Matrix 5.0 Review...unsponsored.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Since Syntrax put out some serious money distributing samples through NP and likely other stores...it actually paid off by getting me to buy a 5 lb bag of orange flavored Matrix 5.0.

I have been using Muscle Milk as my standard MRP and as most of you know the fat and overall calories in this product can be a bit much. Like a lot of people though, I was addicted to the flavors. lol

Lowering my fat intake, as well as needing a cheaper source of protein are my main motivations for switching. What will really clinch the deal is if I can digest Matrix as well as MM.

This post is for the initial impression. I'll comment on digestibility after a week or so.

Mixability: Excellent. Mixes into a foamy brew in one cup of skim milk. No clumps at all.

Taste: This is always subjective..but I say it's excellent. Not as sweet as MM which, IMO, is a plus. The Orange Cream flavored Matrix is not as sweet nor as rich as MM's and so far I like this fact. MM's taste is so sweet that it often gives me more of an appetite which leads to cheating sometimes.

Packaging is a little weak as the bag has a very thin zip-lock that does not appear to be very durable...but this is a very minor issue to me.

More to follow.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
9 hours since drinking down the initial 2 scoops. No GI discomfort to report or gas.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Bioman, have you noticed that there are two sizes of this product?. There is a 5.02 Pound and a 5.24 pound. I noticed this on Amazon. Strange. I was gonna try Ultra Peptide 2.0, but Matrix is such a better deal, I don't think I will even bother with Ultra Peptide 2.0.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I had not noticed the size differences..weird.

Small update. After using several bags of this product I continue to have mostly good things to say about it.

Still no real GI issues with it other than a little gas here and there. From Muscle Milk I get zero GI difficulties. MM does make me fat though, lol. Not a huge thing at this point given the large price difference.

IMO Flavoring is not as good as MM but comes about as close as you can get due to Matrix having little fat.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
I had not noticed the size differences..weird.

Small update. After using several bags of this product I continue to have mostly good things to say about it.

Still no real GI issues with it other than a little gas here and there. From Muscle Milk I get zero GI difficulties. MM does make me fat though, lol. Not a huge thing at this point given the large price difference.

IMO Flavoring is not as good as MM but comes about as close as you can get due to Matrix having little fat.

I just ordered my second bag yesterday. I just went with Vanilla because I have been mixing my protein with a variety of things lately. Im really not a fan of Syntrax, as most people. But, it is really a good protein for the price. I actually seem to have less GI distress with this than ON.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered my second bag yesterday. I just went with Vanilla because I have been mixing my protein with a variety of things lately. Im really not a fan of Syntrax, as most people. But, it is really a good protein for the price. I actually seem to have less GI distress with this than ON.
I wish I could try syntrax matrix but for some reason anything with Whey protien concentrate gives me stomach problems and acne like symptons. WPI is where it's at

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Just got a bag of the Vanilla today. Will post my opinion of it in a few days.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started a bag of the Cookies & Creme Flavor. I don't think I will buy it again. The taste isn't really all that great and it has more carbs than Orange Creme. I tried Chocolate years ago when the product first hit the market. The taste of the Chocolate wasn't great either. So far to me anyway, Orange is the best flavor. You can't get a better quality mix anywhere elese for the same price though, so its a no brainer.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The vanilla is pretty good..just downed 2 scoops in one cup of 2% milk. Seems thicker and sweeter than other flavors.