Crazy Whey Protein Log!!!

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Sounds crazy right? This is gonna be my "no supplement" log. Like many of you, I have been using all the latest and popular supplements for the last couple of years. We're pretty familliar with the effects of heavy supplementation. Let's take a look at the contrast, coming from someone who is an addict and plans on relapsing soon.

I consider myself well informed. I don't just buy something because it's new, but I have fallen victim to the hype machine more than once. I've tried almost everything out there, and haven't seen much progress over the past year. I'm at a plateau I guess.

I'm taking a break form creatine, beta alinine, thermogenics/diet pills, herbs, glucose support, etc. I'm only using whey, multi, fish-oil and caffeine. For me this is really no supplements.

I'm currently cutting/recomping. I've been doing the anabolic diet for almost 4 weeks, but I Guess not precisely enough. I think I need to get my fat intake up. Protein between 120- 200g, carbs less than 50g except for weekends, and fats according to the AD should be around 185g.

I lift 3-4 times a week, high volume. Cardio 3-4 times a week around 30min medium intensity.

I'm already about a week in to my no supp training. One big diference I've noticed, presumably from dropping the creatine and extra bcaa's, is some good soreness. It was pretty difficult to get sore. I've aslo reduced caffiene from 400-500 mg x2 a day, to 200-300mg total. Been a little foggy and run down in the evenings. I'm hoping my head adapts soon.

jwecker

Awards
Awesome dude. Good luck.

BTW, if you can cut out caffeine altogether you'll stop having dips in your energy (after a week or so of adjustments). No pressure though- the plan's already pretty 'pure' as it is :)

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
if you can cut out caffeine altogether
It's tough. I get up at 5 AM and teach highschool. We'll see, thanks for the encouragement.

My regimine has been so habitual. I ate a big carb meal Sat and with out even thinking I popped to caps of berberine with it (should have been about 30 min before). Doh! No big deal, I think this is going to be good for me.

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
i tweeked my knee training last week, and decided to come off all the supps. im like you in the way i take them, but i stoped about a week ago and now, i feel like i hardly ever sleep now, did you get a same kind of effect?

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I've been so tired in the evening without the thermogenics that I've been sleeping pretty well. I was using various sleeping aids too, but haven't really needed them this past week.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Workouts have been suprisingly good. I'm getting a good pump, endurance and strength. Going on 2 weeks, aside from energy (no PWO stim) I really don't feel a big difference. This has been quite interesting.

No test-booster, no glucose support, no creatine or beta-alanine, no extra BCAA's (some increased soreness), no big difference.