YELLOW GOLD - Is it Magic? (Unsponsored Log)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going to be a log of yellow gold Yellow Gold (150 grams) By: NutraPlanet , which is one of the two main components of Anabolic Pump Anabolic Pump (90+ caps) By: USPLabs, responsible for shuttling carbs into the striated skeletal muscle using GLUT-4 receptor activation. I just bought 150g from Nutraplanet, and will be posting my thoughts and opinions on the yellowgold. I'll be letting you guys know about the energy, the :toilet: (hopefully not!) and everything else I notice. I might be capping it, depends on how bad I find it taking it plain. Feel free to chime in with tips/advice, or with any questions.

My dosing protocol that I was thinking of is:
15:mins pre Breakfast 600mg - Breakfast = 100g Oats (70g CHO), Whey, 2 Tbsp Flax

600mg 15 mins before my PWO meal (75g Carbs usually with some clean protein).

Another dose 15 mins before my evening carb meal with 70g Complex Carbs.

I don't usually take a pre-WO shake because I hit the gym about 90 minutes after my porridge. So here we go; I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow morning!:thumbsup:

Also, I might be including Diesel Test in this log, but I'm not sure yet. Will know Monday.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I hope your not planning on just putting it in your mouth and chasing it because this is the most horrid tasting stuff ever and the taste can linger for hours. I would recommend parachuting it or capping it.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hope your not planning on just putting it in your mouth and chasing it because this is the most horrid tasting stuff ever and the taste can linger for hours. I would recommend parachuting it or capping it.
It doesn't linger for me, actually its pretty easy to take but oh well haha no one seems to agree with me...

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
i definitely reccomend capping if you have a cap m quick... this is some of the worst tasting stuff out there, and the taste lingers in your mouth. i bought a capping kit just for this powder alone.much more convenient also. You can take caps with you easier than powder if your on the go like i am alot. im liking this product. i have only been on it for a week and my muscles are noticeably more full. YG may take a few days to really kick in and feel it...but after about 5 days which is when i noticed it kick in, after my dose of yg and eating carbs my arms feel a slight pump. its pretty cool to see your muscles so full all day. im also taking neovar and 1-carboxy.

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
It doesn't linger for me, actually its pretty easy to take but oh well haha no one seems to agree with me...
You must have tried alot of powders that have some terrible tastes to not think Yg is bad...lol. the first time i tried it i threw a scoop back in my mouth and chased...wow bad idea... bought a capping kit right after that. im not very good at parachuting i was getting explosions of YG in my mouth... lol for me capping is the only option. lol. but i am absoultely in love with the way YG is working for me...i eat a ton and never have that bloated feeling after a carb heavy meal

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You must have tried alot of powders that have some terrible tastes to not think Yg is bad...lol. the first time i tried it i threw a scoop back in my mouth and chased...wow bad idea... bought a capping kit right after that. im not very good at parachuting i was getting explosions of YG in my mouth... lol for me capping is the only option. lol. but i am absoultely in love with the way YG is working for me...i eat a ton and never have that bloated feeling after a carb heavy meal
I do a gram straight haha... try vitex aka chaste berry and you will see what pain really is.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oy, just realized I navigated my way into the Supplements section and not the reviews/logs subsection. If a mod sees this, could you perhaps move it into the right place? And also I'm setting up the Cap em Quick right now. I figured I'd just load up a 00 cap, it was supposed to be about 600mg from what I read. Sound about right?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
hey steveoph good luck on this!

Ive heard Yellow Gold was the ****tiest tasting thing out there. Ive tried Citrulline malate in plain water water and I thought that was bad. best of luck on this. I loved Anabolic Pump, you should love yellowgold too!

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
Yellow Gold is the ****, definitely a staple product for me. Good luck:cool:

kknecht1

kknecht1

Awards
What kind of scale do you guys use to weigh this out? I am going to order 150gr of this and cap it, but I dont know if I need a My Weigh pocket scale. I have a food scale that measures in 1gr increments, Is that fine?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Moved the thread for ya. YG is a great supplement one of the best IMO. As for the taste, cap it. I've tasted a lot of things and its by far the worst hands down. I was one of the original testers and let a few people try it and they both threw up on the spot, LOL not joking here though they really did puke.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did a round on the Cap-M-Quick. I tamped it down about 4 times, and got an average dose of ~530mg per cap. I didn't actually try the powder on its own, but I think I will atleast once.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1:
Took One cap 15mins before 100g Oats + Whey, Flax and Milk. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The cap was utterless tasteless, which is just fine with me lol. 45 mins after my workout I took another cap, and then 15mins after I had a roasted sweetpotato and 3 biscotti for my carbs. Also took YG 15mins before dinner which was a chicken/bean stew I whipped up today; probably 80g+ CHO in there.

