Drugs is bad: MassFX, EPH Hardcore, Purple Wraath and PowerFull.

JimBro

Awards
No $#!t - mostly this log is to keep myself on track. Nothing like a worldwideweb viewable guilt trip, right? Either way, if you should happen to stop by, you'll have my thanks and my attention. I will be updating this log at least five times a week. As this is primarily an attempt at losing fat while maintaining muscle, one workout will be aimed at preserving the muscle and strength I currently have and the other one - three hours before bed, will be aimed at ridding myself of BLUBBER.

So let's get down to business. The stars of this log are noted in the title. I will be taking Mass FX as prescribed - 4 times evenly spaced throughout the day. EPH Hardcore will be taken before my first meal of the day and @ 2:30 p.m (one cap at a time). Purple Wraath will be used during my muscle preserving workout (a.m) as this entire workout will be from a fasted state (Sleep. Dude.) The PowerFull will be used before the first workout (2 caps), before the second workout (1 cap) and before bed (2 caps).

Aside from the stars a full compliment of staples will accompany: Standard multi, Fish oil, Flax Oil, whey protein and digestive enzymes.

I'll be starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see what you think about Mass FX. I'm looking for a new test booster now that I can't find bulk powerfull available.

JimBro

Awards
I'd like to see what you think about Mass FX. I'm looking for a new test booster now that I can't find bulk powerfull available.
I'll certainly see to that. Powerfull is so COOL!! Thanks, mister!

JimBro

Awards
Day 1: 275 pounds

In hindsight (such a cool thing), I realize that there are some key elements that I have left out. For starters this is to be a 30 day log. The cut will be for 90. As a result, I will continue this log far after I'm finished with the Mass FX. I guess that's kind of an FYI, eh? Here it is!

Day 1 Morning W/O: Back day - BOOM!!

Hit the gym @ 0500 and immediately did 20 minutes of cardio. This will increase to 30 minutes next week and thereafter. Treadmillage, actually - I walked at 3.4 mph at an incline of 10. Great sweat.

Bent over Dumbell Rows :

3 Sets: (pounds then reps for each arm) 80 x 15 , 100 x 10, 120 x 8

Lat Pulldowns superset w/ Cable Pullovers:

3 Sets: (machine has a numbered pin system - goes to 20) Pin on 12 x 15, Pin on 14 x 10, Pin on 16 x 8.
All Pullovers done seated the opposite direction for 12 reps with the pin on 4.

Seated Cable Rows:

3 Sets: (Same Pin system) 12 x 15, 14 x 10, 16 x 8.

Reverse Pec Deck:

3 Sets: 85 x 15, 105 x 12, 135 x 10 (I've found it pretty damn sweet to do these without using the handles. Just face the machine, grab the poles from the outside, hold on for dear life and pull the damn things back and out. Great burn!)

Seated Calf Raises:

3 Sets: 45 x 20, 90 x 16, 135 x 12

Supps and Thoughts:

I awoke at 430 and took one Mass FX and two PowerFull. Purple Wraath during the workout. After the workout - two scoops why protein. EPH hardcore 30 mins later and then a meal of 3 eggs and a cup of oatmeal. I've been peeing an unusual amount. Good God, really!!

Workout was kinda ..ehh... I didn't get to sleep until about 0230...don't know why, for I tried from 10 PM until that time. Either way - I still hit the gym with an unrelenting vigor. Cardio was thoughtless. Weights were as intense as always, but I didn't have the "GO LIFT $#!t" attitude I normally have.

Workout two - later on today (about 5 PM) will be 20 minutes of biceps followed by 40 minutes of cardio. I'll probably end up doing something elliptically. w00t!

Observations: The purple wraath dissolved VERY neatly. No clumps to speak of. I rather liked the flavor - however - I thought it was a little too sweet. I'm going to have to get a bigger bottle and adjust the water. 16 ozs, while doing the dissolving well, did little to dilute the sweetness. Obviously the Mass FX has not kicked in yet - but I may be noticing a diuretic effect? Is that possible? As well, no Alpha Male aggression...rather, I've been pretty damn nice today. (This better not turn me awkward!!) I can certainly feel the EPH. I've had a gentle buzz the entire morning and with regard to my lack of sleep, I feel oddly alert. For cutting cycles, I often find that the first week is generally the best. I commonly lose about 10 pounds the first week. The tapering effect takes place rather quickly for me, however, and I slow to 1-2 pounds a week pretty much from week 3 and on. Hopefully the "Alpha Male" kicks in soon so I can get my "GO LIFT $#!t", back. 'Till tonight, folks!!

