My gaining weight while looking good log

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. ahh soo much different opinions... i think im going to stick with 5 day a week with a 1 light workout day.. i'll stick to my workout plan but lift heavy as said once i do 2 or so warm up sets.. also i am trying my best to eat its just so hard :'( can anyone recomend some quick eating alternatives (Hungry man, lean quizine ETC??)

2. Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    I do not recommend dead lifts or military shoulder presses behind the head.
    Ummm, why wouldn't you recomment deads? They could possible be best lift...
    •   

3. I have to agree with Pumping Iron, deadlifts are arguably the best lift and at worst the second best lift just behind squats.

As to Inchamery dude, I feel for you. When I graduated high school I was 5'11, nearly 6'0 actually, and 140lbs dripping wet. I didn't start gaining weight until about my junior year of college when I started lifting a couple of days a week and by the time I graduated college I was 175-180lbs. So with a decent diet, and a pretty good plan you can probably gain about the same. I'd forget about the steroids until you're out of college at the least. Good luck to you bro.

4. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Ummm, why wouldn't you recomment deads? They could possible be best lift...
    Deads are probably one of the most risky excercises as far hurting your back. You could get the same results with other excercises. As I said, I'm 38 and have been working out since I was 16 ... I've seen lots of people hurt themselves doing deads. You have to be careful ... too careful if you ask me.

Just a precaution for a young guy starting off ... as he gets stronger ... maybe at an in his mid-twenties he could start doing deads but they are not necessary ... squats (although also risky) will slow down his metabolism and give him the weight gaves he wants.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    Deads are probably one of the most risky excercises as far hurting your back. You could get the same results with other excercises. As I said, I'm 38 and have been working out since I was 16 ... I've seen lots of people hurt themselves doing deads. You have to be careful ... too careful if you ask me.

Just a precaution for a young guy starting off ... as he gets stronger ... maybe at an in his mid-twenties he could start doing deads but they are not necessary ... squats (although also risky) will slow down his metabolism and give him the weight gaves he wants.
    Yeah they hurt themselves doing deadlifts wrong. I pull over 2.5x my bodyweight and I have never had a problem with back issues. In fact, when I do odd object lifting and functional stuff like moving large objects at work (motors, etc) I feel safe knowing that my lower back is extremely strong.

Squats don't slow your metabolism down. They just pack a lot of muscle on your legs and lower back.

6. I think you need to concetrate on form no matter what stage you are at in your training...So deadlift and squat away.

7. Could Hungry man meals and lean quiizines be good alt. meals?

8. The sodium content in Lean Cuisine is insane and Hungry man has high sodium, sugar and fat content.

Why not prepare meals in advance?

9. Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    The sodium content in Lean Cuisine is insane and Hungry man has high sodium, sugar and fat content.

Why not prepare meals in advance?

10. true.. well my my mom is going shopping today maybe i should make a eating schedule.. okay well im off to write it !
    •   

11. you're 17...you're definitely old enough to start eating right and taking some responsibility in what goes into your body. I know it's a pain with the parents and everything though, but if they pay for your groceries then you have it made...I spend way to much every month at costco and bj's

12. can anyone recomend a good cereal?

13. Granola and Yogurt(even though its high in sugar)? Oats? Kashi makes some decent cereals too.

14. I will be updating tonite with pictures after my workout

15. Ok heres todays log

Supplements
    9 Nitrix 3 upon wake up , 3 afternoon, 3 night inbetween meals
    2 Isopure Protein drinks inbetween meals
    1 N.O Explode (pre- workout)
    1 Cellmass drink (Post)
    1 L-Arginine pill (between Breakfast and Lunch)

Meals
    Raisin Bran + Bannana = breakfast
    2 Self-Serve Pizza's = Lunch
    Chicken and Mash = Dinner

Currently munching on 8 hershey kisses for 230 cals.. and i think ill have 2 eggo waffles before bed time

Workout
    Max Effort Bench 3 Sets (Forgot the reps i think like 10,7,4)
    Skull Crushers 4 sets of 12,10,10,8 reps
    Shrugs 4 sets of 15,15,10,10
    Inclined Push ups 3 sets of 10,10,8
    Regular Bicep curls 4 sets of 10,10,8,8
    Ab workout
    30 rope climbers
    90 regular crutches
    6 inches
    (am i doing enough for abs)

