Gotta catch 'em all gotta catch 'em all

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Monster Energy Drink

I'm not sure how that g-string is holding up that can unless it is empty....anyways.

You really can't go anywhere anymore without seeing Monster. The company is in as many places now as Red Bull. They advertise heavily in those ESPN extreme sports. The very noticible 3 vertical stripes says it all. This is 1 of 2 drinks that I drink the most frequently. In my energy drinks I like to drink it as well as get energy. The 8 oz or less energy drinks are great for convience and the energy but I like to drink something in the morning. This can comes in 16 oz. It has a mild ginger ale taste to it. I'm not quite sure how to describe the taste, but it isn't bad or foul to any degree. I opt for the lo-carb so I can avoid all the unnecessary sugar with regular flavors.

Monster also has their huge XXL can which I believe is 24oz. I've also had some of those before as well. The reason why I drink Monster is because it is frequently on sale so I pick up a lot, there is sufficient liquid for me to drink, and I get a smooth controlled flow from it.

RATING: 7/10

Why ? Its reliable which is why I've drank it for so long. It does not have the balls to the wall effect that Endorush has, but when I am at the office I'd rather not have my balls on the wall. I need something a bit smoother and more mild. The pricing could be better, but of course they need to line the pockets of the people who advertise them which drives up the cost. It is something that gives me a push, not insane energy. I can rely on it. If I'm feeling that I need more they have the 'XXL' option which I like as well.

Editor's note: I lowered the rating of Monster to a 7. I grabbed a can and looked at the back. 'Meanest energy drink on the planet' is pretty out there. Reading that I'd expect it to kick my balls. It wasn't quite that hardcore.

p.s. Monster looks like beer if you pour it in a clear cup.

2. Rating criteria

Q: Reaper, your rating these drinks, but I don't understand what you are looking for or how you are coming about your ratings specifically ?

A: Well, that is a good question. There are several things that I look for when I grab an energy drink.

-What does it say on the bottle ? Fat burner ? Energy ? Mental Focus ?

-What is it claiming ? Just energy ? 5 hours of energy ? If it makes a bold claim it needs to hold up its end. That's not me setting any expectations, I'm just reading the bottle.

-What do I feel when I'm on it ? Is it just a sloppy stim buzz ? Is it smooth and controlled ? Is it straight raw ? Is there even anything ?

-Taste. Taste is a factor because as a consumer you have multiple individuals going to be using it. If food tasted like crap are you going to eat it again ? No. Same principle applies here.

-I also add any other side notes I notice.

Editors note: I have a tendency to rewrite some reviews, add, or delete items from time to time. I will put a note at the bottom of the review if I did and why.
    •   

3. i like this log. i was wondering the same thing PA pointed out about not resting btw drinks. id imagine doing them day after day might 1. wear you out or kill things in your body that allow you to judge properly or be effected properly. 2. glad your doing a 2/3 day split btw each drink mentioned.

and PA. even if reaper doesnt give a good review he might be a nonresponder. we all dont respond to everything the same. not pointing this really at you but ya know fair is fair.

some people cannot sleep if they drink coffee or soda in the PM but some can down a mug and go right to bed. everyones diff..

KEEPUP DA LOG. !!!!

4. Yeah that was a good point and I will change up the way I start taking the drinks. I don't have any problem with that. I have another Clear Shot that is chilling in the fridge. On Monday I'll take the whole bottle before I workout right out of the fridge. The liquid will be cold and on an empty stomach so I will get maximum absorption and get the most out of it. I'll write another seperate review again.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    that is zingerone. it is a thermogenic spice. thats the reason why many people say they feel it hit them almost immediately

sort of like how a shot of scotch hits your head almost immediately!!

the drink is not for wimps

p.s. i am working on giving it more ginger ale flavor.
    I was gonna say (before noticing your P.S.), wouldn't zinerone give it somewhat of a gingery sort of taste, since it's from ginger?
    •   

6. Rockstar Energy Drink

Rockstar Energy Drink is equally as popular as Monster and Red Bull. I can't go anywhere without seeing either of these energy drinks. They are in gas stations, bars, grocery stores, every damn place I look. This is the 2 of 2 drinks that I drink the most. If you look at the 2 smaller pictures of my cubicle you'll easily notice all the Rockstar and Monster energy drinks I've thrown up on that shelf.

