I got my whole house to do RPM/Drive - My Log

hockeyroom28

Awards
After constantly hearing great things on here about AN, I convinced all the guys in my house to do an RPM/Drive stack. We're all doing 2 morning Drive, 2 prewo Drive, and 3 prewo RPM.

Other supplements:
Protein
Glutamine
Green Mag
Multi Vitamin
pretty basic, really want to see what the stack will do

Notes:
Starting today, which is about 1.5 weeks into my PCT from a M-Drol cycle. PCT consists of Clomid, Aromasin, and Myogenx.

Weight: ~174-176

Diet: Not horrible but not great, trying to clean it up a lot. Have about 2-3 cheats per week.

Day 1 starts today, Monday 11/5. I took 2 Drive already, and will be working out around 1:15.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
After constantly hearing great things on here about AN, I convinced all the guys in my house to do an RPM/Drive stack. We're all doing 2 morning Drive, 2 prewo Drive, and 3 prewo RPM.

Other supplements:
Protein
Glutamine
Green Mag
Multi Vitamin
pretty basic, really want to see what the stack will do

Notes:
Starting today, which is about 1.5 weeks into my post cycle therapy from a M-Drol cycle. PCT consists of Clomid, Aromasin, and Myogenx.

Weight: ~174-176

Diet: Not horrible but not great, trying to clean it up a lot. Have about 2-3 cheats per week.

Day 1 starts today, Monday 11/5. I took 2 Drive already, and will be working out around 1:15.

Hey man, Bump up the Drive Dosages up a cap. I noticed that your taking RPM along with Drive. I would advise you to bump up the cap dosages on your Pre work out dose for bout 10 days. 6 caps per day ran for 10 days gave me a sick recomp effect. Also try to fix up your diet and clean it up. Drive can lean you out like crazy. Consume whole foods and on day 12-13 you'll notice getting leaner. I noticed this especially because i would consider myself a fatty. Good luck on this. After about the 2 week mark, bump back the dosages down to 4. RPM and Drive along with X-Factor make a hell of a stack.

hockeyroom28

Awards
Thanks for the reply. So 3 Drive when I wake up and 3 Drive pre workout for the first 2 weeks? Then I can go back down to 2/2? I've heard that 3/3 is the best, but it makes for a pretty expensive stack.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
yes, 3/3 for 10 days then back to 2/2

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Or in your case you can do 2 morning 3 pre. RPM makes it so you need less of the other.

hockeyroom28

Awards
OK I'm pumped. What should I expect to feel from these two? I've never had a thermogenic and never felt the effect of one. I just took 3 RPM and will take 3 Drive in 15 minutes. Hope to see some pumps and focus pre workout.

hockeyroom28

Awards
I took 3/3 Drive/RPM about 20 mins ago and I feel like my head is racing. I feel very focused already and I can't wait to get to the gym

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I took 3/3 Drive/RPM about 20 mins ago and I feel like my head is racing. I feel very focused already and I can't wait to get to the gym
pretty much what you are supposed to feel :D

hockeyroom28

Awards
Had a good workout, felt really pumped, energized and focused. None of my lifts went up, but the first few sets felt easier than normal.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 - 3 cheats a week is not considered a cheat - It's considered not healthy. A clean diet is a must for results.

Good Luck!

nelix

Awards
  • Established
2 - 3 cheats a week is not considered a cheat - It's considered not healthy. A clean diet is a must for results.

Good Luck!
It really depends on how bad and how large the cheat meals are...

hockeyroom28

Awards

Good Luck!
I don't agree with that at all. Consider the normal American diet. My diet, with 3 or even 4-5 cheats out of the whole week still is a WHOLE lot better than eating whatever/wherever/whenever.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Normal American diet? Do you really want to play that card?

I don't agree with that at all. Consider the normal American diet. My diet, with 3 or even 4-5 cheats out of the whole week still is a WHOLE lot better than eating whatever/wherever/whenever.

hockeyroom28

Awards
I know I can be more strict, but I'm just trying to justify

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I know I can be more strict, but I'm just trying to justify
What my bud matt is trying to say (I think) is that body building is a sport of discipline. Controlling your appetite and sticking to certian foods is a must. Although cheats are meant to adjust to your diet it certianly should not be consumed on a daily basis. Depending what your definition of a cheat meal is also another thing.

Try to stick to a good diet plan. It makes cutting a whole lot easier and gains tend to fall into place on a nice balanced macro of healthy fats/carbs/protien. I see your viewpoint also how it is "better" than normal american diets but if body building is your goal or packing in mass you have to learn discipline. Discipline to control what you eat, discipline to hit the gym. Discipline to grow. It's not the fact that your cheating, It's the whole concept of having control which is what packing in mass is all about. Honestly, after consuming turkey, and oats. Ive gotten used to it that It doesnt make a difference to me. To me it is regular food now. Not just a "diet"

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What my bud matt is trying to say (I think) is that body building is a sport of discipline. Controlling your appetite and sticking to certian foods is a must. Although cheats are meant to adjust to your diet it certianly should not be consumed on a daily basis. Depending what your definition of a cheat meal is also another thing.

