RR's Sponsored Controlled Labs Log - GM+WF

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Arrow RR's Sponsored Controlled Labs Log - GM+WF

RenegadeRow's Controlled Labs Log

GREEN is the COLOR of LIFE

**Green MAGnitude (Lemonade flavor)
    Advanced Creatine Matrix

If you want to increase your stamina in the gym and gain size and strength, Green MAGnitude is the right choice for you. If you want similar results in convenient capsule form, we recommend Green Bulge. Either way, you are getting a full dose of patented Magnesium Creatine Chelate that has been clinically proven to increase strength. Green MAGnitude is the most advanced powder creatine matrix ever to reach the market and one of the first creatine products on the market to combine Magnesium Creatine Chelate (a patented form of creatine), with Dicreatine Malate (creatine bound with Malic Acid) to deliver synergistic benefits you can actually feel working during your workout.

My review of Green MAG sour apple and elaboration on the formula:
    Green MAGnitude Review

**White FLOOD (Lemonade Flavor)
    Pre-Workout Energizer and Muscle Volumizer

White Flood is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to flood your system.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood!

Start: Saturday. August 25th, 2007

Statement of Intent
    To provide accurate recordings of workouts while on said products. To give opinions and thoughts on said products. To add lean muscle while maintaining or burning fat (Lean Bulk).

Supplements
    Green MAGnitude (Creatine)
    White FLOOD (PreWorkout)
    Nectar Iced Tea (Protein)
    NOW EcoGreen (Multivtamin)

Stats
    23 years old
    5'8 / 163~lbs
    Approx. 11%BF
    Ecto / Endo
    Lifting seriously for 2 years

Workout and Scheduling
    90-120 seconds rest, sets x reps

Monday - Legs
    Squats - 8x8
    Calf Raises - 3x8

Tuesday - Upper Body
    Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8
    Barbell Curls [superset.] DB Curls - 3x8
    Skullcrushers [superset.] Tricep Push - 3x8

Wednesday - Cardio
    15 mins Shadow boxing
    15 mins Bag work
    15 mins Stationary Bike

Thursday - Legs
    Squats - 8x8
    Calf Raises - 3x8

Friday - Upper Body
    Deadlifts - 5x5
    Dips - 5x8
    Chinups - 5x8
    Upright Rows - 3x8
    Lateral Raises - 3x8
    Pushups - 3 sets to failure

Sat & Sun - Rest

Diet and Protein
    1.5-2 gallons H20 Everyday
    160g protein Everyday
    Eat as clean as possible but maintain anabolism eating every 3-4 hours

I also wanted to thank Controlled Labs for taking care of their customers and sending me a Controlled Labs beenie with the products. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by RenegadeRows; 08-22-2007 at 06:11 AM.

2. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.

Looking solid man, scribed
  3. Registered User

Initial Thoughts

Green MAG mini-review
    This tastes damn good. It almost makes me think of a lemon - marang pie in liquid form. It's not too sour or tart, and not too sweet. It's 'chuggable'. Very good, 5 out of 5 stars.

White FLOOD mini-review
    This was a very tastey product. Compared to the original version, which I did not like, this was very pleasant. Before the flavor was too strong, but this is a vast improvement. Excellent job Controlled Labs, thanks for listening to your customers and improving an already good thing.
    •   

4. Registered User

Workout #1

Workout

Mood: Energetic
    Pre Workout: 2 scoops WF + 1 scoop GM
    Post Workout: 1 scoop Nectar + EcoGreen Vitamin

Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8

Thoughts
    Well I was going to wait until Monday to start this log, but the iron was calling my name (as well as the CL products!) I had to start off early.

Now this was an excellent workout. A combination of taking a week off prior, and these new supplements, I felt like a monster. I didn't lift as much as I could have, as I am just starting back out. Coming from a layoff, you have a tendancy to run around and lift all you can ... but you must preserve your strength for the coming weeks

Just to illustrate how well these supplements work, I had extreme vascularity in my chest and shoulders while doing dumbell curls. I usually don't get that ... it was a bit freaky

Music Video of the Day
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  5. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.

