BPS gets into an Anabolic State w/ X-Factor and Mass FX!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to my X-Factor/Mass FX log. I was chosen for this sponsored log over on BB.com but thought that since some of the other people chosen for these stacks were chosen from this forum that it would be a good idea to start a log on AM as well so we can all compare and keep track of each other.

SO today is the start of my X-Factor/Mass FX log. All the product has not reached me yet but I like to get a jump on these things and post a couple workouts with my thoughts on them before I start the products, just so some comparisons can be drawn within this log.

I'm not going to go too much into depth about myself right now, but here's a little information anyway:

Height: 5'11
Weight: 258 - and dropping!
Bodytype: Meso with some endo tendancies
Bodybuilding for 3 years (lifting for almost 10), competing in 2005 and 2006, next competition will probably be in 2008

Current Training Schedule: (regular schedule)
Sun - Shoulders,
Mon - Quads, Calves
Tues - Chest, Bi's
Wed - OFF
Thurs - Hams, Calves
Fri - Back, Tri's
Sat - OFF

Abs will mixed in on various days, they may be worked up to 4 or 5 times a week, but 2 days per week is the minimum.

Cardio Schedule: Between 3-5 times per week depending on how I'm feeling.
Post Workout - 30 minutes on stepper, treadmill, or crosstrainer. I sometimes go walking/jogging in the mornings but as it's getting colder up here most cardio will be in the gym.

NOTE: I coach a local hockey team up here and I am on-ice Tuesday's and Friday's - this will not be considered actual cardio time - it's just a little extra exercise/calorie burning.

Supplements for this log:
Molecular Nutrition's - X-Factor
Anabolic Xtreme's - Mass FX
Millennium Sport Technologies - Ragnarok
Scivation's - Xtend
Bio X's - Power Whey Protein

The current diet:

1 - Morning Blender Shake (Yogurt, fruit, protein)

2 - Protein shake (2 scoops)

3 - 8 -10 oz Chicken breast, 1 cup vegtables, Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles

4 - repeat 2

Pre-workout:
Ragnarok

Intra-workout:
Xtend

Post-Workout:
Protein Shake (2 scoops)

5 - 8-10oz Beef or chicken breast, salad with balsamic vinigrette.

6 - 2 scoops protein or Scrambled egg whites.

Current Daily water intake: 4-6 litres

Basically, I'm looking at logging my thought and my workouts while on X-Factor(XF) and Mass FX (MFX) to see if they can help me maintain or even increase my strength and lean muscle mass while I continue pursuing my goal of getting down to 220 (shredded). As in all my logs feel free to express opinion, suggestions, or even provide constructive criticisms.

Steve

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
X-Factor

What's In It?

Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 100

Amount Per Serving:

Arachidonic Acid: 250mg

Other Ingredients:
AA Oil (a proprietary blend of arachidonic acid, palmitic acid, steric acid, linoleic acid, y-linolenic acid, dihomo-y-linolenic acid, myristic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, lignoceric acid, and other fatty acids), gelatin, glycerin, water, caramel color, and carob.

Directions: Take 1 softgel 3-4 times daily for 50 days (2 bottles are required for a full cycle). Do not exceed recommended dosage. Take 50 days off before repeating. To maximize benefits, avoid supplementing omega 3 fatty acids, or other anti-inflammatory products, while taking X-Factor.

Faster And More Profound Increases In Muscle Size And Strength!
Clinically tested at Baylor University for safety and effectiveness, Molecular Nutrition's Anabolic X-Factor? is the world's first patented hypertrophic catalyst. By enhancing the storage of arachidonic acid in exercised muscles, X-Factor drastically amplifies the body's sensitivity and responsiveness to resistance training. This means faster and more profound increases in muscle size, strength, even the rate of lipolysis (fat loss). Clinical trials at the Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab at Baylor University have demonstrated remarkable increases in muscle strength (44% > placebo), peak muscle power (600% > placebo), average power (223% > placebo), and anaerobic endurance (250% > placebo) with 50 days of X-Factor supplementation. Having passed the ultimate test of clinical investigation and peer-review, X-Factor joins the elite ranks of a select few clinically proven ergogenic agents.

How To Take X-Factor?

Dosage/Administration: As a dietary supplement, take 3-4 capsules per day. The capsules should be taken with meals, and are best divided into 3 or 4 separate applications (1 capsule, 3-4 times per day). Take for 50 days, followed by a break of at least 50 days.

