Devil's sponsored neovar log

devil

Awards
Backround: I am 38 and have been training for around 18 years. I am also a lifetime lacto ovo vegetarian. This will be the first creatine product, other than plain old monohydrate,that I have ever tried.

Height:5'11"
Weight: 215.

Goal: To see if this old guy can gain some descent strength, and maybe a bit of size. Gains are increasingly hard to come by at this stage of the game.

Current lifting stats:

Flat bench 315 for ten reps
Shoulder press: 95 lbs dumbells for eight reps
Squat: 365 for 8-10 reps. I could go higher but I fear for my s fragile knees.
Rack pulls ( I tend not to do dead's off the floor because of back issues) 325 for sets of 8-10. I could also go more on these but I am very cautious with my low back. I have had some serious issues in the past.

Current diet:
I eat six times per day. I consume 240 grams of protein per day from whey and eggs. My carb sources are primarily whole wheat bagels and oatmeal. I get fats mostly from flax oil and olive oil. I'm also a big fan of peanuts and cashews. This may sound weird coming from a vegetarian, but I don't eat that many vegtables.

I really never track calories. I just make sure that I consume 240 grams of protein per day. I always eat a bagel or serving of oatmeal with my protein. This NEVER changes. Sometimes I'll add in additional carbs or fats. I take my flax and olive oil at night with my last shake of the day.

Current supplements:

Champion nutrition whey protein
Natures Best Vitamin Pack
Olive oil
flax oil
ephedra

Training schedule:

Monday: Chest and Bi's
Tues: quads and hams
Wed: Off
Thurs: delts and tri's
Fri: back

I usually do three sets of three exercised per body part. This does not include warmups (of which I do many), dropsets, rest pause sets etc. I typically work in the 8-10 rep range for compound movements. I go as high a 15 reps or more on isosolation movements.

I will be taking four caps of Neovar twice per day. I'll take it in the morning with my 40 gram shake and 50 grams of complex carbs (oatmeal). I will also take four caps post workout with 40 gram protein shake and 50 grams of complex carbs (oatmeal or whole wheat bagel). I will also take some additional simple carbs with my post workout meal.

On non workout days I will take a dose in the morning and a dose in the early evening. I actually started yesterday. This will give it some time to build up in my system over the weekend. hopefully this will give my Monday workout a nice boost.

I will start logging my results on Monday after my first workout using Neovar.

This is my first log, so hopefully I didn't leave anything out.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you've got things down pat. The fact that you aren't running any other supplements gives alot of credibility to any gains / losses you might see. I've read alot of conflicting reports about CEE. I sincerely hope you make good gains.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your going to LOVE Neovar bro, and just a little hint, when Drive comes out, the two stack together to create some magic! ;)

devil

Awards
Your going to LOVE Neovar bro, and just a little hint, when Drive comes out, the two stack together to create some magic! ;)
I noticed a pretty significant increase in my appetite over the weekend. I'm guessing this is the result of insulin mimicking properties of Neovar? Anyone else experience this? Anyway I'm anxious to see how training goes today after having it build up in my system since friday. I will update after tonights training session.

devil

Awards
I just completed my training session a little while ago. I did chest and bi's.

Chest:
flat bench
warm up sets: 135 for 10, 185 for 8, 245 for 4.
Set #1: 275 for 8
Set #2: 315 for 10
set #3 315 for 7

Incline bench
Set #1: 120 dumbells for 8
Set #2 120's for 7
Set# 3 120's for six

Flys:
Set#1 55 dumbells for 12
Set#2 55's for 10
set#3 55's for 9

Dips two sets of 20

Bi's
One arm standing DB's

Set#1 40's for 12
Set#2 50's for 10
Set#3 50's for 9

Cambered bar curls

set#1 35's on a side for 12
set#2 35's on a side for 10
set#3 35's on a side for 9

Hammer curls on cable machine w/ rope
set one: 70 lbs for 8
set#2 60lbs for 10
Set#3 60lbs for 8

I finished the workout with a 30 rep set of dips.

So far my strength is about the same. I started taking the neovar on friday so we'll seehow things go as a bit more time goes by. My experience with monohydrate has been a rapid strength improvement in about a week's time. The only noticable effect at this point is an increase in appetite.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Good job so far devil!

random: You ever compete in bodybuilding?

devil

Awards
Good job so far devil!

random: You ever compete in bodybuilding?
I did a few shows years ago with mixed results. I have two little kids and another on the way, so it's not even possible to think about competing at the moment.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya. It's hard to even workout regularly with kids much less eat the way you need to.

My chicken keeps disappearing. lol

devil

Awards
neovar log day #5, workout #2

Quads and hams

Squats:
Warm up sets: empty bar for 20, 135 for 10, 205 for 8, 245 for 4

Set #1 275 for 8

Set#2 345 for 8

Set#3 365 for 8

Hams:

4 sets of romanian deadlifts at 135 lbs for reps of 12,10,10,10

It's a very limited workout. But I have no leg sled,leg curl or hamstring machines. So I make do with what I have and try and make it count.

