Healthy Cheat Foods Pancake Mix review

1. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Healthy Cheat Foods Pancake Mix review

Ok, not exactly a supplement, but not sure where else this fit I had the luck of winning a package of the pancake mix, and today was my first day making some pancakes.

The directions read 1/2 cup of mix + 2/3 cup of water. i mixed it a little thin. the mix smelled ok, maybe a light whiff of that whey smell. I didn't try tasting the raw powder. It was sort of speckled, some darker bits in it, overall looked like most pancake mixes.

I'll have to play a little with them and temperature. they seemed to cook a little darker faster than buckwheat pancake mix does. The timing between ready and starting to carmelize a little was close. Not that they burned, just went from not ready to dark fairly quickly(so purely visual). I may also go a little thinner next time as well. I got 4 pancakes out of the 1/2 cup of mix.

Tastewise, I had one dry, and 3 with syrup. Dry it was a little bit crunchier + crisper than most pancakes, but just different, not bad. I kind of liked it actually, thinking it might be nice to use quite a bit thinner to make a pancake wrap for an egg? (more on why in a bit). Also the taste was interesting, it had a bit of an eggish taste, not any hint of the whey. I used Cary's sugar free syrup (sorbitol based) for the other 3. I wish someone made an aspartame or saccarin sweetened 0 cal syrup, i'll have to look around. Other than a little bit of extra crunchiness / grit (sort of like stone ground wheat bread) here and there, I couldn't tell the difference between these and regular pancakes. The grittiness was also less than with buckwheat pancakes for comparison.

the reason I mentioned trying it thinner to make a pancake wrap for an egg is 2 fold. for one damn but I miss mcgriddles. The other is that once I add the syrup, even tho it is sugar alchohol it still throws the macros that direction. but taking 2 regular pancakes worth of mix into one large pancake, rolling it around an egg and some turkey bacon, then adding syrup should be able to hit 40/40/20.

A very nice product, well worth having in the pantry. When this bag runs out, i'll be buying more

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yes - I love their Pancake mix! My wife and I eat them every Saturday morning before our spin class.

Great review E!
  3. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

Easy,

Thanks for taking the time to review the pancake mix!! Your take on it was almost identical to my mine.

-Z
    •   

4. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Cool review, thanks EJL
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

Similar Forum Threads

1. Healthy Cheat Foods Pancake Mix
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
  2. for all you Healthy Cheat Foods pancake eaters
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 11:25 AM
  3. question for people who use the healthy cheat food pancake mix?
    By Wichard20 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
  4. CNW Cookie Mix vs Healthy Cheat Foods Cookie Mix
    By ECTOmorph in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM