Java Lather Soap by RPN

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet was kind enough to send me a bar of the scar reducing soap to test out, been using it since Friday.

Gonna be using this thread as a log of sorts.

Initial Impressions:

Soap smells really good
Exfoliation is the best or any soap I've ever used, it isn't to harsh or soft, its just right.
Skin is noticeably softer, even after the first use, but it doesn't feel oily like I expected.

Its too soon to report on scar reduction.

I have a pic but nowhere to upload them, can anyone upload them for me? Its a crazy scar on my leg, the perfect type to test this on.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Cool bananas. Um.. how to upload the pics.. go to imageshack.us and select the file/pic you want to upload, then get the urlcode and paste it in!

If you have trouble you can email me the pics: [email protected] and I can try it for you? :)

Grant

Awards
  • Established
That is a really weird side angle of my right thigh, the knife is a tattoo, the scar is real as hell, its about 5-6 inches long

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Mind telling the story behind that one?
The combination of that tattoo and scar is just too interesting for me to ignore my curiosity.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Especially with the words "Never Again" on the knife. One of those must tell, stories.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree...too intriguing to not hear this story.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmm combined with the tat I'm not sure i would want to diminish that scar. Produces good effect.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree...too intriguing to not hear this story.
Yep, let's hear it man. You can't show something as interesting as that and not fess up.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Mwhahaha!

I slipped and cut it on a rail.....

or did I, hahahaha!

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I aint gonna tell btw, so quit why yall are ahead, :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Used the soap again this morning, as I do everyday now, no signigifigant changes in scars, skin is soft and smooth and acne free though.

I really like this soap alot!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Used the soap again this morning, as I do everyday now, no signigifigant changes in scars, skin is soft and smooth and acne free though.

I really like this soap alot!
Nice! Anything noteworthy this week?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Still using it, although I have stopped using it on my whole body, because it doesn't last that long if I do it that way. I am only using it on the stretch marks on my shoulder/armpit, and the scar on my leg. The leg scar hasn't faded much, but it is no longer crusty, and it does feel softer and less tight. Good in my book! My stretch marks on my shoulders/armpits have gotten tighter also, and seem to have stopped getting that spreading look that they get after a hard workout or two. Keeping them in check really well

I probably have about a weeks worth of washes if I use it this way. Thats my only complaint, the bar doesn't last long enough

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Still using it, although I have stopped using it on my whole body, because it doesn't last that long if I do it that way. I am only using it on the stretch marks on my shoulder/armpit, and the scar on my leg. The leg scar hasn't faded much, but it is no longer crusty, and it does feel softer and less tight. Good in my book! My stretch marks on my shoulders/armpits have gotten tighter also, and seem to have stopped getting that spreading look that they get after a hard workout or two. Keeping them in check really well

I probably have about a weeks worth of washes if I use it this way. Thats my only complaint, the bar doesn't last long enough
I completely agree, the soap is a great at exfoliation, smells great and skin is soft, but the bar goes by way too fast. Mine has maybe a week left and I got it less than two weeks ago. I would like to use it on my entire body for the exfoliation and skin softness it gives, but just can't do it since the soap runs out too fast.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I will update this really soon with pics,

I have been super busy, just finished EMT school and am trying to get all of that in order

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We are looking into finding a bigger mold. That way we can give you guys bigger bars for the same price!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
We are looking into finding a bigger mold. That way we can give you guys bigger bars for the same price!
Good to know, if the bars get bigger I will definitely start using this regularly. It is a solid product and some of my stretch marks are starting to get silvery on parts of it. Other than that I love the smell and exfoliation on it.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I completely agree, the soap is a great at exfoliation, smells great and skin is soft, but the bar goes by way too fast. Mine has maybe a week left and I got it less than two weeks ago. I would like to use it on my entire body for the exfoliation and skin softness it gives, but just can't do it since the soap runs out too fast.
Lol mine didn't even last a week at twice ed. I just orderd 2 more bars today. I do love the soap. To be fair I like the exfolating and was grinding the soap on my skin like sand paper. It seemed to clear up the black heads I had on my nose in no time at all.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I'm talking about!!! Big boys need big soap(we're pretty nasty).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK..this thread has taken a turn towards nasty.

Should we make the bars more slippery so you can have an excuse for dropping them?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
How's about a liquid version in 2 or 3 different sizes?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK..this thread has taken a turn towards nasty.

Should we make the bars more slippery so you can have an excuse for dropping them?
Naa, I have no aspiration to perform a scene straight out of American History X. Besides with the exfoliating factor, the slipperyness would take away some of the coolness about the soap.

