Starting the metabolic diet

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Hello All,

I just got done reading the 'The Metabolic Diet' by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale and figured I would start a log to track my progress as well as gain some insight from others who have used this diet before.

My stats are; 25 years old, lifting for about 3 years, 215-220lbs, 5'7, probably 20% b/f.

Im trying to lose the weight that I put on at college from boozing basically everyday and eating hotpockets for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I will be doing a 5 day split:

Monday - Legs and calves
Tuesday - off because of night class ( trying to go back and work on an MBA )
Wednesday - Chest and abs
Thursday - Back and calves
Friday - Shoulders and traps
Saturday - Tri's/Bi's
Sunday - off

I have had decent success while trying to cut over the last 8 weeks keeping my rep range around 3-7 ( mostly 5 ). I've tried to focus my workouts around olympic style lifts ( squats, flat bench, deadlifts, clean and presses ) so I plan on continuing this while on this diet.

My current supps are:
Multi 2 daily ( morning then post workout )
Fish Oil 20g daily( was only dosing 10 caps previously )
DCP 6 caps daily
ALA x300mg 30minutes before meals
CLA - 6g's daily
GTE - 6 caps daily ( from Nutra )
ZMT - 1 cap ( bulk caps from Nutra )
Whey Isolate - the walmart brand but most likely picking up some Iso-Pure ZERO-CARB soon
ECA - 25mg/200mg/81mg ( only for the next 2 weeks then I plan on cycling off for a couple of months since I have been cycling for the last 8 weeks, just dont want to over do it here )
I have some yohimbie, should I start taking that or wait? What kind of dosage?
In 4 weeks I was thinking about trying Jungle Warefare or Powerfull, I'd like to get back the strength I lost while trying to diet - not sure but any thoughts or other ideas will be appreciated

I'll post my diet and workout tomorrow evening when I get home from the gym and eat dinner. Thanks all

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

So today was my first day carb cycling and it honestly was not as painful as I thought it would be. I had been cutting the amount of carbs I consumed over the last couple of weeks in anticipation of this diet.

So here's what my meals today looked like:

Meal 1: 4 ggs, 4 strips of bacon, and 1 tblspn of EVOO

Meal 2: 1 Colby Chz stick

Meal 3: 8oz steak, 1 tblspn of EVOO, 1/4 cup of Chedder, and a cup of mixed veggies ( broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots - will be cutting carrots next time i go shopping )

Meal 4: 2 cups of romaine lettuce, 1 cup of spinach, 1/3 cup of carrots, 1/4 cup of shredded chedder, 2 tblspns of south beach diet Ranch dressing

Immediately Post Workout: Protein Shake with 1 tblspn of EVOO

Meal 5: 8oz steak, 1 tblspn of EVOO, 1 cup of mixed veggies ( same as earlier ), 1/4 cup of Shredded Chedder

Meal 6: ( yet to eat it yet but prepared it already ) 2 medium celery stalks with natty PB with extra Omega 3.

grams cals %total
Total: ------ 3053
Fat: ---228--2050--68%
Sat:---77---692---23%
Poly:---23---204---7%
Mono:-109--981---33%
Carbs:---47--126----4%
Fiber:---16---0-----0%
Protein:-210--841----28%

TTL Kal: 3053
Fat: 68%
Protein: 28%
Carbs: 4% ( 31g )

Supps:

2 multi vitamins
20 caps of Fish Oil
8 caps of DCP ( 2 pills, 4x )
1.5g of GTE
6g of CLA
900mg of ALA
ECA - 25/200/81 - twice

Today was leg/calf/abs day:
Squats - 10/8/6/4 - 2 warm up sets
Lunges - 8 reps each leg - 3 sets
SLDL - 6 reps - 3 sets
Leg extensions - 8 reps - 3 sets

Standing calf raise 8reps/3sets
-superset-
Seated calf raise 12reps/3 sets

I almost always do a circut when I do abs because I hate doing them; knee raises, hyper-X, crunchs on swiss ball, bridge on swiss ball.

I felt pretty good moving through my whole workout ( I usually move pretty quickly through legs ) but by the time I came to begin abs I thought I was going to throw up. Any else feel this way when they started carb cycling?

I wont be able to work out tomorrow because of a night class that im taking so tonight will take a little bit more prep since I'll be on the go from 7am-9pm tomorrow :aargh:

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

I think im staying pretty much on track, maybe to many fats?? I sort of had a headache today but it could be the fact that i had 4 cups of coffee today and 400mg of C from the ECA stack. This is way more than I usually intake so I am going to attribute this to that.

Kind of craving carbs and wish I could cheat a little bit but not going to during the initial phase here. I still think I am going to try for the 12 day high fat/pro diet and on the 13th and 14th days I will carb load.