JimBro

Awards
Day 1 Evening Workout

Hi again. Another slight on my behalf. I've neglected to post my workout schedule. Also - tomorrow morning I'll post before pics and ensure I update every week. So next post will be the workout schedule.

The workout - Cardio and Biceps

40 Minutes of Cardio on the Elliptical Machine. Yippee!

Biceps:

Alternating DB Curls:

4 Sets: (pounds then reps for each arm) 40x12, 45 x 11, 50 x 10, 55 x 8

21's:

3 Sets: 50 x 21, 60 x 21, 60 x 21

So far...

Things are going well. I've taken all of my supps for the day with the exception of 2 PowerFull's tonight before bed. PowerFull is an odd supplement. You take it and you think...why... but when you stop taking it - you feel the difference. The sleep is better and that's one of my biggest problems - sleep. I've heard of people with a huge libido increase...but I'm 26, so that is simply not an issue. More than anything else - PowerFull creates a FEELING. It's something you just sense I suppose.

Dosing for the Mass FX went like this: 0430, 1030, 1430 and finally 1830. Dosing will continue at this schedule. Nothing to report so far. I have been peeing at a sickening pace, though, and I haven't changed my water intake...so...I can only imagine this must be from the Mass FX.

The second helping of EPH came alongside the third dosing of Mass FX at 1430. That won't change either. Thank God for this puppy of a pill. I was dog $#!t tired today and when I needed a pick me up the most, I popped this thing and went stir crazy. Good news! 'Till Tomorrow!

JimBro

Awards
Workout Schedule (forgot to post this...geez...)

Schedule is set for two a days. Workouts are 12 hours apart. Yada. Yada.

Monday:

AM: Back and Cardio

PM: Limited Biceps and Cardio

Tuesday:

AM: Shoulders and Cardio

PM: Limited Triceps and Cardio

Wednesday:

AM: Quads and Cardio

PM: Hams and Cardio

Thursday:

AM: Chest and Cardio

PM: Abs and Cardio

Friday:

AM: Full blown Biceps and Cardio

PM: Full blown Triceps and Cardio

Saturday:

AM: Cardio

PM: Stretching for an hour

Sunday:

Not a damn thing.

JimBro

Awards
Day 2 Morning

Yahoo! How's things! Here's the workout:

Cardio: 30 mins Cardio. Treadmillage. 3 MPH at 10 incline.

Shoulders:

Warm up - Rotator cuff exercises. 3 sets 12 reps each.

Upright Cable Rows:

3 Sets: Pin on 8 x 20, Pin on 10 x 18, Pin on 12 x 14.

Behind the neck Shoulder Presses:

4 Sets: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 10, 185 x 10

Behind the back shrugs:

3 Sets: 225 x 10, 275 x 10, 315 x 10

DB Front Raises:

3 Sets: 40 x 12 , 40 x 11, 40 x 9

Cable Lateral Raises:

Pin on 2 x 15, Pin on 2 x 10, Pin on 2 x 8. (I got pretty weak towards the end...bah...)

Notes:

Got to sleep good and early last night (about 2130) so I was able to get up at 0430 and feel good about myself. Took one MassFX and two PowerFull caps before the workout. PW during. My initial reaction to the PW was that it was too sweet...I was wrong. I loved it today! Still not noticing much as far as the Mass FX, hoping it kicks in soon because I've heard some pretty unreal things!! Tonight, in concurrence with the posted schedule, I have triceps and cardio. Should be a freaking blast!

JimBro

Awards
Day 2 Evening workout

Hi! All was a breeze tonight. Here's the workout:

Triceps:

Reverse Grip Pull downs supersetted w/ Push Downs:

4 Sets: (Cable Crossover has pinned plates that are numbered. Goes up to 15.) Pin on 8 x 10 of each, Pin on 10 x 10 of each, Pin on 12 x 10 of each, Pin on 14 x 6 of each. Crazy BURN!

Dips:

3 sets: All to failure. Failure came quickly.

Cardio:

40 minutes on the recumbent bike. I did the hill setting and the resistance was set to 10. I enjoyed the extreme sweating, but it was cold as all hell when I went outside so my soaked shirt quickly turned into an ice chamber. If it's cold when I'm prepping to hit the gym tomorrow, I'll wear a sweater as well.

Notes:

Felt pretty good today. I normally get tired and crabby during a cut...as such, I'm glad this isn't my first cut - because I was both of those. I just know how to handle it now. The only thing that gets to me is how dry my eyes feel. During a cut I'm constantly rubbing them and adding moisturizing drops. If not, I get red eye from hell and people think I'm either PO'd or just BLAZED. I took all supplements today with the 2 nightly PowerFull coming in about 30 minutes. Still no kick in for the Mass FX, however, when I took my second dose today I literally felt sideways. It seemed like my chair was crooked or something. My whole body felt like it was leaning to one side. Weird, huh? Also - the extreme urinating effect from yesterday was completely gone. Thumbs up on that. I got so tired of lifting the lid on the toilet I just started peeing in the sink (I kid...okay maybe once...I kid...). Legs tomorrow! Let's do it!!

jacobcoile

Awards
Great log man! I will be following. I like your choice of supps, and your 2 a day workout routine is interesting. Good Luck with all!

JimBro

Awards
Great log man! I will be following. I like your choice of supps, and your 2 a day workout routine is interesting. Good Luck with all!

Thanks for stopping in Jacob! Much appreciated!! Peace!

JimBro

Awards
Day 3 Morning Workout

Hello! Workout was at 0500.

Cardio:

Treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.2 mph at an incline of 10. Good sweat to start the day.

Workout: Quadriceps

Leg Extension:

5 Sets: 120 x 20, 210 x 15, 260 x 13, 275 x 13, 295 (stack) x 10

Leg Press:

5 Sets: 285 x 20, 375 x 16, 465 x 14, 555 x 12, 645 x 10

Hack Squats:

2 Sets: (Cut Short..see notes) 180 x 14, 270 x 12

Notes:

Today was a little scary before. I've thrown up from doing a leg day before - but it usually comes immediately. It's like: Lift-Rack Bar-Vomit Forecefully. This was crazy. I got setup for my next set of Hack Squats and as I was sitting there, something told me that I was not going to be able to complete the set. So I stood up. As I stood up, I got strangely lightheaded, my heartbeat slowed and I started breathing faster to accomodate (short clipped breathing). Didn't work to speed it up. My skin started getting prickly cold and then I headed off to the bathroom because I could feel that my mouth had turned dry - "Here it comes!". It never came. I got to the sink area and decided against splashing water on my face. Then I moved to look at my face to see if I had gone pale: I had. When I faced the mirror, I lost it. My right leg gave out, I lost my balance and pretty much slammed my face in the sink. I laid on the ground for about four minutes trying to figure out whether or not I was going to be okay. Then I closed my eyes. I don't know how long they stayed closed, but when I opened them my back was against the wall and I was no longer laying on the floor. I think I blacked out..not sure. So I slowly got to my feet to find my way out of the rest area. I got halfway out and fell to the ground as I lost my balance again. I was comforted by the fact that this time other people could see me and I wouldn't have to sit alone to collect myself, which I obviously could not do. Four minutes of sitting on the ground. The whole episode passed. I got up. Racked all of the plates. Wiped the machine down and left the gym. No problems since - but it's never happened to me before. The workout was pretty typical of a quad workout for me. I didn't go very heavy and my breathing was controlled and not atypical. Spooky.

Either way - The Mass FX has not yet kicked in. Today would not be a great day to feel it anyway, as I feel a little weak. Maybe I'm just being cautious, though. I didn't finish my PW today, cuz I was a little spooked, and I'm sure as $#!t NOT taking any EPH today. WTF!!! Oh well, we'll see how tonight goes.

