X-Factor and Superdrol NG sponsored log

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the mega combo testing thread, I got selected to run X-factor and superdrol NG. I've been very interested in X-factor for a while, I had even purchased 2 bottles to run a cycle myself a few months back but hadn't actually run them yet. The concept is very interesting, and there is more science backing it (including a patent) than there is for many other supplements.

Superdrol NG is also interesting. I was not a fan when I first saw it, from both the name of the product itself as well as the naming of ingredients. Be that as it may, I never questioned the formulation, particularly the dose of DHEA being valuable for bodybuilders over 35, or possibly younger with low cholesterol or low overall hormone levels, as DHEA is the basic building block of other hormones. Stims are a very handy tool in the gym as well, as it helps get you past CNS related plateaus. I have grown pretty accustomed to working out with some sort of pre-workout stim, whether a drink or capsule, so this should work out nicely for me.

I'm going to do a couple things that may be interesting in this log. For one, i'm starting off with a rest week :D I've gone the last 12 without a break, so I decided that since I only have enough SDNG to last 30 days, i'll skip taking it the first week, and then dose it at 3 on workout days, 2 on non workout. That gives me 36 days, so with the first 8 being non workout, i'll run dry with 1 week remaining.

Also interesting is that i'll be purposefully supplementing Arachidonic Acid far higher than normal x-factor dosage. I'll only be taking 4 x-factor caps a day, but i plan to (assuming it doesn't drive me crazy) also eat 12 whole x-large eggs a day. From what I could determine, eggs have around 70mg of AA in them. so a dozen eggs will add another 840mg of AA per day. My diet macros look like they will be skewed a little based on this :)

My target is going to be approx 2200 calories a day. Around 45% protein, 35% fat, 20% carbs. I will also be trying to follow the principles of the Metabolic Advantage - so no carbs pre-workout other than leafy greens, only during workout and within the 3 hrs following. This calorie count is in recomp range for me calorie wise, rather than heavy cut. I have a slowed metabolism in general, my normal body temp is right between 96.9-97.1. Tomorrow I will also get my basic metabolic rate tested and report here.

I'm shooting to drop 5 scale pounds, while gaining another 5-8 pounds of lean mass in the 50 days on xfactor.

My current stats are

206 lbs, bodyfat approx 22% (getting bodpod tested tomorrow and will post) @ 5' 9.5"

Chest 43.5
Shoulders 49
L Bicep 15
R Bicep 15
L forearm 11.25
R forearm 11.5
L calf 15.5
R calf 16

Waistline - 37.5 where I wear my pants (but i'm mostly wearing size 32s?) and 40 across the navel.

I'm going to keep to what I consider basic supplementation during this. It will include

1g quercetin
1g resveratrol (active)
5g creatine monohydrate
30g BCAA
20g Glutamine
3g taurine
3g tyrosine
1.5g glucosamine
1.2g chondroitin
500mg MSM
Millenium Sport Technologies MVP365 as multivitamin
Millenium Sport Technologies ZMK as a sleep aid

I may use cissus, if I do it is the bulk cissus from Custom Nutrition Warehouse and will be dosed at 3g/day.

Today was day 1, 4 caps spread close to evenly thru the day, nothing to report. Pictures will be posted shortly.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
gluck woot dammit you didnt show any pictures i was totally gonna steal your thread and just copy and paste mine haha

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
These are before your Incarnate / Levi cycle, correct? Or current?

Any how - SuBBeD!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
tear it up man!!!!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These are before your Incarnate / Levi cycle, correct? Or current?

