Ugab's 50 Day Recomp with Poseidon and Xfactor(1250mgs)

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
MY STATS ON DAY 1
Height: 6'1
Weight: 232
Approximate bf%: 14.5(son of a mutha! I done let my bf go!)

MY TRAINING
Current training routine: I train for MMA about 5 times per week. My training style changes a lot. I train off of instinct mostly. Im very aware of how my body reacts to different styles. I've done DC, HIT, High-Volume and currently, its a mix of high intensity and high volume. I wont be listing my planned workouts as they change so frequently, but I will be listing each workout I have and feelings on each exercise.

MY DIET

Training Days
9AM: 10liquid whites, 1scoop WPI, 2 cups water, 1 cup slow oats
10:50AM: (Preworkout) 2scoops WPI, 2cups water
11AM-130PM: drinking 1gallon of water with 3scoops of XTEND
1:45PM: (Postworkout) 2scoops WMS(80gs), 2scoopsWPI, 2cups water, 15gs of BCAAs
4PM: 10oz grilled chicken(chopped in tiny pieces), .5cup blackbeans, 1 cup of wholewheat pasta, low sugar pasta sauce(I throw all of it in a bowl, mash it up, and enjoy)
6PM: 1/2lb 93/7 lean beef
8PM: 10oz grilled chicken(or flanksteak), handful of lowsalt cashews(or 2 scoops WPI w/water)
10PM: 3scoops MuscleMilk, 2 servings (10gsFiber) Pysilliumseedhusks, 2cups of Carbcountdown FF Dairy Beverage

Nontraining Days
9AM: 10liquid whites, 1scoop WPI, .5cup oats
11AM: 10oz grilled chicken
2PM: 2scoops WPI with water
4PM: 1/2lb 93/7 lean beef
6PM: 2scoops WPI with water
8PM: 10oz grilled chicken, handful of lowsalt cashews
10PM: 3scoops MuscleMilk, 1 serving (5gsFiber) Pysilliumseedhusks, 2cups of Carbcountdown FF Dairy Beverage

Basically, I will be using a moderate carb approach on workout days and an extremely low carb approach on non/workout days. Im carbsensitive and currrently, my bf% is higher than Id like, so Im hoping to get it down.

STAPLE SUPPLEMENTS
800ius of VitE
2000mg of Ester-C
Wholefood Multi
AcaiJuice(antioxidants)
fruit/vegetable powder
Xtend(3-5 servings per day)
Melatonin/Bulk Powerfull(as needed for sleep)
Life Support(just to keep the bp down)
Osteobolin-C(joint support)
ON's Gold Standard Whey Hydrolsolate(etc...)
MuscleMilk
Bulk WMS
Pysllium Seed Husks(Fiber)
AP- usually only 1-2 times per day before carb meals.

DOSING FOR SPONSORED PRODUCTS
Xfactor- 2 pre w/o, 1 cap afternoon, 1 around 6pm, 1 at bed.
Poseidon- 2servings pre w/o, 1 post w/o, 1 b4 bed.

GOALS FOR THIS LOG
Performance: Improve my cardio for MMA and gain strength.
Bodybuilding: Recomp. Improve hardness.

MAN, IM READY FOR THIS ONE. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good god, I would hate to roll with you, subbed.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
will be following.

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 1-4
I started my supplementation, but due to work issues, yesterday(day5) was my first workout.

DAY 5

Biceps
Incline Dumbell Curls- 30sx20, 50sx12, 50sx10, drop of 40sx10, 30sx20, 20sx30
Crossbody Hammer Curls- 2 sets of 50sx25
Standing Cable Curls- 2 sets of 30
Standing Rope Cable Curls- 2 sets of 25
Lying Reverse Cable Curls(If you havent tried these, you need to! They will bring the peak up in a hurry.) - warmup, 1 set of 102 reps using rest/pause

Triceps
Dumbell Incline Tricep Extensions- 85x20, 120x25, 65x73
Dumbell Brainbusters- 30sx30, 40sx24/11/8/7/4/1 using rest/pause
Rope Pressdowns- 2 sets of 20
Dips- BW for 2 sets of 20

Overall Impressions So Far
Well, nothing to report yet other than the fact that my sleep has gotten better and my overall energy is up. I am sore as he** following this workout, but not sure if that can be attributed to xfactor or not. I havent any headaches at all and no insomnia from my pm dose either. Maybe the posiedon is cancelling out the insomnia caused by xfactor or maybe xfactor just doesnt bother me with a pm dose. Either way, so far so good. Delts comin next....

