Neovar log (sponsored)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
*I have no ties to Applied Nutriceuticals, they just provided me a month of neovar in return for a log. I hope to give a good and honest review of this product.

My 1 month goals:
overhead squat, 10 rep: 85 (+20 pounds)
1RM bench: 250 (+25 pounds)
Body fat: drop 1%

overall goal: recomp and get strong.

Current stats:
(what I will use to gauge effectiveness)

DL max: --------315
BF:------------- 14.5
weight: ---------180lbs
right arm:--------14.75"
waist (at navel): -35.5"
Bench 1RM-------225
mil press 2RM----135
Rack pull 3RM --- 275

Log details:

I am hoping to get some sort of comparison between neovar and kreacepsXS. I ran a 2 month log that I just completed using RPM, kreaceps, and incarnate. I will keep everything besides the creatines as similar as possible. Swell is going to be my source for BA instead of incarnate, and I am using bulk super cissus.

so my log has changed in this fashion:
rpm/kreaceps/incarnate/cordygen5--->
rpm/neovar/swell/cordeygen5

Standard supplement dosing:
AM:
swell first thing
1 cordygen5
protein shake (w/ 1cup oats, miracle greens, blueberries, milk, cinnamon)
4 neovar
cissus

lunch:
fish oil
sesamin
giant resveratrol

pre-workout:
3-4 RPM
2 cordygen5
swell

post workout:
4 neovar
protein shake with 1 cup oats and a small amount of fruit and milk

dinner:
giant resveratrol
fish oil
sesamin
adam MV

sleep time:
poseidon
cissus

My workout

Monday:
1) Military press variation (pick one and stick with it a while, usually work up to something heavy for a single, but can do rep work if you're feeling beat up, do not "max" out on this day, try to always leave 10lbs in the tank)
a) Standing military press
b) Seated military press
c) Seated military press off pins in the squat rack (singles only)
2) DB flat bench for reps (2-3 sets, keep it very easy, just getting in volume)
3) Lat exercise, your choice
4) Lat exercise, your choice
5) Something for upper back -rear delts in particular (bent over raises, reverse pec dec, etc)

Tuesday:
1) Main movement (pick one, and work up to heavy single, double or triple)
a) Squat (wide, narrow, low, high)
b) Deadlift (sumo, conventional, rack pulls)
c) Goodmorning
2) Accessory work, rep range 3-20
a) squat
b) leg press
c) lunges/etc.
3) Low back
a) Pull throughs
b) hyperextensions
4) Abs (I prefer rope pull down abs on this day to unload the back)

Wednesday: Off

Thursday:
1) Bench, max effort, pick 1, work up to heavy single double or triple:
a) 3 second pause bench (competition grip or pinky on the ring, these you ALWAYS just do singles with)
b) Heavy triples
c) Close grip (pinky on rings)
d) Competition grip (index finger on the ring)
e) Any of the above with mini bands attached***
2) Board work if possible (1-2 board, rep range from 1-5 reps), if not, incline or decline for reps (3-20)
3) If doing board work, then do incline or decline, if not doing board work, pushdowns or skull crushers for higher reps.

Friday:
1) Shrugs
2) Biceps
3) Grip/forearms
4) Upper back
5) Abs

Friday is fun, do what you want. NEVER fail on a secondary exercise; always leave just a little in the tank. If you fail on the first exercise, make sure it's for no other reason than the weight was just too heavy that particular day! If you are a crack head and worry that you're not getting enough volume, you can either up the reps on the secondary exercises, *OR* after you max out on exercise #1, drop back down to about 90% and do a few reps there, again, DO NOT HIT FAILURE.

Personal background:
cliff notes: I was once a dedicated BB'er and athlete, and have been sedentary for about 4 years. I started getting off my ass again about 5 months ago.

