X Factor First Timer!!!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
As the title states this is I'm going to log X Factor for my first time. Actually this is my first time logging period.

Here's a little bit of backround. I've been lifting for about 4 years. I'm 6 foot and weigh an average of 178 lbs. I'm completely ecto. I did make what I consider one of my biggest mistakes when I first went to college two years ago and that was taking M1-p. I was a stupid freshman listening to people and had no clue what I was taking. I felt great while on it (like I was invincible) but once it was done I as you would probably expect crashed lost all the weight I gained and was down to 165lbs. I did a completely natural bulk last year and went up to 190lbs with just protein supplementation. Then cut down for summer and here I am.

The purpose of this is to add as much lean mass as possible. The same thing everyone says haha. Last year I added too much fat so this year I figure help from a supplement will get me to where I want to be. I hoping to get around 183-185 after the cycle. Should be interesting since I have taking any supplements since the m1-p besides sizeon which was over a year ago august '06

I am currently taking:
ON 100% Whey
Nutra bulk BCAA's
X Factor - 1000 mgs per day

Time to GAIN!!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck. What does your diet look like??

I am going to trying out XF very soon and I am really looking forward to it.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
DAY 1

First day of X Factor! Took my first dose with breakout then took two pre workout followed by one at dinner. I felt awesome during my workout today. Strength was around normal but I just felt great. I'm not really expecting to feel the X factor for at least a week but I think the fact I'm so pumped about taking it is already giving me better

workouts. :bb:

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Good luck. What does your diet look like??

I am going to trying out XF very soon and I am really looking forward to it.
Thanks!

This is the rough list of what I have written down. There are minor variations depending on school and work.

7:00 a.m.
5 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, 8 oz of milk, 1 banana

9:00 a.m.
1 serving of Pro complex gainer... 600 calories 60 grams of protein and i think 75 grams of carbs

10:30 a.m.
1 can of tuna fish and one cup of brown rice

12:30 p.m.
4 oz of ground turkey meat, or chicken, 8 oz milk, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 40 grams ground oats

2:00 p.m.
Whey protein shake 40 grams of protein

3:30 p.m.
2 tbs of peanut butter, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 4 ounces skinless chicken breast

6:00 p.m.
8 oz of lean meat with broccoli or other greens banana, 8 oz milk

8:30
Whey protein shake

10:00
1 tbs peanut butter and low fat yogurt

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
DAY 2

Nothing too much to report since it's only day 2. Worked out the legs today and once again felt pretty good in the gym aside from being sore as a mother from yesterday lol.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
kill off the tuna. I believe it contains omega 3. try to eat clean as well. Cooking the foods yourself and make sure you avoid olive oil. X-Factor needs a strict diet and plenty of rest. Also, it will take you 1 bottle before any results kick in. make sure you have 2 bottles for the full 50 day cycle. Results kick in around the 2nd bottle. Good luck!

Jet

Awards
  • Established
kill off the tuna. I believe it contains omega 3. try to eat clean as well. Cooking the foods yourself and make sure you avoid olive oil. X-Factor needs a strict diet and plenty of rest. Also, it will take you 1 bottle before any results kick in. make sure you have 2 bottles for the full 50 day cycle. Results kick in around the 2nd bottle. Good luck!
If I remember correctly, jjohn said that tuna isn't a problem as long as it is in water, not oil.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
If I remember correctly, jjohn said that tuna isn't a problem as long as it is in water, not oil.
mnn good point. I buy the ones in oil so I gotta cut those off for now. Im avoiding all fish just to be safe, cooking all my meals. I want the most out of my x-factor that I didnt pay for. :afro:

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
That's correct I asked him that before I started. I will however take the tuna out for the most part and probably only have it out of convienence two days a week. Also I try to keep my diet as clean as possible but ted not to when im bulking to add weight. I'm going to clean it up a bit....I didn't take into consideration that the X-Factor will help put on the weight while eating clean...I just figured I'd have to use my normal diet. Thanks for the head's up and I did buy two bottles so I'm all set. :thumbsup:

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
DAY 3

Today started off horrible...I woke up late for school lost my school ID which I use for food while I'm there from 9-4. Needless to say my diet was a little off today but I made up for it in the gym. I did drop sets for my bi's and tri's and had an amazing pump. I worked out 3 hours ago and my arms are still on fire!!! Can't wait for the X-factor to start kicking in!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Day 4

OFF

Day 5

Today was a pretty bad day. I did shoulders and back but just had a like of things go wrong through out the day. Lol it was just one of those days! I didnt feel too go going into the gym but I got everything done that I needed to...I'm just glad the weekend is here and I can get some rest cause my I'm feeling really sore lol.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cooking the foods yourself and make sure you avoid olive oil. X-Factor needs a strict diet and plenty of rest.
Why no Olive Oil?I thought it was about 70% omega 6's and had only .8gr from Omega 3's per TBS? Please enlighten me Cellar as I may be wrong I just want to clear it up.

*See this is why i love our forum here @ AM, I was looking over at bb.com and this would have turned a honest guys log into Flame central.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Why no Olive Oil?I thought it was about 70% omega 6's and had only .8gr from Omega 3's per TBS? Please enlighten me Cellar as I may be wrong I just want to clear it up.

*See this is why i love our forum here @ AM, I was looking over at bb.com and this would have turned a honest guys log into Flame central.
not sure but i stopped too and im italian, i take baths in this stuff.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/77688-putting-x-back.html#post1057620

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really the current FAQ doesn't say anything about that

11. Anything I should avoid while taking X-Factor

NSAIDS are to be ideally avoided due to their direct effects on inhibiting the COX enzyme (central to the mechanism by which X-Factor works). However it may be that taking NSAIDS at certain times is worse than others with respect to muscle building. Certainly if you have an occasional headache and are known to respond to NSAIDs you could probably take the medication without interference.

12. Do I need to eliminate everything that is anti-inflammatory?

No. The only anti-inflammatory in the literature (so far) known to have strong adverse effects on X-Factor's benefit in skeletal muscle are NSAIDs (or its herbal equivalent white willow bark) due to their direct effect on the COX enzyme. Indirect anti-inflammatory products (which many products claim as a side benefit) most likely won’t have a strong effect on what X-Factor does. Actually some of the benefits of arachidonic acid appear to be through reduction of systemic oxidative stress/insulin levels (provided the muscle is active), which ironically may actually reduce COX-2 in non-muscle tissues. So all this stuff can be in the same ballpark.

13. Do I need to avoid fish entirely?

You should still eat fish. We will be investigating the interactions of different levels of fish oil supplementation with X-Factor in the very near future. The good thing is that in some cases the clinical benefits of fish oil appear to be directly tied to increases in cell membrane arachidonic acid. This is good news for the future of this supplement and those that love fish oil.

For now we ask that you limit oily fish intake to three times per week until more is known as far as real life effects in bodybuilders go.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates I've just been crazy busy!

Day 6

Off

Day 7

Off

Day 8

WOW! Today was an amazing workout. I was so tired throughout the entire day...nearly falling asleep in class lol even my last of the day at 1:00. However, when I popped my two X-factor with my preworkout meal and got into the gym it was on. I had an amazing pump and even got a PR on incline barbell :twisted: I just felt unstoppable on the incline. I'm going to do some legs tonight so I'll post up and let you know how that went.

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Im starting up X-F for the first time too, haha. good luck

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys!

Day 9

Awesome leg workout! I don't know if I'll be able to walk tomorrow. I did squats, some deadlifts, calf raises and leg curls. I even taught some kid how to dealift lol i just cringe every time i see someone lift with their back. GOD! It's awesome when they saw i thought your back was supposed to hurt the next day lol.

Day 10

Today was a so so workout. I couldn't do my shoulders. I have a bad shoulder and every now and then it acts up so I skipped shoulders but still was able to get my back in.

Day 11

OFF and my legs are KILLING me!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
DAY 15

Ok so I'm back and I was def ready to workout. I took a nice relaxing sunday off after a rough week school wise and felt great today in the gym. Strength seems to be on the rise and I'm also getting hungry more frequently less force feeding myself.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff! You'll be def. hungrier with this stuff!

