Gotta catch 'em all gotta catch 'em all

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

how many energy drinks do you usually consume per day? You're quite the connoisseur of the energy drink.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    how many energy drinks do you usually consume per day? You're quite the connoisseur of the energy drink.
    Right now I have not drank anything since yesterday and will not till Monday per Patrick Arnold's request for another review of Clear Shot.

These ones I am reviewing now are ones I've tried already at some point in the past.

I've been drinking energy drinks probably off and on for atleast 3-4 years..so like since 2003...primarily when I was in college. I would have one here or there, typically Rockstar or Red Bull, but not that often since I was not working at the time. I remember when it was just Red Bull and that was it. I've really been doing it for quite some time now so I know what to expect/not to expect. These energy drinks have multipled like a bunch of pregnant teenage girls getting knocked up.

My per usage is typically 2 each day.

-(1) morning when I get to the office, I open one up and sip on it in my cubicle while I work on some case files and dingle on anabolicminds.com

-(2) A little after lunch. I take lunch @ 11:30-12:30pm and usually pop one open around 1:00pm and sip on it then.

I occassionally use pre-workout stims, but 95% of the time I don't since I workout late in the evening and I'd be up all night. So yeah if I have a really boring meeting or something I'll drink Endorush.

Supplement energy drinks like Clear Shot, Endorush, Spike Shooter, etc, stuff you can get at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe that are more exclusive I expect more from and usually give me more punch.

The typical bullsh-t stuff you buy at the gas station/grocery store like Monster, Rockstar, etc is usually the same regurgitated bullsh-t formulas. Red Bull is the only one that has some 'kick' to it. I dunno about wings though.

I take hiatuses from energy drinks from time to time to let myself recomp.
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I was told by one of my friends (after he had returned from a europe trip) that the Red Bull sold in the states is a mellowed down version of the original formula (due to US laws and regulations). Do you know anything about this rumor?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I was told by one of my friends (after he had returned from a europe trip) that the Red Bull sold in the states is a mellowed down version of the original formula (due to US laws and regulations). Do you know anything about this rumor?
    not sure if US version is weaker. BUT ITS NOT THE ORIGINAL !

i dont know anything more then that
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

thesinner-

I really don't know for certain the differences between the european version and the american version. I tend to believe it to be true. There was a huge scare over glucuronolactone and its potential harmful effects on the liver. This was later on proven to just be a urban legend.

The main reason why I believe that rumor to be true is there was some deaths speculated around Red Bull. The USA likes to jump the gun on things and draw immediate conclusions without sufficient evidence. For example the whole Chris Benoit thing, its all steroids, steroids, steroids, no matter what anyone says. I'm sure when this raised speculation someone in the FDA freaked out and had it tamed down a bit. nyc is correct. The Red Bull has changed several times from the original.

French ban on Red Bull (drink) upheld by European Court

I have an interesting story about my own personal expierence with Red Bull. When I was finishing up the second semester of my junior in college I was borderlining on several classes. I was deadset on getting the grades I wanted so I bought $100.00 worth of Red Bull. It was several cases of the 4 cans. Well, I was doing the whole cramming bit, etc, etc and I was probably ingesting 6-7 cans/ED. I feel that caffeine has a limit to how beneficial it is. If you use just enough then your good to go. If you overkill it then you just get this extremely sloppy stim and crash pretty hard later.

So yeah I was doing my thing and it got to the point where I either had a sloppy stim or no energy at all. I was pulling late-nighters, etc. I actually started seeing weird sh-t like the text on my exam moving around and the walls moving. After finals week was over I came down with a very bad fever and sickness that lasted 2.5 weeks. So yeah I'm glad I'm done with my undergrad. This was what I was taking that semester.

-Biochem
    -Organic chem
    -Physics
    -Human anatomy/physiology
    -Calculus
    -Radiology

I did well in all the classes except organic chem. I'll forever hate that subject.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

I don't like to look at the ingredient list of an energy drink. I just drink it, see how it is, then afterwards turn it around and look at the back. If I look at the ingredients first its more likely to influence my opinion on it. I have a good idea how I'll feel from an energy drink when I drink it. A lot of them out there have propriety blends so that kinda keeps a 'guessing factor' in there.

For me 200mg of caffiene is the ceiling limit per dose. If I start taking more than that in one sitting it starts to work against me. The Monster/Rockstar have 2x (80mg)= 160mg of caffeine. Not a ball buster but a good enough blend for me.

I am 5'9 @ 180lbs so I think I am the 'average man' in terms of statistics.

I only have (2) energy drinks each day, but if I were to have (3) then 160mg x 3= 480mg

My caffeine intake usually does not exceed 500mg per day. Once in a great while I might venture upwards to 600mg from the E/C/A stack, but that's usually it. For my size there's no need to be taking in more than 500mg daily. If you are like my stats and taking in more than 500mg your CNS system is probably burned out or blunted from its effects b/c for me that's an overkill. If I start getting to that point its time to lay off.

If your Fat Joe, Big Pun, Biggie Smalls, or Rosie O' Donnell then they probably can handle 5,000g of caffeine/ED
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.64%

In 1982, Dietrich Mateschitz learned about so-called “tonic drinks”, which enjoyed wide popularity in Asia. While he was sitting sitting in the bar at the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong he got the idea of marketing those particular functional drinks outside Asia. This was not a new idea, but a variation on the Lucozade theme, another popular energy drink marketed by Smith Kline Beecham. However, Red Bull included other ingredients to achieve a different flavour.