So I'm no stranger to the gym, but my body had forgotten a lot of what it used to know. Also I have changed my routine and eating habits a lot from what I used to do back then. Before it was all isolation movements and body builder splits, now it is a lot of compounds and low reps, and now I'm not scared to eat to support the muscle growth.

expectations:
Not very high, I am skeptical of CEE, but excited to give it a try for the first time with an open mind.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
very nice log. good luck! Ill be here to check in from time to time as I too am very skeptical of CEE.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1, saturday

Took my standard dosing. Woke up a little rough from the night before, and had to work 9-5 in my second job (I watch a store for some friends when they need it on saturdays). Went to the gym afterwards for a bench day. Nothing to note about the workout, but afterwards I noticed a fairly intense feeling of being heavily stimd after taking my post workout neovar. Guessing this was just the RPM kicking in different from before

workout:

Flat BB bench
last BB day ---- today
8 x 135 --- 8 x 135
5x185 ---
3x195 --- 5x 195
3x200 ---
3 x205 --- 3 x 205
2 x 210 --- 3 x 210
2 x 215 --- 3x 215
----------- 2x 220

(saw some decent gains on flat bench)

decline bench
(previous wo)--today
10 x 135 ----- 12x 135
8 x 155 ------ 8 x 155
7 x 175 ------- 8 x145

skull crushers
50 on small (concentration) bar x 9 x 8 x 7

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 (sunday)

non workout day, played in the yard.

I actually noticed the slight shortness of breath again after taking the neovar at night. Going to continue to take note of this, and hope it goes away (it isn't bad enough at this point to worry me).

No other updates.

Thanks for the kind words impreziv and cellardude !

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!

I took 2 RPM this morning as I do sometimes when I'm having a really bad morning, along with neovar, and my morning routine. Holy crap was I hyped up. I don't know whats causing it, but its definitely a stronger stimd feeling than before neovar was added.

Well I said I would post photos, so here they are. I took them this afternoon. I know I'm still soft, and I have lots of work ahead of me, but if you saw the photos from 2-3 months ago you would be very impressed.

If someone wants to take a stab at what my "real" bf% is, that would be nice.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
9/17 DAY 3

my pics scared everyone off :think: :sad:

I was exhausted after work, but made it to the gym after 3 RPM and felt really good while I was there. In fact I felt like I could have stayed there all night. Best I have felt in a long while.

Seated MIL PRESS

9/04------today
95 x 6---- 95x8
115 x 3---
125 x 3----125x3
130 x 3----130x3
135 x 2---- 135x3
140 x 1---- 140x2

Seated row (wide triangle bar ...trapezoid bar? )

Today
130x9
140x8
150x7

weighted pull ups, wide bent grip

9/4-------today
+10 x 5--- +20 x 4
+10 x 5--- +20 x 3
+10 x 4--- +20 x 3

bent delt raises

9/4------- today
25s x 6 --- 20s x 8
25s x 6 --- 25s x 6
25s x 5 --- 25s x 5

some ab work

I had to leave to pick up some groceries, otherwise I was ready for some cardio....maybe tomorrow.

Impressions:

saw some slight improvement, reps went up in mil press, and form was better on bent delt raises (I felt a lot stronger on these, even though you can't see it in the weight). Endurance was excellent.

updated stats:

weight: 179.5lbs
right arm: 14 13/16
waist: 35.5"

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If someone wants to take a stab at what my "real" bf% is, that would be nice.
16-18%?

hard to tell for sure. What are you taking in carbwise, both with the early neovar + post workout dose?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
16-18%?

hard to tell for sure. What are you taking in carbwise, both with the early neovar + post workout dose?
in the morning, I'm taking it with a shake:

ON whey
1 cup oats
some blueberries
miracle greens
milk

= 50-70 carbs

post workout, usually I have another shake, and then dinner a half hour later. Dinner tonight was some rice and chickpea curry.

adding the oats to the shake is a new thing for me. I'm hesitant to be adding extra carbs to my diet, but I want to give neovar a fair chance.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in the morning, I'm taking it with a shake:

