Steveo's Sponsored White Flood + Green Mag Log

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well first I've got to thank Controlled Labs for getting these two great products all the way up here to Canada for me to try out for you guys.

I'm not all too fancy, but here's a quick summary of the two products being used.

GREEN MAGNITUDE

From the company that brought you Green Bulge capsules...

Green MAGnitude is the most advanced powder creatine matrix ever to reach the market and one of the first creatine products on the market to combine Magnesium Creatine Chelate (a patented form of creatine), with Dicreatine Malate (creatine bound with Malic Acid) to deliver synergistic benefits you can actually FEEL working during your workout.

Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Dicreatine Malate are important during both anaerobic and aerobic workouts and are involved in the efficient production and utilization of ATP. This KEY COMBINATION also has oxygen-sparing effects and helps optimize mitochonddrial function to directly and indirectly "boost energy" during your workout or cardio session. As a bonus, when combined with Betaine Anhydrous, this potent combination may also help neutralize lactic acid build-up indirectly, and signal the body to use oxygen to burn fat as fuel.

Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous, and Tyrosine have a wide variety of physiological and metabolic functions and were added to Green MAGnitude for potent volumizing, antioxidant, ergogenic, and cognitive benefits.

WHITE FLOOD

White Flood is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood!

Key Attributes:

* Fast absorbing and fast acting
* Synergy, strength and stamina
* Endurance and extreme pumps
* Nutrient delivery and recovery
* Carb Free
* Ephedra / Ephedrine Free
* Stimulate neurons
* Enhanced creatine utilization

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout 1: Chest and Legs

I have taken a White Flood sample packet before, and I remember what a crazy pump I got from it the first time I took it. This morning when I took the White Flood 30 mins. before my workout I didn't even feel it hit me much at all, but I believe it's more to do with the crazy nature of my previous week. I've been leading frosh around campus and getting little sleep, so it's more of a tired issue. It was also one of those rainy dreary days. Going to be squeezing in as much sleep as I can even though classes start tomorrow.

As for taste and mixability, well it mixes so damn well that by the time I found my spoon all the work was pretty much done for me. Taste wise, the Electric Lemonade is definitely improved; not amazing but pretty decent. The Green Mag also mixes quite well and the taste is pretty decent too.

Workout: Legs
Leg Press
Standing Calf Raises
Front Squats
Seated Calf Raises
Freeweight Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Lunges
Hack Squat.

Looking back at the workout I actually threw in an extra exercise, the hack squat that I don't normally do so maybe that's the WF pushing me on. As for the quality of the workout, my strength just wasn't there today probably for the same reason I didn't feel the pump. On my front squats I had to drop the bar once even, so not a great workout.

My PWO shake of Orange Juice, Cup of Milk and a scoop of Ergopharm Orange Creamsicle was to die for though. Then had the Green Mag, talk about lots of liquid, considering I had about 1L of water with my oat bran Pre-WO.

After such a long workout I was expecting some DOMS, especially since I missed an afternoon meal but none at all which really surprised me. Hoping for a good pump tomorrow, and will improve the intro .

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
good luck on the log steve. bout time you got this started ;). agian, good luck!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well i plan on using white flood so ill be here checking it out.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day Two: Chest Workout
Once again I took my WF 30 mins pre-WO and had my porridge just over an hour before. I think personally it takes about 40 minutes for white flood to hit me, possibly because of all the liquids I just had (although wouldn't that speed up gastric emptying?) . I have tons of time to play with the timing. I haven't felt the BA tingle, but I did log a BA product and didn't feel it once so that's no surprise. My workout looked like this:

BB Bench
Shoulder Press
Decl BB Bench
Pec Fly
Bar Dips
Decl. Pushups to Exhaustion

Didn't have too much of a noticeable pump, but I'm still not back to full energy so it wasn't a bad workout considering. The legs are feeling well worked out from the day before. Endurance/pumps haven't changed noticeable yet, but I think the effects will add up.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
well i plan on using white flood so ill be here checking it out.
you should check out my log then! and rep me while your at it ;) i want a mountain of rep like you guys have ;D:head:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Day Two: Chest Workout
Once again I took my WF 30 mins pre-WO and had my porridge just over an hour before. I think personally it takes about 40 minutes for white flood to hit me, possibly because of all the liquids I just had (although wouldn't that speed up gastric emptying?) . I have tons of time to play with the timing. I haven't felt the BA tingle, but I did log a BA product and didn't feel it once so that's no surprise. My workout looked like this:

BB Bench
Shoulder Press
Decl BB Bench
Pec Fly
Bar Dips
Decl. Pushups to Exhaustion

Didn't have too much of a noticeable pump, but I'm still not back to full energy so it wasn't a bad workout considering. The legs are feeling well worked out from the day before. Endurance/pumps haven't changed noticeable yet, but I think the effects will add up.

you'll feel the pumps soon man! try white flood on an empty stomach and see how that goes for you. I notice it hits me harder and faster.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking about doing WF on an empty stomach but I always like having solid meals before. I'll try that tomorrow maybe with a shake right after taking it 30 mins before or something. Anyways, here's

DAY 3: Back
Had some great endurance today, just kept hitting the weights although the strength wasn't quite there. Today's workout looked like;
Deadlifts , 6 sets of 5
DB Rows 4x8
Lat Pulldowns 4x8
Low Rows 4x8
Chinups
Pullovers
Back Extension
Trap Raises

Just kept hitting the weights, and was hitting them so fast my buddies were telling me to slow down and rest lol. I realized they were right when I was getting in 8 reps the first set and only 4 on the second, i must have only been pausing for 30seconds or so.

Today I actually took my WF 60 minutes pre-WO due to a little some unforseen delays, and it was fun feeling the pump hit me. I was sitting there feeling my heart rate starting to quicken from the caffeine and just this warming sensation I get, good times lol.

Day 4:
Cardio. I hadn't done cardio in a long time because I've been bulking so it was great to find some time and do some cardio. Just a 40 minute run, and the WF didn't really affect me because I was on such an endorphin rush. The greatest part about stims is that I often find myself singing my favourite songs aloud at the gym when I've taken a good dose. Gets me some stares but I'm so energized I don't care.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5

Well I hit up the legs today, and had a great workout. I was doing so well that I ended up doing front squats, leg extensions and then doing some more front squats because I was so energyized that I couldn't feel the burn in my quads. Today though I'm definitely feeling the fact I had a good workout. Today I tried the suggestion and took WF on a completely empty stomach but it still hit me about 30 minutes afterwards like always, and not much harder.

This time I took half my green mag with some gatorade after taking the WF on an empty stomach, and I also had half of my yogurt/oats shake before as well. I took the 2nd half of both shakes afterwards which seemed to work pretty well. The only thing is I drank so much liquids and the washrooms are on a whole different floor (our university gym is ancient, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it).

For my next workout I'm taking green mag 45 mins before my WO and WF 30 mins prior. About to hit the gym, I'll see how this timing works out. Having the Green Mag before might be more useful than afterwards I'm thinking.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Sounding good !

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
For my next workout I'm taking green mag 45 mins before my WO and WF 30 mins prior. About to hit the gym, I'll see how this timing works out. Having the Green Mag before might be more useful than afterwards I'm thinking.
Nice timing:cheers:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6
Chest Workout
Well I tried the GM 45 min pre and WF 30 pre and had a decent workout. I bought a new cereal that Ihad , but no nutritional info for and I could tell it had alot more fats and not enough carbs in it since I got hungry halfway through my workout. I'll try the 45GM/30WF timing again tomorrow (today as I write this lol) and see how it goes. I might end up taking both at the same time and seeing how that goes. I'm going to bump up my pre-WO carbs a bit more.

Workout:
BB Bench 4x6
DB Shoulder 4x8
BB Decl 4x6
DB Fly's 4x8
Dips
DB Incline Chest Press
Cable Crossovers

Tomorrow I'll see how the back workout goes with extra carbs and the WF/GM 30 mins before. Today I had a bit of gas when taking the GM before, but it might have been from me sipping the froth off my post-WO shake lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you should check out my log then! and rep me while your at it ;) i want a mountain of rep like you guys have ;D:head:
will do. my reps are legit tho lol i promise. Nice log so far i like how you are experimenting with dosing, not everyones method is going to work the same.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7 : Back Workout

Hit the gym today after having a good sleep in (which for me is about 8:40 lol) but having a good solid sleep really helps. I've upped my carbs somewhat pre-WO and I find it is helping. The extra simpe sugars from some fruit keep me going, but halfway through my workout I did feel slightly hungry. I wish there was a way to quantify my energy levels, but I would say that today was unnaturally slow considering how much sleep I got, maybe a 6/10. Endurance was definitely there, although the energy didn't kick in right away today. For my first two exercises they dragged on and I was looking at the clock. Had an amazing workout though, managed to get in a ton of sets with the deadlifts.