Add Protein/Calories: Because X-Factor intensifies protein turnover in exercised muscles, you may need to increase your total daily protein and calorie intake in order to gain significant muscle bulk. This often falls in the range of a 500-1000 calorie per day increase.

Things to Remember: The effects of X-Factor? can be hindered by the consumption of certain drugs or supplements. Minimize the intake of pain medications containing acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or aspirin, NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), Flax and Fish oil supplements, and Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) while taking X-Factor. Keep a balanced high-protein diet, limit oily fish to two meals per week, and avoid the unbalanced (very high) consumption of foods known to be high in omega 3 fatty acids while taking X-Factor. Remember to drink at least 64 ounces of water daily while taking X-Factor?.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Mass FX

What's In It?

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving:

AX Proprietary Matrix 530mg
(3b,5a,6a,25R)-Spirostan-3,6-diol
3,4-divanilyltetrahydrofuran
6,7,-dyhydroxybergamotin
Bioperine

Other Ingredients:
Geletin, microstalline cellulose, modified constarch, magnesium stearate, silica.

Directions: As a dietary supplement, take four servings evenly spread throughout the day.

Supports Testosterone & Delivers Pumps For Increase Muscle Gain!
25R-diol has been developed exclusively by Anabolic Xtreme. This mass and strength building agent was designed to be stacked with Hyperdrol to create the most potent lean muscle building stack available today. Mass FX will boost testosterone levels, deliver rock hard pumps, promote the Alpha Male mentality, increase aggression, build xtreme muscle mass and give immediate strength gains. Mass FX will deliver the results you want in just a few days of usage and will continue though out your cycle. Welcome to the world of Mass FX.

Within Your First Few Days:
Mass FX starts to kick in. You should be feeling the Alpha Male mentality. Workouts will be more intense and recovery will be quicker.

After 1 Week:
You will notice muscle pumps and hardness like you have never experienced before. Your strength is now beginning to increase. Your veins are starting to pop. You can feel that Mass FX is working and you like it!

After 2-3 Weeks and Beyond:
The pro-anabolic optimizer is in full effect stimulating lean muscle mass and strength gains. Your muscles look and feel dramatically harder, stronger and fuller. Your strength is increasing beyond what you expected from an all natural product that doesn’t have the nasty side effects of pro-hormones. By now you know that Mass FX works and your gains have only begun. While you finish out your 6-8 week cycle, each week your muscles will become stronger, harder, fuller and bigger. Your workouts will continue to intensify, your Alpha Male mentality will continue to dominate and your test levels will be like nothing you have ever felt before.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Sunday - Pre-Log Workout #1

Today marks my first workout of my pre-log, it was my scheduled shoulder day. For anyone who hasn't been in on one of my recent logs a little back ground is needed. Not too long ago the gym I was going to abruptly closed it's doors hanging us (me and ~DD~ - the GF) out to dry, as we had already paid for most of our memberships we got screwed a little on that deal. Since then we've been working out at a woefully undersupplied university gym (her membership is free and mine is very cheap there). There's not a whole lot of equipment/weight there so sometimes I really have to get creative with my lifts, when the new year rolls around I will once again have my fitness expense account to spend on new memberships at a better gym but until then the university gym has to do.

Smith Machine Military Press

10 reps @ 135 lbs
10@185,
10@205
10@225

Lateral Raise Drops

10@45 drop to 10@25
10@45 drop to 10@25
10@45 drop to 10@25

Seated DB Press

15@60's
12@60's
11@60's

Bent over Raise superset w/ Upright BB Row

10@45 ss w/ 10@135
10@45 ss w/ 10@135
10@45 ss w/ 10@135

BB Shrugs ss w/ Decline Bench Crunches

12@315 ss w/ 20
12@315 ss w/ 20
10@315 ss w/ 20

Cardio

30 Minutes on the eliptical machine, random hill setting, level 10

Energy Level: To start off I didn't sleep well last night so I've been dragging a$$ all morning. The only thing that woke me up for the workout was the Stimulant X sample that AX sent with the Mass FX (and man did it wake me up, I still have some shakes going!) For the workout my energy level was quite high I would rate it an 8/10.

Workout Rating: This workout gets a B+, they're not my best numbers but they gave me a deadly pump and I can feel that there's going to be a little soreness over the next couple days! (can't wait I love that feeling!)

Post-Workout Musings: This workout was pretty good, all soreness from the previous week was gone so it felt like I was starting the week with a clean-slate. I took down a shake after the workout (protein and water) and my body responded well, no bloat or fullness, just a content feeling. I'm looking forward to legs tomorrow...and really looking forward to when the X-Factor arrives. Spending most of the rest of the day at the school studying, until tonight when I go and coach my team's first league game.

