Super Cissus RX by USPLabs review

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This is just a generic review of Super Cissus RX that I tried out. I bought myself 2 bottles (90 pills for each bottle). I believe the cost was around 29.00 per bottle approx.
I've had bad tendonitis/joint pain lately, and heard about cissus' properties in helping the situation.

I started taking 5 pills/ED and have been till now.

Overall review: 8/10. Cissus helped reduce my tendonitis and some muscle pain. The keyword is: reduce. Cissus is not a mircle supplement, and its not an 'end all'. I need 5 pills everyday without exception in order to feel the effect I want to. Even at 3 pills/ED it is still not fully adequate for the effects I need towards my muscles/tendons. It is a decent supplement and has its benefits, but seeing that I go through an entire bottle in approx 2 weeks makes it impractical to me @ $29.99 per bottle. If it were cheaper with more pills I'd consider making it a permanent staple.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They do sell bulk Supercissus at NP, you know.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
After I bought 2 bottles I found out about the bulk. Lucky me.:frustrate

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How does bulk Super taste? I find NP's regular bulk cissus to taste pretty good, actually, can easily be taken mixed with water, but would rather use USP's (they got quality sh*t).

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
lol cracks me up so many people dpown bulk powder..cap it!!!! it takes 10-15 minutes at the most..use 00 or if u want to fit a whole gram into a cap use 000..nutra sells the caps/scale/capmquik's in a package

now you used 5 caps a day which would be the anabolic dosge not the therapeutic dosage 2 caps 3 max is what you wanna run for therapeutic..more then that lowers cortiso which would be counterproductive to relieving joint pain

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol cracks me up so many people dpown bulk powder..cap it!!!! it takes 10-15 minutes at the most..use 00 or if u want to fit a whole gram into a cap use 000..nutra sells the caps/scale/capmquik's in a package

now you used 5 caps a day which would be the anabolic dosge not the therapeutic dosage 2 caps 3 max is what you wanna run for therapeutic..more then that lowers cortiso which would be counterproductive to relieving joint pain
Yeah, but it's cheaper and less time consuming to stuff a measuring spoon in the tub and down it in a glass of water. I originally capped cissus, until I realized that I liked the taste and I don't like spending 20 minutes to make up another 100 caps.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How does bulk Super taste? I find NP's regular bulk cissus to taste pretty good, actually, can easily be taken mixed with water, but would rather use USP's (they got quality sh*t).
I had never actually tasted it, so I decided to throw a 1/4 tsp in my mouth a second ago. Let's just say that's not a great idea without water. It's not that bad though. It's much better than YG. :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had never actually tasted it, so I decided to throw a 1/4 tsp in my mouth a second ago. Let's just say that's not a great idea without water. It's not that bad though. It's much better than YG. :D
NEVER THROW A BULK HERB IN YOUR MOUTH DRY!!!!!

Most herb powders are VERY hygroscopic and they'll suck the moisture outta your throat, making for a very unpleasant experience. But yeah, I think it cissus tastes kinda good.

What is the % extract of bulk at np ?
5% ketosterols. It's not quite as good as the original CissusRX but it's $10 and you can find it somewhere. Original CissusRX was freaking bomb I loved the stuff, but I'm still yet to try SuperCissus.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Most herb powders are VERY hygroscopic and they'll suck the moisture outta your throat, making for a very unpleasant experience. But yeah, I think it cissus tastes kinda good.
NOW you tell me...:frustrate

:lol:

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established

5% ketosterols. It's not quite as good as the original CissusRX but it's $10 and you can find it somewhere. Original CissusRX was freaking bomb I loved the stuff, but I'm still yet to try SuperCissus.
np has super cissus in bulk .
Bulk Super Cissus RX (100 grams) By USPLabs

..20 bucks for 100 grams..and to each his own as far as capping goes 20 mins of capping saves me a lot of time and is very convenient as i have a hectic work schedule..i have ziplock bags full of YG caps and supercissus caps..took a hour a day and im good for months

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Capping, parachuting, adding it to a shake or just downing it like a man...

...the bulk SuperCissusRX is a pretty good deal.