My knees and back felt old as hell today. Still no noticable change in strength. Although, I still think it's a bit early to expect much of a change. That's all for now. My next training sessionis on Thursday.

Edit:I have not been posting diet specifics because my diet really never deviates from the diet I described in my opening post

devil

Awards
Today is a training day so I will be posting an update sometime this evening. I know that I mentioned that my appetite has increased since I have started taking neovar. However, it's off the charts right now.

devil

Awards
todays training session was shoulders and tri's. It was bit bit of a rough night with the kids last night, so I was more than a little tired going into the workout. I also decided it would be a godd idea to get tattooed over lunch today.

Delts:

Dumbell presses:

warmups: 40's for ten, 55's for 8., 75's 4.

Set#1: 90's for 8

Set#2: 95's for 7

Set#3 95's for 6

Dumbell lateral raises:

Set#1: 30's for 20

Set#2 30's for 15

Set#3: 30's for 10

Rear delts on lying on bench:

Set#1: 40's for 8

Set#2: 30's for 12

Set#3: 30's for 8

Triceps:

Pushdowns:

Set#1 90lbs for 15

Set#2: 110 lbs for 10

Set#3: 110 for 8

Skull crushers:

Set#1: 45's on curl bar for 8

Set#2: 45's+10's for 8

Set#3: 45's + two tens for eight

Overhead rope extensions on cable machine:

Set#1: 70 lbs for 12

Set#2: 70 lbs for 10

Set#3 70 lbs for 9

That's it. My strength is still about the same. I am hungry all the time. It's kind of like the feeling when get whenyou are dieting for a show.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Would you be willing to increase calories devil?

devil

Awards
Would you be willing to increase calories devil?
I have, and will continue to do so. I don't like being hungry. It just seems like I can't get enough. I have a metabolism like a humming bird. Everyone tells me that your metablism slows down when you hit your 30's. I'm almost 40 and it's still the same as when I was 20.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have, and will continue to do so. I don't like being hungry. It just seems like I can't get enough. I have a metabolism like a humming bird. Everyone tells me that your metablism slows down when you hit your 30's. I'm almost 40 and it's still the same as when I was 20.
Nutrient repartitioning at its finest.

devil

Awards
I normally train back on Friday. However I got caught up in a shed building project. I will train tomorrow and post results.

devil

Awards
I just completed back day. This believe this is day 8 of using neovar.

Pulldowns:

Two light warm up sets for ten

Set#1: 150 for 8

Set#2 160 for 8

Set#3; 160 for 8

Wide grip seated rows:

Set#1 160 for 9

Set#2: 150 for 9

Set#3: 150 for eight

Bent rows

Set#1: 225 for 10

Set#2: 225 for 9

Set#3: 225 for 8

Shugs;

Set #1:275 for 10

Set#2: 325 for 8

Set#3: did one rep at 325 and threw my back out. Being old sucks!!!

Anyway my back work outs are really not a bench mark for my strength progression. I tend not to push to hard out of fear of injury. Obviously today caution did not work so well for me. I should be good to go by Monday's chest and bi's workout. Time to eat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You look out there sonny, or you are gonna hurt yourself!

I need to see if I can get bobo to add that emoticon permanently :D

devil

Awards
geez.... your back ok man?
Yeah it will be fine. I will be training on Monday FOR SURE. I'm very interested to see if I have made any progress. My chest and bi's day, and shoulders and tri day are my strongest indicator of strength progrssion.

devil

Awards
Ok here we go with results from day ten.

Cest and Bi's:
Chest:
flat bench
warm up sets: 135 for 10, 185 for 8, 245 for 4.
Set #1: 275 for 8
Set #2: 315 for 10 (almost had eleven reps)
set #3 315 for 8

Incline bench
Set #1: 120 dumbells for 8
Set #2 120's for 8
Set# 3 120's for 7

Flys:
Set#1 65 dumbells for 10
Set#2 65's for 9
set#3 65's for 8

Dips two sets of 20

Bi's
One arm standing DB's

Set#1 40's for 15
Set#2 50's for 12
Set#3 50's for 9

Cambered bar curls

set#1 35's on a side for 12
set#2 35's on a side for 10
set#3 35's on a side for 9

Hammer curls on cable machine w/ rope
set one: 60 lbs for 15
set#2 60lbs for 10
Set#3 60lbs for 10

I finished the workout with a 30 rep set of dips.

I have several observations. First of all I almost had 11 reps at 315 on flat bench. Yes I know almost does not count. However, I have not even come close in over a year. Additionally I was on about five hours of sleep due to the little ones. And my back is only about 80% due to stupid lifting on Friday. I feel confident I will get it next week. If nothing else, saying I will get it will shame me into pushing harder. My last set of 315 on flat bench improved from seven to eight reps. One rep is very significant when you are as close to your limit as I am.

I also improved by one rep on two of my sets of incline dumbells. Once again this is significant given that I am an experienced lifter. Progress is hard to come by at this point.