Workout looks solid RR, great initial feedback also!

I love the vascularity aspect as well, road map FTW
  6. Registered User

Log looks awesome man. Very clean and tidy in here. Subscribed! Good luck man!
  7. Registered User

Solid!
  8. Registered User

Nice start, and of course great log as always!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

great start... keep it up and good luck
  10. Registered User

Workout 2

Workout

Mood: High strung

Squats - 10x10
    :squat: :squat: :squat:

Thoughts
    Pretty amped up today. I did a giant day of squats, 10 sets of 10 pyramidding. I stayed light and focused on endurance and correct form. This squat workout takes alot out of your cardiovascular, and not to mention I was pretty tired afterwards. I think taking my multi immediately after my workout helps with sustained energy with the rest of the day. I have a problem/bad habit of falling asleep after a heavy squat or deadlift day. Good pumps and strength today. I think the GM really helped with my endurance today. I have problems with doing 8x8 squats, and I got 10x10 today. The supplements are definately helping.

My off day I consume 1 serving of Green MAG in the morning on an empty stomach (after my breakfast and protein shake of course.) I think it definately helps with recovery, but I plan on adding in more protein into my diet, and adding a little more cardio to counter the fat gain with increasing calories.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=1RlHTc4JkT0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

good post man! are you feeling any kind of bloating like some other people are saying?
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    good post man! are you feeling any kind of bloating like some other people are saying?
    That's a negative. I've never felt bloated from GM or GB.
  13. Registered User

I wasl talking wiht my lifting partner this week how leg days just zaps everythign out of you. Nice workout man!
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ddawg91 View Post
    I wasl talking wiht my lifting partner this week how leg days just zaps everythign out of you. Nice workout man!
    It sure does. Funny thing is ... the day after my workout, they are OK. It takes them about 24-48hrs after to really start being sore (after I've walked on them for a while i guess.)
  15. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    It takes them about 24-48hrs after to really start being sore (after I've walked on them for a while i guess.)
    Haha, I feel you man. DOMS FTW!

Nice workout, I am also a big fan of pyramiding, my body responds very well to that type of training method.
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cboesger View Post
    Nice workout, I am also a big fan of pyramiding, my body responds very well to that type of training method.
    I agree, pyramidding works very well with large muscle groups.

First couple light sets - warmups / slow twitch fiber stimulation
    Heavy sets (top of the pyramid) - Strength / fast twitch
    Last couple sets - size / pump
  17. Registered User

It sure does. Funny thing is ... the day after my workout, they are OK. It takes them about 24-48hrs after to really start being sore (after I've walked on them for a while i guess.)
    I call it the 2 day rule, I am fine that day and then the next 2 are hell. But I also love the feeling as well!
  18. Registered User

I call it the 2 day rule, I am fine that day and then the next 2 are hell. But I also love the feeling as well!
    Delayedddd onset muscle soreness. My lifting partner (an older gentlemen) gets it too. Sometimes I'm sore the next day, but with legs its usually the second day.

By the way, thanks DDawg for the tip about dosing creatine 60 mins before. I was doinglike 15 mins before, and I see alot more of a positive difference when I do it your way.