So it was that in 1984, Mateschitz founded the Red Bull GmbH company. He fine-tuned the product, developed a unique marketing concept and started selling Red Bull Energy Drink on the Austrian market in 1987. Red Bull rapidly gained in popularity, giving people wings right from the start. In 1992, Red Bull touched down in its first foreign market, in Hungary. Today, Red Bull is energizing over 100 countries around the globe, such that many superstores have copied the idea with their own brand products, which invariably are inferior in one aspect or another.

Red Bull energy drink original alu can

Red Bull Energy Drink
    Category: US Energy Drinks; Packaging: 8.3 oz can

While our opinion on Red Bull's flavor hasn't changed -- it is truly painful to drink -- we will give Red Bull credit where credit is due. Namely, the brand power that this product has created is truly amazing. Many people in the industry may hate Red Bull, but without Red Bull there wouldn't even be a market for the other 150+ products currently crowding the shelves. However, Red Bull faces some potential bumps in the road in the coming 24 months. First, the product has completely oversaturated the market -- Red Bull is in just about anywhere that you can fit a mini-cooler as well as mass merchandisers, bike shops, bars, etc, etc, etc. This could result in Red Bull becoming passe by removing the "cool" factor that made the brand so successful. Second, while other companies are improving formulations, flavors, and packaging, Red Bull stays the same. Will consumers find something that truly works better? Third, from our point of view Red Bull has a less-than-stellar industry reputation -- and many people are praying for their demise as a result. Finally, given that Red Bull is a one trick pony (compared to others such as Coke and Pepsi), the party is in serious jeopardy if sales start to slump, a price war starts, or press over energy drink health concerns start to proliferate (hypothetically speaking). Overall, tremendous brand power right now, but does it have true staying power to last another 5 years as number one?

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8.3 fl. oz Servings per Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories: 110 Total Fat: 0g Sodium: 200mg Protein: 0g Total Carbohydrates: 28g Sugars: 27g

Red Bull diet alu can

Red Bull Sugar Free
    Category: US Energy Drinks; Packaging: 8.3 fl oz can

(Second testing) When we first heard about Red Bull Sugar Free we were extremely intrigued. First of all, this is a real test for Red Bull in that this is their first product extension in the US. Second, when you take the sugar out of a medicinal tasting beverage like Red Bull, we weren't quite sure what to expect. The flavor is basically the same as the original but with artificial sweetener. Not very exciting. In addition, they used the same packaging as the original. Not very innovative. Overall, it's the same old stuff, but with a different sweetener. This being said, we don't think Red Bull passed the product extension test.

Ingredients: carbonated water, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone,caffeine, acesulfame k, aspartame, inositol, xanthan gum, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hcl, vitamin b12, artificial flavors, colors

Nutrition Facts: serving size 1 can; calories 10; fat 0g; sodium 200mg; total carb 3g; sugars og; protein less than 1g; niacin 100%; vitamin b6 250%; vitamin b12 80%; pantothenic acid 50%

Red Bull energy supplement 150 ml glass bottle

Red Bull Energy Supplement

Category: Int'l Energy Drinks; Packaging: 150ml glass

Right from the start, Red Bull Thai edition looks quite different than its US or European counterpart. Packaged in a 150ml glass bottle and labeled as a liquid vitamin supplement, the packaging definitely presents the product in a different light than the stock 8.2 oz can that energy drinks usually come in. As for the taste, the core flavor is the same as the other formulations, but this one is not carbonated and is much sweeter than the others. Not too mention that the taste is actually palatable. Overall, much better than the US formulation. Give it a try.

More than a billion cans of Red Bull are consumed each year. Responsibility for the unparalleled success of the world’s No. 1 energy drink is shared by the company's 1,850 employees, of whom around 200 work at Red Bull Headquarters in Fuschl am See, not far from Salzburg/Austria.

Red Bull is much more than a soft drink. It was made for moments of increased physical and mental stress and improves endurance, alertness, concentration and reaction speed. In short: it vitalizes body and mind. The effectiveness of Red Bull Energy Drink has been proven by a large number of scientific studies and is appreciated by many of the world's top athletes and drivers, opinion-leaders and hard-working people with active lifestyles.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.64%

I typed in Red Bull Health Risks, and found many results. I learned out that in 2000, an 18-year-old basketball player actually died after having four cans of Red Bull before a game, but the connection was inconclusive (meaning they couldn't prove it was the Red Bull that killed him). I also found that the Swedish National Food Administration investigated the drink after it was linked to the deaths of three consumers. Wow, how's that for 'giving you wings'? Also, it was linked to miscarrages, and pregnant women are advised not to drink it! Then I searched up Red Bull Health Benefits, but only found 2 or 3 sites compared to the many others I found on health risks.

ok so basically my friend found the original red bull which is called or came from Thai beverage called Krating Daeng. you can buy this in chinatown. hehe.

The origins of Red Bull are often disputed. The original Red Bull drink was developed in 1962 by Chaleo Yoovidhya, a Thai businessman, and sold under the name Krating Daeng (กระทิงแดง, Thai for Red Bull) by the company TC Pharmaceutical.[2] The recipe was based on Lipovitan, an earlier energy drink that had been introduced to Thailand from Japan. Krating Daeng sales soared across Asia in the 1970s and 1980s, especially among truck drivers, construction workers and farmers. Truck drivers used to drink redbull to stay awake during the long late night drive. The working class image was boosted by sponsorship of Thai boxing matches, where the logo of two red bulls charging each other was often on display.

