BiO's NeoVar and DRIVE Log (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

BiO's NeoVar and DRIVE Log (sponsored)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    For most of last night I felt pumped as helll. At the moment I am fuller but not terribly pumped..but then all I have done is sit at the computer.
    Awesome!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Today's an off day but I'll post impressions anyways.

Sleep: Been sleeping really hard since the addition of DRIVE...but that may be due to my renewed "enthusiasm" in the gym..ie hittin it hard.

Recovery: Definitely..without a doubt recovering better than before the NeoVar/Drive stack began. I am a slow recovery type o guy but I feel like I could go back to the 4 day split I used to do 10 years ago..or during a PH cycle.

Shoulders and traps are the most noticeably pumped. This is generally what I see on a cycle. Starting to see some quad seperation.

Mental State: I have bouts of aggressive mentality but nothing unpleasant or out-of-hand. On the whole, in a good mood and mellow. Forselean treats me well in the depression department...it's been used for depression in India for centuries. Icariin is likely helping this as well.

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Decided to add one RPM cap today at around 1030 am. Still wired up pretty good. Have moments where I feel incredibly warm. Muscles seem to have gotten tighter since dosing.

Hope I can sleep tonight. lol

•   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Are you still at 10 caps for the neovar?
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yep..10 NeoVars, 4 Drives on non wo days and 5 on wo days. RPM I save for earlier wo's or mountain climbing. I tend to lift at night so caffiene is a no-go.

I think 10 NeoVars is my limit for the moment..intestines got a little cranky. Also letting my Forselean tolerance build up before dosing higher on Drive.

Today is "Climb the 9,000 foot extinct volcano with 40 pounds on my back Day."

I'm only semi-looking forward to it.

6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Yep..10 NeoVars, 4 Drives on non wo days and 5 on wo days. RPM I save for earlier wo's or mountain climbing. I tend to lift at night so caffiene is a no-go.

I think 10 NeoVars is my limit for the moment..intestines got a little cranky. Also letting my Forselean tolerance build up before dosing higher on Drive.

Today is "Climb the 9,000 foot extinct volcano with 40 pounds on my back Day."

I'm only semi-looking forward to it.
    Wait till you get to 12..even better. Im at 6 drive a day now and its insane. Good luck with your climb. I bet youll sleep nice tonight.

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

The Climb.

Yesterday, after assorted errands and moderating this pack of apes, I finally got out to do my climb.

I live on the slopes of Mount Elden..an dead volcano that rises 2200' to a an elevation of around 8200 above sea level. Starting at 7,000 and going to the top in 2.2 miles yields an elevation gain of over 1000 vertical feet per mile. In other words..pretty steep.

The trail is obviously steep but what makes it extra challenging are all the water breaks that cause you to break pace and step up.

Being that I wasn't overly motivated, my 40 pound pack mysteriously lost weight and was reduced to a 25 pound pack prior to starting out. I am glad I made this decision.

The Elden Lookout trailhead is approximately 1.3 miles from my house making the entire roundtrip an even 7 miles..90% in challenging terrain. This replicates conditions on most of the steeper Grand Canyon trails and thus, it will be my training route from now until Nov 8th.

So enough background. Dosed 5 NeoVar, 3 DRIVE and 1 RPM before heading out.

Right off the bat I could tell cardio was easier/more efficient. Likely due to the vasodialatory effects of the Icariin and cAMP boost. Caffiene always helps to lower perception of exertion as well.

All in all..this makes it PERFECT for high exertion/high endurance cardio situations like mountain climbing.

Despite not having done steep outdoor climbs in a year or so, this climb was not bad..not bad at all. Was able to keep a steady pace on all but the steepest inclines and when I did stop to rest, recovery time..ie time to pulse and breath normalizing..was a fraction of what it normally is for me. I've climbed a lot of hills..I know how much wind I suck and for how long..lol.

Aside from running out of water 1/4 of the way up..it was a grueling but pleasant grind up the mountain. Made the 3.5 mile trek up in 3 hours..45 minutes were lost to admiring scenery and missing one trail turn off. Time down was 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Today I feel remarkably OK..ie not dragging like I thought I would. Body is sore..but I'm not too tired.

8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like an awesome time. Id like to try something like that.

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

A'ight.

Two more rounds of wieghted uphill cardio training..or hiking as some people like to call it for short.