RR
  19. Registered User

Glad to help out and you are getting better response from GM.
  20. Registered User

Workout 3

Workout

Mood: Excited / Good

Pullups 5x8 (weighted 20lbs)
    Dips 5x8 (weighted 20lbs)
    Upright rows 3x8
    Lateral Raises 3x8

Thoughts
    My scheduling is weird because I started on a Thursday and not a Monday. Therefore I threw in an upper body day on the weekend. I'm sure I'll catch up on Tuesday. Here's what my scheduling has looked like:

Wed: Upper Body
    Fri: Lower Body
    Sat: Upperboday

Saturday's workout was good. Weighted bodyweight exercises are very tough. My legs were very sore all weekend. I got a good pump and managed more reps on my chins. I'm always disappointed with my dips though. I feel I could give more but my body doesn't allow me to. The shoulder excerises went well also, I had a nice pump in my delts. I'd usually do deadlifts on this day but since I did squats the previous day my muscles for DL'ing were taxed so I went with strictly upper body. I should start today (Monday) with legs and get back to my normal routine stated in the original post.

I wanted to note something. On my off days, I have been mixing my creatine and protein into one drink. Iced tea protein plus lemonade creatine makes a very delicious Lemonade Iced Tea. I read somewhere that Cutler (being a MT guy) mixes Cell tech and NItrotech, effectively killing two birds with one stone. So far I have seen no ill effects from this, but if anyone wants to chime in their thoughts feel free, I don't want to be doing anything wrong.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=GDfToFcJ2J4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  21. Registered User

Workout 4

Workout

Mood: Eager

Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8

Thoughts
    I was very energetic today. I obviously like upper body days better than leg days. Especially today because Bench Press is a very fun exercise, even though I'm not very good at it. I got a massive, massive pump doing my arms today. I could barely straighten my arms after the tricep sets. My BB rows (a weak exercise of mine) went up in weight today. I beleive my form is getting stronger, as well as my muscles.

Recovery has been really quick lately. I didn't do legs yesterday as my day was hectic driving through the heart of Boston, but I'm back on schedule and that's what matters right now.

The Green MAGnitude is delicious and working very well. White FLOOD is less delicious but just as effective and when I mix the two together and put it in the freezer before drinking, it's like having a lemonade smoothie.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=zSxXWd9cBj8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  22. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.

Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8

Thoughts
    I was very energetic today. I obviously like upper body days better than leg days. Especially today because Bench Press is a very fun exercise, even though I'm not very good at it. I got a massive, massive pump doing my arms today. I could barely straighten my arms after the tricep sets. My BB rows (a weak exercise of mine) went up in weight today. I beleive my form is getting stronger, as well as my muscles.
    Awesome RR, sounding great in here:bruce1:

Good to see everything is back on track, being in a stressed/hectic feeling sucks

I have yet to try a White Flood smoothie. I've made Green Magnitude ices before and they are quite good. I'll have to try that out.
  23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cboesger View Post
    Awesome RR, sounding great in here:bruce1:

Good to see everything is back on track, being in a stressed/hectic feeling sucks

I have yet to try a White Flood smoothie. I've made Green Magnitude ices before and they are quite good. I'll have to try that out.
    Yeah! Just mix up some GM, WF, ice, water and even a little country time lemonade in a blender and let it sit in the freezer. It's pretty tastey and gives you a kick in the arse as well
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

ill have to try that out once the heat isnt so bad... right now i cant keep anything cold
  25. Registered User

Workout 5

Workout

Mood: Nothin but a peanut

Deadlifts - 5x5
    Dips - 5x8
    Chinups - 5x8
    Upright Rows - 3x8
    Lateral Raises - 3x8

Thoughts
    Worked out with an old friend today. We pushed eachother. I gave him some of my supplements to try and he said he had a great workout too. He would jump onto the dip bars, and I would say "You cant do 20 of those, you wimp!" -edited for content. It was a very productive and energetic session.

My deadlifts went up by 10lbs this week. If that's the energy from the supplements then I am happy. Whatever makes me lift more will induce more growth. I'm definately going to be sore tomorrow!

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=k00Zrc2iXUM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  26. Registered User

Workout

Mood: Nothin but a peanut

Deadlifts - 5x5
    Dips - 5x8
    Chinups - 5x8
    Upright Rows - 3x8
    Lateral Raises - 3x8

Thoughts
    Worked out with an old friend today. We pushed eachother. I gave him some of my supplements to try and he said he had a great workout too. He would jump onto the dip bars, and I would say "You cant do 20 of those, you wimp!" -edited for content. It was a very productive and energetic session.

