My 1 month goals:
Deadlift max: 325
3 mile run:25 minutes
BF: drop 2%

overall goal is recomp and get strong.

Current stats:
DL max: 285
3 mile run: 28 mins
BF: 13.9% using BFCalipers (this is low, I have no doubts I'm much higher than this, but as long as I see it dropping, it can read whatever it wants)

other current stats:
5'7
182 lbs
right arm: 14.75"
waist (at navel): 37"

I'm an experienced noob at this point, but still a noob. As you will see, my strength has a long ways to go.

My workout
Monday:
1) Military press variation (pick one and stick with it a while, usually work up to something heavy for a single, but can do rep work if you're feeling beat up, do not "max" out on this day, try to always leave 10lbs in the tank)
a) Standing military press
b) Seated military press
c) Seated military press off pins in the squat rack (singles only)
2) DB flat bench for reps (2-3 sets, keep it very easy, just getting in volume)
3) Lat exercise, your choice
4) Lat exercise, your choice
5) Something for upper back -rear delts in particular (bent over raises, reverse pec dec, etc)

Tuesday:
1) Main movement (pick one, and work up to heavy single, double or triple)
a) Squat (wide, narrow, low, high)
b) Deadlift (sumo, conventional, rack pulls)
c) Goodmorning
2) Accessory work, rep range 3-20
a) squat
b) leg press
c) lunges/etc.
3) Low back
a) Pull throughs
b) hyperextensions
4) Abs (I prefer rope pull down abs on this day to unload the back)

Wednesday: Off

Thursday:
1) Bench, max effort, pick 1, work up to heavy single double or triple:
a) 3 second pause bench (competition grip or pinky on the ring, these you ALWAYS just do singles with)
b) Heavy triples
c) Close grip (pinky on rings)
d) Competition grip (index finger on the ring)
e) Any of the above with mini bands attached***
2) Board work if possible (1-2 board, rep range from 1-5 reps), if not, incline or decline for reps (3-20)
3) If doing board work, then do incline or decline, if not doing board work, pushdowns or skull crushers for higher reps.

Friday:
1) Shrugs
2) Biceps
3) Grip/forearms
4) Upper back
5) Abs

Friday is fun, do what you want. NEVER fail on a secondary exercise; always leave just a little in the tank. If you fail on the first exercise, make sure it's for no other reason than the weight was just too heavy that particular day! If you are a crack head and worry that you're not getting enough volume, you can either up the reps on the secondary exercises, *OR* after you max out on exercise #1, drop back down to about 90% and do a few reps there, again, DO NOT HIT FAILURE.
I will probably go every saturday as well, and do squats or light DLs with leg work. I am also starting a martial arts class for the first time on wed, so I don't know how much that is going to interfere with my workouts (probably very little). It is a mix of muay thai and jui jitsu, see here:LINXX Academy of Martial Arts - Virginia Beach, VA - Muay Thai Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kids Self-Defense

I will be taking
RPM 1 dose 1 hour PreWO
Kreaceps XS 1 dose 1 hour PreWO and 1 postWO
incarnate 1 dose PreWO 1 PostWO

already taking, and will continue taking
poseidon morning, preWO, duringWO, postWO, night. poseidon rocks.
fish oil
elastamine (just starting this, joint support)
sesathin (can't beat this in bulk from NP!)
Adam MV

Just stopped using:
ragnarok
retain

diet:
breakfast: protein shake or grape nuts/soy milk
brunch: yogurt or oatmeal
lunch: usually salmon salad (on spinach), with a bread
post lunch snack: hard boiled egg
dinner: try to center meals around fish or tempeh.
pre sleep: cottage cheese or performance pudding

usually a ON whey protein shake before and after workout. Workouts are usually before dinner (6-9 time frame), sometimes during lunch (11:30-1)

Please give any input, I have tough skin.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Everything arrived in the mail today, so of course today was my first day trying it.

Workout was amazing, I felt great, felt strong, and kept going. My wife and I were there for far too long

Deadlift
135x7
185x5
205x3
225x3
245x3
265x2
275x1
285x1
295x1 (PR by 10 pounds)

Leg press
270x9
270x9
270x9

hyp ext
25x10
25x10
25x10
(no abs, ran way over time)

Not only did I PR, but I felt a lot stronger doing this PR than my last one, and I lifted a ton more weight before I pulled it. I also recently changed my deadlift style from sumo to standard, so really I should have seen a drop!

