Pre-Workout Supplementation
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell
ONE scoop ISS Satur8 LemonHeds Lemonade
ONE scoop Ergopharm Stamin02

Workout
Arms

Wide-Grip Curls
BAR + 20x12, +20x12, +25x12, +25x12, +30x12, +30x12
Dunno how much the bar weighs... Possibly 15-25 lbs... Who knows. Massive arm vein poppin' though :p

SUPERSET WITH

Overhead Tricep Extensions with Curl Bar
Same weights and reps as Wide-Grip Curls
I think the weight is too light for my triceps cuz I didn't really feel anything... Or very little actually.

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
12.5x15/15, 17.5x15/15, 17.5x15/15, 17.5x12/12, 17.5x12/12, 17.5x12/12
Good pump. Arms felt huge... :D

SUPERSET WITH

Tricep Kickbacks
Same weights and reps except these did 15/15 reps for all weights
These feel AWESOME. I don't know why I never did them before! Totally feel it in the inner head of my tricep... The part I have a hard time growing. NOW I know what to do to hit them directly! Sweeeet!

Pull-Ups
All BW x 8, 7, 7
Dang I was stuggling with these... I remember my PR of 15 a while ago... Now I can barely do 8?! WTFFFFF!!!

SUPERSET WITH

Alternating Hammer Curls to the Chest
17.5x12/12, 17.5x10/10, 17.5x8/8
Left arm was giving out... Feels like an obstructive massive pump in the way haha. Weird but true!

Post-Workout Supplementation
2.5 scoops of DE Cafe Mocha in 8 oz of 2% Milk

Previous Workout Soreness Evaluation
None.

Thoughts
Workout was fairly decent. Got tired quite fast. But I did do more sets than the usual 3-4...

Also, changed my brake pads today... Those things were bothering me. And I now know why it's important to have those lifts to lift the car to eye level and higher... Cuz it's a freaking back-breaker to bend over and try to get that freaking tire on lol. Dang my back was tired after that...

Notes on IXL: Well, more like the bottle. I like how the seal popped when I took it off. It was sealed nicely... Not like most products I get nowadays where the seal comes off with the top and such... It's nice to know that AEN takes care of their products well to ensure freshness! Excellent job.

Also, had some slight tingles. For a moment when I was changing songs on my computer. I thought I was gonna have an outbreak! But I didn't! Thank GOODNESS! :D I hate those freaking tingles lol.​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 2, Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thoughts
Just noting that I took 6 capsules of IXL :) Feeling slight tingles... It's pretty mild and unobstructive... So I'm O.K. with it :p
[/size]

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Ah, there you are. subbed :head:

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 3, Monday, July 16, 2007

Workout
Legs

Squats
135x12, 185x10, 235x5, 285x5, [size=+3]*315x15 P FREAKING R*[/size]
That's right... Three Hundred and Fifteen Pounds for Fifteen Reps... Time to move up... I knew I was feeling good when the 285 was feeling light... SO BOOYAHKASHA! I'm so happy lol

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
30'sx12, 40'sx12, 50'sx12
Man... Doing these slowly and getting that muscle-mind connection in this exercise... Felt so good. Huge quad pump and my glutes and hams were feeling it really good as well :D

Leg Extensions
90x30, 110x30, 130x30, 150x25
HYUUUGE quad pump haha. Had to stretch these out super good between sets of...

Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises
90x20, 110x15, 130x15, 140x12
Killed my calves... Also supersetted these with...

Standing Bodyweight Left Calf Raises
15, 15, 15, 15
Yeah... Since my left calf is one inch smaller than my right, I gotta step it up on the left side :D

Treadmill
Walked on it for 6 minutes at 3.5 mph for 5 minutes and 3.0 for 1 minute. The Incline adjusted itself since I set it on cardio, so the incline went from like 3 to 6 to 5 and whatnot... I ended up getting .38 miles. So it's cool. Just wanted to warm-up my body for the sauna.

Sauna
12 minutes in that hot place. Good sweat. Good heat. Always love it :)

2.5 scoops of DE Cafe Mocha in 8 oz of 2% Milk
No IXL since I took 3 caps in the morning with my oats :p

None.

Thoughts
Freaking 315 for 15 reps... So happy. I need to shower lol.​
[/size]

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
holy sh1t dude, 315x15?!?!?!?!?!?! serious?!

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
holy sh1t dude, 315x15?!?!?!?!?!?! serious?!
HECKS YEAH! My favorite exercise. Glad you're unbanned from bb.com lol

Whenever something is my favorite exercise, the numbers shoot up for it. Now I want bench press to be my favorite exercise so it'll be effing huge lol

Also, thanks for being the first NON-AEN-REP visitor to this log on this forum :D

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HECKS YEAH! My favorite exercise. Glad you're unbanned from bb.com lol

Whenever something is my favorite exercise, the numbers shoot up for it. Now I want bench press to be my favorite exercise so it'll be effing huge lol

Also, thanks for being the first NON-AEN-REP visitor to this log on this forum :D
lol, your welcome

**** man, 315x15 is insane. most ive ever done was 310x4 and im like 30 lbs heavier than you i think :eek:

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
lol, your welcome

**** man, 315x15 is insane. most ive ever done was 310x4 and im like 30 lbs heavier than you i think :eek:
I think people who are heavier than me can squat more than me. Just gotta really push it. Have some motivation... like a friend spotting you that you want to beat in squats. Or a lady is watching... or to be a crowd pleaser haha. I love it when everyone stairs when they see this small guy push more weight than they are willing to try!