ON whey
1 cup oats
some blueberries
miracle greens
milk

= 50-70 carbs

post workout, usually I have another shake, and then dinner a half hour later. Dinner tonight was some rice and chickpea curry.

adding the oats to the shake is a new thing for me. I'm hesitant to be adding extra carbs to my diet, but I want to give neovar a fair chance.
You may want to try an 8oz glass of 100% fruit juice (I like grapefruit) + a bannana post workout instead of oats. After workout a more simple carb push works nicer. I'd even suggest gatorade for part of it, or white bread/rice.

Chickpea curry eh? That sounds nice, a red curry or yellow? My real favorite is lamb shank red curry.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, tomorrow night I'll use fruit juice instead and see how it works. I have a few jars of apple juice on hand.

Red curry, it was pretty good.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
What are your primary goals? Gaining muscle? Loosing fat? If your looking for muscle with little concern about fat loss, I wouldn't change a thing. If it's fat loss you seek (while retaining muscle of course), you will need to stay away from simple sugars...even post workout.

Post your primary goals and typical diet and I'll be able to give better recommendations.

The log looks great Johnyq! Excellent detail! :thumbsup:

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
As long as I continue recomping, I'm happy. To me that means staying at approximately the same weight as I am now (or losing some, either way).

I may or may not try and cut later this year, but the steady changes I'm seeing to my body have kept me happy.

That is my primary goal, and it is long term.

For this log, my goal is strength, as tested by 1RM bench, and 10RM overhead squat (some endurance required there as well), but I have to be mindful of my main goal of recomping.

I hope that is clear, and thank you for the feedback :)

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
JohnyQ,

SINCERE apologies for taking forever to pop in here!!!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
As long as I continue recomping, I'm happy. To me that means staying at approximately the same weight as I am now (or losing some, either way).

I may or may not try and cut later this year, but the steady changes I'm seeing to my body have kept me happy.

That is my primary goal, and it is long term.

For this log, my goal is strength, as tested by 1RM bench, and 10RM overhead squat (some endurance required there as well), but I have to be mindful of my main goal of recomping.

I hope that is clear, and thank you for the feedback :)
Then avoid simple carbs like the plague and keep your fat intake low and limited to healthy fats...olive oil, flax, fish oil, almonds, etc...

You may also try and avoid carbs at all other meals EXCEPT those when your taking Neovar. Try to NEVER mix a high carb meal with a higher fat meal...it should be either or...not both. I would also suggest trying to take Neovar earlier in the day as to avoid eating your high carb meals in the evening. (try and intake little to no carbs at night)

Based on my experience working with others that have your body type, these recommendations will give you the best results on a recomp. Others may have varying thoughts.

Good luck and keep us posted! I'll be following this log!

Workin

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind as you proceed..... You may not need to ADD extra carbs in...... instead you may be able to alter your Neovar dosing times to fit the carbs you already take in.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I suppose I can track my diet here as well, if you ever have the time, input would be appreciated. I guess thats going to keep my weekends a little more honest :lol:

:pizza:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I suppose I can track my diet here as well, if you ever have the time, input would be appreciated. I guess thats going to keep my weekends a little more honest :lol:

:pizza:
:thumbsup:

Workin

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then avoid simple carbs like the plague and keep your fat intake low and limited to healthy fats...olive oil, flax, fish oil, almonds, etc...

You may also try and avoid carbs at all other meals EXCEPT those when your taking Neovar. Try to NEVER mix a high carb meal with a higher fat meal...it should be either or...not both. I would also suggest trying to take Neovar earlier in the day as to avoid eating your high carb meals in the evening. (try and intake little to no carbs at night)

Based on my experience working with others that have your body type, these recommendations will give you the best results on a recomp. Others may have varying thoughts.