Diet - so far (got up a bit late so I did some adjusting this morning.)

2 - 8 oz Chicken breast, 1/2 cup vegtables, 1/2 cup cooked Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles
WORKOUT
3 - Protein Shake

Water intake: 3 litres so far.[/

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Monday - Pre-Log Workout #2

Today was a leg workout, as I posted above it was a blessing in disguise to do it after I coached the game as by then there wasn't too many people left in the gym. A few cardio girls left but other than that it was pretty much just me and ~DD~ on the weights.

Squats

10@135
10@225
10@275
10@315
8@365
8@405

Leg Press ss w/ Sled Calf Press

20@400 ss w/ 20@400
20@400 ss w/ 20@400
20@400 ss w/ 20@400

Leg Extensions ss w/ Single Leg Calf Press with DB

20@180 ss w/ 12each leg @ bodyweight + 40 lbs DB
17@195 ss w/ 12ea@BW+40
13@210 ss w/ 12ea@BW+40

Adductor/Abductor Machine - NO IT'S NOT JUST FOR WOMEN ANYMORE!!!

10@75 Adductors ss w/ 10@75 Abductors
10@85 ADD ss w/ 10@85 ABD
10@90 ADD ss w/ 10@90 ABD

Single Leg Stationary Lunges with DB's - other leg is balancing behind me on a bench.

Not done today

Cardio

None

Energy Level: Once again I didn't sleep great last night and woke up a little tired. Good thing I don't let my job sap too much of my energy over teh day. After coaching I was actually decently energized (even just coaching, the competitive juices get flowing - even thought we only tied tonight) so energy-wise I was pretty on point by the time I got to the gym. 8/10

Workout Rating: The workout gets a B. My legs are coming back around to their regular selves again, my knees are feeling pretty solid. I'm just keeping a really good eye on them right now as I don't want to force anything and have them crap out on me for few months again. My Rectus Femoris is feeling pretty good again as well (I had pain at the insertion to the patellar tendon but this seem sto be mostly gone now - what's left is easily managable with simple stetching), Pretty soon I'll be wrapping up the knees and belting up the waist for some massive squats!!!

Post-Workout Musings: My intensity level was top notch tonight, I was barely taking 30 - 40 seconds rest between sets and I was still able to maintain some high quality lifts, so I really feel that my training is back on point! I can't wait to take it to that next level!! It's a great feeling to have my legs recovering/getting stronger as some recent set-backs had me wondering what to do with my leg workouts. Chest and Bi's tomorrow, FYI..for anyone new around here chest is easily my strongest/most developed bodypart so those workouts are always pretty awesome/intense!!

Diet

2 - 2 scoops protein w/ water

3 - 8 oz Chicken breast, 1/2 cup vegtables, 1/2 cup cooked Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles

4 - Same as 2

5 - 8oz Ground Beef Patty (1 egg and a bit of oatmeal tossed in with the beef to keep it all together), 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded broccolli salad.

WORKOUT

6 - 4 egg whites, 1 yolk, scrambled w/ Splenda packet and dusted with Cinnamon.

Water intake: 6.5 litres today.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
glad to see you over here. :lol:
I appreciate it, obviously I'm relatively new to the board but I've been around for awhile. Can't wait to get into the nitty gritty of this log!!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate it, obviously I'm relatively new to the board but I've been around for awhile. Can't wait to get into the nitty gritty of this log!!
:thumbsup: Visit my log on x-factor and Drive when you get the chance. I was selected here for that log as you were picked on bb.com for the mass FX one. Can't wait to see the results though. :afro:

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: Visit my log on x-factor and Drive when you get the chance. I was selected here for that log as you were picked on bb.com for the mass FX one. Can't wait to see the results though. :afro:
Will do!

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
BPS i think I noticed your from Hali in your profile on bb.com...Lemme know when you get your X-factor, im in Halifax also....Good luck bro, sub'd

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #3 - Chest and Bi's

Man it feels like I was just here?!?!?!

Here I am, back in the school library again. I had been waiting here for ~DD~ to finish some school work but she was too busy here so I rushed off and got a workout in by myself, it was pretty decent, would've even been better if I didn't have to squeeze it to under 30 minutes!