Very excited about things to come if this is any sign. I'll update with everyworkout. Going to push very hard towards my goals.

I forgot to add, I had quite the bowel movement after the workout. I'm regular, and almost always early day, so this might have been from the new supplements. Have to see if this continues.

edit: never again had any abnormal BMs.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
It definitely messed up my sleep some. Took me a while to fall asleep, and this morning I was having some REALLY f'd up dreams.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, bud, good to see you here!

I was a little confused: your first posts says your current DL max is 185, but I guess it's 285. I was gonna say: 185 > 350 in one month? No wai!!1

How many RPM did you take?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
sorry, it was in fact 285, edited my first post. I'm looking for a 40 pound increase in one month (30 as of last night)

I took 3. The dose read 3 for 160-180, 4 for 180-200. I was right on the edge at 182 so I staid with the low dose. I took it at 6pm, tried to go to bed at 11:30pm. I think they recommend not taking it w/in 6 hours of bedtime. I fell asleep a little before 1 but had some restless sleep. I'm not too worried about this unless it doesn't get better. Ragnarok didn't mess up my sleep at all.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
day 2

First day of muay thai, definitely enjoyed it, looking forward to more. Unfortunately I think I have some stress fractures in my hand that I brought back. It hurts. I punched a solid object a few months ago....dumb.

anyways. after the lesson I did a timed 3 mile run. Quads were on fire from yesterday and it was incredibly humid (rained after a very hot day).

TWO MINUTE DROP SINCE LAST WED.

time was 26:15

I have only done two very very light cardio days since last wed, so I'm very happy with that drop. I had a spring in my step I don't normally have, and felt great most of the run (other than the burning quads). Impressed with the stack so far.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
sleep was better last night, although I took it slightly earlier.

Day 3!

Today I went to the doctor's and couldn't get around to the gym until late. Fearing for my sleep I only took 2 RPMs at 7:30. I felt good at the gym, but not driven or very pumped....or did I even feel much like working out. But I still got half decent workout. I don't think 2 is really enough, although it may have just been a bad day (I am feeling a little worn out).

Flat BB bench
6x135
5x145
3x165
3x175
3x180
2x185

decline BB bench
155 x 8 (3 sets of this)

skull crushers
small bar + 50lbs x 8 (2 sets)

weighted dips
+10lbs x8
+10lbs x 6

weight was up to 154 (+2lbs)
BF was down to 13.4% (-.5)
arm 14.875 (+1/8)
waiste 37 1/8 (+1/8 )...I just ate, hopefully that is all

Getting a blood test next week as part of a standard annual. I'm really curious about liver values and cholesterol as compared to last year.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can take rpm up to two hours pre-workout. I'd take 4-5 at 5pm to work out at 7pm, rather than 2 just before.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I'll try that next time. Yesterday I didn't want to take the rpm before the doctor, and have some crazy racing heartbeat.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
day 4

lunch workout, took 3 rpm an hour before. Tomorrow I might move up to 4.

Friday is fun day. I felt pretty good, nothing insane.

shrugs 135x6
BB curls 75x6
shrugs 185 x5
BB curls 95x4
shrugs 175x6
BB curls 85x5
shrugs 175x6
BB curls 85x5

preacher curls
small bar + 40 x 8
small bar + 40 x 7
small bar + 40 x 5

BB forearm curls (forearms on bench, wrists hanging over edge, curl up with hands only)
55 x 8
60 x 6
60 x 6

bent over rows
125 x 6
135 x 5
145 x 5

abs (weighted and unweighted).

Biggest difference is bent over BB rows, felt a lot stronger and pulled more weight than ever. I am much HARDER than I was a few days ago. Muscles are close to rocks now. Pumps have been really good, although not noticeably different than the pumps on masspump or ragnarok.

muay thai tonight for my cardio. Not sure how to take these supplements with two separate "workout" sessions in a day. If anyone has a clue let me know.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If workouts are split, morning and evening, take 3 incarnate, 3 Kreaceps, and 2-3 RPM. Do the same pre-evening workout.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I took 9 kreaceps, 9 incarnate, and 6 rpm that day (spread out over the 2 workouts of course). I'll keep it to two doses of each next time like you said.

no workouts to log on the weekend although I continued taking everything. Feeling fairly beat up, plus a busy weekend of car related hobby stuff (all day sunday in the sun for autocross, that will wear you out).

