Starting the metabolic diet

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. First Carb-up

Well, I think I over did it a little bit, haha.

The diet looked like this for the first half of the day then I went out to a chinese buffet for dinner ( the dinner and rest of the nights foods are not included, I ate 4 plates of food =p ):

grams cals %total
    Total: 2029
    Fat: 158 1425 71%
    Sat: 66 592 30%
    Poly: 22 200 10%
    Mono: 58 526 26%
    Carbs: 16 50 2%
    Fiber: 4 0 0%
    Protein: 133 532 26%

Of those 4 plates it was basically ckn an broccoli with probably a cup or so of rice on each plate. I really had an unreal appetite, I felt like I could have had ANOTHER plate!!! Is this normal during a carb up?

How many kals should I be eating during my refeeds?

I also had 4 beers last night

i know its counter productive but i honestly love beer and im doing my best to slow my drinking.

Not sure if its just my head or its actually happening but after only the first 2 weeks i notice that my chest is more solid. Probably all in my head but either way its motivational.

I think im going to start a new workout routine, Im giong to do some more reading on HST and probably start that up on monday and give it a go for 4 weeks or so. If i like it then i'll keep that when i start my recomp.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JDF View Post
    Well, I think I over did it a little bit, haha.

The diet looked like this for the first half of the day then I went out to a chinese buffet for dinner ( the dinner and rest of the nights foods are not included, I ate 4 plates of food =p ):

grams cals %total
    Total: 2029
    Fat: 158 1425 71%
    Sat: 66 592 30%
    Poly: 22 200 10%
    Mono: 58 526 26%
    Carbs: 16 50 2%
    Fiber: 4 0 0%
    Protein: 133 532 26%

Of those 4 plates it was basically ckn an broccoli with probably a cup or so of rice on each plate. I really had an unreal appetite, I felt like I could have had ANOTHER plate!!! Is this normal during a carb up?

How many kals should I be eating during my refeeds?

I also had 4 beers last night

i know its counter productive but i honestly love beer and im doing my best to slow my drinking.

Not sure if its just my head or its actually happening but after only the first 2 weeks i notice that my chest is more solid. Probably all in my head but either way its motivational.

I think im going to start a new workout routine, Im giong to do some more reading on HST and probably start that up on monday and give it a go for 4 weeks or so. If i like it then i'll keep that when i start my recomp.

You are doing e****lent. More than anyone could hope for. Keep it up!. On you first few carb ups yes your hunger is crazy like that. The good thing is with this diet, you don't have to worry about going nuts like that once in a while.
    •   

3. 4 beers? Good job, I think I had 6 or 7.

4. This weekend: I ended up having a few beers on saturday night too and I know I should not have. I worked hard the previous 2 weeks so I treated myself but after this coming weekend im really going to try to cut my alcohol consumption down to like 4-5 beers for the entire week.

For some reason I really didnt eat that much on saturday, I did not track my kals but I was probably in the 2000 area ( not including booze ) and I was probably even lower than that on Sunday. I did however eat very clean and i know i stayed well under my 30g of CHO/day.

Today I jumped right back on schedule:

grams cals %total
    Total: 2662
    Fat: 193 1737 66%
    Sat: 73 654 25%
    Poly: 17 150 6%
    Mono: 71 639 24%
    Carbs: 27 77 3%
    Fiber: 8 0 0%
    Protein: 204 814 31%

Im not done eating for the day though, probably going to have another 6-8oz of 75% lean ground beef with a 1/4 cup of chz and maybe some blue chz for fat.

Today i was just not with it all day, I felt sick and i just wanted to rip everyones head off that talked to me . I felt like I was lacking energy all day as well but im going to attribute that to the fact that I am off of ECA.

Training; I did some chest and bi's today and I didnt feel exceptionally strong but I did have WAAAY more endurance than i did last week. I moved very quickly through my workouts and very much enjoyed this endurance that i had.

Over all look: I feel like I look huge, no lie. My chest looks more formed, my shoulders seem to really pop, and i am becoming more vascular. Basically I am extremely happy with this diet less than 3 weeks iin. The stubborn fat on my lower back is starting to go down, and frankly, im extatic.

I am super excited to be starting up and running an HST routine in the coming weeks, I think i'll start the HST routine and run the ALRI stack on the 25th of Feb. At that point I am going to start a new thread and concentrate on evaluting 2 things: the ALRI stack and the HST training routine.

Johnyq - I think I might have won after saturday night but its def not the kind of winning I wanted to do bro haha

I'll just have to step my game up in the coming weeks!

5. Today's diet broke down like this:

grams cals %total
    Total: 3868
    Fat: 291 2622 69%
    Sat: 107 960 25%
    Poly: 35 313 8%
    Mono: 122 1100 29%
    Carbs: 37 103 3%
    Fiber: 11 0 0%
    Protein: 274 1096 29%

Kcals were a little bit higher than usual but overall i think it was a good day for the diet since the xtra kcals for the most part came from protein.

i freaking love this diet/lifestyle! My chest looks so much more full than it did 2 weeks ago, I know i've said it before but i love the food that i eat ( steak, pork chops, hamburger, etc ).