Bench Press

20@135
15@185
12@225
8@275
8@315

Incline Press

10@135
10@185
10@225
8@275

DB Bench Flyes

12@50's
10@50's
10@50's

Barbell Curls

20@45
10@65
10@85
8@105

Down-the-rack DB Curls

10ea@40/10ea@30/10ea@20
8@40/10@30/10@20 - Hammers
6@40/6@30/10@20

Cardio

None

Energy Level: Energy level was pretty awesome, I made sure that I got to bed a little earlier last night since I had to get up early. Even with having practice today my levels were still top notch, it's a good thing the ragnarok is doing it's pre-workout job. 8.5/10

Workout Rating: I'll give it an A- today! Yes, it felt pretty awesome, the lifts were nice and heavy, but I wasn't breaking any records. When I get at least 8 solid reps at a weight over 300lbs for both Flat bench and Incline bench that's when I call it a great day!

Post-Workout Musings: Intensity was pretty good, I was a little rushed though. I waited and waited for ~DD~ but she was so bogged down with work that I ended up just leaving her here in the library and rushing off to the gym by myself. I did my whole workout in just barely 30 minutes, so there wasn't much rest being taken. I must admit that my Bi's felt a little wiped by the time I got to them, usually chest doesn't affect my bicep lifts. I'm guessing it was just the overall lack of rest inbetween sets that really did it.

Diet

3 - 8 oz Chicken breast, 1 cup of shredded broccolli salad, 1/2 cup cooked Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles

4 - Same as 2

5 - 8oz Ground Beef Patty (1 egg and a bit of oatmeal tossed in with the beef to keep it all together), 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded broccolli salad.

WORKOUT

6 - (pending) - I'm thinking that'll just be a shake due to the lateness of this meal.

Water intake: 6.5 litres today

EDIT: Ooops...forgot all my formatting...next time I guess.... :(

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Looks good! Subbed!
Thanks for stopping by...wait until this *really* gets started...all hell will be set loose!!!

you should have good results! :head:
I'm looking forward to it...if you have any suggestions or constructive criticisms, please let me know...

i know u.. subbed
It's funny, no matter what forum a guy goes to there's always some familiar faces(people).

BPS i think I noticed your from Hali in your profile on bb.com...Lemme know when you get your X-factor, im in Halifax also....Good luck bro, sub'd
Yup...living in Hali, originally from Regina, Saskatchewan...but I try not to admit to that too often. Hey, you wouldn't happen to work at "that store" would ya?

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
It was a simple planned day OFF yesterday. Pretty much just took it easy, did a little grocery shopping, rested and caught up on some TV watching. Today is scheduled for Hamstrings and Tri's (some think this is an odd combination - but I like it). Not going to the gym until ~DD~ gets out of class at 9pm though, but after work I'll be going back to the library to work on some anatomy (I have another mid-term and lab test coming up on Nov.2 - got to maintain that A+ average!!).....

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It was a simple planned day OFF yesterday. Pretty much just took it easy, did a little grocery shopping, rested and caught up on some TV watching. Today is scheduled for Hamstrings and Tri's (some think this is an odd combination - but I like it). Not going to the gym until ~DD~ gets out of class at 9pm though, but after work I'll be going back to the library to work on some anatomy (I have another mid-term and lab test coming up on Nov.2 - got to maintain that A+ average!!).....
A+! Whoa! Good luck on this one man!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #4 - Hamstrings and Tri's

Just a quick workout post with a couple attached pics...not much else going on right now...

Squats ss w/ Quad. extensions - did a few quick sets for warmup..

10@135 ss w/ 20@150
10@135 ss w/ 20@150
10@135 ss w/ 20@150

Hamstring Curls

20@105
14@115
12@135
8@145

Stff-Legged Deadlifts

20@135
13@135
10@135

Standing Single-leg Ham. Curls

12ea@45
12ea@45
10ea@45

Skullkrusher ss w/ Close-grip Bench Press - Using an EZ Curl bar

15@115 ss w/ 20@115
12@115 ss w/ 12@115
12@115 ss w/ 15@115

Upright Dips - Just using bodyweight.

12@BW
12@BW
10@BW

Tricep Pressdowns

20@180
18@200
12@220

Cardio

None - it was too late - oh well...I having practice at 6:30 tomorrow morning so I'll get a good skate in with the kids!

Energy Level: The energy level was as good as it could be. 10/10, I'm not sure what it was but I just didn't have it in my hams today (maybe I haven't been focusing on them as much as I need to) regardless, the energy was there so I could put the required work in and that's all I could ask for.