The Thai product was transformed into a global brand by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur. Mateschitz was international marketing director for Blendax, a German toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag.[3] Between 1984 and 1987, Mateschitz worked with TC Pharmaceutical (a Blendax licensee) to adapt Krating Daeng for European audiences. At the same time Mateschitz and Chaleo founded Red Bull GmbH; each investing $500,000 of savings and taking a 49% stake in the new company. They gave the remaining 2% to Chaleo's son Chalerm, but it was agreed that Mateschitz would run the company.[4] Red Bull GmbH launched the “Austrian” version of Red Bull in 1987, which is carbonated and not as sweet as the original Thai recipe. It is the Austrian formula that has taken almost half of the US market for energy drinks, and up to 80% of the market in some other countries.

In addition to owning half of Red Bull GmbH, Chaleo and his son continue to market the original formula across Asia. In 2006, Forbes Magazine listed Chaleo as being the 292nd richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of over $2.5 billion[5] while Mateschitz was listed at number 317.[6]

The headquarters of Red Bull GmbH are located in Fuschl am See, Austria.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

I've read about the fatality that occured over Red Bull. Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine. When I throw back a Rockstar/Monster that is 160mg of caffeine (2) Red Bulls, I ingest in probably 15-20 minutes. I've seen my friend slam 2 Rockstars right in front of me which would be equivalent to (4) Red Bulls. He didn't get too jittery or anything, just a caffeine buzz is all. I think that kid who died has some health complications.

Research shows lethal dose to be 150-200mg/kg bodyweight.
    This of course would all need to be ingested within the halflife of caffeine 4-6hrs. Here is a link that shows Darwin's theory of evolution in action:

The Tech - North Carolina Student Killed By Overdose of Caffeine Pills

Weird ass site I found:
    Death by Caffeine
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Bawls Energy Drink

Bawls energy drink. This is one of the old school energy drink. It was introduced in 1997. Came out after Red Bull, but well before Monster/Rockstar. I remember all these nerdy kids who played too many computer games my freshman year used to drink this. This is also a popular energy drink at LAN parties. LAN (Local Area Network) parties are where a bunch of guys get together in a room, get online and play a game. Usually if it gets hardcore enough there even will be sh.it talking going on....yeah over a computer game....uh, pretty damn serious I guess ? Bawls actually is called 'geek beer' by some people...yeah pretty serious there too.

I remember one kid told me that 'Bawls' was the highest caffeinated drink the FDA legally allows. I was told this my freshman year in college when I was only 17. 'Oh, wow ! I better not phuck with that then' I thought to myself. That was that. I've been having a hard time finding one as it is not just sold in the grocery store. After looking at a couple gas stations I finally found a bottle when I was out of town on business back in May '07 this past year. I got one, drank it, and waited.

So what's the deal ? Well the blue bottle is pretty cool and the little glass bumps make it ergonomically friendly to hold in my hand. It has a twist off cap. The taste is good. It is kinda sweet, but it has a plesant fruitful sweet taste.

The cost of Bawls is about $2.20 or something like that I don't remember so it is average for an energy drink. Too bad it didn't deliver. After remembering what I heard back my freshman year I was cupping my balls as I expected this insane rush to hit me. Unfortunately no such thing occured.

I got on the internet and checked the caffeine content. It is a measly 80mg of caffeine, althought I've also read it might actually be 72mg. Whichever. They claim its actually more hardcore since it is 'higher extract caffeine'. Again dosen't matter cuz it didn't do anything.

I don't have any response to caffeine unless it is over 120ish mg. Anything less than that I might as well drink water and voluntarly exert a placebo effect upon myself.

RATING: 2/10. I expected a bit more from the hype behind this but it didn't do ANYTHING. Just save yourself the trouble and drink a few cups of coffee. I'm not sure where this whole 'FDA legally allows' non-sense came in but that could not be further from the truth. Tastes good, neat bottle....and uh, that's about it. I find it asanine to have the name 'Bawls' for your drink when it delivers about as much punch as a low-budget porno.

Editor's note:

-less than $1.50 for an energy drink is a damn good deal

-between $1.50-$2.20 is average for an energy drink

-greater than $2.50 for an energy drink is expensive and better be pretty damn good for such a high price.
  11. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post

I got on the internet and checked the caffeine content. It is a measly 80mg of caffeine, althought I've also read it might actually be 72mg. Whichever. They claim its actually more hardcore since it is 'higher extract caffeine'. Again dosen't matter cuz it didn't do anything.
    Extract concentrations are just a bunch of BS. It's blood concentration that' gonna give you that "kick"

That is seriously the lamest "boost up your product" claim, I've heard in a long while. Depeding upon what the caffeine is being extracted from, it is by no means difficult to get essentially pure caffeine. I've done so myself using lipton and the old school, 1980's method of decaffination (which has since been replaced by the less carcinogenic supercritical CO2 as the solvent).
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Extract concentrations are just a bunch of BS. It's blood concentration that' gonna give you that "kick"