I am thinking that since I am going 12 days w/ 30g of carbs i'll carb load for 2 days but after the intial phase I am going to shoot a 24hr refeed, any thoughts on this? Do you think I should stay with 2 day refeeds and then cut it down to 24 hour refeeds if i dont get good results?

grams cals %total
Total: 2771
Fat:----191--1720--62%
Sat:---66---590---21%
Poly:--20---184----7%
Mono:-88---790---28%
Carbs:--38---121----4%
Fiber:--8-----0-----0%
Protein:-238--951---34%

Meal 1: 4 strips of bacon/ 4 whole eggs / 1 tblspn EVOO

Meal 2: Colby chz stick / protein shake / 1 tblspn of EVOO

Meal 3: 10oz steak / 1 tblspn EVOO / 1 cup mixed veggies / 1/4 cup chz

Meal 4: 1 cup spinach / 2 cups romaine lettuce / 2 tblspn ranch dressing / 1/4 cup ch / 1 small ckn breast

Meal 5: 2 tblspn PB / 2 medium length celery stalks / 1 tblspn EVOO / 2 scoops whey isolate

Plus 4 non-dairy creamers - 1 carb each

Supps today:

2 multi's
20g Fish Oil
8 caps DCP
1g GTE
900mg ALA
6g CLA
1 ZMT nutracap
ECA 25/200/81 twice

I've been good about keeping my net CHO intake to right about 30g the first couple of days, my fats seem to be pushing just over 60% ( should my saturated be this high? ) but I remember hearing some ppl on the board say that they done fine which maintaining this higher level of fat intake. I hit 238g of protein today and I was sort of shooting for 1g of protein for every pound of body weight, I am looking to cut and thought this would be ok since im not looking to bulk ( but would not mind LBM ).

I couldnt get to the gym today because of my night class to I cut my calories by about 300-400 calories less than normal, I'll be back at the gym tomorrow to hammer out some chest. I'll post my workout and let you all know how i feel on day 3.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
subbed. hey are you just taking the EVOO right from the tblspn or are you putting it on your food

JDF

Awards
  • Established
subbed. hey are you just taking the EVOO right from the tblspn or are you putting it on your food
I usually add it in with my food, especially when im cooking.

I left it out of my Eggs this morning and also out of my first Pro. shake so we'll see what kind of %'s I have tonight. I figured I'd do a little playing early to try and get closer to that 50% fat mark.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
try increasing your water intake to help the headaches.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

ZDawg

Awards
Good Luck JDF . Ill be keeping a close eye on your progress to motivate me so dont let us down :box:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add a fiber supplement if you can. Diet looks excellent. For the carb load it is anywhere between 10-48 hours. When you start feeling bloated and like your gonna put on fat it is time to go back to the lower carb portion of the diet. You can use Pslin or anabolic pump on your carb load to make it more effiencient and be able to eat more carbs without worry. Remember the important thing during the assesment phase is to keep fat high. 40% at the lowest. Your percentages are right on track so just keep on keepin on.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Arrgghh....I had a headache all day today and felt VERY moody! I tried to drink more water today ( no lie I have been pee'ing twice and hour all day ) and the headache didn't go away but I am thinking that maybe its the lack or carbs? I really want to give in and just eat a pretzel or something, just 1. I have not given in and have pushed forward all though, my diet looked like this today:

Meal 1: 4 Eggs / 5 medium strips of bacon

Meal 2: Protein Shake / 2 oz Chedder Chz

Meal 3: 1 cup mixed veggies / 1 tblspn EVOO / 1/4 cup Chedder / 7oz Steak

Meal 4: 2 cups romaine lettuce / 1 cup spinach / 1/4 cup chedder chz / 2 tblspn ranch dressing

Post WO: 1 scoop whey

Meal 5: ( 1 hour later ) 7oz Pork Chop / 1 cup mixed veggies / 1 tblspn EVOO / 1/4 cup chedder

Meal 6: 2oz Pepperoni / 2 oz chedder chz / 1 scoop whey / 1 tblspn EVOO - I was still super hungry after my 5th meal so tomorrow night im going to eat a larger meat portion of my meal

The Break down is:

grams cals %total
Total: 3383
Fat:-254---2283---67%
Sat:-98---886----26%
Poly:30----272-----8%
Mono:90--809----24%
Carbs:-33--105------3%
Fiber: 7 0 0%
Protein:254-1017----30%

Today I was under the 30g target for my carbs ( 24net carbs ) which I think is ok because I was a gram or 2 over the last couple of days ( plus I imagine 1 or 2 grams is not a HUGE deal ). I also upped my protein intake a little bit while cutting out a serving or 2 of EVOO which could explain why I was a little bit hungrier throughout the day.

