Bludevil's Swell Run (sponsored)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
First, would like to thank Nimbus Nutrition for choosing me to be a tester. I'm really excited about trying this product as it's basketball season for me, so i want to see how the results translates on the court as well as the gym. So without further ado - a little about Swell, then followed by a little about me.

Swell™ Energy and Performance Optimizer

It is a well known fact that a solid foundation is essential to a strong structure. Well there is NO question about the foundation of the newest Nimbus Nutrition product, Swell™. Once again Nimbus has taken a “Simple yet Synergist” approach to supplement development. Building off their ground breaking, patent pending formula Poseidon Complex™, Nimbus has created another Staple Supplement for every athlete that believes “Performance is Everything”. They are proud to introduce…Swell™.

Swell™ is a combination of Poseidon Complex™, coupled with a very specific dose of Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate. The combination of these 3 distinct, USP grade compounds has revealed another extremely synergistic effect that Nimbus Nutrition is quickly becoming known for in the Sports Supplement and Nutrition Industry. Poseidon™ has already been proven among athletes in the real world time and time again. Now, with the incredible fatigue reduction and improved physical working capacity1 associated with Beta-Alanine supplementation and the ability of Citrulline Malate to increase aerobic energy during exercise2 (not to mention an incredible pump), Swell™ takes your intense athletic activity to a whole new level. On top of that Swell™ also includes 3000mgs of L-Leucine to improve muscle recovery. Swell™ is much more than a “NO Booster”, it is a “Potential Energy Releaser” for Optimum Performance Enhancement. Swell™ is intended for only the serious athlete that expects as much from a supplement as they do from themselves.

Swell™ by Nimbus Nutrition…Expect RESULTS from the company that knows “PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING”!

Swell™ Highlights

• Increased Hydration
• Higher Working Capacity
• Reduced Fatigue
• Increased Oxygen Delivery to Muscles
• Promote Protein Synthesis
• Increased Muscle Recovery
• Increased Aerobic and Anaerobic Energy Production
• Intense Muscle Pumps
• Suppressed Protein Catabolism
• Increased Mental Acuity

Height: 6.0
Weight: 198lbs
BF%: Give or take around 15% (need to get this checked for a more accurate measurement).

I plan on playing basketball at least 2 nights a week during the upcoming months. I'm in pretty decent shape but I've certainly lost a step and lost a few inches off my vertical. Most of this could probably be attributed to age and weight. For the next month or so, I'm going to train to help build my endurance and lose a little fat in the process. I'm hoping my training routine will carry over onto the court.

Right now I'm using 5 compound exercises (that are switched up from day to day) and running 3 giant supersets at 8 reps each. So, basically I'll setup all the equipment and go through all exercises with no rest. Then I rest for 3 to 4 minutes and then hit it again. After I reach my desired 3 runs, I hop on the tready for some cardio. Usually run for 15 to 20 minutes with the goal of 10 minute miles. Hopeing to knock some time off of this by the end of my Swell run.

Exercises include any of the 5 for a given day:
(Deadlifts, Squats, Front Squats, DB Lunges with overhead press, reverse lunges, Wide Grip rows, db push press, step-ups, military press, pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, bench press, close-grip bench press, pushups-with db row, burpees, scalp push-ups, upright rows, BB clean, Snatch Pulls, Cable woodchops, DB Jump Squat).

Diet has been pretty clean. Except for the occasional binge over the Holidays, my diet will be mainly low carb with carbs being (oats, sweet potatoes, fiber one, apples, grapefruit)Meals will mainly consist of protein, fats and veggies with carbs being added in post workout and mornings. I'll run this for a while and see how it goes. If I'm not losing at the rate I would like, I will switch over to the Cut Diet which I ran successfully last summer.

I think thats it for now. Log will start once Swell comes in the mail.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice start bludevil. I think you'll find the cardio aspects of Swell to be quite pleasing(for me they are). Should really help out with that treadmill and those supersets. Looking forward to this one.;)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nice start bludevil. I think you'll find the cardio aspects of Swell to be quite pleasing(for me they are). Should really help out with that treadmill and those supersets. Looking forward to this one.;)
Cool, really looking forward myself. On a good note, I received my Swell today but on a bad note, my family is heading out of state the day after Christmas. So I will be lifting up unto Christmas, then I don't know how much I will get until the next week.

Prld2gr8ns, do you think it would be beneficial for me to run Swell immediately, then not take it while I'm out of town, or run the entire time (lifting or not) or just wait until I get back (New Years Day), when my training will be back on track before starting Swell.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My guess would be after, but thats just me :)
Concurr. Consistency would really be beneficial with Swell, so I would personally wait until you are interruption-free. But that's just me.:D

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Concurr. Consistency would really be beneficial with Swell, so I would personally wait until you are interruption-free. But that's just me.:D
Done, thanks...

Supplementation of Swell will begin Dec 31.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Have you at least tasted it yet,lol?
Of course, as soon as I got it, I opened it up, stuck my finger in it, swirled it around a little and licked my finger :food: My wife and I decided not to buy each other Christmas presents this year and buy presents for a needy child. So, this was kind of like my Christmas present.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course, as soon as I got it, I opened it up, stuck my finger in it, swirled it around a little and licked my finger :food: My wife and I decided not to buy each other Christmas presents this year and buy presents for a needy child. So, this was kind of like my Christmas present.
Nice.

I think the wife and I may adopt something like that a little later down the road. Our little guy has soooooo many toys etc...After his birthday we loaded up 3 garbage bag's full of toys and took them to the salvation army and battered woman and children homes. Good for you man!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just a tip, but watermelon xtend makes swell taste goood.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nice.

I think the wife and I may adopt something like that a little later down the road. Our little guy has soooooo many toys etc...After his birthday we loaded up 3 garbage bag's full of toys and took them to the salvation army and battered woman and children homes. Good for you man!
Definately know what you mean with toys. I have a 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son, and they have toys on top of toys laying every where. I have no idea where we're going to put the toys they get from Christmas from. That's a good idea about donating toys to salvation army. Might bag up some toys over the holidays myself since I have some time off from work.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
just a tip, but watermelon xtend makes swell taste goood.
thanks for the tip, but I don't have any xtend laying around. I do have bulk bcaa's but their not going to improve the taste of anything. I do have some grape flavored creatine (storm) that I may mix with it if taste is an issue, but from my finger taste-test, I don't think I'll have any problems.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the tip, but I don't have any xtend laying around. I do have bulk bcaa's but their not going to improve the taste of anything. I do have some grape flavored creatine (storm) that I may mix with it if taste is an issue, but from my finger taste-test, I don't think I'll have any problems.
No Xtend :wtf: lol, Nutra sale is stil going on. Not a bad idea to stock up, 2 big tubs for $75 + free small orange which taste's awesome

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
No Xtend :wtf: lol, Nutra sale is stil going on. Not a bad idea to stock up, 2 big tubs for $75 + free small orange which taste's awesome
:frustrate: yeah tell me about it, but we're on a tight budget right now due to Christams. My wife and I both come from large families, so theirs a lot of Christmas presents to buy. Holding off on purchasing any supps until Jan. Hopefully the sale will still be going on, because I do love me some xtend.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Hey fella's, sorry for the lack of updates, but I haven't worked out since last Friday. Head'n out of town tomorrow to vacation with wife's family. Hopefully I'll get a workout or two in while on vacation but not expecting much. Things will get back on track starting next Wednesday (back to work :) ). I did try 1 serving of Swell. For me, it didn't have much of a taste. Don't know if it's non-flavored or not because it doesn't have a flavor on the bottle but if I had to guess, I'd say non-flavored, but did seem to have a better workout, but I'd say it was more placebo effect than anything from 1st dose.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey fella's, sorry for the lack of updates, but I haven't worked out since last Friday. Head'n out of town tomorrow to vacation with wife's family. Hopefully I'll get a workout or two in while on vacation but not expecting much. Things will get back on track starting next Wednesday (back to work :) ). I did try 1 serving of Swell. For me, it didn't have much of a taste. Don't know if it's non-flavored or not because it doesn't have a flavor on the bottle but if I had to guess, I'd say non-flavored, but did seem to have a better workout, but I'd say it was more placebo effect than anything from 1st dose.
It's designed to be flavorless. Makes for great versatility if one wants to mix it with other products. If you get tired of drinking non-flavored, I suggest crystal light lemonade on-the-go packs. Mix in 20oz of water with 2scoops of Swell, and WHAM!!! That stuff is goooood.:D

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
It's designed to be flavorless. Makes for great versatility if one wants to mix it with other products. If you get tired of drinking non-flavored, I suggest crystal light lemonade on-the-go packs. Mix in 20oz of water with 2scoops of Swell, and WHAM!!! That stuff is goooood.:D

Sounds like a winner, but non-flavored is cool with me.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/2/08 - 1st day of Swell

Finally back on track. Weighed myself yesterday and I've gained 3lbs over the holidays. I'm guessing mostly fat as I only worked out twice over the last 2 weeks.