That is seriously the lamest "boost up your product" claim, I've heard in a long while. Depeding upon what the caffeine is being extracted from, it is by no means difficult to get essentially pure caffeine. I've done so myself using lipton and the old school, 1980's method of decaffination (which has since been replaced by the less carcinogenic supercritical CO2 as the solvent).
    Yeah as I noted in there I agree. I assumed the differences between caffeine is purity in the caffeine that is extracted and potentially the impurities within it. I didn't really understand/believe that there is caffeine that is 'more concentrated'. At any rate the drink was weak/sucked.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Red Jak Energy Drink

Red Jak is made by North America Beverages. They used to have the original can that was all black. I am only familar with the one shown in the picture, however, I went to a gas station the other day and I saw their black/red can of Red Jak. Maybe they might be bringing the original back. The current picture is not the original one. In fact, now that I think of it, I'll go pick up that black looking can too sometime since it is out.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe Red Jak's taste. It is sort of a tart cherry taste with a tint of musty ass. That's one thing that I noticed when I smell/drink Red Jak is it seems somewhat musty. I'm not really fond of this taste, it just leave a gross taste in my mouth after I am done drinking it.

There is no amount of caffeine being shown, but judging from how I 'feel on it' I'm going to speculat that it is around 120-140mg of caffeine which seems to be standard in non-stated caffeine quantities.

One thing I want to note about Red Jak is it contains 1,894mg (2x 947mg) of taurine. Most standard energy drinks come with 2,000mg of Taurine like Rockstar/Monster, so they should give themselves a round of applause for nickle and diming the difference between theirs and the other drinks out there. Sounds like cheap phucks if you ask me.

RATING: 1/10. I like the handprint on the can that's kinda neat. Drink is weaker than Rockstar/Monster. The taste reminds me of musty ass and it costs around the same amount as Rockstar/Monster. The caffeine quantity is not disclosed by the company, but it most likely contains 120mg-140mg if not even something less than that. This is one of the more 'below average' energy drinks I've came across.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

......Lost Perfect 10 energy drink

This is also going to be really easy as well. My girlfriend bought this yesterday and started drinking it. 'Hm, this tastes familiar', she said. I told her to let me take a sip of it. I did and lo' and behold it is a Monster clone. She finished the rest of it so I don't break my caffeine withdrawl. I was quite pissed because the Joker can was somewhat noticeable, but this Lost Perfect 10 can looked like it was something new. The whole damn thing is Monster. Same ingredients, same everything. Wow Monster is the Muscle-Tech of energy drinks. It makes me wonder now how many clones they got out there.

RATING: 0/10. See 'Joker' review
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Amusing story

Yesterday I got one of my friends to try Endorush. I told him to let it sit in the fridge so it gets really cold, then on an empty stomach pop back half the bottle really quickly. (The cold is to get maximum absorption in the shortest period of time in case you didn't know). He did then we went to the gym to go workout. After about 10 minutes he said he was feeling pretty good and we were doing knocking out sets,etc. After about another 10 mins (20 after we started) he finished a set of squats, ran over to the trash can and started dry heaving. After about the 5th dry heave he finally puked up some liquid. I'm not going to even speculate what that was. (he's 6'2" 220lbs).

I asked him if he was fine, he said 'yeah' he was just feeling extremely dizzy earlier. He actually got back in and we finished our workout. Lol now he only drink 1/4 the bottle at a time.......puzzy.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.82%

I've read about the fatality that occured over Red Bull. Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine. When I throw back a Rockstar/Monster that is 160mg of caffeine (2) Red Bulls, I ingest in probably 15-20 minutes. I've seen my friend slam 2 Rockstars right in front of me which would be equivalent to (4) Red Bulls. He didn't get too jittery or anything, just a caffeine buzz is all. I think that kid who died has some health complications.
    doesnt Red bull come in a tiny can? (as compared to monster and the other drinks) if you were to drink the same ammount of redbull vs one of the big monster cans the caffeine in it would probably be greater.

my favorite energy drink is Xenergy, it tastes pretty good and i can get them for about 3 bucks CDN each.
  17. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%

One thing I want to note about Red Jak is it contains 1,894mg (2x 947mg) of taurine. Most standard energy drinks come with 2,000mg of Taurine like Rockstar/Monster, so they should give themselves a round of applause for nickle and diming the difference between theirs and the other drinks out there. Sounds like cheap phucks if you ask me.
    it sounds like their cheap-asses, but it more likely for the following reasons:

They used a nice round number of taurine in the recipe, but when all the other ingredients are thrown in, it becomes swayed like that.

106mg of extra taurine is likely not going to give you any more noticeable affect, it is possible that the other companies round off their numbers.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

it sounds like their cheap-asses, but it more likely for the following reasons:

They used a nice round number of taurine in the recipe, but when all the other ingredients are thrown in, it becomes swayed like that.

106mg of extra taurine is likely not going to give you any more noticeable affect, it is possible that the other companies round off their numbers.

sinner-

I agree that the 106mg of taurine probably won't make a difference, it is actually quite a small amount. I didn't think about the other companies rounding their taurine numbers to 2000mg since the quantity difference is so small. I'm not sure that is just speculation, I'm just reading the can.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Clear Shot (part 2)

Earlier in my log I purchased (2) Clear Shots and drank one with less than stellar results. This time I gave it a 4 day hiatus without caffeine and tried Ergopharm's Clear Shot again this morning when I woke up. I took the Clear Shot out of the fridge and tossed the bottle back on an empty stomach and hit the gym right afterwards.