CHEST DAY:

Some old guy was on the flat bench today and he honestly must have done 15 sets :twisted: ( my gym sucks and only has 1 flat BB bench )

I was extremely pissed but not a huge deal I guess I just moved over to a flat bench and used DB's. Felt extremely weak here and just did not seem to have any endurance for the last couple of reps; 3 sets ( with 2 warm up sets ) 10/8/4

I moved on to some bodyweight dips then since all the benches were still being used I moved over to a hammer strength decline bench machine and did 3 sets of 10.

From here I moved on to 3 sets of incline flyes ( 10 reps ) and then over to 3 sets of 10 reps on the cable flyes.

I finished off my workout with some hammer strength incline presses, 3 sets of 12 reps.

I say I didnt have any endurance today but I really moved through the workout today, i was done w/in a half an hour today! I finished so quick I decided to do an ab circut, after I was done with abs i was pretty much whiped out and sweating like a maniac.

I guess im just kind of all over today because I've had a headache and havent felt like doing much but I want to keep up with my log so that I can keep up my motivation to stay on this diet.

Same supps as yesterday with same time/amounts:
Multi
Fish Oil
DCP
ALA
CLA
ZMT
GTE
ECA

Also, thanks all who replied and have been following so far. This gives me that much more motivation to get that 'Beach Bod' :bb2:

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Add a fiber supplement if you can. Diet looks excellent. For the carb load it is anywhere between 10-48 hours. When you start feeling bloated and like your gonna put on fat it is time to go back to the lower carb portion of the diet. You can use Pslin or anabolic pump on your carb load to make it more effiencient and be able to eat more carbs without worry. Remember the important thing during the assesment phase is to keep fat high. 40% at the lowest. Your percentages are right on track so just keep on keepin on.

I thought Pslin was an NO booster but then again I never really did much reading on it. Why would I want to add this for only 1-2 days a week ( not calling you out just curious )?

I was thinking about taking either Powerfull or Junglewarfare, basically something to help me get back the strength that i lost from the previous 7 weeks of dieting. Any thoughts?

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Today actually went better than the previous 2 days, I didnt feel so cranky and aggrevated. I had a lot of issues to address at work today which helped to keep me busy and keep my mind off the fact that I wanted to eat basically anything with Carbs ( i think i want to so bad because i know im not supposed to ).

Todays meals looked like this:

Meal 1: 8oz Ham / 4 Eggs

Meal 2: 2 oz Chedder Chz / 1 cup coffee with 1 packet splenda and 1 non-dairy creamer

Meal 3: 7oz Pork Chop / 1 tblspn EVOO / 1 cup mixed veggies / 1/4 cup chedder / 1 cup sugar free jello

Meal 4: 2 cups romaine lettuce / 1 cup spinach / 2 tblspns ranch / 1/4 cup chedder / 1 whey protein shake

Post Workout: 1 scool whey and 1 tblspn EVOO

1 hour later: 14oz Pork Chops / 1 tblspn EVOO / 1/4 cup chedder

The break down was:

grams cals %total
Total: 3529
Fat: 264 2372 68%
Sat: 99 888 25%
Poly: 36 324 9%
Mono: 108 972 28%
Carbs: 29 98 3%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 259 1038 30%

Again today I think I got enough protein in, I think I will try and get an extra serving of veggies tomorrow because this is the second day in a fow that I was about a cup of mixed veggies below the 30g goal that I have.

Also, I added my fish oil caps into my totals today ( and yesterday ) which I forgot to do on the first couple of days.

Back Day:

I felt pretty good today before my workout, no headache and decent amount of energy so I started it off with Rack DL's. This was the first time i've ever done them and i really liked them, really felt the pump in more of my mid to upper back rather than right above my glute. I've lost some strength because of dieting the last 8-9 weeks but today I actually DL'd 455 3x's. Yes it was a rack dead and not off the floor but it was good for my self esteem which I really needed.

The rest of the workout looked like this:

Front Pulldowns: 3 sets/ 10 reps - really squeezed at the bottom
Underhand cable rows: 3 sets / 8 reps
Close grip barbell rows: 4 sets / 10-8-6-5 ( also a personal best; 5 plates for my last set )
Cable pulldowns ( palms facing me ): 3 sets / 8 reps

Supps:
2 multi
20 fish oil caps
8 DCP
900mg of ALA
6g CLA
1 ZMT cap
3 GTE caps
ECA

I really want to have a beer this weekend and gorge a little bit for the super bowl but im really going to try and stick this out for the full 12 days :aargh:

Im also going to be ordering some bulk fish oil caps from nutra in probably a week or so, are recommendations on what I should add while on this diet? or recommendation on a specific workout regimine while on this diet? Just looking for ideas here to switch some things up. Thanks all!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Pslin was an NO booster but then again I never really did much reading on it. Why would I want to add this for only 1-2 days a week ( not calling you out just curious )?