Rockstar differentiates itself by going after a different audience. Monster is about extreme sports primarly. Rockstar is more about the party scene and tries to sell itself through sexual appeal. Hence the 'Party Like A Rockstar' slogan. I drink this energy drink like Monster because it is on sale quite frequently at the grocery store I go to. If I'm lucky I can pick up a pack where it equates to $2.00 for a 16 oz can. If I am extra lucky I'll get each can for $1.50.

My friend used to work for Rockstar for quite sometime. He introduced me by intitally giving me 500 cans for free. Since then I've been hooked and buy mainly the white can b/c it does not contain sugar. Rockstar is different than Monster in it has a more tart taste where Monster has a sweeter 'ginger' taste. I prefer the sugar free Rockstar over Monster's lo-carb. The ginger taste of Monster started to get to me after awhile, but I have not gotten sick of the Rockstar taste surprisingly. It is also 16oz, but has a much larger version at 24oz. The 16oz makes it a nice morning or traveling thing (I travel alot) in that I just take it and sip away.

Energy is the same as Monster. Nothing too overwhelleming. I would NEVER take Rockstar/Monster as pre-workout drinks, esp if I am looking at setting a PR in bench press or squats. Just doesn't have enough kick to it.

Rockstar has been advertising heavily by throwing 'Rockstar parties'. They came to my college several occasions and hit up my fraternity along with others and just give out their Rockstar for free. Usually there are always barely clothed women with thick t-tties that show up which I've always liked.

RATING: 8/10. I'm sure just about everyone on this planet has tried this. Same deal as Monster. Just enough energy to get through the morning. No, I don't feel like I'm a rockstar or partying like one while I'm drinking as the can indicates, but I'm always up for semi-nude/full-nude/slutty women anytime.
  7. Joker Energy Drink

Ok this one won't be too difficult to do. I tried Joker about a month ago and here's the review. The difference between Joker lo-carb and Monster lo-carb is that Monster has L-Carnitine in their propriety blend and Joker does not. Also Joker has Vitamin C and Monster does not. Whoop-de-do.

Same font on the can as Monster.

Smells like Monster, Looks like Monster, Tastes like Monster, Works like Monster.

So pretty much they sell the same thing in a different way, kinda like Muscle-Tech.

RATING: 8/10. Same thing as Monster. See above.
  8. GURU energy drink

Cool can, Guru is THE all natural energy drink. It's sold at all natural places like Wild Oats and Real Foods. The can is the 8.3 oz variety featuring mostly red, black and silver. Last week I went to Wild Oats, came across this drink and threw it into the shopping cart.

It is very interesting because it does not have any preservatives or fake additives. Another interesting note is that it contains no taurine. It contains echinacea is an herb which is supposed to help you fight off colds. It contains 125mg of NATURAL OCCURING CAFFEINE....so there was none intentionally injected into it. Has the regular other run of the stuff ginkgo, ginseng, guarana, etc. This literally is about as organic as an energy drink comes.

So how was it ? As you can expect it was (at least to me) quite mild. When I say mild I mean 1 can of pepsi mild, not mountain dew. I think it is also fair enough to say that it is quite comparable to 1 cup of coffee.

Now how about that taste ? I found it to be quite gross. It was over 1 week ago that I had this but if you were to take the taste of Patrick Arnold's Clear Shot, remove the tingle, and make it extremely sweet (like add 2 tablespoons of sugar) that's what it would taste like. At least Clear Shot's tingling Zingerone numbed my tounge somewhat to the taste. I bought 2 of these cans when I went to Wild Oats. The first one I drank and felt the mild stim. The second time I drank it I pinched my nose and gulped it down as fast as I could. I was innocent and I didn't deserve to endure that taste.