Glad to hear it helped with the tendonitis.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably pick up it in bulk next time and throw it in with my shake. It works even better combined with glucosamine.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Is the bulk cissus the stuff at nutraplanet ? What's parachuting too ?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk supercissus is very unpleasant tasting, and is a real pain in the butt to ingest by adding to water. It has a very strong bitter taste which makes me gag, unlike the NP bulk cissus which as mentioned has a nice flavor to it. The bulk supercissus clumps up like crazy as soon as it hits water, or vice versa, and the clumps are pretty hard to break apart after. It's definitely a better idea to cap this one.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the bulk cissus the stuff at nutraplanet ? What's parachuting too ?
Yes

Wrapping a dosed out portion of the powder in one ply of toilet paper, and downing it like a pill.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
the link wojo put up is the supercissus...

parachuting is basically where you measure out your serving onto a small piece of a 1-ply tissue or there is a special kind of paper I can't think of off the top of my head and you wrap up the powder and twist the top and swallow it like a pill...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
it's a method adapted from drug users...

it's really easy and pretty convenient...anykind of thing paper that will be easily digest will work.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
swallowing toilet paper........hm.
wow, that facial expression on britney's face went perfectly with that post :toofunny:

Unused toilet paper is preferable in this case, but I tend to enjoy the taste of corn and nuts.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'll try it out. There are a bunch of different % of extracts of cissus. Does it really matter which % it is ?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Reaper, i found that at 2-3 caps a day to feel the joint relife it takes abuot 3 weeks to start working then its all good from there. Atleast for me it was.

Infact I was pissed after two weeks and I wasn't feeling anything but pain stil. Then subltey the pain went away and didnt have any shoulder/elbow problems from ball.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
DW-

I agree cissus helps out which is why I'm trying to find out a more economical way of buying it. I think I'm going to buy a bulk tub from nutraplanet. It seems to help my overall recovery. I actually stopped using glucosamine since I started cissus.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try it out. There are a bunch of different % of extracts of cissus. Does it really matter which % it is ?
That's the issue I have with a lot of the competator's and one of the things that makes Jacob cringe every time he loses another sale. The ketosterols are important, but there's also some important polysaccharides and essential vitamins/minerals that work synergystically to make cissus so kick-ass for your joints and tendons. Competator's keep trying to sell you with higher ketosterol content, but that's likely going to enhance the anabolic capabilities of Cissus rather than the whole "My Knees Feel Awesome!" factor. Personally, I think the "My Knees Feel Awesome!" factor is more effective than the whole anabolic scheme.

Just my opinion, but the lower% extracts are where it's at.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
can't they just make a blend of 5% and 20% ?

I figured it was the % extract that was tipping it towards theraputic or anabolic. PrimaForce sells some at 40%.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I figured it was the % extract that was tipping it towards theraputic or anabolic. PrimaForce sells some at 40%.
I'm sure they could, but it would be a hell of a lot cheaper/less time consuming to make 10%.

I've seen extracts go all the way up to 50%, but we have to keep in mind that the people putting it out might not know exactly what this will do, but know that people will want to buy it.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
you have to remember that more isnt always better,i have used prima's cissus but only noticed body comp changes no realy joint pain relief..i have used usplabs super cissus at 2 caps a dy and noticed a lot of relief..i have 2 herniated discs in my neck on top of a few other fun injuries in my arms from 2 car wrecks.my mother who needs a double knee replacements also used super cissus at 2 caps loved it.she was getting shots in her knees to help with pain but they ahd stopped working,so i suggested supper cissus,she was shocked at it was the only thing helping her(my parent own a business and she jsut cant drop everything ot go out for surgery so she has been delaying it,so super cissus is a godsend)

Arzi75

Awards

I had Dave from Palo Alto Labs answer this same question in another thread just some weeks back - his answer was that they chose the 20% extract for Incarnate as it is a perfect blend of both the joint and anabolic benefits, but went on to say that he has personally used all the extracts from 5% up to 40% and did not notice any difference in their joint health benefits.

But, yes, the consensus seems to be that the lower % extracts are better for joint support.

Curiously enough - every one keeps claiming that it is the % that decides the joint support-anabolic effects ratio - still the directions on the Super Cissus Rx clearly say that the type of effects that you get depend on the amount - "take 2 pills and it will heal your joints, but take 4 and your muscles start popping up". Hmmm.... :think:

Also I have not seen similar claims about the reputed fat-loss and cortisol suppression properties of Cissus or is all Cissus good for increasing your metabolism and cortisol suppression?

Does anyone, btw, know about the anabolic effects Cissus can have on your body - I have read stories about Cissus reputedly increasing your test levels, but also estro levels and at the same time lowering the cortisol levels etc - anyone seen any studies on Cissus and how it might affect the hormonal levels?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah cissus is supposed to have an anabolic effect in a high enough dose, although I'm not sure what its specific mechanism for making you 'anabolic' is.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think there's just one specific mechanism. Pretty sure it's more like a small barage. Think of it like anabolic carpet bombing. :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW-

I agree cissus helps out which is why I'm trying to find out a more economical way of buying it. I think I'm going to buy a bulk tub from nutraplanet. It seems to help my overall recovery. I actually stopped using glucosamine since I started cissus.
Yea I got that, I just was stateing it took some time for it too kick in at 2-3 caps a day. I think you said you had to dose 5 caps a day to get relife. I was under the impression you didnt wait out the 3 weeks at the lower dose, correct? When I hurt my shoulder I bumped to 5-6 per day and could really tell the recovery your talking about in only a few days.

