundane, didn't do much other than get errands done and try to get much needed sleep. Continued dosing as I've outlined before and focused on getting in my required amount of calories, as I find I slack on the weekends. Sunday was much the same, although I had a cheat meal during the Super Bowl party I was at (2 Coors Lights, 2 pieces pizza, one brownie). Other than that, I've been sticking to a fairly strict diet. I have found however, that I am finding it harder and harder to consume the necessary calories, almost like my body isn't hungry. Any ideas on how to jump start this without resorting to a supplement like Grub-On?

Today's workout went well again. Hit all my target numbers. My knees are really starting to feel the squatting 3x/week. So for my knees I may sub out light squats on wednesday with lighter leg presses.

10 minutes on treadmill at 5.0% incline and 3.5 speed.

Squat: 105x5, 130x5, 155x5, 180x5, 205x5

Hammer Iso Bench: 90x5, 110x5, 130x5, 150x5, 180x5
(Did this because all the benches were taken)

Bent Over Rows: 85x5, 105x5, 125x5, 145x5, 175x5

Hyperextensions: BW+25x8, x8

I'm thinking about subbing out the bent over rows with some other form of upper back exercise that doesn't involve me standing with my knees bent. Because when you think about it, every exercise I'm doing other than bench is taxing my knees. And the last thing I want is to trash my knees.

I'm still feeling that fullness to my muscles, I've also noticed an increase in aggression and libido, which I attribute to the MMv2. I'll be increasing the dosage of MMv2 to 3/day starting today. Other than that, the Cold Fusion gives me the BA tingles, which I enjoy. It also seems that since I've started taking it the mind-muscle connection has become easier for me. I've noticed that when I'm concentrating on a particular muscle group that is being worked and really focus on the contraction the BA tingles help me know that I'm working it. So this is a bonus for me as I'm really focusing on that connection and general form with the lighter weights in the first 4 sets.

I will also increase the forskolin dosage to 2/day (50mg active/day). And I continue to dose the AP like I have been for the past two weeks.

Weight: 174 (+4) lbs (I attribute this partially to weight fluctuation, so I'm going to invest in a home scale this week to keep better track)

Lastly I've increased calories again and aiming more for a lean bulk to get back up into the 180-185 range. Then as it warms in the next month or two I'll add morning fasted HIIT cardio.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Workout today was intense. I also forgot my training logbook, which resulted in my doing the weights that I "thought" I was on track to do. Turns out, I was close enough with my guestimates. I mentioned during day 8 of this log that now that I'm on week four of the 5x5, my knees are starting to bother me. Not a painful feeling, but more of a stiffness. So I opted out of squats today and substituted leg press. It was light leg day anyways. I also used my 10 minute warmup to do some HIIT cardio instead of just a slow walk. I'm hoping to increase this to 10-15 minutes of HIIT cardio before each lift, as it really increased my heart rate and the amount I sweated throughout the workout.

11 minutes HIIT Cardio at 2.5% grade.

Weighted Crunches (machine): 50x10, 60x10, 70x10

Incline Bench: 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 160x5

Leg Press: 1 plate/sidex10, 2 p/sx5, 2 p/sx5, 3 p/sx5 (stayed with lighter weight to test out the feeling in my knees)

Deadlifts: 185x5, 215x5, 245x5, 275x5 (last set used straps)

Now on to the products:

AP - I've continued dosing at 3/day before each major carb meal. And my muscles have continued to feel "full" and dense. Not sure if this is the "pump" some people speak of.

Forslean - I've increased dosage to 2/day split mid-day and evening.

MMv2 - I've increased dosage to 3/day split 1 w/ breakfast, 2 preworkout. I've noticed an increase in focus and aggression dosing 2 preworkout this week. I've also seen a large boost in libido, as before MMv2 I was starting to get worried because I just wasn't feeling horny at all. I believe this was due to stress (lot going on right now), but since starting the MMv2 its shot through the roof. And since the little lady lives 1.5 hours away, the internet has become my best friend. I haven't noticed any drastic strength increases, but thats because I'm sticking to the 5x5 schedule. And so far, I've not hit a brick wall. In fact I've fairly easily destroyed all of my weight targets so far. So far, so good...me likes...

Cold Fusion - I like this preworkout. I've only been dosing it (2 scoops) pre-workout and not at all on non-workout days. I feel this is the product increasing my temperature while in the gym.