Weight

Thoughts
    Well im definitely putting on weight but today i found out i am takin a 3 week trip to england july 20th WTF DO I DO??!?!?!?!?!!? is there like a push up workout i should be doing? My auntie feeds me well but should i try and bring supplements and idk one of the stretchy rope things to curl?? HELP!!!! Would i even be alowed supplements through customs? I WANT TO KEEP MY WORKOUT GOING.

Pics

16. Quote Originally Posted by Inchamery View Post
    UPDATED WITH PICS
    My situation : Alright i'm currently a highschool senior who is looking to gain some weight , although still be somewhat "ripped" .. Right now i'm at:

Weight: 143
    Max Press: 180

I would like to by the end of the summer be able to gain about 20 pounds. I am currently stacking BSN N.O. Ex-plode, BSN Cellmass starting today i will also be taking Nitrix and Strawberry-Vanilla Isopure (protein 2 drinks a day).

I am currently working out about 5 times a week , pairing Biceps and chest, and back and tri-ceps into 4 of the days (bi-chest,tri-back two different days) and then 1 day of legs. I will be posting my work out as done. I have currently gained about 5 pounds over a month. I am 5'11 may I add i really shot up so its time to shoot out and look good doing it.

EDIT

New work out Regiment :
    Mon-Fri Westside (for skinny bastards)
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm

Over the coure of this any advice or guidance will be accepted and appreciated greatly!:bb:

todays dinner:
    12 Buffalo Wings, Wild Rice soup .. i went out to eat

Later on:
    1 H-drol, 1 isopure two scoop shake.

Workout: None Today.. one of my two days off

Tomorow: Triceps and Back main focus

will keep updated
    where ur bros play ball @?

17. Quote Originally Posted by BigPHusers11 View Post
    where ur bros play ball @?
    1 doesnt play anymore and one plays at wesley

18. guess who

19. well ill log again monday see y'all

20. Where have you been brother? I was really intrested in this log!

21. I am repeating what the others say. It does NOT matter what exercise you are doing you must ALWAYS:

1. Breath - In or out on exertion you decide what feels more natural to you.

2. Form - Lifting weight with the strictest form - See videos etc on bb.com for examples of exercise.

3. Focus - Focus on your lifting and what you are doing when you are in the gym, talk if you want to talk but when you are working out...Work OUT! Read up on mind/ muscle connection.

4. Compounds - If you are wanting to gain mass, then the first 2 years will be spent with Compound exercises to build a solid foundation that the rest of your bodybuilding house can rest on.

5. Weakest - As Arnold says "You are ONLY as strong as your weakest muscle" and that ***** from the tv show "you are the weakest link, goodbye" if you have weak links ( we all do ) bring them up with the rest of your body or you will have a link break at the wrong time, which could potentially f'up the rest of the chain ( your body ).

I hope this helps. Now enough with the questions and get your ass into the gym! You can read when you're recovering

Much Love,

Neoborn
    Last edited by neoborn; 07-28-2007 at 02:29 AM.

22. drop those bsn products and the isopure, isopure has no carbs and has little calories. You should be consuming 20cal per lb of bodyweight. I would go axis lab's smash pre-workout, buy bulk CEE or creatine monohydrate, also nitrix wont do anything for you there is no evidence that no does anything except give you a temp. pump, it wont make you stronger and help you gain weight. Save your money and spend it on food, truthfully if you wanna get big and bulk up.. then eat. I would also look into weight gainer protein shakes like such as cytogainer it has ur 3g of creatine in it too, you can get it around 35 at a supplement store or on nutraplanet. I wouldnt mess with your hormones till you get older and until you do more research and find out exactly whats going on and the risks involved.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My GAINS will be GOLDEN (Sponsered Log)
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
  2. Is my routine good? I'm gaining weight but only fat
    By bugmenot in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
  3. Gaining strength while cutting fat log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:17 AM
  4. Replies: 20