RATING: 2/10. Its all-natural so there is a reason why it was not very strong. The taste was unpleasant and surprisingly somewhat strong. Oh yeah and it was not cheap either. I think somwhere around $2.50-$2.60 a can for a very weak, all-natural stim. At least there was minimal calories involved.

p.s. I'm having a headache from caffeine withdrawl.

p.s.s. All energy drinks, in my opinion, need to be sugar-free or lo-carb. Why do you need that sugar just to spike your insulin then crash later ? Its not needed. I always try and buy those first but they are not always available. There's a reason why obesity is an epidemic today.

9. keep going keep going OMG

10. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    how many energy drinks do you usually consume per day? You're quite the connoisseur of the energy drink.
    Right now I have not drank anything since yesterday and will not till Monday per Patrick Arnold's request for another review of Clear Shot.

These ones I am reviewing now are ones I've tried already at some point in the past.

I've been drinking energy drinks probably off and on for atleast 3-4 years..so like since 2003...primarily when I was in college. I would have one here or there, typically Rockstar or Red Bull, but not that often since I was not working at the time. I remember when it was just Red Bull and that was it. I've really been doing it for quite some time now so I know what to expect/not to expect. These energy drinks have multipled like a bunch of pregnant teenage girls getting knocked up.

My per usage is typically 2 each day.

-(1) morning when I get to the office, I open one up and sip on it in my cubicle while I work on some case files and dingle on anabolicminds.com

-(2) A little after lunch. I take lunch @ 11:30-12:30pm and usually pop one open around 1:00pm and sip on it then.

I occassionally use pre-workout stims, but 95% of the time I don't since I workout late in the evening and I'd be up all night. So yeah if I have a really boring meeting or something I'll drink Endorush.

Supplement energy drinks like Clear Shot, Endorush, Spike Shooter, etc, stuff you can get at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe that are more exclusive I expect more from and usually give me more punch.

The typical bullsh-t stuff you buy at the gas station/grocery store like Monster, Rockstar, etc is usually the same regurgitated bullsh-t formulas. Red Bull is the only one that has some 'kick' to it. I dunno about wings though.

I take hiatuses from energy drinks from time to time to let myself recomp.

11. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I was told by one of my friends (after he had returned from a europe trip) that the Red Bull sold in the states is a mellowed down version of the original formula (due to US laws and regulations). Do you know anything about this rumor?
    not sure if US version is weaker. BUT ITS NOT THE ORIGINAL !

i dont know anything more then that

12. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I was told by one of my friends (after he had returned from a europe trip) that the Red Bull sold in the states is a mellowed down version of the original formula (due to US laws and regulations). Do you know anything about this rumor?
    thesinner-

I really don't know for certain the differences between the european version and the american version. I tend to believe it to be true. There was a huge scare over glucuronolactone and its potential harmful effects on the liver. This was later on proven to just be a urban legend.

The main reason why I believe that rumor to be true is there was some deaths speculated around Red Bull. The USA likes to jump the gun on things and draw immediate conclusions without sufficient evidence. For example the whole Chris Benoit thing, its all steroids, steroids, steroids, no matter what anyone says. I'm sure when this raised speculation someone in the FDA freaked out and had it tamed down a bit. nyc is correct. The Red Bull has changed several times from the original.

French ban on Red Bull (drink) upheld by European Court

I have an interesting story about my own personal expierence with Red Bull. When I was finishing up the second semester of my junior in college I was borderlining on several classes. I was deadset on getting the grades I wanted so I bought $100.00 worth of Red Bull. It was several cases of the 4 cans. Well, I was doing the whole cramming bit, etc, etc and I was probably ingesting 6-7 cans/ED. I feel that caffeine has a limit to how beneficial it is. If you use just enough then your good to go. If you overkill it then you just get this extremely sloppy stim and crash pretty hard later.

So yeah I was doing my thing and it got to the point where I either had a sloppy stim or no energy at all. I was pulling late-nighters, etc. I actually started seeing weird sh-t like the text on my exam moving around and the walls moving. After finals week was over I came down with a very bad fever and sickness that lasted 2.5 weeks. So yeah I'm glad I'm done with my undergrad. This was what I was taking that semester.

-Biochem
    -Organic chem
    -Physics
    -Human anatomy/physiology
    -Calculus
    -Radiology

I did well in all the classes except organic chem. I'll forever hate that subject.