Workin
That is basically the perfect recomp / cut diet. :thumbsup:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Workin
Ya know, i have always followed the Pro/carb, or Pro/fat meal principles as well.. But i was reading over the SCIVATION Cut Diet, and Lean Mass Diet, and they reccomend never combining protein/carbs, rather then Fat/Carbs. They reccomend never eating Protein/carbs in a meal without FAT, saying it gives the biggest insulin spike.

Good log so far! Keep up the good work. Should be starting mine Monday!.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Just popping in to say I'm following this one as well

Good luck

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Ya know, i have always followed the Pro/carb, or Pro/fat meal principles as well.. But i was reading over the SCIVATION Cut Diet, and Lean Mass Diet, and they reccomend never combining protein/carbs, rather then Fat/Carbs. They reccomend never eating Protein/carbs in a meal without FAT, saying it gives the biggest insulin spike.

Good log so far! Keep up the good work. Should be starting mine Monday!.
This has been kicked around back and forth for years. If your eating a complex carb mixed with protein your not going to have a big insulin spike...your blood sugar should remain fairly stable. The argument to include fat with carbs, IMHO, is somewhat misunderstood. Will it reduce a spike in insulin? Yes, but so will fiber, protein, and consuming a complex carb VS a simple carb.

By eating ONLY complex carbs with protein, and not adding anything high in fat your still keeping blood sugar stable and allowing your body to burn the carbs for energy. If you had added a fatty food to that, your body would most likely store it as fat. (I'm referring to a high carb meal...like Johnyq will be eating when he takes Neovar)

You have to consider what your body is doing with the food you consume. It's either using it for energy, repairing (building) muscle, storing it as glycogen, etc...or, if it finds no use and stores it as fat...EVEN IF it's glycemicly correct. In other words, even if you eat a meal high in fat and high in carbs that keeps your insulin level 100% stable...you still can, and will, store much of the carbs and fat from that meal as body fat if your body can't use them.

Now, if your talking about a BALANCED meal...not a high carb meal (and this is what I assume Scivation is referring to)...then I tend to agree. A combination of low to moderate complex carbs with low to moderate healthy fats is ideal. This gives your body a balance of macro nutrients but not an overload of calories...meaning it will use both the carbs and fat for energy, etc...leaving none to be stored as body fat. This is assuming you limit the total calories in each meal of course. You still run the risk of storing the meal as body fat if you eat an excess of calories from carbs and fat. (as explained above)

For Johnyq's situation, I would DEFIANTLY NOT mix fatty foods with your high carb meals and keep your carbs complex. That does not mean fat free. Even lean proteins and some complex carbs have some fat in them. (ex. oatmeal has about 2.5 fat grams per 1/2 cup) The goal is to just not add any more than is already in there or any naturally high fat food.

Clear as mud? :think:

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind as you proceed..... You may not need to ADD extra carbs in...... instead you may be able to alter your Neovar dosing times to fit the carbs you already take in.
Tried this after working out. I drank a whey shake, and started making dinner which had some carbs in it. So I took neovar with dinner about a half hour after the shake.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
9/18 Day 4

workout

Deadlift

(7/31) --- today
135x10 --- 135 x 10
205x5 --- 225 x 5
245x3 --- 245 x 3
265x3 --- 265 x 3
270x3 ---
275x3 ---
285x3 --- 285 x 3
295x1 --- 295 x 1

Stayed the same in DL

Leg press + super set calves
290 x 10
290 x 10
290 x 10

Went down on leg presses a little bit, but I'm still being protective of a slightly sore knee.

hyperextensions

+25 x 12 x 3

DIET

9:00 Breakfast :
swell
cordygen5
cissus
shake = ON whey + miracle greens + 1 cup oats + blueberries + 1 c milk + 1 tsp cinnamon
4 neovar
Now Adam

12:00 Lunch:
3oz salmon steak on spinach salad (with croutons, oil vinaigrette, and broccoli sprouts).
sesamin
resveratrol