I'm thinking about doing two doses of RPM a day now to assist with the weight loss.

I'll update tonight after my workout, with new (hopefully better) stats.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I took 9 kreaceps, 9 incarnate, and 6 rpm that day (spread out over the 2 workouts of course). I'll keep it to two doses of each next time like you said.

no workouts to log on the weekend although I continued taking everything. Feeling fairly beat up, plus a busy weekend of car related hobby stuff (all day sunday in the sun for autocross, that will wear you out).

I'm thinking about doing two doses of RPM a day now to assist with the weight loss.

I'll update tonight after my workout, with new (hopefully better) stats.
Great log so far!!

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed! Keep up the detailed log...nice job! :thumbsup:

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established

I forgot to eat anything before the gym today, which definitely seemed to have some effect. Overall it was a good workout though.

I took 4 RPM this time, and the energy was intense. Heart was racing, pretty crazy "buzz". Still very concentrated on working out though, finished very quickly, 45 minutes.

I'll list last weeks workout for comparison

seated mil press
(today) (last monday)
6xbar
6x95 ---- 6x95
3x115 ---- 5x115
3x120 ---- 3x120
3x125 ---- 3x125
3x130 ---- 2x130
1 x135 ---- 135 fail

dumb bell bench (flat)
5 x 75s ---- 5 x 75s
5 x 75s ---- 4 x 75s
6 x 60s ---- 5 x 70s

weighted pull ups
4 x +10 ---- 3 x +10
4 x +10 ---- 3 x +10
4 x +10 ---- 3 x +10

seated rows (w/ V bar)
5 x 140 (did bent rows last week)
7 x 130
7 x 130

bent raises
8 x 15s ---- 6 x 15s
6 x 20s ---- 6 x 15s
6 x 20s ---- 6 x 15s

I hate those bent raises. I think I need to start doing them twice a week and try to master them.

so workout definitely improved, even w/o food. The buzz from RPM was crazy. Can't wait for dead lifts tomorrow.
Stats pretty much unchanged
13.5%
183lbs (unfed)
14.9" right arm

vvv*the google ad for soloflex whole body vibration is awesome :lol:

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
So I went to the doctors office on thursday and got a prescription to get my hand and back/neck xrayed. Here it is tuesday and I haven't felt any pain since friday. My knees haven't been sore at all either (the real test will be after my 3 mile run on wed night).

Very strange.

oh and waist was 36.5" this morning :)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
3 rpm this morning has me feeling really tired and spaced out today. And by lunch time I was extremely hungry, much more so than usual.

I think I'll stick with using it pre workout.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
So I was feeling worn out at lunchtime and decided to give my leviathan sample a try that has been sitting around for a while. Felt ok the rest of the day, maybe a little spaced out. I took 4 rpm at 5 for my 6pm workout.

Got the gym and felt completely worn out. I think I over stim'd my cns into shutdown. Deadlifts not even close to my max last week, felt like it was a thousand pounds today. So I wussed out and left.

So lesson learned, too much stim is definitely a bad thing for me. I'm just going to push my workouts 1 day back this week to make up for today. Not take rpm tomorrow and start over with it as pre workout only come thursday.

edit:*update to this, turns out I was just getting sick*

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
So I think I'm just sick, have felt tired all week, and my "allergies" seem pretty intense. Probably a cold.

muay thai class last night, pretty good workout. Didn't run afterwards like I normally would have.

Today I made up the tuesday workout. I am pretty sure I would not have made it to the gym if it weren't for RPM. I feel just like laying around.

Deadlift
(7/10) --- today
135x7 --- 135 x 7
185x5 --- 185 x 5
205x3 --- 245 x 3
225x3 --- 255 x 3
245x3 --- 265 x 3
265x2 --- 275 x 3
275x1 --- 285 x 1
285x1 --- 295 x 1
295x1 --- 300 x 1

Leg press
270x9 ---- 270 x 9
270x9 --- 290 x 9
270x9 --- 290 x 8

hyp ext
25x10 did not do
25x10 did not do
25x10 did not do

so I got a new PR, although my back had too much flexion. I think next time I will stick to 3RMs. I was really running out of breathe easily and didn't feel great, but got it done anyways.

only stat to update
weight: 183 (fed)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Missed the gym yesterday to aid recovery. I think it was a good move, I feel a ton better today so far.