13. I don't like to look at the ingredient list of an energy drink. I just drink it, see how it is, then afterwards turn it around and look at the back. If I look at the ingredients first its more likely to influence my opinion on it. I have a good idea how I'll feel from an energy drink when I drink it. A lot of them out there have propriety blends so that kinda keeps a 'guessing factor' in there.

For me 200mg of caffiene is the ceiling limit per dose. If I start taking more than that in one sitting it starts to work against me. The Monster/Rockstar have 2x (80mg)= 160mg of caffeine. Not a ball buster but a good enough blend for me.

I am 5'9 @ 180lbs so I think I am the 'average man' in terms of statistics.

I only have (2) energy drinks each day, but if I were to have (3) then 160mg x 3= 480mg

My caffeine intake usually does not exceed 500mg per day. Once in a great while I might venture upwards to 600mg from the E/C/A stack, but that's usually it. For my size there's no need to be taking in more than 500mg daily. If you are like my stats and taking in more than 500mg your CNS system is probably burned out or blunted from its effects b/c for me that's an overkill. If I start getting to that point its time to lay off.

If your Fat Joe, Big Pun, Biggie Smalls, or Rosie O' Donnell then they probably can handle 5,000g of caffeine/ED

14. In 1982, Dietrich Mateschitz learned about so-called “tonic drinks”, which enjoyed wide popularity in Asia. While he was sitting sitting in the bar at the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong he got the idea of marketing those particular functional drinks outside Asia. This was not a new idea, but a variation on the Lucozade theme, another popular energy drink marketed by Smith Kline Beecham. However, Red Bull included other ingredients to achieve a different flavour.

So it was that in 1984, Mateschitz founded the Red Bull GmbH company. He fine-tuned the product, developed a unique marketing concept and started selling Red Bull Energy Drink on the Austrian market in 1987. Red Bull rapidly gained in popularity, giving people wings right from the start. In 1992, Red Bull touched down in its first foreign market, in Hungary. Today, Red Bull is energizing over 100 countries around the globe, such that many superstores have copied the idea with their own brand products, which invariably are inferior in one aspect or another.

Red Bull energy drink original alu can

Red Bull Energy Drink
    Category: US Energy Drinks; Packaging: 8.3 oz can

While our opinion on Red Bull's flavor hasn't changed -- it is truly painful to drink -- we will give Red Bull credit where credit is due. Namely, the brand power that this product has created is truly amazing. Many people in the industry may hate Red Bull, but without Red Bull there wouldn't even be a market for the other 150+ products currently crowding the shelves. However, Red Bull faces some potential bumps in the road in the coming 24 months. First, the product has completely oversaturated the market -- Red Bull is in just about anywhere that you can fit a mini-cooler as well as mass merchandisers, bike shops, bars, etc, etc, etc. This could result in Red Bull becoming passe by removing the "cool" factor that made the brand so successful. Second, while other companies are improving formulations, flavors, and packaging, Red Bull stays the same. Will consumers find something that truly works better? Third, from our point of view Red Bull has a less-than-stellar industry reputation -- and many people are praying for their demise as a result. Finally, given that Red Bull is a one trick pony (compared to others such as Coke and Pepsi), the party is in serious jeopardy if sales start to slump, a price war starts, or press over energy drink health concerns start to proliferate (hypothetically speaking). Overall, tremendous brand power right now, but does it have true staying power to last another 5 years as number one?

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8.3 fl. oz Servings per Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 0g Sodium: 200mg Protein: 0g Total Carbohydrates: 28g Sugars: 27g

Red Bull diet alu can

Red Bull Sugar Free
    Category: US Energy Drinks; Packaging: 8.3 fl oz can

(Second testing) When we first heard about Red Bull Sugar Free we were extremely intrigued. First of all, this is a real test for Red Bull in that this is their first product extension in the US. Second, when you take the sugar out of a medicinal tasting beverage like Red Bull, we weren't quite sure what to expect. The flavor is basically the same as the original but with artificial sweetener. Not very exciting. In addition, they used the same packaging as the original. Not very innovative. Overall, it's the same old stuff, but with a different sweetener. This being said, we don't think Red Bull passed the product extension test.