Keep it up!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
DAY 16

WOW! I did chest and finally broke a plateau of mine. For the past few months I've been doing 185 and one week i get 12 fine next week it feels so much heavier and i'm lucky to get 10but it has been getting slowly better, however today i destroyed the weights. I went in and did 185 for 10 and felt really confident so I added 10 lbs figuring I would get about 8...ended up getting 10. I got even more confident and added another 10lbs and did that for 7 so needless to say I was feeling great.

A PR last week and breaking through a plateau this week....Thumbs up to X-factor! :thumbsup:

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
DAY 16

WOW! I did chest and finally broke a plateau of mine. For the past few months I've been doing 185 and one week i get 12 fine next week it feels so much heavier and i'm lucky to get 10but it has been getting slowly better, however today i destroyed the weights. I went in and did 185 for 10 and felt really confident so I added 10 lbs figuring I would get about 8...ended up getting 10. I got even more confident and added another 10lbs and did that for 7 so needless to say I was feeling great.

A PR last week and breaking through a plateau this week....Thumbs up to X-factor! :thumbsup:
well thats juts great news.. id like to see you do this again next workout, or better yet, increase all of it 5lbs and do same setup and see how you fair !!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
well thats juts great news.. id like to see you do this again next workout, or better yet, increase all of it 5lbs and do same setup and see how you fair !!
Going to make sure I work hard the rest of the week so I can. :thumbsup:

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Day 17

Once again X-factor keeps being great. I'm feeling stronger on most excercises and I have more endurance! I got on the scale this more and I'm actually up to 180lbs while looking slightly leaner!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Great stuff buddy! It's just the beginning!!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
DAY 25

Sorry for the lack of updates but school is owning me lol. I can't wait for thanksgiving break!

Anyway I finished my first bottle of X-factor today and my god! So far everything has been awesome. As I said earlier I'm a few lbs up on the scale and I'm looking leaner and more vascular. I haven't checked my weight in a while but I will do so tomorrow. Strength is through the roof on this stuff. I wouldnt even mind if I did gain another lb because I seemingly get stronger every workout. I can't wait for the second bottle!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
DAY 25

Sorry for the lack of updates but school is owning me lol. I can't wait for thanksgiving break!

Anyway I finished my first bottle of X-factor today and my god! So far everything has been awesome. As I said earlier I'm a few lbs up on the scale and I'm looking leaner and more vascular. I haven't checked my weight in a while but I will do so tomorrow. Strength is through the roof on this stuff. I wouldnt even mind if I did gain another lb because I seemingly get stronger every workout. I can't wait for the second bottle!
very nice bro. its not affecting me much

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't believe I missed this one...subbied.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Day 29

Ok so I went to the gym yesterday and had yet another amazing workout. My endurance is up. I benched 205 for 10 perfect form which is 20lbs up from the start of x-factor. I also went up on bi's as well when i was able to make it up to the 40s on seated dumbell curls. I can't believe the strength increases I'm having on this...I'm getting addicted! I'm going to go later today and do some back so we'll see how that goes.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Day 29

Ok so I went to the gym yesterday and had yet another amazing workout. My endurance is up. I benched 205 for 10 perfect form which is 20lbs up from the start of x-factor. I also went up on bi's as well when i was able to make it up to the 40s on seated dumbell curls. I can't believe the strength increases I'm having on this...I'm getting addicted! I'm going to go later today and do some back so we'll see how that goes.
congratz on your huge strength increases

are you taking any other new supplements? are you recovering from a previous higher strength, or are these all time new PRs.. if so thats truly great. !!

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Thanks!

I'm still taking the X-factor solo and as for the strength it's all new I've never had 205 feel that light. Feels awesome!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!

I'm still taking the X-factor solo and as for the strength it's all new I've never had 205 feel that light. Feels awesome!
Good stuff! I'm glad you like it!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Easy do you take Olive oil on X factor?

AS far as I know its healthy to take it during X factor

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using some olive oil yes, i've overall lowered my general oil intake. Really I tend to use grapeseed more than olive anyhow for cooking and that sort of thing.