I-GH-1 - I have discontinued this product for the moment, as I wasn't seeing anything beneficial. Nothing good or bad to report...just no effects. Perhaps I'm not waiting long enough.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tight knees may be from the MMV2? I can't wait to try this stuff in the summer :D

I'm almost done with my I-GH-1 and will take a little while off of it. The first few doses seemed to be working well but nothing much as of late. I think it may have been because I was doing Bulk1-Carboxy for about 6 weeks proir to the I-GH-1. I'll give it another go in 2-3 weeks

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

I can't begin to describe how easy I'm tearing through these workouts. I've even begun to add a little weight here and there and nothing is slowing me down. I know there are a lot of nay-sayers out there about MMv2 being just DHEA, but I've taken DHEA before during PCT and it didnt do this for me. I have also increased my daily intake of fish oil and my knees are thanking me. I've also subbed some of the exercises this week with lifts that don't stress my knees as much.

12 minutes HIIT cardio at 2.5% incline

Bench: 100x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 180x3, 135x8

Squats: 100x5, 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 210x3, 155x8

Rows (see picture): 45x5, 65x5, 85x5, 115x5, 140x3, 85x8

Packenwood BB curls (inside joke): 45x10, 65x8, 75x8, 45x21

Pushdowns: 70x8, 80x8, 90x5, 70x8

A good heavy day. Felt some awesome pumps, although thats not what I'm aiming for as I don't feel pumps are worth anything other than looking at yourself in the mirror. Strength is way up and I didnt even get my target calories in today. I'll weigh in on Monday and see if I've continued to gain. Odd thing happened today, when I was doing the HIIT cardio I got the BA tingles in my thighs, glutes, and face. I normally just feel it in my cheeks and ears, go figure. Felt awesome, as I've now passed my starting 5 rep maxes. Onward and upward gents.

Attachments

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Had a case of the Monday's, so I wasn't all that excited to workout today. I'm slowly getting disillusioned with this 5x5 program as I feel the rest of my body is suffering due to lack of attention. I'm going to stick with it for the next two weeks and see how I feel after that.

Weigh in today: 175 lbs (+5)

10 Minutes HIIT cardio at 2.5% interval

Squats: 105x5, 130x5, 155x5, 185x5, 210x5

Bench: 90x5, 110x5, 135x5, 160x5, 180x5

Rows (same machine as Day 12 - close grip): 70x5, 85x5, 100x5, 105x5, 130x5

Hypers: BW+35x8, x8

Weighted Machine Crunches: 50x8, 60x8, 80x8, 90x8

I noticed this past friday that when I did bicep curls and pushdowns, they were weaker than when I started the 5x5 program. I'm afraid I'm going to find the same thing for shoulders as well. I'll finish up this week of 5x5, and I'll be out of country for part of next week. So I'll miss my normal workout Monday. I'll also get back late Wednesday, but I'll try to get to the gym Wednesday night. I'm also hoping that the hotel has a weight room, otherwise its bodyweight exercises in my room.

I'm thinking if I switch, switching to a medium rep range hypertrophy specific routine. I'm thinking perhaps Max-OT or even just my own routine.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in my friend! You can definately get back to where you were bro! Nice log as well btw!

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Nice log! Keep it up brother and youll gain the muscle back, plus some! When it comes to cheat meals on your diet, do you just eat like 1 meal every now and then or is it a planed day?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I typically hold off until the weekends for a cheat meal, as I tend to go out to dinner once every other weekend. Although I consider any meal that I didn't make myself a cheat meal. So even if I go out and have a chicken breast, with rice and veggies, its considered a cheat meal due to the fact that I don't know how they prepared it (i.e. excess oil/butter/fat). Occasionally I'll have my cheat meal during the week if I have a business lunch, but for the most part I save it for a saturday or a sunday.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Short and sweet. Workout was pretty good today. My roof in my apartment is leaking lots of water...again...for the third time in 4 months. Called the landlady and she's having the roofers come out...for the third time. Maybe they'll fix it this time. Luckily its not hurting any of my stuff...just her apartment! :twisted:

10 Minutes HIIT cardio at 3.0% incline

Leg Press: 90x5, 180x5, 270x5, 360x5 (light squat day but I've subbed in light leg press to save my knees)

Incline BB Bench: 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 160x4 (tried a different seat arrangement, and it put more stress on my shoulders. And made the workout harder. Will switch back.)

Deadlifts: 175x5, 210x5, 250x5, 280x5 (really concentrated on a 3-4 sec negative on the last set...nearly passed out and nearly threw up at the same time...SWEET)

Incline Abs (twisting to a side on each rep): BWx16, BWx16

The increases in strength are still coming, but they are slowing. Getting more and more difficult. But I'm still beating all my 5 rep maxes from the week before. Vascularity has increased significantly, and so has endurance. I'm liking this stack...although I found out not to take my Forskolin on an empty stomach :dump:

I'm really going to goes balls to the wall Friday, as I'll be leaving the country to go to the Netherlands from Saturday to Wednesday. Already have whey protein packed and going to buy some MRP bars for the trip.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 25

Back from my trip to the Netherlands. In short, it was a pretty cool place. Although I was rather disappointed in the Red Light District...I thought prostitutes would be better looking :think:.