Workout Rating: A- on today's workout, due to just not having "it" on my hamstring lifts. Maybe I shouldn't have done so much for warmup but live and learn right. Other than that I got some really good blood flow going and my pump in both my hams and tri's was pretty awesome.

Post-Workout Musings: Again, the intensity was there I'm just a little disappointed in a couple lifts. Maybe it was too much warmup, I know for sure that I did too much on the first stiff-legged set as after that I had a slight twinge in my back and my hams were burning (not a good burn though), triceps were good - even took a couple half-a$$ed pics when we got home, I'm not very happy with them but we all have to start somewhere, right?

Diet

3 - 8 oz Chicken breast, 1/2 cup vegtables, 1/2 cup cooked Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles

4 - Same as 2

WORKOUT

6 - Same as 2 and 4

Water intake: 6 litres today.

Not so impressive - but a base to work from...

~DD~ liked this one, she thought it made my arm look hyooge!!!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
your arms are HUGE! keep up the good work. Wish My arms would start growing agian, but they hit a plateau and are starting to grow agian (very very slowly)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
NICE! I love the log so far. And you have impressive arms!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
your arms are HUGE! keep up the good work. Wish My arms would start growing agian, but they hit a plateau and are starting to grow agian (very very slowly)
NICE! I love the log so far. And you have impressive arms!
Thanks guys....I really think it's just the angle or the reflection that's making it look so big...at their largest (full bulk) they've been around 19 inches..... right now about 18.5ish...I'll be doing some measurements this weekend to go along with the picks.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys....I really think it's just the angle or the reflection that's making it look so big...at their largest (full bulk) they've been around 19 inches..... right now about 18.5ish...I'll be doing some measurements this weekend to go along with the picks.
It's not so bad, I haven't reached the 16 yet lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I was gonna say any size that doesn't fit into the cuff of the blood pressure machine at stores is a bigass arm

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah, I was gonna say any size that doesn't fit into the cuff of the blood pressure machine at stores is a bigass arm
you know those are only designed for a max of 13.5 inch arms? :toofunny:

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
you know those are only designed for a max of 13.5 inch arms? :toofunny:
LOL...My GF and I always try those...she has no problem, I end up with cuff inflating around my elbow region...I tried wedging myself into one once before and she had to help pull my out 'cause I was stuck...it was kind of an odd moment when people were watching her pull me out of a blood pressure machine at Walmart....LOL!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
It was a bit of a forced day off yesterday as ~DD~'s aunt from out west came to visit us (in town for a convention) by the time we were done visiting with her, the gym was already closed (closes early on Friday nights... :( ....totally lame!), anyway I'm just moving my back & calf workout to today, of course that'll be after studying anatomy for most of the day. I can't wait though, my last back workout was awesome and I really want to continue that trend, developing as much thickness in my back as possible at this point!! :whiner:

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
LOL....While sitting here reviewing my anatomy text...I just realized that I have a hole in the armpit of the shirt I'm wearing...and some small "washing machine" holes on the back by the waist hem. The funniest thing is that I just checked my workout shirt for later and it also has a hole in the pit and is kinda tattered around the neck.....Man, I really need some new workout gear...olde popeye's shirts just ain't cutting it anymore....LOL!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #5 - Back and Calves

So this would conclude my first week of Pre-Log Workouts...however, I'm going to keep these up until the X-Factor gets here and this *really* gets going as it will still show if progress is made/where it's made/and what overall effect these products have on me....anyway, today was back and calves and I'm absolutely wiped out right now.... :)

Deadlifts :dl:

10@135
10@225
10@315
8@365
8@415

Wide-Grip Pullups - I really need to lose some weight quickly because these are so damn hard when I'm heavy... :)

10@bodyweight
10@BW
10@BW

V-Grip Pulldowns - full stack

10@240
10@240
8@240

V-Grip Cable Rows - full stack

20@245
20@245
20@245

DB Rows - I've been using a slightly different motion on these, basically supinating at the peak of the concentric phase of the lift and returning to a "hammer-style" grip at the bottom of the eccentric phase.

15ea@60
20ea@60 - regular DB Row
10ea@60

Sled Calf Press (2 leg)

20@400
30@400
20@400

Sled Calf Press (1 leg)

12@180
10@200
10@220

Cardio

35 minutes on the reincumbant bike on the random hills setting at level 5 - could only get on this machine as the cardio peeps were in full effect tonight, some of them are students the rest are older adults - but I've never seen a single one of them touch a weight, just all cardio.