Awsome work out again today, I felt really strong today and really ripped right through it. Deadlifts came in a little weak but overall i really concentrated on squeezing all the way through the ROM.

I got my order in from Nutra tonight, along with my order came a sh!t ton of free samples, a free T-shirt, and a free shaker bottle! Nutra freaking rocks!

I really want to know what my b/f% is, i picked up a skin-fold caliper but it only has you measure 1" above the hip bone. This sort of ghetto caliper said I was 11-12% b/f, I wish.

6. grams cals %total
    Total: 3368
    Fat: 244 2198 66%
    Sat: 79 713 22%
    Poly: 45 402 12%
    Mono: 98 880 27%
    Carbs: 28 80 2%
    Protein: 260 1039 31%

Forgot my freaking lunch at home today so i had to go out to eat. luckily the restaurant i went to had a steak and blue chz salad ( which was awesome and I think im going to start making it @ home ).

The last 2 days my workouts have been very solid, my friends at the gym keep telling me I look like im really getting big ( I attribute this to dropping b/f ) so that has really energized me.

I used watermelon Xtend today and let me tell, very tasty. I would honestly just drink it because it tastes so good.

I think that i've decided that im going to hold off on starting my ALRI stack, I think I should concentrate on dropping b/f for now and once I get a little bit more lean i'll work on a clean bulk/recomp. I think that waiting will also help to give me a better idea of what foods i should be eating and so be more successful when i do clean bulk/recomp.

7. Diet breakdown:

grams cals %total
    Total: 3881
    Fat: 285 2563 67%
    Sat: 99 888 23%
    Poly: 35 318 8%
    Mono: 128 1156 30%
    Carbs: 47 122 3%
    Fiber: 16 0 0%
    Protein: 286 1143 30%

I have been eating around 3700kcals a day and I still think I look pretty good ( honestly im still hungry ? ), well im not sure if its a hungry feeling or its just a different sort of feeling since im not eat CHO's.

WORKOUT:

I did leg's today and I felt alright just not all that strong as it is later in the week and I think im getting pretty carb delpleted.

Squats 4 sets / 10-8-6-6
    Leg press 3 sets / 10-8-6
    SLDL 3 sets / 8 reps
    leg extensions 3 sets / 8-8-8

Standing calf raises
    -superset-
    seated calf raises

Leg's felt really pumped and hard so I was happy and I had energy ( possibly from the beta alanine in the Xtend ) but my legs just did not have the endurance to hammer out anymore legs

This is probably my last post until sunday-tuesday somewhere in that area as im heading to see my g/f and hang out w/ some of my old fraternity brothers. Since i'll be boozing pretty hard and really doing a number on my body i'll probably only refeed for 24 hours next week to try and make it up while completely cutting booze out.

8. Quote Originally Posted by JDF View Post
    grams cals %total
    Total: 3368
    Fat: 244 2198 66%
    Sat: 79 713 22%
    Poly: 45 402 12%
    Mono: 98 880 27%
    Carbs: 28 80 2%
    Protein: 260 1039 31%

Forgot my freaking lunch at home today so i had to go out to eat. luckily the restaurant i went to had a steak and blue chz salad ( which was awesome and I think im going to start making it @ home ).

The last 2 days my workouts have been very solid, my friends at the gym keep telling me I look like im really getting big ( I attribute this to dropping b/f ) so that has really energized me.

I used watermelon Xtend today and let me tell, very tasty. I would honestly just drink it because it tastes so good.

I think that i've decided that im going to hold off on starting my ALRI stack, I think I should concentrate on dropping b/f for now and once I get a little bit more lean i'll work on a clean bulk/recomp. I think that waiting will also help to give me a better idea of what foods i should be eating and so be more successful when i do clean bulk/recomp.
    I'd hold off on the jungle warfare from ALRI... they put dmt in it.

9. By the way, carb ups are pretty insane. I'm limiting mine to 12 hours, but I still eat 5000+ calories. I usually get 3000 on AD days.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I'd hold off on the jungle warfare from ALRI... they put dmt in it.
    What is DMT? I dont have a problem holding off on the clean bulk/recomp with this stack but I would like to try and make some gains in the near future.

Have you had any success recomping w/ any other supps?

thanks for your input

***I think my diet is in pretty good check and I think a little boost from a supplement would really help a recomp/clean bulK. What kind of CHO's are you eating? Im really going to crank up the intensity when I get back from this weekend and I am try to give HST a go the in 2 weeks, what do you think would be good to help with recovery?***
    Last edited by JDF; 02-15-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Forgot
    •   

11. this kind of DMT? Dimethyltryptamine....cus that would be INSANE!!!!!!

12. My 8 week HST routine on the CKD/AD diet

I started a new log since I am now going to give HST a go, thanks for all of your support in this thread and hopefully you can all still support me in the new one. Thanks again all!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting the Anabolic diet Monday!
    By Jim Mills in forum Pics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM
  2. Starting the v-diet...have some questions
    By 07zx6r in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
  3. Starting the Velocity Diet
    By MuscleMind in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14