Ingredients: carbonated water, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone,caffeine, acesulfame k, aspartame, inositol, xanthan gum, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hcl, vitamin b12, artificial flavors, colors

Nutrition Facts: serving size 1 can; calories 10; fat 0g; sodium 200mg; total carb 3g; sugars og; protein less than 1g; niacin 100%; vitamin b6 250%; vitamin b12 80%; pantothenic acid 50%

Red Bull energy supplement 150 ml glass bottle

Red Bull Energy Supplement

Category: Int'l Energy Drinks; Packaging: 150ml glass

Right from the start, Red Bull Thai edition looks quite different than its US or European counterpart. Packaged in a 150ml glass bottle and labeled as a liquid vitamin supplement, the packaging definitely presents the product in a different light than the stock 8.2 oz can that energy drinks usually come in. As for the taste, the core flavor is the same as the other formulations, but this one is not carbonated and is much sweeter than the others. Not too mention that the taste is actually palatable. Overall, much better than the US formulation. Give it a try.

More than a billion cans of Red Bull are consumed each year. Responsibility for the unparalleled success of the world’s No. 1 energy drink is shared by the company's 1,850 employees, of whom around 200 work at Red Bull Headquarters in Fuschl am See, not far from Salzburg/Austria.

Red Bull is much more than a soft drink. It was made for moments of increased physical and mental stress and improves endurance, alertness, concentration and reaction speed. In short: it vitalizes body and mind. The effectiveness of Red Bull Energy Drink has been proven by a large number of scientific studies and is appreciated by many of the world's top athletes and drivers, opinion-leaders and hard-working people with active lifestyles.

15. I typed in Red Bull Health Risks, and found many results. I learned out that in 2000, an 18-year-old basketball player actually died after having four cans of Red Bull before a game, but the connection was inconclusive (meaning they couldn't prove it was the Red Bull that killed him). I also found that the Swedish National Food Administration investigated the drink after it was linked to the deaths of three consumers. Wow, how's that for 'giving you wings'? Also, it was linked to miscarrages, and pregnant women are advised not to drink it! Then I searched up Red Bull Health Benefits, but only found 2 or 3 sites compared to the many others I found on health risks.

ok so basically my friend found the original red bull which is called or came from Thai beverage called Krating Daeng. you can buy this in chinatown. hehe.

The origins of Red Bull are often disputed. The original Red Bull drink was developed in 1962 by Chaleo Yoovidhya, a Thai businessman, and sold under the name Krating Daeng (กระทิงแดง, Thai for Red Bull) by the company TC Pharmaceutical.[2] The recipe was based on Lipovitan, an earlier energy drink that had been introduced to Thailand from Japan. Krating Daeng sales soared across Asia in the 1970s and 1980s, especially among truck drivers, construction workers and farmers. Truck drivers used to drink redbull to stay awake during the long late night drive. The working class image was boosted by sponsorship of Thai boxing matches, where the logo of two red bulls charging each other was often on display.

The Thai product was transformed into a global brand by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur. Mateschitz was international marketing director for Blendax, a German toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag.[3] Between 1984 and 1987, Mateschitz worked with TC Pharmaceutical (a Blendax licensee) to adapt Krating Daeng for European audiences. At the same time Mateschitz and Chaleo founded Red Bull GmbH; each investing $500,000 of savings and taking a 49% stake in the new company. They gave the remaining 2% to Chaleo's son Chalerm, but it was agreed that Mateschitz would run the company.[4] Red Bull GmbH launched the “Austrian” version of Red Bull in 1987, which is carbonated and not as sweet as the original Thai recipe. It is the Austrian formula that has taken almost half of the US market for energy drinks, and up to 80% of the market in some other countries.

In addition to owning half of Red Bull GmbH, Chaleo and his son continue to market the original formula across Asia. In 2006, Forbes Magazine listed Chaleo as being the 292nd richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of over $2.5 billion[5] while Mateschitz was listed at number 317.[6]

The headquarters of Red Bull GmbH are located in Fuschl am See, Austria.