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 4, Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Workout
Chest

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
40'sx12, 50'sx10, 60'sx5, 70'sx5, 80'sx6
During the 80's, I had a MASSIVE HEADACHE... like a blood vessel popped in my head. The pain diminished as the workout went on... But still... that hurt like a beezy fo' sheezy.

Hanging Dips
All BW x 12, 12, 12, 12, 10
Head hurt a bit still here. Feeling the stretch in this exercise again, but not the contraction (for chest that is). I think I remember saying I was gonna take these out haha. Oh yeah, I didn't do incline cuz I thought my head was gonna hurt even more...

Decline HammerStrength Presses
90x12, 110x12, 130x12, 140x10
Head hurt a bit here too... But a little less. Not cool. GREAT contraction in the pectorals here... So I was happy.

Cable CrossOvers
24'sx20, 36'sx16, 36'sx12, 48'sx10
Wasn't feeling it in my left pec... But felt it in the right... Kinda weird :p

Pushdowns on the Lat-Pulldown Machine
36x20, 60x8, 60x8
Warm-up those tri'ssss!!!

Kickbacks
15x12/12, 15x12/12, 20x12/12, 20x12/12, 20x12/12
Defintiely feel these in the inner head A LOT. Super pumped. Pretty awesome :D

2.5 scoops of DE Cafe Mocha

Tear-drop, hams and glutes :p

Thoughts
Fun times at the gym. Saw a friend there that I didn't expect to. He can DB shoulder press a lot lol. 90's for reps... I was jealous :p

The head hurting thing kinda ruined the workout. BLAH SUCKS!. But I still pressed on. I was about to quit for the day after the bench too... Yeah.. it hurt that bad!​
[/size]

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good, keep the updates coming!:head:

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 5, Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thoughts
Just noting that I took six caps Wednesday and the tingles were sucky. I noticed that tingles only come when my body temperature is raised. So... Darn these hot days lol​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 6, Thursday, July 19, 2007

Workout
Back

Pull-Downs
72x15, 84x12
Used the Neutral-Wide-Grip Bar. Just wanted to get a warm-up

Pull-Ups
BWx8, BWx8, BW+10x9 *PR*, BW+20x6 *PR*
OK. After the first set, my THROBBING HEADACHE came back. Again, it felt like something had ruptured in my brain... But when I feel the top of my head, it feels like I bruised it and it is very sensitive... Well, of course I haven't hit my head on anything in a very long time... So I dunno what's up. I noticed that if I control my breathing to deep breaths and exhale on the positive, it hurts less. So I did that and was able to hit some PR's! First time I've done weighted pull-ups... It felt good to do that many with weights, but freaking my head was hurting like a mofo... Not cool.

Deadlifts
95x12, 135x5, 175x8, 225x6
No belt. My head would hurt after 5 reps starting on the 2nd set... DANG it hurt doing 135. The pain was less (but not by much) for the last sets... So I tried my best to think of my muscles instead of my hurting brain. It didn't work. I know I can do way more but my brain hurt. Sucks.

T-Bar Rows
25x15, 50x12, 75x10, 100x8, 125x8
Head didn't hurt as much here, but I could tell it was still there... It really bothered me so I ended the workout here.

Chest is mildly sore. Legs are A-O.K.

Thoughts
AHHH WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY FREAKING HEAD! Sorry AEN and devote followers of my log. I will be taking ONE (1) week off to heal my brain. When I get back to working out, if the pain persists, I will definitely see a doctor. I will continue to take 2 servings a day of IXL and hopefully when I get back, I'll be SUPER STRONG! I'll try to keep up on the boards to play with you guys though :D

I also have a midterm and a final next week, so it's kinda cool that this headache rest comes at this time. But it sucks for my body and my transformation contest... But can't really do anything about it. It's out of my hands. Hopefully the rest will make me GFH and my head will be fixed. Cya when I cya!​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 7, Friday, July 20, 2007

Thoughts
Just noting that I took 6 caps of IXL. Hopefully, when I'm in tip-top shape, the raised carnosine levels will give me a SUPER boost :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 8, Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thoughts
6 caps. Yummy NAC smell. Head is feeling better but bouts of slight light-headedness happen every once in a while... But not painful. So all is good so far.​
[/size]

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nicely done log and great title :) I had to look at that squat weight a couple of times once I saw your body weight. Great job on that kind of lift.

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Nicely done log and great title :) I had to look at that squat weight a couple of times once I saw your body weight. Great job on that kind of lift.
haha thanks. I'm approximately 160 lbs now, if that makes a difference lol

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 9, Sunday, July 21, 2007

Thoughts
Still some light-headedness, but less frequent. Doing some homework for my short calc class and I have my last midterm for it tomorrow. Plus I have the final for the class on thursday >.< eek!

Also gotta do a write-up on Paul the Apostle for the middle school kids. "Paul: The Legacy." I heard from someone that Paul the Apostle was voted the most influential man ever from Time magazine... Couldn't find that Time so I dunno. Anyway, it's a write-up on the area he affected, the past and the present. It's also on how he changed the world's pretty chaotic views on family, religion, culture, practices, and etc. Surprisingly, it's more than I've ever thought... If Christianity had never been, would the world be better or worse than it is now? So I've gotta go back into context of Paul's time and see the amazing chaos of that time which would have grown worse and worse through time. From speculation of course. Pretty interesting stuff.