I don't really expect to notice much difference until a few days at the earliest, but I'll just give a quick daily update. As for my workout, I didn't notice any difference except that I got a new tub of lemonade Xtend and I love the taste 1000x more than watermelon . I actually just had a bit of the powder plain 5 mins ago it tastes so damn good!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never bothered capping, just parachute it.

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
Day 1:
Took One cap 15mins before 100g Oats + Whey, Flax and Milk. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The cap was utterless tasteless, which is just fine with me lol. 45 mins after my workout I took another cap, and then 15mins after I had a roasted sweetpotato and 3 biscotti for my carbs. Also took YG 15mins before dinner which was a chicken/bean stew I whipped up today; probably 80g+ CHO in there.

I don't really expect to notice much difference until a few days at the earliest, but I'll just give a quick daily update. As for my workout, I didn't notice any difference except that I got a new tub of lemonade Xtend and I love the taste 1000x more than watermelon . I actually just had a bit of the powder plain 5 mins ago it tastes so damn good!
looking good bro. yeah i really didnt start to feel any different til a few days on it. then i started to notice my muscles were constantly more full, and im eating a ton of carbs and not getting bloated or gaining any size around the waist. also with the YG i notice i feel better when i mix complex carbs and simple carbs together in a meal (ex. breakfast banana, OJ, whole wheat bread and oats) i dont feel the fullness when i just eat complex carbs. been eating a little bit of halloween candy with some meals too...hell im on YG it wont hurt lol

haha i know what you mean about the xtend i wish i got more before the sale ended...oh well just have to buy it with the vaso charge to get a better deal. i spilled some of the watermelon xtend while putting it my water jug and licked my finger and tasted it...its like crack for muscleheads!!i wanted to eat the powder.. i guess ill have to get the lemonade next time...i absolutley love the watermelon though.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2
Took the YG with my oats in the morning, 110g today. I might keep bumping it up, but that makes a huuuge bowl already lol. I also took YG with my post-WO meal; had some Chicken /Bean Stew, with loads of complex carbs. I have some apple crisp that I was planning to eat, then I realized that it was just simple carbs, so I just had a double lunch. I'm on YG, no worries right :bb2:

Also took YG before my dinner which had tons of complex carbs, mostly from a massive amount of veggies so I felt bloated, but only because I ate so much.

As far as results so, I have to say I'm not noticing anything yet. No change in bowel issues, the workout at the gym was normal. Null hypothesis is still going strong.

PS Bigasian I just found that the watermelon Xtend taste was too weak; sure I could dilute it less but the lemonade is stronger I find.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a lot left and just stopped taking it. It tastes like crap. I thought I was used to it, but it is just too much of a pain the azz to take. Plus, as soon as I get up I want to eat, can't wait 15 minutes damn it!. Maybe I won't be so damn lazy and start it up again....

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 3:
Took YG 15mins before my 110g Oats in the morning. Had tons of smaller snacks today throughout the day because I was on the road so didn't take YG with any other meal. Still haven't noticed any increased muscle pumps or anything at all yet. Hoping for some results soon :)

I'm sticking to taking it with large Complex carb meals, but if anybody has any experience with Half complex carb + Half simple carb meals let me know. I'm thinking about some fruit + complex carbs, and how that would work with the YG.

Also I know you're supposed to take 70g+ or so of complex carbs, and in 110g Oats there's 76g CHO with 11 of that fibre, which is only 65. I'm considering bumping up my complex carbs for breakfast to hit 70 or maybe even 80, it all depends.
That's all for today,
Cheers,
Steve

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
Hey Steveoph, if your gonna be on the road, i suggest capping some YG so you can take it with you for your carb meals while on the go. thats how i do it. i started to feel the pumps at day 5. if your dosing YG 3-4 times a day like i am, i feel my muscles all day long. i dont know if i can call ita pump or just being more physiologically aware of my muscles.

I do complex+simple carbs everytime i take YG. ex. breakfast 4whole eggs, 2 whole wheat english muffins, sometimes cereal as well, large glass (2 cups) OJ, and a banana.

I noticed from mixing simple and complex i feel my muscles fill up almost as soon as i finish my meal. i know with breakfast im getting a minimum of 90g carbs. close to a 50/50 of simple and complex carbs.