Any how - SuBBeD!
Current. they pics don't look a whole lot different, but I gained an inch on 1 bicep + 3/4 on the other, 1/4 inch on forearms, 1/2 on chest, and the rest stayed the same on that 8 week. Its a pity i started that with a bulk and gained too fast, with a bunch of fat. Pants fit a little better but measured waist was the same. I can definitely feel the difference in shirts, i'm about to have to go back to XL again :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im in! good luck easy!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, life sucks in some ways. I got my bodpod reading, and it was 27.1% bf. Thats as accurate as it gets. And no, I don't think I gained any, I think the calipers are just off by that much :) The good news is that my metabolism is higher than I thought, and was measured at an RMR of 2434 cals. Thats resting, so no activity at all. So for a maintenance diet with normal workouts + cardi, I should have a daily maintenance of 3200, maybe more. So a good weight loss calorie target would be 2400, and maybe 2800 for recomp. So good news + bad news together :) The bodyfat is just disappointing since it means I still have yet further to go, the plus part is that WOW, I must have been close to 50% bf when I was at 245, so i'm really glad i've made the change in my life.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe its just me but I dont think you look 27%. 22 or 23 wouldve been my first guess.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what I thought too, but the bodpod is air pressure based, so as accurate as water tank measurement. Either way, I still have a loooooong way to go

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats what I thought too, but the bodpod is air pressure based, so as accurate as water tank measurement. Either way, I still have a loooooong way to go
Dont get discouraged man Ive been well over 30% bf at a couple times in my life. The heavier I get the harder its gotten to drop the fat. Im preachin to the choir tho. I know you already know this stuff. Just tryin to amp ya up and talk you into a cut with or recomp with this cycle. I bet the ng will cut tons of fat...if diet is right that is? Do you drink?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly no drinking anymore :) In the last 6 months, i've had less than a 12 pack of beer, and just a few shots here and there. I miss it sometimes, I had 1 miller chill yesterday with dinner. That was my carbs :)

my diet is pretty well right, just takes time. I need to check with jjohn on how well x-factor works on an all out cut.

It mostly shows how much improvement i've made. I hate to think what my bodyfat was when I was at 245...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly no drinking anymore :) In the last 6 months, i've had less than a 12 pack of beer, and just a few shots here and there. I miss it sometimes, I had 1 miller chill yesterday with dinner. That was my carbs :)

my diet is pretty well right, just takes time. I need to check with jjohn on how well x-factor works on an all out cut.

It mostly shows how much improvement i've made. I hate to think what my bodyfat was when I was at 245...
Was the bodyfat test taken on an empty stomach/empty intestines? I actually upped my fishoils by 10grams due to your article or whatever it was and its helped me cut a lot. Youve prob helped a lot of people out with that article. My grandfather has also started feeling more healthy and energetic and stronger since I told him to up his dose. Hes about 350lbs and was 375 about 3 months ago and he never does cardio and eats like idiot. So thanks for prolonging his life.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Best of luck Easy.

As far as X-Factor on a cut I would think it would work great, especially helping you to maintain and possibly add muscle while you shed the fat. I've been following Workin's log and he is on a very restricted diet and is still seeing good gains.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy, do take any BCAAs?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to use 30g on workout days. No it wasn't empty intestines, I hadn't had that need yet, and I hadn't wanted to drink any coffee because i was doing the metabolic rate testing at the same time and didn't want to skew that

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to use 30g on workout days. No it wasn't empty intestines, I hadn't had that need yet, and I hadn't wanted to drink any coffee because i was doing the metabolic rate testing at the same time and didn't want to skew that
A trick I picked up off here which you prob already know if subbing bcaa in for some carb meals. Gives me an excuse to have a protein shake. When Im drinking bcaas it really curb my appetite for carbs. Just an idea. Ive managed to eliminate about 40-60g carbs this way.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even on workout days, I probably rarely end up with 100g of carbs, but that is a nice idea to try.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
even on workout days, I probably rarely end up with 100g of carbs, but that is a nice idea to try.
So the maximum amount of carbs you have are 100g? How many grams of that is sugar? Ive tried keeping sugar down to about 30g a day. Any more than that it doesnt matter how many carbs I get I look fatter the next day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may sometimes hit a little higher, but thats it usually. None of it is sugar. Like in an average day that would be 1 whole grain english muffin, 25g of oatmeal, and a sandwich on whole grain bread. Possibly add a banana in too, so maybe 125g for a day, but not every day includes a sandwich either.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And you eating bad fats? I dont see what the culprit could be. If your diet is good then just up your cardio. Some of the leanest people only do cardio 3 times a week and have great results. I have a slower metabolism than them so I do it almost everyday. My heart is thanking me for it. Oh wait I just remembered you said you upped your cals intake. So the extra cals are coming from fats/protein.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very little in bad fats. just what is naturally in steaks and chicken, rarely bacon, some amount of pork. Frying is done in olive, peanut or corn oil. No butter, and mayo is either fat free or canola :) for butter I use one of the spreads that is 1/2 yogurt or so. Not much cheese either, lowfat usually. Cottage cheese I buy regular rather than lowfat, but thats because it has lower carbs :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your diet looks good.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Look'n forward to the log, should be a nice stack