No $#!t - mostly this log is to keep myself on track. Nothing like a worldwideweb viewable guilt trip, right? Either way, if you should happen to stop by, you'll have my thanks and my attention. I will be updating this log at least five times a week. As this is primarily an attempt at losing fat while maintaining muscle, one workout will be aimed at preserving the muscle and strength I currently have and the other one - three hours before bed, will be aimed at ridding myself of BLUBBER.

So let's get down to business. The stars of this log are noted in the title. I will be taking Mass FX as prescribed - 4 times evenly spaced throughout the day. EPH Hardcore will be taken before my first meal of the day and @ 2:30 p.m (one cap at a time). Purple Wraath will be used during my muscle preserving workout (a.m) as this entire workout will be from a fasted state (Sleep. Dude.) The PowerFull will be used before the first workout (2 caps), before the second workout (1 cap) and before bed (2 caps).

Aside from the stars a full compliment of staples will accompany: Standard multi, Fish oil, Flax Oil, whey protein and digestive enzymes.

I'll be starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Buy some Plsin for 24.99..deal ends at midnight. I gurantee it will feed this cycle new heights!

JimBro

Awards
Buy some Plsin for 24.99..deal ends at midnight. I gurantee it will feed this cycle new heights!
Thanks for the offer, but I don't know how effective P-Slin would be with the amount of cardio I'll be doing. Wouldn't it be counter-intuitive to carb load before cardio? Also..is this deal on the USPLabs site or....?

JimBro

Awards
Day 3 Evening Workout

Workout took place at 1700. Due to the odd circumstances surrounding my first workout of the day - I decided to not get my heart rate too high and ditched the hamstrings. Just trying to play it safe. Here's the workout:

Cardio:

One hour on the treadmill at 3.2 MPH at a various inclines. Anywhere from 6 to 10 the entire time.

Notes:

I took all supplements today with the exception of the EPH. I simply had to leave it alone. Otherwise, the Mass FX has not yet kicked in - any day now I'm guessing. I'm not really hoping for too much with it, it's just that I can use that Alpha Male while I'm cutting for this month. Being drained from low carbs and two-a-days takes a lot outta ya - hopefully the Alpha Male will help with my crabbiness. Though decidedly, I'm not really that crabby. That said, I want to ensure I never really get that way. Chest in the morning. Looking forward to that! Be safe, everyone!

JimBro

Awards
Day 4 No Workout

Took on an interesting assignment that had me out on the road at 0400. Killed my schedule - but gave me a day off after my weird gym experience of yesterday.

Either way - I took all of my supplements today and still have not returned to the EPH. I plan on doing that tomorrow.

Mass FX - Still no Alpha Male. Rather...I feel tired most of the time. When I'm not working out I just feel like I'm dragging my knuckles! Hopefully this changes.

Peace, y'all!

JimBro

Awards
Day 5 Morning Workout

Yo! Got up at 0430 and hit the gym at 05. Brilliant.

Here's the workout:

Cardio:

Upright Cycle:

30 Minutes. I did the hill with the intensity set at 10. Max is 20. Oddly, I didn't break a sweat until 16 minutes in. WTFBBQ!!

Chest:

Warmup: Cable Crossover High Pull

3 Sets: Pin on 3 x 20, Pin on 3 x 20, Pin on 3 x 20

Flat DB Press:

4 Sets: 80 x 12, 90 x 12, 100 x 10 , 110 x 10

Incline DB Press:

4 Sets: 70 x 12, 80 x 12, 90 x 10, 100 x 8

Cable Crossover Low Pull:

3 Sets: Pin on 6 x 12, Pin on 6 x 12, Pin on 6 x 10

Calves:

3 Sets: 45 x 20, 90 x 15, 135 x 12

Thoughts:

Today's workout was horrible. Largely an uninspired effort. The cardio went well but i hardly broke a sweat. Afterwards - I don't know what was going on! After my warmup, I picked up the weights and I didn't feel the same as I normally do. Normally, I grab the weights, hit the bench and fire up. Lean back and toss the fu@#$rs around and hop up feeling GOOD! Today - I grabbed the weights...moseyed over to the bench. Sat down and then tried to convince myself that I had to knock this $#!t out. Ughh...it was ugly, brethren. These days rarely happen to me. I hope there are none to follow.