But yes, I guess the gym sessions I miss allow me for more time for other things... for now :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 10, Monday, July 22, 2007

Thoughts
Ugh... Studying for calculus = light-headedness in itself lol.

Here's an interesting read on how Paul affected the people and area of his time :D

http://www.probe.org/content/view/29/77/
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 11, Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Workout
Arms

Close-Grip Bench
65x15, 85x12, 95x12, 105x10, 115x8, 135x6
Everyone keeps saying, "CGBP build tri's like a mothertrucker!" So I did them. They're O.K. lol No major pump from these. They did tire me out though! Plus I SUPERSET them with...

Wide-Grip Barbell Curls
All barbell (45 lbs) x 12, 10, 10, 10, 8, 12
Last set was like 5 cheats lol. It was good. Massive bi pump! Good to superset these two.....

Parallel Bar Dips
BWx12, +20x10, +25x10, +35x8, +45x6
Masssssive tri pump! I'd name this the king of all tri exercises! Plus I SUPERSETTED them with...

Chin-ups
All BW x 12, 10, 8, 8, 6
Dang these were hard. It really worked my grip but it got my bi's really good. I was trying not to use so much back as well, so it was good. If I was trying to work my back, I'd do Pull-ups :p

Kick-backs
15x15/15, 20x12/12, 25x12/12
I could hardly feel these cuz my tri's were too pumped... But it was good still lol. SUPERSET WITH...

Dumbbell Curls (not alternating)
15x15, 20x12, 25x8 -drop-> 15x6
My arms were already pumped and tired here... so... Just a good killer in general :D

Reverse Cable Flies
12'sx10, 12'sx8, 24'sx6, 24'sx2
Oh gosh.. last set was just terrible. Way too tired haha. But definitely fun. Since all my exercises involved the delts somehow, I decided to throw in some good rear delt action. And it was good...

NO THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell since I took it earlier in the day.

No soreness AND NO HEADACHES! WHOO!~ I'M BACK!

Thoughts
With three NO boosters in my pre-workout supps (arginine, citrulline malate, and beta alanine), it would be weird if my arms WEREN'T super pumped. But fo sho they were! I'm quite happy with this workout. Great comeback workout from being scared half to death about aneurysms... Which I still am actually lol...

But good stuff today. Quite happy. Summer school is almost over too! Can't be sad about that! YESSSSS~!​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 12, Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thoughts
Just noting that I took my 6 IXL caps today. Still smells like egg fart, but eh. Final on Thursday and SQUATS after that! WHOO~ I'm hyped. Plus I'm gonna use Steel Edge :) Since it'll be 13 days of saturating my body with IXL.​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 13, Thursday, July 26, 2007

ONE serving of Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge

ONE scoop ISS Satur8 LemonHeds Lemonade (like 3 hours pre-)
ONE scoop Ergopharm Stamin02 (like 3 hours pre-)

Workout
Best Leg day ever.

Squats
135x12, 185x10, 235x8, 285x6, [size=+2]*325x8, 335x8 TWO PR's!*[/size]
OMFG... Best Squats. EVAR.! So good. So good... Definitely gonna bump the weight up next week! Dunno if Steel Edge proved to be the factor here, or just the raised carnosine levels and one week off working out... So yeah! WHO CARES! PR'S MOTHER-EFFERS! Plus I got complimented on my strength by TWO different people today! Flippin' sweet.

Leg Press SUPERSET WITH Calf Press
90x20/25, 180x15/20, 270x12/15, 360x10/15
Went really deep on the first three sets, like you could hear the leg press machine hit the total bottom. Got scared on the last set to do the same, so I went a little past 90 degrees. All in all, super quad hitter and calves weren't feeling too shabby either :D

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
30'sx12, 40'sx12, 40'sx12
Was feeling really wobbly on the second set, so I didn't bump it up to 50's on the last. Still an awesome leg killer over-all.

Decline Ball-Twist Crunches
15 ball x 10 reps x 2 sets
This kicked my butt. Abs were on fire after the first set. And to do another set... OMG. Felt good. Gotta get those abs back. They kinda went away :eek: Oh yeah, it's done like: one regular crunch, ball is thrown to person, twist crunch with ball down up, throw ball back, one regular crunch, repeat...

Leg Extensions
90x30, 110x30, 130x30, 150x25
Quads were most pumped here. Always a good thing.

Standing Calf Raises on Smith Machine
90x20, 140x15
Tired. Calves were about to cramp. Good pump in calves though.

NO THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell since I took it earlier in the day.

Very little soreness in bi's and tri's.

Thoughts
PR's. /end workout :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 14, Friday, July 27, 2007

ONE scoop ISS Satur8 LemonHeds Lemonade (like 3 hours pre-)
ONE scoop Ergopharm Stamin02 (like 3 hours pre-)

Workout
Chest, Back, and a little bit of Shoulders

40'sx12, 50'sx10, 60'sx8, 70'sx6, 80'x4+2 assisted, one barely and the other a lot
This bench press is NOT going up. Really stuck at 80'sx6 really... Gotta break the plateau. But I did SUPERSET with...