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck man! Very interested to see what your results are.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to mention (not like the stack should have too significant effect on it) my blood pressure was 124/71, with a resting heart rate of 55.

Woke up at 203 today. Odd but in a nice way :) perhaps the dozen eggs a day diet is agreeing with me :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
201 on the scale today??? Who knows. I decided to go back to the gym, so i've had 5 consecutive days off. that was a good rest, now back to GBC! took 2 SDNG 1 hr preworkout, had 3 xl eggs scrambled int 1/4 cup (before cooking) quinoa, and headed off.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wed is day 2 of GBC (monday is day 1, fri is day 3) which now with my modifications consists of...

A1 - Swiss Ball Push Ups 4 x 12-15 (222) 45 sec finally putting my feet up on a bench!
A2 - Deadlift 3 x 10-12 (311) 60 sec 50+bar - only got 8 on 3rd set

B1 - Seated Cable Row w/rope to Neck 3 x 10-12 (321) 45 sec 130lbs - up 20 lbs again!!!
B2 - Leg Press 2 x 12-15 (411) 60 sec, 90lbs on regular press

C1 - Single Standing Leg Curl 3 x 10 (411) 45 sec 80lbs
C2 - Lateral Raise 3 x 12 -15 (221) 45 sec 12.5lbs

D1 - Barbell Curl 2 x 10 - 12 (311) 45 sec 50lbs
D2 - EZ Bar French Press (seated) 2 x 10- 12 (311) 30 sec 50lbs, used regular barbell, for whatever reason its less strain on my elbows that way.

lying db chest press 1 x 12 40lbs
Pec dec machine 1 x 10 65lbs
my chest hasn't made much progress, and the pushups seem to be affecting bis/tris more than chest, so I added a little chest at the end. I may start doing more of this. In the last 8 weeks I added .75 to one bi/tri and 1 inch to the other, but nothing to my chest...

A pretty solid workout! I was panting like a mofo, sweating like heck, got a hair dizzy at moments :) Kept timing and form really clean tho, and finished in about 45 minutes. very nice pump in my biceps. The SDNG gave some nice energy, I could feel it, and some warmth, but it didn't upset my stomach like sometimes happens with stim products. I also took my new peri-workout shake which was about 12 oz of gatorade + 6 oz water, 30g BCAA, 10g glutamine, 2g tyrosine, 5g creatine mono, and 1 scoop nitrobolic. Breakfast was 1/4 cup quinona (before cooking) and 3 xl eggs scrambled into it.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
just out of curiousity....how would you compare (not for making one better then other, but for my own knowledge) the feeling of SDNG and Levi, considering you just came off leviathan.

great detailed logs eric....good job bro

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I probably want to give a few more hours to be sure, but it seems like SDNG comes on a little harder + faster, but also is fading out faster. I'm already almost ready for a nap :) Also SDNG seems a little "warmer" but I think I actually sweated more on leviathan.

Which is kinda funny, as leviathan has more yohimbine in it so I would expect it to be the heat monster, but I think 2 SDNGs have more caffeine. The caffeine is in a blend section on the leviathan label, so I'm not sure how much per cap. More caffeine could explain the feel of coming on stronger, or it could just be having gone 3 days with taking reset ad and minimal stims :) We'll see as time goes on. the DHEA and ATD are things that will take a little more time to show their face :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I probably want to give a few more hours to be sure, but it seems like SDNG comes on a little harder + faster, but also is fading out faster. I'm already almost ready for a nap :) Also SDNG seems a little "warmer" but I think I actually sweated more on leviathan.

Which is kinda funny, as leviathan has more yohimbine in it so I would expect it to be the heat monster, but I think 2 SDNGs have more caffeine. The caffeine is in a blend section on the leviathan label, so I'm not sure how much per cap. More caffeine could explain the feel of coming on stronger, or it could just be having gone 3 days with taking reset ad and minimal stims :) We'll see as time goes on. the DHEA and ATD are things that will take a little more time to show their face :D

i see, thanks.
Leviathan has about 75mg of caffeine per pill.
I dont respond well to alot of caffeine. SDNG sounds like it would be a solid preworkout from what ive heard so far.

I agree on seeing how it goes, im interested in the SDNG to see how you respond over a few weeks...good luck man.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm yeah, sdng has 150mg of methyl xantheine (caffeine) per cap so 2 is 300, vs 150 for 2 leviathan. So the way it felt does make some sense. I think sdng is right about at my limit for my stomach not bothering me. friday i'll throw on the heart rate monitor too, to see how I am doing. I'm thinking it was was up thru the roof, which I dont really like. I stopped taking NO Shotgun when I realized i was walking into the gym with a 90 pulse. it only bothers me cause my regular rate is soooo low nowadays.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Hmm yeah, sdng has 150mg of methyl xantheine (caffeine) per cap so 2 is 300, vs 150 for 2 leviathan. So the way it felt does make some sense. I think sdng is right about at my limit for my stomach not bothering me. friday i'll throw on the heart rate monitor too, to see how I am doing. I'm thinking it was was up thru the roof, which I dont really like. I stopped taking NO Shotgun when I realized i was walking into the gym with a 90 pulse. it only bothers me cause my regular rate is soooo low nowadays.
yeah my resting is always in the low 50's....anything over 250 mg of caffeine usually makes me sick to my stomach. Ive had to lower my dose of RPM and just make up for it with extra drive..haha..

Interested to see how much leaner you get with sdng and xfactor combined. Should be solid.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, rpm is very hit or miss for me. if I dont time it and meals precisely right I feel like I want to vomit, and run to the toilet all the time. if I get it all right on the nose, its ok. I'm also doing about another 750-800mg of AA in eggs a day :D so around 1750mg worth of xfactor ;)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
yeah, rpm is very hit or miss for me. if I dont time it and meals precisely right I feel like I want to vomit, and run to the toilet all the time. if I get it all right on the nose, its ok. I'm also doing about another 750-800mg of AA in eggs a day :D so around 1750mg worth of xfactor ;)
nice...im itchin to start my xfactor, its not here yet....damn canada post.
I have been having isssues with my knee, for some reason its been bothering me alot, inflammation, just hardcore joint pain. I never hurt it, just weather or something....but im worried Xfactor may hurt more then help me with that...so we'll see

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
203 on the scale today, which is a little more reassuring. Too fast a drop is no good either. So i'm still down 3lbs in 5 days, which is nothing to sneeze at. I can see a leanness difference, a little bit of definition starting to appear where the lower obliques meet the abs. Off day today, so just 2 sdng for the day, 1 morning 1 afternoon

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Looks good Easy! 3 lbs in 5 days is very impressive man! Keep it up!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6 of x-factor supplementation

202 on the scale today :)

A1 - Squat 4 x 12-15 (401) 60 sec - 95lbs, I now know that the 7 foot olympic bar is 45 by itself :) I had to drop to 85 for set 2, and then to 75 for sets 3 + 4
A2 - Bench Press 4 x 10-12 (411) 60 sec again now I know real weight, I was previously counting bar as 20lbs. 115 for sets 1-3, 95 for set 4

B1 - Lunge (static) 3 x 15 (311) 60 sec - 2 10lb dumbbells
B2 - Barbell Rows 3 x 12 (311) 60 sec - compound rows on a machine, 155lbs set 1, 170 set 2, 185 set 3! I was previously using 140.