Workout:
DB Rows
Iso-Lat Pulldowns
Deadlifts
Chinups
Good Mornings & Back Extensions
Trap Raises
Rear Fly

Not a bad workout, but wasn't really feeling the white flood today I'd have to say.

Day 8
Rest Day. I was surprisingly not sore at all today, had a huge shake after yesterday's workout and ate constantly so that must have helped. I will only be taking one day off not two this week I guess, so I'll be hitting the gym on Monday. I saved the Green Mag and just used some CEE that I had lying around here to keep my creatine levels up. Getting off to sleep soon so I can do a leg workout tomorrow morning; will try the 30mins WF & GM pre-WO again and see how that goes.

If anybody has any suggestions/things they want me to try out let me know. I'm open to anything.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9 Legs Workout

I experimented today with throwing the GM and WF in a smaller shaker cup and wow the taste was overpowering lol. Definitely need some more water. I'm finding I take in so much water with my workouts (There's about 0.75L for all the oats I eat, and then another 0.5L or so with my GM+WF). I might have to eat just a bagel or toast for breakfast just to stop myself from running to the washrooms which are on a different floor in the gym lol. I don't know if it's just me getting used to the stim but White Flood isn't hitting me like it did last week. I'm not any more tired, but my energy is down I would say. I don't get the crazy heart racing feeling any more, and I am still dosing the full 2 scoops which is alot for me. Hopefully I'm not getting used to WF stims.

Workout today consisted of
Squats, 4x10
Standing Calf Raises 3x15
Front Squats 3x6 (Didn't go too hot)
Leg Press 4x8
Seated Calf Raises 3x10
Lunges 4x15
Leg Extensions & Curls 4x8

Overall the energy and endurance weren't quite what it was last week. I was getting so much energy that I was usually humming to myself or just bouncing off the walls. Will see how the rest of my workouts go

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10
Chest Workout

I was looking for the energy and while I think my endurance was decent today maybe a 7 or so out of 10, I still don't have the pump I had last week. I'll keep looking at my workouts, but I haven't changed anything so I'm not sure why I'm not getting the boost. Otherwise not much out of the ordinary today. Pre-WO was a cup of Oat Bran, some watermelon, Tbsp Flax and a scoop of WPI. PWO was 1/2cup yogurt, frozen banana and some WPC.

In addition to the Green Mag I'm taking about 2.5g of CEE with dinner, does this sound necessary to keep my Creatine levels high? Not sure if I should keep that up or not.

Today I noticed hardness in my pecs and shoulder after working out, had some great definition and it seemed like they've either soaked up some more water or they're getting bigger :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11: Back Workout

Well today was a great workout, had a ton of energy and actually felt the good old energy rush. Not sure why it's hit and miss for me, must be dependant on my level of sleep or something else unrelated because I take in the same amount of carbs. Energy today was about a 9/10, feeling great was humming and singing. Deadlifts went awesome, and everything right to the final low rows were going well. Give it a 9/10 for my endurance as well.

Workout:
Deadlifts 5x8 (Put in an extra set even!)
DB Rows
Chinups
Pullovers
Rear Fly's
Close-Grip Chins
Trap Raises
Low Rows

Overall a great workout, will definitely be feling this one tomorrow I think. The usual water intake/run to the washroom for me, but I'll try eating solid foods like bagels or some other carb I think in the future and see how it goes. For now I'm liking the workouts.

Cheers,
Steve

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12: Rest Day, Sort of

Well today I was planning on just resting, but I had some errands to run and I actually ended up running literally lol. It was a nice day, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to get some cardio in. The only problem was since I wasn't planning on ruuuuuI didn't take any WF befoe to give me any energy, althogh I did enjoy a GM flavoured ice-smoothie afterwards while rushing to my anatomy lab lol. Not too much to report on the off day, except that green mag tastes good on it's own, mixed together and it sort of loses its magic!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 13 - Legs Workout

So hitting up the legs for the fourth time this log. TodayI decided to mix it up a little, and did my hack squats 1st and regular squat last! Switching up even the little things like that are great, and I was really feeling the burn the next day. Energy is still only half there I'd say; I think I've hit a bit of a tolerance tot he stim effects of white flood although I can't be sure. The endurance was decent, and my workouts are only 45 minutes usually, stretching up to an hour but rarely do I hit too much fatigue. Energy might have been low still because it's only the end of 2nd week of classes and even though I try and get my 8 hours of sleep there's a ton of other stuff going on that wears me out.