I'm still hungry as hell!!!!!!!!

devil

Awards
Day 11 report. I trained quads and hamstrings yesterday. My workout essentially looked identical to last weeks training session. My back is still not completely recovered.

Anyway, I really don't plan on using my leg day as a means of charting my progress. I have bad knees to go along with back issues. This really prevents me from increasing weight to any significant degree. tomorrow is back and tri's. I will report back then. Oh I woke up in the middle of the night so hungry it was almos intolerable. My appetite continues to ramp up. I have to resorted to chips and ice cream to address the issue.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
devil,

If i missed it above.... sorry: Have you had recurring back problems?

devil

Awards
devil,

If i missed it above.... sorry: Have you had recurring back problems?
nothing significant enough to really hold me back. Holding back on squats is going up to 355 for 8 as opposed to going up to 405 for reps. However, I don't want my lifting career to end before the age of 40 so I use some caution.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Caution is always good. I have the same philosophy..I could be bigger but I like being able to walk.

devil

Awards
Day 13 shoulders and triceps. My scheduled training day was yesterday, but I just ran out of time. I will do the workout scheduled for today (back) tomorrow.

Delts:

Dumbell presses:

warmups: 40's for ten, 55's for 8., 75's 4.

Set#1: 90's for 8 (the same as last week)

Set#2: 100's for 7. (last week Set#2: 95's for 7)

Set#3 95's for 7. (Last week Set#3 95's for 6)

Dumbell lateral raises:

Set#1: 40's for 12

Set#2 30's for 10

Set#3: 30's for 9

Rear delts on lying on bench:

Set#1: 40's for 8

Set#2: 30's for 12

Set#3: 30's for 8

Triceps:

Pushdowns:

Set#1 110 lbs for 15

Set#2: 120 lbs for 10

Set#3: 130 for 8

Skull crushers:

Set#1: 45's on curl bar for 8

Set#2: 45's+10's for 8

Set#3: 45's + two tens for eight

Overhead rope extensions on cable machine:

Set#1: 80 lbs for 12

Set#2: 90 lbs for 8

Set#3 80 lbs for 8

Dips: 4 sets of 20

My strength is up!! My biggest indicator is my impovement on dumbell presses. See the comparison I made above between this week and last week on dumbell presses. It may not seem like a huge improvement. But given my level of experience, even subtle improvements are tough to come by. Great workout, great pump

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
im subbed gluck bro.

is your avi you? if so amazing bro

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes that's me. Thanks for the compliments
Solid physique! Reminds one of the legendary Greek wrestlers and athletes. Keep this up, man!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've thought about getting another tattoo (just got one in july while I was on vacation) but having to wait a year to donate blood again seems like a long time, and i'm almost 3 months thru it now

devil

Awards
I've thought about getting another tattoo (just got one in july while I was on vacation) but having to wait a year to donate blood again seems like a long time, and i'm almost 3 months thru it now
I'd love to get more, but the kids come first. So I'll wait a while before I get more.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got 4 now, my wife is just about coated with em :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. What do you have? Here is my other one.
this is the last one, you can see one of the others there. plus 2 dragons, one on my left bicep, one on my right calf. i'll have to hunt for pics of those, or take new ones.

devil

Awards
this is the last one, you can see one of the others there. plus 2 dragons, one on my left bicep, one on my right calf. i'll have to hunt for pics of those, or take new ones.
Any specific significance to those? That tribal piece looks like it was not much fun to have done.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The pepe le pew and penelope has my wife and I's wedding date under it, and she has a matching one. The tribal one hurt like a mofo, it was a souveneir of our trip to hawaii :) The very center over the sternum made my jaw hurt, the vibrations went all thru my bones. The dragons were no specific significance, got them when I was 18 + 19.

I kind of want to do my whole right arm as a sleeve, and do a history of video games, with a ring of space invaders around my wrist, going forwards thru time upwards.

devil

Awards
Day 15. I trained back yesterdayday.

Pulldowns:

Two light warm up sets for ten

Set#1: 150 for 8

Set#2 160 for 8

Set#3; 160 for 8

Wide grip seated rows:

Set#1 160 for 10

Set#2: 150 for 10

Set#3: 150 for eight

Bent rows

Set#1: 225 for 10

Set#2: 225 for 10

Set#3: 225 for 10

Shugs;

Set #1:275 for 10

Set#2: 325 for 8

Set #3: 325 for 8

I finished up the session with 3 sets of pullups for 10 reps each.

Some improvement over last week. However, I'm still not pushing extremely hard on back day until my back feels just a little more recovered. Tomorrow is chest day. I will be able to push pretty hard, so I think will be able to get a very good sense of how much more progress I have made.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Nice. What do you have? Here is my other one.
In the random disemobodied voice from Deuce Bigelow, "That's a HUUUUUUUUGE *****!!!"

:clap2:

Sadly in some ways, I bet you could enter and win some shows right about now.... no tan, no prep. Just collect a trophy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And a vegetarian too, makes me want to go beat up a cow or something.