I gotta say I'm extremely impressed with how the space between the last drink and this one turned out. As I stated before I'll be doing one drink then 2 days off, etc, etc.

Moving forward, the taste is still the same taste. If any of you have drank a Clear Shot you know what I mean I don't have to describe it. It is pretty crazy how the thermogenic feeling hits right away. This actually happened last time as well, it just floods your body with this warm feeling like a shot of Bacardi 151.

Nootropic: Clear Shot works pretty damn amazing as a mental enhancement/nootropic. I had a good expierence with Clear Shot as an nootropic last time and it seemed like this time was even better. I had good focus while I was lifting and it was extremely clean. This would have been awesome for me during finals week when I was in college.

Energywise: Clear Shot is the cleanest energy I've felt from an energy drink so far. It is not brute force like Endorush, but at the same time it was still a pretty decent drive. I'm EXTREMELY surprised how clean it was off of 250mg caffeine (whole bottle) especially for me early in the morning. I had no crash from using this.

Thermogenic: Clear shot had me sweating more than I usually did when I lift. I was actually sweating pretty damn hard while doing chest/bench press this morning. I'm not sure if this is to actually also facilitate fat loss or just a 'cool feeling effect', but either way it seemed to really put its effect on me.

Pros:
    -Good, clean energy
    -Great Nootropic
    -Good thermogenic feeling

Cons:
    -Taste..again..rubbing alcohol+dijon mustard.
    -Price. If you see the thumbnail below that's how much it would cost from Nutraplanet.com to get a pack of 12 Clear Shots to my place since I can't just go to the store and buy them. Very expensive.

Ok so to me including S&H: $41.95/12 = $3.49 PER BOTTLE !?

RATING: 8.5/10. Clear Shot was much better second time I used it. I probably had some blunted tolerance prior to usage of Clear Shot so the timely hiatus made a difference. The quality of the energy is very good, I had no side effects like trouble breathing, crashing, or headaches. Nothing. The taste is nasty beyond belief, but that's about it. Something needs to be done about that ungodly price too. Overall it is a good product with the exception of taste and price which I think Patrick should not have any issue conquering those 2 aspects.

-1 Price
    -.5 Taste
    = 8.5 score

Since I cannot buy this at GNC/Vitamin Shoppe that means I have to order it online and pay for shipping and handling. Since I have to do a special online order, to me that is essentially like paying extra for the drink. In fact, the 2 Clear Shots from Nutraplanet.com cost me damn near $10.00 for 2 !? That's ridiculous......actually now that I think of it, each one individually is like $3.80ish x 2 + S&H so I think it was even more than that. Like $13-$14ish.

Up until now:

-Better quality energy: Clear Shot
    -More brute raw energy: Endorush
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i thought you were taking 2 days off between drinks?
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i thought you were taking 2 days off between drinks?

I am. All the drinks I've been reviewing prior are ones I have had past expierence with. I've tried quite a number of drinks prior to the hiatus and just catching up on reviewing them.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I am. All the drinks I've been reviewing prior are ones I have had past expierence with. I've tried quite a number of drinks prior to the hiatus and just catching up on reviewing them.
    i see.
    good.
    my bad.
    you have my permission to continue logging.

.....for logs in my toilet haha
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Someone's collection

Left Side

Middle

Right Side

Entire wall
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

I haven't thought about if I am going to log alcoholic energy drinks. They come with so much phucking sugar plus the malt liquor will probably make me puke guaranteed. I normally don't drink anything but beer, I'll take water over hard liquor/malt liquor.
  25. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

that someone's collection would be you? damn impressive.

i thought malt liquor is beer. I drink malt liquor (Olde English) and id say it's beer.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    that someone's collection would be you? damn impressive.

i thought malt liquor is beer. I drink malt liquor (Olde English) and id say it's beer.
    I assumed malt liquor was the Mike's hard lemonade stuff or sky blue ? I don't really know what it technically is. Eh I can't really drinks those. Everytime I drink that chick stuff, bailey's chocolate liquor, etc I always puke.

That's what I only drink beer. Good or bad...just needs to be beer.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Business trip

Yesterday I left for a business trip. I arrived at the hotel later on in the afternoon. Everything was fine and dandy but it was cloudy outside. After going out with my collegues for dinner I went back to my room for the evening.

It started raining extremely hard around 10:00pm. I ended up going to bed around 12:30am that night. Still raining hard as phuck. At this point it is thundering and lighting extremely hard. It looked like my hotel room was a disco floor due to all the lighting flashing. Around 1:45am lighting struck the hotel and the $#@$@# fire alarm goes off. I have no idea what the phuck the loud noise was at first, but it is extremely loud and sharp. It had to be atleast 105dB.

I immediately woke up and put on my contacts. I looked outside in the hallway and people were walking around and sticking their heads outside the door as well. After about 5 minutes of ear deafing sound I make my way down to the lobby where all the guests staying in the hotel are gathering. It is still raining ridiculously hard, in fact it looked like some tropical typhoon at this point. Everything is flood outside, the parking lot and the grass. The fire department comes to de-activate the alarm. I'm just talking to my 5 other collegues and we are all so tired and groggy-eyed. After the alarm went off the staff at the reception desk informed us that it was the lighting that struck and caused the alarm to go off (as I had expected). After some social cursing we all go back to our rooms.