Workout:
Hack Squats
Leg Extensions/Leg Curls
Front Squat
Lunges
Calf Raises
Squats

Definitely noticing more definition in my legs, and have been getting some DOMS despite taking BCAA's peri-workout . I've started taking 5g glutamine to my PWO shake and before bed because I'm training pretty hard. Timing wise I did 30 mins WF and GM before, which seems to be working in the past. I'm thinking about the GM timing though, if it would be optimal to change it to PWO, or more than 30 minutes pre?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 14 - Chest Workout

So today was another chest workout. Didn't try anything different yet, but tomorrow I think I will be hitting the gym in the afternoon to see if it has any effect . Today was a normal breakfast + 30 mins GM/WF + 30 mins -- Workout day.
This has been the standard for the last two weeks, with a cereal breakfast like oatmeal or some oat bran. I've noticed that I tend to get a bit hungry during my workouts midway, so I might start adding some carbs like WMS to my Xtend that I take during my workout and seeing how it goes from there. TOday's workout was the standard :

BB Bench 4x8
DB Shoulder 4x10
BB Decl 4x6
DB Fly's 4x10
Dips
DB Incline Chest Press
Cable Crossovers

Energy was about a 6 or 7 today, and endurance was nothing out of the ordinary so about a 7 there too.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 15 - Back Workout

WOw talk about an amazing workout. So for the first time I decided to do a workout in the afternoon (1pm). I had my usual breakfast then a solid snack at 11:30 with some simple carbs (mmm frozen yogurt) right before hitting the gym and the energy was amazing. I thought I was getting used to WF so I only took 1 Scoop not 2 and yet I was pumped and energized like crazy. Got in tons of sets today and just wanted to keep going. It's been a while since I've tapped on the wall like that and just been super-energetic. I'm definitely going to have to figure out how to get this same energy in the morning, or just move my workouts to the afternoon which doesn't fit as well into my schedule unfortunately.
Workout:

Deadlifts 5x8 (Put in an extra set even!)
Bent Over Rows
Chinups
Pullovers (Machine)
Rear Fly's
Close-Grip Chins
Trap Raises
DB Low Rows
T-Bar Row

Lots of energy and endurance, probably a 9 for both today!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 16
This was a rest day. I have to be careful because with this log I've upped my training a bit, I think after my next round of 3 workouts I'm going to take a few days off just to let my body recover fully, but I'll see how it feels.

Day 17: Back to the legs

So today at the gym I was doing my front squats and for some reason I just couldn't get a decent grip on the bar without my wrist killing me. I don't know what it was, but the bar wouldn't sit right on my delts, and of course we had no towels or wrap for the bar and so it was uncomfortable as hell so the middle part of my workout got screwed up. I ended up finishing my workouts on the machines in frustration.

Anyways the energy and drive were about an 8/10 , was feeling good until I tried to do front squats and then it was just a sort of toned down workout.
It looked like this:
Squats
Lunges
Front Squats (Messed Up)
Leg Press
Calf Raises
Hack Squat

I've noticed that dosing 2 Scoops of White Flood has the same effect as just a rounded scoop for me, I'm not exactly sure why but I guess once the caffeine starts hitting me that's all it takes!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 18- Chest Workout

Wow today was an awesome workout. 2-hours after breakfast I took the White Flood, and call me crazy but in 10 minutes flat I was pumped and ready to work out. I was planning on working out about 30 minutes after, but I had so much energy that I ended up leaving my class and hitting the gym lol. I downed my shake I was planning on sipping during/after my workout for my carbs/protein, and had a phenomenal workout.

Energy was there with no aggresion. No noticeable change in libido, but then again that's never happened with a pre-WO for me. I didn't have a spotter , and so I did all dumbbell work but writing this the day after, I have to say that it went very well. So much so that I decided to take a day's rest before doing a backworkout I'm feeling it that much today.

I have a good amount of DOMS today, but I think it's because of my PWO and meals. I had a big bowl of oat bran ~30 mins after working out, which just isn't quick enough I guess. I did take the GM and about 15g of WPI right after working out, but the carbs were too slow in coming I guess. Also in the evening I was a bit lax on my meal and I guess I didn't shovel enough nutrients in me because I woke up twice during the night starving and I think I ate a frozen (cooked! luckily) chicken breast or two during the night lol.

Workout:
DB Flat Bench; 4x8
Shoulder Press; 4x8
DB Decline Bench; 4x8
DB Incline Bench; 4x8
Pullovers 4x8
Pec Fly's 3x15
Dips to failure
Pushups to failure

Day 19- Off Day
Like I mentioned I was feeling sore and I don't want to overtrain so no workout today. Tomorrow I will be hitting my back. I think I'll work out a bit later in the afternoon since I don't seem to get the same energy for me morning workouts.