16. I've read about the fatality that occured over Red Bull. Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine. When I throw back a Rockstar/Monster that is 160mg of caffeine (2) Red Bulls, I ingest in probably 15-20 minutes. I've seen my friend slam 2 Rockstars right in front of me which would be equivalent to (4) Red Bulls. He didn't get too jittery or anything, just a caffeine buzz is all. I think that kid who died has some health complications.

Research shows lethal dose to be 150-200mg/kg bodyweight.
    This of course would all need to be ingested within the halflife of caffeine 4-6hrs. Here is a link that shows Darwin's theory of evolution in action:

The Tech - North Carolina Student Killed By Overdose of Caffeine Pills

Weird ass site I found:
    Death by Caffeine
  17. Bawls Energy Drink

Bawls energy drink. This is one of the old school energy drink. It was introduced in 1997. Came out after Red Bull, but well before Monster/Rockstar. I remember all these nerdy kids who played too many computer games my freshman year used to drink this. This is also a popular energy drink at LAN parties. LAN (Local Area Network) parties are where a bunch of guys get together in a room, get online and play a game. Usually if it gets hardcore enough there even will be sh.it talking going on....yeah over a computer game....uh, pretty damn serious I guess ? Bawls actually is called 'geek beer' by some people...yeah pretty serious there too.

I remember one kid told me that 'Bawls' was the highest caffeinated drink the FDA legally allows. I was told this my freshman year in college when I was only 17. 'Oh, wow ! I better not phuck with that then' I thought to myself. That was that. I've been having a hard time finding one as it is not just sold in the grocery store. After looking at a couple gas stations I finally found a bottle when I was out of town on business back in May '07 this past year. I got one, drank it, and waited.

So what's the deal ? Well the blue bottle is pretty cool and the little glass bumps make it ergonomically friendly to hold in my hand. It has a twist off cap. The taste is good. It is kinda sweet, but it has a plesant fruitful sweet taste.

The cost of Bawls is about $2.20 or something like that I don't remember so it is average for an energy drink. Too bad it didn't deliver. After remembering what I heard back my freshman year I was cupping my balls as I expected this insane rush to hit me. Unfortunately no such thing occured.

I got on the internet and checked the caffeine content. It is a measly 80mg of caffeine, althought I've also read it might actually be 72mg. Whichever. They claim its actually more hardcore since it is 'higher extract caffeine'. Again dosen't matter cuz it didn't do anything.

I don't have any response to caffeine unless it is over 120ish mg. Anything less than that I might as well drink water and voluntarly exert a placebo effect upon myself.

RATING: 2/10. I expected a bit more from the hype behind this but it didn't do ANYTHING. Just save yourself the trouble and drink a few cups of coffee. I'm not sure where this whole 'FDA legally allows' non-sense came in but that could not be further from the truth. Tastes good, neat bottle....and uh, that's about it. I find it asanine to have the name 'Bawls' for your drink when it delivers about as much punch as a low-budget porno.

Editor's note:

-less than $1.50 for an energy drink is a damn good deal

-between $1.50-$2.20 is average for an energy drink

-greater than $2.50 for an energy drink is expensive and better be pretty damn good for such a high price.

18. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post

I got on the internet and checked the caffeine content. It is a measly 80mg of caffeine, althought I've also read it might actually be 72mg. Whichever. They claim its actually more hardcore since it is 'higher extract caffeine'. Again dosen't matter cuz it didn't do anything.
    Extract concentrations are just a bunch of BS. It's blood concentration that' gonna give you that "kick"

That is seriously the lamest "boost up your product" claim, I've heard in a long while. Depeding upon what the caffeine is being extracted from, it is by no means difficult to get essentially pure caffeine. I've done so myself using lipton and the old school, 1980's method of decaffination (which has since been replaced by the less carcinogenic supercritical CO2 as the solvent).

19. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Extract concentrations are just a bunch of BS. It's blood concentration that' gonna give you that "kick"

That is seriously the lamest "boost up your product" claim, I've heard in a long while. Depeding upon what the caffeine is being extracted from, it is by no means difficult to get essentially pure caffeine. I've done so myself using lipton and the old school, 1980's method of decaffination (which has since been replaced by the less carcinogenic supercritical CO2 as the solvent).
    Yeah as I noted in there I agree. I assumed the differences between caffeine is purity in the caffeine that is extracted and potentially the impurities within it. I didn't really understand/believe that there is caffeine that is 'more concentrated'. At any rate the drink was weak/sucked.
  20. Red Jak Energy Drink

Red Jak is made by North America Beverages. They used to have the original can that was all black. I am only familar with the one shown in the picture, however, I went to a gas station the other day and I saw their black/red can of Red Jak. Maybe they might be bringing the original back. The current picture is not the original one. In fact, now that I think of it, I'll go pick up that black looking can too sometime since it is out.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe Red Jak's taste. It is sort of a tart cherry taste with a tint of musty ass. That's one thing that I noticed when I smell/drink Red Jak is it seems somewhat musty. I'm not really fond of this taste, it just leave a gross taste in my mouth after I am done drinking it.

There is no amount of caffeine being shown, but judging from how I 'feel on it' I'm going to speculat that it is around 120-140mg of caffeine which seems to be standard in non-stated caffeine quantities.

One thing I want to note about Red Jak is it contains 1,894mg (2x 947mg) of taurine. Most standard energy drinks come with 2,000mg of Taurine like Rockstar/Monster, so they should give themselves a round of applause for nickle and diming the difference between theirs and the other drinks out there. Sounds like cheap phucks if you ask me.

RATING: 1/10. I like the handprint on the can that's kinda neat. Drink is weaker than Rockstar/Monster. The taste reminds me of musty ass and it costs around the same amount as Rockstar/Monster. The caffeine quantity is not disclosed by the company, but it most likely contains 120mg-140mg if not even something less than that. This is one of the more 'below average' energy drinks I've came across.
  21. ......Lost Perfect 10 energy drink

This is also going to be really easy as well. My girlfriend bought this yesterday and started drinking it. 'Hm, this tastes familiar', she said. I told her to let me take a sip of it. I did and lo' and behold it is a Monster clone. She finished the rest of it so I don't break my caffeine withdrawl. I was quite pissed because the Joker can was somewhat noticeable, but this Lost Perfect 10 can looked like it was something new. The whole damn thing is Monster. Same ingredients, same everything. Wow Monster is the Muscle-Tech of energy drinks. It makes me wonder now how many clones they got out there.

RATING: 0/10. See 'Joker' review
  22. Amusing story

Yesterday I got one of my friends to try Endorush. I told him to let it sit in the fridge so it gets really cold, then on an empty stomach pop back half the bottle really quickly. (The cold is to get maximum absorption in the shortest period of time in case you didn't know). He did then we went to the gym to go workout. After about 10 minutes he said he was feeling pretty good and we were doing knocking out sets,etc. After about another 10 mins (20 after we started) he finished a set of squats, ran over to the trash can and started dry heaving. After about the 5th dry heave he finally puked up some liquid. I'm not going to even speculate what that was. (he's 6'2" 220lbs).

I asked him if he was fine, he said 'yeah' he was just feeling extremely dizzy earlier. He actually got back in and we finished our workout. Lol now he only drink 1/4 the bottle at a time.......puzzy.

23. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I've read about the fatality that occured over Red Bull. Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine. When I throw back a Rockstar/Monster that is 160mg of caffeine (2) Red Bulls, I ingest in probably 15-20 minutes. I've seen my friend slam 2 Rockstars right in front of me which would be equivalent to (4) Red Bulls. He didn't get too jittery or anything, just a caffeine buzz is all. I think that kid who died has some health complications.
    doesnt Red bull come in a tiny can? (as compared to monster and the other drinks) if you were to drink the same ammount of redbull vs one of the big monster cans the caffeine in it would probably be greater.

my favorite energy drink is Xenergy, it tastes pretty good and i can get them for about 3 bucks CDN each.

24. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post

One thing I want to note about Red Jak is it contains 1,894mg (2x 947mg) of taurine. Most standard energy drinks come with 2,000mg of Taurine like Rockstar/Monster, so they should give themselves a round of applause for nickle and diming the difference between theirs and the other drinks out there. Sounds like cheap phucks if you ask me.
    it sounds like their cheap-asses, but it more likely for the following reasons:

They used a nice round number of taurine in the recipe, but when all the other ingredients are thrown in, it becomes swayed like that.