I was thinking about taking either Powerfull or Junglewarfare, basically something to help me get back the strength that i lost from the previous 7 weeks of dieting. Any thoughts?

Pslin will help you utilize carbs better. The diet also works to help utilize carbs better...You are more sensitive to insulin during carb ups. It also depends on the person though and how long you can stay on your carb up without adding extra fat. With Pslin you will be able to stay on carb up longer than you normally would without feeling bloated and uncomfortable(the point at which you should normally stop and go back to eating low-carb). The carb normally lasts between 10-48 hours. With Pslin you should be able to do the full 48 hours and not worry about gaining any fat(even if you go overboard and have too many snacks, treats, or cheats!).

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Thanks for the responses T-bone, i'll have to take a look into that!

I felt alright tonight even though it was the end of the week and I was tired from work and the new idea of carb cycling.

The diet looked like this:

Meal 1: 8oz ham and 3 eggs

Meal 2: 2oz chedder and 2 oz pepperoni

Meal 3: 10oz Steak ( for all of you that read the metabolic diet you know the part in the book where Dr. Pasquale talks about how his friend was rude and ordered just a steak and always needed to repeat himself to the waitresses, ya that happened when i went out to lunch here )

Meal 4: 2 cups romaine lettuce / 1 cup spinach / 1/4 cup chedder / 2tblspns ranch / 1 scoop whey

Post Workout: 1 scoop whey

Meal 5: 8oz steak / 1 tblspn EVOO / 1 cup mixed veggies / 1/4 cup chedder

The break down looks like this:

grams cals %total
Total: 3204
Fat: 237 2137 67%
Sat: 90 808 25%
Poly: 29 264 8%
Mono: 83 748 23%
Carbs: 28 92 3%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 242 967 30%

I've been closer to 20g of CHO the last 3 days and i've felt kind of tired, should I keep this low if I can deal with if to see better results or should I up my carbs? Im not sure which route to go because it is only day 5 of this diet.

Shoulder Day:

I usually start shoulders out with clean and presses, 1 warm up set then 3-5 working sets depending on how my body feels. I was actually somewhat strong today during my sets and did all 5 sets ( 5-5-4-3-3 )

Then i moved on to some reverse grip presses on the smythe machine - 3 sets / 10-8-8

upright rows - 3 sets / 8-8-8

side laterals on the cable machine ( I stand in front of the cable and let my arm go slightly behind my back to get a better ROM ) 3 sets / 10-10-10

behind the neck presses 3 sets / 10-8-8

reverse pec-deck -3 sets / 10 reps ( did one are @ a time )

BB shrugs - 3 sets / 10-8-6

DB shrugs - 3 sets / 10-10-10

Felt good and moved right through my sets ( almost faster than I wanted to since I was waiting for my buddy so we could play raquetball ).

I actually did some cardio tonight in the form of raquetball, i really hate doing cardio but I know its a necessary evil.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Decisions, decisions

I went to bed last night wondering if I would push my body and try to go for the 12 days before a refeed and yesterday I was pretty confident that I was not going to push it.

However, I woke up this morning and decided 'I hate being fat and refuse to quit at this point'

So i'll be making the 12 day trek, I took a couple of pics of myself like a day ago and I figured i'd post them to see where I stand in a couple of weeks.

try not to be to brutal but honesty would be nice too!

Attachments

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your doing very good at this point. Diet is really good. To me, you sound like you can make it the whole 12 days no problem. If you can't you can always raise carbs depending on how you feel. First start adding potasium supplements, then look at the flow chart in the book. Depending on how tired you feel I would add potasium supplementation first, and then go from there and decide whether or not to ad some carbs.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Your doing very good at this point. Diet is really good. To me, you sound like you can make it the whole 12 days no problem. If you can't you can always raise carbs depending on how you feel. First start adding potasium supplements, then look at the flow chart in the book. Depending on how tired you feel I would add potasium supplementation first, and then go from there and decide whether or not to ad some carbs.
Thanks for the support and advise bro, it honestly means a lot to me and a little support goes a long way when things get rough:thumbsup:

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
JDF hows the diet going. Having any gastrol or stomach problems? i tried to start AD on 1-29. 3 days in i started to get bad gas cramps, & pain in my kidney area. I was damn near on my way to the doc, got me nervious. Any issues like this?

proeliator

proeliator

Awards
Good work man, I actually started the AD on 28JAN08, so I believe I'm at about the same place as yourself.

Weekend was a little rough on me, was pretty tired and I really got a sense for making sure I'm eating often enough so I don't shut down.

Keep up the good work man, the dividends are nearing by the day

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Monday

Hey all,

Thanks to everyone else who has now joined our regularly scheduled program :blink:

I kept strong on the diet this weekend, I stayed about about 65% fats / 32% Pro / <3% CHO.

Took down about 3200 on saturday, felt pretty good while doing arms today and had ppl coming up to me at the gym telling me I look like I am leaning out while staying at a pretty good size.

I also had ALLLL sorts of energy today at the gym ( probably the ECA, I took it about an hour and half before lifting and I usually have to take it like 3-4 hours before lifting during the week ). I zipped right through my workout and then played some raquetball against some dude who completed waxed me :wtf: Im pretty good but this guy was pulling shots from no where, so kudos to him.

Sunday was a different story now. I stayed strong on the diet but it pissed me off that I didnt even have one beer/slice of pizza/plate of nachos ( Go Giants ). I cut my calories for sunday since I didnt do any lifting and only took in around 2200-2300 and only like 160g of protein. Next time I cut my kals like that I'll make sure to get aleast my body weight in g's of protein.

Here it is Monday afternoon, lunch time, and I am still on the diet and pushing forward. Seems to be getting easier and I have less and less cravings for Carbs or atleast its easier to handle then cravings.

Good luck to all of you guys who just started the diet as well, are you guys doing a log? If so then def. post the link so I can follow along with you to see how you all are progressing.

I am pretty sure that this will be my last week of ECA for a little bit since this is week 10 of cycling it on and off ( only 5 weeks on ). I am going to wait probably like 2-3 weeks then start the ALRI stack to see if I can recomp while on this diet as I hear so many people talk about. I was thinking about running it 8 weeks:

JW for wks 1-8
BAM for wks 1-4
ProA for wks 4-8

with week 4 being an overlap for BAM and ProA. Im still open to other options/stacks and plans for running this individual stack. Thanks all!!!

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Good work man, I actually started the AD on 28JAN08, so I believe I'm at about the same place as yourself.

Weekend was a little rough on me, was pretty tired and I really got a sense for making sure I'm eating often enough so I don't shut down.

Keep up the good work man, the dividends are nearing by the day
No gas issues or stomach pains, just headaches last week which have somewhat subsided.

I know what you mean about the dividends nearing, I can actually see where I was just not losing any of the fat on my hips and this morning I could def notice a difference which got me fired up about this diet!

Whats your workout regimine look like in comparison to mine?

Good luck to you too!!!

proeliator

proeliator

Awards
I'm starting a thread that I'll track my diet and workout log in as well, hopefully that will keep me a little more accountable :)

Glad to hear you're seeing results!

Let those notions of dietary fat being bad for us be d*mned!

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Monday

Good overall day today, the diet looked like this:

grams cals %total
Total: 3488
Fat: 268 2414 70%
Sat: 96 866 25%
Poly: 20 182 5%
Mono:114 1030 30%
Carbs: 35 105 3%
Fiber: 8 0 0%
Protein: 231 925 27%

I think the diet still looks pretty good, im looking to lean out so i've been trying to eat about 3000kals a day ( 215 x 14 )

I know I shouldn't really be worrying much during the inital 12 days and just focus on eating good but i do not want my actual goal to be put on the back burner.

Leg Day:

Hammered out legs today and felt pretty good, I took my ECA dose late today to try and take advantage of its energy for my workout.

Squats :squat: 1 warm up set then 4 sets / 10-8-6-4

Leg presses 4 sets / 10-8-6-4

SLDL 3 sets / 8 reps

leg extensions 3 sets / 8 reps
-superset-
Hammer curls 3 sets / varied reps ( just grabbed a weight an squeezed it as tight as i could at the top of every rep )

standing calf raise 3 sets / 10 reps
-superset-
dips 3 sets / 10 reps ( bodyweight )

Calf presses on leg press sleigh 3 sets / 8 reps
-superset-
seated calf raise 3 sets / 10 reps

I hammered right through my workout again today, I havent had more than 30g of carbs since LAST monday and i feel like my energy is still there, I might have done some hamstring curls if I felt like staying at the gym any longer but i had to go grocery shopping today

Overall a positive day and i felt pretty good here, I was thinking about starting my carb refeed friday night and going through saturday for a 36hr refeed. My family is going to a party and there's going to be lots of food and i know I wont eat right while im there. I've been way to good to not give i a little bit.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday

Felt sort of aggrevated all day but thats probably because of the giant tool that i work with who can not find his own work to do and constantly comes to me for guidance ( im not his boss ). I dont mind giving some guidance but jesus-C let me get my own work done!!