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
Solid workout man, looks like you have some nice volume for sure!

Good to hear about the pumps and energy! Also I have to agree, working out is a hell of a look more fun than class:dance:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid workout man, looks like you have some nice volume for sure!

Good to hear about the pumps and energy! Also I have to agree, working out is a hell of a look more fun than class:dance:
Trying to squeeze the workout into 45-60minutes can be quite a squeeze. I try and get my workouts done in under an hour, and ideally 45 mins but that rarely happens because of the cortisol level rise at 45mins+.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 20- Back Workout

Wow can you say good back workout :D Don't know why, but today I had some great focus and concentration. I just kept making myself force out that extra set, and I think it really paid off. I was walking around all day with huge veins in my arms I was so pumped lol. But I always have pretty vascular arms since I'm quite lean. Anyways workout went great, strength was so so but with the extra sets the workout was a killer.

And I got no DOMS, just had the good feeling that I had trained the muscles hard and could feel them regrowing. I've got a crazy busy day tomorrow so I won't be hitting the gym, but on Monday it will be a legs day again. My back workout looked like this;

Squats ; 5x8 (Extra set!)
Iso-Lateral Pulldowns; 4x8
Barbell Shrugs (Superset)
Bent-Over Rows 4x8
Back Fly's 4x8
Pullovers 4x8 (Superset)
Dumbell Rows ; 4x8
Weighted Back Extensions (Superset)
Chinups
Low Rows 3x8,2- Exhaustion

Had a great workout. Focus and endurance were both 10's, strength and energy were about 7 or 8 nothing too crazy. Looking forward to Monday!

Day 21- No Time to workout/Rest Day

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 22- Leg Workout

Well there's no better way to start out the week than with a solid leg workout. When I hit the gym the WhiteFlood hadn't relay kicked in yet (Morning morning delay lol?) so I gave it another extra few minutes while I stretched and then I was ready. The weights went well today, nothing too much to comment about. Felt like a regular workout

My whythm was a bit off because a few older women were experimenting with some dumbbells and weights and I didn't want them to hurt themselves so I was giving them a hand, but other than that a pretty plain workout. Writing this the day after my legs feel well worked out but not in the sore kind of way that they sometimes do if I don't manage my meals right after a workout.
Workout was:
Squats 5x6
Alternating DB Lunges 3x10
Leg Extensions 4x10
Leg Curls 4x10
Front Squat 3x7
Calf Raises 3x15
Leg Press 4x8

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 23: Chest Workout

Well I've continued to go the dumbell route and I'm really liking the switch up. I don't miss the barbell bench at all, and even though it doesn't feel as strenuous using lighter weights, it's the controlled contraction that really makes it burn. I had some great veins going all day today, even 8 hours later which was crazy. My workout ended on a kind of bad note because I wanted to do some HIIT and at our gym you have to sign up for the slots. Well I tried doing a HIIT spring then a set of dips, and man did that not work lol.

Workout was the same as the previous chest,

DB Flat Bench; 4x8
Shoulder Press; 4x8
DB Decline Bench; 4x8
DB Incline Bench; 4x8
Pullovers 4x8
Pec Fly's 3x15
Dips (Slightly ruined)

DAY 24: Off day. I had so much class and extra-curric's that I couldn't find time at all to hit the gym. Will do back workout tomorrow.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 25- Back Workout

So the back workout was decent, I felt a bit sore on the day after because I decided to add a few sets of good mornings in, and after not having done them in a while they really hit you the next day. What I really noticed though was after the workout today, I was very jittery. I was trying to take notes in class and my hands were almost spazzing. I don't know if this means the caffeine is too much or what, but it was a bit frustrating. And I was thinking that perhaps I overfilled the 2 scoops or something but I didn't notice any extra energy in the gym, I just wasn't settling down after my workout for a while. The strength and endurance were about average in the gym, which is about a 7 for both I would say.
Workout regime:
Deadlifts: 5 x 5
Barbell Row: 4x8
Widegrip Lat Pulldown: 4x7
Trap BB Raises: 4x8 (Superset)
Back Extensions
Narrowgrip Chins
Dumbell Rows
Goodmornings
Low Rows

Took me a good while to finish my workout, but it felt good at the end because I ended with some Low Rows where I really focus on the slow contractions and feel the burn.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 26- HIIT Cardio
No weights today since I found that I was almost overtraining with only one day in betwee my splits, so just did a quick few intervals and had a great day. I don't find that White Flood really affects my performance with the intervals, they're just brutal lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 27 - Headed back home for Thanksgiving, no working out today.