First hike: 10/14/07 Elevation 6900 to 7300'. 3.5 miles round trip. Same route as last hike only shorter because I took my wife and hauled my 20 pound baby on my back.

Kinda hurtin on this hike due to all the weight being at the top of the pack..ie baby backpack..so it took some getting used to.

Hike 2: 10/15/07. 7 miles round trip. Dropped from 6500' to 4900" in 3.5 miles, snorkeled a pleasant little creek and hiked back out with 25 pounds of soggy gear.

Tooke 3 Drive and 5 NeoVar prior to each hike. First hike was nothing too special..didn't feel the love, hard to sustain a decent pace with wife and baby in tow and lots of people on trail.

Second hike...the DRIVE is kickin in baby! Despite this being the third hike in 5 days, I flew up the trail with zero difficulty. The trail in question was fairly steep though smoother than most with no water breaks. Dosed 3 DRIVE before descending and 3 more before ascending and it was amazing. Hardly lost my breath, very little burn and cardio-pulminary efficiency felt awesome.

Fairly tired today but that's understandable.

Endurance: GREAT
    Strength: harder to gauge but no issues hopping up boulders
    Libido: coming back after stopping the ATD on Friday.
    Focus: Great..am able to zone in to my cardio endeavors with ease
    Pumps: not much going on here except for calves.
    Aggression: Excellent. feel like I can tear up the trail and not be daunted by staring up at top of climb.

Today or tonight I will try to get a chest/tri wo in and report back.

10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

A'ight.

Two more rounds of wieghted uphill cardio training..or hiking as some people like to call it for short.

First hike: 10/14/07 Elevation 6900 to 7300'. 3.5 miles round trip. Same route as last hike only shorter because I took my wife and hauled my 20 pound baby on my back.

Kinda hurtin on this hike due to all the weight being at the top of the pack..ie baby backpack..so it took some getting used to.

Hike 2: 10/15/07. 7 miles round trip. Dropped from 6500' to 4900" in 3.5 miles, snorkeled a pleasant little creek and hiked back out with 25 pounds of soggy gear.

Tooke 3 Drive and 5 NeoVar prior to each hike. First hike was nothing too special..didn't feel the love, hard to sustain a decent pace with wife and baby in tow and lots of people on trail.

Second hike...the DRIVE is kickin in baby! Despite this being the third hike in 5 days, I flew up the trail with zero difficulty. The trail in question was fairly steep though smoother than most with no water breaks. Dosed 3 DRIVE before descending and 3 more before ascending and it was amazing. Hardly lost my breath, very little burn and cardio-pulminary efficiency felt awesome.

Fairly tired today but that's understandable.

Endurance: GREAT
    Strength: harder to gauge but no issues hopping up boulders
    Libido: coming back after stopping the ATD on Friday.
    Focus: Great..am able to zone in to my cardio endeavors with ease
    Pumps: not much going on here except for calves.
    Aggression: Excellent. feel like I can tear up the trail and not be daunted by staring up at top of climb.

Today or tonight I will try to get a chest/tri wo in and report back.
    That is some crazy stuff- we flew over the G.C. on the way to Vegas- simply amazing!!
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

It's probably the best place I know to find yourself humiliated if you "thought" you were in good shape. lol

The Canyon is what woke me up and began my journey towards fitness. She kicked my arse back in 1994 and we've had a love-hate relationship ever since. Sure, she tries to kill me every so often but harsh environments, like the iron*, never lie.

*ala Henry Rollins

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Corny last post. lol

Decided to do an upper body routine yesterday morning since I haven't been able to be consistent enough on my 3 day split.

Took 5 NeoVar and 4 Drive preworkout with 60 gams of oats and 50 grams protein.

DB Flat Press

65 x 12
    70 x 9
    70 x 6
    70 x 3

Not feeling the love on this one...felt not totally warmed up yet. Did not attempt to max out this time.

HammerStrength Iso Wide Press

160 x 10
    180 x 9
    200 x 8
    220 x 5

Tri Pushdowns

145 x 10
    160 x 8
    170 x 8
    175 x 6

Overhead Bar Pulldowns (keeping arms straight)

165 x 10
    170 x 10
    175 x 8

Bent Over Cable Rows

145 x 10
    165 x 10
    175 x 8
    180 x 3

Aggression: Excellent..too good as I was kinda pissy all day.
    Focus: Excellent
    Strength: not as good as last workout but lack of time threw my eating schedule off..makes a huge difference.
    Endurance: Excellent. Feel compelled to do even more than 4 sets..but I refrain.
    Pumps: not much this time but I have been cycling carbs up and down...this wo was on the low side. Also suffering from lack of sleep.