Workout Friday was pretty intense, I don't have the numbers off hand as I was rushing to get ready for the trip afterwards. During the trip, I didn't have much time to exercise as we were working from 7am-Midnight both Monday and Tuesday, but I was able to get in some bodyweight exercises upon waking, and just before bed. The hotels I stayed in had gyms, but by the time I got back to the hotel they were closed. On a side note, Dutch women are tall and hot.

As far as the diet goes, I maintained a fairly decent diet. I was able to take protein bars to eat during out meetings. The lunches provided were rather weak...a sandwich with two slices of deli meat and a cup of soup along with a piece of fruit. Probably why they are all so skinny. Dinner I loaded up with fish or steak or turkey along with veggies and rice or potato. I also was rather spotty on my dosings but I feel that I got most of them in. So diet was far from perfect but I feel reasonable about how I got in my calories. I also tried snails for the first time, and they were tasty.

As a point to *****, thank god for the US govt /sarcasm. They broke open the lock on my bag and destroyed my pill case. Yes thats right, they didn't take any of my supps...just destroyed the pill case so they were all over my suitcase. And then they neatly packaged my destroyed lock in Homeland Security Tape and placed it back in my suitcase. Gotta love it.

I will finish up the 5x5 program tomorrow, and then switch to a 4day/week program focused on slightly higher reps. I will also start to include more HIIT cardio into the program as this will be the end of the first month and the beginning of month two of the log. I will also weigh in tomorrow to give an idea of what these past few days of travel did to my body. Oh yeah, I'm sick, but who isn't. So I won't let that stop my from lifting tomorrow.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 32

Sorry for the lack of posts, its been crazy the last few days. To give you general overview, I hit Atlantic City up over the weekend...diet was crap. Went out to dinner sunday with the gf's parents...diet was crap. Was in work related training from 7 am -9pm Monday and 7am - 6pm Tuesday...diet was crap, no training. So in short I'm getting back on track. The 5x5 program is toast, and I'm going to move to a lighter 4 day/week split. I'm going to increase my HIIT cardio to 15-20 minutes at the beginning of each workout. I'm also going to use Wednesday as my rest day mid-week. And by rest day I'll just go to the gym to do 20-25 minutes of HIIT cardio and some bodyweight exercises.

I've also started Brazilian Jujitsu as of last night. I'll be doing this on the order of 3-5 nights a week. I've only had one class (in which I was destroyed more times than I can count) and I love it. So in short order, I'm adding a Jujitsu workout in the evening after my lunch time workout.

Diet will be drawn back into check as of today. I've finished the MMv2 and will be starting Formadrol Extreme tomorrow. I'm also going to add in a bottle of RPN's Gut Health.

So for the next month my dosing will be as follows:

Formadrol Extreme: 3/day
AP: Continuing at 3/day
Forslean: 4/day (ie 100 mg active total)
Gut Health: Daily
Multi: 1/day
Fish Oil: 3g/day

Around day 45-50, I'll post up halfway pictures to show progress, and I'll keep the log going until the 90 days is up.

As far as the 4day/week split goes I was thinking:

Monday: Legs/abs
Tuesday: Chest/biceps/calves
Wednesday: Partial Rest Day (HIIT cardio, BW exercises)
Thursday: Back/triceps/abs
Friday: Shoulders/traps/calves
Sat/Sun: Rest Days (Light cardio bc the gf likes to jog)

My only question is that I'd really like to tailor my workout to build the necessary strength and power I'll need to assist in jujitsu. Anyone have some good stuff I can take a look at? Or some advice on that subject?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 33

Nothing new, continuing dosing as explained in Day 32. Missed the gym today, as getting my taxes done during lunch took more than my lunch time :rasp:

Had Brazilian JiuJitsu last night for about an hour than just rolled with some of the guys for 30 minutes testing out my flexibility and the new things I'm learning.

So much to do, so little time.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. Probably not the best choice of words, lol :run:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what happens if you get demoted from cookie maker right?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:lol: Glad to see you back Nabi! Wondered where you went!

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 34

Weighed in today at the gym. 173 lbs in boxers. I haven't noticed a decrease in size, actually I look slightly fuller/bigger. I also haven't noticed a big reduction in fat. And I've actually been consuming more water this week than previously. I'm suffering through the backhanded comments about carrying a gallon jug of water around at work by the out of shape couch jockeys with good grace. I ordered two large containers of Xtend from Nutra along with my monthly bar of Java Soap and a small tub of protein powder to hold me over.