Took my preworkout doses 3kreaceps, 3 incarnate, and 4 RPM. then I sipped on a coffee. Started feeling a lot of energy, was definitely ready to go.

today was makeup day for "thursday", I probably won't make up friday.

Strength was WAY up, I don't understand it, but I certainly love it.

Flat BB bench
7/17 ---- today
6x135 --- 8x135
5x145 --- 5x155
3x165 --- 3 x175
3x175 --- 3x185
3x180 --- 3x195
2x185 --- 3 x 195
------------ 2 x 200

Incline BB bench

7/12-----------today
(did --------125 x 11
decline) ----125 x 9
155x8x3---- 125 x 11

after that, my realtor called and we had to race home to prep the house for a potential buyer. A real downer since I was feeling so great, but oh well.

So far I'm loving this stack, my weight hasn't increased at all, yet I'm shedding fat and getting stronger consistently with every session, and all in spite of a week of illness. Very happy. I need to do my 3 mile run time tomorrow to see how my cardio survived after this week of being sick.

weight
182 (fed)

arm
14.9"

waist
36 3/4"

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Ran today, didn't go so well. Got a strong 1.5 miles in, and had to walk after that. Feet cramped, and leg muscles burned.

I just need to get more running time in, I haven't ran in a week and half plus being sick. So not concerned, I'll come back strong next run.

I'll edit in some stats later tonight.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 13

lunch workout, muay thai class tonight for cardio/abs.

I was very tired today, and was thinking about going home for lunch instead of the gym. Popped my rpm/incarnate/kreaceps just in case at 10 30. 11:30 I was ready to go completely. Headed off the gym, and had a decent workout. Strength was slightly up, although endurance was down a little towards the end, probably due to low amount of sleep last night.

BF from yesterday:
11.7% <<<this can't be right, that is a 2% drop. I'll retest tomorrow when I wake up.

weight:
182.5. I've been allowing myself to eat some cheater foods. Calzone, nachos, pizza, about 3 nights a week I'd guess. It doesn't seem to matter, muscle is going on, fat is coming off. Weight is staying the same. Still too fat, but where I'm at now I won't be too embarrassed to post some before and afters after this is done (I did take some befores!).

I don't think I'll try to actually drop any weight until I feel like I can't recomp much more. I'm really curious what I'll look like at 183ish with low bodyfat. Back in my fit days I was trim/toned but 150lbs, so this will be a lot different.

standard dosing
1 hour before: 4RPM, 3kreaceps, 3 incarnate.
during: 2 x poseidon
1 hour after: 3 kreaceps, 3 incarnate.

seated mil press
(7/16) ---- (TODAY)
6xbar ---- 10xbar
6x95 ---- 6x95
3x115 ---- 3x115
3x120 ---- 3x120
3x125 ---- 3x125
2x130 ---- 3x130
1 x135 ---- 2x135

Weighted dips (instead of DB bench)
(Today)
+15 x 6
+15 x 6
+15 x 5

weighted pull ups *shoulder didn't like theses today, had to go close grip w/o weight*
7/12 ------- Today
4 x +10 ---- +0 x 6
4 x +10 ---- +0 x 6
4 x +10 ---- +0 x 6

seated rows (w/ V bar)
5 x 140 ---- 7 x 130
7 x 130 ---- 6 x 130
7 x 130 ---- 6 x 130

bent raises
8 x 15s ---- 6 x 20s
6 x 20s ---- 6 x 20s
6 x 20s ---- 6 x 20s
*starting to get used to these finally.

When the time comes, I'm considering doing a second month with RPM, cordygen 5, bulk cissus, and bulk creatine Mono (see if anything changes compared to kreaceps).

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAY 13

lunch workout, muay thai class tonight for cardio/abs.

I was very tired today, and was thinking about going home for lunch instead of the gym. Popped my rpm/incarnate/kreaceps just in case at 10 30. 11:30 I was ready to go completely. Headed off the gym, and had a decent workout. Strength was slightly up, although endurance was down a little towards the end, probably due to low amount of sleep last night.