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
Good god, I would hate to roll with you, subbed.
Ill be 100% honest, you'd DESTROY me man. I may be bigger, but your skill level is much much higher than mine man. My size and strength is too much for most beginners, but I have 170 pound vet's that tap my ass out repeatedly. Im still a rookie man. But hey, thanks for the compliment. By the way, when's your next fight man?

Metroba/CellularDude- Thanks for watching, Im hopin this one will be a nice ride.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ill be 100% honest, you'd DESTROY me man. I may be bigger, but your skill level is much much higher than man. My size and strength is too much for most beginners, but I have 170 pound vet's that tap my ass out repeatedly. Im still a rookie man. But hey, thanks for the compliment. By the way, when's your next fight man?

Metroba/CellularDude- Thanks for watching, Im hopin this one will be a nice ride.
no problem. Be sure to check out my run with Drive and X-Factor when you can. :lol:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill be 100% honest, you'd DESTROY me man. I may be bigger, but your skill level is much much higher than man. My size and strength is too much for most beginners, but I have 170 pound vet's that tap my ass out repeatedly. Im still a rookie man. But hey, thanks for the compliment. By the way, when's your next fight man?

It's on November 3rd. I am dropping to LW and the diet has been torturous. I am almost within cutting range, so I can somewhat ease up on the caloric restriction.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Subbed...great start! :thumbsup:

Workin

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
no problem. Be sure to check out my run with Drive and X-Factor when you can. :lol:
Yeah man, your gonna love that combo. Drive or xfactor solo would be good, but together will be insane.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so wait, doing 1250 for 50 or 1250 for 60? 3 bottles takes you to 60 at that :) I'm still deciding what to do dosagewise myself

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
so wait, doing 1250 for 50 or 1250 for 60? 3 bottles takes you to 60 at that :) I'm still deciding what to do dosagewise myself
Ill be doing 1250 x50 days.

DAY 6

Shoulders
Dumbell Press- 50sx30, 65sx25, drop of 65x10, 50x15, 45x20, 35sx20
Plate Raises- 35x20, 35x15, drop of 35x15, 25x27
1 Arm Side Laterals- 3 sets of 20 w/25s
Side Lateral Pumps- 50s til failure for 2 sets, 40s til failure plus rest/pause of 12/8/6 assisted reps focusing on negs.

Cardio
My MMA instructor and I just did about 2 miles with intervals, since todays an off day for us.

My endurance was really good today. The pumps were great. We'll see tommorrow if the DOMS has started to increase. 2moro will be a double split with back/legs in AM and then chest in da PM.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good ugab. I'm in on this one as well.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
If DOMS increase at day 6, my jaws fall on the floor. lol

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 7

Chest
Trisets of FlatBarPress/InclineFlyes/FlatDumbellPress- 3 sets of 135x50/50sx20/65x30

Triceps
Decline Brainbusters- 85x20, 125x15, 145x15 followed by closegrip presses til failure
Incline Dumbell Extensions- 120x25, 85x51
Rope Pressdowns- 2 sets of 20

Biceps
Buddy Curls- 85x20/18/16/14/12/10/8/17(alternated between close and wide grips)
Crossbody Hammer Curls- 2 sets of 25 w/40's
1 Arm Spider Dumbell Curls- 25x15, 30x10 then partials til failure, then 10 full negatives.

Back
1 Arm Rows- 120x27
Supersets of WidePulldowns/BackPulldowns- 2 sets of 20/20
Straight-Arm Pulldowns- 2 sets til failure

Legs
(pressed for time and spent by now, so....)
3 Giantsets of LegPress/LegExtension/LegCurl/CalfRaise- sets of 10/15/10/25

Cardio
Ran some hills for about 20 total minutes. All I had after these 2 workouts.

I felt really enegized today. My sleep is better and much deeper. I just feel this natural type of energy. Its not like a speedy or jittery feel at all, its smooth. So Far, so Good. I cant wait til the xfactor kicks in. Yeah buddy, Lightweight!!!