Pull-Ups
72x15, 96x15, BWx12, +10x9.5, +20x7.5
First two sets were reverse-wide-grip pull-downs to warm up. Pull-ups were normal-wide-grip. The halves are because I couldn't get my chin over the bar. But I really felt it in my lats, so it was good!

T-bar Rows
25x15, 50x15, 75x12, 100x10, 125x3 *THEN FLIP*
Freaking last set, the back part of the bar comes flying up even though 3 35's were on it lol. I'm gonna start putting weight onto the bar instead of just on top of it from now on so it doesn't come off the floor again.

Gironda Dips with Knees lifted
BWx15, BWx12, +20x10, +20x10
These felt good. Body is definitely leaning more forward with knees to chest and works the chest a lot more! Good job Gironda lol

Two-Handed Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows
25'sx15, 35'sx12, 45'sx12, 55'sx8, 60'sx8
Form was terrible on last set haha. I was like at a 60 degree angle :p... Oh well. It's all good!

Machine Flies SUPERSET WITH Reverse Machine Flies
85x12/12, 100x12/12, 115x10/10, 130x10/10
These felt ok... Really have to squeeze my shoulder blades together to feel it in my chest. Reverse flies were good too. Squeeze them shoulders!

Side Laterals SUPERSET WITH Rear Laterals
15x12/12, 15x10/10, 20x10/10, 20x8/8, 20x8/8
Good pump. Shoulders looked EXTRA wide after this. Great pump move before hitting the beach to look extra buff

Legs are pretty sore but not I-Can't-Get-Up-The-Stairs sore :p

Thoughts
Tough workout to do all upper body... But good. I'm satisfied. Going on a camping trip from Sunday through Wednesday. Wednesday night I'll be back to workout :D

I also forgot that I'll be camping the week after next for the WHOLE week. I will continue to use IXL, but since I cannot work out, I will buy another bottle of IXL myself to truly evaluate IXL well. Maybe I'll buy a tub of SteelEdge for kicks :D But yes, sorry people at AEN for not considering this camping trip before my app. I will do an extra month with no distractions I hope.. :eek:
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 15, Saturday, July 28, 2007

Thoughts
REMINDER:
Tough workout to do all upper body... But good. I'm satisfied. Going on a camping trip from Sunday through Wednesday. Wednesday night I'll be back to workout :D

I also forgot that I'll be camping the week after next for the WHOLE week. I will continue to use IXL, but since I cannot work out, I will buy another bottle of IXL myself to truly evaluate IXL well. Maybe I'll buy a tub of SteelEdge for kicks :D But yes, sorry people at AEN for not considering this camping trip before my app. I will do an extra month with no distractions I hope.. :eek:
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 19, Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Workout
Chest & Back

40'sx10, 50'sx10, 60'sx8, 70'sx8, 80'x3
K... 80's are NOT going up. But I feel my chest is getting bigger cuz I'm doing more reps for the 3rd and 4th set... So it's good lol. I guess the last set is to build strength so I can do more reps for the lower weights. I SUPERSET WITH...

Pull-Ups
72x18, 96x15, BWx10, +10x8, +20x7.5
First two sets were reverse-wide-grip pull-downs to warm up. Pull-ups were normal-wide-grip. Pull-ups are getting better I think. Good mind-muscle connection.

One-Arm Dumbbell Rows
50'sx12, 75'sx10, 85'sx8, 100'sx5
Getting back into these. Pretty good for taking a month off 'em. Hope to be repping 100'sx12 in a couple weeks. Too bad that's where the dumbbells stop... But I think my university's gym goes higher when I move there. SUPER SET WITH...

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
30'sx12, 40'sx10, 50'sx8, 60'sx8
Getting back into these as well. Felt good. No shoulder pain. TIME TO GFH UPPER CHEST!

T-Bar Rows
25x15, 50x12, 75x12, 100x10
Phew. These got me tired as well. Good contraction though. I knew it was a superb workout after these... SUPERSET WITH...

Gironda Dips with Knees lifted
BWx12, BWx12, +10x10, +20x10
Felt strong on these. I think I coulda done more reps if I rested longer. But I was SO tired.

Decline HammerStrength Presses
90x12, 110x12, 130x10, 140x10
SUPER GOOD CONTRACTION. Don't need to go heavy to feel it hit the outer and lower chest. Awesome machine... No superset here.

Cable CrossOvers
24'sx16, 36'sx12, 36'sx12
Felt light and nice. Contraction wasn't really there, but I think that was due to a huge chest pump... SUPERSET WITH...

Reverse Cable Flies
24'sx8 for 3 sets
Great delt and trapz worker. MUCHO TIRED HERE.

NONE! VACATION!

Thoughts
Felt good. I don't think the SE really did anything for me in this workout. Little bit of pain in the tri's, but none on the shoulders... So that's kinda bad and good. Orange TRIad seems to be doing it's thang~! Haven't had PR's for chest in a while... Gotta make it my favorite day again to get massive gains! Hopefully 3 months of IXL will change my body as I work harder too! :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 20, Thursday, August 2, 2007

Workout
Legs

Squats
135x20, 185x12, 235x8, 285x6, 315x5
Bleh, really went down in numbers here lol. Pretty bad for the last day before the end of the competition. But I'm glad I hit 335x8 last week... Kinda doing more reps for the working sets (3rd and 4th). No spotter today, so less confidence, so lower numbers :(

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
These don't exhaust me as bad as before. Definitely gonna bump up the weights when I get back from camping the week after next.