I suggest you give it a try. all my meals now include simple + complex.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely the combo of fructose + complex carbs works better than all complex :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely the combo of fructose + complex carbs works better than all complex :)
Awesome! That apple crisp is going to disappear tomorrow lol. There's complex carbs in the oat topping :D

DAY 4
Took YG with my porridge and with my evening large-carb meal. Still not noticing any changes whatsoever. I'd swear it's a placebo if I hadn't done all the capping myself! Anyways, I'll give it some more time and see how it goes. Does the rate at which you consume the carbs after YG matter? I don't scarf down my carbs, and the meal usually takes about 25-30 mins but I figure the Glut-4 receptors should be activated for atleast that long. Just hearing "Force Feed" makes me think perhaps I need to down the carbs fast.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 5:
Took YG 3 Times. With the morning porridge, my PWO Meal which was about 30% simple carbs from the apples and some milk, and 70% complex carbs from the oats and veggies.
For dinner I had some more oatmeal and YG (Honestly I love steel cut oats lol. I just couldn't make myself eat pasta lol)

I'm noticing that I'm not staying as full after I take YG I think, but it's hard to say exactly. I haven't really noticed any muscle "filling" effect too much, but I'll take some pics on Sunday and compare it to the ones I took when I started, maybe that will help. I hear it can take a week or so to feel the muscles pumped up, so I'll see how it goes.:bb3:

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
over the next few days take measurements. those will be your best bet on seeing if it is having an effect on filling out your muscles. pesonally i think the best site for taking measurements was my arms, seems to me they "fill up" the quickest. just take the measurements at the same time every day. so if you take a measurement one day after breakfast do so again the next day.

I have actually been upping the doses of my YG (btw i have capped the YG). i started taking YG 4 times/day. then went to 2 doses with breakfast(my most carb heavy meal). now im up to 2 doses with breakfast (1 dose 15 mins before 1 dose during), and 3 other doses (lunch, Pre-WO, Post-WO).

good loggin keep up it up.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6:
Well on the scale I'm 2 lbs heavier than when I started. As far as I know YG doesn't increase the water mass in muscles, and I haven't noticed too much strength increase yet but this could be the start. I noticed my leg workout when really well yesterday, the weights definitely felt light. My chest workout today was nothing special; it's my weakest body part and I find it hard to break plateaus I hit often. Anyways today I took 3 doses, with Breakfast, post-WO meal (20% simple carbs from apples,80% complex) and then another with dinner (All complex carbs pretty much).

Still no problems with the bowels which is great, I might take some measurements this weekend to help me asses what's going on. Nothing else to mention right now.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh. I am do with mine. I have 2 150 grams tubs, one I probally used about 30 grams, but I can't take this stuff anymore. Big pain in the butt, and I'm not gonna bother caping because I never have before with any other bulk powder.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
i didnt notice anything taking 500 500 500 dosage

if i try it again im doing at least 1g 1g 1g

keep us updated !

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh. I am do with mine. I have 2 150 grams tubs, one I probally used about 30 grams, but I can't take this stuff anymore. Big pain in the butt, and I'm not gonna bother caping because I never have before with any other bulk powder.
Well, send it over! I love YG!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Well, send it over! I love YG!
As do I. Its one of my fave supps. I was on it for a year straight. Find it works its magic the best for the 1st 3 months on. I gave it 1 month break and now the magic is back.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might try upping the dosage to 1g x 3times daily perhaps, but I'll still give this some more time like this since I believe this is about how much is in AP.

DAY 7:
YG with Porridge, PWO Meal ( 30% Simple and 70% Complex) and with dinner (90% Complex). Now I'm finding that after my breakfast and dinner meals I don't stay full as long; I just ate at 5:20 and I'm already feeling my stomach is empty. So it appears to be doing something, but to see other results I'm going to have to give it probably another week.

Today's workout went great; I found 2 caps from an old RPM sample and had an awesome workout. Sometrimes I think RPM doesn't work because it isn't a big energy surge, it's just a longterm rush. I noticed today I was tapping on the wall and the hour seemed forever because I was working out so hard and fast.

This makes me really curious about drive; I requested a sample on the first day of the post but I think customs seized it since my friend who requested after me got his over a week ago :(

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
This makes me really curious about drive; I requested a sample on the first day of the post but I think customs seized it since my friend who requested after me got his over a week ago :(
Where are you located? I'm in Canada and was early to request Drive as well and I got it just last week.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where are you located? I'm in Canada and was early to request Drive as well and I got it just last week.
My friend back home in Toronto got his 2 Fridays ago, and I'm a bit east in Kingston. I still don't think it should be an extra week for the sample to make it out here :(

I have been doing some more reading about YG and I noticed people saying to take YG with meals containing 10g of fat or less. Thinking back I've taken in about 10g tops with my carb-heavy meals, but if anybody has any input on mixing fats with the YG meals let me know.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally never experienced any of the adverse side-effects surrounding fat meals and YG, those others may have. I think it is dependent on the kind of fats. 10g+ of good fats (polyunsaturates) causes no issues, though saturates do.

thestudbeast

Awards
remember to take your probiotics while on yellow gold :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 8
Today was an off day, so only took YG with my porridge and with a bean-heavy chili for dinner. I'm not feeling a 24/7 pump, or even much of a difference at all to be honest. The scale seems to be up 2 lbs, not sure exactly why but I'll see how my leg workout goes on Tuesday. I think YG has promise though, so I'll keep on popping my caps :)