DAY 28 - LEGS

I hit the gym up early morning having only taken in my GM,WF and some simple carbs because it was a busy day. (The whole weekend was lol). On a side note, frozen yogurt made into a shake is heavenly... and it has tons of sugar to boost me lol. I was probably on a bit of an energy rush when I hit the gym this morning, and so even though it was early my energy was through the roof. Strength was pretty good as well, although I'm focusing on slow movements and stabilization on a lot of my movements.

I can't comment too much on endurance since I got my little sis to actually come to the gym ( :O) which she never does, and she wanted to leave after a bit of cardio and a shower, and I'm the chauffeur. Anyways the workout was my typical leg routine, a tad short.
Workout:
BB Squats
DB Lunges
Leg Extensions & Curls
Calf Raises
Hack Squats
Some quick core work

Overall had a great workout while it lasted, Sugar + Caffeine = Power

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 29- Thanksgiving Dinner AND Chest Workout

Well we had our turkeys today, but it didn't stop me from slipping out to the gym even though I was doing same crazy cooking :pizza: Not just for turkey dinner, but freezer stuff at university for myself. Anyways I hit the gym midafternoon instead of the usual early morning so I didn't have any morning grogginess that I sometimes find in my workouts.
I took both of them about 25 mins pre-WO, and I have to say I didn't feel much of a difference today. The workout was great, I'm really liking the results from working with only dumbells instead of the bar for some of my chest exercises. Throw in some weighted dips and pushups and I have a great routine going. This was at the really nice gym back at home too, not my university gym with the ancient weights so I had a great workout. Strength and endurance were both 8 or 9 I'd say, but energy was not boosted that much by WF so I'd say a 7 or so.

Workout was:
DB Flat Bench
Pec Fly's
DB Incline Bench
DB Decline
Weighted Dips
Body Weight Dips + Pushups to Exhaustion

Overall had a great workout.

DAY 30: Thanksgiving Monday
No time to workout today, travelling back to University with all my food (Even BBQ'ed an extra turkey for myself lol. Lots of clean white turkey meat for me in the near future!)

I hope everybody had a great thanksgiving and got to spend some special time with their loved ones. 60% done, another good 3 weeks of working out to go :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 31: Back

I'm trying to mix in the Green Mag with my BCAA's during my workout, because I didn't really any difference taking the GM pre or immediately post-WO, so now I'm giving it a shot in the middle. I think by taking it perio-workout it should get into the muscles that need it, or at the very least still be absorbed as well as taken before. As far as energy goes, I don't think I'm noticing the effects of White Flood much at all now, compared to when I started the log. My body really seems to have adapted to the stim combo I think. I could try upping it to three scoops and compare tomorrow, I might do that but then I'm getting into pretty high dosing of caffeine, might get super-jittery.

Today's workout was decent, nothing special. Energy was normal, and endurance/strength weren't out of the ordinary either.

Workout:
Back Deadlifts 5x6
T-Bar Lat Pulldown4x7 Superset BB Trap Raises 4x7 + Hold
Pullovers 4x8 Superset Back Fly 4x8
Back Ext 4x10 Standing Row 4x7
Chins 4x8 Low Row 4x10

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 32
Well today was going to be a leg workout, but woke up feeling yesterday's workout so I'm giving it a day off ,the body needs it.

DAY 33 - Leg Workout
I took the GM periWO again. Didn't notice any change, and I still had DOMS but it goes well with my BCAA's lol. Had a good squat day today, bumped up the weights on almost all of my lifts. I worked out around lunch not early morning this time, and I had a solid 5 days rest since the last leg workout so it was definitely calling for a boost. Everything felt good while working out, energy was great because it was already almost noon, although I'm sure the White Flood helped with that too. Strength was great, and the sets went pretty smoothly so not bad for endurance. The workout definitely flowed today.

Workout:
BB Squats
Standing Calf Raises
Front Squats
Seated Calf Raises
Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Lunges
Hack Squat

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 34: Chest

Well after having a busy morning, I was just getting frustrated with how things went so I decided to hit up the gym in the late afternoon when I rarely work out. I gulped down the GM and WF and hit the gym about 15 mins later. I had great energy because I guess I was a bit frustrated, but I wasn't resting enough between my sets I found and so I would do the first 5 reps then just run out of juice. So the strength was good but I was going to fast, I need to recover more!
WO:
BB Bench
Shoulder Press Machine
BB Decl. Bench
Chest FLy's
Incline DB Bench
Dips
DB Bench/Pushups to Exhaustion

Day 35: Well I knew this would happen, but when I workout in the evenings I always seem to be quite sore the next day. I don't get in enough cals after workout out in the evenings I guess, anyways another rest day and will hit up the gym for a good back workout tomorrow.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 36
Well today I really noticed the energy. I find that it hits my the most when I take it about 20 minutes beforehand, and just sit and wait, or do something not too distracting until the energy hits me. Then I am feeling pumped and can hit the weights with some great focus. The workout went well, with some great focus at the start, and I suppose it lasts me until the end but I usually don't think about it after an hour of weights.

Workout:
Deadlifts
Dumbell Rows
Lat Pulldown
Narrowgrip Pullups
Pullovers
Back Fly's
Back Extensions

I'd say a 9/10 for focus at the start, 9/10 for energy and just a good workout overall.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 37/38

After a not so restful restday I hit the gym first thing in the morning, with only a quick shake. I took 2 loaded scoops of WF and it sure got me energized. It was weird though because I was still yawning and felt sort of groggy but when I was hitting the weights everything was going well. The dumbbells were moving and I was wondering how I managed to even be awake to push! Got some good energy. I still am getting awesome veins too, but that’s just really superficial so I don’t concern myself with that too much.
Workout: Shoulders
DB Delts, Shoulder Press, Romanian Rows, Lateral Raises and some Rotator Cuff Exercises.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 39- Legs
I always find leg workouts to be the toughest. I tend to push myself hard with tons of squats/leg presses, so these workouts are the best test of my energy. They don’t usually last more than 50 minutes, but they’re gruelling. Today was no different, and the workout seemed brutal. The WF just wasn’t doing it for me today. I really have on an off days with it; I think that my powder isn’t mixed evenly in the container for some reason. Some days I’ll notice blue artificial colouring/bitterness at the bottom of the shaker cup, other days it’s fine. Today was one of those blue-bottom days, and not alot of energy for me.
Workout: Legs
BB Squats
Hack Squat
Leg Press
Front Squat
Leg Extension & Curls
Calf Raises (Seated and Standing)
Lunges

DAY 40- Sore all over today. Taking it easy, got to listen to the body!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 41- Chest
I had some great focus today, but I think it was because I changed around the music on my playlist more than anything else. Still no water retention from the GM (which is good fine with me). Decent workout, but nothing special to note.

Workout: Chest
Bench: Flat, Decline AND Incline
DB Fly's
Dips
Pullovers
Pushups

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 42: Rest Day
I find that working my chest tires out my shoulders, so I usually try and give a day inbetween my Chest WO and my back/shoulders.

DAY 43: Back
Had the usual preworkout setup (Oatmeal 90mins pre, WF 20mins before, GM During). I find that sipping on some BCAA + Green Mag during my working is the best timing for it; I didn't notice any effect for taking it before my workout so I figured taking it during would let the stuff get uptaken either during my workout or right afterwards. Today there wasn't too much energy from the White Flood. It seems to be tapering off in effectiveness for me after being on it for so long now. For my last workout or two I think I'll up it to 3 scoops and see how it goes.

Workout:
Deadlifts
Low Rows
T-Bar Rows
Chinups and Pullups
Trap Raises
Back Extensions
Bent Rows

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 44: Shoulders

Today I had two cups of tea before my WF, so I was running high on caffeine today. (Black tea has a decent amount of caffeine, it's no coffee but it adds up!). Had tons of energy during my workout but the endurance wasn't there. I was bouncing off the walls, but I just couldn't pull off that last rep. I guess White Flood isn't the solution to all my problems, just the mindset and energy :) Maybe a few more carbs before my workout next time will do the trick.

Workout:
DB Delts, Shoulder Press, Romanian Rows, Lateral Raises and some Rotator Cuff Exercises.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 46 : Legs Again
After a day off (Still training pretty hard. Not overtraining though because I'm seeing decent gains). Had an awesome workout today. Just was in the zone. Had some good sustained energy throughout my workout, and I just had this insane focus today, I loved it. I had the bar on my shoulders ready to squat, and it was the cool calm and determined feeling every set. Today was one of those good days' maybe I woke up on the right side of bed, or maybe the powder was a bit extra strong lol.

