Rodja's PAL Sponsored Transformation

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First I would like to thank the PAL team for selecting me to have a sponsored log of Incarnate and Leviathan. Now, as many of you know, I train MMA, so physique is not on my highest list of priorities, performance is, but I am always trying ot improve my LBM:BF ratio.

I started yesterday with the training and had weights and conditioning drills, but first the pictures.

Attachments

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterdays lifts:

Flat BP - 185x3
Incline DB - 70x7, 75x5
One Arm Rows - 100x12, 105x10x2
Bent Over Rear Delt Flies - 30x12x3
Low Pulley Swiss Ball Crunches - 60x15x3

Conditioning:
5-3 minute rounds of:
Burpees for 30 sec
Jump Rope for 30 sec
Mountain Climbers or Jumping Jacks for 30 sec
Shadow Thai Boxing for 90 seconds
60 seconds rest

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Todays training
75 minutes of BJJ (in 90 degree heat)
2.5 miles of running (18 minutes)

I have been dosing the Leviathan with my K-RALA about 30 minutes before breakfast and about 6-7 hours later, 30 minutes before a meal. The have been taking the Incarnate 60 minutes pre and post training.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
good luck bro, sub'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
niiiiiice bro....finally a face to the name :D

you have a great great base to build on man...lets doo it!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am definitely a skinny-fat guy, but I am doing my best to get rid of my little tire. It is frustrating as hell, to because my waist is slightly less than 31" and I wear size 29 in pants/shorts (assuming there is enough thigh/ass room).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck Rodja, looking fine already! :)
Danke, AB. Your new pics are looking great as well.

Todays lifts
Rack Deads - 405x5 (just felt like doing them)
Walking DB Lunges - 50x8x4
Glute/Ham Raises - BWx8x3
DB Holds - 90x30 sec, 100x28 sec

Strength was pretty solid and I could have gone higher on the DL, but I did not have a belt and didn't want to risk injury. I weighed 181 on Monday, but today I weighed 178 today.

Conditioning:
5, 3 minutes rounds
30 sec of Burpees/Jump Rope
30 sec Jumping Jacks
30 sec Mountain Climbers
90 seconds of shadow Thai Boxing

I felt great during these. I had a little exhaustion and ab fatigue, but my recovery between rounds was awesome. It is still too early to say if it is the BA helping or if my cardio is just getting better, but I can feel something good happening.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
looking good rodja. subscribed. good luck in the contest!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bad News:

I may have sprained my knee yesterday at BJJ. I was rolling and I took the back position and got my hooks in and flattened him out to go for a choke, but when I did, I had my right foot in a position where I basically heel-hooked myself. So, now I am waiting to see if I just need to take a few days off from cardio or if it is something much worse. I can walk on the knee w/o pain, but squatting and lateral movements are VERY painful.

dpatterson

Awards
hope you recover fast! Injuries are always frustrating...

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow, the famouse Rodja! He is a myth no more! Good build man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I added a brace to my knee to help with the joint stability so I could lift.

Dips - BWx15, 12, 12
Campered Curls - 105x6+3+2
Incline DB Extensions - 30x10, 8, 8
BB Rows - 225x12x3
Side Laterals - 30x15, 40x12x2 (PR)
Hammer Curls - 50x6+4+3 (PR)

Great pump and recovery today, especially in my biceps and delts. My focus and intensity were a little off today because I woke up 3 hours earlier than normal. Overall, this was a good WO, but I am going to put more focus on back work starting next week. I am going to skip conditioning today and BJJ tomorrow to give my knee some time, but, hopefully, I will be ready to go on Monday.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Link by day, PAL contest winner by end of log!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had an awesome day of training. I set 3 PR's and my conditioning was fantastic.

Dips-BW+45x6, BW+55x6(PR)
BB Rows-275x8+7(PR)
Incline DB-75x4, 80x3
Pull-Ups-BW+10x5+1(PR)
Bent Over Rear Delt Flys-30x15, 35x12x2

DC Stretches for Chest and Back. I have begun to incorporate some DC principles into my weight training, mainly rest-pause, to try to increase strength.

Condititioning

3, 5 minutes rounds
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Burpess
30 sec Jumping Jacks
30 sec Split Jumps
30 sec of double-leg takedowns
30 sec of sprawls
60 sec of shadow Thai Boxing

My HR got into the 160's, but I did not feel winded and I felt as though I got stronger as I progressed. My knee is feeling fine and I am going back to practice tomorrow along with some Guerrilla sprints in the afternoon.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good God, my chest is ridiculously sore today. I really hope I don't end in side-mount today during BJJ because I don't think that I am going to be able to escape.

Also, I have my next fight confirmed, finally, on November 10 in San Antonio at the AT&T center, which is where the Spurs play. So I am slightly over 10 weeks out from this event and then I start prepping for the tournament in Conroe.

dpatterson

Awards
Rodja,

Are you in Houston? (EDIT: I see San Marcos) I was down in Houston 2 yrs ago to watch my wifes cousin fight at the Verizon Wireless Center. It was a TX MMA event. That night Tito Ortiz was there.