BF from yesterday:
11.7% <<<this can't be right, that is a 2% drop. I'll retest tomorrow when I wake up.

weight:
182.5. I've been allowing myself to eat some cheater foods. Calzone, nachos, pizza, about 3 nights a week I'd guess. It doesn't seem to matter, muscle is going on, fat is coming off. Weight is staying the same. Still too fat, but where I'm at now I won't be too embarrassed to post some before and afters after this is done (I did take some befores!).

I don't think I'll try to actually drop any weight until I feel like I can't recomp much more. I'm really curious what I'll look like at 183ish with low bodyfat. Back in my fit days I was trim/toned but 150lbs, so this will be a lot different.

standard dosing
1 hour before: 4RPM, 3kreaceps, 3 incarnate.
during: 2 x poseidon
1 hour after: 3 kreaceps, 3 incarnate.

seated mil press
(7/16) ---- (TODAY)
6xbar ---- 10xbar
6x95 ---- 6x95
3x115 ---- 3x115
3x120 ---- 3x120
3x125 ---- 3x125
2x130 ---- 3x130
1 x135 ---- 2x135

Weighted dips (instead of DB bench)
(Today)
+15 x 6
+15 x 6
+15 x 5

weighted pull ups *shoulder didn't like theses today, had to go close grip w/o weight*
7/12 ------- Today
4 x +10 ---- +0 x 6
4 x +10 ---- +0 x 6
4 x +10 ---- +0 x 6

seated rows (w/ V bar)
5 x 140 ---- 7 x 130
7 x 130 ---- 6 x 130
7 x 130 ---- 6 x 130

bent raises
8 x 15s ---- 6 x 20s
6 x 20s ---- 6 x 20s
6 x 20s ---- 6 x 20s
*starting to get used to these finally.

When the time comes, I'm considering doing a second month with RPM, cordygen 5, bulk cissus, and bulk creatine Mono (see if anything changes compared to kreaceps).
Looks like you are getting some great results!! Distance running can be a ***** sometimes, especially when your body weight/muscle mass increases...

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I'm seeing great results, and having fun. RPM is definitely there for me when I feel like being lazy, its like a mean coach always waiting to kick my ass for slacking.

I'm feeling the most pumped today than I think I ever have when not in the middle of working out. I do have some DOMS, but nothing crazy (shoulders!).

Deadlift workout in an hour.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 14

weight:
arm:
14 3/4"
waist
36 3/4"

Standard dosing

Deadlift
(7/19) --- today
135x7 --- 135 x 10
185x5 --- 205 x 5
245x3 --- 245 x 3
255x3 --- 265 x 3
265x3 --- 270 x 3
275x2 --- 275 x 3
285x1 --- 280 x 3
295x1 --- 285 x 2
300x1 ---

Squats
135 x 12
155 x 8
155 x 9
155 x 7

hyper extensions
25 x 10 x 3

abs
rope pulldowns
some weighted work

happy with the workout. 3RM went up. It is tough breathing fully when you are repping heavy weight (heavy for me anyways). Guess it takes practice.

I haven't squated in a while, so I just kept the reps high. Felt good. Lower back got a hell of workout today. It is definitely the weak point in these compound lift, but it is getting there.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY15 morning

Felt really good (trim) this morning, so I thought to check my BF:

13.0%, down .9% since the beginning. I'm barely on target to hit my goal of 2% in 1 month :run:

Tonight is either a run or I might check out a new place for muay thai. Sleep last night was a little rough.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 16

Yesterday I didn't do anything and it felt good. dosed 2 RPM, and two doses of 3 pills of kreaceps and incarnate.

My skin is getting pretty oily, and acne is coming on (its bad, but not bad enough for me to be too embarrassed). I find this interesting.

I haven't had a single gym day since starting that I didn't add weight, I don't think this is a normal experience :lol:

Having too much fun on this stack.

weight:
182.5lbs
arm
15"

standard dosing
pre work out: 4 rpm, 3 kreaceps, 3 incarnate
during: water (forgot poseidon)

Flat BB bench
7/21 ---- today
8x135 --- 10 x 95
5x155 --- 8 x 115
3x175 --- 3 x 185
3x185 --- 3x 195
3x195 --- 3x 200
3 x195 --- 2 x 205
2 x 200 --- 0 x 225 (boo)

Decline BB bench
12 x 115
10 x 115
10 x 115

skull crushers
50 on small bar x9 x 8 x7

12 minutes of light HIIT on the elliptical

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAY 17

Yesterday I didn't do anything and it felt good. dosed 2 RPM, and two doses of 3 pills of kreaceps and incarnate.