Anywho..

calls looked like this:

grams cals %total
Total: 2844
Fat: 210 1886 67%
Sat: 75 679 24%
Poly: 20 183 7 %
Mono: 95 858 31%
Carbs: 33 93 3%
Fiber: 10 0 0%
Protein: 206 823 29%

I've only been taking in around 20g of CHO everyday and im a little bit tired but not falling asleep tired, should I up my CHO intake or keep it here? I did chest tonigth and just didnt have the power or the endurance but then again i havent had over 30g of CHO in 9 days now. I seriously can't wait for my first carb refeed.

Super tired today so not going to write a book, couple of people came up to me tonight at the gym again and said I look like im leaning out :bb2: ( I wish i was shredded like that )

Put my order into Nutra for the ALRI stack and im going to go ahead with the recomp starting in probably march. I really want to get try and drop the b/f% before i do so since its still really high ( im guessing 20% )

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see you're keeping on the diet. Good luck with it; I might actually try this on a bulking phase although it might be hard. Right now I'm still enjoying my carbs and using my Yellowgold and being smart about my carbs.

Notice any libido boost from any extra test made by all those fats?

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
sounds good! i might try start this again next week. or go with a little higher carbs during the day. well i figured out the kidney thing. :thumbsup:

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Notice any libido boost from any extra test made by all those fats?

Its hard to tell because my girlfriend of 3+ years is 4 hours away at school right now so im pretty much humping walls as it is :blink:

I'm heading up to see her in 2 weeks so hopefully when i come back my test levels are completly depleted if you catch my drift

JDF

Awards
  • Established
todays diets breakdown looked like this:

grams cals %total
Total: 2982
Fat: 220 1976 67%
Sat: 74 667 23%
Poly: 21 193 7%
Mono:96 864 29%
Carbs: 41 109 4%
Fiber: 14 0 0%
Protein: 212 847 29%

I felt really good all day as I upped my carb intake ( post work out ) today to closer to 30g.

I usually take my first dose of ECA at 9am and the second dose at 2pm but I forgot the E pill at home ( only had the CA ) so I wasnt able to take the E until about 45minutes before my workout. Let me tell you, UNREAL. I had sweat pooooouuuring off of me, I repped out 425x2 tonight in my deadlift after 2 weeks of loosing strength ( 405x2 ).

I think im going to start taking my 2nd dose later in the day ( depending on how I sleep tonight since I dont work out till 6pm and usually go to bed at like 10:30 )

I seriously felt sooo freaking good today ( def the ECA ) but I had good strength and endurance especially for being so carb depleted ( 9 days w/out a refeed ).

I just hammered right through my workout tonight, boy I wish i always felt this good.

So far i am noticably leaner and I am becoming more vascular. I am hoping that after my refeed my metabolism really takes off and I see results even faster! So far i really love this diet, i mean come on now, i get to eat the fatty foods that i've been told for years are bad for me and basically steak for lunch or dinner ever night!!!

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

The diet breakdown looked like this:

grams cals %total
Total: 3001
Fat: 225 2025 69%
Sat: 77 693 23%
Poly: 26 233 8%
Mono: 104 940 32%
Carbs: 52 127 4%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 200 800 27%

Felt really good all day again and only felt slightly tired ( possibly due to being so carb depeleted ). I slept pretty good and didnt have much of an issue falling asleep last night even though I didnt take my last dose of ECA until 5pm. Since I was still able to sleep I took today's second dose at around 4pm so that I would have some real energy and stamina while at the gym.

Tonight was bi's/tri's and I broke a serious sweat from moving so quickly through my workout ( due to the ECA and 3 DCP pills I took about 30 PreWO ).

Started off with some skull crushers: 3 sets/10-8-6
close grip bench: 3 sets/ 8 reps
one arm ( cable ) reverse grip pulldown: 3 sets / 10 reps
V handle ( cable ) pressdown: 3 sets/ 12-10-8 + drop set
2 hand ( cable ) reverse grip pull down: 3 sets / 10 reps

then i moved on to bi's:
Hammer curls: 3 sets / 6 reps
Seated incline curls: 3 sets / 6 reps
Reverse grip curls: 3 sets / 10 reps
Concentration curls: 3 sets / 10 reps

My order just got shipped today from Nutra :bb2:

I got the ALRI stack + a bottle of JW, 1 bottle of restore, Xtend BCAA's, Zero Carb Protein, and 2 bags of bulk fish oil. I plan on doing a recomp while keeping up w/ the CKD eating habits. I plan on running DCP, ALA, ZMT, Multi, and CLA as well as the above supps.

This is my last week of running ECA then im going to give my body a few weeks off before running this stack. Im also hoping to really shed some b/f% during that time but we'll see how that goes.

When my 8 week run in with ALRI is over i am hoping to be around 215lbs and around 12-13% b/f ( from 18 or so right now ). I think that basically 10 weeks from now to lose 5% b/f while doing the CKD and recomping is not out of reach. Once the ALRI stack is over i'll probably give it a few weeks then hope back on ECA to drop the b/f even lower for the beaches this summer!!