3:00 snack
1 cheese stick
1 peach, medium to large

5 30: pre workout
3 RPM
2 cordygen5
Swell
1 slice whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter

8:00 post workout

On whey
elastamine
cissus

8:30 Dinner
canned tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread with mustard, brocolli sprouts, spinach, and pepper jack cheese
4 neovar
resveratrol

Pre bed:
1 scoop nimbus pudding (last scoop I have :( )
poseidon
Now adam

Macro splits
------grams---cals---percent total
Total:--------2095
Fat:---78----706 ------35%
Carbs:-185 --613-------31%
Fiber:--32
Protein:-168 --673------34%

That was a lot to type out:head:

Overall feelings:

Felt great at the gym today again, although I tried to do cardio but that is tough on DL day. Weight didn't go up, but it didn't go down either. I haven't been training DLs for basically a month, so I wasn't expecting a lot.

I haven't noticed any more issues with feeling out of breath or heavy heart beats. :head:

Side note:

I've been reading a book called How we die. Extremely good book for inspiring you to do cardio. Also good for understanding what we all must go through one day, I recommend it.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
9/19 Day 5

OFF DAY

Workout:

3 mile jog, felt really good although that was certainly because of the cool weather and huge plate of pasta I had for dinner.:food:

DIET

Same as yesterday, except my wife made some homemade whole wheat pasta served with salmon for dinner.

I took the neovar with dinner and with my shake in the morning.

This morning I had an unscheduled low intensity unfed workout. One of my cars is in the body shop, and the 1983 truck I'm driving in the mean time decided not to start this morning. So I got to walk to work:whip:

Would have been very enjoyable if I wasn't so late. Its only about a mile and a half.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
9/19 Day 5

OFF DAY

Workout:

3 mile jog, felt really good although that was certainly because of the cool weather and huge plate of pasta I had for dinner.:food:

DIET

Same as yesterday, except my wife made some homemade whole wheat pasta served with salmon for dinner.

I took the neovar with dinner and with my shake in the morning.

This morning I had an unscheduled low intensity unfed workout. One of my cars is in the body shop, and the 1983 truck I'm driving in the mean time decided not to start this morning. So I got to walk to work:whip:

Would have been very enjoyable if I wasn't so late. Its only about a mile and a half.
I had that happen when I lived up North years ago...had to walk in the snow to the bus stop, NOT FUN when your late! :run:

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Imagine if you'da had poseidon, you have made that trip in world record time.
lol! True...I think I made it in record time anyway I was so late...But I sure wouldn't have been breathing as hard if I had my Poseidon! :thumbsup:

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
The best part about poseidon is after a hard cardio session, you don't feel light headed or worn out. I always recover incredibly fast.

anyways, on with today...

9/19 Day 5

workout

For some reason I did my "friday" workout today, I can't remember why. Friday is a "fun" day (ie beach muscles), and not something I log all that well, but I'll note significant departures from previous workouts.

BB curls

bar x 8
100 x 5
100 x 4
100 x 4
100 x 3

This is 5 pounds up from previous workouts!

curls on the pulley machine +SS of reverse curls
90 x 10 SS x 4
90 x 8 SS x 4
90 x 8 SS x 4

forearm curls with barbell
55 x 12
55 x 10
55 x 8

the pump on those is insane

Dips
body weight x 12
+20lbs x 8
+20lbs x 8
+20lbs x 8

I'm a lot stronger on dips now, but it has been a while since I did them

ABS
hanging leg raises (3 sets)
leg lifts (2 sets)
crunches (2 sets)

DIET

9:00 Breakfast :
swell
cordygen5
cissus
shake = ON whey + miracle greens + blueberries
Now Adam

12:00 Lunch:
natty peanut butter + natty almond butter + touch of jelly + 2 slices of bread = tasty
4 neovar