Leg Extensions
90x25, 110x26, 130x25
lol wasn't paying attention to the count in my head for the second set and went one rep over. I'm kinda sick still, so I cut everything a bit short today. I was hawking massive loogies~

90x20, 110x15, 130x15, 140x15
As usual, I supersetted these with just left calf standing raises on the ground with bodyweight. Gotta get that left calf as big as the right!

Seated Calf Raises
45x15, 70x15, 70x15
My thighs don't really fit well between two of the levels... So my quads were feeling weird during this. Good contraction nonetheless.

Decline Ball Twist Crunches
20x10, 20x8
Abs felt good after these. Definitely a breathe-taker.

NO THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell b/c took 3 earlier in day.

Trapz and lats are a bit sore. Chest a little. Delts are more than chest.

Thoughts
Transformation contest is pretty much over. I'll be logging in here until I finish 2 bottles of IXL. JOY~!​
[/size]

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, post a vid of your 315x15 squat, i wanna see that sh1znit!

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Dude, post a vid of your 315x15 squat, i wanna see that sh1znit!
Hm... OK! We'll see what I can do on Monday. I haven't worked out in like 9 days.... but if I feel good, I can get it! Plus I feel so hyped to get back into the gym!

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 30, Thursday, August 12, 2007

ONE serving of Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge (15 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (15 minutes before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (15 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (one hour before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (one hour before)
One serving of ISS Satur8 (one hour before)
One serving of Ergopharm Stamin02 (one hour before)

Workout
Chest
Flat Barbell Bench Press
95x12, 135x8, 135x6, 155x5, 155x4
Whew... Back to BBBP... Kinda weak numbers, but I haven't worked out for 9 days and was doing dumbbells for a good 2-3 months only. I enjoyed it though and my concentration was pretty good.

Incline Barbell Bench Press
95x10, 115x8, 115x8, 135x6, 135x5
Good stretch on these. I feel the stretch and contraction better on BB than DB for this move. Weird, but that's just the way it goes!

Parallel Bar Dips
BWx12, BWx10, +10x10, +10x8, +20x8
Felt it more in my triceps than chest, but that's ok. I did it Gironda style to work more of the lower chest, but I guess it didn't work out that well. It's still better than doing it not Gironda style though (for lower chest that is).

Decline HammerStrength Press
90x20, 110x15, 130x15
My chest and tri's were pretty shot by now, so I cut the sets down. My mental focus was pretty high though. My body felt tired, but my mind was very awake and aware!

Cable CrossOvers
24'sx16, 24'sx16, 36'sx12
Chest was pretty pumped. 36's were quite hard to do.

CloseGrip Bench Press
65x10, 85x6
Wow... Didn't know how shot my tri's were. Had to drop the bar on my chest for the last set and change to regular flat bench grip and it was still hard to get the bar up haha.

None.

Thoughts
Gonna start the 2nd bottle of IXL. w00t~! Sam was kind enough to gimme some SteelEdge as well. Thanks a lot, bud!

This was a good comeback workout. I feel so energized even after the workout. I think it has to do with the SteelEdge. The SE didn't kick-in until the incline presses, so I think I'm gonna take SE 30 minutes pre-workout instead of 15 minutes.

And to those who said the tingles go away... They don't lol. I just feel more comfortable with them now and they kinda get me pumped :D

Ah... Excited to hit legs tomorrow, but I have a feeling 315 is gonna be tough... :p
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 31, Monday, August 13, 2007

ONE serving of Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge (20 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (20 minutes before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (20 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (one.five hours before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (one.five hours before)
One serving of ISS Satur8 (one.five hours before)
One serving of Ergopharm Stamin02 (one.five hours before)

Workout
Legzzz

Squats
95x15, 135x12, 185x10, 235x5, 285x5, 315x8
Dang.. Went up in squats from two weeks ago, but still down from three weeks ago... Gotta build up to these again. I was even shaking on 285... Darn.

90x20/20, 180x15/15, 270x12
These really burned my quads! I went from all the way from the top to all the way to the bottom! You could hear the machine hit the bottom everytime I went down lol. Awesome stretch and much harder to press from flat bottom.

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
3 sets of 30'sx12
Yeah... I just couldn't handle going up in weight after squats and leg presses. My legs were SHOT. They still are now... I had trouble going up the stairs after the workout lol.

Leg Extensions
90x20, 110x20, 130x20
Yeah, I don't even know why I did these. They were so hard to do lol. My quads were so pumped.

90x12, 110x12, 130x12
My friend was pretty tired by then so we only did 3 sets. Coulda done more reps and sets... And should have :p

CHEST IS SO FREAKING SORE. SO HARD TO BRING ARMS BACK TO GRIP BAR DURING SQUATS.

Thoughts
Ugh... One more packet of SteelEdge, then SE on Thurs! W00t.

So tired. Gotta shower and rest... Hope I'm not too sore tomorrow... Gotta buy jeans lol.​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 31, Monday, August 13, 2007

ONE serving of Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge (20 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (20 minutes before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (20 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (45 minutes before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (45 minutes before)
One serving of ISS Satur8 (45 minutes before)
One serving of Ergopharm Stamin02 (45 minutes before)

Workout
Back

Pull-Ups
BWx8, BWx8, +10x8, +20x6, +20x4.5
It was cool. Good back contraction.

