dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While not a supplement per se, still warrants a review.

I have been incorporating high cacao content chocolate into my diet to see how much I can treat myself to without deleterious effects.

The 85% Cacao content bar is a bit of a shock at first, very bitter with the sweetness and creaminess overloaded. However, after the first initial shock, I think I prefer this over the lower content bars.

The chocolate is excellent, and melts in your mouth. The cacao is very noticeable, but once you get over your programming to like crap like Nestle Milk Chocolate, I find this to be a far superior taste.

Much healthier alternative to Milk Chocolate, IMO.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Lindt is one of my favorites, I picked up two of the 85% the other night b/c they were $1.25 a pop. I figured I might go overboard if I bought a whole bunch. And no...I didn't eat them both already. Definitely good stuff...Dessert + Antioxidants.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lindt is one of my favorites, I picked up two of the 85% the other night b/c they were $1.25 a pop. I figured I might go overboard if I bought a whole bunch. And no...I didn't eat them both already. Definitely good stuff...Dessert + Antioxidants.
The only place I found these was Target, and they were sold out first time I checked. They had them in stock yesterday, so I grabbed one...definitely something I will buy more of.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
we have a lindts store on 5th ave new york. I always stop by to get some goodies from time to time. I loved the white chocolate truffles. :D Gets you all fatty though.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
How's the nutrition panel look? We have 85% lindt but I'm not sure it is Cacao? I'll venture into the confectionery isle and take a closer look next time..

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I used to eat the whole 99% bars awhile back lol. Lindt is really good.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to eat the whole 99% bars awhile back lol. Lindt is really good.
99% Cacao???

That would take some getting used to, but I bet it would be delicious in its own way.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
99% Cacao???

That would take some getting used to, but I bet it would be delicious in its own way.
It is recommended to eat 1 piece with coffee so you get more out of the cocoa, but I just ate the whole thing lol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is recommended to eat 1 piece with coffee so you get more out of the cocoa, but I just ate the whole thing lol.
An old pleasure of mine...melt some good chocolate in your mouth, then take a drag off of a cigarette. GREAT flavor.

Then again, I quit smoking long ago...so back to mass quantities of sex and supplements.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
An old pleasure of mine...melt some good chocolate in your mouth, then take a drag off of a cigarette. GREAT flavor.

Then again, I quit smoking long ago...so back to mass quantities of sex and supplements.
Ya, ya...we all know what you were smoking in that "cigarette". Dsade was in Chocophoria.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had some high cacao bars from europe, my wife's grandmother used to send stuff (lived in france) every holiday and birthday. Man did it suck when she passed away

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hershey has an anti-oxidant milk chocolate bar.

It says more flavanols than the leading dark choc. bar.

I use it more than the 75% cacao bar (85% is too bitter for me) mainly because the Hershey's bar has the milligrams of flavanols listed (250 mgs/half bar).

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hershey has an anti-oxidant milk chocolate bar.

It says more flavanols than the leading dark choc. bar.

I use it more than the 75% cacao bar (85% is too bitter for me) mainly because the Hershey's bar has the milligrams of flavanols listed (250 mgs/half bar).
IMO that's a marketing tactic. If I ever decide to incorporate it in my diet, I will take 1 piece of 99% a day. That's enough to pull all the benefits if it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
IMO that's a marketing tactic. If I ever decide to incorporate it in my diet, I will take 1 piece of 99% a day. That's enough to pull all the benefits if it.
The real marketing tactic is in my pants (for Jockey).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
drguitar78

drguitar78

Awards
I have been throwing in a tablespoon of hershey's cocoa powder and power PB into my shakes to add flavor and antioxidants and GOOD fats, instead of the cocoa butter often used in chocolate bars...I used to eat 70% cocoa bars until it started rotting my teeth, making me fat and making me feel like I was having a heart attack shortly after consumption-->pain in left shoulder...eeegghh??

itzgambino

Awards
if u really like the taste of chocolate/cocoa and not a candy bar then the 90% bar from lindt would be perfect, more protein and fiber than the 85% i believe, you could try 99% but I find even for me it is too much.