Epistane FTW!!! (and my virginity!) LB's LOG!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. This may be the ultimate newbie question, but what's niacin got to do with Epistane? Does Epistane contain 500mg or 1g of niacin or what? Or do you just get a niacin flush from Epistane for some other reason?

    Nice log, liftbig.


  2. Man, I HATE Niacin flush!! Feels almost like an allergic reaction for me.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Arzi75 View Post
    This may be the ultimate newbie question, but what's niacin got to do with Epistane? Does Epistane contain 500mg or 1g of niacin or what? Or do you just get a niacin flush from Epistane for some other reason?

    Nice log, liftbig.
    ITS from the niacin in the Poseidon supplement.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by 45Caliber View Post
    Man, I HATE Niacin flush!! Feels almost like an allergic reaction for me.
    That's because it basically works like an allergic reaction! heh

    Histamines are released when you are allergic to something and also when niacin is present in high enough amounts. That causes the vessel dilation which makes the skin look red/pink, itchy, and even a little swollen.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    That's because it basically works like an allergic reaction! heh

    Histamines are released when you are allergic to something and also when niacin is present in high enough amounts. That causes the vessel dilation which makes the skin look red/pink, itchy, and even a little swollen.

    just being funny but then again it might be a legite question -
    would benedryl help?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    just being funny but then again it might be a legite question -
    would benedryl help?
    of course... but then it would be conterproductive... the increased vasodilation helps with the absorbtion of the rest of the vitamins and what not ill bet with poseidon.... why even take niacin if your only gonna take benedryl again to conteract the effects?

    unless it would still be benificial in other manners but you are a severe reactor to it?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    of course... but then it would be conterproductive... the increased vasodilation helps with the absorbtion of the rest of the vitamins and what not ill bet with poseidon.... why even take niacin if your only gonna take benedryl again to conteract the effects?

    unless it would still be benificial in other manners but you are a severe reactor to it?
    true.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Arzi75 View Post
    This may be the ultimate newbie question, but what's niacin got to do with Epistane? Does Epistane contain 500mg or 1g of niacin or what? Or do you just get a niacin flush from Epistane for some other reason?

    Nice log, liftbig.
    the niacin is in the poseidon...which i take 2 scoops 3 times a day....thanks for followin along

  9. I just started taking Poseidon-BA. Good stuff, extra tingle!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by liftitbig85 View Post
    the niacin is in the poseidon...which i take 2 scoops 3 times a day....thanks for followin along
    Oh yeah, try two scoops of Poseidon with 2 ounces of water

  11. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Oh yeah, try two scoops of Poseidon with 2 ounces of water
    is this a plot to kill me? damn xj...that's f*cked up

  12. Quote Originally Posted by 45Caliber View Post
    Man, I HATE Niacin flush!! Feels almost like an allergic reaction for me.
    You mean you don't like that feeling like your ears are about to spontaneously combust?! J/K (me neither, too much niacin is not fun!)

  13. Quote Originally Posted by liftitbig85 View Post
    is this a plot to kill me? damn xj...that's f*cked up
    LOL. I might get a minor flush, but if I want a serious flush, I rock the 2 scoops.

  14. Day 8

    this was an off day with my new w/o...felt good to just relax!!

    Day 9

    great! today (last night) i really felt good in the gym, like really good. i was doing dumbell shoulder press and my buddy told me to bump up to 75's on my last set and i was like haah f*ck that..not yet not yet (mainly because i've had shoulder surgery before, and because my left shoulder took a **** like a month ago) needless to say peer pressure got the best of me...i pumped out those 75's...8 damn times! man it felt so good...i was so pumped up! im really starting to feel this i think- almost positive. im already looking bigger, i can def. tell that. my diet is stayin pretty good too...tonight is another night- i hope i shred it up!

  15. I'm going to start posting my workouts...so im going to back up to starting this week....

    Aug. 13

    Wide grip decling machine 186x8 - 236x8 - 266x6
    flat BB bench press 135x8 185x8 225x4
    BB military press 135x8 165x8 185x5
    CG bench 135x8 155x8 175x6
    squat 95x8 135x8 185x8
    seated calve raise 60x9 90x8 120x8

    Aug 14

    BB bent over row 95x8 125x8 165x4
    wide grip lat pull down 120x8 140x8 165x5
    close grip lat pull down 120x8 140x8 165x4
    DB shrug 70x8 85x8 95x8
    DB curl 35x6 30x8 45x4
    hammer curl 35x8 40x8 40x8
    stiff leg deadlift 95x8 115x8 154x8


    Aug 16

    incline DB press 55x8 65x8 75x8
    DB shoulder press 50x8 65x8 75x8
    Skull crusher 55x8 60x8 70x6
    leg press 270x8 320x8 340x6
    leg press calf raise 90x8 110x8 180x8

  16. BB military press 135x8 165x8 185x5

    Very nice!

  17. Thanks for the detailed log, looking forward to my 1st run w/ epi later this year. Glad its workin for you

  18. Quote Originally Posted by liftitbig85 View Post
    the niacin is in the poseidon...which i take 2 scoops 3 times a day....thanks for followin along
    I'm following with especial interest as I have a feeling that I might soon lose my virginity to a good-looking bottle of Havoc that has been eyeing me - yeah, I mean totally checking me out, dude - for some time now.

    The only thing that is keeping me back is that I don't have any access to a SERM - do you think I might be able to pull off a cycle of Epistane/Havoc without a SERM in post cycle therapy?