My skin is getting pretty oily, and acne is coming on (its bad, but not bad enough for me to be too embarrassed). I find this interesting.

I haven't had a single gym day since starting that I didn't add weight, I don't think this is a normal experience :lol:

Having too much fun on this stack.

weight:
182.5lbs
arm
15"

standard dosing
pre work out: 4 rpm, 3 kreaceps, 3 incarnate
during: water (forgot poseidon)

Flat BB bench
7/21 ---- today
8x135 --- 10 x 95
5x155 --- 8 x 115
3x175 --- 3 x 185
3x185 --- 3x 195
3x195 --- 3x 200
3 x195 --- 2 x 205
2 x 200 --- 0 x 225 (boo)

Decline BB bench
12 x 115
10 x 115
10 x 115

skull crushers
50 on small bar x9 x 8 x7

12 minutes of light HIIT on the elliptical
Awesome progress so far- your strength increases have been really impressive!!!!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Great log too John! Good detail, well maintained!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 17 (yesterday)

STATS
weight:
182 (-0)
BF:
12.9% (-1%)
arm:
15" (+.25")
Waist (at naval):
36 1/4 (-.75")

Noticed my waist looking smaller, so I measured it and was pleasantly surprised. :)

Friday is fun day

BB shrugs:
95 x 10
185 x 6
185 x 6
185 x 6

DB shrugs
65s x 10
80s x 6

BB Curls
45x8
95 x 6
95 x 5
85 x 7
85 x 6

standing pulley curls
110 x 8
130 x 6

BB forearm curls
55 x 7
60 x 7
60 x 7

bent rows
125 x 9
135 x 7
135 x 7

ABS

nothing exciting to report. curls possibly went up some. bent rows went down slightly, had a small stitch in my back that I wanted to nurse. Did some Tbar rows to make up for it.

It started storming before I got there, so the gym was almost empty. It was nice, I could have worked out all night I think.

going to try and make it today for some leg work.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 18 (today)

weight
180 (-2)

wth, I went to bed slightly hungry last night, that might have done it.

Today is technically a day off on the program, hopefully I don't hurt my gains by working out.

Overhead squats
bar x 10
bar x 10
65 x 8
75 x 8

those are pretty tough, I'm going to try and do them once a week and get better.

squats
135 x 14
135 x 11

45deg laying leg press
360 on x 5 x 3

leg extension
140 x 8 x 2

straight leg deadlift
95 x 10 x 2

dosing: standard

I had a RTD muscle milk afterwards because I had to go the grocery store. Filling.

Decided that I will run the same stack next month, and probably add cordygen5 to it. So look for this log to continue through 8 weeks. :)

Fun day, time for yard work now :(

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAY 18 (today)

weight
180 (-2)

wth, I went to bed slightly hungry last night, that might have done it.

Today is technically a day off on the program, hopefully I don't hurt my gains by working out.

Overhead squats
bar x 10
bar x 10
65 x 8
75 x 8

those are pretty tough, I'm going to try and do them once a week and get better.

squats
135 x 14
135 x 11

45deg laying leg press
360 on x 5 x 3

leg extension
140 x 8 x 2

straight leg deadlift
95 x 10 x 2

dosing: standard

I had a RTD muscle milk afterwards because I had to go the grocery store. Filling.

Decided that I will run the same stack next month, and probably add cordygen5 to it. So look for this log to continue through 8 weeks. :)

Fun day, time for yard work now :(
Yard work plus RPM= actually a pretty good time!!!:clean:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RPM makes everything go by just a little bit quicker!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Day 19,

Workout was helping a family move out of a third story apartment, then finishing yard work.

Standard dosing.

no stats to update.