Energy Level: Energy was a bit low due to sitting in a library all day studying, it's a good thing that I brought my ragnarok along with me, gave me enough energy to get into my deads, then the deads got my body going enough to complete the workout. Rating 6.5/10

Workout Rating: B+, that's it, not my greatest lifts but okay, not my most energetic workout but half decent, I figure that with a little more rest this easily could've been better!!

Post-Workout Musings: Today, I definitely noticed the fact that I was sitting in front of a computer all day studying. I mean I do that at work all day but I can really zone out, listen to the radio, get up and walk around, etc. It's totally different when you're concentrating so much on something then trying to just shut it off and change paces. I guess I was more mentally tired today than anything else, for me training is at least 80% mental, as the body will only do what the mind tells it.

Diet - wasn't really spot on today as I was in the library and was a little too lazy this morning to make all my food.

3 - Protein Bar

4 - Same as 2

WORKOUT

6 - Stopped by Quizno's and got a 12" Prime Rib sub w/ Sauteed onions on it. It was absolutely fantastic!!!

Water intake: 6.5 litres today.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Not much going on today....I'm at the school again studying but I'll be taking a bit of a break to watch the Riders play this afternoon ( for all you non CFL fans that's the Saskatchewan Roughriders ), then I'll be back here at school for a bit before hitting up the gym again later tonight.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #6 - Shoulders....and be quick about it!

It felt like a long time coming but I finally got into the gym this evening around 8, however, it was closing at 9 so I had to make every rep of every set count and get in and out quickly. (insert any one of a million jokes here...)

Power Cleans and Presses - did these a bit different this time as I did all the cleans at each weight followed in a superset by all the presses, rather than incorporating both into one movement.

10@95/10@95
10@115/10@115
10@135/10@135
10@155/10@155

Lateral Raise

10@45's
15@40's
20@35's

Seated DB Press - :( my gym only goes up to 60lbs on DB's...

12@60's
11@60's
12@60's

Bent Over Raise

10@45's
15@40's
20@35's

Barbell Shrugs

12@315
10@315
10@315

Frog Crunches

20 reps
23 reps
21 reps

***NOTE: at this point only 30 minutes had elapsed...so basically I did all my weights and some quick abs in exactly 30 mins.***

Cardio

35 minutes on the reincumbant bike on the random hills setting at level 5 (AGAIN!) - For some reason the cardio junkies were in full force again tonight, I don't understand why but the gym was actually busy on a Sunday night - everyone must have felt guilty about their weekend!?!?

Energy Level: Surprisingly good tonight (NOTE: Ragnarok with Cordygen5 is a great combo) I had all the energy I needed to get through this workout quickly, it may have been from the rest I took for a couple hours to watch football, regardless it was really good 9/10.

Workout Rating: A+, not so much for the weights lifted as they were not all that great, but for the pump I got, the feeling in my delts, etc...it just felt like an awesome workout. Fitting all that in to a short amount of time really forced me to push it and I'm feeling great!

Post-Workout Musings: Although I was a little aprehensive about today as I was spending the whole day studying again, it actually turned out totally fine, I had the energy I wanted, was able to apply the intensity I needed and came out with a spot-on workout to start my week. I couldn't ask for anything more!

Diet -

1 - 1 cup of cooked oatmeal w/splenda & cinnamon, 1 cup yogurt.

3 - Chicken breast, 2 oz spinach/tomato pasta

4 - Same as 2

WORKOUT

6 - 4 Meatballs (8oz beef), broccolli salad. - I made my ground beef into meatballs, using some dry oatmeal and an egg to stick it all together, just felt like a little change.

Water intake: Kinda low, maybe 5 litres plus whatever I drank during my workout so I guess probably closer to 6.5 litres.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Just 60 lbs on DB's ???? Darn that sucks! Log looks good btw!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Just 60 lbs on DB's ???? Darn that sucks! Log looks good btw!
Yeah...it's pretty lame - just have to do more reps I guess, but really I have to just suck it up until I get my taxable spending account replenished, then I can look at getting back into a REAL gym!!!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #7 - Quads and Calves

So here's another leg workout....the team I coach had a game tonight so I wasn't able to workout until after that was over....in the end I got to the gym around 9pm and as it closes by 10:30 I ripped off a workout as quick as possible...my legs are really killing me right now!

Squats

10@135
10@185
10@225
10@275
10@315
10@365
10@405

70 reps....didn't realize I did that much!

Leg Extensions ss w/ Standing Calf Press

20@180 ss w/ 20@300
20@195 ss w/ 20@300
20@200 ss w/ 20@300

Leg Press ss w/ Sled Calf Press

20@400 ss w/ 20@400
20@400 ss w/ 20@400
30@300 ss w/ 30@300

Adductor/Abductor Machine - NO IT'S NOT JUST FOR WOMEN ANYMORE!!!

10@60 Adductors ss w/ 10@60 Abductors
10@70 ADD ss w/ 10@70 ABD
10@75 ADD ss w/ 10@75 ABD

Cardio

None - no time tonight!

Energy Level: Energy levels were good today, even after working all day and coaching a game tonight, must have had some coaching adrenaline left over, I got into the gym and had the energy to rock it....man didn't realize how many squats I was actually doing until I got it down on the computer!

Workout Rating: A- tonight, can't give myself an A+ until I get back up to that 500lbs barrier and bust through it! Other than that the workout was pretty awesome, pump and blood flow were great, felt the muscles really working hard, especially the vastus medialis, and some soreness/stiffness is already setting in, so I know the workout was good.

Post Workout Musings - Sh*t, I can't believe how many reps of squats I did, I wasn't even keeping track....and I can't believe I did the rest of my workout as well?!? I guess it just shows me that even when I think I'm going damn hard, that I can go even harder! I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind for the rest of my workouts....just keep pushing through the barriers because they're all just in my head.

Diet

4 - Same as 2

5 - Meatballs (8 oz of beef), 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded broccolli salad.

WORKOUT

6 - Same as 2 and 4.

Water intake: 5.5 litres

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Just about to head to the gym to get a chest and bi's workout in....man, I am tired of studying all the F'in time!!! I also received my 2 tubs of watermelon xtend today, so...bang a gong, get it on!!! Lemon xtend should be here in just under 2 weeks, everything else is just waiting for Mr. X-Factor to arrive....he's just being fashionably late at the moment. All hell is about to bust loose!!!

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Just about to head to the gym to get a chest and bi's workout in....man, I am tired of studying all the F'in time!!! I also received my 2 tubs of watermelon xtend today, so...bang a gong, get it on!!! Lemon xtend should be here in just under 2 weeks, everything else is just waiting for Mr. X-Factor to arrive....he's just being fashionably late at the moment. All hell is about to bust loose!!!
still waiting on mine too brutha....

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #8 - Chest & Bi's

I was just too tired last night to throw up this post so I'm doing it this morning. Overall the workout was pretty good, but the build up of hockey games, practices, work, studying, and the gym, totally wiped me out last night.

Incline Bench Press

10@135
10@185
10@225
10@245
10@275

Bench Press

10@135
10@185
10@225
10@275
8@315

DB Bench Flyes

12@50's
12@50's
10@50's

Barbell Curls

20@45
10@65
10@85
8@105
12@85
12@65

DB Curls

10ea@45
10ea@50
10ea@50 - Hammers
10ea@60 - Hammers

Cardio

None - had practice right after work so I made sure that I skated hard with the kids.

Energy Level: Decent, but not great. As I said above, all the running around I've been doing lately really saps me at times. It's odd because there's no real warning, it's just one of those things that hits you out of nowhere. 6.5/10

Workout Rating: B+, I wanted to get some better lifts on chest but it just wasn't happening, I didn't really time my rests so I'm not sure how long I was taking in-between sets, and there was no-one at the gym who I would trust spotting me so I didn't want to push it too far without someone to "back me up".

Post-Workout Musings: Today is a day off and man do I need it. I'll probably end up at the school studying for most of the night but I just need the physical rest of not working out or hitting the ice for a day. I think that I might up my xtend dosage to provide me with so extra "get-up-and-go" for my workouts and my cardio from now on, as the lower calorie "cutting" is leaving me a little wiped with all that I've been doing lately.

Diet

3 - 8 oz Chicken breast, 1 cup of shredded broccolli salad, 1/2 cup cooked Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles

4 - Same as 2

5 - 8oz of Beef Meatballs, 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded broccolli salad.

WORKOUT

6 - Due to the lateness of this meal I just had a shake again - really have to start getting those egg whites in!

Water intake: 7.0 litres today

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Post-Workout Musings: Today is a day off and man do I need it. I'll probably end up at the school studying for most of the night but I just need the physical rest of not working out or hitting the ice for a day. I think that I might up my xtend dosage to provide me with so extra "get-up-and-go" for my workouts and my cardio from now on, as the lower calorie "cutting" is leaving me a little wiped with all that I've been doing lately.
SCREW THIS!!! I'm bored of studying :frustrate ....I'm going to go do some cardio in 15 minutes!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to my X-Factor/Mass FX log. I was chosen for this sponsored log over on BB.com but thought that since some of the other people chosen for these stacks were chosen from this forum that it would be a good idea to start a log on AM as well so we can all compare and keep track of each other.