Try to stick to a good diet plan. It makes cutting a whole lot easier and gains tend to fall into place on a nice balanced macro of healthy fats/carbs/protien. I see your viewpoint also how it is "better" than normal american diets but if body building is your goal or packing in mass you have to learn discipline. Discipline to control what you eat, discipline to hit the gym. Discipline to grow. It's not the fact that your cheating, It's the whole concept of having control which is what packing in mass is all about. Honestly, after consuming turkey, and oats. Ive gotten used to it that It doesnt make a difference to me. To me it is regular food now. Not just a "diet"
I used to be extremely disciplined with my diet- and now am a little more moderate- but I will admit- my best growth and results occurred when I was hyper-disciplined with everything....

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to be extremely disciplined with my diet- and now am a little more moderate- but I will admit- my best growth and results occurred when I was hyper-disciplined with everything....
I find that there is a psychological as well as a physiological benefit to being so adherent to a plan; the truly amazing thing, for me at least, is this determination has positive benefits outside of the gym. When you've eaten only what is on the sheet in front of you for a month straight, you're hitting PRs in the gym everytime, and getting leaner while packing on mass (small amount of both, obviously) you definitely have a marked confidence boost. Being dedicated is worth it in my opinion.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I find that there is a psychological as well as a physiological benefit to being so adherent to a plan; the truly amazing thing, for me at least, is this determination has positive benefits outside of the gym. When you've eaten only what is on the sheet in front of you for a month straight, you're hitting PRs in the gym everytime, and getting leaner while packing on mass (small amount of both, obviously) you definitely have a marked confidence boost. Being dedicated is worth it in my opinion.
Absolutely- diet is my weak point dedication-wise- I still do the 5-6 meals a day thing- high protein, good fats and complex carbs- but I tend to throw in some extras that don't need to be in there....

As far as training, and life for that matter- yes, I am dedicated- and it doesn't ever vary :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you really hit it there, its critical that its written. On computer/spreadsheet counts as well, but pre-planning gives you specific targets. trying to just "work it out" over the span of the day gives you tons of places to fail or be inconsistent. Same holds true of having a specific written workout routine with goal weights and rep counts on the sheet, and tracking exactly what you actually put up. Other than the first week of a new routine that has exercises or rep ranges I dont normally do, I always know what I am going to put on a bar or set a machine to specifically for each set before I reach the gym.

hockeyroom28

Awards
I agree that my best gains were with a great diet, 200+ g protein, ~175 carbs, <40g fat ("good fats"). I saw some great gains, and now I guess I am giving myself a vacation from the strict diet game. I'm still going to the gym 5/week and not eating terribly, just eating more when I want as opposed to on a schedule. A cheat meal for me is something from a restaurant, for example chinese or a big hamburger and fries.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Absolutely- diet is my weak point dedication-wise- I still do the 5-6 meals a day thing- high protein, good fats and complex carbs- but I tend to throw in some extras that don't need to be in there....

As far as training, and life for that matter- yes, I am dedicated- and it doesn't ever vary :)
I have done that as well. Perfect example is my weakness for fat free cheeses. I often find myself throwing in extra servings of those with my bagels and tuna meals. High protein, no fat, but too high in sodium to be part of a completely contained diet.

I think you really hit it there, its critical that its written. On computer/spreadsheet counts as well, but pre-planning gives you specific targets. trying to just "work it out" over the span of the day gives you tons of places to fail or be inconsistent. Same holds true of having a specific written workout routine with goal weights and rep counts on the sheet, and tracking exactly what you actually put up. Other than the first week of a new routine that has exercises or rep ranges I dont normally do, I always know what I am going to put on a bar or set a machine to specifically for each set before I reach the gym.
Truth. For me at least, it also adds a certain degree of personal accountability that is unrivaled when you are winging it. If I can look at a sheet, and see in plain fact that I slipped up on my diet on 'x' day, and then the next day my performance was worse, it instills that notion of the correlation between proper nutrition and performance. Bodybuilding, aside from the communal aspect of forums, is an individual sport. You have no teammates to fall back on or assign blame to, you are always only lying to yourself.

happyqb

Awards
Everyone here is going to hate me but as for my bulking diet it consists of eating anything and everything that I want. The only foods I stay away from are fast foods however as you guys call them "cheat meals" I may have 7 - 10 of these a week. I have eaten sweets and desserts and cheats all my life, thats the way I have grown up so I figure that if your body is used to it then it is not a cheat for your body especially since I am still below 9% body fat. Maybe its just asian metabolism. I say eat what you want as long as you get your food groups in :) and your protein, and a proper workout.