Shoulders burn today, those overhead squats really hit them hard.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 20

bad stats today

weight
Arm
15 7/8
waist (naval)
36 5/8

standard dosing

workout

seated mil press
7/23-------today
6xbar --- 10 x bar
6x95 ---- 8x95
5x115 ---- 3x115 x 2
3x120 ---- 3x120
3x125 ---- 3x125
3x130 ---- 3x130
2 x135 ---- 3x135

dumb bell bench (flat)
5 x 75s ---- 5 x 75s
5 x 75s ---- 4 x 75s
6 x 60s ---- 5 x 70s

weighted pull ups
3 x +10 ---- 4 x +20
3 x +10 ---- 3 x +20
3 x +10 ---- 3 x +20

seated rows (w/ V bar)
7 x 130 ---- 7 x 130
6 x 130 ---- 6 x 130
6 x 130 ---- 6 x 130

decent workout. Dealing with a lot of stress involved with house selling/buying for the last few weeks, but it hasn't effected me too much.

strength just slightly up. Biggest difference was weighted pull ups.

not sure why my stats went down. I had a few beers over the weekend (nothing excessive), maybe that was it. Since starting this log I cut way back on beer, and plan on keeping it to a minimum.

My goals are a little off track now, even if I don't meet them I'm very very pleased with where I am at. Still slightly dissapointed, but all is well. I'll probably post up before and afters once this first month is done.

Ordered next months supplements, same stack plus cordygen5. I have a sample of cordygen5 that I will take before my next run ( I keep avoiding the running...).

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Great Detailed log! Good info!!! :clap2:

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks workin

Day 21

Stress is getting to me, had to drink some kava tea at work today. Sleep was lousy as well.

weight

Dosing, irregular

lunch time I dosed 2 RPM

pre workout: 3 RPM, 3 kreaceps, 3 incarnate
during: poseidon
post workout: 3 kreaceps, 3 incarnate

I definitely do better at one (higher) does of RPM pre workout. Dosing RPM during the day wears me out. I notice my body temp is up after taking it, it is a fairly potent thermogenic. Hoping the lower dose at night helps me get some good sleep tonight though, I need some good sleep.

workout:

Deadlift
(7/24) --- today
135x10 --- 135 x 10
205 x 5 --- 205 x 5
245x3 --- 245 x 3
265x3 --- 265 x 3
270x3 --- 275 x 3
275x3 --- 280 x 3
280x3 --- 283 x 3
285x2 --- 295x1
------------ 305 failure

I had a callus rip off on the 295 lift, and after that I was mentally and physically spent. Didn't have it in me to do any squats. The weight did go up slightly, so I can't complain.

finished up with

hyperextensions 25 x 12 x 3

ABS

Next deadlift day will be my last one to see how close to my goal I got in this month. I'm hoping to pull 315, 10 pounds down from my goal but 30 pounds up in 1 month.

Tomorrow I start moving into my new house, hopefully I'll put in a good run as well, since it has been a while since I did one. It will be my first test for cordygen5 as well (I'm not sure if you are supposed to see instant results with it?).

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice log John! I just moved into my new place as wel!. Surprised you can even workout with having to deal with all the stress of moving. I am worn out from my move.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have the few days where I'm feeling worn out, but I just pop a few rpm and give it 10 minutes...then I'm ready. :)

I got some good sleep last night and I'm up way earlier than usual. So far so good.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
DAY 22

BF came in pretty low this morning, I was actually thinking it was reading high until I just checked my log from day 17.

12.2%

nice!

Current mood:
Stress stress stress

Today's non standard dosing:

I took a sample of Shred XS today. 2 pills in the morning. It was a good stim feeling, mellow but definitely there. I can function a lot better on shred in a standard setting (not working out) than on RPM.

I have one more dose of shred to sample, and if it is another positive experience I might buy some eventually.

I also dosed some cordygen5 this morning for this first time (besides the cordygen that is included in kreaceps XS), nothing to report. And I took my 3 kreaceps and 3 incarnate this afternoon, since I won't be working out tonight.

I hope to put in a run tonight, but I might just move stuff into my new house and relax. I might even have a beer. I feel broken.

