My gaining weight while looking good log
- 06-29-2007, 03:08 AM
ahh soo much different opinions... i think im going to stick with 5 day a week with a 1 light workout day.. i'll stick to my workout plan but lift heavy as said once i do 2 or so warm up sets.. also i am trying my best to eat its just so hard :'( can anyone recomend some quick eating alternatives (Hungry man, lean quizine ETC??)
- 06-29-2007, 09:15 AM
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I have to agree with Pumping Iron, deadlifts are arguably the best lift and at worst the second best lift just behind squats.
As to Inchamery dude, I feel for you. When I graduated high school I was 5'11, nearly 6'0 actually, and 140lbs dripping wet. I didn't start gaining weight until about my junior year of college when I started lifting a couple of days a week and by the time I graduated college I was 175-180lbs. So with a decent diet, and a pretty good plan you can probably gain about the same. I'd forget about the steroids until you're out of college at the least. Good luck to you bro.
06-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Just a precaution for a young guy starting off ... as he gets stronger ... maybe at an in his mid-twenties he could start doing deads but they are not necessary ... squats (although also risky) will slow down his metabolism and give him the weight gaves he wants.
06-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Squats don't slow your metabolism down. They just pack a lot of muscle on your legs and lower back.
06-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I think you need to concetrate on form no matter what stage you are at in your training...So deadlift and squat away.
06-29-2007, 01:46 PM
06-29-2007, 01:52 PM
The sodium content in Lean Cuisine is insane and Hungry man has high sodium, sugar and fat content.
Why not prepare meals in advance?
06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
true.. well my my mom is going shopping today maybe i should make a eating schedule.. okay well im off to write it !
06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
you're 17...you're definitely old enough to start eating right and taking some responsibility in what goes into your body. I know it's a pain with the parents and everything though, but if they pay for your groceries then you have it made...I spend way to much every month at costco and bj's
06-29-2007, 03:29 PM
06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
06-29-2007, 03:45 PM
06-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok heres todays log
9 Nitrix 3 upon wake up , 3 afternoon, 3 night inbetween meals
2 Isopure Protein drinks inbetween meals
1 N.O Explode (pre- workout)
1 Cellmass drink (Post)
1 L-Arginine pill (between Breakfast and Lunch)
Raisin Bran + Bannana = breakfast
2 Self-Serve Pizza's = Lunch
Chicken and Mash = Dinner
Currently munching on 8 hershey kisses for 230 cals.. and i think ill have 2 eggo waffles before bed time
Max Effort Bench 3 Sets (Forgot the reps i think like 10,7,4)
Skull Crushers 4 sets of 12,10,10,8 reps
Shrugs 4 sets of 15,15,10,10
Inclined Push ups 3 sets of 10,10,8
Regular Bicep curls 4 sets of 10,10,8,8
30 rope climbers
90 regular crutches
(am i doing enough for abs)
Well im definitely putting on weight but today i found out i am takin a 3 week trip to england july 20th WTF DO I DO??!?!?!?!?!!? is there like a push up workout i should be doing? My auntie feeds me well but should i try and bring supplements and idk one of the stretchy rope things to curl?? HELP!!!! Would i even be alowed supplements through customs? I WANT TO KEEP MY WORKOUT GOING.
06-29-2007, 11:16 PM
06-29-2007, 11:18 PM
06-29-2007, 11:23 PM
06-30-2007, 01:29 PM
07-21-2007, 02:19 PM
07-28-2007, 12:48 AM
I am repeating what the others say. It does NOT matter what exercise you are doing you must ALWAYS:
1. Breath - In or out on exertion you decide what feels more natural to you.
2. Form - Lifting weight with the strictest form - See videos etc on bb.com for examples of exercise.
3. Focus - Focus on your lifting and what you are doing when you are in the gym, talk if you want to talk but when you are working out...Work OUT! Read up on mind/ muscle connection.
4. Compounds - If you are wanting to gain mass, then the first 2 years will be spent with Compound exercises to build a solid foundation that the rest of your bodybuilding house can rest on.
5. Weakest - As Arnold says "You are ONLY as strong as your weakest muscle" and that ***** from the tv show "you are the weakest link, goodbye" if you have weak links ( we all do ) bring them up with the rest of your body or you will have a link break at the wrong time, which could potentially f'up the rest of the chain ( your body ).
I hope this helps. Now enough with the questions and get your ass into the gym! You can read when you're recovering
Last edited by neoborn; 07-28-2007 at 02:29 AM.
07-30-2007, 05:56 AM
drop those bsn products and the isopure, isopure has no carbs and has little calories. You should be consuming 20cal per lb of bodyweight. I would go axis lab's smash pre-workout, buy bulk CEE or creatine monohydrate, also nitrix wont do anything for you there is no evidence that no does anything except give you a temp. pump, it wont make you stronger and help you gain weight. Save your money and spend it on food, truthfully if you wanna get big and bulk up.. then eat. I would also look into weight gainer protein shakes like such as cytogainer it has ur 3g of creatine in it too, you can get it around 35 at a supplement store or on nutraplanet. I wouldnt mess with your hormones till you get older and until you do more research and find out exactly whats going on and the risks involved.
Similar Forum Threads
- By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 36Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
- By bugmenot in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
- By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 178Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:17 AM
- By Rodja in forum Workout LogsReplies: 20Last Post: 07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
- By jagg in forum AnabolicsReplies: 28Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:56 AM