Prop Pulsed: All the cool people are doing it!

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
OK, some of you knew this was coming, and the time has finally arrived! To my knowledge, this is the first ever solo pulse of Propadrol logged on AM. Thanks to those who helped design this cycle, especially Celc5 and Dr. D. Your insight was priceless.

I have no prior steroid or prohormone experience, so I hope this serves as a clean slate from which we can all learn more about Propadrol. I chose Propadrol for the low occurance of side effects and because I was intrigued by the inclusion of an anti-e compound. Plus it fits well with my goal of a clean bulk. I chose the pulse method because of the promise of getting most of the benefits with less sides. Hopefully I have come up with a clean, safe cycle plan which will yield 5-10 pounds of LBM that stick around.

Stats

28 years old, 6’0”, 182lbs
I will measure BF this weekend and update, but believe to be between 15 – 20% (hopefully closer to 15%!)

10 years weight training, including 4 years as a D1 college athlete

Supplement History

Arginine AKG
NO Xplode
Creatine Monohydrate
Lipo-6 (not 6x)
Dymetadrine Extreme
Glutamine
BCAA
Tribulus
DHEA
Whey Protein

Cycle

Week1 = Propadrol (60mg-MWF)
Week2 = Propadrol (60mg-MWF)
Week3 = Propadrol (60mg-MWF)
Week4 = Propadrol (60mg-MWF)

Doses will be 30mg pre w/o and 30mg post w/o. No plan to go to 90mg at this time. If the first 4 weeks go well, I will consider extending the pulse up to 2 additional weeks.

Support Supps

Restore (3 caps on off days), NAC (600+mg ED), SuperCissus, BCAA, Glutamine, Whey Protein, Creatine Mono (cycled 3 days on, 3 days off), Multi-V

Quasi post cycle therapy

6-OXO (ramp up from 100mg ED to 300-400, then ramp back down to 100mg), DHEA (100mg ED and taper to 50mg), SuperCissus as needed, NAC (600+mg ED), BCAA, Glutamine, Whey Protein, Creatine Mono (cycled 3 days on, 3 days off), Multi-V

Typical Diet

Since I am targeting a clean bulk, I am only eating a few hundred calories above maintenance. There is some variation because of cycling the creatine, but this is basically it.

Approx. 3100 calories / day
Approx. 350g protein / day

Example:
Pre w/o – Protein shake w/ glutamine
Post w/o – Protein shake w/ glutamine and BCAA
30 min. post w/o – Cereal w/ skim milk
1.5 hrs. post w/o – Protein bar
2.5 hrs. post w/o – Protein shake
Lunch – Chicken breast w/ 2c green beans
Snack – Oatmeal w/ flax seed. String cheese
Late Afternoon – Protein shake
Dinner – Chicken breast w/ 2c green beans
Bedtime – Protein shake

Weekdays start with lifting at 5:15AM. Protein shakes are made with water. I won't list every day's diet but will briefly comment.

Workout

Max OT is my preferred workout. However, I have a couple nagging injuries (left knee and lower back) which require that I modify some exercises. For at least the next 4 weeks, this is my schedule:

Monday – Back and Traps
Tuesday – Shoulders
Wednesday – Legs
Thursday – Biceps, Forearms, Abs
Friday – Chest and Triceps

I’ll cover individual exercises as I begin the log on Monday, 7/2.

Come along for the ride! :woohoo:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
If all the cool people jumped off a building, would you do that too...hmm ECTO??? :lol:

Good luck...I'm in.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
If all the cool people jumped off a building, would you do that too...hmm ECTO??? :lol:

Good luck...I'm in.

Only if it resulted in bigger muscles! :toofunny:

Nice to see you Wilman. Hope you enjoy the log.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
A couple of additional pieces of information:

1 - I am coming back after a 2 month injury lay-off. I started back into the gym this week and felt pretty good but, like I said previously, I still have some issues to work around.

2 - My water intake is min. 1 gallon per day, but usually closer to 2 gallons.

3 - I will be doing Max OT Cardio (basically it's a 16 min. version of HIIT) on weekends, once Sat. and once Sun. If I'm really feeling good, I may throw in a Tues. or Thurs. night session, but I doubt it. I hate cardio. :smite:

Word...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were going to pulse test propionate...thank god i was wrong.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were going to pulse test propionate...thank god i was wrong.
Yep, you were wrong. Not much point in pulsing an injectable.

Getting this started tomorrow. If I miss a day, I'll catch up shortly after, so keep checking back!

:head:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good luck. I'm a physical therapist so, if you have questions about training around injuries, let me know.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Dosed 30mg of Propadrol pre w/o with Super Cissus, 600mg of NAC and my protein shake. Went to the gym at about 5:30 AM. Official starting weight is 182. Dosed another 30mg of Prop along with fish oil, multi-v, and post w/o shake right after I finished my lift.

Workout

Back & Traps
Lat Pulldowns
6x190, 6x190, 4x200

V-Grip Pulldowns
6x160, 6x170, 4x180

T-Bar Rows
4x135, 4x135

Barbell Shrugs
6x315, 6x335, 5x335

Summary

I didn’t feel sh*t on the first day. But I did see some increased vascularity and a little more pump than usual. Plus my workout went well. Pulldowns felt pretty good. I would have liked to get another rep or 2 on the first set of T-Bar Rows, but I think I was already a little blitzed from the pulldowns. Shrugs were great as usual, except I had a little discomfort in my lower back. I really don’t want to irritate that disc too much, so I may abandon the Max OT rules on this exercise in the future.

Diet has been spot on so far today, despite having to drive 2.5 hours round trip for a 20 minute meeting this morning. :smite:

No sides to report, of course. We’ll see if I feel anything on Wed. when I dose again for leg day. Shoulders tomorrow and 3 caps of Restore.

Other starting measurements:

Right Arm – 14.0
Chest – 38.0
Waist – 33.5
Hips – 33.0
Right Thigh – 22.0

Verdict
Nothing really to report so far. However, I can already give some props for SuperCissus Rx. I took 2 doses yesterday to see if it would help my back and knee on its own and then another dose this morning. This stuff certainly works quickly! We’ll see how it’s working a couple weeks from now, but I’m happy so far.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to eat! :food:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really don’t want to irritate that disc too much, so I may abandon the Max OT rules on this exercise in the future.
Your instincts are correct. Training guidelines are just that, guidelines. Make the change right away as necessary. Maybe prone incline dumbell shrugs to take the tension off of your back?

I can already give some props for SuperCissus Rx. ... This stuff certainly works quickly!
Cissus has an analgesic (pain relief) effect for the first few days. Even if that effect wears off, continue to take it as you planned to get the potential tissue repair effects. I'm getting the best benefits in the last 5-10 days and I'm on week 10 of cissus.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Your instincts are correct. Training guidelines are just that, guidelines. Make the change right away as necessary. Maybe prone incline dumbell shrugs to take the tension off of your back?

Cissus has an analgesic (pain relief) effect for the first few days. Even if that effect wears off, continue to take it as you planned to get the potential tissue repair effects. I'm getting the best benefits in the last 5-10 days and I'm on week 10 of cissus.
Yeah, I'm taking 2 doses per day right now and will continue at that dosage or slightly higher for at least 8 weeks. It's good stuff!

For shrugs, I'll probably try going with lighter weight and higher reps next week and see how it feels.

And I read your PM about Quasi-PCT. I've got to figure that one out, but I was thinking exactly what you were thinking about not ramping up the 6-oxo. I'll see if I can find more info.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Starting Body Fat %

I finally got some calipers to measure body fat % today.

16.2%

Shoulders tomorrow. Rock out! :head:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Yep, you were wrong. Not much point in pulsing an injectable.

Getting this started tomorrow. If I miss a day, I'll catch up shortly after, so keep checking back!

:head:
I see.. and what about pulsing Suspension? It can have an equal 'active life' than some orals (possibly less than some). From the limited amount I know of this pulsing protocol, that would stand to reason.

