Yellow Gold Quazi Log

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just figured I'd start a thread for myself to document my progress and feelings on YG. I just started last night and you can def feel it when you take it. And it makes you want to eat. Today will be my first workout day with a pre-YG dose before my meal. I will be doing Chest/Tri's this evening. I typically do 3 working sets of incline, 3 working sets flat, 3 sets flys, then move on to my tri's which consist of skullcrushers, weighted dips, and whatever else i feel like throwing in. My morning dose has been followed with oatmeal and 3 eggs, with two slices of wheat bread. I'll do my best to make updates to this, so feel free to ask any questions. Forgot to mention that even without working out, it makes your muscles feel full and pumped. Workouts must be insane, can't wait.

thestudbeast

Awards
Yellow gold strips gut bacteria so extended use is not a good idea in fact it's a real bad one. It also dulls the CNS so using it pre workout is not a good idea. It does fill the muscles out nicely though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yellow gold strips gut bacteria so extended use is not a good idea in fact it's a real bad one. It also dulls the CNS so using it pre workout is not a good idea. It does fill the muscles out nicely though.
Where are you getting this information?

thestudbeast

Awards
The active ingredient in yellow gold is berberine alkaloid. Currently, the predominant clinical uses of berberine include bacterial diarrhea, intestinal parasite infections, and ocular trachoma infections. It kills all good and bad bacteria and is supposed to have been shown to be more effective than antibiotics at this. This product has been used for 1000's of years across in the east so it's not that hard to find data on. However there has been little research done on berberine and humans so it's hard to tell if there are more serious long term side effects than these.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
The active ingredient in yellow gold is berberine alkaloid. Currently, the predominant clinical uses of berberine include bacterial diarrhea, intestinal parasite infections, and ocular trachoma infections. It kills all good and bad bacteria and is supposed to have been shown to be more effective than antibiotics at this. This product has been used for 1000's of years across in the east so it's not that hard to find data on. However there has been little research done on berberine and humans so it's hard to tell if there are more serious long term side effects than these.
Please post up some links to these clinical studies you have read. We would all like to read this.... I would like to see where you read anything about it being harmful and killing good bacteria..

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
maybe a moderator can move this to np or usplabs forums and a rep can respond as well.

i'd like to know what studies. what dosages. and more importantly was the berberine alkaloid actually used medincally for these purposes. and are we making an assumption because it was not studied long term on humans should not be consumed or is that backed up because obviously it is being used. i know that some of these very infections themselves can last (w treatment) for serveral weeks to a few months. how long has it been used for treating this. even creatine at one time had no data on long term use.

thestudbeast

Awards
I would like to see where you read anything about it being harmful and killing good bacteria..
Did'nt mean to give the impresion this product was perticulary harmful it would be hard to find anything showing it kills good bacteria but there's plenty showing it kills bacteria. I'll leave it to the makers to show it knows one from the other.

i know that some of these very infections themselves can last (w treatment) for serveral weeks to a few months
It's not toxic so if you have gastrointestinal diseases why not?

The moral of this is use a pro biotic with it

and more importantly was the berberine alkaloid actually used medincally for these purposes
Rabbani GH, et al., Randomized controlled trial of berberine sulfate therapy for diarrhea due to enterotoxigenic E. coli and Vibrio cholerae, Journal of Infectious Diseases 1987; 155(5): 979-984.
Kaneda Y, et al., In vitro effects of berberine sulphate on the growth and structure of Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia lamblia, and Trichomonas vaginalis, Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 1991; 85(4); 417-425.

Here's one showing it has no effect on blood sugar on healthy adults:

Ni Yanxia, et al., Therapeutic effect of berberine on 60 patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and experimental research, Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine 1995; 1(2); 91-95. - extract: berberine was administered orally at a dose of 300, 400, or 500 mg each time. A control group without diabetes was similarly treated, with no effect on blood sugar

Still as I said it fills out the muscles nicely so who really cares about studies and maybe it's not meant to effect insulin either way it does what it says, still you should be aware of what your consuming and it's potential effects.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I think one thing to note is that we do not know what extract is being used in YG and AP and prob PSlin. To say it doesn't have an effect on blood sugar I think is false because you can feel it shortly after you ingest it.

So far this product has been living up to its claims. I have been pounding down carbs and feeling great. Workouts haven't been any better yet but its only been 3 days. Fullness is great. And my post workout dose makes me sleep after I eat my meal. Great effect.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed strength gains as of yet, but my weight has increased by 1.5-2 lbs. The fullness you get is awesome and its virtually all day long. I've also been having much better sleep lately as well. I've been dosing 500g 3 times a day. Looking forward to seeing more weight gain and hopefully start seeing increases in strength as well.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Nothing really new to report. I do appear bigger and fuller which is great. Will check weight tonight to monitor any changes. So far i'm satisfied with my purchase

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 33
mstep Supplements 2
Supplements 2
kbayne Supplements 32
Distilled Water Supplements 21