Seems to me that if you ran at a low dose for a few months (2-3caps) and then when decideding to go on a hardcore cut/bulk to kick to (5-6 a day) and get real real good results. I dont know if thats what your thinking of I was just thinking out loud as I was typing. :lol:

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just get the incarnate that stuff kicks ass i get joint relieve,strenght thru the roof,and gain mucle while droping fat.but as you can see it did not help my spelling lol.just my two cents

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys, check this out:

Through much trial and error…not to mention costs…our research team has perfected the extraction process. This is crucial to getting results. Get the extract wrong and you might as well be swallowing dirt.

Here are the pics to prove it…

Notice how "bulk" Cissus is very dark and dirty, containing impurities and parts of the herb cissus quadrangularis that are useless to you. While the ultra-pure, pharmaceutical-grade SuperCissus RX™ is clean and lighter in color. This premium product is the result of our special extraction process. Each capsule of SuperCissus RX™ has more active ingredients that 20 capsules of the "bulk" stuff - without all the junk!

We have "juiced-up" SuperCissus RX™ so much that each capsule is loaded with only the crucial ketosterones that can help eliminate your joint pain, significantly reduce cortisol and increase anabolism through extremely powerful anti-catabolic properties!

USP Labs brought SuperCissus RX™ to America and we are the only ones who know how to extract the critical, powerful active ingredients.

As you know, this industry has many rip-off artists and "me-too" products. SuperCissus RX™ is THE ORIGINAL and the only way to guarantee you receive all of the benefits of this super herb.

Since the extract process is extremely detailed and exact, we produce Super Cissus RX™ in very small batches. This is to ensure pharmaceutical-grade quality and potency. In fact, our product is so fresh it's possible to be at your door less than 30 days after the Cissus Quadrangularis was harvested in India!
Hope this helps,

Dex :cool:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Bulk NP cissus looks more like your super-cissus pic. I'm not trying to discredit you in the least, but visuals are a poor means of determinining quality of a chemical.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
These claims of differing effects based on % strength are sales lies.

There is not one study out that support these claims.

Don't believe the hype, follow the evidence.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
RD, I've seen a few studies (pubmed type stuff) that have shown the differences in % to have different result.

But I am lazy, and I think sinner had them, so I'll check and see if he still does.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wasn't me, sorry bro. If I have some time later tonight, I can see if I can find anything.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
...I could've sworn it was you...my bad.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
lalala bulk cissus tastes HORRIBLE...

paracutting it works but i dont wanna do that. so im capping it.

and their comment about

20bulk cissus pills vs 1 supercissus pills. BULLCRAP.
if its true then something is wrong

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I've searched Pubmed, Scirus and Ixquick for any and all keywords and search terms related to Cissus that I can think of, the result has been nothing, nada, zip showing a difference in effect based on extract strength.

What we do have is User Testimonals saying USP's SuperCissus (10%) at 75mgs of Ketosterone per cap works for joint health, and so does Primaforces's (40%) 200mgs of the same, etc, etc, on varying strengths. Once a therapeutically sufficient per dose and per day level is reached it does it's job, all the rest is a sales pitch to promote a higher price per mg of active.

There is so so very much of this going on around this board, a lot of people around here need to get a healthy dose of skepticism and willingness to do their own research.

Please, somebody prove me wrong on this, my creaky joints would appreciate getting to the truth.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
RD, I'll take a look tonight...I'm about to call it a day.

But either way, it's gonna help your joints.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here, I couldn't find any studies comparing different purity extracts.

I did however find a listing of various other goodies inside Cissus Quadrangularis. So I mean, there's at least some other good things to come from it than just the 3-keto (BTW, if you know the full name for 3-keto I can see if googlescholar has anything on that).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17497424&ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
hey guys not sure if this is best thread to ask.but

i just got my bulk cissus in. and capping kits.

howmuch do i wanna be putting in and consuming daily?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can probably fit about 500mg or so in a nicely tampered cap.

You'll wanna take about 6 caps per day split into 2-3 doses.

This was one of the things I miss about not having CissusRx (original), is that their 5% gave the same effect with 4 caps per day (for me at least).

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
You can probably fit about 500mg or so in a nicely tampered cap.

You'll wanna take about 6 caps per day split into 2-3 doses.

This was one of the things I miss about not having CissusRx (original), is that their 5% gave the same effect with 4 caps per day (for me at least).
bulk cissus says 1/4 tsp = 700mg
size 00 is 700-900ms. so id wanna fill those right.

not the 0. 400-500? since i gotta take so many?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
just dump the powder in your protein shake dont cap da shet.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i fill 1 gram into 000..750 would fit nicely into 00..i dont use fillers..