    I live in Europe and you have to be a practicing M.D. or something before you can even think about laying your hands on stuff like SERMs.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I just started taking Poseidon-BA. Good stuff, extra tingle!
    They added the Beta-Alaine just to give it "extra tingle"? Geez, those freaks.

    Can't imagine going through the dreaded Beta-Alaine tickle while at the same time experiencing the famed Niacian flush - I bet you are itching all over, bro!

    Is there, btw, any liver toxicity issues with taking that much nicotinic acid (I presume it's nicotinic acid and not niacinamide because of the skin flushing one gets)?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Arzi75 View Post
    I'm following with especial interest as I have a feeling that I might soon lose my virginity to a good-looking bottle of Havoc that has been eyeing me - yeah, I mean totally checking me out, dude - for some time now.

    The only thing that is keeping me back is that I don't have any access to a SERM - do you think I might be able to pull a cycle of Epistane/Havoc without a SERM in post cycle therapy?

    I live in Europe and you have to be a practicing M.D. or something before you can even think about laying your hands on stuff like SERMs.
    You have got to be dumb or nuts to try and do both with no PCT. I mean if you hate your balls by all means proceed but oh crap man thats dumb.
    I also read Havoc is a bad idea as a first cycle. Havoc is harsh man, rethink it. I'm not sure and could be very very wrong but isn't Epi methylated? also Havoc?

    Arzi75 you have PM

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Arzi75 you have PM
    Thanks for looking out, Twitch!

    Hmmm, I thought Havoc is the same as Epistane, and I'm not going to take both, one or the other.

    The reason I have chosen Epi or Havoc is that from what I have read the sides are pretty non-existent?

    But the problem is that I am not sure if it is wise - even pulsing - to try to pull off either without a SERM?

    I was thinking along the lines of HDx2, 6-OXO or ATD for PCT, but I am not convinced if that is enough for either Havoc or Epistane.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Arzi75 View Post
    Thanks for looking out, Twitch!

    Hmmm, I thought Havoc is the same as Epistane, and I'm not going to take both, one or the other.

    The reason I have chosen Epi or Havoc is that from what I have read the sides are pretty non-existent?

    But the problem is that I am not sure if it is wise - even pulsing - to try to pull off either without a SERM?

    I was thinking along the lines of HDx2, 6-OXO or ATD for post cycle therapy, but I am not convinced if that is enough for either Havoc or Epistane.

    There was a recent thread opened about how bad ATD is in post cycle therapy. Ill try to grab it.
    Why ATD should never be used for post cycle therapy: new study

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    There was a recent thread opened about how bad ATD is in post cycle therapy. Ill try to grab it.
    Why ATD should never be used for post cycle therapy: new study
    I checked out the ATD thread - ok, let's forget the ATD - 6-OXO, maybe.

    Thanks, bro!

  24. looking good man. keep up the info!
  25. help


    Hey guys,
    im gonna be starting epi soon, well a few weeks after the hols. im gonna pulse it for 8 weeks.

    I am looking for a post cycle therapy that i can legaly buy in ireland.
    So would anabolic extreme advanced post cycle therapy be good enough or would i need more with it. nolva and all that are banned from coming through customs here.

    so help please. i really appreciate it. thanx.

    so it would look like this then i hope
    week 1-8 epi (pulse)
    week 8-12 jungle warfare or hyperdrolx2 (last day or 2 of epi)
    week 8-12 post cycle therapy ( ) please fill in the blank. HAHa.
    any help much appreciated. remember legal in ireland. thanx:good:

  26. Irish, Advanced P.C.T. or HDX2 either would be well suited for PCT, especially after an epi pulse. Not sure about the suppression qualities of JW, I hear mixed reviews about that and haven't tried it myself yet.
  27. cheers


    thanx d, i tried to email you back the other day from bn site but ur email isnt working. thanx for the help. i got confused because there are so many reviews and everyone has a different pct.

    one other thing, is there any alcohol allowed while on epi. ireland are in the rugby world cup starting soon and you know how that goes, if we do well it could lead to a few nights out. haha. fingers crossed.

    thanx again:good:

  28. Quote Originally Posted by liftitbig85 View Post
    I'm going to start posting my workouts...so im going to back up to starting this week....
    So any updates, or what? How's everything going?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    So any updates, or what? How's everything going?
    AHH yes...i've been SO crazy busy...got a new position at work and stuff...but i've been working out everyday...started at 40mg's yesterday...i will do a better update tonight or tomorrow with some lifts from the last couple days and feelings and such...thanks for followin along!!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by irish lifter View Post
    thanx d, i tried to email you back the other day from bn site but ur email isnt working. thanx for the help. i got confused because there are so many reviews and everyone has a different post cycle therapy.

    one other thing, is there any alcohol allowed while on epi. ireland are in the rugby world cup starting soon and you know how that goes, if we do well it could lead to a few nights out. haha. fingers crossed.

    thanx again:good:
    Having a drink or two (~20ml absolute ethanol or less) a night will not hurt, but if you get silly with it like at the rugby match, try to keep that to once weekly at the most.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 257
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
  2. Replies: 450
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 03:25 PM
  3. Starting epistane soon and not sure about my PCT
    By Afrochowder in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:57 PM
  4. Alpha Drive XL™ and My road to recovery Log
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
  5. My T-1 Pro cycle log and my questions...
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Log in
Log in