So I've been putting 4 scoops xtend in 1 gallon of water and sipping over the work day. I decided this was necessary for hydration and anti-catabolism due to working out at lunch and then training jiujitsu in the evenings. So the important thing to note is that I believe the recomp is going well even with the slip up in diet due to overseas travel. I'm really going to buckle down over the next two weeks and then post the pictures and measurements for opinions.

Today's workout Shoulders/traps/calves

15 Minutes of HIIT cardio, 3% grade, 1min 4mph walk, 1.5 min 9mph run, repeat (9mph is 6:40 min mile, so not sprinting, but running fast)

DB Shoulder Press: 40x12, 50x10, 60x4 (I knew 5x5 was letting my shoulders lag damn it)

Bent over rear lat raises: 20x12, 20x12, 25x10

Standing upright rows: Ezbar+20x12, +40x10, +40x10

Behind back standing shrugs: 135x15, 185x15, 185x15 (with very slow negatives and a 3-4 sec pause at the top)

Standing calf machine: 45x20, 45x5x5x5 (toes straight, out, then in), 90x10

I'll be taking the weekend to relax, although I'll probably get a 3 mile walk/run in Saturday morning with the gf. Peace out gents, until next week!

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 37

I don't know how to explain how today's lift felt other than heavy and hard...but it wasn't heavy weight. I felt extremely slow and lethargic during the entire workout. I had to cut the 15 minutes of HIIT to 10 minutes because I was struggling. I only got 205 for 4 on squats, which is piss poor. Overall an incredibly crappy day in the gym.

Weight: 173 lbs

Workout Legs/abs

10 minutes HIIT cardio at 3.0% incline

Squats: 135x10, 185x8, 205x4, 135x12

Leg Curls: 110x12, 130x10, 130x9

Hanging Leg Raises: x10, x10, x7

Leg Press: 180x15, 180x12, quit

Crunches: frontx20, sidex10, other sidex10, frontx10 (one long set)

I just figured out how to classify today's workout...FAIL. Here's to hoping that I have a better workout tomorrow. I'm also a little angry that weight hasn't budged in nearly two weeks. Intensity is about to go through the roof, as I'm completely pissed off.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 38

I was fired up from yesterday's lackluster performance. So I took a step back, revisited my past lifting experience and asked myself what worked best for me. So I proceeded to make a ****load of rice, chicken breasts, and green beans. And am now eating a decent breakfast, 4-6 egg whites, 1-2 whole eggs, and either wheat toast or honey nut cheerios (my gf likes them and leaves them at my place, so they get eaten), and from that point on my second meal at 9-9:30 is chicken, rice, veggies. My workout is at 11, then my post workout meal is lean ground beef, rice, and veggies. I am currently munching on a banana and a handful of almonds ~22. Then I have a shake of whey/casein and ground up oats that I'll slam a little after 5 since I have jiujitsu at 6pm. I'll finish up with a meal of....you guessed it...chicken,rice, and veggies at about 8pm.

The goal this week is to shock the system. So the program is unorthodox...its do what I feel like all week.

Workout today Chest/biceps/calves:

Walked at 3.0% incline for 10 minutes (due to DOMS on my legs)

Superset: DB flat bench/ db flys
60x12/25x12, 60x8/25x8, 60x4/25x6-failure

BB Incline Bench:
135x4, 115x7, 95x9-failure

Standing BB curls:
warmup (barx10), 65x12, 75x8, 65x10-failure

Seated Curls (on incline bench):
25x10, 20x10, 20x6-failure

Hammer Curls (dropset):
25x11, 20x9, 15x14, 10x13-failure

Seated Calf Raises:
45x15, 90x10, 115x8

Got a good stretch in, chest feels destroyed, as do biceps. My metabolism has been on fire all day long, I'm constantly warm, my stomach constantly growls, and I've been drinking my gallon of water with 4 scoops of Xtend all day. I can't wait for jiujitsu tonight, but I can barely lift my arms.

:cheers:

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Day 39

Rest day, stayed out of the gym due to DOMS and added soreness from Jiujitsu. I got to spar tonight with a guy whose had a few more classes than me but is pretty much the same weight. We were pretty well matched, him being more experienced...me being stronger. So he had me on the ground, but I had guard on him and he was laying on my shoulders/head to keep me down. And grabbed my one bicep to immobilize my arm (see picture below) and tried to get a forearm across my throat to choke me out. But the idiot is on top of me with all his weight. So instead he just keeps jamming his fist into my jaw, harder and harder, and twisting it around. So in other words, my jaw hurts like a mother at this point and I got pissed. So I escaped, rolled him, mounted him, and then put him in an arm bar. Which is my first sparring win. :cheers:

But I can already tell my jaw is going to lock up tomorrow...that was some punishment. Give me another week or two and I'll destroy him, man that pissed me off. Its just practice, no point in breaking a man's jaw or tearing off his bicep.

Attachments