Around 2:45am the phucking power decides to go out. I can hear my computer beeping (this laptop I'm using right now) and I hear the a/c turn off. I get up again to go unplug my computer, and at this point there is no power within the entire hotel. So it is 80ish outside and my room is starting to warm up. On top of that the typhoon is still going on and my room keeps lighting up like a damn disco floor.

I can't really sleep at this time, because now that there is no power in my room it is making me uncomfortable having that lighting flash in my room, esp. when there is a big ass mirror directly in front of my bed. I'm just waiting for the lighting to flash and I'm going to see a dismembered corpse or something. So now this is the second time I've been woken up plus now I'm being a puzzy about going to sleep b/c I keep looking at the mirror across my bed while the lighting is flashing.

following morning.........

There is no coffee made b/c the power was out. I couldn't see in my room b/c the power was out and the hallway was pitch dark. I finally find my way to the lobby where my other collegues are. They cannot print a reciept but tell me they will fax it to me sometime (so I can't get reimbursed until then...tight!).

No one can really stay awake at the seminar that I attended including me. I did not have any Endorush unfortunately and after awhile I just stopped trying to fight the fatigue trying to stay awake. I finally make it back home today @ 1:00am and I'm tired as phuck.

That was my most recent business trip adventure.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

I assumed malt liquor was the Mike's hard lemonade stuff or sky blue ? I don't really know what it technically is. Eh I can't really drinks those. Everytime I drink that chick stuff, bailey's chocolate liquor, etc I always puke.

That's what I only drink beer. Good or bad...just needs to be beer.
    oh ok. yeah, meh. that stuff gives me a stomach ache!

is that your collection or google?
  29. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%

The only good thing about alcoholic energy drinks is that most of them look like non-alcoholic energy drinks. I've had a few friends get out of getting busted because the 5-0 thought Sparks was generic Red Bull.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

I didn't clarify. That collection is someone elses' collection that I found. I don't even have probably 1/8th of those. I'm just collection the type, not like Rockstar, every flavor, just the different kinds of drinks. I hate drinking the non diet energy drinks. They have way too many carbs/sugar.

On that note, IBE's Matrix is coming today in the mail so I'm gonna try that out.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

The only good thing about alcoholic energy drinks is that most of them look like non-alcoholic energy drinks. I've had a few friends get out of getting busted because the 5-0 thought Sparks was generic Red Bull.
    They don't really pack too much of a punch anyway unless you get 'buzzed' off of like 4 sparks. Then again when your doing that you gotta wonder why they didn't do Red Bull+Jager instead.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Vault soft drink/energy drink

Until now I'm still confused as to refer to this as a energy drink or what. Well, it says 'energy' on the bottle so I'll take it as that. Their slogan is "Drinks like a soda, kicks like an energy drink." I picked up one of these last night coming back from my business trip. Vault is relatively cheap compared to the other energy drinks. Once again I'm kinda baffled just thinking about this.

Taste: I enjoy Vault more than Mountain Dew. It has a more tart flavor vs. Mountain Dew but not much. I believe Vault is Coca-Cola's version of the failed 'Mountain Dew MDX'. I supposed they figured it might do better if they just changed the name. I don't have the bottle with me but I'm pretty sure Vault is just a soda with extra caffeine in it.

The Mountain Dew MDX had the caffeine, guarana, etc...all that usual stuff. The Vault does not have any of that. A 12oz can contains 70mg of caffeine, and a 20z bottle contain 117.5mg of caffeine for the 20oz bottle.

I have only seen Vault Zero sold in 20oz bottles in gas stations, grocery stores, etc, but not in cans. The regular version is the only one I have seen that is sold on the 24 packs.

RATING: 4/10. Its cheap enough and it has less caffeine than Monster/Rockstar, but it is enough if you don't feel like spending $2.00+ for a can. I would buy this in a 24 pack, but since obesity is still the 'in thing' I have to buy the 20oz bottles until Coca-Cola decides otherwise. Its nothing too stellar and if anything, they've taken a step backwards from their previous MDX drink. So there's really nothing too special about this. Their new slogan should be 'Drinks like a soda, and has just a bit more caffeine.' That's all this is.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Energy Drink ingredients

Here's a breakdown of what you see on the side of that can that keeps on reappearing, reappearing, and reappearing on the same side of every energy drink.

Caffeine: The most common stimulant, found in coffee, Coke and Mountain Dew. Found in much higher quantities in energy drinks. Most energy drinks contain between 70 and 200 mg. A 5 oz cup of coffee contains 110-150mg for drip, 65-125mg for percolated, and 40-80 mg for instant. Dr. Pepper gives you 61mg, and a can of Coke provides 50mg. A full can of RockStar has 150mg. A lot of people experience side effects above 200mg, but then again they are probably girlie men. A lot of companies are trying to boast how much caffeine that they jam pack in their drink. To me that's kinda like comparing each other's pen1s size, but I digress. If nothing else, every 'energy drink' has some type of caffeine.

Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid that your body naturally produces. It helps regulate heartbeat and muscle contractions, and energy levels. Usually your body makes enough that you don’t need to supplement. It’s thought, but not proven, that under “stress conditions” like illness, physical exertion, or injury, the body does not create enough and supplements can help. Taurine might be a “mild inhibitory neurotransmitter”, some studies show it helps with excitable brain states. While this isn’t exactly what we want, maybe it helps level us out so we function better with elevated levels of other stimulants.