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Great log Johny! I would not do Deadlifts and squats on same day! Switch it up if you can, but I know it killed my squat weight and wasn't helping the deadlifts. just a suggestion! Subbed!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with PumpYouUp, that will kill your squats! I split up my hammie and my quads for different days. I treat my lower body just as I do my upper body, meaning I don't do a full upper body workout, I split them up. Same thing with legs.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
according the routine, I have a few options for accessory work

1) Main movement (pick one, and work up to heavy single, double or triple)
a) Squat (wide, narrow, low, high)
b) Deadlift (sumo, conventional, rack pulls)
c) Goodmorning
2) Accessory work, rep range 3-20
a) squat
b) leg press
c) lunges/etc.
3) Low back
a) Pull throughs
b) hyperextensions
4) Abs (I prefer rope pull down abs on this day to unload the back)

I figured if I kept it in the 10+ rep range, it wouldn't hurt. But ya, I might just try lunges next time. Especially since I am doing a second leg day on saturdays.

I don't feel like I have to stick exactly to this routine. Really it is just a general guide, but so far I like the results. I think it was a sort of converted westside workout for noobs (no DE days, just rep work).

I took last night off after moving the essentials into the new house. Even had pizza. I feel more relaxed today.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
don't worry about the pizza! When moving, just try to get as much enjoyment as you can to keep the stress levels down! I feel like I just aged 10 years with this last move!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Not worried about the pizza, I was happy to have it.

DAY 23
(last night, but I couldn't post as I had no internet access at the new house)

My first stagnant workout. It was very hard to make myself workout today, so I can imagine why. RPM got me up and going, but even that didn't seem enough. At least it got me there though :)

Standard dosing

Flat BB bench
7/21 ---- today
10 x 95 --- 10 x 95
8 x 115 --- 8 x 115
3x185 --- 3 x 185
3x195 --- 3x 195
3x200 --- 2x 205
2 x205 --- 2 x 205
0 x225 ---

incline bench
10 x 125 x3

body weight dips
8 reps x 3

ABS

Battling with allergies today. Took my last sample of shred XS this morning to get me going.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Moved most of the weekend, and was feeling ****ty. Got down on myself some, but bounced back today.

DAy 24 (friday)
No workout

DAy 25

Squats
Curls

My hip flexor started hurting, not sure where this pain suddenly came from. The pain has continued through today.

DAy 26

moving

Day 27

seated mil press
7/30-------today
10xbar --- 10 x bar
8x95 ---- 8x95
3x115x2 --------
3x120 ---- 3x120
3x125 ---- 3x125
3x130 ---- 3x130
3 x135 ---- 3x135

dumb bell bench (flat)
5 x 75s ---- 7 x 70s
4 x 75s ---- 6 x 70s
5 x 60s ---- 5 x 70s

weighted pull ups
4 x +20 ---- 4 x +20
3 x +20 ---- 3 x +20
3 x +20 ---- 5 x +10

Bent standing rows
115 x8
135 x 6
135 x 6

bent lat raises
20s x 8 x 3

Seems like I have hit a small plateau. I added cordygen5 into the mix. It seems to have a mood altering effect, almost like poseidon. I'll report on this later to see if it is actually due to the cordygen5...

weight:

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
This is interesting, I just reported how I was having mood altering effects from cordygen5 similar to poseidon (shilajit). I take it and I just feel good and energized.

anyways, my wife and I were laughing at something on the bottle the other day..."adaptogenic"...and I finally got around to looking it up. It just sounds funny and made up (it is a herbalist term, not scientific, so I guess we were right), I had no idea what it may have meant.

Adaptogen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

both cordyceps and shilajit are listed.

So I guess I am probably not the only one experiencing those sensations. That was not something I was expecting or looking for from cordygen5, but it was there.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great log man! Is your move completly over yet?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
the move is only a little over 50% done. This weekend the last bit will be moved, and then figuring out where everything goes.

I think the stress has really been wearing me down (stress from the move, and from financially trying to sell the second house). My allergies came on stronger than they have been in 10 years (since my allergy shot therapy). Its obviously effecting my workouts. The really great thing to me is that I have still been going to the gym and pressing on in spite of it all. This is probably a testament to RPM, because honestly after taking I just feel driven to go workout, nothing else matters.

And of course posiedon and now cordygen just keep my mood healthy.

The move has also effected a few other small things. Lost my workout log book until this morning, and didn't have a way to charge my ipod.

RPM bottle 1 is gone. Kreaceps and incarnate are almost empty. I already have them all restocked though.

I'm tossing around the idea of doing a week off next week, or maybe doing a week of high rep stuff, to give my CNS a break.