SO today is the start of my X-Factor/Mass FX log. All the product has not reached me yet but I like to get a jump on these things and post a couple workouts with my thoughts on them before I start the products, just so some comparisons can be drawn within this log.

I'm not going to go too much into depth about myself right now, but here's a little information anyway:

Height: 5'11
Weight: 258 - and dropping!
Bodytype: Meso with some endo tendancies
Bodybuilding for 3 years (lifting for almost 10), competing in 2005 and 2006, next competition will probably be in 2008

Current Training Schedule: (regular schedule)
Sun - Shoulders,
Mon - Quads, Calves
Tues - Chest, Bi's
Wed - OFF
Thurs - Hams, Calves
Fri - Back, Tri's
Sat - OFF

Abs will mixed in on various days, they may be worked up to 4 or 5 times a week, but 2 days per week is the minimum.

Cardio Schedule: Between 3-5 times per week depending on how I'm feeling.
Post Workout - 30 minutes on stepper, treadmill, or crosstrainer. I sometimes go walking/jogging in the mornings but as it's getting colder up here most cardio will be in the gym.

NOTE: I coach a local hockey team up here and I am on-ice Tuesday's and Friday's - this will not be considered actual cardio time - it's just a little extra exercise/calorie burning.

Supplements for this log:
Molecular Nutrition's - X-Factor
Anabolic Xtreme's - Mass FX
Millennium Sport Technologies - Ragnarok
Scivation's - Xtend
Bio X's - Power Whey Protein

The current diet:

2 - Protein shake (2 scoops)

3 - 8 -10 oz Chicken breast, 1 cup vegtables, Spinach/Tomato/egg white noodles

4 - repeat 2

Pre-workout:
Ragnarok

Intra-workout:
Xtend

Post-Workout:
Protein Shake (2 scoops)

5 - 8-10oz Beef or chicken breast, salad with balsamic vinigrette.

6 - 2 scoops protein or Scrambled egg whites.

Current Daily water intake: 4-6 litres

Basically, I'm looking at logging my thought and my workouts while on X-Factor(XF) and Mass FX (MFX) to see if they can help me maintain or even increase my strength and lean muscle mass while I continue pursuing my goal of getting down to 220 (shredded). As in all my logs feel free to express opinion, suggestions, or even provide constructive criticisms.

Steve

Sorry I'm just bored,

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
1 hour of Cardio - split between:

30 minutes on the treadmill, level 5 incline at 3.9 mph
*and*
30 minutes on the reincumbant bike, random hill setting on level 5.

Had a serving of ragnarok pre-cardio and then sipped on xtend during the cardio and finished the last 3rd of it post-cardio.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Pre-Log Workout #9 - Back and Cardio

Adding on to what I did last night I started my workout tonight with 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, all together my day was rather un-eventful so I was looking forward to having a really good workout.

Cardio

30 minutes on the treadmill, level 5 incline at 3.9 mph.

Deadlifts

10@135
10@225
10@315
8@415

Hammer-Grip Pullups - I'll be rotating grips on these every couple weeks to make sure I'm hitting as many angles as possible.

10@bodyweight
10@BW
10@BW

Wide-Grip Pulldowns - See above...

10@210
10@225
10@240

V-Grip Cable Rows - full stack

20@245
20@245
20@245

Supinating DB Rows

20ea@60
20ea@60
20ea@60

Energy Level: Decent energy thoughtout, nothing off the charts but it was solid, the cardio wiped my out quite abit (I guess that's why I never do it pre-workout) but I was still able to get a pretty good workout in. 8/10

Workout Rating: B, simply due to the fact that cardio wiped me out abit more than I was expecting prior to doing weights, so the actual lifts weren't quite where I would have liked to have seen them.

Post-Workout Musings: It was different doing cardio first, I know ~DD~ likes to do it like that but I don't think it's for me. Most of the time cardio is an afterthought it's the weights that get the most of my energy. And I think I'll keep it that way, or at least do cardio in the mornings or at another point that allows me enough time to recover fully for my weights.

Diet

3 - 8 oz Beef w/ spinach and tomato noodles.

4 - Same as 2

WORKOUT

5 - 4 scrambled egg whites, w/ splenda & cinnamon

Water intake: I didn't keep track but I estimate it to be around 6L.