Prop is Propionate, if you must get sassy and shorten your oral's name, call it something else or you get the real heads around here excited. :D

*sigh* I don't even know what Propadrol is. I am happily out of the loop.

good luck in any event.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I see.. and what about pulsing Suspension? It can have an equal 'active life' than some orals (possibly less than some). From the limited amount I know of this pulsing protocol, that would stand to reason.

Prop is Propionate, if you must get sassy and shorten your oral's name, call it something else or you get the real heads around here excited. :D

*sigh* I don't even know what Propadrol is. I am happily out of the loop.

good luck in any event.
OK then... Can't change the name of the thread, so oh well.

Propadrol = 12-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-diene 17 and

6-17 dihydroxyetiocholone-3-ol proponate

You're now in the loop. Welcome. :lol: And thanks for the "good luck." You too.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
damn it, I wanted to be OUT of the loop.

You don't need to change it, I was feigning gear snob.

My the gods of anabolism sprinkle you with hypertrophic pixie dust.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
damn it, I wanted to be OUT of the loop.

You don't need to change it, I was feigning gear snob.

My the gods of anabolism sprinkle you with hypertrophic pixie dust.
Now that's funny! :rofl: Don't be mad at me if one day I decide to steal that last line for my signature.

Cheers. :cheers:

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Took 3 doses of Restore today. One pre-w/o, one around lunch, and one around dinner time. Also took 2 doses of SuperCissus and all the supporting supps as planned.

Workout

Shoulders
Military Press
6x125, 5x135, 4x135

DB Shoulder Press
6x60, 5x60

Side Lateral Raise
6x35, 5x35

Rear Lateral Raise
6x25

Summary

Before anybody laughs at my military press, I should state that this has ALWAYS been a difficult exercise for me. For whatever reason, I just seem to struggle with it. Maybe this cycle will help me blow through that roadblock, but it didn't really today. Everything else was fine.

Diet was right on, except I ate lunch a little later than usual. Water intake was around 1.5 gallons.

I felt tired today and I've had a headache most of the day. Has anyone experienced either of those effects with Restore? The fatigue could be Propadrol, but I didn't have a headache until an hour or so after my workout. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Verdict

No libido problems or shrinkage, but I've only dosed one day. Still, I'm checking. Weighed in at 182.5. Up half a pound, which is probably water. Legs tomorrow and I'll have to take it easy on squats because my back is yelling at me. I should be able to kick some butt on everything else though.

Happy 4th all! Be safe.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Dosed 30mg Propadrol pre w/o and another 30mg about 30 min. post w/o. Took all other support supps and added creatine today.

Workout

Legs
Squat
6x225, 6x245, 6x255

Lying Leg Curl
6x160, 6x170, 6x180

Seated Calf Raise
8x225, 8x235, 6x235

45 Degree Calf Raise (one leg at a time, on leg press)
8x315, 8x335

Summary

OK, I think the Propadrol kicked in some strength gains today! I still don't feel any different in the gym, but the lifts show me that something is going on. 255 is my PR for squat and that was 3 months ago. I've quickly gotten back to that level, despite a bum back and sore knee. 180 on leg curls is a PR by 10 pounds. I'm doing those because I can't do sldl with a bad back. :sad: Also equaled my PRs on both calf raise exercises. So, PRs all around! :woohoo:

So far today, diet has been good. No work due to the holiday, so I'll have to stay focused on eating well while getting in some family time.

I still feel tired as sh*t and have a headache. The funniest thing was that I woke up with a headache and had a headached driving to the gym. But as soon as I put my headphones on and got ready to lift, my headache went away. Then when I got home, the headache came back. Is there such a thing as "weight lifting withdrawal?"

Verdict

Weight is still 182.5. This lethargy is unexpected, as is the headache. If I can't function normally outside the gym and if I'm always cranking because my head hurts, then this is not worth it. I'll give it a few more days, but that's it. If these symptoms persist, I will have to terminate the pulse.

Other than the crappy sides and increased stregth, I think I have also had some increased muscle hardness. Balls are fine and libido is normal. Time to eat again.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Waited until I got some solid food in my belly before I took my first dose of Restore. All other supps remained the same.