T-Bar Rows
25x15, 50x12, 75x10, 100x8
Put weights on the back of the bar. It came off doing 100. Odd.

Barbell Rows
95x12, 95x12, 95x12, 135x10, 155x8
Haven't done these in a while. Felt good. Gonna add it regularly.

CHEST IS SO FREAKING SORE. SO HARD TO BRING ARMS BACK TO GRIP BAR DURING SQUATS.

Thoughts
Quite tired. Had to finish the workout quickly to help dad with some work at home. It's all good...

Whoever said the BA tingling goes away after 2 weeks of use is WRONG. :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 34, Thursday, August 16, 2007

ONE serving of Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge (30 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (30 minutes before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (30 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (1.5 hours before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (1.5 hours before)
One serving of ISS Satur8 (1.5 hours before)
One serving of Ergopharm Stamin02 (1.5 hours before)

Workout
Shoulders and Arms

Deadlifts
95x20, 135x12, 175x10, 205x8, 245x6, 275x9 *PR*
Haven't done deadlifts in a while. Came back with one extra rep since the last time I did them. w00t. I like when my hammies and glutes aren't sore at the end of the week so I can do deadlifts :D

Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
25x12 Arnold's, 35x10, 40x8, 45x6, 50x8
Whew... Haven't done these in a while too. I was just in the mood to workout... So every exercise today was goooood.

15'sx12/12, 20'sx10/10, 25'sx8/8 --DROPSET--> 15'sx6/6
Good burnout at the end. Quite fun :)

Close-Grip Bench Press SUPERSET WITH Wide-Grip EZ-Bar Curls
65x12/45x8, 85x10/45x8, 105x8/45x8, 115x6/45x8, 125x6/45x8, 135x8/45x8
Arm poppin' goodness.

Rope Push-downs SUPERSET WITH Rope Curls
60x12/10, 60x10/8, 60x10/8
Wow... Didn't realize how tired my tri's and bi's were. I was very mentally focused though.

Cable Reverse Flies SUPERSET WITH Cable Double-Bicep Curls
12's x12 reps x3 sets
I wanted to do more arm stuff after this but the gym closed on me. Boooo~

Inner hammies are a little bit sore. Tri's were a little sore as well for some reason. Chest healed up nicely.

Thoughts
Carbs + IXL = no tingles. Sweeet. My arms are very fatigued now... It feels good :D Man, I love deadlifts :)
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 37, Sunday, August 19, 2007

Workout
Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press
95x12, 135x8, 135x8, 155x8, 175x2 -drop-> 155x3 -drop-> 135x4
Man... 175 was feeling heavy and I could only do 2 reps on my own... So I decided to burn out and do a bit of a drop set. The only rest I got was when I brought down the weight. It was actually quite satisfying.. but dangerous cuz I had no spotter haha.

95x10, 115x10, 115x8, 135x8, 135x7
On the last set, I had to roll it down my chest and to my hips and then put it on the floor! LOL I didn't think I'd need a spotter... Next time I know. But still, it hit my upper chest REALLY well. Good focus!

Parallel Bar Dips
BWx12, BWx10, +10x10, +20x10, +25x8
Ah... Going up in numbers here. Doing 25 again. But I feel it in my chest more than when I used to do it way back when. Chest was feeling hyuuuge by this exercise :D

90x12, 110x12, 130x10, 130x10
OK... Power outage at the gym... So the last two sets were done in the dark lol. It was kinda cool, but then we all got kicked out of the gym :( There was still 20 minutes before closing too.

None. Though my trapz were pretty sore since Thursday. Today it was barely.

Thoughts
Was gonna do some Cable CrossOvers... But the power outage cut the workout short. Lameness. It was a good chest workout overall though. Hardly any shoulder/bi connection pain. Just did some awesome stretching between sets. My chest was feeling very full and so were my tri's. Good stuff :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 38, Monday, August 20, 2007

Workout
Wheels

Squats
135x20, 185x12, 235x5, 285x5, 315x12, 335x10 *PR*
+2 on the last set. Good stuff. Pretty spent after it too lol.

90x20/25, 180x15/15, 270x12/0
First two sets were ATG. You could here it clash at the bottom :D Last set was ATG for 5 reps and then I couldn't do it anymore, so I had to do 7 "half reps"... or I guess they were regular.

Leg Extensions
90x25, 110x25, 130x25 150x25
These felt pretty easy, oddly. Probably cuz I didn't do walking dumbbell lunges before it :p or during this workout for that matter.

90x20, 140x15, 170x15, 170x15
Didn't BLAST my calves, but still good. Man, typing this up is getting me really sweaty... Weird.

Weighted Crunches SUPERSET WITH Chair Ab Lifts
60x12/0, 72x20/15, 72x15/12
I haven't done these in a while. Definitely need to and to up the weight.

Chest is pretty sore. Hard to reach back onto the bar after squats.

Thoughts
A lady fell today at the gym. My legs are tired. I'm sweaty by typing. Time to shower!​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 39, Tuesday, August 21, 2007

THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (1 hour before)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (1 hour before)
One serving of ISS Satur8 (1 hour before)
One serving of Ergopharm Stamin02 (1 hour before)

Workout
Back

PullDowns(first 3 sets)/PullUps
72x15, 96x12, 96x12, BWx8, BWx8, +10x8, +20x4.5
Phew. I was really tired today. Probably cuz hit chest then legs back-to-back. Then back... chest-to-legs-to-back.

