Protein Reviews

RB12

RB12

Awards
ErgoPharm GF Pro
GF Pro By ErgoPharm
I tried two flavors fo GF Pro, Cherry Blast and Orange Cream; on the whole, I was very impressed.

Orange Cream
Taste: 9/10
This had a great taste to it, very creamsicle-esk; very smoothe flavor. I wish I had some more :)

Mixability: 9/10
Mixed one scoop with about 10oz of water in a shaker and it did not quite mix 100%, but almost all the way. Had I let it sit for a few seconds, probably would have been fine.

Overall: 9/10
The flavor was well balanced to be delicious without being over or underpowered. Very good overall protein.

Cherry Blast
Taste: 6/10
I don't think there is anything wrong with this flavor in particular, if you like cherry. As far as cherry-flavored whey goes, this was good, but I just do not care much for cherry flavored drinks

Mixability: 10/10
Mixed with both milk and water (around 10-12ozs in each case) in a shaker and mixed up with no problem; all the powder disolved effortlessly

Overall: 8/10
As a whey, this was generally good, just not a taste I particularly cared for.[/QUOTE]

RB12

RB12

Awards
Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/16/isopure.html

Mixability: 9/10 for the most part, it mixed up completely effortlessly with a few shakes. But there were a few protein clumps, nothing too noticable, but they were there.

Taste: I tried two differneet lavors Vanilla and Pineapple Orange Banana. The vanilla gets am 8/10. I like vanillas and this one was pretty good, a little sweet with a bit of a protein aftertaste, but generally good. The Pineapple Orange Banana was absolutely fantastic. Not too sweet and actually quite refreshing.

Value: Here is where the problem is, I give it a 5/10, at over $11 per pound, this is still pretty expensive.[/QUOTE]

RB12

RB12

Awards
Universal Real Gains -- Vanilla
Taste: 8/10
This was a pretty tastey vanilla. I should note that I am a vanilla fan.

Mixability: 6/10
Mixed 2 scoops into 15oz. of milk and a shaker and while it mized ok, there were a lot of chunks left in the glass

Overall: 7/10
While I am not a big fan of gainers, as far as taste and mix, this is just moderate. Nothing incredibly special, but it did have a good taste to it.

Universal Real Gains -- Strawberry
The last time I had a strawberry gainer was with n-large and i was reluctant to like this bc of that. the n-large was chalky and started to make me gag after awhile, the universal was actually quite pleasent actually and carreid a good aftertaste

Mixability: 8/10
Mixed 2 scoops into 15oz. of water and a shaker and mixed just fix. no real clumps to speak of after a few shakings

While I am still not a big fan of gainers, this one mixes and tastes just good to me.

RB12

RB12

Awards
Core MRP:

Taste: 8/10, generally good (chocolate) fairly smooth. You can taste the oat flour and barley flour, but this doesnt really bother me, i like the taste. the after taste is good. it could just be a little more chocolicious

Mixability: 10/10, Mixed 1.5 scoops with 12oz water in a shaker. few shakes and it was gone

Value: 8/10, Serviing size is listed as 3 scoops equating to 40g carbs and 40g protein with 370 cals. I think 1.5 scoops would work fine, though and that would give you 30 servings for $25, which is not that bad. The ingredient profile is pretty good wiht oat flour, barley flour, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate, egg albumen, sodium caseinate, and whey protein isolate. However, I think it is still good and cheap to make your own MRP.

Overall: 8/10, not bad for a premade mrp, but really, you make make your own just as easily.

RB12

RB12

Awards
CytoSport EvoPro
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/607/evopro.html

Vanilla:
Taste: 8/10, not too rich, but actually quite pleasant. As I always note, I am a vanilla fan. This one was fairly creamy
Mixability: 6/10, had a lot of chunks in it when mixed in a shaker cup with about 10-12 oz of water.
Overall: 7/10, Good ingredient profile with micellar casein, whey protein isolate, and milk protein isolate.

Chocolate:
Taste: 9/10, this is a good chocolate, fairly rich, but not too sweet.
Mixability: 8/10, I mixed it with a shaker cup in 10oz of water and at first had some chunks. So I put the cap back on and shook it a little more... no more chunks ;)
Overall: 8/10, even though I am a vanilla fan, this chocolate is fantastic, plus there are great proteins in it. Mixes waaaaay better than ON 100% caesin, too

RB12

RB12

Awards
Cytosport Complete Whey:
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/811/complete-whey.html

Vanilla Bean
Taste: 5/10, I am a big vanilla fan and this, sir, is no vanilla. It was very bland and had a bizzare aftertaste, which after a little while tasted a bit like vanilla.

Mixability: 10/10, mixed one scoop in a shaker bottle with 10z of water and mixed right away, no separation, no clumping.