From people that have done AP/YG runs, how quickly did you start feeling the effects/notice any difference? All that I'm noticing is that I wake up during the middle of the night feeling super thirsty and yet I'm only waking up to piss. I definitely need to drink more water I think.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
From people that have done AP/YG runs, how quickly did you start feeling the effects/notice any difference? All that I'm noticing is that I wake up during the middle of the night feeling super thirsty and yet I'm only waking up to piss. I definitely need to drink more water I think.
Every week for the 1st month I noticed a slight change in recomp.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 9
Did some cardio today while studying, I don't do much cardio these days so it was a nice break. Still hard to say if I'm noticing any real effects. Took it 3 times, Breakfast Post-Cardio and Dinner, and all complex carb meals like normal.

DAY 10
Leg Workout day. The lifts went amazing, and even though I didn't bump up the weight I added 3 reps to almost every set which is another way of progressing. I'll check out my bodyfat and weight this weekend and see how its going. I've noticed a bit of funny bowel movements but I eat so much fibre that it's all holding together ;)

DAY 11
Chest Workout with the 3 usual doses. Had a decent workout at the gym, but I'm more interested in the body recomp effects. I was considering taking my AP at the end of my workout and then just having a massive PWO liquid meal, not sure how that might work but it's the kind of thing that runs through my head. Would be great to surge the muscles with the glucose, which is the PSlin concept. I will probably be trying that after (or with depending if I reorder YG).

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did a round on the Cap-M-Quick. I tamped it down about 4 times, and got an average dose of ~530mg per cap. I didn't actually try the powder on its own, but I think I will atleast once.
Might use this information later. Subscribbed I hear anabolic pump is good stuff for bodybuilding

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 12
Took YG with Porridge ,carb-heavy lunch and dinner. It's hard to say if I'm having any effects, not really noticing anything. I'll compare my pics on Day 14 with Day 1, and try and see if I feel my muscles any "fuller" but right now I'd say I'm not feeling it at all :( I was expecting magic, but it's only been 2 weeks . I bought 150g after all :) Got a long way to go!
No workout today, was an off day (Well actually just too busy to hit the gym, tomorrow I'll do a back WO)
I was expecting to feel sorry after a brutal chest workout today but I had no soreness whatsoever, which is quite amazing considering I didn't even cool down after the workout, had no time! Banana + Yogurt + WPI + 0.5c milk as my PWO shake, I wonder if that's my secret recipee :)

timmay8989

Awards
thestudbeast, any reason your recomending probiotics while on yellow gold specifically?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so this stuff makes you hungry , takes inches off your waist and adds muscle, and makes it look fuller, if you have anythign else in order like Nutrition, sleep , and training huh?

Im tuned in

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 13
Took it as usual with my breakfast, post-WO meal and dinner. Still the 530 mg. caps. I might really tamper the next batch full to try and get closer to 600mg, but I think 1g might be overkill. Still not noticing anything, no unusual bowel movements. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks on, and I'll look at my pics and see if there's been any change in body comp via a Tanita Body scan thingy. Will post an update on Sunday. Otherwise nothing to mention recomp wise yet.

As for getting hungry faster, I think it is only because I try and get the carbs in quicker 15mins after taking YG, I don't think I can attribute it to the YG per se.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does anyone have a log of someone that did it for three months?

Rivet I looked at uyour log.How long did you run this for?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
does anyone have a log of someone that did it for three months?

Rivet I looked at uyour log.How long did you run this for?
During my log it was one month. After my log, it was one year in October.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 14
I've tried playing with the YG dosing. I still take only one with AM porridge, but then I've stayed away from carbs around lunch and took 2caps with a carb heavy dinner. Can't say if I noticed any difference, but I will try it again a few times. Weighing in tomorrow to check my 2 weeks progress.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 15
Well today I did the double dose again with dinner, and nothing. Yesterday I hadn't had carbs for almost 6 hours before my meal, and I took the YG 45 mins before eating. I kept waiting to see if I would feel hypoglycemic but didn't run into that feeling. I think I read that YG shouldn't make you go hypoglycemic.

As for progress, I've been upping my carbs and totals cals, so I put on 0.5 lb of fat and 2 lbs of muscles, which isn't bad at all.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
havnt had carbs for six hours???? did you eat protein and fats in the six hours?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Parachuting?

I never bothered capping, just parachute it.
could somone explain explain what paracuting is? YG sounds like a sound product if its suppose to be like Anabolic Pump, but I can't spend anymore money on a cap-m-kit, at least not right now. I've always just dumped the powder in mouth and swigg it down with some water or my protein, but I'm not familiar with parachuting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 33
mstep Supplements 2
Supplements 2
kbayne Supplements 32
Distilled Water Supplements 21