Guarana: Guarana comes from plants in South America. Amazonians have used it for a long time to increase alertness and energy. It’s more dense in caffeine than coffee beans (3-4% vs 1-2%). It’s not just called “caffeine” because it contains a couple other things: theobromine and theophylline. They’re found in coffees and teas, and are known stimulants. Marketing retards will sometimes call this one guaranine, as if it’s something different. It’s not.

B-Vitamins:These are essentially the things that help you convert crap to energy. Crap like sugar, which is found in abundance in energy drinks. The jury’s still out on whether or not they increase energy levels via supplementation, but they also allege that they get rid of hangovers, but that's up to you to believe that. Whenever you take a piss and it looks like a bright yellow highlighter, that's all those vitamin-bs that are being flushed out. My guess would be that they go through your system so fast that your body dosen't have time to absorb them as efficiently as it could. Who knows.

Ginseng: Ginseng, an adaptogenic herb, is known to increase energy, has some anti-fatigue components, and supposedly relieves stress. Right now it’s suspected that gingseng helps stimulate the hypothalamic and pituitary glands, which then secrete something called adrenal corticotropic hormone. With a name like that, it can’t possibly be bad. Ginseng is nothing that’s naturally created by your body, so having this in your drink certainly won’t hurt. 200mg/day seems to be the standard dose, but you can safely take up to 2700mg.

Ginkgo Biloba: It’s suspected that ginkgo biloba is the longest-living organism on this planet. Using the theory that you get something’s (or someone’s) powers by eating the brains, eating the oldest thing on the planet is probably a good thing. Or maybe it’s such a hardy mofo that it’ll kill you instantly. But that’s never been the case. It helps memory rentention, concentration, circulation, acts as an anti-depressant, and even shows signs of helping people with Alzheimer’s. The German government recognizes it as something that helps with memory loss, concentration, and depression.60mg is a standard supplementation dose, and you can easily take 240mg.

L-Carnitine: An amino acid usually created by your liver and kidneys, this stuff helps up your metabolism and energy levels. Because of the way it interacts with your body, it may act as a thermogenic and help increase weight loss and endurance during exercise. The jury’s still out on whether or not you need to supplement unless you have an unusual diet, but you can take 2-6 grams without worry. Make sure you get L-Carnitine, which is the type your body creates and can use. D-Carnitine is “inactive” and may actually hurt endurance levels. Some people take this to support their heart, so putting it in an energy drink that increases your heart rate.

Sugars: Glucose is the body’s preferred fuel. The majority of energy drinks contain a ton of sugar. Therefore, energy. It’s a carbohydrate, and a lot of exercise regiments suggest a good dose of sugar for workouts lasting more than an hour. A lot of athletes take it in the form of rice or noodles, complex carbs, whichever... so they have timed absorption. You can take a bunch of this easily… 150 grams in your system might get you wired, but probably won’t hurt you. Eating in excess will make you fat due to the high sugars/carbs causing insulin spikes, like all the fructose in regular soda.
  34. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%

Ya know, there's really very little science behind an energy drink's formulation. The market is do damn big, that any Johnny "I have enough $$$ to fund production" can throw something together.

Think about it:
    -Good taste is optional. That's half the battle right there.
    -You know what the pioneer companies use, if you're close, you're in the clear.
    -Throw some sh*t together, and have a bottling company shove it in a can, and start making profits.

Between Nutraplanet and the local Kroger, I'm willing to bet I could put something together to know your socks off.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

I think that the way the product is marketed and the taste is the majority of what the energy drinks are composed of. Some of the ingredients have some reality behind it like caffeine, but for the most part its all theoretical on that part.

I think the majority of the energy drinks are regurgitated formulas of someone else's product, but there are a couple out there that do have some results that differ from the other such as endorush/clear shot which both have a unique ingredient content vs. Rockstar+caffeine.,etc...
  36. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%

I think that the way the product is marketed and the taste is the majority of what the energy drinks are composed of. Some of the ingredients have some reality behind it like caffeine, but for the most part its all theoretical on that part.

I think the majority of the energy drinks are regurgitated formulas of someone else's product, but there are a couple out there that do have some results that differ from the other such as endorush/clear shot which both have a unique ingredient content vs. Rockstar+caffeine.,etc...
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It takes the ability to read the back of a can of RockStar/Monster/other engergy drink you'll find at gas stations to produce that kind.

Endorush and clear shot were created by people who actually have a clue as to what the heck they are doing. (Granted there's some room for argument on BSN, I'm convinced they know exactly what kind of products they are putting out, and are more in it for the $$$).
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

That's exactly what I'm saying. It takes the ability to read the back of a can of RockStar/Monster/other engergy drink you'll find at gas stations to produce that kind.

Endorush and clear shot were created by people who actually have a clue as to what the heck they are doing. (Granted there's some room for argument on BSN, I'm convinced they know exactly what kind of products they are putting out, and are more in it for the $$$).

Its a very profitable market out there, esp to people who are not very knowledged in what they are consuming. At the same time those are the same individuals who are like "oh shlt ! I am so buzzed off this Rockstar!". You'd think they were tripping acid or something by their reaction.

I find enjoyment and entertainment from just collecting the cans, however the drinks that do not product results in turn result in me not being a repeat customer. If it were not purely for my entertainment of just doing this I probably would not buy a single energy drink from a gas station/grocery store. There is a trend on my review so far. Pretty much I keep saying the same thing about the majority of the drinks, and the only thing that differs is taste.