Value: 7/10, around $5.50 a pound is not that bad, but it is a blend of wpc and wpi. so if you are looking for the in vogue pure wpi, this is not the route to go

Strawberry Banana
Taste: 6/10, I am thuroughly disappointed. While it had a good smell to it when I opened the packet, the taste was just blah again. It was under flavored and I don't even like really sweet proteins.

Mixability: 10/10, mixed one scoop in a shaker bottle with 10z of water and mixed right away, no separation, no clumping.

Value: 6/10, its cheap, but has no real taste to it

RB12

RB12

Awards
Black Star Labs Flavoring in True Protein Whey

Chocolate
Taste: 10/10
I have been sorely disappointed by most chocolates on the market, but this is phenomenal. Very smooth and in no way overpowering

Mixing one scoop with either 12oz of water or 12oz skim milk both provided great results. Mixing with either a spoon or shaker bottle produced rapid and complete mix.

Overall: 10/10
Comparing this to the more mainstream WPC’s (Dymatize, ON, etc.) you will not be disappointed upgrading. The flavor is way better and very addictive.

Fruit Punch
I am a big fan or fruit flavored proteins, but this was a little more mild flavor than I was hoping for. Don’t get me wrong, the flavor was good, but I may need to use less water next time.

Mixability: 9/10
Mixing one scoop with 12oz of water in a shaker of with a spoon both did not mix 100% for me.

Still better than any of the “popular” proteins out, but needs to have a stronger flavor.

Orange Cream
You know, I just picked up a pound of this to try it out and I absolutely love it. It is a very mild orange, but it really does taste like a creamsicle. I have even mixed it with plain yogurt (meant to grab the vanilla) and it actually tasted great. This is a welcome surprise.

Mixing one scoop with either 12oz of water or 12oz skim milk and even yogurt both provided great results. Mixing with either a spoon or shaker bottle produced rapid and complete mix.

Comparing this to the more mainstream WPC’s (Dymatize, ON, etc.) you will not be disappointed upgrading. The flavor is way better and very addictive.

Vanilla
Taste: 9/10
Hmm, I think my expectations were too high here. I am a big vanilla fan and again, it is a mild vanilla, but the chocolate and orange cream trump it. If you are a vanilla fan, you will not be disappointed. It is almost like a french vanilla and nowhere near as sweet as Dymatize. It is also better than ON.

Mixing one scoop with 12oz of water, milk and in yogurt in a shaker or with a spoon both mixed effortlessly.

Still better than any of the “popular” vanillas, but could have a slightly stronger flavor.

Watermellon
Outstanding, I cannot explain to you how good this is. It is not as intense as Watermelon Xtend, but it is quite refreshing. The smell is out of this world and there is no aftertaste.

I forgot my shaker cup, so i used a scoop of protein in 6oz of water in a plastic cup and stirred it with a plastic spoon. Stirred for about 30 sec and everything was dissolved

Nothing beats the BSL flavoring. It is just so good. I am so glad to see so many new flavors out there (I also picked up some straw-banana). It covers up WPC, WPI, bulk bcaas, MPI, you name it. I don't know why anyone would suffer through the poorly flavored over priced blends and wpc when you can get it so much cheaper and so much tastier.

Stawberry-Banana

I think my expectations may have been too high for this one, but there was almost no banana taste in it and it tasted a little more fruit punch-esk. It is by no means bad, just not what I expected.

As usual, even in a small amount of water and with no more than a plastic knife, it mixes up completely and effortlessly

Good flavor, just not great. BSL sets the bar so high for themselves, sometimes even they cannot reach it ;)

RB12

RB12

Awards
Anabolic Innovations Whey

WPI Banana
Taste: Pretty good banana flavor, smooth and not too stropng 8/10

Mixability: Never had a problem will dissolving whether in milk or water in any variety of spoon/cup, mixer cup, or blender 10/10

WPC Peanut Butter/Chocolate
Taste: The PB was a little too overpowering for my taste, in fact, to me it tasted almost all PB, which is not a bad thing for PB lovers ;) 7/10

Mixability: Never had a problem will dissolving whether in milk or water in any variety of spoon/cup, mixer cup, or blender 10/10

The Elvis (PB/Banana)
Taste: Good mix here, the PB was not as overpowering IMO and it was actually quite tastey, especially for a unique combination 9/10

WPC Cookies N' Cream
Taste: I did not care for this, had kind of a chalky taste and it never really tasted like cookies or cream, more like chalky vanilla. 5/10

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
U forgot this one

Dymatize DymaLean

chocolate

mixes instantly
tastes awesome
almost no carbs
very filling

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
This some good information! I will use this once I run out of protein! Thanks for all the reviews RB!