Workout

Biceps, Forearms, Abs
Barbell Curls
6x105, 5x105, 4x105

Alternating DB Curls
6x40, 6x45, 5x45

Standing DB Wrist Curls
6x60, 5x65, 5x65

Incline Crunch
12x5, 12x10, 12x10

Chair Leg Raise
12xBW, 12xBW, 12xBW

Summary

Got PR? Another solid workout today. I was a little disappointed I didn’t get one more rep on the last set of barbell curls. But I made up for it by equaling my PR on DB curls. Then I equaled my PR on DB wrist curls too. Good stuff! I may have to start changing up my ab routine to get more weight into it. I started off light because of my back, but so far that hasn’t been a problem and I’m getting the full compliment of reps on each set. So, I need more weight!

Diet is on so far and went pretty well yesterday too. I even avoided the ice cream my wife bought in favor of a protein shake.

I still feel lethargic, but maybe not quite as bad today. Headache is letting up a bit too. It’s still there, just less intense.

Had sex last night and can say that I have no libido or performance problems whatsoever. And the wife liked it! :pose:

Verdict

Weight is still 182.5. It’s still early, but I am going to start ramping up the calories a little, since I have not gained so far. I’m liking the strength in the gym, even on off days. If the headache continues to go away, then I’ll be good to go for the rest of the scheduled pulse. I’ve gotten some good PMs on this issue and will continue to look into it. I’ll try to get a BP test soon as a precaution, but I’m hoping the headache going away means it was just my body getting used to the compound. On the subject of lethargy, I know that is a reported side of several other compounds, but I haven’t seen any reports of it with Propadrol, which is why I’m surprised by it. If anybody who I haven’t already talked to has any input, I’d love to hear it. Thanks.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Done like dinner...

Well folks, it's been fun... but not really. I am terminating my pulse of Propadrol due to lethargy and a 3 day headache which is probably from increased blood pressure. I'm not willing to risk long term damage to my body, so I'm out! :sad:

My plan is to run the 6-oxo and dhea together as I had planned for a PCT. I won't log it, but I'll provide the results in a month or so. Wish me luck.

My incomplete verdict on Propadrol is that it may have been promising for strength increases, as I already had some evidence of that, but it may also not be as "mild" as some have stated. Everyone reacts differently and it's possible that I just can't handle this kind of compound. One other note is that it is probably best as a cutter or for recomp. I didn't gain an ounce this week, so even the target of a clean bulk is probably not going to happen on Propadrol. Good luck kiddies.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The headaches probably started from watching the Browns last year :whiner:

Seriously, that sucks... I'd still get your BP checked at the local pharmacy or walk in Rite Aide nurse practitioner.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
The headaches probably started from watching the Browns last year :whiner:

Seriously, that sucks... I'd still get your BP checked at the local pharmacy or walk in Rite Aide nurse practitioner.
Oh, you suck! :FUfinger:

Yeah, I will. Thanks for all your help and sorry I couldn't provide more complete feedback on Propadrol! :frustrate:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Sorry EP! Hope you feel better soon! :thumbsup:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No need to apologize. I bet your idea will inspire some others to try out a prop... er, propADROL pulse. Good luck with getting rid of the headaches and on future stacks :head:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely reminds me to check my bp regularly. I don't quite fit in drugstore cuffs tho those damn things only go up to 13-14 inches. I wonder how accurate they are with ~15.5ish arms

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
definitely reminds me to check my bp regularly. I don't quite fit in drugstore cuffs tho those damn things only go up to 13-14 inches. I wonder how accurate they are with ~15.5ish arms
I have access to cuff and sphygmomanometer and the drug store cuff comes within about 4-5mm systolic for me. I have 16.5" inch arms and it's not a problem. I guess not all of them would be super accurate all the time though.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
The drug store I go to uses the forearm, so no problem fitting. I was 122/77 last night. I expected it to be a bit higher, but that is up some from where I was (110/65, I think). Slow-mun says that there have been some reports of elevated BP with Propadrol, so there you go. I'll check it again this weekend. My headache is still there today, but better.