Sounds like a good plan but lets see if we can stay on track...

JDF

Awards
  • Established
First Carb-up

Well, I think I over did it a little bit, haha.

The diet looked like this for the first half of the day then I went out to a chinese buffet for dinner ( the dinner and rest of the nights foods are not included, I ate 4 plates of food =p ):

grams cals %total
Total: 2029
Fat: 158 1425 71%
Sat: 66 592 30%
Poly: 22 200 10%
Mono: 58 526 26%
Carbs: 16 50 2%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 133 532 26%

Of those 4 plates it was basically ckn an broccoli with probably a cup or so of rice on each plate. I really had an unreal appetite, I felt like I could have had ANOTHER plate!!! Is this normal during a carb up?

How many kals should I be eating during my refeeds?

I also had 4 beers last night :wtf:

i know its counter productive but i honestly love beer and im doing my best to slow my drinking.

Not sure if its just my head or its actually happening but after only the first 2 weeks i notice that my chest is more solid. Probably all in my head but either way its motivational.

I think im going to start a new workout routine, Im giong to do some more reading on HST and probably start that up on monday and give it a go for 4 weeks or so. If i like it then i'll keep that when i start my recomp.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I think I over did it a little bit, haha.

The diet looked like this for the first half of the day then I went out to a chinese buffet for dinner ( the dinner and rest of the nights foods are not included, I ate 4 plates of food =p ):

grams cals %total
Total: 2029
Fat: 158 1425 71%
Sat: 66 592 30%
Poly: 22 200 10%
Mono: 58 526 26%
Carbs: 16 50 2%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 133 532 26%

Of those 4 plates it was basically ckn an broccoli with probably a cup or so of rice on each plate. I really had an unreal appetite, I felt like I could have had ANOTHER plate!!! Is this normal during a carb up?

How many kals should I be eating during my refeeds?

I also had 4 beers last night :wtf:

i know its counter productive but i honestly love beer and im doing my best to slow my drinking.

Not sure if its just my head or its actually happening but after only the first 2 weeks i notice that my chest is more solid. Probably all in my head but either way its motivational.

I think im going to start a new workout routine, Im giong to do some more reading on HST and probably start that up on monday and give it a go for 4 weeks or so. If i like it then i'll keep that when i start my recomp.

You are doing excellent. More than anyone could hope for. Keep it up!. On you first few carb ups yes your hunger is crazy like that. The good thing is with this diet, you don't have to worry about going nuts like that once in a while.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
This weekend: I ended up having a few beers on saturday night too and I know I should not have. I worked hard the previous 2 weeks so I treated myself but after this coming weekend im really going to try to cut my alcohol consumption down to like 4-5 beers for the entire week.

For some reason I really didnt eat that much on saturday, I did not track my kals but I was probably in the 2000 area ( not including booze ) and I was probably even lower than that on Sunday. I did however eat very clean and i know i stayed well under my 30g of CHO/day.

Today I jumped right back on schedule:

grams cals %total
Total: 2662
Fat: 193 1737 66%
Sat: 73 654 25%
Poly: 17 150 6%
Mono: 71 639 24%
Carbs: 27 77 3%
Protein: 204 814 31%

Im not done eating for the day though, probably going to have another 6-8oz of 75% lean ground beef with a 1/4 cup of chz and maybe some blue chz for fat.

Today i was just not with it all day, I felt sick and i just wanted to rip everyones head off that talked to me :twisted:. I felt like I was lacking energy all day as well but im going to attribute that to the fact that I am off of ECA.

Training; I did some chest and bi's today and I didnt feel exceptionally strong but I did have WAAAY more endurance than i did last week. I moved very quickly through my workouts and very much enjoyed this endurance that i had.

Over all look: I feel like I look huge, no lie. My chest looks more formed, my shoulders seem to really pop, and i am becoming more vascular. Basically I am extremely happy with this diet less than 3 weeks iin. The stubborn fat on my lower back is starting to go down, and frankly, im extatic.

I am super excited to be starting up and running an HST routine in the coming weeks, I think i'll start the HST routine and run the ALRI stack on the 25th of Feb. At that point I am going to start a new thread and concentrate on evaluting 2 things: the ALRI stack and the HST training routine.

Johnyq - I think I might have won after saturday night but its def not the kind of winning I wanted to do bro :nono: haha

I'll just have to step my game up in the coming weeks!

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Today's diet broke down like this:

grams cals %total
Total: 3868
Fat: 291 2622 69%
Sat: 107 960 25%
Poly: 35 313 8%
Mono: 122 1100 29%
Carbs: 37 103 3%
Fiber: 11 0 0%
Protein: 274 1096 29%

Kcals were a little bit higher than usual but overall i think it was a good day for the diet since the xtra kcals for the most part came from protein.

i freaking love this diet/lifestyle! My chest looks so much more full than it did 2 weeks ago, I know i've said it before but i love the food that i eat ( steak, pork chops, hamburger, etc ).