DAY 8
off days

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Very solid program! :thumbsup:

Workin

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 9

Shoulders
Superset of DumbellPress/SideLateralPumps- 3 sets of 65sx20/50s til failure
Triset of Seated FrontRaise/LateralRaise/LateralPumps- 3 sets of 25sx20/15/failure

Also, since it was shoulder day, my MMA instructor and I went ahead and incorporated some striking. We did 3 sets til failure of jab/cross combos followed by jab/jab until failure while holding 5lb dumbells. It was a very good burnout.

Cardio
10 minutes of 3/1 walking/sprinting intervals

Again, my sleep has been awesome. My skin is definately looking healthier. So far, the pumps have been good. It's still a little too early for the xfactor results, but poseidon is doing exactly what it claims. My stamina has also been elevated quite nicely.

DAYS 10/11
off days

DAY 12

Biceps
Incline Dumbell Curls- 30sx25, 45sx15, drop of 40sx10/ 30sx20/ 20sx30
ConcentrationCurls- 3 sets of 21's(triple 7s) with 30s
Seated Hammer Curls- 2 sets of 15 w/45s
1 Arm Spider Curls- 1 set w/35(10 full reps, then partials til failure, then 7 negatives)
Cable Rope Curls- 2 sets of 25
Wide Bar Cable Curls - 2sets of 20
LyingReverseCableCurls- 1 set of 101 reps(insane burn!!)
MachinePreacherCurls- 1 set til failure w/partials

My stamina is just amazing. I wake up in the morning, take 2 scoops of poseidon w/ my whey isolate, and I feel like I could go all day. My pumps were definately elevated today, so maybe the xf is kicking in slightly. Really, no complaints so far. No headaches or anything and Im feeling energized all day. One thing to note as well is that my weight was up 3lbs today and thats with a very low carb intake. Tommorrow will be chest/tris....

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
DAY 9

My stamina is just amazing. I wake up in the morning, take 2 scoops of poseidon w/ my whey isolate, and I feel like I could go all day. My pumps were definately elevated today, so maybe the xf is kicking in slightly. Really, no complaints so far. No headaches or anything and Im feeling energized all day. One thing to note as well is that my weight was up 3lbs today and thats with a very low carb intake. Tommorrow will be chest/tris....
Glad to hear it...stamina and endurance is definitely where Poseidon shines!

Workin

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 13

Chest
Flat Bar Press- 135x40, 205x33
Triset of HiIncline/LoIncline/Flat(All Flyes)- 3 sets of 40sx12/12/failure
Superset of FlatDumbellFlye/Press- 35sx30/failure

Triceps
Incline Dumbell Extensions- 65x50, 120x26
Dumbell Brainbusters- 20sx40, 40sx15, 30sx32

My pumps were definately elevated today. Goodnight, that was crazy. Stamina is still up and I look much fuller, but not like puffy at all. I just look bigger. Im loving this so far. 2moro will be back/legs....

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 14

Back
One Arm Dumbell Rows- 100x15, 120x32
WideMachinePulldowns- 2 sets of 20
WideStation Pulldowns- 2 sets of 20
Underhand Pulldowns- 2 sets of 20
Superset of Wide/Narrow Straight-Arm Pulldowns- 3 sets of 20/failure
One Arm Cable Rows- 2 sets of 12(w/rest/pause on 2nd)

Legs
Deadlifts- 135x10, 225x6, 315x4, 405x8, 465x4(I used to be so much stronger on these. It makes me sick. Oh well, hopefully this stack will get me back)
Giant Sets of LegPress/LegExtension/LegCurl/CalfRaises- 3 rotations of 10/10/10/20

PUMPS, PUMPS, PUMPS!! Man, it was intense today. Also, my strength is up for sure. Im not sure if its from the 'feeling' of poseidon or from xfactor, but its elevated. One thing to note was that my bi's were still sore, so it hurt me a little on back today, but thats fine. I did about 2.5 scoops of poseidon today preworkout, and I got the damn niacin flush with that for sure. I kinda like it though. It gets me all jacked for the workout. My skin is so much clearer. Every little spot of acne is gone(not normally a prob., but its non-existant now). My weight is still 3lbs up so far, so thats nice. Im sad to say that tommorrow will be an off day, but sunday, ill be back at it.