My deadlifts went up by 10lbs this week. If that's the energy from the supplements then I am happy. Whatever makes me lift more will induce more growth. I'm definately going to be sore tomorrow!

Music Video of the Day
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=k00Zrc2iXUM

Good to hear dude. My deads went up by 20 last week. Today I will try to maintain that consitancy. Anyway logs looking good man. Best of luck!
  27. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.

Great job on the deads man, always nice to have someone lift with you who can motivate you. Gotta love DOMS
  28. Registered User

Workout 6

Workout

Mood: Pumped!

Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8

Thoughts
    The darn holiday threw me for a loop and I missed my leg day. I might just throw in some squats tomorrow and work for 4 days straight to make up for the long (albeit relaxing) weekend I had.

I've found myself really enjoying this day. I've been focusing on the 'more bang for your buck' exercises, such as the rows and bench press, and less on the arm work. I'm a beleiver in "if you build strength, muscle mass will come."

The GM/WF combination has been aiding in recovery. I felt good all weekend and I'm looking forward to squats tomorrow. Today I went up about 10lbs in my bench press without losing any reps. I also felt like I could've added weight onto my rows but I feel my reps would have gone down so that is my goal for next week.

Music Video of the Day
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ko0CKv-jyWU"]YouTube - Jedi Mind Tricks - When all light dies[/ame]
  29. Registered User

Workout 7

Workout

Mood: Tired

Squats - 8x8
    :squat: :squat: :squat:

Thoughts
    My "GVT" today for legs went well. I was damn tired though, I've been working long hours and waking up early. But the WF, like always, got me charged up even when I felt like sleeping instead.

My 8RM went up by 20lbs since the last time I squatted, which was about a week and a half ago. That is great news for me considering I was tired today. If you ever get stuck with an exercise, drop it from your routine for a week and when you pick it up you'll be stronger at it!

I had a little bit of an upset stomach today after taking a heaping scoop of Green MAG in water on an empty stomach. I think I'm going to do half scoop pre, half scoop post to avoid discomfort from the magnesium. I have a iced tea flavored protein shake post workout so mixing the GM in makes it taste good.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=BaYCezb21lA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  30. Registered User

Workout 8

Workout

Mood: Tired
    Pre Workout: 2 scoops WF + .5 scoop GM
    Post Workout: 1 scoop Nectar + EcoGreen Vitamin + .5 scoop GM

Deadlifts - 5x5
    Dips - 5x8
    Chinups - 5x8
    Upright Rows - 3x8
    Lateral Raises - 3x8

Thoughts
    I forgot to mention something about my squats yesterday. The last time I did squats I did them shoulder width stance. That really burns my quads. Yesterday however, I did them with a wide stance, targeted my glutes and hammys more, and supposedly release more gH and test.

Of course, this conflicted with my deadlifts. I felt I was using my upper body more because my legs were a little weak. But I did my deads today with bare feet, and it actually made alot of diffference in my form I think (positive difference.)

Holy DOMs batman. Doing the half scoop GM worked well today, I still had the same energy and intensity as always. I have a feeling I will have an awesome soreness going tomorrow.

I haven't felt the White FLOOD taper yet. I still feel very energetic and strong when I take it. It helps that I only take it 3-4 times per week. IT gives my body time to 'rest' from it.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=I80ZVcYPuek"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  31. Swag On
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.

Nice to see you're still getting the solid energy. Great workout as well, really killed legs!!!