Its a damn shame 99% of the stuff out there is junk.

If I could I'd probably just get Endorush for the gym and Clear Shot for the office. That's basically all I need covered right there.

On that note: I'll be reviewing IBE Matrix coming up.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Matrix energy drink (by IBE nutrition)

I purchased IBE's Matrix energy drink, in fact I actually bought 2 bottles just like Clear Shot. I tried them both on 2 seperate occassions. There was many reviews being done for IBE's new drink and people writing reviews about them. The majority of the reviews for the Matrix energy drink were really good so I decided to buy (2) and see for myself how good they were. I don't know what the whole beta test vs. final product or all those charades are, but what you see in the picture is what I drank. The effect of Matrix is very similar to Redline (not xtreme). Matrix gave me energy higher than your Rockstar/Monster, but nothing too mind blowing. The effect of Matrix took also about 30mins past ingestion on an empty stomach and COLD. This was a consistant effect from both bottles. I used them both for pre-workout energy drinks before going to the gym. I also drank the whole bottle at once, none of that half the bottle b.s. either. As I stated before, it gave me more energy vs. a regular energy drink. The bottle costs roughly $3.00ish around that ballpark area+ S&H costs. The bottle resembles exactly the same kind of 8oz bottle SAN TIGHT! and Redline use. In fact there was no pad at the top of the caps, so there was not a tight seal. When I recieved the bottles, one bottle had leaked a bit (NO not enough to affect results). On top of that I expected to have my balls kicked due to all the reviews, and that didn't really happen.

This person on the link below said Matrix 'cleared up his sinuses'. Um, I don't believe Matrix contains any decongestants by looking at the ingredients list. On top of that this is why I don't take logs/reviews seriously (except my own), because of something like this. Seriously.

IBE Matrix Review

Taste: The taste was really good and so far my favorite from all the energy drinks. It is a sour lemonade that is not overpowering like Redline, but still quite tastey. I definitly enjoyed the taste of Matrix.

RATING: 6.5/10. With all the rants and reviews of IBE's Matrix, I was expecting basically the holy grail of energy drinks. If you look at anabolicminds.com's Matrix reviews, the majority of the are positive. Honestly, the cost does is not worth what is got from this energy drink. For the initial cost of Matrix, and shipping and handling costs I would never entertain the idea of buying this drink ever again. I don't know if the rumor is true that it was stronger before or what, but I found it to be moderate-mild in effect. On top of that the bottle was cheaply made, plus the fact that it actually leaked because there was no seal pad in the cap during manufacturing. If you look carefully at the top bottle in the picture you can see the yellow fluid where it leaked out. If you drink this, expect similar results compared to Redline minus the thermogenic effect.
  39. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%

I don't know much about geranamine, but I think it's a beta-agonist. This might cause vasorestriction to the sinus or throat.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%

Clear Shot vs. Matrix

Well, I've read various articles comparing Clear Shot to Matrix energy drink. I don't know why people came to this conclusion of these 2 drinks, but I will do the same.

Clear Shot:

Pros:
    -Small and handy
    -Thermogenic,energy booster, and nootropic (mental enchancement) in one
    -Only 2oz
    -5 minutes for effect

Cons:
    -High price
    -Taste

I intitally reviewed Clear Shot and gave it a bad review due to probably caffeine tolerance buildup. At any rate, I had a second bottle and after taking a small hiatus I tried it again on an empty stomach and the effects were much more positive/greater vs. the intital trial. It is primarly the cost that gets to be about Clear Shot. I can get past the taste, but the cost is just very high right now. Clear Shot's energy boost is about the same as Redline's. It also has a thermogenic effect like Redline. On top of that it made an excellent Nootropic for me. Clear Shot's time to affect me was about 5 minutes. I remember when I took it I was piss ass tired and just woke up to go to the gym in the morning. By the time I got to the gym (5 minutes) I was already woke up by that point. Overall Clear Shot is useful in certain circumstances.

Matrix:

Pros:
    -Great taste
    -More effective than an ordinary run of the mill energy drink.

Cons:
    -High price
    -Moderate effect
    -Poorly made bottle
    -30 minutes for effect

Matrix's taste was extremely good and what I like in an energy drink. The effects took quite awhile to kick in even on an empty stomach and I was already well into my workout by the time it really hit me. Also too the bottle leaked for some reason as I stated in my prior review. Both bottles were missing sealing pads in the cap for some reason. The kick/effect was moderate at best and comparable to Redline. Being that I had to shell out $$$ for shipping costs on this I expect it to be worth it since I can't get this at Vitamin Shoppe.

Verdict:

Without a doubt it is clearly Clear Shot. Clear Shot offers more benefits from the drink even though the cost is slightly higher. Even the energy from Clear Shot is about equal to Matrix. The nootropic effects are also very profound with Clear Shot vs. Matrix. With Matrix, there are other alternatives in place of it. Endorush is by far much stronger than Matrix at a comparable cost. For everyone who liked Matrix, it wasn't my cup of coffee. Sorry. (Neither drink was sponsored, I paid for them both out of my own pocket so I reviewed them as I would review anything else.)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Triceps! Post em if you got em!
    By 0071982WC in forum Pics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
  2. Got abs??? Post em if you got em!
    By 0071982WC in forum Pics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 07:56 AM
  3. Why do all people @ bb.com all say they're natural
    By ShapiroMD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32