DAY 15
off day

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it vaguely normal for light pumps to persist thru a rest day once x-factor kicks in?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I already (at day 5 yesterday) felt a little of that, I didn't have DOMS, but biceps felt partially pumped all day on my off day. keep in mind i'm at around 2g of aa a day with all the eggs... so maybe it is kickin in that fast?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
DAY 14
I did about 2.5 scoops of poseidon today preworkout, and I got the damn niacin flush with that for sure. I kinda like it though. It gets me all jacked for the workout. My skin is so much clearer. Every little spot of acne is gone(not normally a prob., but its non-existant now). My weight is still 3lbs up so far, so thats nice. Im sad to say that tommorrow will be an off day, but sunday, ill be back at it.

DAY 15
off day
I actually try and time by Pre-workout Poseidon so the Niacin Flush hits me by my first set. Makes for an excellent workout! Pumps and energy through the roof! :thumbsup:

Workin

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I already (at day 5 yesterday) felt a little of that, I didn't have DOMS, but biceps felt partially pumped all day on my off day. keep in mind i'm at around 2g of aa a day with all the eggs... so maybe it is kickin in that fast?
IMO it's not fully kicked in yet. At least 10 days at 2g would be my guess.. DOMS are usually the first indication of it kicking in..

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 16

Shoulders
Dumbell Press- 50sx30, 65sx30, 85sx14 immediate drop for 50s til failure
OneArmDumbellLaterals- 3 sets of 15 w/35s
PlateRaises- 2 sets of 45s x 12
Trisets of CableFront/Side/Bent Raises- 3 sets of 15 each

Traps
Dumbell Shrugs- 2 sets of 10 w/120s(I hold at the top for a 3 count and on rep 10, I hold til failure

Well, I felt a little sluggish today, but still managed a good workout. I had a late night last night, so hopefully I can regroup for the next workout.

DAYS 17/18
off days

DAY 19

Biceps(I only had 30 mins.. Call in at work)
Trisets of CableCurls/RopeCurls/HiCableCurls- 3 sets of 15-20 on all(nice pump on these badboys...)
Supersets PreacherCurls/LyingReverseCurls - 2 sets of 20/30, final set on preachers was failure, then partials. then 1 set of 107 reps w/some rest/pause.

Well, work tried to ruin todays workout, but I actually managed to get a really awesome pump. The time restraint actually helped me. The poseidon helped with stamina and Im assuming the xf has kicked in cause my pumps were so hard it was painful.

DAY 20
Chest
Flat Bar Benchpress- 135x20, 185x6, 225x4, 275x4, 315x4(I really wish my pec wasnt so screwed up from my tear, cause 315 felt light and I havent went heavy in over a year.), 205x27
HiINcline Flyes- 2 sets of 15 w/50s
LoIncline Flyes- 2 sets of 15 w/50s
Almost 90degree End2End Flyes w/arms COMPLETELY straight- 2 sets of 15 w/25s(crazy stretch on these)

Triceps
Incline Dumbell Extensions- 1 run da rack set w/ 120x5, 100x10, 85x15, 65x20, 50x25, 45x30, 40x35, 35x40, 30x45, 25x50, 20x201

Lets see, Im sore as a mutha from yesterdays workout, so the DOMS is kickin in and Im lovin it. Todays workout, I had a pump in my triceps that was just insane. It stayed pumped for about 3 hours after the workout. My strength on flatpress is was awesome and my stamina was up as well. I definately dont have any oily skin from the xf. My skin is flawless right now, so poseidon is doing its job. Im really liking this ride now...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Wow nice update U!!! I<m glad the DOMS kicked in!

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 21

Back
(again in hurry)

Trisets of WidePulldowns/StraightArmPulldownsWide/Narrow- 3 sets of 15/15/failure
Underhand Pulldowns- 3 sets of 15
Cable Reverse Flyes- 2 sets of 20 done on 3 different heights

My triceps are so sore that I cant wash my hair. I love that feeling. Next week should be back to normal, so I can get back to some heavy workouts. Next update will be on sunday...

DAY 22
off day

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 23/24/25
off days

DAY 26

Biceps
EZ bar buddy curls- 85x19/17/15/13/11/9/7/5/14(using r/p)
Incline Dumbell Curls-40sx10, 50sx10, drop of 40sx10, 30sx20, 20sx30, 15sxfailure
Crossbody Hammer Curls- 2 sets of 50sx20
Giantsets of 1armConcentrationCurls/ SeatedHammerCurls/ SeatedStraghtCurls/ SeatedPartials- 2 sets of 50x6/ 40sx10/ 35sx10, 30sxfailure
LyingReverseCableCurls- warmup, set of 54
RopeCableCurls- 2 sets of 20

Back
1armRows- 120x26
1armCableRows- 2 sets of 20
Supersets of ReverseGripPulldowns/StraightArmPulldowns- 3sets of 15/20
WidePulldowns- 2 sets til failure with rest/pause
ReverseCableFlyes- 2 sets of 15

My weight is still up. Ive got a few new spots of acne, but nothing major. My sleep has still been really good. The DOMS is beautiful. I can tell exactly what part of what muscle group I attacked the day before. My strength is good. The biggest things Im noticing now are pumps and endurance. Thats perfect for me with my MMA training.

DAY 27
Chest
Flat Bar Press- 135x20, 185x10, 225x10, 275x8(I didnt push it too hard today, but the xf definately hasnt contributed anything negative to my past injury. If anything I feel better)
GiantSets of HiInclineFlye/LoInclineFlye/FlatFlye/DeclineFlye- 3 sets of 45sx10 on each

Its getting better everyday!! Yeah budday, lightweight!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Great update...sounds like everything is coming along nicely!

Workin

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAY 28
off day

DAY 29

Biceps
Standing Alternates- 30sx20, 40sx15, 50sx12, 50sx12
Crossbody Hammer Curls- 2 sets of 20 w/50s
Incline Dumbell Curls- 30sx30, 40sx20
1Arm Spider Curls- 2 sets til failure + partials
1Arm Hammer Concentration Curls- 2 sets of 21's w/35s
Rope Cable Curls- 2 sets of 20
Lying Reverse Cable Curls- warmup, set of 54
Bar Cable Curls- set of 8, drop of reps 6/8/10/12/14/20

My weight is up a total of 5lbs and honest-to-God, my waist is down one size. I couldnt be happier with this and the best part is, I still got 20 days left. Man this is a killer combo. Im ready to start hitting it heavy again, so keep an eye out on my #s. Nuttin but a peanut!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
DAY 28

My weight is up a total of 5lbs and honest-to-God, my waist is down one size. I couldnt be happier with this and the best part is, I still got 20 days left. Man this is a killer combo. Im ready to start hitting it heavy again, so keep an eye out on my #s. Nuttin but a peanut!
:thumbsup:

Workin

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 30-42

BAD, BAD NEWS!!!! I was stabbed in my wrist this past weekend. It required 16 stitches, but no major arteries were hit. I wont be able to workout until the stitches are removed and thats scheduled for day 41 of this log, so day 42 will be the next workout update. Just as a side note, it was not started by me, but I managed to handle myself very well even after the wound. I believe I will go back and work on my gun/knife techniques a little more. Wow, what a freaking weekend. Stuff like this just doesnt happen to me. Im a very low keyed and laid back guy, but sometimes you must defend yourself. Anyways, its all good now. Ill post my updates on the cut. Sorry to both MN and Nimbus for the 12 day layoff right in the middle of the log. Ill finish strong though.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 30-42

BAD, BAD NEWS!!!! I was stabbed in my wrist this past weekend. It required 16 stitches, but no major arteries were hit. I wont be able to workout until the stitches are removed and thats scheduled for day 41 of this log, so day 42 will be the next workout update. Just as a side note, it was not started by me, but I managed to handle myself very well even after the wound. I believe I will go back and work on my gun/knife techniques a little more. Wow, what a freaking weekend. Stuff like this just doesnt happen to me. Im a very low keyed and laid back guy, but sometimes you must defend yourself. Anyways, its all good now. Ill post my updates on the cut. Sorry to both MN and Nimbus for the 12 day layoff right in the middle of the log. Ill finish strong though.

Just take time to rest, you'll be able to judge on the speed of the healing process too, so that's a good thing :D

ugab37

ugab37

Awards
  • Established
It was crazy, but Im mainly mad about missing my workouts. I feel like a caged animal. Im goin to do some legs!! (or at least Id like to)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
DAYS 30-42

No apologies needed my friend...hope you heal quickly! ;)

Workin