Gotta love the DOMS
  32. Registered User

Workout 9

Workout

Mood: Pumped
    Pre Workout: 2 scoops WF + .5 scoop GM
    Post Workout: 1 scoop Nectar + EcoGreen Vitamin + .5 scoop GM

Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8

Thoughts
    I had a nice workout today. I had lots of strength and energy. I went up in reps on almost everything. Even if it was a minor 2.5lbs on each side of the bar (for a total of 5lbs), I've been steadily making gains so far in this cycle.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=dqv2iOPGo6E"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  33. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

how did i miss this? and how did i miss the chance at a sponsored controlled labs log?? damnit! you lucky dog.....
  34. Registered User

I had a nice workout today. I had lots of strength and energy. I went up in reps on almost everything. Even if it was a minor 2.5lbs on each side of the bar (for a total of 5lbs), I've been steadily making gains so far in this cycle.
    A PR is a PR so I would still be proud of it especially if you added reps as well!
  35. Registered User

Workout 10

Workout

Mood: Driven

Squats - 5x5
    Deadlifts - 5x5
    Dips - 5x8
    Chinups - 5x8
    Lateral Raises - 3x8

Thoughts
    Today was just nutty.

I went heavy with the squats today, and combined them and deadlifts to fatigue the hell out of me. It was a really productive workout. See, I don't lift every day, but the days I do take off I really need because of workouts like this. Luckily I had my Controlled Labs one-two combo to keep the pace. I tell you this, if you haven't combined squats and deadlifts together in the same workout, you should try it. It's a great way to target your core, legs, hammys and back all at once. If I were given one day per week to lift, you better beleive that day would include these two exercises! So today was my "heavy" day and I was did my 1RM on the deadlift - 285lbs. That is way more than I've ever did. I was warmed up from the squats, yeah, but damn. I didn't expect the 1RM to be that high (I havent done it in about a month).

After my workout, I fell asleep for 2 hours. That's when you know you dipped into your 'potential'.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=2I2b64-ykyE"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  36. Registered User

Man squats and DLs! So how have you beent he past couple of days?
  37. Registered User

Workout

Mood: Excited

Bench Press - 5x8
    Flyes - 3x8
    Overhead Press - 5x8
    Barbell Rows - 5x8

Thoughts
    I used a slower tempo today, and focused on the contraction and burn. I also went beyond failure on the rows and presses. The workout went well and the supplements like always are holding their integrity. Strength and endurance are both increasing.

Music Video of the Day
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-uapoWCYc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  38. Registered User

Man squats and DLs! So how have you beent he past couple of days?
    Lets just say, taking frequent naps and whining when having to walk more than 30 ft
  39. Registered User

Lets just say, taking frequent naps and whining when having to walk more than 30 ft
    Too bad you cannot get a handicap parking place for the 2 days after legs!
  40. Registered User

Workout 12

Workout

Mood: Eager

Squats - 5x5
    Deadlifts - 5x5
    Dips - 5x8
    Chinups - 5x8

Thoughts
    Things have been busy lately , I'm working on a project at work , getting our machines back up to brand new status (lots of maintenence.)

I've been doing alot of cardio lately, spinning a few days a week. I find it's helping my definition and vascularity. Combined with these workouts and CONTROLLED LABS products + diet, I'm seeing a dramatic change in body comp. I seem to be getting leaner but not changing bodyweight. Therefor I am burning fat and adding/maintaining muscle.

Yesterdays workout was very intense, I combined the DL and squats into one workout. I recommend doing these 'bang for your buck' exercises, squats and deadlifts, if you have limited time on your hands. Since I am working two jobs, I make up for it with intensity. You can easily lift weights twice a week and make signifigant gains if you know how to set your workouts up.

Deadlifts went up again. I was adding plates and still banging out more reps. I think I went up a total of 10lbs since last week, with my reps staying at 5. Pretty surprised at my progress lately.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 361
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
  2. For Sale: Controlled Labs PW, GG, WF (Amino Acids)
    By Kristofer68SS in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
  4. My Summer Controlled Lab Log . . .
    By bradspencer74 in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 05:03 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 06:18 AM