C1 - Good Mornings 3 x 10 (312) 60 sec - 50lbs
C2 - Standing Alt. Dumbbell Press 3 x 12 (201) 45 sec - 30lb

D1 - Reverse Barbell Curls 2 x 12 -15 (212) 30 sec - 50lb
D2 - Triceps Pushdowns (underhanded) 2 x 12 -15 (312) 30 sec - 110lb

Pretty good, and now that I know whan a 7' olympic bar weighs I fell WAY about about what i'm squatting + benching :)

Feeling pretty good, feeling heavier across shoulders, while feeling leaner too. I started taking lipidFX, scivations TTA product last nite, and started using Swell as my preworkout drink base (I really liked the samples). that plus 20gbcaa, 10g glutamine, 8g creatine mono, 2g tyrosine all peri-workout. feels good!

Last edited:
bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Easy, how much you spend on supps a month? Just wondering cause everytime I turn around you've got a new stack ( that I want to try out) going.
Nice log by the way, good detail.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I probably spend in the 350ish range, although I dont take it all in the month either, i've been accumulating some. I get paid well :) plus since i've shown the ability to do clean decently laid out logs and actually complete them, I'm getting picked as tester a lot :) You should be able to as well, your logs were nice and clean.

Its amazing, only about 50-60% of sponsored logs even get started it seems, and then a little more than half of that actually finish without enormous changes during the log. Its even harder with stuff like x-factor, where its a 50 day commitment.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I probably spend in the 350ish range, although I dont take it all in the month either, i've been accumulating some. I get paid well :) plus since i've shown the ability to do clean decently laid out logs and actually complete them, I'm getting picked as tester a lot :) You should be able to as well, your logs were nice and clean.

Its amazing, only about 50-60% of sponsored logs even get started it seems, and then a little more than half of that actually finish without enormous changes during the log. Its even harder with stuff like x-factor, where its a 50 day commitment.
its funny you say that...people dont realize the committment it takes to do a 2 month log. I can have a hard time with it too, has to be something i really wanna run, like x-factor.

I cant tell you the amount of people we pick to test PAL things that back out, or disapear. That is why companies see someone who completes good logs, so we pick them continuously, or they tend to be pick more often.

For me on the other hand, i have been picked to test.....and the first time it never made it past customs, and for xfactor im still waiting on it....cant wait to start though.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
its funny you say that...people dont realize the committment it takes to do a 2 month log. I can have a hard time with it too, has to be something i really wanna run, like x-factor.

I cant tell you the amount of people we pick to test PAL things that back out, or disapear. That is why companies see someone who completes good logs, so we pick them continuously, or they tend to be pick more often.

For me on the other hand, i have been picked to test.....and the first time it never made it past customs, and for xfactor im still waiting on it....cant wait to start though.
why does it take so long, dont they have a list or something

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Even a 30 day log updated 4 times a week can still be long, but I really log for myslef. Before I started here each workout day went onto a separate sheet of paper, and I kept them all. loggin online I can always see progress (or backsliding) and even look at pictures of myself over time :)

I started keeping tabs on who i saw selected for logs, and who actually completed, and how "thoroughly" they completed. It surprised me at first how bad it is. I guess its just one of those things, you don't want the same people all the time, and then some of those who do well want to do another product at the time yours goes out, so you have to pick from who applies. Its a pain. I like what lanbane and AN did on the drive launch, no true "sponsored" logs, but if you bought a bottle and logged at least 2 weeks, you got a free bottle of your choice. So it got a lot of logs out there, and for anyone who didn't finish it, it didn't cost AN anything.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
your right....but AN also sent beta bottles, well baggies.lol..that worked well, and got the feedback they needed...i agree, they are a great company and a good group of guys....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so guess what weight was today ? 205. so only 1 lbs down for the week. Funny really. I am a little bloated from a combo halloween/birthday party last nite, so that may account for it too.

Off day today, going to glamor shots with my wife for some couples photos. we'll see how that goes :)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
so guess what weight was today ? 205. so only 1 lbs down for the week. Funny really. I am a little bloated from a combo halloween/birthday party last nite, so that may account for it too.

Off day today, going to glamor shots with my wife for some couples photos. we'll see how that goes :)
STOP WEIGHT URSELF DAILY... STOP IT...

carry on.