Workout: (Long one today)
Squats
Leg Press
Standing Calf Raises
Front Squats
Seated Calf Raises
Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Lunges
Hack Squat

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 47: CHest Again

Well the White Flood is getting low, only a few more workouts left. I think some of my scoops in the past have been a bit generous lol, because with not taking WF on some off days I should have a bit more left than this. A housemate may have taken a few scoops though, I'll never know.
Today's workout wasn't the greatest. I didn't get that energy boost that I often get about 20 mins after WF, and still didn't feel any boost really at all during my workout; sometimes it kicked in a bit later but nada today. Could have been the rainy weather keeping my energy down. I had to actually drop the weight on one exercise which sucked, but perhaps my form improved :)

Workout: Chest
Barbell Flat and Decline Bench
Dumbell Incline Bench
DB Fly's
DB Pullovers
Dips
Pushups

DAY 48: Not DOMS, but I can tell my muscles are still recovering. Giving them a break

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 49: Back Workout

Well it's almost over and I've got enough so I'm going to put 3 scoops in. The first thing I noticed was the taste; I still used the same amount of water and the WF sure was sour today. It still took about 25 minutes until I started feeling it. I think 3 scoops is way too much for me ; my hands started getting jittery and after working out I couldn't really write for a few hours I had such crazy hand jitters. Aside from that, my workout went amazingly , every lift was a powerful explosion. Lots of raw energy. Too bad the jitters are so annoying otherwise I'd put 3 scoops in every day, but my body would probably adapt quite quickly to that trick. I really liked the intensity of my workout today though.

Workout:

Back Deadlifts
T-Bar Lat Pulldown Superset BB Trap Raises
Pullovers with Superset Back Fly
Back Ext with Standing Row
Chins with Low Row
Romanian DB Rows

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 50: Last Legs Workout
(Actually day 51, needed a break but wanted to log another one).
Today I took 3 scoops of White Flood again, remembering to mix it with more water. Took the same time, about 25 minutes for me to notice the effects. This time I got this funny eye twitch from the crazy caffeine and energy. I even noticed my heart rate speeding up I think, and almost felt out of breath, definitely odd feeling. The energy today dropped off towards the end of the workout, and a few hours afterwards I was exhausted, sort of a post-caffeine crash if that's possible. The hard part of my leg workout with the squats went well at the start, with the end becoming a bit sloppy. Not the same clean energy as 1.5-2 scoops way back a few weeks ago.

Workout:
BB Squats (Regular then Front)
DB Lunges (Front and Lateral)
Leg Extensions & Curls
Calf Raises
Hack Squat
Leg Press

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PRODUCT SUMMARY/OVERALL OPINION

Once again I would just like to thank Controlled Labs for sending me out these 2 products to log for them. I tried to be as honest as I could; If you have any questions about my comments or want to ask me anything, post here or PM me. My final thoughts on the products:

White Flood
- Great for giving you an energy boost to get the plates moving
- Taste was so-so. Not an amazing lemonade flavour but it was decent, not a nasty detergent-like flavour that some lemonades are like.
- Mixability is awesome, it will dissolve by the time you find your spoon to mix it with!
- Energy was clean and sustained at the start, but I found that it varied. I would recommend shaking your tub of White Flood occasionally so that the different components don't separate
- The effects of White Flood seemed to be best up until about Day 30-35, then I noticed a slight tapering off. I would recommend taking WF for maybe a month, then taking time off, or upping the dosage if you want to try that.

Green Magnitude
- Tastes Awesome!
- Mixes readily as well, perhaps not quite instantly as WF but you should have no problems with it.
- Made me quite thirsty for the first week, although I noticed no water bloating/retention
- Didn't notice too much from taking Green Mag on it's own from before my workouts, and ended up taking it during the workout.

Overall, I would recommend that if you're interested in a pre-WO energy booster, White Flood is one of the better options I've tried. The good news is that there is half-sizes of White Flood good for about a month for only $25. Definitely give it a shot for a month. As for Green Magnitude, it is a great tasting creatine with some other goodies, but I honestly can't say I noticed enough of an effect from it to recommend it. At 80 Servings for $35 it gets you some good creatine, flavour, mixability and a few other goodies so it's a decent value if that's what your looking for.

Thanks again for this opportunity Controlled Labs,
Steve

cboesger

cboesger

Swag On
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the log and review Steve, nice to see you saw some good things:thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I definitely enjoyed the energy from White Flood. I think I might buy another half-tub for those early morning workouts when I really don't feel up to hitting the gym.