Awsome work out again today, I felt really strong today and really ripped right through it. Deadlifts came in a little weak but overall i really concentrated on squeezing all the way through the ROM.

I got my order in from Nutra tonight, along with my order came a sh!t ton of free samples, a free T-shirt, and a free shaker bottle! Nutra freaking rocks!

I really want to know what my b/f% is, i picked up a skin-fold caliper but it only has you measure 1" above the hip bone. This sort of ghetto caliper said I was 11-12% b/f, I wish.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
grams cals %total
Total: 3368
Fat: 244 2198 66%
Sat: 79 713 22%
Poly: 45 402 12%
Mono: 98 880 27%
Carbs: 28 80 2%
Protein: 260 1039 31%

Forgot my freaking lunch at home today :frustrate so i had to go out to eat. luckily the restaurant i went to had a steak and blue chz salad ( which was awesome and I think im going to start making it @ home ).

The last 2 days my workouts have been very solid, my friends at the gym keep telling me I look like im really getting big ( I attribute this to dropping b/f ) so that has really energized me.

I used watermelon Xtend today and let me tell, very tasty. I would honestly just drink it because it tastes so good.

I think that i've decided that im going to hold off on starting my ALRI stack, I think I should concentrate on dropping b/f for now and once I get a little bit more lean i'll work on a clean bulk/recomp. I think that waiting will also help to give me a better idea of what foods i should be eating and so be more successful when i do clean bulk/recomp.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Diet breakdown:

grams cals %total
Total: 3881
Fat: 285 2563 67%
Sat: 99 888 23%
Poly: 35 318 8%
Mono: 128 1156 30%
Carbs: 47 122 3%
Fiber: 16 0 0%
Protein: 286 1143 30%

I have been eating around 3700kcals a day and I still think I look pretty good ( honestly im still hungry ? ), well im not sure if its a hungry feeling or its just a different sort of feeling since im not eat CHO's.

WORKOUT:

I did leg's today and I felt alright just not all that strong as it is later in the week and I think im getting pretty carb delpleted.

Squats 4 sets / 10-8-6-6
Leg press 3 sets / 10-8-6
SLDL 3 sets / 8 reps
leg extensions 3 sets / 8-8-8

Standing calf raises
-superset-
seated calf raises

Leg's felt really pumped and hard so I was happy and I had energy ( possibly from the beta alanine in the Xtend ) but my legs just did not have the endurance to hammer out anymore legs

This is probably my last post until sunday-tuesday somewhere in that area as im heading to see my g/f and hang out w/ some of my old fraternity brothers. Since i'll be boozing pretty hard and really doing a number on my body i'll probably only refeed for 24 hours next week to try and make it up while completely cutting booze out.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
grams cals %total
Total: 3368
Fat: 244 2198 66%
Sat: 79 713 22%
Poly: 45 402 12%
Mono: 98 880 27%
Carbs: 28 80 2%
Protein: 260 1039 31%

Forgot my freaking lunch at home today :frustrate so i had to go out to eat. luckily the restaurant i went to had a steak and blue chz salad ( which was awesome and I think im going to start making it @ home ).

The last 2 days my workouts have been very solid, my friends at the gym keep telling me I look like im really getting big ( I attribute this to dropping b/f ) so that has really energized me.

I used watermelon Xtend today and let me tell, very tasty. I would honestly just drink it because it tastes so good.

I think that i've decided that im going to hold off on starting my ALRI stack, I think I should concentrate on dropping b/f for now and once I get a little bit more lean i'll work on a clean bulk/recomp. I think that waiting will also help to give me a better idea of what foods i should be eating and so be more successful when i do clean bulk/recomp.
I'd hold off on the jungle warfare from ALRI... they put dmt in it.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
By the way, carb ups are pretty insane. I'm limiting mine to 12 hours, but I still eat 5000+ calories. I usually get 3000 on AD days.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I'd hold off on the jungle warfare from ALRI... they put dmt in it.
What is DMT? I dont have a problem holding off on the clean bulk/recomp with this stack but I would like to try and make some gains in the near future.

Have you had any success recomping w/ any other supps?

thanks for your input

***I think my diet is in pretty good check and I think a little boost from a supplement would really help a recomp/clean bulK. What kind of CHO's are you eating? Im really going to crank up the intensity when I get back from this weekend and I am try to give HST a go the in 2 weeks, what do you think would be good to help with recovery?***

Last edited:
frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
this kind of DMT? Dimethyltryptamine....cus that would be INSANE!!!!!! :head: