Wrasslin116's pin to win 50 day adventure!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Wrasslin116's pin to win 50 day adventure!


    This is my 1st time logging so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. Ok done a few months worth of researching and decided.. dun dun dun, going to do a 50 day cycle of X Factor at 4 a day. It's wrestling season right now and I'm wrestling at 145. Figured that right now would be the perfect time to try out X Factor cuz this is the time my body is getting hammered the most out of the year.

    Stats-
    15 yrs old
    3 years lifting
    5'4
    140-145 lbs

    Goals- increase muscle and strength and get an upper edge in my weight class which is the hardest I hear (I'm only a freshman)

    I just ordered my 2 bottles tonight.. so it should be here in a feel days hopefully! I'll also be taking:
    ON 100% whey
    bulk BCAA's
    White Flood


    Before pics (couldn't get any good ones.. hope these are good enough)








    Thats as good as I could do.. promise after pics will be better! Lol. Ok I'll start logging as soon as it comes in.. I'll be here for any questions.

  2. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32271
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    GL Wrasslin!

    145 sounds like a really light weight, but damn for your height 5'4 thats pretty sick!

    GL!
  3. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thanks a bunch! It's a good gain for me considering I wrestled 128 last year.. lol.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,240
    Rep Power
    963213
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    38.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Beware the DOMS from XF and wrestling. It is the only thing that is holding me back from running it ATM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Ya.. I'm all ready for it. Thanks for the heads up tho!
  6. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32271
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Ya.. I'm all ready for it. Thanks for the heads up tho!
    haha you say that now

    DOMS is pretty intense on X-Factor. Very effective product overall however.
  7. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Oh yay.. this is gonna be fun lol. Oh well, I can live with it.. wrestling and lifting isn't about the easy way out.
  8. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Well.. should be here anyday now. I have the rest of this week, next week and I think some time the next one till my next meet. Had a tri meet tonight and it didn't go well lol. I weighed in at 140 after chugging about 3 bottles of waters worth cuz my coach said I had to weigh 140 and had me chug water to make it so I could wrestle 152.
  9. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Alright.. my 2 bottles just came in today so I'm going to start Monday! Can't wait
  10. Advanced Member
    MESSPLAY's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

    subbed - it'll be interesting to hear from a younger's guy perspective.

    You have a great foundation and you really know what you're doing. Great work and nice body (no homo)
  11. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    subbed - it'll be interesting to hear from a younger's guy perspective.

    You have a great foundation and you really know what you're doing. Great work and nice body (no homo)
    Thanks for the support! Those were bad pics.. I would get better but I don't have a way to get new ones unless I'm at my moms.
  12. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Ok, starting tomarrow!!!! Can't wait, gonna be hard going to sleep =] but uhh, here's my workout for each day..

    Monday- Chest
    Tuesday- Bi's
    Wedsday- Delts/Traps
    Thursday- Tri's
    Friday- Back

    I get time out of wrestling practice each day to lift so after I'm done with that I usualy have about a hour and 30 min of practice after.. sucks cuz my coach is gone sprint crazy lately lol oh well feeling of accomplishment when practice is over is the best.

    Practice is 8-10 everymorning this week cuz of break so I get up at 7 and take my protein shake and take 2 XF's, 15 min before practice drink my White Flood, then at practice I have around 10-20g of BCAA's in propel. When I get home from practice I have 2 scoops of whey and I'll have another 2 XF's.
  13. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    DAY 1

    Ok today was chest and I also did bi's because I can't workout tomarrow.. great workout, was seeing veins in my arms I never saw before, I doubt it was from the X tho because it's too early to see any benafits. But anyways, great workout did 20 min cardio at the end. Can't wait until the effects start to kick in..

    -Wrasslin
  14. Elite Member
    john123131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    2989
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    9.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Monday- Chest
    Tuesday- Bi's
    Wedsday- Delts/Traps
    Thursday- Tri's
    Friday- Back
    .
    I wish you tons of luck on this cycle, my worry is that I dont see a legs day in that routine??..Do you train legs?.If I missed it I applogize.
  15. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Oh yeah, sorry for not putting that in. I do legs on Saturdays when I go to World.
  16. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Day 3

    Great workout today! Was kinda groggy and everything from last night so I took 4 scoops White Flood pre workout, done it before and works great. Today was shoulders, again I have to say what a great workout it was! New veins again, I'm starting to see veins in my shoulders and I've never seen that before. Also new record side lat raises, I usualy do 5 sets of 10 with 30's, I did it with 35's for the last 3 sets today!

    Sides- Nothing, my back is pretty sore but thats about it that I can think of (started being sore Monday)

    -Wrasslin
  17. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    4605
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    62.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    its safe for a 15 year old to take X-factor?
  18. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Day 4

    Ups- Great workout before practice this morning with tri's, felt like I could go forever. Weights I was struggling with before were easy today. Sprints kicked my ass.. but I usualy get winded around the 12th, this time I didn't till about the 18th. Also another new vein lol, I just go crazy about the veins, got one running up my right calf now.

    Downs- Still nothing really, my shoulder is still jacked up from Saturday (before I started) and my lower back is still a little sore, nothing to complain about tho.

    Overall- LOVING it! I weighed in at 137 with sweat pants, shorts, socks and ipod still in my pocket so I'm also losing weight.. I've been bulking up until a week before this and lost my abs, their back and showing again now so I'm really excited!
  19. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    its safe for a 15 year old to take X-factor?
    Yes its perfectly fine. It's an omega 6 fatty acid if I'm correct and extracted from red meat? But perfectly safe.
  20. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    4605
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    62.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Yes its perfectly fine. It's an omega 6 fatty acid if I'm correct and extracted from red meat? But perfectly safe.

    ahh yea i just searched that after I left that post. lol

    why does it cost so much though if its just a fatty acid?
  21. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Umm I don't really know.. but then again theres only 2 products out that contain this, well theres bulk also. That might be the reason? Not sure, but from how things are going so far its worth it lol.
  22. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    4605
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    62.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Umm I don't really know.. but then again theres only 2 products out that contain this, well theres bulk also. That might be the reason? Not sure, but from how things are going so far its worth it lol.
    Yea that could be why. What kind of results are you looking for during this log?
  23. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30562
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

    You've got good genetics kid, this will be interesting to see.

    My only concern is your program seems very bodybuilder like. The fact that you have a whole day devoted to Bi's and another for Tri's is kind of strange. At your age, and especially if you are doing this to improve your wrestling, you should be focusing on working large muscle groups. Squats, deadlifts, heavy presses and rows should be the central feature of you routine. Training Bi's and Tri's should be an after thought (It's actually not needed at all, but I understand if you want da big guns). Almost all of you exercises should be multi joint to get the most efficient growth.

    I also say this because you probobly are training so hard with wrestling, that you are going to want to get the most out of each lift, so having a whole day devoted to rope press downs and skull crushers would probobly be better used resting and growing (either cut training bis and tris out of your program, or stick them on a day with a larger muscle group, or atleast put them together so you get one extra day off).

    Take my advice for what it's worth, good luck.

    DB2000
  24. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I'm looking to lean out which I get leaned out crazily during wrestling because of our practices so this should help a lot. Also I want more muscle gains/strength gains. Not expecting a WHOLE lot but I'm already getting noticable differences in everything.
  25. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    You've got good genetics kid, this will be interesting to see.

    My only concern is your program seems very bodybuilder like. The fact that you have a whole day devoted to Bi's and another for Tri's is kind of strange. At your age, and especially if you are doing this to improve your wrestling, you should be focusing on working large muscle groups. Squats, deadlifts, heavy presses and rows should be the central feature of you routine. Training Bi's and Tri's should be an after thought (It's actually not needed at all, but I understand if you want da big guns). Almost all of you exercises should be multi joint to get the most efficient growth.

    I also say this because you probobly are training so hard with wrestling, that you are going to want to get the most out of each lift, so having a whole day devoted to rope press downs and skull crushers would probobly be better used resting and growing (either cut training bis and tris out of your program, or stick them on a day with a larger muscle group, or atleast put them together so you get one extra day off).

    Take my advice for what it's worth, good luck.

    DB2000
    Glad you pointed that out. I didn't make this a workout for wrestling, I want to start competing in teen bodybuilding competitions because I want to be a bodybuilder when I'm older. Wrestling I only do because I've done it for 3 years now and I can't stay away from it, I love it. I have all the major lifts for the bodypart they work in that groups day, I can send or post my routine if you'd like.
  26. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30562
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

    If you get a chance, do post your workout, it will be interesting to see.

    I do still think you should consider at least combining your arms into 1 day, or put them with your back and chest. If you were doing a specialty "arm growth peroid", I could see spending a little time having their own day each, but with all your lifts and wrestling, your might be spreading your capacity to grow a little thin. The extra rest will give you more time to grow.
  27. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    4605
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    62.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    You've got good genetics kid, this will be interesting to see.

    My only concern is your program seems very bodybuilder like. The fact that you have a whole day devoted to Bi's and another for Tri's is kind of strange. At your age, and especially if you are doing this to improve your wrestling, you should be focusing on working large muscle groups. Squats, deadlifts, heavy presses and rows should be the central feature of you routine. Training Bi's and Tri's should be an after thought (It's actually not needed at all, but I understand if you want da big guns). Almost all of you exercises should be multi joint to get the most efficient growth.

    I also say this because you probobly are training so hard with wrestling, that you are going to want to get the most out of each lift, so having a whole day devoted to rope press downs and skull crushers would probobly be better used resting and growing (either cut training bis and tris out of your program, or stick them on a day with a larger muscle group, or atleast put them together so you get one extra day off).

    Take my advice for what it's worth, good luck.

    DB2000
    thats a great point. I love curls, but they really arent worth it for maximum growth. I only do triceps becuase I need 'em for baseball. But I only do 1-2 exericses when I workout my chest.
  28. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30562
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    thats a great point. I love curls, but they really arent worth it for maximum growth. I only do triceps becuase I need 'em for baseball. But I only do 1-2 exericses when I workout my chest.
    That to me is very sensible.

    Side note: make sure you are stretching a ton. When I started lifting I lost my ability to throw a good fastball, which confused me because I was stronger, but it was because I was an idiot and didn't stretch. Flexibilty is the secret weapon of better athletic performence.
  29. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    4605
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    62.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    That to me is very sensible.

    Side note: make sure you are stretching a ton. When I started lifting I lost my ability to throw a good fastball, which confused me because I was stronger, but it was because I was an idiot and didn't stretch. Flexibilty is the secret weapon of better athletic performence.
    Yea I really need to focus on stretching more. I rarely do it and thats not a good idea while lifting heavy lifts. And of course, it is great to be flexible in sports.
  30. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    If you get a chance, do post your workout, it will be interesting to see.

    I do still think you should consider at least combining your arms into 1 day, or put them with your back and chest. If you were doing a specialty "arm growth peroid", I could see spending a little time having their own day each, but with all your lifts and wrestling, your might be spreading your capacity to grow a little thin. The extra rest will give you more time to grow.
    Since track last year I was combining diff bodyparts so I decided to take a break from that and go individual for a while and see how it goes. Heres my program.. I'm going high volume right now, working great because my body recovers fast plus I'm real young so that plays a factor in recovery also.

    Monday- Chest

    5x5 bench (week after 5x3 then switch each week)
    5x10 incline (switch between 10 and 5 each week as above)
    3x10 flies
    3x10 incline flies or cable crossovers, depends where I'm at

    Tuesday- Bi's

    5x5 EZ bar curl (switch between 5 and 3 reps each week)
    5x5 DBell curl (switch as above)
    5x5 Hammer curl (same switch)
    3 sets of 21's
    3x10 incline curl

    Wedsday- Shoulders/Traps

    5x10 front lat raise
    5x10 side lat raise
    5x10 upright row
    3x10 military press
    10x10 lat push back? Sorry I don't know the name.. I'll find out today (shoulders are off balance because I've never worked back lats before so I'm catching them up)

    Thursday- Tri's

    5x10 tri push down
    5x10 tri push down with rope(pulling out to sides instead of in
    5x10 one hand tri pull down
    3x10 behind back dip
    3x10 one handed behind back dip
    3x10 skull crushers

    Friday- Back (back needs work so everything is volume)

    5x5 behind head lat pull down (switch between 5 and 10 reps)
    5x5 front lat pull down (same switch)
    5x5 inside lat pull down (same switch)
    5x5 close grip t bar
    5x5 two hand dbell rows (switch between bar and dbell)
    5x10 strait leg deadlift

    Saturday- Legs

    3x5 squats
    3x5 deads
    3x10 leg press
    3x10 leg extension
    3x10 leg curls

    Sunday- Rest
  31. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    That to me is very sensible.

    Side note: make sure you are stretching a ton. When I started lifting I lost my ability to throw a good fastball, which confused me because I was stronger, but it was because I was an idiot and didn't stretch. Flexibilty is the secret weapon of better athletic performence.
    Yeah you deffnitly need lots of stretching even if your not even in a sport. Got to be careful.
  32. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30562
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

    There's a couple of things that stand out for me with your program.

    1) You are doing a rediculous amount of sets. As I said before, you have good genetics it seems, so you might be less prone to overtraining, but rest is the one aspect of growth that gets ignored. More is not always better. Someday you should try cutting back the number of sets you do, and just concentrate of a few really good lifts. I wouldn't change it that much during this log, because you want to stick with what you know, so you can compare X-factor to training without it, but someday give it a whirl.

    2) you are doing too much for your arms. You have more sets for each side of your arm than you do for chest. This is where most of those extra sets I was talking about are. Generally, the smaller the muscle group, the less sets you should do for it. Also, remember, these are support muscles, so when you train Shoulders or Chest, your are training your Tris, and the same holds true for your back and bis.

    3) your tricep day is right after, your shoulder day, which means they are already tired and thus suceptable to overtraining, ie; less growth.

    4) You have stiff legs deadlifts on your back day. It's more of a Glute exercise. It wouldn't be a problem, but it's back to back with your leg day, so your butt will be fatigued before your do Squats and Deads. I normally do regular Dead lifts on my back day, and stiff leg (or romainians) on my leg day, but I space them out (eg legs monday, back on thursday)

    I'm not saying you won't grow on your program, you've had good results already, but I think you could maximze your gains, and also lessen your chance of injury. You are young, so you're less likely to get hurt, but even if you have to take a couple days off the gym, you can fall behind. Like I said before, you're already doing well, so do what you want with my advice.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    2154356
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I dont see a problem with giving a whole day to Bi's. They're a smaller muscle true but if you have the time do it. Thats the only way i can really get mine to grow. I know alot of guys train theirs together because "thats the only way they grow" but most of them that I talk to have never traind them alone for more than a few weeks.

    You can really focus on them without haveing swollen triceps to work against of a lagging grip from doing back.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  34. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    There's a couple of things that stand out for me with your program.

    1) You are doing a rediculous amount of sets. As I said before, you have good genetics it seems, so you might be less prone to overtraining, but rest is the one aspect of growth that gets ignored. More is not always better. Someday you should try cutting back the number of sets you do, and just concentrate of a few really good lifts. I wouldn't change it that much during this log, because you want to stick with what you know, so you can compare X-factor to training without it, but someday give it a whirl.

    2) you are doing too much for your arms. You have more sets for each side of your arm than you do for chest. This is where most of those extra sets I was talking about are. Generally, the smaller the muscle group, the less sets you should do for it. Also, remember, these are support muscles, so when you train Shoulders or Chest, your are training your Tris, and the same holds true for your back and bis.

    3) your tricep day is right after, your shoulder day, which means they are already tired and thus suceptable to overtraining, ie; less growth.

    4) You have stiff legs deadlifts on your back day. It's more of a Glute exercise. It wouldn't be a problem, but it's back to back with your leg day, so your butt will be fatigued before your do Squats and Deads. I normally do regular Dead lifts on my back day, and stiff leg (or romainians) on my leg day, but I space them out (eg legs monday, back on thursday)

    I'm not saying you won't grow on your program, you've had good results already, but I think you could maximze your gains, and also lessen your chance of injury. You are young, so you're less likely to get hurt, but even if you have to take a couple days off the gym, you can fall behind. Like I said before, you're already doing well, so do what you want with my advice.
    For the 1. I know what you mean about over training, I'm always reading about that. The 1st year I was lifting it was 3 days a week and everythings was around 3 sets (bigger faster stronger). 2nd I worked out everyday with 3 sets with diff body parts combined and saw a LOT more growth and strength. And every since I've made the 5 sets of everything I'm bigger and stronger than ever (started a while before the X) but thanks, I'm happy your here to point all this out.

    For 2. right.. I get what you mean, thats why I try spacing them all out during the week so I don't overtrain them but as your pointing out I shouldn't do.

    3. What day should I switch it to? Possibly switch legs and tri days?

    4. I just put that there because I can feel it work my legs a little but I feel it work my back a lot, so I guess I'll put it on my leg day and see how that works.

    Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna listen to it and possibly switch my program up, I do lots of streching also before my lifts for less chance of injury.
  35. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30562
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I dont see a problem with giving a whole day to Bi's. They're a smaller muscle true but if you have the time do it. Thats the only way i can really get mine to grow. I know alot of guys train theirs together because "thats the only way they grow" but most of them that I talk to have never traind them alone for more than a few weeks.

    You can really focus on them without haveing swollen triceps to work against of a lagging grip from doing back.
    I would only ever do it for a few weeks if I was trying to get them to catch up to my other body parts. That extra day of rest is just not woeth giving up IMO. However, evryone is different.
  36. Advanced Member
    Dancebot 2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    934
    Rep Power
    30562
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    53.18%

    I might do this set up

    Mon; Chest
    Tues; back
    wed; tris
    thur; bis
    fri; shoulder
    sat;legs

    And put either your regular dead or stiff leg on back day (preferrably regular)

    or

    Mon; Back
    Tues; Chest
    Wed; bi
    Thur; Shoulder
    Fri; Leg
    sat; tri

    These are not ideal, but they do give you at least 1 day rest between days using the same body part.
  37. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.77%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Right, if I did one of them it would be 1st because some weight lifting coach I know gave me the idea to have chest as the 1st bodypart each week.
  38. Advanced Member
    MESSPLAY's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

    nice numbers man, you make me look like a p u s s y. Any side effects to report?
  39. New Member
    HODGINSx924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    152
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    52.76%

    Age 17
    150 lbs.
    2nd PJW's (Junior Olympics)
    And 3rd In Nationals. (Lost to 1st place, and have beaten kid who took 2nd)
    As you can probably assume i wrestle too, who do you REP? (Like what state)
    How big are you into it, how far have you made it?
    Being Varsity, your freshmen year isn't bad at all, Keep up the good work.


    BTW.. I've wrestled for 14 Years, and one thing you should always remember is to...
    -Train Hard
    -NEVER give up
    -Always come out on top!
  40. Senior Member
    RoidRageX10's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    4605
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    62.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HODGINSx924 View Post
    Age 17
    150 lbs.
    2nd PJW's (Junior Olympics)
    And 3rd In Nationals. (Lost to 1st place, and have beaten kid who took 2nd)
    As you can probably assume i wrestle too, who do you REP? (Like what state)
    How big are you into it, how far have you made it?
    Being Varsity, your freshmen year isn't bad at all, Keep up the good work.


    BTW.. I've wrestled for 14 Years, and one thing you should always remember is to...
    -Train Hard
    -NEVER give up
    -Always come out on top!
    you have been wrestling since you were 3?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
  2. "Doping to Win" on Discovery Channel
    By Moyer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 02:02 PM
  3. doping to win
    By ballzasteel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 09:03 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 11:00 AM
  5. Need your guys help to win a contest!
    By latinsteel in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in