Mass FX: Still nothing as of last night..however...I'm not feeling sluggish or drag-ass today. Nothing has changed as far as diet so I'm sure that is not the issue. Maybe this is the beginning! Thanks folks!

Also - no silly passing out crap today. Dunno what happened there. All seems to be well. Point north fellows!

JimBro

Awards
Day 5 Evening Workout and Day 6 Workout

Last Night: 40 mins of cardio. Treadmillage - 40 mins @ 10 incline @ 3.2 mph. Good sweat

This morning: Arms:

Hanging Dips:

4 Sets: All to failure

Alternating DB Curls:

4 Sets: (reps are per arm) 45 x 12, 50 x 12, 55 x 10, 60 x 7

Overhead DB Triceps Extension:

4 Sets: (reps are per arm) 45 x 12, 50 x 10, 55 x 9, 60 x 5

Preacher Curl:

3 Sets: 90 x 12, 115 x 11, 135 x 9

Triceps Push Down (Machine - Pin goes to 15):

3 Sets: Pin on 12 x 12, Pin on 14 x 12, Pin on 15 x 9

Standing Concentration CurlMachine - Pin goes to 15)

3 Sets: Pin on 4 x 12 (per arm), Pin on 5 x 8, Pin on 5 x 8

Cardio: Elliptical machine. Hill program with intensity set at 10. 20 mins. I was pooped...bah...

Thoughts:

Today's workout was critical. Great strength - great pumps and serious sweat. I hit the gym with the intent of NOT having a bad workout. Indeed I did. There were a few times where some of my gym aquaintances were trying to speak to me and I was so zoned I didn't even hear them. Hah! I excused myself - as I don't like to seem rude or impolite. Picked up a pair of Massive Ribeyes for tonight. I'm gonna rub them with a mostly dry mix of mango concentrate, brown sugar and oriental crushed pepper. Let em sit for about an hour with the rub and then fire em up! MAYOR!! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow! Enjoy the weekend, fellas!

Mass FX: Prolly starting to kick in. I feel like I have "Kick-Ass" written all over my face. I'm an incredibly happy and positive person in public. This morning I was criticised for grinning too "intensively". Sign of good things to come? Bring it on, mayor! Right now - I feel GOOD.

EPH - I started back on this yesterday and will continue to dose today. No further issues with the crazy gym pass out syndrome.

Purple Wraath - I heart you.

PowerFull - Still refuses to let me down.

Tons!!!

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
subscribed good log so far

JimBro

Awards
Day 7 No workout

No workout today. Took all of my supps, however. DAMN!! Brilliant game by the Giants!!! WHOO!! Safe night everyone!

JimBro

Awards
Day 8 Workouts

Good day. I've taken all supplements with the exception of the pre-bed dose of PowerFULL.

Here's the workout:

Cardio:

Recumbent Bike: 40 minutes on the hill scenario with the intensity @ 8. Good sweat!

Shoulders:

Rotator Cuff Warm-up:

3 Sets.

DB Shoulder Presses:

5 Sets: 60 x 12, 70 x 12, 80 x 10, 90 x 9, 100 x 7

Behind the Neck Shoulder Presses:

3 Sets: 135 x 15, 185 x 9, 225 x 4 (bah...sorta pissed me off...)

Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs:

4 Sets: 135 x 20, 185 x 18, 225 x 12, 315 x 10

Front DB Raises:

3 Sets: 40 x failure, 45 x failure, 50 x failure

Cable Lateral Raises: (Pinned Machine, goes to 15)

3 Sets: Pin on 2 x 20, Pin on 3 x 12, Pin on 3 x 12

Notes:

Pretty solid workout. I'm down six pounds from when I started this log. Six is pretty good for the first week..I'm used to about 9 - 10, but six is great. Week two starts the tapering off effect. Where last week I could feel as if the Alpha Male were just around the corner, I feel the complete opposite right now. Three words fellas: No Alpha Male....just yet. I'm highly optomistic, however.

Thanks for following along, and I hope everyone had a great MLK day. Last year, I spread a nasty rumor around my office and told everyone that all of the black folks not only got today off, but also got 8 extra hours of overtime - just for being black on MLK day!! In no time it came back to haunt me...haha. The "issues" came out real quick! One of the older white guys said, "You don't see us getting over on Presidents Day!" When he was asked what that meant he replied, "Well all the Presidents were white...so it's like MLK day for the whites." ...sad sad sad - totally not the point of MLK day. Then again, I shoulda never started that crap!! Oh well...live and learn. One day it'll all make sense! 'Till then - be safe everyone!

JimBro

Awards
Day 9 Workout

Salute! Back day today. Pretty solid workout, didn't go too heavy but I got a GREAT pump!! Oh yea!

The workout: Back

Cardio: 40 minutes on the upright bike. Set @ 10 intensity on the hill setting. Yay. I sweat my butt off.

One arm DB Rows:

4 Sets: 80 x 15, 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 10

superset with Front BB shrugs:

4 Sets: 135 x 20, 225 x 18, 315 x 12, 365 x 10

Lat Pulldowns: Pinned Machine. Goes to 20.

3 Sets: Pin on 12 x 20, Pin on 14 x 14, Pin on 16 x 10

Seated Cable Rows: Pinned Machine. Goes to 20.

3 Sets: Pin on 12 x 15, Pin on 12 x 20, Pin on 14 x 10 (Dog Tired..what's that mean?)

Thoughts:

Good workout. Great day today so far. I'm pumped!! WHOO!! Uhh..I guess I don't have too much more to say. I think next week I'll bump the pre-workout cardio up to 45 minutes and let it just sit there until my downward weight starts to stagnate. We shall see! Good day everyone!!

JimBro

Awards
Day 10 Workout

I was supposed to have a w/o partner today...NO SHOW!! I went all Alpha Male and just grabbed somebody else and MADE them workout with me!!! Just kidding. Dude was a no show tho... pffft.. Here's the workout

Cardio:

40 Minutes. Treadmillage. 3.3. MPH at a 10 incline. Great sweat going.

Chest:

Pre-Exhaust: Cable Crossover Low

4 Sets: Pin on 4 x 20 all four times.

DB Flat Bench Press:

4 Sets: 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 10, 120 x 10 (ouch...)

Incline Bench Press:

4 Sets: 135 x 15, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 275 x 8

Pec Deck:

3 Sets: 100 x 15, 135 x 15, 165 x 12

Thoughts:

Great workout. I was pooped afterwards. Still haven't felt any extreme moments of Male-ishness. However, I'm not so sure I should be looking for that. Instead, as I'm on a cut, I should be feeling sluggish and generally tired...I don't. I'm full of energy. It appears that instead of feeling that Alpha Male, I'm feeling normal (close to) during a cut. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Everythings going great though!! Good workouts, great attitude..poopy workout partners!! Peace!

JimBro

Awards
Day 11 Workout

My workout partner showed up today...when he didn't show up yesterday I decided to switch the schedule up and do chest. Figuring he showed up today. Turns out he only stood me up cuz he didn't want to do legs...so guess what was on the schedule today? Legs. He said, "****, bro." I was like,"WHATEVA!!! ALPHA MALE, DOG!!" Inside joke. I keep talking about the MFX and he keeps poking about that ONE thing. Enough of my jiving...here's the workout:

Cardio:

40 Minutes. Treadmillage @ 3.3 mph @ an incline of 10. Good sweat'n! Homeboy stopped early to stretch his logs out. (BLAST)

Legs:

Leg Extensions:

5 Sets: 120 x 20, 210 x 15, 260 x 13, 275 x 13, 295 (stack) x 10

BB Squats:

4 Sets: 135 x 20, 225 x 15, 315 x 12, 405 x 10

Leg Press:

5 Sets: 285 x 20, 375 x 16, 465 x 14, 555 x 12, 645 x 10

Thoughts:

Solid workout. Pretty good weight, too. I really botched my knee some four months ago just before I took a trip to Alaska. I was doing some leg presses and had a sorta wide placement. I was up to 465 and on the fourth rep I felt a tingle on my kneecap. I stopped what I was doing and racked the weight. Stood up and tried to stretch it out...no avail. I moved on to try something easier and sat on the leg extension machine. I sat there for about 2 minutes before I though better of it and decided...maybe I won't do this dumb ****. So i didn't. I got up - wiped off the bench and walked outta the gym. From that moment forward I knew I had botched something. My car's a five speed and I had the hardest time in the world manipulating the clutch. When I got home, I could barely get out of the drivers seat. Literally EVERYTHING was a chore! I don't take medication (stupid...some real life Alpha Male ****..) so I just let it hurt. Later that night I drove to Bastrop in preparation for my next day flight from Austin. I went to sleep a little early because I was overcome by some sudden sickness and when I woke up, my knee looked like a basketball. It was TERRIBLE!! I couldn't move the ****er!! I had to get up and drive to the Wal-Mart to pick up some Advil to help me out. The whole experience was tragic to me. I'm very socially conscious (I've had a gun pulled on me in various "hillbilly" communities because of my color and my size) so I normally appreciate that in most confrontations (which rarely happen) my size and appearance are generally enough to ward off any stupidity. This day I just felt like a hobbling target. I know that was just me telling myself that, as I don't come across as the provocator. I just take comfort in the fact that I can handle myself quite well. On that day - I couldn't. Either way - since then, I hadn't been able to do legs very often. About six weeks after the injury I gave it a test run and did some very light leg presses and squats. I felt good in the gym but afterwards - DEAR GOD! So I had to give it up for awhile. Thankfully, rest seems to have paid off and I generally have very effective leg days now. It aches every now and then. Dull aches. But mostly I'm grand. Also - no weird passing out spells today. I only note that because this was a leg day and so was that day. Another note - I normally don't keep a workout partner for more than a week or two. I'm pretty sure I lost this one today. :)

Peace, y'all!!

JimBro

Awards
Day 12 13 and 14

Sorry for the delay. My PC caught an extremely annoying virus. Took me awhile to figure it out...not awhile really, it was just so annoying that I put it off for a touch. Here we go:

Friday (Day 12)

Cardio:

Treadmillage at 10 incline for 40 minutes. 3.3mph

Arms:

Hanging Dips superset with Reverse Grip BB 21's

Dips:

3 Sets: 20 for each

21's:

3 Sets: 45 xd 21 for each set.

Seated DB Hammer Curls:

3 Sets: 45 x 18, 50 x 13, 55 x 10

Seated Triceps Extension:

3 Sets: 45 x 20, 50 x 12, 55 x 9

Preacher Curls:

3 Sets: 115 x 20, 125 x 13, 135 x 9

Triceps Push Down (Straight Bar)

3 Sets: Pin on 13 x 20, Pin on 14 x 18, Pin on 15 (max) x 12

Workout 13 (Saturday all cardio)

One hour of cardio on the elliptical trainer. Hill setting at 10 resistance. I sweat a few buckets! Yug!

Day 14: No workout. All rest.

Thoughts will be posted with Day 15 workout.

JimBro

Awards
Day 15 Workout

Welcome to Wonderful Monday. I'm down four more pounds which puts me negative ten from when I first started. Good things! I think.... Here's the workout

Shoulders:

Cardio:

Recumbent Bike. 40 Mins on the hill setting with the resistance set to 8. Went by extremely slowly.

Shoulders:

Rotator Cuff Warm-ups:

3 Sets: All sets to 12 with the pin on the machine at 2. Felt good.

Pre-Exhaust DB Front Raises:

3 Sets: 40 x 20, 45 x 13, 50 x 10

Pre-Exhaust DB Side (Lateral) Raises:

3 Sets: 25 x 15, 30 x 14, 35 x 12

Reverse Pec Deck:

3 Sets: 100 x 20, 100 x 15, 100 x 15

DB Shoulder Presses:

3 Sets: 70 x 12, 80 x 10, 90 x 8

Standing Barbell Military Press:

3 Sets: 135 x 20, 155 x 12, 185 x 10

Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs:

3 Sets: 225 x 20, 315 x 13, 405 x 9

Thoughts:

The workouts continue to go well. I've lost ten pounds but don't feel any lighter. I actually feel like I tread a little heavier. My pants don't fit the same and neither do my shirts...which bothers me cause I hate buying new clothes. The good news is: All my shoes still fit!! *smirk*

Back Day tomorrow. Should be a blast!

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I have taken powerfull in the past, and really liked it. Good lean gains, and great sleep. Good luck!

Subbed

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the great Work!