Overall Impressions: Another great though somewhat rushed workout. Started off slow but as I got warmed up it felt like the DRIVE started doing it's thing.

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Should also add that weight is still around 178 or so..but seem to be recomping slowly. Abs are becoming a little more visible as are seperations in shoulders.

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

OK, quick update before heading back out to the field.

Been taking DRIVE every day while working on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon at elevations between 6200' and 9000'. Endurance has been absolutely terrific and I am not sucking wind like I normally do at that elevation and terrain. It's truly a blessing as this type of work normally kicks my butt..but I am feeling great despite only having 36 hours of layover before going out again.

Libido continues to improve and be repaired from lengthy ATD use. Unfortunatly..no one to use it on. lol

Fatloss is becoming quite noticable over the last week due to DRIVE, a cut in carbs and the constant walking I do all day up in them thar hills. Abs starting to show through though unfortunately, I am losing some LBM due to not lifting and all the extra cardio. I'll hit the gym hard in a few weeks after work and trips simmer down for the season.

Focus and aggression..able to focus on work well but nothing to get aggressive over out in the middle of nowhere by myself. Except the wind...I hate the wind.

I have been using 5 caps of NeoVar at the end of every work day to recharge my ATP supplies and this seems to be helping a lot actually. One tends to get run down doing this sort of work for 7 days at a time and sleeping in the back of one's truck but again, the DRIVE and NeoVar combo really seem to be keeping me on my feet.

Almost out of NeoVar though and on last bottle of Drive.

Have a great week everyone. I'll be out till Friday.

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

OK, out in the field off and on for the last month with ZERO lifting and below maintenance cals has brought me down to 175. Have been using DRIVE at 4-6 caps daily. RPM I only use sporadically. NeoVar has run out.

Surprisingly, I don't think I have lost much muscle at all during this time and I attribute that to the DRIVE. The SARM-like properties of the Icariin coupled with the test boost from the forskohlin and dodder likely preserved much of my muscle despite some pretty catabolic conditions.

It would be interesting to see some logs using DRIVE on a cut.

Did my first WO yesterday in over 1.5 months. It brought the noise and pain, omg.

Shoulders/Back/Bi's went very well despite major protestation from my muscles. Felt like muscle fibers were splitting during deadlifts, yet oddly I retained most if not all strength on this key excercise. Pulled 460 on the HammerStrength Shrug/Dead machine which is my norm. Felt I could have gone higher but opted not to push it.

Same reliable pump from DRIVE, same great focus and intensity from the RPM. After not having a pump for a month, I looked like a different person at the end of the WO..which felt very good.

So, final impressions...

DRIVE: A solid 9/10 for me.

Strength: 7/10 which is great for herbal product
    Endurance: 9/10 fantastic and more noticable in cardio/endurance
    Pumps/Vascularity: 10/10 muscles stay full all the time
    Recomp effects: 9/10 keeps me looking solid even without a solid effort on my part. Anything that can keep muscle on me all through grueling field work is a HUGE deal to me.

RPM: 10 out of 10

My favorite preworkout stim by far. Love it.

NeoVar: 7/10

Delivers a little more than the average creatine product..which is actually saying a lot. I'm not a huge fan of creatine though I recognize it's place and understand it's limitation quite well. NV seems to be able to deliver consistency with it's CEE formulation that I haven't experienced before. Effects are subtle..but they are there and they keep going unlike plain CEE. Normally, for me at least, CEE works well for a week or two then fizzles but NV keeps the pump and recovery going longer. How long? Well, at least one bottle's worth-long.

Special thanks to Applied Nutracueticals for supplying me with these products. Dirk has been especially generous in this regard and deserves props for his mastery in formulating Drive and RPM as well as taking suggestions from little old me seriously.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My APS Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph log (Sponsored)
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
  2. FEEL THE POWER CRE-02 AND CARNAGE LOG! (sPoNsOred)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 300
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
  3. Driver's Education 101 A Sponsored X-Factor and Drive Log
    By Cellardude in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 02:14 PM