Let's just say that the average user of the soap is from this particular type of demographic(strength trainers, bodybuilders, fitness enthusiast), gaurantee your catering to a slightly larger(physically) crowd as the customer base. More surface area + sweaty post wo showers + bigger soap = HAPPY.:D

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Should we find a mold of a 5lb plate for you with a hole in the middle so you can hang it up in the gym...lol Your own weight plate soap, you can do forearm curls with it:smite:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should we find a mold of a 5lb plate for you with a hole in the middle so you can hang it up in the gym...lol Your own weight plate soap, you can do forearm curls with it:smite:
:toofunny:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to crader again.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, I think the plate shaped soap is a FANTASTIC idea. I think I will check out some plastic's molding places to see how much a mold would cost.

and FYI...the original bars were around 3 ounces each. Current bars, using the bar molds, are around 4 ounces each. We are going to keep this bigger size (25% larger than the first runs) and move to a more production friendly shape.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always the leader in ingenuity... and actually after thinking about it, yeah plate shaped soap would be kind of cool. Heck if you wanted to you could make some soap-on-a-rope out of it.

Looking forward to the new bars.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always the leader in ingenuity... and actually after thinking about it, yeah plate shaped soap would be kind of cool. Heck if you wanted to you could make some soap-on-a-rope out of it.

Looking forward to the new bars.
I can see it now....Soap-Rope Tricep Pushdowns!!!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BUMP for updates.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
I already have a workout routine while taking a shower. But it would be nice to have other options rather than just... Mon: Forearms Tues: Forearms Wed: Forearms Thurs: Forearms Friday: Forearms Sat: Rest Sun: Forearms

On a serious note...My whole body is a net of stretch marks (literally). Especially my stomach, obliques, biceps, inner thighs. I've already ordered the soap and I'm just waiting for delivery. I can't wait to use it!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already have a workout routine while taking a shower. But it would be nice to have other options rather than just... Mon: Forearms Tues: Forearms Wed: Forearms Thurs: Forearms Friday: Forearms Sat: Rest Sun: Forearms

On a serious note...My whole body is a net of stretch marks (literally). Especially my stomach, obliques, biceps, inner thighs. I've already ordered the soap and I'm just waiting for delivery. I can't wait to use it!
Have you considered a split routine? It requires more effort, but you might find the change refreshing.

Perhaps something like...Monday a.m. - right forearm, Monday p.m. Left forearm, etc.?

I also don't see any wrist or pinkie work in there.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Wow that would make a dramatic picture log..pretty please;)

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps something like...Monday a.m. - right forearm, Monday p.m. Left forearm, etc.?

I also don't see any wrist or pinkie work in there.
Already alternating in between sets. And I am staying away from "failure" sets.

I have not yet incorporated wrist or pinkie because I always thought that was cheating. But isolating these targeted areas may prolong my endurance. So I will definitely consider it.

But like my Grandpa Olaf use to say, "Go Hard! Or Go Home!"

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
just dont use the hole in the soap for anything you shouldnt! This aint Jergens bro!

Grant

Awards
  • Established
My long due final review....

Sorry Ive been really busy, EMT school, national testing, all the bull**** I gotta do..

I LOVE THIS SOAP

I am not the type of guy to be into **** like this, but this soap is different.

It is the only soap I have ever used that prevented acne this well, whenever I use it I clear up in days.

My stretch marks got lighter, and tighter.

The big scar on my leg while it did not fade (it probably never will, it is VERY deep) it stopped itching, which is great, considering it itches pretty much all the time.

I do not have pics, but FWIW, I bought two more bars, and and buying some for my sister who has had eczema her whole life to see if it can help her, I will let y'all know about her results with it.

Thanks RPN for letting me try this, you have a believer now!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My long due final review....

Sorry Ive been really busy, EMT school, national testing, all the bull**** I gotta do..

I LOVE THIS SOAP

I am not the type of guy to be into **** like this, but this soap is different.

It is the only soap I have ever used that prevented acne this well, whenever I use it I clear up in days.

My stretch marks got lighter, and tighter.

The big scar on my leg while it did not fade (it probably never will, it is VERY deep) it stopped itching, which is great, considering it itches pretty much all the time.

I do not have pics, but FWIW, I bought two more bars, and and buying some for my sister who has had eczema her whole life to see if it can help her, I will let y'all know about her results with it.

Thanks RPN for letting me try this, you have a believer now!
Excellent...very great review that is really appreciated. More and more people are reporting that it is helping their acne, which was unexpected but great to hear.

We just signed a contract with Gold's Gym in Ohio for them to pick up Java Lather, and we will be picking up a bunch of other accounts soon.

There is a Liquid version that is going into label design, and we sent a few samples of Jumbo Java Lather (7.5 ounce bar) to Nutraplanet to test sell, and gauge demand.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad it went well for you. I hope it helps your sister out as well.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
any word on when a regular scar cream might be out?