106mg of extra taurine is likely not going to give you any more noticeable affect, it is possible that the other companies round off their numbers.

25. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    it sounds like their cheap-asses, but it more likely for the following reasons:

They used a nice round number of taurine in the recipe, but when all the other ingredients are thrown in, it becomes swayed like that.

106mg of extra taurine is likely not going to give you any more noticeable affect, it is possible that the other companies round off their numbers.

sinner-

I agree that the 106mg of taurine probably won't make a difference, it is actually quite a small amount. I didn't think about the other companies rounding their taurine numbers to 2000mg since the quantity difference is so small. I'm not sure that is just speculation, I'm just reading the can.
  26. Clear Shot (part 2)

Earlier in my log I purchased (2) Clear Shots and drank one with less than stellar results. This time I gave it a 4 day hiatus without caffeine and tried Ergopharm's Clear Shot again this morning when I woke up. I took the Clear Shot out of the fridge and tossed the bottle back on an empty stomach and hit the gym right afterwards.

I gotta say I'm extremely impressed with how the space between the last drink and this one turned out. As I stated before I'll be doing one drink then 2 days off, etc, etc.

Moving forward, the taste is still the same taste. If any of you have drank a Clear Shot you know what I mean I don't have to describe it. It is pretty crazy how the thermogenic feeling hits right away. This actually happened last time as well, it just floods your body with this warm feeling like a shot of Bacardi 151.

Nootropic: Clear Shot works pretty damn amazing as a mental enhancement/nootropic. I had a good expierence with Clear Shot as an nootropic last time and it seemed like this time was even better. I had good focus while I was lifting and it was extremely clean. This would have been awesome for me during finals week when I was in college.

Energywise: Clear Shot is the cleanest energy I've felt from an energy drink so far. It is not brute force like Endorush, but at the same time it was still a pretty decent drive. I'm EXTREMELY surprised how clean it was off of 250mg caffeine (whole bottle) especially for me early in the morning. I had no crash from using this.

Thermogenic: Clear shot had me sweating more than I usually did when I lift. I was actually sweating pretty damn hard while doing chest/bench press this morning. I'm not sure if this is to actually also facilitate fat loss or just a 'cool feeling effect', but either way it seemed to really put its effect on me.

Pros:
    -Good, clean energy
    -Great Nootropic
    -Good thermogenic feeling

Cons:
    -Taste..again..rubbing alcohol+dijon mustard.
    -Price. If you see the thumbnail below that's how much it would cost from Nutraplanet.com to get a pack of 12 Clear Shots to my place since I can't just go to the store and buy them. Very expensive.

Ok so to me including S&H: $41.95/12 = $3.49 PER BOTTLE !?

RATING: 8.5/10. Clear Shot was much better second time I used it. I probably had some blunted tolerance prior to usage of Clear Shot so the timely hiatus made a difference. The quality of the energy is very good, I had no side effects like trouble breathing, crashing, or headaches. Nothing. The taste is nasty beyond belief, but that's about it. Something needs to be done about that ungodly price too. Overall it is a good product with the exception of taste and price which I think Patrick should not have any issue conquering those 2 aspects.

-1 Price
    -.5 Taste
    = 8.5 score

Since I cannot buy this at GNC/Vitamin Shoppe that means I have to order it online and pay for shipping and handling. Since I have to do a special online order, to me that is essentially like paying extra for the drink. In fact, the 2 Clear Shots from Nutraplanet.com cost me damn near $10.00 for 2 !? That's ridiculous......actually now that I think of it, each one individually is like $3.80ish x 2 + S&H so I think it was even more than that. Like $13-$14ish.

Up until now:

-Better quality energy: Clear Shot
    -More brute raw energy: Endorush

27. i thought you were taking 2 days off between drinks?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Triceps! Post em if you got em!
    By 0071982WC in forum Pics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
  2. Got abs??? Post em if you got em!
    By 0071982WC in forum Pics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
  3. Why do all people @ bb.com all say they're natural
    By ShapiroMD in forum General Chat