Leather lava review

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a sample of leather lava in my last NP order (specifically asked for it). When I opened the ziplock bag, the scent was REALLY strong. smelled very very tobacco like, a little bit of other scents too, but overpowered by the tobacco. I brought it over to my wife to check out, and she had the approximate reaction as if I had brought her a roadkill armadillo.

So i'm a sucker, decided to use it anyhow :) The first time I did, the scent was similar to what it smelled like in the bag, but had a bit lower tobacco scent, and some more woodsiness coming through. The scent clung all day, never super strong but there the whole time which was nice. By the second and third shower, the scent changed a bit more. the tobacco is now fairly muted, and there is a sort of woodsy, musky scent as the major with hint of patchoulli (not sure there is any in there tho). Its a great scent, I like it a lot, and my wife at least isn't complaining about it :)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, would this be something you would consider purchasing? How did you like it, as a soap as well?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good review....I do notice the scent lasts a VERY long time, but as you said not overpowering in the least.

I smell a much stronger leather note, as the tobacco scent is barely used in it...but then again, people smell things differently.

As AB asked, is this something you would consider purchasing/using?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would definitely consider purchasing, in some ways I liked it better than java lather :) As a soap, it was soapy. The lather is a bit of an odd color sorta brownish green, but thats just the color of the foam.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the review.

do you think you wife would approve of that avy? lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:D yeah, she wouldnt care. I actually have to get her opinion on it "on the skin" I've kept forgetting to ask her again as i've been using it. she hasn't complained about the way I smell at least :D

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
:D yeah, she wouldnt care. I actually have to get her opinion on it "on the skin" I've kept forgetting to ask her again as i've been using it. she hasn't complained about the way I smell at least :D
Coz it meant you showered for a change? :lol: jk

So one thumbs up from you, thankyou :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think we have a viable name and design for this. We will be concentrating on motorcycle shops and the like. We are keeping the ingredients from Java Lather, with this scent. We are ditching the coloring and going for an All-White round bar.

We will call it "Full Moon Ride", and it will be packaged in a beautiful box with a nighttime woodsy road scene.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am enjoying using it, however I keep forgetting to ask my wife what she thinks of the smell :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am enjoying using it, however I keep forgetting to ask my wife what she thinks of the smell :)
Has she been more amorous? Smelling you more? Hosing you down with Febreze?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
none of the above really, but I only use it a couple days a week. Thats cause I shower at the gym most of the time

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
none of the above really, but I only use it a couple days a week. Thats cause I shower at the gym most of the time
Ok...then are the guys in the locker room more* amorous? Sniffing you more? getting all up on you?

* more than usual...I heard about you and locker rooms.