T-bar Rows
25x20, 50x15, 75x12, 100x12, 125x8
Not bad. This exercise makes me feel thicker :D

Barbell Rows (Reverse Grip)
Barx15, 95x12, 95x12, 95x12, 115x12, 135x12, 135x12
Yeah, I didn't realize the number of sets I did until now. Craziness. Felt amazingly good though. I thought my back was off the heezy :)

Barbell Bicep Curls SUPERSET WITH Barbell Wrist Curls
Bar x 12/12 x 3 sets, 50x12/12
Wrist curls = pumped up forearms lol. They felt huge, but didn't look huge :p Maybe I'll keep these in the regimen to see if my forearms GFH!

Dumbbell Curls
15x12, 25x12, 25x12, 25x12
Yeah... Not alternating. Was quite tired and done with the workout by now :p

2.5 scoops of DE Cafe Mocha (NO MORE! Can't wait for the Smooooth Banana to come)

Chest is still sore. Legs are not that sore, though I expect them to be tomorrow. Calves are minorly sore.

Thoughts
TIRED. 3 days of working out in a row may be a no-no from now on. Just killed me! BLAH. TIRED.​
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 41, Wednesday, August 23, 2007

Workout
Head, shoulders, knees and toes. Knees and toes.

Deadlifts
135x20, 135x12, 185x12, 225x8, 275x5
Blah... 275 was kinda heavy. Guess I still gotta work on 265 until I can hit 12 reps.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
25'sx12 (arnold's), 35'sx12, 40'sx12, 45'sx8, 50'sx8, 55'sx8
Definitely good on my shoulders. No aches or pains. Felt good to start these again.

15'sx12/12, 20'sx12/12, (side laterals only)25'sx10/10 -drop-> 20'sx10/10 -drop-> 15'sx10/10, (rear laterals only) same weight, reps, and drops as previous
Good stuff. HUUUGE shoulder pump :D Rear delts were poppin' like crazy!

Reverse Cable Flies SUPERSET WITH Double-Hand Cable Curls
12'sx12/12, 24'sx12/12, 24'sx12/12, 24'sx10/36'sx10
Biceps weren't really worked out too well. Reverse Cable flies rock!

Close-Grip Bench SUPERSET WITH Barbell Curls
65x15/45x12, 85x12/45x12, 105x10/45x10, 115x6/45x10, 135x5/45x10
I wanted to do some kickbacks and db curls after this... but no time :(

2.5 scoops of ON Whey ChocoMint. It tastes good again lol.

No soreness oddly. Felt good to be NOT sore.

Thoughts
I need to do more stuff for arms :(
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 45, Monday, August 27, 2007

ONE. FIVE servings of Athletic Edge Nutrition Steel Edge (30 minutes before)
THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (Earlier in day)
Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (Earlier in day)

Workout
Chest-A-Roonie!

Flat Barbell Bench Press
95x12, 135x8, 155x8, 175x??, 185x??, 135x10
Dunno the numbers for 175 and 185 cuz I was mostly doing negatives, so my spotter was helping me on the positives. It was a good deep stretch. I noticed I can now reach my chest on bench press :p Before, I'd be an inch or two away and that was as far as I could stretch.

95x10, 115x10, 135x8, 155x??
Again, worked on negatives for the last set. I can really feel it in my upper chest :D

Parallel Bar Dips
BWx15, BWx12, +10x12, +20x10, +25x7.5
Great for outer and lower chest. Definitely got my tri's pumped too. Man, I love this exercise!

90x12, 110x12, 130x10, 140x10
My chest was pretty shot by now. Still did some...

Machine Flies
100x10, 130x8, 160x8

Decline Ball Ab Twist Sit-Ups
15x10
Man, love this move. Even one set just kills! ABS baby!

Weighted Crunches SUPERSET WITH Leg Lifts
60x20/12, 70x15/12
My abs were pretty much crushed by now lol. I dunno how people can do a lot of ab exercises :eek:

2.5 scoops of Dymatize Smooth Banana Whey

No soreness. First workout of the week!

Thoughts
My body is pretty tired now, but my mind is wired! As you can see from my pre-WO supps, I took 1.5 scoops of SteelEdge and lemme tell you... I was ON. Definitely better than one scoop only. So that's cool :D

Also, Dymatize Smooth Banana... Yum! But I'm thinking I'll get sick of it quickly :( Good thing there's that ON chocomint to fall back on when I get sick of it. Plus I still got some I-Pro :D
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 46, Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Three tablets of Controlled Labs Orange TRIad (Earlier in day)

Workout
Back

Pull-Ups
72x20 (pull-downs reverse grip), BWx8, +10x6, +20x5, +25x4.5
The weights chained around my waist kept hitting the center poll cuz I do the pull-ups on a dip/pull-up/arm-chair thing. It was annoying but yeah, I was kinda pushing it on all these sets and my numbers aren't going up. I wish my gym just had a plain flat bar for pull-ups instead of those bent pieces of crap!

Deadlifts
95x15, 135x12, 185x6, 235x5, 275x4
Last set was terrible form. Dunno what I'm doing lol. I dunno why I was taking less rest between sets, but it definitely screwed me up. I also felt over-heated, if y'know what I mean... And that bothers me cuz I feel too hot to work out. Later in the workout I get cold though lol. Weird.