Todays w/o went as followed:

3 giant supersets at 8 reps with 4 minute rest between

Squats - 225
Chin-ups - BW
Lunge with DB overhead press - 25lb
Pushups with DB Row - 25lb
Cable woodchops - 50lbs

•Dosage: 2 scoops pre w/o.

• Strength: Strength was a little off today. I imagine it's from the long layoff.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: Weight was at 201 yesterday morning.

• Pumps/Vascularity: Pumps were ok, but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Endurance: Again, same as strength, a little off but imagine it's from time off.

• Focus: Focus and determination was their today. Had good motivation to get into the gym and get my butt back on track.

• Overall Energy: Again, hate to keep repeating, but my entire w/o seemed to be a little off. Energy wasn't what I would have liked. Again, due to time off and probably lack of sleep. Over the holidays I was averaging about 9 hours of sleep and I got 6 last night.

• Personal Commentary: One thing I've noticed the most with these giant supersets, is my numbers have to be drastically reduced for me to perform the entire set without stopping. So yeah, I know those #'s suck but hopefully once my endurance increase the poundages will start increasing as well.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, alright.... nice to see this starting up BD. It's going to be a good way to help kick off the new year.:D

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/3/08 - 2nd day of Swell

BB Bench Press - 225
BB Cleans - 120
BB Snatch Pulls - 85lb
BB Overhead Push Press - 110
Seated Wide Grip Rows - 100

• Dosage: 2 scoops breakfast and pre w/o on empty stomach.

• Strength: Strength still not up to par, but should be back by next week.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: Didn't weight myself this morning.

• Pumps/Vascularity: Pumps were pretty normal.

• Endurance: Endurance seemed to a little better today. Was able to get through all 3 supersets without panting as much between exercises.

• Focus: Focus was good today.Was able to look past other people in the gym and just concentrate on the weights.

• Overall Energy: Energy was a little better today. Got 8 hours of sleep, so that helped as well.

• Personal Commentary: Biggest difference I noticed today was the BA tingles. I forgot to mention yesterday that I didn't take my morning dose of Swell, so that could be one reason why I had more tingles today. Anyway, I like it :thumbsup:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
prld2gr8ns, For my morning dose of Swell, I usually mix it up the night before just to make things go quicker in the morning. Does this effect the potency or degrade Swell in anyway.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/4/08 - 3rd day of Swell

2 hours of pick-up basketball

• Strength: N/A

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: Weighed 198 after playing which is a 3lb drop but probaby just water weight.

• Pumps/Vascularity: N/A

• Endurance: Endurance was pretty good today for my 1st run of basketball in over 2.5 weeks. Probably played 6 or 7 games in the 2 hour span (This was straight, as my team didn't lose a game). Running really well the first 3 or 4 games but started choosing my spots to run by the end.

• Focus: Don't know much about focus per se, but drive and heart was good today.

• Overall Energy: Energy was better than expected given the lack of play over the holidays and the weight gain. Again, had really good energy the 1st hour of play but steadily declined within the 2nd hour.

• Personal Commentary: Was nice getting back on the court. I usually play once or twice a week, and not playing any for 2.5 weeks can really take a toll on your game. I was pleasantly surpised with endurance and energy I had today. Had some really good runs so I was pleased.

On the basketball note, league play starts in 1 or 2 weeks. This is where I'll really test Swell and it's endurance effects. One thing I've learned is their's a huge difference between league play and pick-up games as far as running goes. During our 1st game last year in league play, I almost passed out from fatigue on the court.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/5 & 1/6/08 - 4th and 5th days of Swell

• Dosage: 1 scoop breakfast and 1 afternoon on empty stomach.

No Training

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good bludevil. Can't wait to see how this stuff works during league play.

As for the night time mix of Swell, it's not a problem. That's actually one of the ways I prepare mine as well.:thumbsup:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/7/08 - 6th day of Swell

Power Good Mornings - 145
Hang Cleans - 120
DB Overhead Jump - 35lb
DB Swing - 65
Burpees - 8

• Strength: Strength seemed to be better today. Was able to hit all reps/pounds.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: 199 over the weekend.

• Endurance: Endurance seems to be on the rise. Don't know if it's the Swell or getting adjusted to this training or both but workouts are starting to get easier regarding not taking as many breathers in between exercises to hit all marks.

• Focus: Focus/Drive wasn't as good today. Although I got through the routine, it just seemed hard mentally.

• Overall Energy: Energy coincides with focus. Don't really know what it was, but something was off. Like I said, physically I got through the workout ok, but it was very hard mentally. Don't know if it's overtraining, reduced cals/carbs, etc... but something was up. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

• Personal Commentary: Body must be getting saturated with BA as I'm not getting the intense tingles I was getting at the beginning.

Also on the basketball note, league play starts next Monday (Jan 14), so me and the guys on the team will probably play a few games tonight for practice.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Good looking log. After a layoff it takes a bit to get back on track. Hang in there and before long you workouts will surpass all of your past efforts.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Good looking log. After a layoff it takes a bit to get back on track. Hang in there and before long you workouts will surpass all of your past efforts.
Thanks WD, I'm hoping so. I like the routine I'm on as it only takes 20 minutes or so to complete but man is it taxing on the CNS. If I continue to feel the same way, I'll switch back to a normal bodybuilding routine.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/8/08 - 7th day of Swell

Sumo Deadlifts - 300
Close Grip Bench Presses - 225
DB Reverse Lunge - 35lb
DB Push Press - 65
Scalp Pushups - 10

20 minutes of cardio on tready at 3.5 speed and 5 incline.

• Strength: Strength seems to be getting back to normal.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: 199 over the weekend.

• Endurance: Again, endurance was pretty good today. Had no problems getting through routine physically.

• Focus: Kind of the same as yesterday. I believe this routine is pretty taxing on the CNS and back to back days is hurting me.

• Overall Energy: While I had energy to get through workout, still in somewhat of a lull. Hard to explain.

• Personal Commentary: Nothing really to report here except I hope this brain fog/mental thing goes away soon. No lifting tomorrow, just cardio so hopefully I'll be refreshed Thursday.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/9/08 - 8th day of Swell

No lifting today, just cardio

Weather was nice, so I jogged outside for about 40 minutes, then finished up with 15 minutes on a bike. (Jog was a slow to moderate pace, I'd guess 5.0 speed on tready).

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: 198.5 this morning

• Endurance: endurance seems to be getting better. About midway through the jog, mentally I was ready to slow down and walk, but physically I was fine so I just kept jogging.

• Focus: Focus was pretty good today.

• Overall Energy: Energy seemed to be a little better today. Had no issues with the cardio today. Be interesting to see where I'm at tomorrow with lifting.

• Personal Commentary: Although I'm not a big runner, I thoroughly enjoyed my jog today. Weather was in the high 60's with sunny skies so it was rather nice to get outside.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/10/08 - 9th day of Swell

Power Good Mornings - 145
Hang Cleans - 120
DB Overhead Jump - 35lb
DB Swing - 65
Burpees - 8

20 minutes of cardio on tready at 3.5 speed and 5 incline.

• Strength: Strength is finally back on par. Felt really strong today.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: 198.5 yesterday. Didn't weigh today.

• Pumps/Vascularity: So far not noticing a lot in this area, but I think a large part might be contributed to my routine. Since I'm not doing high reps on a specific muscle group, I'm not going to see a lot of pumps. I may switch routines for a day or two in a week or so, to see if I can see any difference.

• Endurance: Endurance was awesome today. Today has been my best day in the gym since returning from Christmas break.

• Focus: Focus and Drive above average today.

• Overall Energy: Energy was good today, again best day in the gym in about a month.

• Personal Commentary: Not sure what to attribute my well-being in the gym today too, but I hope it stays. I'm guessing my bodys getting used to the routine, no lifting yesterday, and of course the Swell. Today was 10 out of 10.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good bd. Those wo's could easily lead you to overtax yourself. Could indeed be responsible for the mental fog you had the other day. I always get that way whenever I've had a super hard workout.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/11/08 - 10th day of Swell

Had to go to the Dr. this morning and the visit took longer than expected. This in turn, threw my whole day off as far as work so I didn't have time to go to the gym today.

I'll probaby do some pushups and situps tonight just to do something.

• Dosage: 1 scoops breakfast and 1 scoop in the afternoon

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: 198 this morning.

• Endurance: N/A at this time but we'll see how the speed and reps of the pushups and situps go tonight and judge.

• Focus: N/A

• Overall Energy: Overall energy for today has been good, although I haven't done much except play catch-up in front of a computer most of the day.

• Personal Commentary: Overall, a good day. Looking forward to Monday night, which will be my 1st league game.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
prld2gr8ns, on off days, I'm only taking 1 scoop of Swell twice a day to extend the life of the bottle. Is this ok, or should I stick to the 2 scoops, twice a day on or off.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
prld2gr8ns, on off days, I'm only taking 1 scoop of Swell twice a day to extend the life of the bottle. Is this ok, or should I stick to the 2 scoops, twice a day on or off.
The way your doing it is perfect.:thumbsup:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/12/08 - 11th day of Swell - Off

1/13/08 - 12th day of Swell - Off

1/14/08/ - 13th day of Swell

Had a busy day at work and not a lot of time for working out. I did manage to go to our gym and shoot some hoops for a few minutes to try and get my shot going before our 1st game tonight. Also, not sure if time will permit, but I may try to leave work early to hit the gym (I usually work out during my lunch break).

• Dosage: 1 scoop breakfast and 1 scoop in the afternoon and 2 scoops 30 prior to basketball game tonight (9pm).

So, for right now, nothing to report but I will update after tonights game or tomorrow how things went.

- Edit -
Since my workouts was closer to my game than I wanted, I switched things up so I wouldn't get so taxed and have no energy for the game.
I did 3 sets of 10 of upper body exercises using machines.
Worked out Chest, Back, Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders using the same type of giant superset. Went from one exercise to the next with no rest and 3 to 4 minutes rest between supersets. Weights used was about 50 - 75% max so I wouldn't tax my CNS. Last thing I wanted was to go to the gym all pumped up and shooting bricks all night long.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Last nights game was pretty interesting. We were down by 5 points with 35 seconds to go. Then one of our guys hits a shot. We then came down and stole the ball and we got fouled. The guy hit 1 for 2 shots that left us down by 2. The other team came down with about 15 seconds to go and lost the ball. My teammate threw me the ball and I made a layup as time expired to send it into overtime. Game was tied in overtime with less than a minute when my teammate hit a 3. Other team came down and missed a 3 and then fouled us. Our guy hit both free throws which ended the game. WHew that was a close one:eek:

As far as how I held up, I was impressed. Like I mentioned earlier, their's a huge difference from playing pick-up ball and an actual game as far as running goes. Throughout the night, I found myself to be running the floor on fast breaks fairly easy. In the second half we also played a full court press, which can get you tired. But I didn't tire out, and still seemed to have my legs under me at the end of the night. I thought it was interesting after the ball game, I was the only one on my team NOT complaining about being tired and out of shape.

As far as this game goes, I believe Swell met all the label claims. :thumbsup:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/15/08 - 15th day of Swell

Squats - 225
Chin-ups - BW + 10
Lunge with DB overhead press - 35lb
Pushups with DB Row - 35lb
Cable woodchops - 60lbs

20 minutes of cardio on the tready at 3.5 speed and 5 incline

•Dosage: 2 scoops at breakfast and 2 scoops pre w/o

• Strength: Strength was good today. Added some pounds on the chin-ups, lunge and pushup exercises from the last time I performed them.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: Holding at 198. I have a goal set for 195 by the end of Jan.

• Pumps/Vascularity: Pumps in leg were noticeble today.

• Endurance: Endurance was good but not like my last workout. I think playing so late last night (didn't get home until 11pm) took some out of me.

• Focus: Focus was ok today. NFL Network was on the gym tv showing an old Superbowl game between Denver and Green Bay. Found myself getting caught up in that.

• Overall Energy: Energy was ok, but like endurance not like it was last week. Again, I think the game last night is mostly to blame for this.

• Personal Commentary: I'm seriously thinking of changing up routines. I've been running this one for about 2 months now and I think it's starting to catch up with me. I may try to run a more tradional bb routine but still incorporate supersets. For example, 1 day may be Chest/Bi's. So I would do 1 set of bb presses superset with BB curls. I don't know, but that's what I'm thinking. I'm also looking at the Tri-Phase routine created by Derick Charlebois.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1/16/08 - 16th day of Swell

Switched workouts today. Here's my new routine.

Monday - Chest & Bi's
Tuesday - Legs & Abs
Wednesday - Back & Tri's
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Basketball

Here's a sample of today's workout.
3 sets of 5 - BB Bench Press superset BB Curls
3 sets of 10 - Incline DB Press superset with Preacher Curls
3 sets of 15 - Cable Xovers superset with Cable Curls

Reps of 5 - 2 minute rest
Reps of 10 - 90 seconds rest
Reps of 15 - 60 seconds rest

20 minutes of cardio on the tready at 3.5 speed

•Dosage: 2 scoops at breakfast and 2 scoops pre w/o

• Strength: Strength seemed to be better today. I think switching up to a more tradional bodybuilding routine will help retain strength as I try to lose fat.

• Bodyweight/Body Comp: Didn't weight, so still 198

• Pumps/Vascularity: Pumps were prevalent in Bi's after the 15 reps of cable curls. Thought my arms were going to explode before I could finish the set.

• Endurance: Endurance was good, had no issues what so ever getting all the reps. Was afraid I would, because I'm not a fan of high reps so I rarely do anything over 10 reps.

• Focus: Focus was great today. Was dialed in on the new routine.

• Overall Energy: Energy was great today. Again, I think just changing things up made a huge difference. I truly believe the other routine was taxing my CNS. The author of the routine (who I've forgot) said not to run it more that 8 weeks and I think I've ran it for about 12, so it was time to change anyway.

• Personal Commentary: Nothing really to add except I think I'll enjoy this new routine. Overall, a good day in the gym.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Good to see your doing well on the new routine.
Yeah, I really like it, but I'm interested to see how it pans out, because it's something that I created. Just kind of combined different things out other routines to make my own.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I really like it, but I'm interested to see how it pans out, because it's something that I created. Just kind of combined different things out other routines to make my own.
What your doing is the approach of any and every person who has been in the weighlifting game for a long time. You learn what you like, don't like, and enjoy as a workout. Thus, eventually you learn to tailor workouts more towards you own person.

I think you'll like it, it sounds very interesting to me.:thumbsup:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
What your doing is the approach of any and every person who has been in the weighlifting game for a long time. You learn what you like, don't like, and enjoy as a workout. Thus, eventually you learn to tailor workouts more towards you own person.

I think you'll like it, it sounds very interesting to me.:thumbsup:
Thanks, as long as it keeps me excited about going to the gym, that's the main thing.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
i'm interested to see what shoulders is
I'll give you an example of shoulders but I don't have the routine in front of me, but it will look something like this.

3 sets of 5 - Military Press superset with DB Front Raises
3 sets of 10 - BB Upright Rows superset with DB Side Raises
3 sets of 15 - Machine Lateral Raises superset DB Shrugs

Also, I forgot to add in my above post but rest times are as follows:
Reps of 5 - 2 minute rest
Reps of 10 - 90 seconds rest
Reps of 15 - 60 seconds rest

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Looks great BD, I've been following your log for a bit. It convinced me to pick up some Swell, Tri-Creatine, Muira Puima, and some Shred XS that im going to be stacking for awhile. Good log!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that does sound like a nice shoulder workout. I may give the bluedevil workout a shot :)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Looks great BD, I've been following your log for a bit. It convinced me to pick up some Swell, Tri-Creatine, Muira Puima, and some Shred XS that im going to be stacking for awhile. Good log!

Thanks man, much appreciated. Also, been admiring your avi for awhile now :thumbsup:
Sounds like a nice stack, you going to log it. I'd be interested.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
that does sound like a nice shoulder workout. I may give the bluedevil workout a shot :)
LOL, let me know how it goes. For me, the low rep (high weight) stuff doesn't bother me, it's the light-medium weight for 15 reps that kills me, especially with only 1 minute rest between sets.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, as long as it keeps me excited about going to the gym, that's the main thing.
Your not the only one that tries to add some spice into their workouts, I do the same thing.:D