Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 45

L-Leucine Ethyl Ester HCI: 1,800mg
L-Isoleucine Ethyl Ester HCI: 900mg
L-Valine Ethyl Ester HCI: 900mg

Initital Thoughts:

I never let a clever marketing team or a huge gym rat sway me into making a judgment on a supplement without having tried it first. I’ve tried various esterified substances in the past, some I felt worked (arginine-EE) while others (creatine-EE) did not. These days, companies are willing to slap on an ester or molecularly alter any substance if it has the possibility of increasing profit so I felt it was time to put BCAA-EE to the test.

Ingredient Value: 8/10

Pure BCAA’s, nothing to complain about and the scientifically proven ratio of Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine (2:1:1) was incorporated to this product, as I would expect it to be in any BCAA product.

Cost Effectiveness: 5/10

Coming from a company named “Generic Labz” you would expect the quality of the product to be the same as the name brands accompanied by a lower price. I don’t doubt that quality of the product, although I am disappointed that it’s price tag is not lower than it’s competitors.

Dosing Efficiency: 8/10

180caps per bottle, recommended dosing is 4 caps daily at various times. As I used this product for a month I used 6 caps per day on average while sometimes megadosing (6 x 2 = 12caps/day) to see if there were increased results. No problems with serving size, etc.

Results: 8/10

As the product was a guaranteed success, it obviously aided in recovery, anti-catabolism, etc as it was pure BCAA’s. That being said, I have supplement with your typical BCAA products as well and will say that speaking solely about results, this product delivered the best. My training is always intense, prior to this product (where I had not been taking any BCAA product) I remember having this one back and bicep workout where the next day I was literally in agony. For me my biceps are my weak spot, whenever back and bicep day comes along I know tomorrow I’m going to be sore. Well, a few days into taking the product it was that time and although the next day hurt a lot, it just wasn’t as bad. By the time I was almost done the product doing bicep’s really wasn’t a big deal in the DOMS department.

One thing I will state is that many people seem to think esterifying BCAA’s is for increased absorption and because the body has no problem absorbing BCAA’s, the product must be worthless. It would be a mistake for you to think along the lines of these people as there is a big difference between cellular absorption and gut absorption, which ultimately ends in digestion.

The goal of BCAA’s is in fact cellular absorption meaning that BCAA’s are meant to be absorbed into muscle cells and used to repair damaged fibers, etc. By esterfying BCAA’s they become more fat-soluable allowing them to cross cell membranes ultimately ending in cellular absorption. Example: a Leucine molecule will cross over a cell membrane into a muscle cell and be used to repair damage, as opposed to unesterified BCAA’s not being able to crossover (as well as esterified BCAA’s) ultimately being digested as food for energy.

Overall Rating: 7.25/10

Conclusion:

After using this product I am now a believer in esterified amino acids. Scientifically it makes sense as opposed to blending an ester (an acid) with a pH-sensitive product such as creatine, etc.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a quality BCAA supplement.

I will however, also recommend that the price tag on this product be dropped down to something more appropriate to those in charge at GL. Hopefully they won’t be to mad at me for saying that.