Seated Cable Rows
60x15, 110x12, 160x10, 200x3 -drop-> 180x3 -drop-> 150x5
Meh, I'm not digging seated cable rows right now. I'mma go back to T-bars for a while. I got that T-bar row form down to a T :)D)!

Barbell Rows
95x12, 95x12, 115x12, 135x12, 155x15, 165x12
Reverse-grip and lovely! LOL New favorite exercise. Seriously.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
25x12 (arnolds), 35x10, 40x10, 50x10
Decided to do some shoulders for fun :)

15x12/8
Too tired by now. BLAH.

Chest is a bit sore.

Thoughts
Any good neck exercises? I fell like my neck is too small. Updated pictures later cuz I took some for fun. You'll see. I feel like I got fatter too :p
[/size]

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 48, Thursday, August 30, 2007

ONE serving of Ultimate Nutrition Horse Power (1 hour before)

Workout
Legs fo shawty

Squats
95x15, 135x12, 185x6, 235x5, 185x5, 315x8, 315x12
Good squatting. Felt like a frickin' beast! Tearing it up with squats. I went ATG on the warm-ups and boy are they back killers :p I totally lose form going ATG. Definitely not the way to go for me. Just a little past parallel works very well for me. On the last set, I could feel every hamstring fiber shaking and working... That feels so good... Just puts me in a good mood! :)

90x15/15, 180x12/12, 270x10/12, 360x10/10
Excellent quad killers. As usual, I do this on the lower part of the platform. And I have one of those leg presses where the platform bends in the middle.

Walking Dumbbell Lunges
I had to take HYUUGE rest breaks in between cuz these were so exhausting. I felt so in the mood to workout though, it was great! I didn't even faulter on any of these sets. Feels goooood.

Leg Extensions
90x30, 110x25, 130x20, 150x20
I guess it's time to bump up the weight cuz these are getting easy. Start warming up with 110 and going up to 170...

Seated Calf Raises
45x15, 70x15, 90x15, 115xSUCKYPRESSES
K, 115 is too heavy for me lol. Terrible form. No full ROM. So no-go!

90x15, 140x15, 180x15, 180x12
Calves felt strong... Coulda done more I think. Should have. Why did I stop? lol

Decline Ball Twist Crunches
15x10
I think I've explained these before. Works abs and obliques quite GOOD.

Chest is still sore! I think cuz of those EXTREME stretching stuffs.

Thoughts
I don't know why, but this workout felt SO good! I was just in a jolly mood. I was very focused in all my exercises. And between sets, I even did exercises for fun... Like pull-ups where you go from one side to the other and back. I also Maxed out on the machine fly lol. 250 lbs for 1 rep! NEW PR even though it was leg day! Tons of energy. Felt good. I'm not crashing now either or buzzed. I can sleep soundly :D Good workout fo sho!​
[/size]

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
where are the vidz of the squats newb!

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
hes on vacation foo!
Dang... I haven't been on a vacation in years... or like a real one with family and stuff.

I'll be moving stuff next week, I'll try to get a vid the week after... REMIND ME!

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Day 50, Saturday, September 1, 2007

THREE capsules of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntraXcell (Post-Workout actually)
ONE serving of Ultimate Nutrition Horse Power (1 hour before)

Workout
Demolition Delts & Gargantuan Guns~

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
25'sx12 (arnold's), 35'sx12, 40'sx10, 45'sx8, 50'sx8, 55'sx8
First set is always warm-up. Felt pretty strong on these... Increase in weight on last set? Still, pretty good without a spotter... but dangerous :p

Seated Side Laterals SUPERSET WITH Standing Rear Laterals
15'sx12/12, 20'sx10/10, 25'sx8/8, 30'sx8/8 -DROP-> 15'sx8/8
Dang, these felt good! Rear delts were definitely poppin' and the baseball diamond shape is coming to the delts. Rock on. :D

Reverse Cable Flies SUPERSET WITH Double-Bicep Cable Curls
12'sx12/12, 24'sx12/12, 24'sx12/12, 24'sx12/12
Also a good pump for rear delts. Good warm-up for biceps.

Close-Grip Bench Press SUPERSET WITH Wide-Grip Straight-Bar Bicep Curls
45x12/65x12, 50x10/85x10, 50x10/95x8, 50x10/115x8, 55x10/135x8
Little help on the last set for the last rep of CGBP. Felt good. Biceps were pretty pumped. Tri's were getting fatigued.

Alternating Dumbbell Curls SUPERSET WITH KickBacks
15'sx12/12, 20'sx10/10, 25'sx8/8 30'sx8/8
Pretty much dead after this haha. My mind felt like it could still go on, but my body was like... NO MORE~!!!!!

1.5 scoops of Dymatize Smooth Banana Whey
1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition ChocoMint (trying something new here lol)

Legs are so frickin' sore! Especially glutes and hams. Tear-drop is quite sore. I also helped a friend move yesterday... More leg work :mad:

Thoughts
SteelEdge is doing me good. Very focused at the gym and it definitely is allowing me to lift more. Thanks again, Sam!

And IXL has been doing it's thing since like the 3rd week, which was oh-so-long ago! I still get those tingles and I still hate 'em lol. But love 'em or leave 'em... And I definitely am not going to stop taking beta-alanine.

Wow, my body is actually tired. I might sleep early tonight :) That's a good thing!​
[/size]

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude, you better detroy that UPSlabs contest foo