I think I could have taken him... :toofunny:

DP

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja,

Are you in Houston? (EDIT: I see San Marcos) I was down in Houston 2 yrs ago to watch my wifes cousin fight at the Verizon Wireless Center. It was a TX MMA event. That night Tito Ortiz was there.

I think I could have taken him... :toofunny:

DP
I live outside of Austin ATM, but I am going to move back to Houston within the next few years (unless I decide to go Florida to train with Wanderlei).

dpatterson

Awards
Cool. My Bro lives in South Austin. Where is the Comp in Conroe? I am down there all the time. We have offices there.

DP

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Going around to see who else is in the PAL contest. Looking like you're in pretty solid shape already. Good luck.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
It is good, but it was a hell of a scare. I took a few days off and the pain went away.
good news my friend, pumped bout the next fight and to see how incarnate helps with training, best of luck!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good news my friend, pumped bout the next fight and to see how incarnate helps with training, best of luck!
I already feel as though the BA is starting to help out, especially in the later rounds during my conditioning and sprints. I am really excited to see my result as the BA continues to build-up in my system.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I already feel as though the BA is starting to help out, especially in the later rounds during my conditioning and sprints. I am really excited to see my result as the BA continues to build-up in my system.
im a huge ba fan, before Incarnate I used bulk, but definetly like getting the cissus with it, kill 2 birds with one stone kinda thing

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had BJJ yesterday and I did not get winded at all during my matches, got my ass kicked by a brown belt, but I didn't get tired. I did sprints yesterday and I changed up my format. Instead of 90 seconds rest I had only 30 and I wanted to see how many I could. Well at 11 MPH on a 5% grade, I was able to do 8 and I probably could have done more, but I was starting to get some discomfort in my knee. I will say that it was a very long 8 minutes...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how many seconds do you sprint for?
30 seconds. I am trying to increase my lactic acid threshold to help me push past those moments so when I need a little more power, I can bring it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Major Development!!!

Today was just like any other day except I got a call from my BJJ instructor (who has all of the connections in the Southwest) at about 1 PM. We were just BSing around and then he started to ask about weight, my injuries, and my conditioning. I was a little confused as to what was up and then he asked me if I wanted to fight in 2 weeks. The competitor in me accepted the offer (plus I could REALLY use some extra cash) to fight on September 15 in Louisiana. So I have a little over 2 weeks to realy focus on cardio and strength. I am going to lift this week and next, but I am not going to the week leading up to the fight. I am still negotiating numbers as far as purse is concerned, but I will amke more this fight than I did last time.

Todays lifts

Cleans-185x6
DB Holds-90x30 sec, 100x20 sec

Sprints (8 intervals)
30 sec @ 11 MPH on 5% grade
30 sec @ 4 MPH on 5% grade

These were much tougher today, but I think it was because I wasn't as rested and I didn't quite eat enough.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tight. Glad to hear of your good fortune.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Dam, how did I miss this log? :think:

Lookin forward to the upcoming fight video.
Especially the part at the end where they hold your arm up! :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me, too; I was starting to panic because I had no clue how I was going to pay some things I needed to pay.
I got a few streetcorners opened up next week; some of my 'girls' are on vacation.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the fight, sounds like a great opportunity!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dam, how did I miss this log? :think:

Lookin forward to the upcoming fight video.
Especially the part at the end where they hold your arm up! :)
I can say that I am much better condition this time around, especially mentally. I have been waiting for this moment since May and now is my opportunity to kick some ass (or choke or punch or elbow, etc).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with the fight, sounds like a great opportunity!
Every fight is a great opportunity to not only get my name out there, but to lead to bigger and better things. I would love to make this my career, but I know that it takes time, effort, and a few good sponsorships.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I had BJJ yesterday and I did not get winded at all during my matches, got my ass kicked by a brown belt, but I didn't get tired. I did sprints yesterday and I changed up my format. Instead of 90 seconds rest I had only 30 and I wanted to see how many I could. Well at 11 MPH on a 5% grade, I was able to do 8 and I probably could have done more, but I was starting to get some discomfort in my knee. I will say that it was a very long 8 minutes...
Awesome news bro!

Can't wait to see the fight vid.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The past few days I have been crazy busy with training and negotiations on my purse. Yesterday's lifts

Flat BP- 135x15, 10, 8
DB Rows-110x10+5
Overhead Extensions-35x6+3+2
Hammer Curls-55x6+3+2
Overhead Press-115x10+8

I have switched to one working-set for most exercises and have started to use the rest-pause principle. Cardio has been very, very draining this week, and I am not sure why I am having a slight problem with my endurance, but my strength is climbing:think:. I am going to train only once today and take tomorrow off to try to rest up to start some heavy-duty training next week.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short lifting session today since this is my last week to lift until after the 15th.

Flat BP-185x5(PR)
BB Rows-285x8+4
Rear Delt Flys-35x15, 40x12x2

Strength was outstanding today and I am feeling much better today despite the horrible weather. I am going to spar this evening and will update after I am done with that.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the new PR.

Is that flat bench press 185lbs for 5 reps?