3:00 snack
1 cheese stick
1/2 peach, medium to large

5 30: pre workout
3 RPM
2 cordygen5
Swell
1 trail mix bar (kashi)

8:00 post workout

On whey

8:30 Dinner
2 black bean burritos (flour tortilla, black beans, cheese, and jalapenos)
4 neovar
resveratrol

Pre bed:
poseidon
Now adam

Macro splits
best estimate from fitday

--------grams-----cals------%total
Total:------------1669
Fat:-----72-------644--------39%
Carbs:---175------584--------35%
Fiber:---29
Protein: --105 ----420 --------26%

A little low on the protein, I'll finish off some milk or cottage cheese before bed and try to bump it up some.

Overall feelings:

I continue to have a ton of energy in the gym, and just feel like working out. Again, I could have stayed there for a long time...but I have other things I have to get to...like this log:whip:

I also feel like I leaned out a little bit, if I can keep my diet clean through the weekend (I love beer, yes I know...) I think the pictures next week will say the same.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you feel anything specifically attributed to the neovar?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
The best part about poseidon is after a hard cardio session, you don't feel light headed or worn out. I always recover incredibly fast.

anyways, on with today...

I also feel like I leaned out a little bit, if I can keep my diet clean through the weekend (I love beer, yes I know...) I think the pictures next week will say the same.
Great to hear your still loving Poseidon johnyq! Be sure and drink a few servings before bed after your beer fest this weekend...Poseidon is second to none at killing, and preventing, a hangover! :thumbsup:

Great log...as usual!

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel anything specifically attributed to the neovar?
right now I feel like my endurance has gone up, and my energy has sky rocketed. I was upbeat and hopping around on my run last night, it was nothing, and my gym experiences just keep feeling better. But, I've got a long ways to go before I can really make a call on it one way or the other, and I'm really hoping to see some solid strength gains and some leaning out. We will see what happens :)

I'll be benching tomorrow, it will be a good sign if I see some new numbers....

workin, there is NOTHING like poseidon for preventing a hangover or helping you recover strong the next day. It's ridiculous. I think I made a short log that said as much when I first joined up here, and it continues to be true. It really shines in any situation that causes dehydration. I've been taking it religiously since around march, and have no intentions of stopping.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
right now I feel like my endurance has gone up, and my energy has sky rocketed. I was upbeat and hopping around on my run last night, it was nothing, and my gym experiences just keep feeling better. But, I've got a long ways to go before I can really make a call on it one way or the other, and I'm really hoping to see some solid strength gains and some leaning out. We will see what happens :)

workin, there is NOTHING like poseidon for preventing a hangover or helping you recover strong the next day. It's ridiculous. I think I made a short log that said as much when I first joined up here, and it continues to be true. It really shines in any situation that causes dehydration. I've been taking it religiously since around march, and have no intentions of stopping.
Glad to hear it Johnyq...Poseidon really does get better the longer you take it. I find myself wondering how I lived without it! lol!

Good luck with the Neovar...looks like a good supplement and I'll be interested in your results with it!

Workin

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Noticing any change in pumps?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
My forearms were insanely pumped yesterday, thats about it.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
9/21 Day 6

workout

Flat BB bench

last BB day ---- today
8 x 135 ---- 8 x 135
----------- 5 x 185
5x195 ---
3 x205 --- 3 x 205
2 x 210 ---
2 x 215 --- 3x 215
2x 220 ---
----------- 2 x 225
---------- 1 x 235
---------- 1 x 240

+15 pounds in one week :nutkick:

Incline bench

9x 135
8 x 135
6 x135

pull downs
120x 12
130 x 9
130 x 8

treadmill for 10 minutes

Diet
Similar to yesterday. Shake, bean burrittos for lunch, haven't had dinner.

I think I need to eat less cheese, I can't keep letting my cholesterol inch up....

Overall feelings:

Extremely pleased with the gains in bench press! The workout felt great and I was feeling much stronger than usual. My gains haven't dropped at all since my last stack...and I think its safe to say that 15 pounds in 1 week is better than my last stack. Hmmmm...... :D

Stats

weight has never been this constant on me before, I have been 179-180 every day since this log started, and it continues to be true today.

Since I changed the sites I take my caliper readings for the skin fold test (to get it to read closer to my real BF%), I have had trouble getting very consistent results. I'll test it daily and see if I can't get consistent, and then I may have to start from whatever that reading is. I guess thicker folds are harder to pinch with consistency :lol:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
johny, my personal opinion: Screw skinfolds! lol Pictures tell the real story, as long as you can look at them objectively.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Either way, Good log so far man! Let us know if you need anything.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
johny, my personal opinion: Screw skinfolds! lol Pictures tell the real story, as long as you can look at them objectively.
just not nudes ok? when lanbane asks for those, send them via PM

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
9/24 Day 9

The weekend update:
Kept busy with yard work, cleaning, etc. Diet had more pizza than I'd like to admit, and maybe some beer too.I need to work on squeezing in some cardio on the weekends, but I got a decent amount of "exercise" in with just my standard routine. It was a good weekend though.

workout

Seated MIL PRESS

9/17------today
95 x 8----
115x5 ---- 120x5
125 x 3----
130 x 3----130x3
135 x 3---- 135x3
140 x 2---- 140x3
----------- 145x2

Flat DB bench

9/4-----today
80s x 6--- 75sx8
80a x 6--- 75sx8
80s x 5--- 75sx7

overhead squats
65x8
65x10
65x7
65x7

body weight pull ups, flat bar

x11
x8
x7

Elliptical for 10 minutes

dosing
routine.

Had 4 neovar with lunch (mexican casserole ) and 4 with dinner.

3 RPM pre workout.

Overall feelings:

Very pleased with the gains again. Saw 5 pound increase on mil press in 1 week. Everything else seemed to go up slightly as well. This is especially interesting as I was starting to plateau slightly on my last log.

I'm becoming very enthusiastic about neovar, let's hope this continues.

Stats
No change in weight again (179.5).

Arm: 15" (+.25)
waist: 35.5 (+0)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
9/24 Day 9

The weekend update:
Kept busy with yard work, cleaning, etc. Diet had more pizza than I'd like to admit, and maybe some beer too.I need to work on squeezing in some cardio on the weekends, but I got a decent amount of "exercise" in with just my standard routine. It was a good weekend though.

workout

Seated MIL PRESS

9/17------today
95 x 8----
115x5 ---- 120x5
125 x 3----
130 x 3----130x3
135 x 3---- 135x3
140 x 2---- 140x3
----------- 145x2

Flat DB bench

9/4-----today
80s x 6--- 75sx8
80a x 6--- 75sx8
80s x 5--- 75sx7

overhead squats
65x8
65x10
65x7
65x7

body weight pull ups, flat bar

x11
x8
x7

Elliptical for 10 minutes

dosing
routine.

Had 4 neovar with lunch (mexican casserole ) and 4 with dinner.

3 RPM pre workout.

Overall feelings:

Very pleased with the gains again. Saw 5 pound increase on mil press in 1 week. Everything else seemed to go up slightly as well. This is especially interesting as I was starting to plateau slightly on my last log.

I'm becoming very enthusiastic about neovar, let's hope this continues.

Stats
No change in weight again (179.5).

Arm: 15" (+.25)
waist: 35.5 (+0)
Sounds like it may be starting to take effect!

Workin

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
9/25 Day 10

workout

RACK pull

I don't have my last workout, but I know my last 3RM was 275.

8 x 225
5 x 255
5 x 265
5 x 275
5 x 285
3 x 295

Leg press
9/18------- today
290x 10 --- 320 x 9
290x 10 --- 340 x 8
290x 10 --- 340 x 7

hyperextensions